Category:American animated horror films
Pages in category "American animated horror films"
The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total, this list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total, this list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein – The Chipmunks are performing at a theme park called Majestic Movie Studios. While taking a break from their concert, the Chipmunks get lost and they find their way to the Frankensteins Castle attraction, where a real Dr. Victor Frankenstein is working on his monster. The monster is brought to life, and the doctor sends it in pursuit of the Chipmunks, in their escape, the monster retrieves Theodores dropped teddy bear. The monster follows the Chipmunks home and returns the bear to Theodore, the Chipmunks learn that the monster is truly good-hearted. Dave goes to the park to book a concert that night to celebrate the premiere of an anticipated film, Dr. Frankenstein tracks Frankie to the Chipmunks home, and, angered at the monsters benevolence, kidnaps Alvin. Simon, Theodore, and Frankie hurry back to the park to rescue Alvin, Dr. Frankenstein force feeds Alvin a potion and induces a powerful electrical shock. Alvin is released by Frankie, and after Simon swipes the doctors potions book, shortly after, the process Alvin underwent takes effect, transforming Alvin into a zany cartoon monster. Alvin escapes to the premiere, causing chaos and havoc in his path, using the potions book, Simon and Theodore mix an antidote using various food items from a buffet, and feed it to Alvin during his rampage. Alvin returns to normal, and the Chipmunks go to perform their concert, before the concert begins, Dr. Frankenstein attempts to transform Alvin back to his monster self, but is thwarted by Frankie, which leads to an explosion. After the smoke clears, Theodore introduces Frankie to the public, a DVD called Scare-riffic Double Feature, featuring only this film and Meet the Wolfman was released on September 4,2007. The Scare-riffic Double Feature DVD was re-released with a different cover on March 11,2008, Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein at the Internet Movie Database
2. Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman – It was released on VHS in 2000 and DVD in 2004 by Universal Studios Home Entertainment. A Scare-riffic Double Feature DVD featuring Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein, another Scare-riffic Double Feature DVD featuring Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein and this film was re-released on March 11,2008. The movie begins with Alvin having nightmares of meeting the Wolf Man, Simon and Dave conclude that Alvins been watching too many horror films at night. Alvin says that its because their new neighbor, Lawrence Talbot, creeps him out, Theodore is having trouble with Nathan, a bully, and wont go to the principal, who plans to retire due to Alvins daily mishaps, for help. However, Alvin sticks up for him and their school is rehearsing the play for the famous horror story Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson. To boost his self-esteem, they decide to have Theodore re-place the role, meanwhile, Alvin and Simon are out in search of proof of werewolves. Meanwhile, no one believes that Theodore is scary enough to play the role of Mr. Hyde. However, that all changes after he gets bit by a dog on his way home after giving a necklace as a gift to Eleanor. The next day at the rehearsal, Theodore does an extremely terrifying impression of Mr. Hyde, despite this triumph, Theodores personality continues to drastically change, becoming more vicious and mean. With their brother now a werewolf, Alvin and Simon search for a way to help Theodore, despite their best efforts, they find no solution. They eventually decide to take up some advice from known psychic Madame Raya and she says that Theodore is already close to the animal state and will turn into a werewolf soon enough. Simon and Alvin ask her if there is any way to cure him and she suggests knocking him with a silver cane while hes still a puppy before the next full moon when the transformation will be complete. Heeding this advice, Alvin breaks into Mr. Talbots home, however, as he runs away with it, he knocks into Dave. That night, Dave goes to see Mr. Talbot to apologize, however, during the conversation, the full moon rises and he transforms into a werewolf. Terrified, Dave runs to the school to warn the boys, however, he runs into a pole, knocking him unconscious. Having followed Dave to the school, Mr. Talbot makes his way inside, during the play, Theodore changes into a werewolf while on set and starts to attack Eleanor. However, after cornering her, the necklace Theodore gave her earlier shines by the moon, causing Theodore to remember his feelings towards her and to flee. Eleanor follows him, determined to help him, only to almost be attacked by Mr. Talbot, Theodore quickly defends her and attacks Mr. Talbot, biting him during the struggle
