Anno strategy video game series, see Anno (series).
Pages in category "Anno (series)"
The following 16 pages are in this category, out of 16 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
Anno strategy video game series, see Anno (series).
The following 16 pages are in this category, out of 16 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. Anno 1404 – Anno 1404, known as Dawn of Discovery in North America, is a city-building and economic simulation game with real-time strategy elements, part of the Anno series. Released in 2009, it was developed by Related Designs, produced by Blue Byte, Anno 1404 is the sequel to Anno 1701 and is followed by the futuristic sequel Anno 2070. An expansion, titled Anno 1404, Venice, which adds multiplayer and other features, was released on February 26,2010, as with other Anno games, the player, at the will of their unnamed country of origin creates and manages their fief aside AI players. One of the focuses of the game in the city building setting sense centers on the construction of monuments, namely a Gothic cathedral. The construction phases of these monuments are dependent on certain preconditions which have to be met in order to continue building, the player also needs to stockpile building material in order to commence such a project. The process of the construction of the cathedral resembles very closely the castle/palace feature that was displayed in 1404s predecessor, trade is an essential element of forward progress. Occidental populations can not grow past a certain level of success without Spice, and later Quartz, Although populations generate taxable income, it is difficult to generate enough gold to make meaningful capital investments without extensive trading. This is simplified by an automatic trading process that allows an island to make available to visiting merchant ships. As players progress through the game, they gain access to vessels and troops which allow them to invade. Anno 1404 features an interface, bigger islands and worlds to explore. Anno 1404 has several new features that distinguish it from its three predecessors, Anno 1503, Anno 1602, and Anno 1701 and these features include, Occident and Orient As was the case in Anno 1701, the game world is divided into two culturally distinct zones. Despite the addition of player-managed oriental settlements, the Occident remains the focus of the game. The Orient acts more of a partner in order for Occidental people to advance in class. In order for this to occur, Oriental goods such as spice, indigo, housing levels There are a total of six levels of housing including both occidental and oriental settlements. The four occidental levels are peasants, citizens, patricians and noblemen, the two oriental levels are nomads and envoys. In the Occident, the player starts by building peasant housing, and in the orient and these conditions include the acquisition of goods as mentioned above, as well as the construction of specific buildings, such as a debtors prison, bath house or a cathedral. Civilization class ratios In Anno 1701, every residential structure could be advanced to the uppermost class, in Anno 1404, a number of peasants are required to support a moderate amount of citizens who in turn support a number patricians and noblemen. There are several factors that can impact the ratio of lower class to upper class
2. Anno 1503 – Anno 1503, The New World is a real-time strategy and city-building video game, part of the Anno series. It is developed by Max Design and it revolves around building and maintaining a 16th-century colony in the New World. It is the sequel to Anno 1602 and the predecessor to Anno 1701, the add-on Treasures, Monsters & Pirates was released in 2004. Anno 1503 begins with the player in control of a filled with men. After finding a suitable site city building begins, resources begin as food and cloth, but progress into more complicated and different goods. Eventually, citizens become Aristocrats, and require at least ten different goods and numerous services, the game is constructed around one human player and three computers. Like Anno 1602, the computers are progressive, meaning that they advance along with the human players, the computer players also have adjustable personalities, which the player customizes before the beginning of a game. Each different player, human or computer, is represented by a color, the economy in Anno 1503 is built on providing different goods to colonist citizens. It begins with the creation of goods, and progresses in civilization levels throughout the game leading to more advanced goods. Since the game is built on different levels of civilizations, each level requires more goods and more balancing skills. Technology of Anno 1503 begins on the pioneer level, after giving citizens basic goods like food, cloth, and alcohol, they develop into Settlers, the second civilization level. The second levels allows the players settlers to build more advanced buildings, however, buildings in the game do not necessarily have a specific function for the player, but have an implied or under effective function for settlers in the game. Building abilities are amplified with expansion, meaning larger populations have more effective building powers, the military form of this game is more complex than that of Anno 1602. The game has more than seven different types of units as opposed to Anno 1602 with only four, thus, during battles, the game experience becomes more intense as deploying different units becomes key in strategy for winning a battle. The buildings in the game are more extensive than those of Anno 1602 and this is mainly because the game play area and islands are many times bigger than that of 1602. Thus, it makes it possible to have many more plantations, building and house graphics are improved over the previous game. An addon titled Treasures, Monsters & Pirates was released in 2004, official Anno 1503 website Anno 1503 at MobyGames
