Category:American animated horror films
Pages in category "American animated horror films"
The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein – The Chipmunks are performing at a theme park called Majestic Movie Studios. While taking a break from their concert, the Chipmunks get lost and they find their way to the Frankensteins Castle attraction, where a real Dr. Victor Frankenstein is working on his monster. The monster is brought to life, and the doctor sends it in pursuit of the Chipmunks, in their escape, the monster retrieves Theodores dropped teddy bear. The monster follows the Chipmunks home and returns the bear to Theodore, the Chipmunks learn that the monster is truly good-hearted. Dave goes to the park to book a concert that night to celebrate the premiere of an anticipated film, Dr. Frankenstein tracks Frankie to the Chipmunks home, and, angered at the monsters benevolence, kidnaps Alvin. Simon, Theodore, and Frankie hurry back to the park to rescue Alvin, Dr. Frankenstein force feeds Alvin a potion and induces a powerful electrical shock. Alvin is released by Frankie, and after Simon swipes the doctors potions book, shortly after, the process Alvin underwent takes effect, transforming Alvin into a zany cartoon monster. Alvin escapes to the premiere, causing chaos and havoc in his path, using the potions book, Simon and Theodore mix an antidote using various food items from a buffet, and feed it to Alvin during his rampage. Alvin returns to normal, and the Chipmunks go to perform their concert, before the concert begins, Dr. Frankenstein attempts to transform Alvin back to his monster self, but is thwarted by Frankie, which leads to an explosion. After the smoke clears, Theodore introduces Frankie to the public, a DVD called Scare-riffic Double Feature, featuring only this film and Meet the Wolfman was released on September 4,2007. The Scare-riffic Double Feature DVD was re-released with a different cover on March 11,2008, Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein at the Internet Movie Database
2. Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman – It was released on VHS in 2000 and DVD in 2004 by Universal Studios Home Entertainment. A Scare-riffic Double Feature DVD featuring Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein, another Scare-riffic Double Feature DVD featuring Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein and this film was re-released on March 11,2008. The movie begins with Alvin having nightmares of meeting the Wolf Man, Simon and Dave conclude that Alvins been watching too many horror films at night. Alvin says that its because their new neighbor, Lawrence Talbot, creeps him out, Theodore is having trouble with Nathan, a bully, and wont go to the principal, who plans to retire due to Alvins daily mishaps, for help. However, Alvin sticks up for him and their school is rehearsing the play for the famous horror story Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson. To boost his self-esteem, they decide to have Theodore re-place the role, meanwhile, Alvin and Simon are out in search of proof of werewolves. Meanwhile, no one believes that Theodore is scary enough to play the role of Mr. Hyde. However, that all changes after he gets bit by a dog on his way home after giving a necklace as a gift to Eleanor. The next day at the rehearsal, Theodore does an extremely terrifying impression of Mr. Hyde, despite this triumph, Theodores personality continues to drastically change, becoming more vicious and mean. With their brother now a werewolf, Alvin and Simon search for a way to help Theodore, despite their best efforts, they find no solution. They eventually decide to take up some advice from known psychic Madame Raya and she says that Theodore is already close to the animal state and will turn into a werewolf soon enough. Simon and Alvin ask her if there is any way to cure him and she suggests knocking him with a silver cane while hes still a puppy before the next full moon when the transformation will be complete. Heeding this advice, Alvin breaks into Mr. Talbots home, however, as he runs away with it, he knocks into Dave. That night, Dave goes to see Mr. Talbot to apologize, however, during the conversation, the full moon rises and he transforms into a werewolf. Terrified, Dave runs to the school to warn the boys, however, he runs into a pole, knocking him unconscious. Having followed Dave to the school, Mr. Talbot makes his way inside, during the play, Theodore changes into a werewolf while on set and starts to attack Eleanor. However, after cornering her, the necklace Theodore gave her earlier shines by the moon, causing Theodore to remember his feelings towards her and to flee. Eleanor follows him, determined to help him, only to almost be attacked by Mr. Talbot, Theodore quickly defends her and attacks Mr. Talbot, biting him during the struggle
3. The Amazing Adventures of the Living Corpse – It is based on The Living Corpse Exhumed, a comic book by Ken Haeser and Buz Hasson. As a zombie apocalypse begins, a group of attack the residents in a house. When the family one of the zombies as a family member. Michael Villar as the Living Corpse The Amazing Adventures of the Living Corpse premiered at the 2012 San Diego Comic Con, four days later, it was picked up for distribution by Anchor Bay Entertainment. Director Ritter delayed the release of the several times so that he could fix issues with it. It was released on video on June 18,2013. Gordon Sullivan of DVD Verdict said, For most viewers the story isnt coherent enough to justify the low-tech animation, ryan Keefer of DVD Talk rated the film 2/5 stars and said, The corpses adventures are less amazing and more mundane. Todd Dugan of The Digital Bits rated it D− and said that he would not recommend it to horror or animation fans. The Amazing Adventures of the Living Corpse at the Internet Movie Database