3. The Amazing Adventures of the Living Corpse – It is based on The Living Corpse Exhumed, a comic book by Ken Haeser and Buz Hasson. As a zombie apocalypse begins, a group of attack the residents in a house. When the family one of the zombies as a family member. Michael Villar as the Living Corpse The Amazing Adventures of the Living Corpse premiered at the 2012 San Diego Comic Con, four days later, it was picked up for distribution by Anchor Bay Entertainment. Director Ritter delayed the release of the several times so that he could fix issues with it. It was released on video on June 18,2013. Gordon Sullivan of DVD Verdict said, For most viewers the story isnt coherent enough to justify the low-tech animation, ryan Keefer of DVD Talk rated the film 2/5 stars and said, The corpses adventures are less amazing and more mundane. Todd Dugan of The Digital Bits rated it D− and said that he would not recommend it to horror or animation fans. The Amazing Adventures of the Living Corpse at the Internet Movie Database
4. Coraline (film) – Coraline is a 2009 American 3D stop-motion dark fantasy film based on Neil Gaimans 2002 novel of the same name. It was produced by Laika and distributed by Focus Features, the film depicts an adventurous girl finding an idealized parallel world behind a secret door in her new home, unaware that the alternate world contains a dark and sinister secret. Written and directed by Henry Selick, the film was made with Gaimans approval, the film was released widely in United States theaters on February 6,2009, after a world premiere at the Portland International Film Festival, and received critical acclaim. The film made $16.85 million during opening weekend, ranking third at the box office, at the end of its box office run, the film had grossed over $124.5 million worldwide. Coraline won Annie Awards for best music, character design, production design and received Academy Award, metallic hands, made of sewing needles, create a button-eyed rag doll that resembles a young girl. Coraline Jones and her parents, who are busy editors of a catalogue, move from Pontiac, Michigan to Ashland, Oregon. Coralines eccentric new neighbors are Mr. Bobinsky, a Russian acrobat who owns a circus of trained mice, the mystery deepens when Coraline stumbles upon a small door sealed by bricks inside her apartment. That night, a mouse guides her through the secret door, here, doubles of real-world people have buttons for eyes, and Coralines Other Mother and Other Father are warmer and more attentive than her real parents. After a delicious dinner, she goes to sleep in her Other Bedroom, at first, she assumes she must have been dreaming but awakens again inside the Other World the following night. One day, the Other Mother invites Coraline to stay forever, the black cat reappears and, able to speak in the Other World, exposes the Other Mothers desire to trap Coraline. Horrified, Coraline refuses the Other Mothers invitation, so the Other Mother shapeshifts into her true grotesque form, there, Coraline meets the ghosts of previous victims, including the long-lost twin sister of Wybies grandmother. The ghosts reveal that the Other Mother sent rag dolls that resembled them too in order to spy on their lives and she lured them into the Other World with the promise of endless fun but then sewed buttons over their eyes. To free their souls, their eyes, hidden in special objects. Coraline promises to return their eyes, Coraline is suddenly rescued from the magic mirror by the Other Wybie. She climbs through the back to the real world but discovers her actual parents have gone missing. The cat leads Coraline to the real worlds mirror, in which a vision of her trapped parents write HELP US, one by one, Coraline retrieves the childrens eyes in the Other World. As she does, the Other World around the Other Pink Palace gradually disintegrates until only the apartment is left, inside, Coraline confronts the Other Mother herself, now in a spider-like form, with sewing needles for hands. Coraline finds her parents trapped in a globe, takes it
5. Corpse Bride – The plot is set in a fictional Victorian era village in Europe. Johnny Depp leads the cast as the voice of Victor, while Helena Bonham Carter voices Emily, Corpse Bride is the third stop-motion feature film produced by Burton and the first directed by him. This is also the first stop-motion feature from Burton that was distributed by Warner Bros and it was dedicated to executive producer Joe Ranft, who died during production. It was shot with Canon EOS-1D Mark II digital SLRs, rather than the 35mm film cameras used for Burtons previous stop-motion film The Nightmare Before Christmas. Both have concerns about marrying someone they do not know, but upon meeting for the first time, the root turns out to be the finger of a murdered woman in a tattered bridal gown named Emily, who rises from the grave claiming that she is now Victors wife. After fainting, Victor wakes up and finds out he was spirited away to the surprisingly festive Land of the Dead, the bewildered Victor learns the story of how Emily, his new bride, was murdered years ago by an unknown criminal on the night of her secret elopement. Emily, as a gift, reunites Victor with his long-dead dog. Meanwhile, Victorias parents hear that Victor has been seen in another womans arms, wanting to reunite with Victoria, Victor tricks Emily into taking him back to the Land of the Living by pretending he wants her to meet his parents. She agrees to this and takes him to see Elder Gutknecht, once back home, Victor asks Emily to wait in the forest while he rushes off to see Victoria and confess his wish to marry