3. Anno 1602 – Anno 1602, Creation of a New World is a real time strategy and city building video game, developed by Max Design. It was first published in 1998 and is the first game of the Anno series, the game is set in the Early Modern period of history and play entails colony building and resource management on a series of small islands. It includes aspects of exploration, combat, diplomacy and trade, Anno 1602 is an economic, rather than combat, orientated strategy game. Players are rarely challenged in battle, the game design is noteworthy for its attempt to implement a progressive artificial intelligence, meaning that the pace of the game changes in response to how quickly players act. The sequels of the game are titled Anno 1503, Anno 1701, Anno 1404, Anno 2070, Anno 1602 aims to be a mix of simulation and strategy gaming, giving players the chance to create a realistic and lively world, modeling it to their liking. The ultimate goal of the game is to discover chains of islands, settle them, develop on them, players can also trade with their own colonies, and various neutral CPU controlled players such as native tribesmen. Even though the game focuses heavily on a standpoint, on various occasions the player will be forced to defend their islands against possible enemies. 1602 AD is, at its core, a building and trading simulation. You start as an unnamed European nation in 1602 AD that is looking to expand their power into the New World, as the game starts, youll need to quickly find a nearby island, colonize it, and start building up your economy. The US release of this game contains all 6 scenarios that were included in the original European release, as well as 9 new scenarios, Anno 1602 also features online and network play with up to 4 other players simultaneously. Because the network play is less sophisticated than that of modern games, lag, despite this, Anno 1602 is still occasionally played by small groups of lan PC gamers, or by players over the internet. The game is playable via null modem connection. 1602 AD is designed to be as neutral as possible. After entering your characters name, you are asked to one of four different colored banners to represent your country. From here you can choose to play out one of the games many scenarios or engage in a free form game. This is a different approach to other games such as The Settlers, and Age of Empires. Fans and developers have gone on the record as saying such a system was chosen to keep neutrality throughout the players when it came to their economies. Unlike other games where technology plays a role in one player defeating another, Anno 1602
4. Anno 1701 – Anno 1701, also marketed as 1701 A. D. is a real time strategy and city building video game, part of the Anno series. It is developed by Related Designs and published by Sunflowers Interactive Entertainment Software and it revolves around building and maintaining an 18th-century colony in the New World. It is the sequel to Anno 1602 and Anno 1503 and was followed by Anno 1404, which is known in the United States as Dawn of Discovery, Anno 2070, and Anno 2205. Anno 1701, like the other six Anno games, is a game based mainly on the economics of the settlement created by the player, the more skilled a player is at maintaining a balanced economy the more successful their settlement will be. As with other Anno games, the player starts as a country which has to colonize. While the player expands, other computer controlled rivals are expanding and strengthening, as the player progresses through the game, players have access to lodge activities and troops which allow them to invade and ultimately to defeat other players. The game is divided into five stages, Pioneer, Settler, Citizen, Merchant. At the start of the game, all of a players citizens are pioneers and they pay little amounts of taxes, and require only food and a town center. As a players empire develops, so does his population and they begin upgrading, paying more taxes, but also requiring more goods, such as tobacco products, perfume, lamp oil, and much more. It is crucial for a player to quickly, as not much profit is attained until reaching the merchant stage. Players can trade with other opponents settling under the Queens name, all foreign cultures are on small or medium islands, and cannot leave their island. Liang Wu and his Asians are found on islands in the north of the island world and they trade the colonial good Jade, and purchase food. Poxacoatl and his Aztecs live on islands in the zone, are few in number. They trade the colonial goods Talismans, and purchase cloth and horses, amin Sahir and his Indians have a small settlement on one of the islands in the southern end of the island world. Their Indian Ivory is a desirable colonial good, tetonka and his Iroquois are situated in a dense forest on one of the islands in the northern zone of the island world. The Iroquois trade furs, and purchase products and weapons. Ramirez and his Pirates take refuge in expertly concealed hideouts in the zone of the island world. Due to their nature they take rich rewards from raids
5. Anno 1701: Dawn of Discovery – Anno 1701, Dawn of Discovery is a real-time strategy video game of the Anno franchise for the Nintendo DS. It is published by Disney Interactive and makes use of the systems touch-screen capabilities. There are three game mode options, consisting of a mode, continuous play, and multiplayer. It has been released in Europe, Australia, Canada and the United States, the player begins with a ship stocked with the necessary items to start a settlement. The player is able to order it to explore until he/she finds an island that is suitable for settling and building a new colony, if the settlers are satisfied with everything they need, they will go up to the next stage. As they move through each stage, they demand more things. In continuous play mode the player can choose up to three rivals, which will advance about the rate as the player. As the settlers advance through each stage of settlement, the player can build warships and send to possessed island and build beachheads, if the player captures all of them, the island is theirs. The story mode is similar, but the needs to fulfill specific tasks to proceed. Metacritic recorded a score of 78/100 based on 14 reviews, IGN gave it 7. 8/10, calling it versatile and lots of fun
