Pages in category "DNSSEC"
The following 97 pages are in this category, out of 97 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 97 pages are in this category, out of 97 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. .ag – . ag is the Internet country code top-level domain for Antigua and Barbuda. Registrations can be made at the second level directly beneath. ag, there are no restrictions on who can register. Aktiengesellschaft, abbreviated AG, is a German term that refers to a corporation that is limited by shares, i. e. owned by shareholders, the term is used in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. It also has a use for other domain hacks for English words that end in -ag. The Heritage Foundation uses. ag for URL shortening, a German court ruled in July 2004 in second instance that a. ag domain may only be registered by an Aktiengesellschaft and more precisely by an AG that has the same name as the domain. That means that a company with shareholders in Germany with the name X AG, list of. AG Registrars IANA. ag whois information
2. .br – . br is the Internet country code top-level domain for Brazil. It was administered by the Brazilian Internet Steering Committee until 2005 when it started being administered by Brazilian Network Information Center, a local contact is required for any registration. Registrations of domain names with Portuguese characters are also accepted, with the exception of universities, the second-level domain is fixed and selected from a list that defines the category. For example, site. art. br is in the art category, institutions of tertiary education were allowed to use the ccSLD. edu. br, although some use. com. br and others use. br. There are also some few exceptions that were allowed to use the second level domain until the end of 2000. As of April 2010, most domain registrations ignore categories and register in the. com. br domain, the. jus. br, and. b. br domains have mandatory DNSSEC use. Created and delegated to Brazil in 1989 by Jon Postel, initially the domain was operated manually by Registro. br, originally, only researchers and institutions to which they belonged had the interest and ability to adopt the new system and register domains under. br. At the time, networks prevalent in the Brazilian academic setting were the BITNET, the HEPnet, as such, even before Brazil officially connected to the Internet in 1991, the. br domain was used to identify the machines participating in networks already in use by academics. The registration system was automated in 1997 and was developed using open source software, in 2017, accounts associated with DNS records of Brazilian banks were hacked. Kasperskys researchers pointed out to a vulnerability in NIC. brs website, nICs director at the time, Frederico Neves, denied that NIC. br was hacked, although NIC admitted the vulnerability. To register any domains under. br, it is necessary to enter into contact with Registro. br, Entities legally established in Brazil as a company or a physical person that has a contact within Brazil can register domains. Foreign companies that have a legally established in Brazil can also do it by following specific rules. The registration of domains with special Portuguese characters is accepted since 2005, minimum of 2 and maximum of 26 characters, not including the category. For example, in the field XXXX. COM. BR, valid characters are, the hyphen, and the following accented characters, à, á, â, ã, é, ê, í, ó, ô, õ, ú, ü, ç. To maintain the integrity of the registry, Registro. br sets up an equivalence mapping to compare domain names with, the mapping is done by converting accented characters and the cedilla for their non-accented versions and c, respectively, and discards hyphens. A new domain will only be allowed to be registered when there is no equivalent to a pre-existing domain, ATO. BR - Actors B. BR - Exclusively for banking environment use. BIO. BR - Biologists BLOG. BR - Blogs BMD. BR - Biomedics CIM. BR - Realtors CNG. BR - Scenographers CNT. BR - Accountants COM. BR - Commercial websites in general and individuals. COOP. BR - Cooperatives ECN. BR - Economy EDU. BR - Higher education institutions ENG. BR - Engineers ESP. BR - Sports ETC. BR - Entities that do not fit in other categories ETI. BR - I. T
3. .bz – . bz is the Internet country code top-level domain for Belize. It is administered by the University of Belize, currently, the registry is in Belize, but is still marketing the domain outside the country as meaning business. Internationalized domains with an assortment of non-ASCII characters are also available. Many websites in Italy use this domain, because of the abbreviation of Bolzano, the capital of the province of South Tyrol, many websites use the Italian subdomain. bz. it. Servers for the Open Source game BZFlag often use names ending in. bz. There are some second-level domains in use, however these are not required, com. bz edu. bz gov. bz net. bz org. bz IANA. bz whois information ICANN advisory about lawsuit. bz Requirements and FAQs
