Category:Albums produced by Jeff Bhasker
Albums produced by Jeff Bhasker.
Pages in category "Albums produced by Jeff Bhasker"
The following 44 pages are in this category, out of 44 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
Albums produced by Jeff Bhasker.
The following 44 pages are in this category, out of 44 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. 5 * Stunna – 5 * Stunna is the third studio album by American rapper Birdman. It was released on December 11,2007, by Cash Money Records, the album includes the productions from Kane Beatz, T-Mix, Cool & Dre, Young Yonny, DJ Tone, The Fliptones, Tommy Gunnz, Steve Morales and Raymond Sarom Diaz, among others. Rapper Lil Wayne has featured 7 out of 22 tracks throughout the whole album, the album debuted at number 18 on the US Billboard 200, selling 80,000 copies in the first week. To date, the album has sold 372,000 copies in the United States, the album was first rumored to be titled as 5 Star General, however, the title of the album was later changed into 5 Star Stunna. His official debut single for his album, titled Pop Bottles was released on June 15,2007. The song features guest vocals from his frequent collaborator and fellow rapper Lil Wayne, while it was produced by Raymond Sarom Diaz, the albums second single, titled 100 Million was released on November 23,2007. Lil Wayne also featured on track, alongside with these fellow rappers Young Jeezy and Rick Ross. The song was produced by the production duo Cool & Dre, the albums third single, I Run This was released on May 14,2008. For the third time, Lil Wayne was featured on track, while it was produced by T-Mix. The rappers asked him to record some Italian-styled spoken word recordings in 2006, the lyrics were allegedly used on Respect, and other tracks from the rappers collaboration album Like Father, Like Son
2. 808s & Heartbreak – 808s & Heartbreak is the fourth studio album by American recording artist Kanye West. It was released on November 24,2008, by Roc-A-Fella Records, West recorded the album during September and October 2008 at Glenwood Studios in Burbank, California and Avex Recording Studio in Honolulu, Hawaii, with the help of producers No I. D. 808s & Heartbreak debuted at one on the Billboard 200. Despite varying responses from listeners, the received positive reviews from most critics and was named one of 2008s best records in several year-end lists. Four singles were released to promote the record, including the hit singles Love Lockdown, by 2013, it had sold 1.7 million copies in the United States. Following the release of his studio album Graduation, the remainder of 2007. On November 10,2007, Wests mother Donda West died due to complications arising following cosmetic surgery involving a tummy tuck, months later, West and fiancée Alexis Phifer ended their engagement and their long-term intermittent relationship, which had begun in 2002. At the same time, West struggled to adapt to his pop star status he had once striven to achieve. The loss, loneliness and longing for companionship and a sense of normality served to inspire 808s & Heartbreak, West stated that This album was therapeutic – its lonely at the top. A photograph taken by Danny Clinch of West kissing his mother on the cheek was included in the booklet liner notes. West felt that his emotions could not be expressed simply through rapping. There were melodies that were in me, he explained, what was in me I couldnt stop. Either call it pop or pop art, either one Im good with, the album was recorded over a span of approximately three weeks from September to October 2008. Recording sessions took place at Glenwood Studios in Burbank, California and at Avex Recording Studio in Honolulu, as implied by its title, 808s & Heartbreak prominently features the Roland TR-808 drum machine. West utilized the sounds created by the 808 and manipulated its pitch to produce a distorted, electronic sound and he felt the characteristic of the sound was representative of his state of mind. According to West, the fact that Hawaiis area code was 808 was coincidental, the realization inspired him to pursue his direction with the album, however. In terms of direction, Wests intentions, according to Mike Dean, were to go against the typical sound of hip hop beat. Overall, West maintained a minimal but functional approach towards the studio production
3. Anti (album) – Anti is the eighth studio album by Barbadian singer Rihanna. It was released on January 28,2016, through Westbury Road, the singer began planning the record in 2014, at which time she left her previous label Def Jam and joined Roc Nation. Work continued into 2015, during which she released three singles including FourFiveSeconds, which reached the top 10 in several markets, they were removed from the final track listing. Anti was made available for digital download on January 28 through Tidal and was released to online music stores for paid purchase on January 29. The efforts resulted in a departure from Rihannas previous dance and club genres and created a primarily pop and R&B album, with elements of dancehall. The producers incorporated dark, sparsely layered, minimalist song structures, with most of Antis lyrics dealing with the complexities of romantic love, the album was released to positive reviews from music critics and numerous publications included it on their lists of the best albums of 2016. To further promote the album, Rihanna embarked on the Anti World Tour in 2016, in November 2012, Rihanna released her seventh studio album, Unapologetic. To further promote it, in 2013, Rihanna embarked on her concert tour. When it concluded, the decided to take a step back from music. Instead, she opted to part in other endeavors and lent her voice in the 3D animated film Home, alongside Jim Parsons, Steve Martin. In advance she also served as a producer for the accompanying soundtrack which was released in early 2015. Later that month it was announced that Rihanna had acquired a $25 million