Category:2015 Philippine television series endings
Pages in category "2015 Philippine television series endings"
The following 74 pages are in this category, out of 74 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 74 pages are in this category, out of 74 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. The Buzz (talk show) – The Buzz, stylized as The Buzz 15, and formerly known as Buzz Ng Bayan, is a weekly entertainment news and talk show in the Philippines. It premiered on June 13,1999, and was the second longest-running weekly entertainment news and it featured local celebrity gossip and news. It was permanently replaced by Kapamilya Mega Blockbusters since April 12,2015, the reason for the talk shows abrupt cancellation is because of the networks plans to focus on more Korean dramas and Kapamilya Blockbusters anti-anime movie block on ABS-CBNs main channel. The shows original format was similar to ABS-CBNs The Correspondents were Abunda interacts with a group of field reporters dishing out the latest showbiz news. Showbiz columnist Ricky Lo and John Lapus were the first co-hosts of the show, along with Tim Yap, the format was later on discarded when the network took in Kris Aquino during the shows second season on January 9,2000. Aquinos inclusion in the served as a reunion of sorts between her and Abunda, when they used to host Startalk on GMA Network. The show became an interesting gabfest with Aquino and Abunda dishing out the latest exclusives with the help of its reliable staff, actress and model Angelica Jones and columnist Pat-P Daza-Planas were introduced as the new segment presenters after the departure of Yap and Carvajal from the show. Jones left the show a later, and was replaced by reporter and blogger JV Villar in 2002. This was also the year where Pat-P decided to leave due to commitments with her family. In 2003, the duo welcomed Cristy Fermin as an additional host and her opinions and commentaries made the show wider and more noticeable. This was also the year where one of its original hosts, Lo. Phoemela Barranda, who was working at ABS-CBNs flagship newscast TV Patrol World as the anchor of Star Patrol. In 2005, one of its hosts, Lapus, left the show after his contract in ABS-CBN expired and was given a hosting stint to GMAs S-Files. Jobert Sucaldito served as the replacement of Lapus in 2006 and this year also presented Buzz Express, wherein other showbiz-related news were presented within a time span of 1–2 minutes. It was voice-overed by Roxy Liquigan and Eric John Salut, both staff of the show, on March 11,2007, Ruffa Gutierrez became the temporary replacement for Aquino who left the show to focus on her pregnancy and her family. Dawn Zulueta also served as a guest co-host when Ruffa Gutierrez went to the United States for a two-week vacation, when Gutierrez returned in June 2007, the network offered her a permanent co-hosting job in the show. In October 15,2008, Cristy Fermin was suspended by the network after she rattled off a series of accusations against former actress Nadia Montenegro in an episode aired on October 5,2008. According to a statement released by the network, It was deemed that Ms. Fermin did not conduct herself with due regard to social conventions and her statements went beyond the bounds of decency as they involved innocent children who were not party to their personal dispute
2. Ratsada 24 Oras – Ratsada 24 Oras, formerly Ratsada and 24 Oras Western Visayas, was a Philippine regional news program aired over GMA Iloilo. It provides news and features around Iloilo City and Province of the same name, the newscast airs every Monday to Friday 5,00 to 5,45 pm with its broadcast center located at MacArthur Drive, Jaro, Iloilo City. It is also heard on a delayed basis through DYSI1323 AM and simulcast over GMA Channel 2 Kalibo. The newscasts anchors are Gerthrode Charlotte Tan and Atty, Ratsada 24 Oras has covered the entire Western Visayas and Negros Island Region and has increased its ability to provide comprehensive, effective and reliable news gathering. The newscast began its airing on October 4,1999 and it was one of the three regional newscasts initially launched by the network along with Balitang Bisdak of GMA Cebu and Testigo of GMA Davao under the banner of GMA Super Balita. Jeja Rose Pornan-Simeon and Noly Calvo were the first anchors of the news program. Months later, the tandem was replaced by Gerthrode Charlotte Tan and Christopher Misajon, the tandem of Tan and Misajon lasted until September 23,2004, when Misajon was shot by a group of robbers and died two days later. Misajon was replaced by Jonathan Gellangarin, who was a radio personality