6. Anno 2070 – Anno 2070 is a city-building and economic simulation game, with real-time strategy elements. It is the 5th game of the Anno series and it was released on 17 November 2011, and was co-developed by the German studios Related Designs and Ubisoft Blue Byte, and published by Ubisoft. Anno 2070 requires Uplay to operate, the scenario is set in the year 2070. Global warming has melted the Arctic ice cap, which has raised the sea level so that the coasts were flooded. As a result, many old cities have vanished under the ocean, responsibility for settling and exploiting these new frontiers is given to a select group of people, who captain mobile ocean-going bases known as Arks. The game has three factions, The Eden Initiative, Global Trust, and the S. A. A. T, Ecos are environmental and build sustainable cities, but are inefficient and slow to expand. Tycoons are industrious and expand quickly, but have problems with pollution, the Tech is a support faction available to the other two, and they are useful in researching the latest and most powerful technologies. The Techs are only later in the game when 10,000 credits are donated to their cause. In Anno 2070, politics are no longer defined by countries, boundaries, religions, races, etc. all humankind rally under one global government where the three main factions of the game control the worlds decisions. Players can also vote for a World President and vote in Senate Council, participation will give different effects to all players, depending on who is president or what bill was passed, until the next cycle of voting begins. For example, voting for the Tycoons CEO Skylar Banes will increase productivity of manufacturing buildings, players can also gain achievement and rewards from just playing the game. Players can customize their Ark to fit personal preference, which is only for aesthetics, resources and technology upgrades can be carried on Arks, and be used in another game in Continuous Mode. The gameplay includes World Events, special missions offered only for a time, allowing all players to band together. Completing missions will reward players depending on how many people participate, first event, Neo Skullz Pirates - players answer the World Councils call to war against pirates who threaten humanity with nuclear missiles. Second event, Project Eden - players help the Eden Initiative activate Former technologies, third event, Global Distrust - players help the Global Trust to prevent a global recession by expanding trade and decrease taxes to attract more inhabitants. Fourth event, The Nordamark Conflict - players need to mediate a confrontation between Global Trust and Eden Initiative in a region called Nordamark with diplomats and a nuclear submarine, Orca. Fifth event, The Secret of the Ebashi Trench - players help the Tech faction to develop a power plant. This event is the prelude of the Deep Ocean expansion, there are also Current Events, where a player can complete a particular quest for one of the three factions to gain rewards
7. Anno 2205 – Anno 2205 is a city-building and economic simulation game, with real-time strategy elements, developed by Ubisoft Blue Byte and published by Ubisoft. 2205 is the game of the Anno series, and was released worldwide on 3 November 2015. As with Anno 2070, the game is set in the future, Anno 2205 is a futuristic city-building video game similar to Anno 2070, as opposed to the previous installments which feature a historical setting. In the game, players take on the role of a leader from a corporation, at the beginning of the game, players are tasked to build different metropolises on Earth. Population increases when more buildings are built, and players are tasked to satisfy, similar to SimCity, different parts can be added to buildings to enhance their functions. Upgrading the production structures of buildings can also improve their efficiency. When citizens demands were satisfied, they are able to produce more goods, resources of the moon, such as Helium-3, are vital to the development of the cities on earth and can be sent back to earth. Gameplay differs when players are establishing an outpost in the regions or on the moon. In the arctic regions players must manage the areas of the outpost. As the moon lacks an atmosphere and features a grimmer environment than Earth, building a city on the moon requires erecting asteroid shields, Anno 2205 also includes a fully functional day and night cycle for different visuals. The game also introduces a session mode, which player to control. Resources vary in different sessions, as a result, players must set up routes between different colonies, so that resources and raw materials from a city can be used in another city. The cities in the game are five larger than the ones in its predecessors. Pollution, as well as the gameplay featured in Anno 2070 was removed from 2205 due to the addition of the moon as a playable environment. Bridges can be built to connect cities, while buildings can be upgraded via using different modules, upon completion, the upgraded buildings can produce more goods. Information in 2205 is presented instead of utilizing text like the previous installments. Citizens demands appear as images or icons, happiness of citizens influence their actions. If they are happy, they can be travelling around the city
8. Anno: Create A New World – Anno, Create a New World, also known as Dawn of Discovery in North America, is a real-time strategy and city-building game for the Nintendo DS and the Wii. It was developed by Keen Games and is published by Ubisoft and it is a spinoff of the well-known Anno series. It takes place in year 1404, where King Georges land suffers from drought, with the agreement of his father, William heads south, where he discovers the Oriental culture. He befriends the locals and, in return, they teach William new technologies, however, the Sultan is suddenly kidnapped, and his aggressive sister takes over control of the Orient. She cuts all friendly relations with Georges empire and expresses a desire to attack, having not totally met his needs for resources, George sends both of his sons abroad to procure more goods for his empire in whatever manner possible, in order to be prepared for imminent battle. Official US site Official UK site