her as soon as possible, to which she gladly returns his feelings. Just as they are about to share a kiss, Emily arrives and sees the two of them together and, feeling betrayed and hurt, angrily drags Victor back to the Land of the Dead. Victoria tells her parents that Victor has been forcibly wed to a dead woman and she escapes her room by window and rushes to Galswells to find a way to help Victor, but fails. With Victor gone, Victorias parents decide to marry her off against her will to a newcomer in town named Lord Barkis Bittern. Emily is heartbroken by Victors deception, Victor, however, apologizes for lying to her, and the two reconcile while playing the piano together. Shortly after, Victors recently deceased family coachman, Mayhew appears in the afterlife and informs Victor of Victorias impending marriage to Barkis. In order for Victor and Emilys marriage to become valid, Victor must repeat his vows in the Land of the Living and willingly drink the Wine of Ages, overhearing this, and fretting about having lost Victoria to another man, Victor agrees to die for Emily. All of the dead go upstairs to the Land of the Living to perform the ceremony for Victor. Upon their arrival, the town erupts into a panic until everyone recognizes their loved ones from the dead. After a quarrel with Barkis, Victoria follows the procession of dead to the church, Emily notices Victoria and realizes that she is denying Victoria her chance at happiness the same way it was stolen from her
6. Dante's Inferno: An Animated Epic – Dantes Inferno, An Animated Epic is a direct to DVD animated dark fantasy action film released on February 9,2010. The film is based on Dantes Inferno video game, the movie is separated into several parts. Each chapter is animated with different styles and these vary in degree of difference and depict Dante with differing features, such as hair length, bodily proportions and armor. The film starts with Dantes return from the Third Crusade, speaking in inner monologue, he describes the forests as gloomy and nearly worse than death. He can detect someone following him, but each time he tries to approach, upon arriving, he finds his servants slain, his father dead and his beloved fiancee Beatrice lying on the ground, dying of a stab wound to the stomach. As she dies, she turns into a spirit and begins to ascend into Heaven, however Lucifer, as a shadow, comes and takes her through the gates into Hell. In pursuit, Dante comes to the gates and Virgil offers to him into hell. After Dante invokes his faith he is able to open the gates. Upon Entry, Dante and Virgil board Charon, a ferry that takes souls across into the First Circle of Hell. Charon and sends demons to attack the mortal Dante, Dante fights them off, but loses his sword in the process and so takes up one of the demons scythe to defend himself from then on and kills Charon, crashing him into the coasts off the first circle. Virgil and Dante enter the first circle, Limbo which is home to mostly virtuous pagans and it is here Dante learns Beatrice was pregnant with his child while he was away, but was miscarried in the womb. Without time for sorrow, he is attacked by demonic children and they move on, and eventually encounter King Minos whose task is to judge all condemned souls to their specific circle of hell. When he denies Dante access, they battle, Dante kills Minos by dropping him onto his own spinning wheel of judgment. Meanwhile, Lucifer tortures Beatrice in a cycle of killing her, tricking her endlessly with the hope of rescue, falling onto the storm-ravaged shores of the second circle, Dante notices bodies flying through the wind, intertwined. Virgil explains the island is the circle of Lust and those in the wind are caught in a never-ending storm of passion. Following Beatrices cries from the distance, Dante ends up in a room of succubi who transform into hideous demons. As they try to seduce him, he realizes he did break his promise to Beatrice. Having been under the illusion he was absolved of all sin, upon hearing this, Beatrice begins to lose her faith yet refuses Lucifers offers her his hand in marriage
7. Dead Fury – Dead Fury is a 2008 American animated comedy-horror parody written and directed by Frank Sudol, with Sudol also doing all animation, music, and voice characterizations. The film debuted at the Philadelphia Film Festival April 9,2008, max, Pop, Jen and Jake are deer hunting out of season. Earlier, a hiker had found an ancient book of spells, hearing noise in the brush, the group thinks they have found a deer, only to discover it is the transformed hiker. Fearful, the shoots at the demon and takes refuge in a nearby cabin. As more and more zombie-fied creatures attack the group, they use every implement available to defend themselves, described as a crudely animated tale, they stated that the film is a very interesting curiosity better suited to being a 25-minute short. Film Threat panned the film, calling it shamelessly cartoonish, Movie Cynics, while they praised Sudol for his work on City of Rott, judged Dead Fury interesting but less successful. On the other hand, Dread Central found no flaws and wrote that it not only remains on top of its game, but it outdoes City of Rott at every turn. Fatally Yours referred to Dead Fury as a leaner, meaner movie when compared to City of Rott, and wrote that it has lots of gore and humor in a tighter, Dead Fury at the Internet Movie Database Official website