4. Coraline (film) – Coraline is a 2009 American 3D stop-motion dark fantasy film based on Neil Gaimans 2002 novel of the same name. It was produced by Laika and distributed by Focus Features, the film depicts an adventurous girl finding an idealized parallel world behind a secret door in her new home, unaware that the alternate world contains a dark and sinister secret. Written and directed by Henry Selick, the film was made with Gaimans approval, the film was released widely in United States theaters on February 6,2009, after a world premiere at the Portland International Film Festival, and received critical acclaim. The film made $16.85 million during opening weekend, ranking third at the box office, at the end of its box office run, the film had grossed over $124.5 million worldwide. Coraline won Annie Awards for best music, character design, production design and received Academy Award, metallic hands, made of sewing needles, create a button-eyed rag doll that resembles a young girl. Coraline Jones and her parents, who are busy editors of a catalogue, move from Pontiac, Michigan to Ashland, Oregon. Coralines eccentric new neighbors are Mr. Bobinsky, a Russian acrobat who owns a circus of trained mice, the mystery deepens when Coraline stumbles upon a small door sealed by bricks inside her apartment. That night, a mouse guides her through the secret door, here, doubles of real-world people have buttons for eyes, and Coralines Other Mother and Other Father are warmer and more attentive than her real parents. After a delicious dinner, she goes to sleep in her Other Bedroom, at first, she assumes she must have been dreaming but awakens again inside the Other World the following night. One day, the Other Mother invites Coraline to stay forever, the black cat reappears and, able to speak in the Other World, exposes the Other Mothers desire to trap Coraline. Horrified, Coraline refuses the Other Mothers invitation, so the Other Mother shapeshifts into her true grotesque form, there, Coraline meets the ghosts of previous victims, including the long-lost twin sister of Wybies grandmother. The ghosts reveal that the Other Mother sent rag dolls that resembled them too in order to spy on their lives and she lured them into the Other World with the promise of endless fun but then sewed buttons over their eyes. To free their souls, their eyes, hidden in special objects. Coraline promises to return their eyes, Coraline is suddenly rescued from the magic mirror by the Other Wybie. She climbs through the back to the real world but discovers her actual parents have gone missing. The cat leads Coraline to the real worlds mirror, in which a vision of her trapped parents write HELP US, one by one, Coraline retrieves the childrens eyes in the Other World. As she does, the Other World around the Other Pink Palace gradually disintegrates until only the apartment is left, inside, Coraline confronts the Other Mother herself, now in a spider-like form, with sewing needles for hands. Coraline finds her parents trapped in a globe, takes it
5. Corpse Bride – The plot is set in a fictional Victorian era village in Europe. Johnny Depp leads the cast as the voice of Victor, while Helena Bonham Carter voices Emily, Corpse Bride is the third stop-motion feature film produced by Burton and the first directed by him. This is also the first stop-motion feature from Burton that was distributed by Warner Bros and it was dedicated to executive producer Joe Ranft, who died during production. It was shot with Canon EOS-1D Mark II digital SLRs, rather than the 35mm film cameras used for Burtons previous stop-motion film The Nightmare Before Christmas. Both have concerns about marrying someone they do not know, but upon meeting for the first time, the root turns out to be the finger of a murdered woman in a tattered bridal gown named Emily, who rises from the grave claiming that she is now Victors wife. After fainting, Victor wakes up and finds out he was spirited away to the surprisingly festive Land of the Dead, the bewildered Victor learns the story of how Emily, his new bride, was murdered years ago by an unknown criminal on the night of her secret elopement. Emily, as a gift, reunites Victor with his long-dead dog. Meanwhile, Victorias parents hear that Victor has been seen in another womans arms, wanting to reunite with Victoria, Victor tricks Emily into taking him back to the Land of the Living by pretending he wants her to meet his parents. She agrees to this and takes him to see Elder Gutknecht, once back home, Victor asks Emily to wait in the forest while he rushes off to see Victoria and confess his wish to marry her as soon as possible, to which she gladly returns his feelings. Just as they are about to share a kiss, Emily arrives and sees the two of them together and, feeling betrayed and hurt, angrily drags Victor back to the Land of the Dead. Victoria tells her parents that Victor has been forcibly wed to a dead woman and she escapes her room by window and rushes to Galswells to