in Western Visayas. In October 2007, Ratsada began its simulcast on GMA Bacolod, the simulcast lasted until November 19,2010, in preparation with the launch of its own regional news program Isyu Subong Negrense, and later returned in November 2012 until 2013. On the newscasts 10th anniversary in 2009, Tan left the newscast temporarily leaving Gellangarin as the anchor of the program. In 2012, Gellangarin left the newscast and Tan returned together with Mark Nunieza as her co-anchor, following changes of 24 Oras, Ratsada was rebranded as 24 Oras Western Visayas on November 10,2014. Lawyer and local broadcast journalist Jobert Peñaflorida took Nuniezas place who returned to his job to the newscast. On July 20,2015,24 Oras Western Visayas was retitled Ratsada 24 Oras, after more than 16 years, Ratsada 24 Oras went off-air on November 13,2015, following the layoffs of more than 20 personnel in the Iloilo station as part of streamlining of operations. Joecel Huesca Charlene Belvis Gador Julius Belaca-Ol Nenita Hobilla Gerthrode Charlotte Tan Atty
3. Let the Love Begin (TV series) – Let the Love Begin is a 2015 Philippine television series directed by Gina Alajar starring Gabbi Garcia and Ruru Madrid. It is based on the 2005 film of the title under GMA Films/Gutz Productions starring Richard Gutierrez. The series premiered on GMA Network and internationally on GMA Pinoy TV on May 4,2015 replacing Once Upon a Kiss on the primetime block. It is the love story of Erick and Pia, who are childhood friends. As fate decided, Erick and Pia meet again, but now as teenagers, Erick eventually fell in love with Pia, with Pia not knowing it. But when Pias stepmother, Celeste, and Luchie torture Pia and her family, and it eventually happens that both of them should choose an ending for their legendary love story, with every decision having a corresponding consequence. Gabbi Garcia as Sophia Alexandra Pia V. Sta, Maria Ruru Madrid as Frederick Erick M. Maria / DJ Tony Rita Avila as Sofie V. Sta. Maria Donita Rose-Villarama as Mayor Celeste Estuar-Dela Vega Roi Vinzon as Gov
4. Beautiful Strangers (TV series) – It premiered on August 10,2015 replacing Let the Love Begin on the networks GMA Telebabad primetime block, and also airing worldwide via GMA Pinoy TV. The show ended on November 27,2015 on its 16-week run with the total of 80 episodes, beautiful Strangers is a story of two women who start off as friends and end up as fierce rivals. It likewise validates how powerful a woman is, to bring about joy or to cause heartbreak in every persons life, beautiful Strangers is about the interconnected lives of Joyce and Kristine. Joyce is a woman motivated by her big dreams, but all her dreams are shattered into pieces when Ronaldo Castillo attempted to rape her and accidentally pushes her down the stairs. All along, Ronaldo thinks that he killed Joyce after he let Rigor burn her, fortunately, Joyce is able to survive everything but she suffers from selective amnesia. She crosses paths with Kristine and will be called Lea, after Lea saves Kristine from being stabbed by a man Kristine operated Lea and when she sees her face she remembered the things that Ronaldo did to her but she did not know who the man is. When Kristine know about Noels relationship with Joyce they broke up, when Joyce and Noel broke up Joyce is now with Lawrence but they are developing a love for one another. In one night Joyce gets arrested but Lawrence isnt there so she cant save Joyce from being arrested by Kristine, Joyce escapes by proving her innocence and Kristine get really angry so she almost hit Joyce by a wrench. But Alejandra is the one that hits Joyce then Kristine is blamed for the incident, in jail, Kristine is being bullied by Georgia. While she is in jail Noel steals the evidence to let Kristine escape from jail, Alejandra fakes fired Rigor but one night Rigor is seen by Joyce so she called for helped and when he called Maam then Alejandra said she doesnt have a criminal men. Rigor plans revenge on Alejandra but killed by the men of Alejandra in the orders of Salve when he is about to reveal Alejandras secret, in the time Rigor gave Kristine the evidence and when Kristine watched the video the trouble get more intense. When she is about to tell Joyce about the evidence but Joyce didnt believe her, when Ronaldo seen their team up he keeps their secret also and never told Alejandra. Then when Lawrence saw the picture that Hannah took he is now doubting about his wife, especially now he is believing a false truth that Noel and Joyce is in a relationship. In the day that Alejandra knows that Joyce and Kristine are pretending to be enemies she tells her new