8. Dead Space: Aftermath – Dead Space, Aftermath is an American animated horror film that bridges the storyline between Dead Space and Dead Space 2. When contact with the USG Ishimura and the Aegis VII colony is lost, the Concordance Extraction Corporation sends the ship USG OBannon to investigate, the Marine battleship Abraxis is sent next. The survivors are imprisoned in a cell while the ship is en route to the Sprawl. The head interrogator is told by the Overseer he has seven hours to get information from the survivors. Kuttner is interrogated first and gives his account of the events, he, Cho, Borgas, assisting are soldiers Rin and Sergenko, along with two additional engineers, Borgas cousins Noah and Omar, a Unitologist. Campbell secretly tasks Kuttners crew to bring pieces of the Marker. The group land on Aegis VII, which is now unstable, while the engineers work the gravity stabilizer, Kuttners crew split up. Kuttner finds a Marker shard, which causes a horrifying hallucination and he damages the stabilizer before his teammates can tie him up in the shuttle. Rin, Sergenko and Omar were killed but the rest managed to make it aboard the shuttle, Borgas is forced to crash land the shuttle onto the OBannon. Aegis VII explodes seconds before the ship can jump out of the system, the debris causes severe damage to the ShockPoint Drive. Borgas, enraged by his cousins death, demands to know the importance of the shard, when the captain explains the shards monetary value, Borgas assaults him. After Cho calms him down, he follows the order to fix the drive. The interrogators determine Borgas did not come in contact with the shard, Stross duties as chief science officer are putting a strain on his relationship with his wife Alexis and infant son, causing Alexis to suspect Nolan and Isabel are having an affair, this is true. After escaping Aegis VII Stross begins to study the shard that Kuttner had collected. He unfortunately falls victim to the shard, causing him to obsess over it, to end, he learns it can create Necromorphs. Unfortunately, when he proves this, it causes at outbreak, Stross attempts to return to his quarters to protect his family but hallucinates that they are necromorphs and brutally murders them. The interrogators determine Stross to be of value and keep him for further study, finally, Cho is interrogated and reveals the finale of the events, just after the outbreak she and several other doctors arrived at the morgue. They find the bodies gone and several doctors killed, one of the bodies turns into a Necromorph, causing the group to flee
9. Dead Space: Downfall – Dead Space, Downfall is an American animated horror film developed by Film Roman and Electronic Arts. It is a prequel to the video game Dead Space and takes place during the events of Dead Space, Extraction, the film was released on DVD and Blu-ray on October 28,2008 and broadcast on the Syfy Channel on December 2,2008. An alien artifact, identified as a possible second Marker, is discovered on the planet Aegis VII, the Church of Unitology uses its influence to send the mining ship USG Ishimura to retrieve this holy relic. While the ship approaches, they receive radio reports of an outbreak of violent behavior among the colonists, the Marker is brought aboard by order of Captain Benjamin Mathius. Head of Security Alissa Vincent asks to investigate the colony, while the Ishimura extracts a chunk of the planet to mine, a man in the ships sick bay, Hans Leggio, struggles against his restraints and resists sedation, begging to be killed. Meanwhile, two miners on Aegis VII check an outpost that has gone silent, one man, Farum vanishes during a blackout, while the other, Colin Barrow sees his wife Jen commit suicide. Barrow takes her body and flees the facility in a shuttle, the Ishimura re-establishes links with the colony, receiving evidence of a massacre. The captain refuses to radio for help, as he would face a court martial for entering a restricted system and he orders that the planet be quarantined and return to Earth with the Marker. Barrows shuttle crashes into the Ishimuras hangar, just as he is killed by his mutated wife. Vincent and her security teammates Ramirez, Hanson, Dobbs, Pendleton, and Shen are dispatched to arrest and quarantine the people on the shuttle, Leggio awakens to discover alien creatures mutating the corpses in the morgue, which then kill him. The security team follows trails of blood towards the morgue, where Dobbs is killed by an infected Leggio, tensions flare as Unitologist crew members demand to see the Marker, they are quickly calmed and dispersed by engineer Samuel Irons, a Unitologist. The security team fight the infestation as it spreads through the ship, as tension rises on the Bridge, captain Mathius is accidentally killed by Kyne in an attempt to sedate him, who flees the bridge. The escape pods are launched empty and the communications systems destroyed, on the way to the bridge, Hanson goes insane and kills Shen, then is in turn killed by Ramirez. On their way to confront Kyne, the team finds survivors trapped by Necromorphs, Irons buys time for Vincent and Ramirez to extract the scared crew members by using himself as bait, and is killed. Ramirez sacrifices himself getting Vincent into the control room and she confronts Kyne, who claims that his actions are necessary to stop the alien outbreak from leaving the system. Vincent fails to restore the engines, and Kyne escapes with her weapon, Vincent finds herself surrounded by Necromorphs and run for the Marker, but learns that the creatures cannot come into close proximity with the artifact, which kept them imprisoned on Aegis VII. Spurred on by a vision of Ramirez, Vincent leaves a video log that details the sequence of events, adding that the Marker. She uploads the video log to a beacon, opens the airlock