contract with Samsung, the deal would see Rihanna promoting Samsungs Galaxy line of products while the brand would sponsor the release of Anti and its supporting tour. The span gap between Rihannas last studio album, Unapologetic and Anti is the longest wait between records in her music career, on October 8,2014, she posted a picture of herself in the studio, working on the album. During the initial writing and development of the album, Rihanna recording a vast amount of songs that were up-tempo, following the albums initially recording Rihanna became bored with pop music stating that she gravitated towards music that was honest and represented her at that time. Rihanna also recognised that the music she was recording might not be some record that will be Top 40. American singer Ne-Yo, and also her frequent collaborator, in an interview with Capital Xtra on November 11, regarding Anti said, I cant speak on what it sounds like because Ill get in trouble. But I definitely feel like people are gonna enjoy it, anybody thats a Rihanna fan is gonna stay a Rihanna fan, and anybody thats not might become a Rihanna fan. On November 19,2014, while on the red carpet for the premiere of director Andrew Jenks documentary, Its Not Over, Rihanna told Entertainment Tonight, that her album should come out very soon
4. At. Long. Last. ASAP – ASAP is the second studio album by American rapper ASAP Rocky. It was released on May 26,2015, by A$AP Worldwide, Polo Grounds Music, the record serves as a sequel from Rockys previous studio effort Long. In 2013, the sessions first took place, during a release of Long. The album features guest appearances from Joe Fox, Future, Schoolboy Q, Kanye West, Rod Stewart and A-Cyde, the album was supported by three singles, Lord Pretty Flacko Jodye 2, Everyday featuring Rod Stewart, Miguel and Mark Ronson, and L$D. On March 16,2014, announcements were made for two releases, including their first instrumental mixtape, Beauty and the Beast, Slowed Down Sessions, ASAP Rocky revealed that he had been working on his second album. On October 2,2014, Rocky announced that he signed a contract for representation with William Morris Endeavor. On January 18,2015, ASAP Rockys mentor and business partner ASAP Yams died at the age of 26, which greatly affected the albums development. After performing at the 2015s South by Southwest festival, ASAP Rocky revealed to Billboard, on March 26,2015, in an interview with GQ, Rocky deciphered the albums title, Im claiming ownership of my legacy. Its the return of the god MC, Im named after Rakim, and Im finally facing what it means, I was born to do this shit. And I hope I get to do it for a long time. Upon the release of the song Ms, Rocky revealed that he had worked with fellow New York rapper Mos Def. Hector Delgado and Rocky say that they met Joe Fox while roaming the streets of London, England, I was at Dean’s Studio until 4 a. m. I came outside and we waiting for our Uber to go to Starbucks and this kid comes with his guitar and stuff. He was out there playing and stuff and he comes, ” Rocky explained of his first encounter with Fox, “It was about 4 a. m. so there’s nobody in the streets. He tried to give me a CD and shit, I was like, ‘I’m not about to listen to that, man. You got your guitar. ’ He played it and I was just like, Come on let’s go. ’ That’s where it started. On October 2,2014, ASAP Yams and ASAP Rocky posted links to their website FlackoJodyeSeason. com, on October 3, Rocky released the albums promotional single, Multiply featuring Memphis-based rapper Juicy J. The song was accompanying by the video, which was officially released at midnight on the website
5. The Blueprint 3 – The Blueprint 3 is the eleventh studio album by American rapper Jay Z, released September 8,2009, on Roc Nation, through distribution from Atlantic Records. It is the installment in The Blueprint trilogy, preceded by The Blueprint and The Blueprint2. Production for the album took place during 2008 to 2009 at several recording studios and was handled by Kanye West, the Neptunes, Jeff Bhasker, Al Shux, Jerome J-Roc Harmon, The Inkredibles, Swizz Beatz, and Timbaland. This is the album in the Blueprint trilogy, as well as the first album since Vol.3. Life and Times of S. Carter, not to feature production from Just Blaze, the album debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart, selling 476,000 copies in its first week. It became Jay-Zs eleventh US number-one album, breaking the record he had shared with Elvis Presley. Upon its release, The Blueprint 3 received generally positive reviews music critics. The earliest hype over The Blueprint 3 came when DJ Clue released in January 2008 a mixtape song called Aint I, in the intro, Clue says, Off that Blueprint 3 baby. However, a spokesperson for Jay-Z said that it was an old, unreleased song, on July 20, Timbaland, a frequent contributor to previous Jay-Z albums, told MTV News that he would be producing the whole album. But in an interview with the Rolling Stone magazine, Jay-Z called the statement premature, in July 2009, Jay-Z confirmed The Blueprint 3 as the albums title during an interview with radio station Shade 45. By November 2008, he had finished the album but with lengthy negotiations with Def Jam, in January 2009, Jay-Z confirmed continued production of the album and admitted the leak of several songs. He also mentioned in an interview with DJ Semtex that his song on the album is Empire State of Mind. The official track list for Blueprint 3 was revealed on August 18, confirming the guest appearances from Kanye West, Rihanna, Drake, Kid Cudi, Young Jeezy, J. Cole, Alicia Keys, and more. )The cover consists of a large amount of all-white instruments and recording tools stacked in a corner, with three red lines across the image. Rather than simply using photoshop, the design team carefully stacked all the equipment in a corner then used a projector to create the bars. They then painted red onto the equipment where the projection of the bars was, Blueprint 3 would be Jay-Zs first album cover that did not feature his face on it. Most of the recording sessions took place in Hawaii at Avex Honolulu Studio. Wests protégé Mr Hudson explained to The Times that he wont get bothered there compared to a city such as New York or Los Angeles. I let the music dictate the direction, however, the final track listing reveals, that West produced the majority of tracks on the album, and three done by Timbaland