men to follow them, then Georgia is back and she is now an ally and she is the key to the evidence. Alejandras men kidnapped Noel and used him to get the evidence against her, in the meantime, Noel escaped and Alejandra lied to Kristine to get the evidence but suddenly Noel came behind them and told them he escaped from Alejandras men. But when they try to escape, Noel shoot the car Alejandra was riding on then it hit a rock. For Kristines goodness she got tricked by Alejandra but one of her men helped her, when Gani came into the picture she was accidentally shot by one of Alejandras men. When the police came they go into Ganis car then escape, on the same night, Alejandra thinks Lawrence betrayed her because the police went on their house with Ronaldo to find her
5. Daybreak (Philippine TV series) – 9TV Daybreak was the English-language morning hard-news newscast of 9TV. It featured daily headlines as well as national and local news, weather, traffic, sports, foreign and its initial telecast was on October 1,2012 on TalkTV, airing weekdays from 7,00 am to 8,30 am. It was one of the programs upon TalkTVs conversion into Solar News Channel. On January 7,2013, Amelyn Veloso from TV5, joined as new co-anchor, but Veloso left Daybreak on May 30,2014, when she was placed as the host of the public service program Serbisyo All Access, and was replaced by Hilary Isaac. On October 1,2014, on the day of the shows 2nd anniversary, claudine Trillo then joined the program as its co-anchor. Daybreak ceased airing on March 13,2015 as part of the transition into CNN Philippines. It was replaced by Headline News from March 16
6. Once Upon a Kiss – Once Upon a Kiss is a Filipino drama series broadcast by GMA Network starring Bianca Umali and Miguel Tanfelix. It premiered on January 5,2015 replacing Strawberry Lane on the networks GMA Telebabad primetime block, the show ended on May 1,2015 on its 17-week run with the total of 83 episodes overall it will be replaced by Let the Love Begin on its timeslot. Starting March 10,2016 it will re-air on GMA Life TV worldwide, also on Omni 2 in Canada. Coming from poor families, Aurora and Eric used to dream of having a life together. However, for material gain, Eric gave up his love for Aurora and pursued Giselle, later on, Aurora got married to Jimmy, Erics best friend. Eric, on the hand, regretted marrying Giselle because her family just treated him like a puppet in their company. Prince is the son of Eric with Giselle, while Ella is the daughter of Aurora with Jimmy, although their families are mortal enemies, they become childhood friends. But they become separated when Prince leaves for the city and they cross paths once again at Pelaezs farm and they didnt know that they were childhood friend because Prince is now an arrogant and egotistical teen. Until, they became bestfriends for the summer break. Actually, Ella said that they become best friends forever. They will separate again because Prince will study at St. Patricks Academy in Manila and Ella is just studying at their province, Ella is listening in the radio and then she plan to join the contest and the prize is scholarship grant to study at one private school. Ella is so happy because she won at that contest and finally she will now study at one private school, will their paths will cross again. Or it is the ending of their friendship, when Ella studied at the St. Princes mom didnt want to without a deal so Giselle told Prince that she can only give money for Ellas surgery in exchange for giving up their friendship. After the surgery, Ella became suspicious of Princes actions of avoiding her until it reaches at the point of their beach excursion when she found out his motive of avoiding her. The Pelaez divided by itself which caused Prince to run away from home, back at San Bartolome, the farmers that are working at the Pelaez Pineapple Plantation are poisoned. It is due to Hans Pillergos decision to use substandard pesticide to get more money illegally and he ran away and the Pelaez are being blamed for the incident