4. .fr – . fr is the Internet country code top-level domain in the Domain Name System of the Internet for France. The rules for registering French domains changed on December 6,2011, existing registrations in these subdomains can continue to be renewed. Registrations are processed via accredited registrars
5. .gl – . gl is the country code top-level domain in the Domain Name System of the Internet for Greenland. The domain is available for Internet services worldwide and registrations are handled by ICANN accredited domain name registrars, the domain name has sometimes been marketed as standing for good luck, graphics library, Galicia or the Galician language, or Gloucestershire. In December 2009, Google released a URL shortener service using the domain hack goo. gl
6. .in – . in is the Internet country code top-level domain for India. The domain is operated by INRegistry under the authority of NIXI, INRegistry was appointed by the government of India. As of 2005, liberalised policies for the. in domain allow unlimited second-level registrations under. in, as of March 2010, the number had increased to over 610,000 domain names, with 60% of registrations coming from India, and the rest from overseas. By October 2011, the number had surpassed 1 million domain names, as of March 2016 the number has more than doubled to over 2 million domain names. The domain. nic. in is reserved for Indias National Informatics Centre, India plans to introduce internationalised domain names, that is domain names in 22 local languages used in India. These internationalised domain names will be used together with fifteen new top domains for India and these top domains are. भारत, became available with the following zones. இந்தியா, available as of 2015. The rest are yet not available. ভারত. ਭਾਰਤ. ભારત. భారత్. بھارت In 2016 an application for eight further domains were accepted and they are not yet available. ಭಾರತ. ভাৰত بارت. ഭാരതം. ଭାରତ. भारतम्. भारोत ڀارت
7. .asia – . asia is the official designated regional domain extension for Asia and the Pacific. The. Asia web address was introduced to the public through a comprehensive launch involving a multiphased Sunrise and it became available on a first-come-first-served registration basis on March 26,2008. It offered businesses and individuals an opportunity to own and build on any. Asia domain before the TLD opened its doors to mass public registration, applicants were asked to submit a brief business plan for the domain of choice and make a marketing deposit of US$10,000. The full deposit was returned to successful applicants against proof of marketing attributed to the promotion of the built out. Asia website. The Pioneer Domains Program marks the first time ever a domain registry is opening its doors for domains based on the quality of proposals received for any name of choice. Similar programs were implemented by other domain launches since. Asia founded the first Pioneer Domains Program on July 20,2007 and it offered businesses and individuals an opportunity to own and build on any. Asia domain before the TLD opened its doors to mass public registration. Applicants were asked to submit a business plan for the domain of choice. The full deposit was returned to successful applicants against proof of marketing attributed to the promotion of the built out. Asia website. The Pioneer Domains Program marks the first time ever a domain registry is opening its doors for domains based on the quality of proposals received for any name of choice. Similar programs were implemented by other domain launches since, while the. Asia TLD aims to serve Asian communities worldwide as avowed on their website. Beyond the region itself. Asia appeals to Asian communities globally, including Asian Americans, Chinatowns, Korean Towns, Little Indias, the registry has adopted the boundaries as defined by ICANN for the Asia / Australia / Pacific region as a basis for its scope of eligibility. Every. Asia domain must be associated with a Charter Eligibility Contact to be eligible, allegations of insider trading and conflict of interest have been levelled at Pool. com, exclusive auction service provider for the. Asia Sunrise and Landrush. Mr Schreier specifies that he not have any ownership interest in the corporations involved. As of 15 May 2008, it is unclear whether Mr Schreier has control over the domains in question, if there is such an affiliation, it would almost certainly be illegal under Australian competition law. com. These claims would have been validated by the. ASIA validation partner and where multiple applications were received, over 10,000 domains were applied during the Sunrise and Landrush launch. Chinese, Japanese and Korean. Asia IDN domains started selling on a basis on June 21,2012. Asia plans to launch other Asian language IDN. Asia domains at a later date. The DotAsia Organisation, registry operator of the. Asia domain, is a not-for-profit, membership-based organization with a mandate to promote Internet development and adoption in Asia. DotAsia is headquartered in Hong Kong and formed as an open consortium of national / official top-level domain authorities around the region