10. Frankenweenie (2012 film) – Frankenweenie is a 2012 American 3D stop-motion-animated fantasy horror comedy film directed by Tim Burton and produced by Walt Disney Pictures. It is a remake of Burtons 1984 short film of the name and is a parody of. The voice cast includes four actors who worked with Burton on previous films, Winona Ryder, Catherine OHara, Martin Short, Frankenweenie is in black and white. It is also the fourth film produced by Burton and the first of those four that is not a musical. The tongue-in-cheek film contains references and parodies related to the book, past film versions of the book. The film won the Saturn Award for Best Animated Film and was nominated for an Academy Award, a Golden Globe, a BAFTA, and an Annie Award for Best Film in each respective animated category. Young filmmaker and scientist Victor Frankenstein lives with his parents, Edward and Susan Frankenstein, concerned with his sons isolation, Victors father encourages him to take up baseball and make achievements outside of science. Victor hits a home run at his first game, but Sparky, pursuing the ball, is struck by a car, inspired by his science teacher Mr. Seeing Weird Girls living cat, Mr. Whiskers, the undead Sparky escapes from the attic and explores the neighborhood. He is recognized by Edgar, who blackmails Victor into teaching him how to raise the dead, the two reanimate a dead goldfish, which turns invisible due to an error with the experiment. Rzykruski to be blamed and fired due to his accused influencing and reviling the townsfolk for questioning his methods when he steps up for self-defense, so, the gym teacher replaces Mr. Rzykruski. Victors parents discover Sparky in the attic and are frightened, causing the dog to flee, Victor and his parents search for Sparky while the classmates invade the lab, discovering Victors reanimation formula. Bobs Sea-Monkeys grow into amphibious humanoids, the monsters break loose into the town fair where they wreak havoc. During the chaos, Persephone, Elsas pet poodle, is grabbed by Mr. Whiskers and carried to the windmill with Elsa. The townsfolk blame Sparky for Elsas disappearance and chase him to the windmill, Victor and Sparky enter the burning windmill and rescue Elsa and Persephone, but Victor is trapped inside. Sparky rescues Victor, only to be dragged back inside by Mr. Whiskers, a final confrontation ensues, and just as Mr. Whiskers has Sparky cornered, a flaming piece of wood breaks off and impales the bat-cat, killing him instantly. The windmill then collapses on Sparky, killing him again, to reward him for his bravery and saving Victor, the townsfolk gather to revive Sparky with their car batteries, reanimating him once more. Persephone, who has a similar to Elsa Lanchesters Bride of Frankenstein. Charlie Tahan as Victor Frankenstein, a young scientist who brings his dog Sparky back to life and his teachings inspire Victors effort to resurrect Sparky, and he acts as a mentor to Victor
11. Goosebumps (film) – Goosebumps is a 2015 American horror comedy film based on the childrens book series of the same name by R. L. Stine. It was directed by Rob Letterman, and written by Darren Lemke, based from a story by Scott Alexander, the film stars Jack Black in a triple role, Dylan Minnette, Odeya Rush, Amy Ryan, Ryan Lee, Jillian Bell, and Halston Sage. It was financed by Sony, LStar Capital and Village Roadshow Pictures and also produced by Original Film, Goosebumps grossed $150 million against its $58 million budget. It received nominations for the Las Vegas Film Critics Society for Best Family Film, Zach Cooper and his mother Gale move to the town of Madison, Delaware. While settling in, Zach meets his new neighbor Hannah and her overprotective father Mr. Shivers, Zach and Hannah become quick friends, but Mr. Shivers warns Zach to stay on his side of the fence. At Madison High School where Gale works as the vice-principal, Zach befriends Champ, later that evening, Hannah comes to Zach and takes him to an abandoned amusement park out in the woods where they watch the sun set together on top of the Ferris wheel. When they get home, Mr. Shivers appears and again warns Zach to stay away from them or something bad would happen. The next night, Zach hears Mr. Shivers and Hannah arguing, Zach calls the police, but Mr. Shivers assures the officers that the noise came from his television. Fearing Hannah is in danger, Zach tricks Mr. Shivers into going to the station for further questioning. The two find a shelf containing many Goosebumps manuscripts, all of which are locked, frustrated by Champs curiosity, Zach unlocks one of the books. When Hannah discovers them, Zach drops the book, releasing the Abominable Snowman of Pasadena and they