find a way to help Victor, but fails. With Victor gone, Victorias parents decide to marry her off against her will to a newcomer in town named Lord Barkis Bittern. Emily is heartbroken by Victors deception, Victor, however, apologizes for lying to her, and the two reconcile while playing the piano together. Shortly after, Victors recently deceased family coachman, Mayhew appears in the afterlife and informs Victor of Victorias impending marriage to Barkis. In order for Victor and Emilys marriage to become valid, Victor must repeat his vows in the Land of the Living and willingly drink the Wine of Ages, overhearing this, and fretting about having lost Victoria to another man, Victor agrees to die for Emily. All of the dead go upstairs to the Land of the Living to perform the ceremony for Victor. Upon their arrival, the town erupts into a panic until everyone recognizes their loved ones from the dead. After a quarrel with Barkis, Victoria follows the procession of dead to the church, Emily notices Victoria and realizes that she is denying Victoria her chance at happiness the same way it was stolen from her
6. Dante's Inferno: An Animated Epic – Dantes Inferno, An Animated Epic is a direct to DVD animated dark fantasy action film released on February 9,2010. The film is based on Dantes Inferno video game, the movie is separated into several parts. Each chapter is animated with different styles and these vary in degree of difference and depict Dante with differing features, such as hair length, bodily proportions and armor. The film starts with Dantes return from the Third Crusade, speaking in inner monologue, he describes the forests as gloomy and nearly worse than death. He can detect someone following him, but each time he tries to approach, upon arriving, he finds his servants slain, his father dead and his beloved fiancee Beatrice lying on the ground, dying of a stab wound to the stomach. As she dies, she turns into a spirit and begins to ascend into Heaven, however Lucifer, as a shadow, comes and takes her through the gates into Hell. In pursuit, Dante comes to the gates and Virgil offers to him into hell. After Dante invokes his faith he is able to open the gates. Upon Entry, Dante and Virgil board Charon, a ferry that takes souls across into the First Circle of Hell. Charon and sends demons to attack the mortal Dante, Dante fights them off, but loses his sword in the process and so takes up one of the demons scythe to defend himself from then on and kills Charon, crashing him into the coasts off the first circle. Virgil and Dante enter the first circle, Limbo which is home to mostly virtuous pagans and it is here Dante learns Beatrice was pregnant with his child while he was away, but was miscarried in the womb. Without time for sorrow, he is attacked by demonic children and they move on, and eventually encounter King Minos whose task is to judge all condemned souls to their specific circle of hell. When he denies Dante access, they battle, Dante kills Minos by dropping him onto his own spinning wheel of judgment. Meanwhile, Lucifer tortures Beatrice in a cycle of killing her, tricking her endlessly with the hope of rescue, falling onto the storm-ravaged shores of the second circle, Dante notices bodies flying through the wind, intertwined. Virgil explains the island is the circle of Lust and those in the wind are caught in a never-ending storm of passion. Following Beatrices cries from the distance, Dante ends up in a room of succubi who transform into hideous demons. As they try to seduce him, he realizes he did break his promise to Beatrice. Having been under the illusion he was absolved of all sin, upon hearing this, Beatrice begins to lose her faith yet refuses Lucifers offers her his hand in marriage
7. Dead Fury – Dead Fury is a 2008 American animated comedy-horror parody written and directed by Frank Sudol, with Sudol also doing all animation, music, and voice characterizations. The film debuted at the Philadelphia Film Festival April 9,2008, max, Pop, Jen and Jake are deer hunting out of season. Earlier, a hiker had found an ancient book of spells, hearing noise in the brush, the group thinks they have found a deer, only to discover it is the transformed hiker. Fearful, the shoots at the demon and takes refuge in a nearby cabin. As more and more zombie-fied creatures attack the group, they use every implement available to defend themselves, described as a crudely animated tale, they stated that the film is a very interesting curiosity better suited to being a 25-minute short. Film Threat panned the film, calling it shamelessly cartoonish, Movie Cynics, while they praised Sudol for his work on City of Rott, judged Dead Fury interesting but less successful. On the other hand, Dread Central found no flaws and wrote that it not only remains on top of its game, but it outdoes City of Rott at every turn. Fatally Yours referred to Dead Fury as a leaner, meaner movie when compared to City of Rott, and wrote that it has lots of gore and humor in a tighter, Dead Fury at the Internet Movie Database Official website