8. .be – . be is the Internet country code top-level domain for Belgium. The domain became active in 1989 and was administrated by Pierre Verbaeten of the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, in 2000, the control of the TLD was transferred to DNS Belgium. As of June 2013 there are 1,392,477 registered domains and it was announced in November 2005 that the initial registration of domains would be free until the beginning of 2006, though with some limits on the number any individual was allowed to register. This was remarkably popular, with some 17,000 registrations coming in on the first day of the promotion, domain names are registered directly at second level. Some of Belgians main academic institutions, such as the Vrije Universiteit Brussel and the Université Libre de Bruxelles, use third-level names under ac. be, any. be registration has to be ordered via a registered agent. The domain has also been in use as a logo for the government since 2003. Only recognized UN member states are eligible for a two-letter domain extension, in October 2008, the Flemish government expressed its intention to obtain a three-letter domain code for Flanders, like. vla. vln or. fla. In 2014. vlaanderen and. brussels were added, also administered by DNSBelgium, on the website YouTube, a shortener for YouTube videos is youtu. be, for example www. youtube. com/watch. v= becomes youtu. be/. Google’s chrome experiment, for the 40th anniversary of the Rubiks cube, Chrome cube lab, features many domain hacks like Image Cube, IANA. be whois information List of. be registered agents
9. .bg – The domain name. bg is the country code top-level domain in the Domain Name System of the Internet for Bulgaria. It is currently operated by Register. BG, the price of domain registration is 30 euro per year. Until mid-2006, the price was 50 USD for one-time registration plus 50 USD per year, from August 25,2008, Register. BG simplified the procedures, allowing the registration of domain names in the. bg zone without providing documented grounds for the name. Eventual disputes are to be solved via the newly established Arbitration committee, since September 18,2006, Register. bg proposes new, third-level domains in the a. bg, b. bg, etc. subdomains, lower cost, with less restrictions and no dispute resolution. They are targeted mainly at private individuals, the domain has been enabled with Domain Name System Security Extensions since October 2007. On September 5,2009, Register. bg started accepting second- and third-level domain names in Cyrillic with letters found in the Bulgarian language only. бг IANA. bg whois information Register. bg
10. .cat – . cat is a sponsored top-level domain intended to be used to highlight the Catalan language and culture. Its policy has been developed by ICANN and Fundació puntCAT and it was approved in September 2005. Before. cat was available, and given the reluctance of certain Catalan institutions, companies, to solve this matter, in September 2005 the. cat TLD was approved, designed to meet the wishes and needs of the Catalan linguistic and cultural community on the Internet. This community is made up of those who use Catalan for their communications, and/or promote the different aspects of Catalan culture online. The initial registration period went from February 13,2006, to April 21,2006, the registry was open to everybody starting April 23,2006. The. cat domain is not territorial, but applies to the whole Catalan-speaking community, in order to be granted a. cat domain, one needs to belong to the Catalan linguistic and cultural community on the Internet. Develop activities to promote the Catalan culture and language, are endorsed by 3 people or 1 institution already using a. cat domain name. Despite the restrictions, the domain has been exploited for feline-related domain hacks, information and register process Peter Gerrand,2006, Cultural diversity in cyberspace, The Catalan campaign to win the new. cat top level domain The European Cultural and Linguistic Domains Network
11. .cl – . cl is the Internet country code top-level domain for Chile. It was created in 1987 and is administered by the University of Chile, registration of names including accented letters, ñ and ü was opened up in 2005. Since April 2011, it supports DNSSEC, the zone is signed, microsoft uses it in a domain hack for its social networking service so. cl. In the Hurricane Electric report from May 2012, it appears as IPv6 enabled domain, internationalized domain name Internet in Chile NIC Chile is currently the domain registrar for the. cl ccTLD IANA. cl whois information Syntax rules for domain names under. CL in NIC Chile site