Category:Albums produced by Jeff Bhasker
Albums produced by Jeff Bhasker.
Pages in category "Albums produced by Jeff Bhasker"
The following 44 pages are in this category, out of 44 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
Albums produced by Jeff Bhasker.
The following 44 pages are in this category, out of 44 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. 808s & Heartbreak – 808s & Heartbreak is the fourth studio album by American recording artist Kanye West. It was released on November 24,2008, by Roc-A-Fella Records, West recorded the album during September and October 2008 at Glenwood Studios in Burbank, California and Avex Recording Studio in Honolulu, Hawaii, with the help of producers No I. D. 808s & Heartbreak debuted at one on the Billboard 200. Despite varying responses from listeners, the received positive reviews from most critics and was named one of 2008s best records in several year-end lists. Four singles were released to promote the record, including the hit singles Love Lockdown, by 2013, it had sold 1.7 million copies in the United States. Following the release of his studio album Graduation, the remainder of 2007. On November 10,2007, Wests mother Donda West died due to complications arising following cosmetic surgery involving a tummy tuck, months later, West and fiancée Alexis Phifer ended their engagement and their long-term intermittent relationship, which had begun in 2002. At the same time, West struggled to adapt to his pop star status he had once striven to achieve. The loss, loneliness and longing for companionship and a sense of normality served to inspire 808s & Heartbreak, West stated that This album was therapeutic – its lonely at the top. A photograph taken by Danny Clinch of West kissing his mother on the cheek was included in the booklet liner notes. West felt that his emotions could not be expressed simply through rapping. There were melodies that were in me, he explained, what was in me I couldnt stop. Either call it pop or pop art, either one Im good with, the album was recorded over a span of approximately three weeks from September to October 2008. Recording sessions took place at Glenwood Studios in Burbank, California and at Avex Recording Studio in Honolulu, as implied by its title, 808s & Heartbreak prominently features the Roland TR-808 drum machine. West utilized the sounds created by the 808 and manipulated its pitch to produce a distorted, electronic sound and he felt the characteristic of the sound was representative of his state of mind. According to West, the fact that Hawaiis area code was 808 was coincidental, the realization inspired him to pursue his direction with the album, however. In terms of direction, Wests intentions, according to Mike Dean, were to go against the typical sound of hip hop beat. Overall, West maintained a minimal but functional approach towards the studio production
2. Anti (album) – Anti is the eighth studio album by Barbadian singer Rihanna. It was released on January 28,2016, through Westbury Road, the singer began planning the record in 2014, at which time she left her previous label Def Jam and joined Roc Nation. Work continued into 2015, during which she released three singles including FourFiveSeconds, which reached the top 10 in several markets, they were removed from the final track listing. Anti was made available for digital download on January 28 through Tidal and was released to online music stores for paid purchase on January 29. The efforts resulted in a departure from Rihannas previous dance and club genres and created a primarily pop and R&B album, with elements of dancehall. The producers incorporated dark, sparsely layered, minimalist song structures, with most of Antis lyrics dealing with the complexities of romantic love, the album was released to positive reviews from music critics and numerous publications included it on their lists of the best albums of 2016. To further promote the album, Rihanna embarked on the Anti World Tour in 2016, in November 2012, Rihanna released her seventh studio album, Unapologetic. To further promote it, in 2013, Rihanna embarked on her concert tour. When it concluded, the decided to take a step back from music. Instead, she opted to part in other endeavors and lent her voice in the 3D animated film Home, alongside Jim Parsons, Steve Martin. In advance she also served as a producer for the accompanying soundtrack which was released in early 2015. Later that month it was announced that Rihanna had acquired a $25 million contract with Samsung, the deal would see Rihanna promoting Samsungs Galaxy line of products while the brand would sponsor the release of Anti and its supporting tour. The span gap between Rihannas last studio album, Unapologetic and Anti is the longest wait between records in her music career, on October 8,2014, she posted a picture of herself in the studio, working on the