pursue the Abominable Snowman to an ice skating rink, where Mr. Shivers appears and imprisons it back into the book. On the way home, Mr. Shivers reveals that he is Goosebumps author R. L. Stine. He created the stories as a child to terrorize the people made fun of him. Returning to the house, they find Slappy the Dummy waiting for them, angry at being imprisoned, Slappy burns his own manuscript and flees with the others in The Haunted Car. He unlocks the book revenge of the lawn gnomes. They are attacked by the living lawn gnomes from Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes, when Stine and the kids try to smash them, each of the gnomes reform, making them realize that they can only run away. Slappy releases several monsters, letting them rampage under his command, Zach suggests Stine to write a new book that will trap every monster, but he can only do it with his special typewriter which is at the high school. On the way there, Brent Green from My Best Friend is Invisible, will Blake from The Werewolf of Fever Swamp pursues them into an abandoned supermarket, only to be run over by Zachs aunt Lorraine in the parking lot. As they cut through the cemetery, Zach notices that Hannah glows blue in the moonlight and they are then chased by the Graveyard Ghouls from Attack of The Graveyard Ghouls, but manage to escape
12. The Haunted House (1929 film) – The Haunted House, or simply Haunted House, is a 1929 animated short film produced by Walt Disney Productions and distributed by Celebrity Productions. The film follows Mickey Mouse trapped in a house and forced to play music. It was directed by Walt Disney who also provided the voice of Mickey, Ub Iwerks was the primary animator, the Haunted House borrowed animation from Disneys first Silly Symphony, The Skeleton Dance, which was released earlier in 1929. The Haunted House was Mickeys first cartoon with a theme and led the way to later films such as The Gorilla Mystery, The Mad Doctor, Lonesome Ghosts. On a dark and stormy night, Mickey Mouse takes shelter in a house that he is passing, after Mickey enters the house, the door locks itself, before Mickey is startled by a large spider and several bats, while hiding. Mickey then hears the sound of ghosts and flees into a hallway before the lights go out, three times in the dark, just like Al Jolson, he lights a match and looks around. Eventually a cloaked figure, which Mickeys shadow turns into scares Mickey, who screams, the cloaked figure corners Mickey into a room and compels him to play an organ while several other skeletons dance along to the music. When the music stops, Mickey tries to run away and leave the house and he finally falls out of a window and into a full rain barrel and runs away. 1929 – Theatrical release 1983 – Walt Disney Cartoon Classics, Scary Tales c.1992 – Mickeys Mouse Tracks, Episode 251998 – The Ink & Paint Club, Oooh. 2004 – Mickey Mouse in Black and White, Volume Two The Haunted House at the Internet Movie Database The Haunted House at the Internet Animation Database
13. The Haunted World of El Superbeasto – The Haunted World of El Superbeasto is a 2009 American adult animated exploitation musical black comedy horror film directed, co-written, and co-produced by Rob Zombie. The film was written by Zombie and Tom Papa from Zombies comic book series of the same name, the film was produced by Starz Media and Film Roman, with animation provided by Carbunkle Cartoons and Big Star Productions. The film stars Papa, Sheri Moon Zombie, Paul Giamatti, Tom Kenny, Rosario Dawson, Papa voices the character of El Superbeasto and Moon Zombie voices sidekick sister, Suzi-X. The film was released straight-to-DVD on September 22,2009 and theatrically in some international territories, satan from taking over the world by marrying the foul-mouthed stripper with the mark of the devil on her backside, Velvet Von Black. Director Rob Zombie also references other films. Tom Papa, writer and the voice of the titular character, throughout the film, El Superbeasto often makes observations at unusual moments, like Papa does in his stand-ups. Work began on The Haunted World of El Superbeasto in 2006 and a date was later scheduled for May 2007. In an interview conducted on July 20,2007 by shocktillyoudrop. com, Zombie explained that, during that time, the film was still being animated, however, Zombie then began work on Halloween. He informed the animators that he had to walk away because I cant split my time between two things, Zombie noted that work on The Haunted World of El Superbeasto started when I was on Rejects and its now just sitting on a shelf waiting for me to finish Halloween. In a November 2007 interview with Bloody Disgusting, Zombie announced that the film was almost finished and he went on to say that, although he was then on tour until February, we will finally finish the music on Superbeasto and itll be done afterwards. Rob Zombie had the following to say in a September 28,2008 posting on the official El Superbeasto Myspace page,3 long years in the making and worth every second. By Halloween this thing will be in the can completely DONE, in an October 29,2008, Blender Magazine interview, Rob Zombie stated that Ive been working on for three years, and Im actually in the last weeks of it — Im mixing the sound this week. Im not sure of the date yet, but