8. Dead Space: Aftermath – Dead Space, Aftermath is an American animated horror film that bridges the storyline between Dead Space and Dead Space 2. When contact with the USG Ishimura and the Aegis VII colony is lost, the Concordance Extraction Corporation sends the ship USG OBannon to investigate, the Marine battleship Abraxis is sent next. The survivors are imprisoned in a cell while the ship is en route to the Sprawl. The head interrogator is told by the Overseer he has seven hours to get information from the survivors. Kuttner is interrogated first and gives his account of the events, he, Cho, Borgas, assisting are soldiers Rin and Sergenko, along with two additional engineers, Borgas cousins Noah and Omar, a Unitologist. Campbell secretly tasks Kuttners crew to bring pieces of the Marker. The group land on Aegis VII, which is now unstable, while the engineers work the gravity stabilizer, Kuttners crew split up. Kuttner finds a Marker shard, which causes a horrifying hallucination and he damages the stabilizer before his teammates can tie him up in the shuttle. Rin, Sergenko and Omar were killed but the rest managed to make it aboard the shuttle, Borgas is forced to crash land the shuttle onto the OBannon. Aegis VII explodes seconds before the ship can jump out of the system, the debris causes severe damage to the ShockPoint Drive. Borgas, enraged by his cousins death, demands to know the importance of the shard, when the captain explains the shards monetary value, Borgas assaults him. After Cho calms him down, he follows the order to fix the drive. The interrogators determine Borgas did not come in contact with the shard, Stross duties as chief science officer are putting a strain on his relationship with his wife Alexis and infant son, causing Alexis to suspect Nolan and Isabel are having an affair, this is true. After escaping Aegis VII Stross begins to study the shard that Kuttner had collected. He unfortunately falls victim to the shard, causing him to obsess over it, to end, he learns it can create Necromorphs. Unfortunately, when he proves this, it causes at outbreak, Stross attempts to return to his quarters to protect his family but hallucinates that they are necromorphs and brutally murders them. The interrogators determine Stross to be of value and keep him for further study, finally, Cho is interrogated and reveals the finale of the events, just after the outbreak she and several other doctors arrived at the morgue. They find the bodies gone and several doctors killed, one of the bodies turns into a Necromorph, causing the group to flee
9. Dead Space: Downfall – Dead Space, Downfall is an American animated horror film developed by Film Roman and Electronic Arts. It is a prequel to the video game Dead Space and takes place during the events of Dead Space, Extraction, the film was released on DVD and Blu-ray on October 28,2008 and broadcast on the Syfy Channel on December 2,2008. An alien artifact, identified as a possible second Marker, is discovered on the planet Aegis VII, the Church of Unitology uses its influence to send the mining ship USG Ishimura to retrieve this holy relic. While the ship approaches, they receive radio reports of an outbreak of violent behavior among the colonists, the Marker is brought aboard by order of Captain Benjamin Mathius. Head of Security Alissa Vincent asks to investigate the colony, while the Ishimura extracts a chunk of the planet to mine, a man in the ships sick bay, Hans Leggio, struggles against his restraints and resists sedation, begging to be killed. Meanwhile, two miners on Aegis VII check an outpost that has gone silent, one man, Farum vanishes during a blackout, while the other, Colin Barrow sees his wife Jen commit suicide. Barrow takes her body and flees the facility in a shuttle, the Ishimura re-establishes links with the colony, receiving evidence of a massacre. The captain refuses to radio for help, as he would face a court martial for entering a restricted system and he orders that the planet be quarantined and return to Earth with the Marker. Barrows shuttle crashes into the Ishimuras hangar, just as he is killed by his mutated wife. Vincent and her security teammates Ramirez, Hanson, Dobbs, Pendleton, and Shen are dispatched to arrest and quarantine the people on the shuttle, Leggio awakens to discover alien creatures mutating the corpses in the morgue, which then kill him. The security team follows trails of blood towards the morgue, where Dobbs is killed by an infected Leggio, tensions flare as Unitologist crew members demand to see the Marker, they are quickly calmed and dispersed by engineer Samuel Irons, a Unitologist. The security team fight the infestation as it spreads through the ship, as tension rises on the Bridge, captain Mathius is accidentally killed by Kyne in an attempt to sedate him, who flees the bridge. The escape pods are launched empty and the communications systems destroyed, on the way to the bridge, Hanson goes insane and kills Shen, then is in turn killed by Ramirez. On their way to confront Kyne, the team finds survivors trapped by Necromorphs, Irons buys time for Vincent and Ramirez to extract the scared crew members by using himself as bait, and is killed. Ramirez sacrifices himself getting Vincent into the control room and she confronts Kyne, who claims that his actions are necessary to stop the alien outbreak from leaving the system. Vincent fails to restore the engines, and Kyne escapes with her weapon, Vincent finds herself surrounded by Necromorphs and run for the Marker, but learns that the creatures cannot come into close proximity with the artifact, which kept them imprisoned on Aegis VII. Spurred on by a vision of Ramirez, Vincent leaves a video log that details the sequence of events, adding that the Marker. She uploads the video log to a beacon, opens the airlock