album. During the initial writing and development of the album, Rihanna recording a vast amount of songs that were up-tempo, following the albums initially recording Rihanna became bored with pop music stating that she gravitated towards music that was honest and represented her at that time. Rihanna also recognised that the music she was recording might not be some record that will be Top 40. American singer Ne-Yo, and also her frequent collaborator, in an interview with Capital Xtra on November 11, regarding Anti said, I cant speak on what it sounds like because Ill get in trouble. But I definitely feel like people are gonna enjoy it, anybody thats a Rihanna fan is gonna stay a Rihanna fan, and anybody thats not might become a Rihanna fan. On November 19,2014, while on the red carpet for the premiere of director Andrew Jenks documentary, Its Not Over, Rihanna told Entertainment Tonight, that her album should come out very soon
3. Human (Brandy album) – Human is the fifth studio album by American singer Brandy, first released in France in December 2008 and by March 2009 in most international music markets. With a domestic total of 214,000 copies, it widely failed to revive the success of its predecessors. In mid-2009 during the sessions for Norwoods second album with Epic Records. This was followed by the termination of her contract with Epic, disappointed by its performance, Norwood later expressed her dislike of the album itself. Despite the negative publicity, Afrodisiac emerged as Norwoods most critically acclaimed album by then, at the end of 2004, after eleven years with the company, Norwood asked for and received an unconditional release from her original label Atlantic Records. Completing her contract with Atlantic Records, an album compiling her first four studio albums with the company. Norwood began recording the album in 2005, the duo produced several songs for Norwood, including both Honey and Sweet Nothings, all of which were penned by frequent collaborator Kenisha Pratt. Over the following months, Norwood continued recording contract-free with a vast of producers such as Rockwilder, supposed to produce her whole album at the time, they worked on a number of ballads and midtempo songs reminiscent of their other productions, including a song called Cry. In June 2006, Cox announced that he would serve as the executive producer. In December 2006, Norwood was involved in an automobile accident on Los Angeles San Diego Freeway. The accident claimed the life of the 38-year-old driver of a Toyota that was struck by Norwoods Range Rover, Norwood was neither arrested nor charged with vehicular manslaughter due to insufficient evidence. Nevertheless, multiple lawsuits were filed against Norwood, all of which were settled out of court by her civil attorney. Posing an extraordinary hardship for Brandy and her family, Norwood stepped down from her role as a judge on the season of the amateur talent contest Americas Got Talent and went into hiatus. Expanding on dealing with the aftermath of the tragedy, Norwood explained and its not something that should be talked about like its gossip. But dont use this situation to try to hurt me, because the guilt of being involved is enough and its something that Ill never truly, truly get over. While the accident put a halt on the production, Norwood soon resumed recording which she found to be therapeutical, I had to face it. Connecting back with music has helped me through everything. Once I got back in the studio, the butterflies went away, together, they crafted a bunch of new songs, including Freedom, One Thing and Today which Norwood later described as sounding more true to the sound that she had initially envisioned for the album
4. Man on the Moon: The End of Day – Man on the Moon, The End of Day is the debut studio album by American hip hop recording artist Kid Cudi, released on September 15,2009, by Dream On, GOOD Music and Universal Motown. A concept album, narrated by fellow American rapper Common, it follows the release of his first mixtape A Kid Named Cudi. Production for the album took place during 2007 to 2009 and was handled by several producers, including Cudi, Kanye West, Emile Haynie, Plain Pat. Dot da Genius and Jeff Bhasker, among others, Man on the Moon, The End of Day spawned three singles—Day n Nite, Make Her Say and Pursuit of Happiness—that attained chart success, the former of which became a US platinum-certified hit single. To further promote the album, he toured with Asher Roth and Lady Gaga, Man on the Moon, The End of Day received generally positive reviews from critics, who praised it for its music composition and different approach to being a hip-hop record. Aside from being included on critics list of the best albums of the year, Man on the Moon, The End of Day received three Grammy Awards nominations. The album debuted at four on both the Billboard 200 and Billboards