thatll be out probably early 2009. Its a full-length adult animated comedy, the film has been screen-tested for a 2009 release by Anchor Bay Entertainment. In that same interview, Rob Zombie described the film as Awesome. this little tiny half-a-million dollar direct-to-video movie that expanded into this $10 million animated extravaganza, and its awesome, but I dont have a release date yet. Its like an R-rated adult/monster/sex comedy, theres nothing really like it that I can think of. People always say like Ralph Bakshis stuff, but. its like if SpongeBob, the film, running feature length at 75 minutes, was released on DVD on September 22 of that year. A majority of the songs in the film are written and performed by Chris Hardwick, on Rotten Tomatoes, the film has received a 40% rating from 5 critics and a 48% from audiences
14. Hotel Transylvania – Hotel Transylvania is a 2012 American 3D computer animated fantasy comedy film produced by Sony Pictures Animation. It was directed by Genndy Tartakovsky, and produced by Michelle Murdocca, the film stars the voices of Adam Sandler, Andy Samberg, Selena Gomez, Kevin James, Fran Drescher, Steve Buscemi, Molly Shannon, David Spade, and CeeLo Green. The film tells a story of Count Dracula, the owner of a hotel called Hotel Transylvania where the monsters can take a rest from human civilization. Dracula invites some of the most famous monsters to celebrate the 118th birthday of his daughter Mavis, the film was released on September 28,2012, by Columbia Pictures. It was met with mixed reception, while the general public received it favorably. Despite mixed reviews, Hotel Transylvania earned a total of $358 million on a budget of $85 million, the film was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Animated Feature Film. It had launched a franchise, with a sequel, Hotel Transylvania 2, which takes place seven years after the film, in 2015, and a third film scheduled for 2018. A television series is planned for early 2017, and it will focus on the years of Mavis. The plan works, but the zombies inadvertently lead a 21-year-old human named Jonathan back to the hotel, Dracula frantically disguises him as a Frankensteinesque Monster and passes him off as Johnnystein, a distant cousin of Franks right arm. Jonathan soon encounters Mavis and the two Zing, unable to get Johnny out of the hotel without notice, Drac quickly improvises that Jonathan is a party planner, brought in to bring a fresher approach to his own traditional and boring parties. Jonathan quickly becomes a hit to the monsters, especially Mavis. Drac orders Johnny to leave, but Johnny is brought back by Mavis, after being shown the beauty of a sunrise by Johnny, Mavis is inspired to give humans another chance. Meanwhile, the hotel chef Quasimodo with the help of his pet rat Esmeralda learns that Johnny is a human, Dracula intervenes and magically freezes Quasimodo to keep him from telling anyone that Jonathan is human. Dracula leads Jonathan to his quarters and shows him a painting of his wife, Jonathan is understanding and Dracula develops respect for his knowledge, and the two bond, recognising that Jonathan is a good person. Jonathan then tries to leave for good, but Dracula convinces him to stay for the time-being to avoid ruining Maviss birthday, the party is a great success the next night, and Mavis looks forward to opening a gift from her deceased mother. However, when Jonathan and Mavis share their first kiss, Dracula overreacts, a still-frozen Quasimodo bursts in and the Fly translates from his frozen speech that Johnny is a human disguised by Dracula. The guests are outraged by the deceit at play, but Mavis is undeterred and wants to be with Johnny, Jonathan feigns disinterest in Mavis and rejects her out of respect for her father and leaves the hotel. Mavis then angrily yells at Dracula and flies off, Dracula finds Mavis on the roof with her mothers present
15. Monster House (film) – The film stars Mitchel Musso, Sam Lerner, Spencer Locke, Steve Buscemi, Nick Cannon, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Jon Heder, Kevin James, Jason Lee, Catherine OHara, Kathleen Turner, and Fred Willard. Executive produced by Robert Zemeckis and Steven Spielberg, this is the first time since Back to the Future Part III that they have worked together and it is also the first time that Zemeckis and Spielberg both served as executive producers of a film. The films characters are animated primarily utilizing performance capture, making it the film to use the technology so extensively. Monster House received generally positive reviews critics and grossed over $140 million worldwide. The film was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature at the 79th Academy Awards, Dustin J. DJ Walters spies on his elderly neighbor Mr. Horace Nebbercracker, who confiscates any item landing in his yard. DJs parents leave town for a dentist convention, leaving him in the care of Elizabeth Zee, DJs best friend Charles Chowder accidentally loses his basketball on Nebbercrackers lawn. DJ tries to recover it, but Nebbercracker rages at him, but suffers a heart attack and that night, DJ receives mysterious phone calls from the house with no one on the other end. Eavesdropping on Zees boyfriend Bones, DJ hears him tell Zee about losing his kite on Nebbercrackers lawn when he