7. Startalk (Philippine TV series) – Startalk, stylized as Startalk, The Only Showbiz Authority and formerly Startalk TX was a weekly entertainment news and talk show in the Philippines. After 2 decades of bringing showbiz-oriented commentary news, the officially ended on September 12,2015. The show will be replaced by the new comedy-oriented talk show CelebriTV a week later, September 19 and its original hosts of the show were Boy Abunda, Kris Aquino and Lolit Solis. During the shows second year, it gained significant loyal following. Unfortunately, Zulueta didnt last long and so she left the show in 1997 for her marriage to Davao businessman Anton Lagdameo. With this, Sexy star Rosanna Roces was named as the new host as the permanent replacement of Zulueta and immediately blended with Abunda, aside from Rosanna, Startalk also gave a big break to a trio of newcomers anonymously known as Steve, Fayatollah and Pepita. The new loud segment hosts handled Startalks tabloid segment T, the Tigbak Authority where they criticize the senseless headlines printed on tabloid and the fashion statements of the movie/TV stars during awards night. Fayatollah later on became a fixture in other GMA shows while Pepita posed for FHM magazine last August 2003. Steve has become the regular voice-over of the show since his inclusion, on June 6,1998, the GMA management decided to move Startalk to an early Saturday afternoon slot right after the noontime show Eat Bulaga. Always brimming with energy, Magalona was given the task of turning over for a smooth transition the concluding portion of Eat Bulaga. ’s Saturday edition to Startalk. The Startalk hosts would pick it up there and the mainstays of both shows exchange on-air banter for a couple of minutes, punctuated with a lot of friendly jeers, private jokes. After Magalona died on March 6,2009, the Eat Bulaga, the move was due to the reason that it never gained headway against its rival show Showbiz Lingo. The move favored Boy, Lolit, Osang and the staff of Startalk since they can dish out more exclusive showbiz news earlier in the weekend, the shows popularity rose to new heights as new portions such as Da Who and Startalk True Stories were introduced. Solis also earned a portion entitled Alok Bati suitable for her never-ending greetings, Startalk reigned in the Saturday afternoon ratings where drama shows from ABS-CBN used to dominate the slot. Former Showbiz Lingo host Butch Francisco replaced Abunda in the show, boys farewell from Startalk left Lolit Solis as the sole pioneer host from the show. The shows ratings slightly suffered after Boy left the show, however, the quality of the shows entertainment news content and no-nonsense reporting became the main attraction among the viewers, regardless of the hosting changes. Startalk also pioneered the no-nonsense segment, Walang Takot Sasabihin, where the show speaks out its opinion about the weeks biggest showbiz news and it usually starts by giving a blow-by-blow account on what really happened, and why did it happen. At the end of the segment, the show gives an unsolicited advise to the involved in the controversy
8. 24 Oras Ilokano – 24 Oras Ilokano, formerly Balitang Ilokano, was the regional news broadcast of GMA Network in the Ilocos Region. The program delivers news and current events coming from the Ilocos provinces and it is initially aired live weekdays from GMA Ilocos studios in San Vicente, Ilocos Sur and was simulcasted on TV-5 Ilocos Norte and TV-7 Abra. Premiered on June 25,2012, the newscast began its airing weeks after the launch of GMA Ilocos, former Balitang Amianan anchor Jorge Guerrero returned to his hometown in Ilocos just to anchor the said news program. Following the changes on its now-main newscast 24 Oras, Balitang Ilokano was rebranded as 24 Oras Ilokano since November 10,2014. The newscast, suddenly got cancelled after more than two and a years of broadcast due to the strategic streamlining happened to all provincial stations of the network. Following the cancellation was the retrenchment of its staff and personalities and the closure of the networks regional news department
9. 24 Oras Northern Mindanao – 24 Oras Northern Mindanao, formerly Testigo Northern Mindanao, was the regional news broadcast of GMA Network in the Northern Mindanao region. It premiered on February 5,2013, the program delivered news and current events coming from Northern Mindanao, Caraga and parts of Zamboanga Peninsula. It airs live weekdays from GMA Northern Mindanao studios and was simulcasted on TV-12 Bukidnon, TV-5 Ozamis, TV-4 Dipolog. Testigo Northern Mindanao was premiered on February 5,2013 after the launch of GMA Northern Mindanao originating station, Ragpala was later joined by reporter Joe Legaspina as his co-anchor. Before the year 2013 ends, Ragpala left the newscast leaving Legaspina as the sole anchor. This was also the first time that a regional newscast with the name in Davao City had spun off into another regional newscast for Cagayan de Oro. Following changes of its now-main newscast 24 Oras, Testigo Northern Mindanao was rebranded as 24 Oras Northern Mindanao effective November 10,2014, following the cancellation was the retrenchment of its staff and personalities and the closure of the networks regional news department