Top Rap Albums chart, selling 104,000 copies in its first week of release in the United States. It later became certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of America, outside of the US, the album was less commercially successful, generally peaking outside of the top fifty positions of album charts. According to AllMusic, soon after it was announced that Cudi would release this album it became deep in the category of much anticipated and he said that without those song successes Man on the Moon, The End of Day would not have been picked up by any major labels. Cudi, who became Wests protege and collaborator, hoped Man on the Moon, The End of Day would show people that he had his own voice and set him apart. The record was originally titled Man on the Moon, The Guardians, Performance artist Andy Kaufman partly inspired the new title. He planned for this record to be the first in a trilogy, with the edition being entitled The Ghost. Before the success of Day n Nite, the rapper had said that he would never try to mix politics or jocular things in with his lyrical content. After realizing the power of his voice he then decided to make important and unique songs, focusing on the message, rather than just creating inane music. He said his mode of operation at time was just, Hey, Im making these cool sounding songs and I have little messages in them. I dont speak like a nerdy guy, I speak like a regular dude. He wrote Day n Nite after the death of his uncle, the two were not on speaking terms after his uncle forced him out of his home before Cudi could find another living situation. A bitter Cudi never apologized to him before his death, which he now regrets, other songs on the album expand upon themes discussed in that single
5. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy – My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is the fifth studio album by American hip hop rapper and producer Kanye West. Following a period of public and legal controversy, West retreated to an exile in Hawaii in 2009. There, he worked on the album in a communal recording environment that involved numerous contributing musicians, the album features guest appearances from Bon Iver, Jay Z, Pusha T, Rick Ross, Kid Cudi, Nicki Minaj, John Legend and more. Production is led by West himself, alongside a variety of record producers including Mike Dean. Jeff Bhasker, RZA, S1, Bink and DJ Frank E, the album deals with themes of excess and celebrity, and explores such issues as consumer culture, race, and the idealism of the American Dream. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was released on November 22,2010, to promote the album, West released free songs through his GOOD Fridays series and four singles, the Billboard hits Power, Monster, and Runaway, and the international hit All of the Lights. It was also promoted with a film set to the records music. The album debuted at one on the Billboard 200 and eventually sold 1,032,000 copies in the United States. A widespread critical success, it was named the best record of 2010 by many publications and has appeared on several lists ranking the greatest albums of all time. The album was conceived during Wests self-imposed exile in Oahu, Hawaii, following a period of legal and public image controversy amid an overworked mental state. West later said that his fatigue from overworking led to his controversial outburst at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, his disgust with its ensuing media response and it was formerly known as Good Ass Job and tentatively Dark Twisted Fantasy. GOOD Music artist Big Sean was the second to announce the title of the album as Good Ass Job, on July 24,2010, on Kanye Wests blog, a banner appeared reading My Dark Twisted Fantasy Trailer. On July 28,2010, West announced via his new official Twitter account that The album is no longer called Good Ass Job Im bouncing a couple of titles around now, the official title, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, was announced on October 5,2010. It was reported that West spent over $3 million in expenses from his record label Def Jam on the recording. Drake, Common, Jay-Z, Eminem, Lil Wayne, John Legend, Fergie, Rihanna, The-Dream, Ryan Leslie, Elton John, Justin Vernon, Seal, Beyoncé, Kid Cudi, Mos Def, Santigold, Alicia Keys, Elly Jackson, and Tony Williams. Record producers who participated in the sessions with West included Q-Tip, RZA, DJ Premier, Madlib, Madlib said he made five beats for the album, while DJ Premier said his beats were ultimately discarded. West, who had recorded at Avex for 808s & Heartbreak. According to Noah Callahan-Bever, who visited West during the recording sessions and he heads to another studio room to make progress on another song