was younger, later, Bones sees his kite in the doorway of Mr. Nebbercrackers house, but he is consumed by the house while retrieving it. Later, DJ meets Chowder at a site and recruits him to investigate Nebbercrackers house. Once arriving, Chowder rings the doorbell, only to discover that the house is in fact alive, the next morning, a girl named Jenny Bennett is selling Halloween candy. DJ and Chowder see her going to the house and rush out to catch her before she is eaten, Jenny calls the police but they do not believe their story. The trio seek advice from Reginald Skull Skulinski, supposedly an expert on the supernatural and they learn that the house is a rare monster created when a human soul merges with a man-made structure and that it can only be killed by destroying its heart. They predict that the heart must be the furnace, as the chimney has been smoking ever since Nebbercracker was taken to the hospital, Chowder provides a cold medicine-filled dummy that should cause the house to sleep long enough for them to douse the furnace. However Police Officers Landers and Lester saw them and they thwart their plan, as Landers and Lester were about to leave with the kids they hear the houses sounds. When the officers go to examine the house, it eats them, when the house falls asleep, the kids begin exploring. The house realizes they are inside and attacks them, DJ, Chowder and Jenny force the house to vomit them outside by grabbing its chandelier uvula. Nebbercracker arrives home alive, revealing that Constances spirit is within the house, as a young man, he met Constance at a circus freak show, and fell in love with her despite her obesity. After he helped her escape, they began building the house, Nebbercracker had finished the house, knowing it was what she would have wanted but was aware that Constances spirit made the house come alive
16. Night of the Living Dead: Darkest Dawn – The film is a re-telling of the original Night of the Living Dead in a contemporary setting. An animated re-telling of the original Night of the Living Dead film, set in modern-day New York City rather than 1960s rural Pennsylvania. Centers on a group of survivors fighting to stay alive barricaded in an abandoned apartment building. Tony Todd as Ben Danielle Harris as Barbara Bill Moseley as Johnny R, the film features visual effects from The Graphic Film Company, Los Angeles, which relied on the iPi Soft iPi Motion Capture markerless motion capture software. The budget was rumored to be below 1 million USD, mos Def was originally cast as a voice actor, but after a short time, he was released from the project. Both Todd and Moseley would be reprising their roles as Ben and Johnny, respectively, indian actor R. Madhavan was signed on to play a role in mid 2013. The film was reported to be complete in May 2014 and had a screening at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival, a theatrical release across the United States of America was planned in the fall of 2014. The film later premièred at 2015 Comic Con held in San Diego as a part of the Walker Stalker Fan Fest, the film was later released in October 2015 on iTunes and OnDemand stations across the United States. To date there have been no reviews collected by Rotten Tomatoes aside from a single Audience Review, on IMDb it has had generally mixed reviews, most critics praised the narrative and setting change but complained that the CGI looked rushed and was below standard. Genre author A. M. Esmonde stated, the visual graphic aesthetics arent too hot, theres the talent and eerie animated likeness of horror favourites. Night of the Living Dead, Darkest Dawn at the Internet Movie Database
17. Where the Dead Go to Die – Where the Dead Go to Die is a 2012 American independent CGI animated anthology horror crime drama film written, directed, composed, edited, and animated by James Jimmy ScreamerClauz Creamer. The film revolves around a group of living on the same block. The kids named Tommy, Sofia, and Ralph are being haunted by a talking, black, red-eyed dog named Labby, the first segment is called Tainted Milk, the second is called Liquid Memories, and the last segment is called The Mask That the Monsters Wear. He also said that the first chapter, Tainted Milk was originally written and he even placed a laugh track at the comedic scenes. But due to the statements being taken out of context, a rumor began that the film was a failed attempt at a comedy. The main animation software used on the film is called Cinema 4D, the movie is dedicated to Jennifer English, who voiced Tommys mother. Jimmy Screamerclauz says all the surreal and graphic imagery has no meaning behind it and is just there because he liked it. The film was released on DVD and Blu-ray on February 21,2012, unearthed Films handles the home video distribution. The film has yet to be released on streaming services, where the Dead Go to Die was universally panned by many viewers and Internet animation critics, criticizing its three stories, animation, characters, voice acting, writing, and use of music. It was however reviewed well in many publications, such as Rue Morgue, DVDtalk. It has a score of 4. 5/10 on IMDb and the film has a rating of 16%, based on 30 audience reviews, where the Dead Go to Die at the Internet Movie Database Where the Dead Go to Die at Rotten Tomatoes