6. Born to Die – Born to Die is the second studio album by American singer and songwriter Lana Del Rey. Her major label debut, it was released on January 27,2012 by Interscope Records, Polydor Records and Stranger Records. Del Rey collaborated with producers including Patrik Berger, Jeff Bhasker, Chris Braide, Emile Haynie, Justin Parker, Rick Nowels, Robopop and their efforts resulted in a primarily baroque pop record, which sees additional influences from alternative hip hop, indie pop and trip hop music. Contemporary music critics gave Born to Die mixed reviews, some commended its production, while its repetitiveness. Born to Die reached the positions on eleven international record charts. The Cedric Gervais remix of Summertime Sadness was released on July 11,2013 and became Del Reys highest-charting single in the United States, Del Rey additionally promoted Born to Die with several televised performances, including a widely criticized appearance on Saturday Night Live. It was reissued on November 9,2012 as an expanded version subtitled The Paradise Edition, Born to Die has sold 7,000,000 copies worldwide as of June 2014. In 2007, Elizabeth Lizzy Grant signed a contract with the independent record label 5 Point Records. The final product Lana Del Ray was digitally released in January 2010, Grant was successfully bought out of her recording contract upon the request of her manager, consequently, Lana Del Ray was pulled out of circulation before physical versions were produced. After settling with her current stage name, Del Rey signed a contract with Stranger Records in June 2011. Initially, she had released the song because it was her favorite and had no intentions of releasing it as a single, during an appearance on the French television series Taratata in November 2011, Del Rey announced that her second studio album would be titled Born to Die. The cover for Born to Die was photographed by Nicole Nodland, while Del Rey and David Bowden oversaw the overall direction for its packaging. In regards to the use of her vocals on the tracks, she stated that people werent taking me very seriously, so I lowered my voice. The singers first singles, Video Games and Born to Die were described variously as quasi-cabaret balladry, woozy and sometimes soporific soundtrack soul and her own description of her music is Hollywood sadcore. You didnt hear it from us, right, Del Rey has once been described as a gangsta Nancy Sinatra, though she cites Britney Spears, Elvis Presley and Antony and the Johnsons as her musical influences. When asked about her style, the singer stated, I would have loved to be part of the indie community. I was looking for a community, I dont even know any people who are musicians, I never met that indie popular indie, whoever the fuck that is. First of all, I cant really get my head around what indie music is, because if youve heard of it, its sort of pop music, right
7. Born to Die: The Paradise Edition – Born to Die, The Paradise Edition is the reissue of American singer and songwriter Lana Del Reys second studio album Born to Die. It was released on November 9,2012 by Interscope Records, released ten months after the original, The Paradise Edition features eight newly recorded tracks, which were simultaneously made available on the standalone extended play Paradise. Although having worked with producers for each record, Emile Haynie. The Paradise Edition performed moderately on record charts in Europe. Del Rey released her studio album and major-label debut Born to Die in January 2012 by Interscope Records, Polydor Records. It debuted at two on the U. S. The final product was first released on November 9 in Australia, the Paradise Edition was packaged as a two-disc product in its physical variation, while a digital version was serviced to online music stores. The newly recorded material was made available on the standalone extended play Paradise. The Paradise Edition was released in vinyl record packaging on November 20, it came with the vinyl for Paradise, the newly recorded material employs more profane language than the original record, particularly with descriptions of sexual encounters. Blue Velvet is a version of the 1950s track written by Bernie Wayne and Lee Moris. According to Williott, the eighth and final track Bel Air is a waltz that notably employs a forest nymph chant during its refrain. The song respectively peaked at numbers 21 and 26 on the U. S. Billboard Rock Songs and Adult Alternative Songs component charts, and performed sporadically across international singles charts. After The Paradise Edition was released, Dark Paradise was serviced as the single from Born to Die on March 1,2013. Having charted separately from Born to Die and Paradise throughout much of Europe and it charted at number four on the Polish Albums Chart, and respectively reached numbers 6 and 15 on the Belgian Ultratop charts in Flanders and Wallonia. The project peaked at number 15 on the Dutch MegaCharts, although a specific charting position was not released, The Paradise Edition was certified gold by the Syndicat National de lÉdition Phonographique in France. In Oceania, it reached number 17 on the Australian ARIA Charts, the project also reached number six on the Official New Zealand Music Chart, where it was eventually certified platinum. Credits adapted from the notes of Born to Die, The Paradise Edition. Notes ^ signifies a co-producer ^ signifies a producer ^ signifies an additional producer ^ signifies a remixer Credits adapted from the liner notes of Born to Die