6. Watch the Throne – Watch the Throne is a collaborative studio album by American rappers Jay Z and Kanye West, released on August 8,2011, by Roc-A-Fella Records, Roc Nation, and Def Jam Recordings. Before the album, Jay Z and West had collaborated on their respective singles, as longtime friends, they originally sought out to record a five-song EP together, but the project eventually evolved into a full-length album. Recording sessions took place at locations and began in November 2010. Production on the album was led by West himself, alongside a variety of record producers including Mike Dean, Swizz Beatz, Sak Pase, Jeff Bhasker, The Neptunes. Jay-Z and Wests braggadocio lyrics exhibit themes of opulence, fame, materialism, power, the album expresses other topics such as Jay-Zs thoughts on fatherhood, Wests reflection on being deemed a social villain, and their legacy as performers. Music writers interpreted the subject matter to concern the rappers plight as African Americans struggling with financial success in America. The album produced seven singles, including H•A•M, Otis, Lift Off, No Church in the Wild, and the Billboard Hot 100 top five Niggas in Paris, which all received music videos. Jay-Z and West promoted the album with the Watch the Throne Tour that spanned October 2011 to June 2012, Watch the Throne debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart, selling 436,000 copies its first week. While some critics found the lyrical content uninspiring, its production. Many critics and publications placed the album in their year-end best-of lists and it also earned Jay-Z and West seven Grammy Award nominations. The album is certified platinum in the US, Wests early production work on Jay-Zs music helped raise his profile in the music industry. While originally only viewed as a producer, West eventually was seen as both a viable rapper and producer thanks to the success of his debut album The College Dropout, West continued to be one of Jay-Zs main producers on subsequent albums such as The Black Album and Kingdom Come. Jay-Z appeared on Kanyes first two albums as well, and the two frequently collaborated, during the promotional stages of Wests My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, a remix of the song Power surfaced featuring Jay-Z. Following this, West announced on Twitter his intention to drop a five-track EP with Jay-Z, also according to the rapper, the track Monster was intended for the EP, though that failed to surface. It was later revealed by West that the project had expanded into a full-length album in an October 2010 interview for MTV. He said in the interview that they planned to record in the south of France, production began in November 2010 in England and continued during available times in Jay-Zs and Wests schedules at locations in Australia, Paris, Abu Dhabi, New York City, and Los Angeles. He noted difficulties in the process, including arguments with West regarding their direction. Following the release of single, H•A•M in January 2011
7. The Marshall Mathers LP 2 – The Marshall Mathers LP2 is the eighth studio album by American rapper Eminem. Aftermath Entertainment, Shady Records, and Interscope Records released the album on November 5,2013 and it serves as a sequel to The Marshall Mathers LP. The Marshall Mathers LP2 features guest appearances from singers Skylar Grey, Rihanna, Nate Ruess and it was followed by two more singles, Survival and Rap God. The former debuted at number 17 on the Billboard Hot 100, the Monster featuring Rihanna, was released as the albums fourth single on October 29,2013. It went number one in countries and was certified triple platinum in the United States. The albums fifth single, Headlights featuring Ruess, was released on February 5,2014, the Marshall Mathers LP2 received positive reviews from music critics, who praised Eminems technical rapping abilities and production choices. The album marked an improvement in reception over some of Eminems more recent albums and it also debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 and was the second-best selling album sales of 2013. As of early 2014, the album has sold 3.8 million copies worldwide, the album won the Grammy Award for Best Rap Album at the 57th Grammy Awards. On May 24,2012, Eminem revealed that he has been working on his next album, on June 30,2012, Eminem talked about the album with DJ Whoo Kid, on his own radio station, Shade 45. He stated that the material was taking shape, and that Dr. Dre will be involved in some way, Eminem explained, I usually get going and kind of start going a certain direction and just record what Im feeling. Then Ill go see Dre and fill in some of those pieces, on August 1,2012, Nick Craig interviewed Eminem on Channel 95. Now Ive got time to be able to start doing things for my own project, royce da 59 appeared on MTVs RapFix, hosted by Calloway, with his group Slaughterhouse, on August 30,2012, and talked about Eminems album. Royce confessed, Marshall is the right now, laying the most awesome lyrics in the world. Im not so sure how the world is going to respond from some of the things that Ive heard from him, on February 8,2013, Shady Records president and Eminems manager Paul Rosenberg told Billboard that Eminems eighth studio album would be released after Memorial Day,2013. We fully expect to be releasing a new Eminem album in 2013, Hes been working on it for some time, said Rosenberg. Its safe to say that it will be post-Memorial Day at some point, weve got some dates locked in for him to perform live in Europe in August, so were trying to see what else lines up. On March 22,2013, during an interview with Power 106, Dr. Dre said that he was working with Eminem, and that Eminem was finishing up his project. On June 17,2013, Shady Records producer The Alchemist appeared on RapFix Live, I DJ for him and Im not at liberty to speak on much, but you know his caliber and what he does
8. Perfectionist (album) – Perfectionist is the debut studio album by English singer Teddy Sinclair under the name Natalia Kills. It was released on 1 April 2011 through will. i. am Music Group, Cherrytree Records, KonLive, despite having started out as an actress, Sinclair later became a rap artist and released a single in 2005, however, her label went bankrupt. Songwriting remained her principal activity until 2008, when she was signed by will. i. am, Sinclair worked with musicians including Fernando Garibay, Jeff Bhasker, and Martin Kierszenbaum, and created a concept album based on perfectionism. Its lyrical content contains references to love, sex, and money, complemented by a sonority rooted in synthpop, dance-pop, Perfectionist received mixed reviews from music critics, who asserted that the singers visual projects were superior to her music. Obtaining top 50 positions in some European countries, the album performed moderately on record charts. In the United Kingdom and United States, the set attained chiefly low positions, in the latter, the album spawned three singles—Mirrors, Wonderland and Free—which were generally successful in Europe and were accompanied by music videos. Mirrors managed to peak within the top 5 of the US Hot Dance Club Songs, in association with Guillaume Doubet, Kills produced a web series titled Love, Kills xx in order to promote the album, based on her secret thoughts and desires. Comprising 10 episodes, it features Sinclair seeking revenge and hurting men, Kills was introduced to singing and dancing at the age of 3, and until she was 12, she studied in the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art. Kills initially pursued a career, appearing in some TV series including All About Me and The Archers, however, in her hometown of Leeds. She subsequently entered various rap battles, for which she started writing lyrics, from there on, she began writing songs for artists and film soundtracks. Kills released her first single on 21 February 2005, titled Dont Play Nice, under the moniker Verbalicious and with label All Around the World and she was also recording for her debut studio album, then-scheduled for an Easter 2006 release. However, the label entered bankruptcy, causing her record deal to be dissolved, Kills continued to work in the music industry, mainly as a songwriter with the alias of Verbz. One of Kills demos, Shopaholic, was remixed by the Remix Artist Collective, after it was posted in American blogger Perez Hiltons blog, Kills MySpace received a high amount of views, and she reached the top of the social networks unsigned artists chart. While shopping, she was noticed by a man due to her clothing, and gave him her address, he subsequently introduced her to a DJ. In November 2008, she signed a contract with the record label. Kills started to prepare material for Perfectionist after establishing her record deal with will. i. am, during the recording sessions, Kills prominently worked with producers Jeff Bhasker, Fernando Garibay, the albums second executive producer Martin Kierszenbaum, and Theron The-Ron Feemster. Akon and Giorgio Tuinfort co-produced Mirrors in collaboration with Kierszenbaum, Bhasker was responsible for the entire albums songwriting and engineering, and mixed Zombie. Feemster and Tuinfort provided instrumentation, along with Zach Kasik, Carlos Keery-Fisher, more artists including Robert Horn and Tony Ugyal were commissioned for engineering
9. Red (Taylor Swift album) – Red is the fourth studio album by American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift. It was released on October 22,2012, by Big Machine Records, as the follow-up to her studio album. Red touches on Swifts signature themes of love and heartbreak, however, from a mature perspective while exploring other themes such as fame. The album features collaborations with producers and guest artists such as Gary Lightbody of Snow Patrol, Swift completed The Red Tour in support of the album on June 12,2014, which became the highest-grossing tour of all time by a country artist, grossing over $150 million. Red was well received by critics and earned Swift Grammy Award nominations for Best Country Album and Album of the Year and it debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart, giving Swift her third consecutive chart topper in the US. Its first week sales of 1.21 million was the third biggest debut in history for a female artist and it made music history for claiming the biggest first week sales of all time by a country act, the record previously held by Garth Brooks. Red is just the 18th album in United States history to one million copies in a single week. Worldwide, Red has sold 6 million copies as of August 2014 and it was Swifts third consecutive top-seller and the second best-seller overall across all genres despite being out only for two months. This makes the fourth time Swift has an album ranked in the top three sellers. Red has been certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America. All those emotions — spanning from intense love, intense frustration, jealousy, confusion, all of that — in my mind and you know, theres nothing in between. Theres nothing beige about any of those feelings, contrary to her previous self-written album Speak Now, Swift enlisted the help of several of her favorite songwriters. In an interview with MTV News, the revealed that the album is interesting because each song stands on its own. Its this patchwork quilt of different sounds and different emotions, and I dont think anything on the record sounds like We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together and she also previewed songs from the album on Good Morning America every Monday, beginning on September 24 until October 15. Swift performed on October 22 for the release, and the next day. According to the singer she had spent over two years with the process, writing and preparation for the album. Sarah Barlow shot the cover, which shows Swifts face. The standard and deluxe versions of the album were released on October 22,2012 in Italy, New Zealand, the United States, among others
10. The Documentary – The Documentary is the debut studio album by American rapper The Game. It was released on January 18,2005, by Aftermath Entertainment, G-Unit Records, the record serves as his major-label debut, which was preceded by the release of his independently-released debut of Untold Story. In 2001, after The Game was recovering from a shooting and he then was discovered by Dr. Dre, who he signed The Game to his Aftermath Entertainment label. The album includes the production from producers such as Dr. Dre, Kanye West, Scott Storch and Timbaland. The album features guest appearances from 50 Cent, Eminem, Nate Dogg and Faith Evans and this would be The Games only album on Aftermath and G-Unit Records, as he left the label after a feud began to occurred between him and fellow G-Unit label-mate 50 Cent. The Documentary debuted at one on the US Billboard 200. In March 2005, the Recording Industry Association of America certified the album two times platinum and sold five million copies worldwide, upon its release, The Documentary received generally positive reviews, with critics praising the albums production. Since the albums release, The Game has been credited as a force in reviving the West Coast hip hop scene. The record remains as The Games best-selling album to date, on June 16,2014, the sequel to the album was announced, called The Documentary 2, which was released on October 9,2015, followed by the release of The Documentary 2.5. While continuing the recording sessions on the album, he working with fellow rapper and record producer Kanye West on a song. However, the song were left on the cutting room floor, however, in the interview with Funkmaster Flex, The Game said that his status was never uncertain that he would be dropped from the label. The Game denied those claims, saying that 50 Cent only wrote two songs on the album, the Game recorded tracks based on his life experiences from his childhood to his success as a rapper. When asked about the album, he stated, I grew up in a boys home, when my album drops I will be 25 so thats 17 years I have been going through my struggle by myself. There are 17 tracks on my album and every track sheds light on a different situation I went through the last 17 years. The rapper commented on the albums perception before its release, saying, I know everybody was expecting gang-bang, 40-ounce, low-rider music, Im telling a real story, and maybe there are people out there who can relate to my experiences. Rolling Stone observed that every song has a hook and some immediate appeal. The Documentarys big budget production from hip hop producers was well received from critics. The first half of the album upbeat, gangsta boogie tracks with the other half relegating smoothed out R&B maneuvers