Category:Electro house musicians
Pages in category "Electro house musicians"
The following 81 pages are in this category, out of 81 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 81 pages are in this category, out of 81 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. Avicii – Tim Bergling, better known by his stage name Avicii, is a Swedish musician, DJ, remixer and record producer. Bergling was ranked third on DJ Mag in 2012 and 2013 and has been nominated twice for a Grammy Award, once for his work on Sunshine with David Guetta in 2012 and once for his song Levels in 2013. Some of his most famous songs are I Could Be the One with Nicky Romero, Wake Me Up, You Make Me, X You, Hey Brother, Addicted to You, The Days, The Nights, Levels and Waiting for Love. He released his studio album, True, in 2013. It received generally positive reviews music critics, peaked within the top ten in more than fifteen countries and topped the Australian, Swedish, Danish. In 2015, Bergling released his studio album, Stories. Tim Bergling was born on 8 September 1989 in Stockholm, Sweden, to Klas Bergling, in May 2007, Avicii signed on with the Dejfitts Plays label. Then, in 2010, Bergling released the hit song Seek Bromance, which reached the top 20 in several countries including Belgium, France, the Netherlands, United Kingdom and he also remixed Nadia Alis classic single Rapture for her album Queen of Clubs Trilogy, Onyx Edition. In October 2010, Bergling signed with the European A&R team with EMI Music Publishing, Bergling explained that the name Avicii means the lowest level of Buddhist hell” and he chose the moniker because his real name was already used upon creating his MySpace page. In 2011, Bergling released Levels, which launched him into the mainstream, the song was produced by Tim Bergling and contains a vocal sample from the 1962 gospel-inspired Somethings Got a Hold on Me by Etta James. The same vocal sample was used first by Pretty Lights in his 2006 song Finally Moving and this sample was also used by Drum and Bass producer Logistics on Call Me Back and by Flo Rida in his single Good Feeling, which was produced by DJ Prak and Cirkut. In 2012, his collaboration track Sunshine with David Guetta was nominated for a Grammy award under the category for Best Dance Recording and his track Fade into Darkness was sampled by Leona Lewis on her single Collide. The sampling was not accredited and led to controversy as Bergling attempted to block the singles release, however, the matter was resolved outside of court with representatives stating that Leona Lewis and Avicii will work together on the forthcoming single of Collide. On 23 March 2012, Berglings unsigned single Last Dance was previewed on Pete Tongs show on BBC Radio 1, the song was later released on 27 August 2012. At Ultra Music Festival 2012 in Miami, he premiered two tracks, Girl Gone Wild with Madonna and Superlove with Lenny Kravitz, aviciis UMF Remix of Girl Gone Wild was released on 20 April 2012, and Superlove with Kravitz was released on 29 May 2012. After reaching two million followers on Facebook, Bergling released a new song titled Two Million and it was put out as a free download on his official Soundcloud page. On 27 April 2012, Bergling released Silhouettes, the song featured vocals from Salem Al Fakir and peaked at number 5 on the UK Dance charts and number 4 on the Billboard Hot Dance Club Songs. Bergling was a performer on 4 August 2012 at Lollapalooza festival in Chicagos Grant Park
2. Calvin Harris – Adam Richard Wiles, known professionally as Calvin Harris, is a Scottish record producer, DJ, singer and songwriter. His debut studio album I Created Disco was released in June 2007 and its lead single Im Not Alone became his first number-one single on the UK Singles Chart. Harris rose to prominence with the release of his third studio album 18 Months in October 2012. Topping the UK charts, the album became his first to chart on the US Billboard 200 chart, Harris released his fourth studio album Motion in November 2014. It debuted at two in the UK and at number five in the US, and became Harriss second consecutive number one album on the US Dance/Electronic Albums chart. The albums first three singles Under Control, Summer and Blame all topped the UK chart, Harris has collaborated with numerous other recording artists. His collaboration with Rihanna We Found Love became an international success, Harris later collaborated with Rihanna on the singles Where Have You Been and This Is What You Came For. Harris currently holds the record for the most top 10 songs from one album on the UK Singles Chart with nine top 10 entries. In October 2014, he became the first artist to place three songs simultaneously on the top 10 of Billboards Dance/Electronic Songs chart and he also became the first British solo artist to reach more than one billion streams on Spotify. Harris has received ten Brit Award nominations—three for Best British Male and he received the British Academys Ivor Novello Award for Songwriter of the Year in 2013 and at the 2015 Billboard Music Awards was named Top Dance/Electronic Artist. Additionally, Harris topped Forbes list of the worlds highest-paid DJs for three years from 2013 to 2015. One of the most successful musicians in contemporary British popular culture, Harris runs his own record label, Fly Eye Records. Adam Richard Wiles was born on 17 January 1984 in Dumfries and his parents, David Wiles, a biochemist, and Pamela, a homemaker, married in Oxford before moving to the Dumfries suburb of Georgetown. He has a sister, Sophie, and an older brother. He attended Dumfries High School, and after leaving school he stacked shelves in supermarkets and he was first attracted to electronic music in his teens and began recording bedroom demos in 1999. When Harris was 18 he released two songs Da Bongos and Brighter Days, both were released as 12-inch club singles and CD-EPs by the label Prima Facie in early 2002 under the name Stouffer. With these singles to his credit, Harris moved from Scotland to London, Only one of his songs was released during his time in London, Let Me Know with vocalist Ayah Marar on the Unabombers 2004 live-mix CD Electric Soul, Vol.2. With the lack of job opportunities and money, Harris returned home to Dumfries, Harris signed contracts with Three Six Zero Group, EMI and Sony BMG in 2006 after he had been discovered on the social networking website Myspace
3. Deadmau5 – Joel Thomas Zimmerman, better known by his stage name deadmau5, is a Canadian record producer and DJ from Toronto, Ontario. Zimmerman produces a variety of styles within the house genre. His tracks have been included in compilation albums, such as the 2007 In Search of Sunrise 6. The February 2008 issue of Mixmags music magazine included a free CD which was titled MixMag Presents, tracks have also been included and presented on Armin van Buurens A State of Trance radio show. His debut album, Get Scraped, was released in 2005, Zimmerman has received six Grammy Award nominations for his work. He has worked with other DJs and producers, such as Kaskade, MC Flipside, Rob Swire, on a number of releases, he has partnered with Melleefresh. An early 12 single produced on vinyl titled I Dont Want No Other was released by Joel Zimmerman and Derek Caesar under the group name Dred, a 2006 album titled deadmau5 Circa 1998-2002 was released using the alias Halcyon441. Deadmau5 is a music artist like Marshmello and Daft Punk. Zimmerman was born in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada and his mother, Nancy, is a visual artist, and his father, Rodney Thomas Rod Zimmerman, is a General Motors plant worker. He has two siblings, Jennifer and Chris and his ancestry includes German, Swiss, and English. He received his first keyboard for Christmas when he was a teenager and his music career began in the late 1990s, with a chiptune and demoscene movements-influenced sound with the Impulse Tracker. Zimmerman graduated from Westlane Secondary School in Niagara Falls and he then worked with an online music licensing company and as a programmer. He adopted the name Deadmau5, which referred to a mouse he found in his computer. In late 2012, a 1995 demo track by Zimmerman called Cant Remember The Name resurfaced on YouTube, Zimmerman released his debut studio album, titled Get Scraped on July 26,2005. Tracks Bored of Canada, Intelstat and I Forget reappear on this album as is, three self-released compilations, Project 56, deadmau5 Circa 1998-2002, and A Little Oblique, were finished in 2006, with Project 56 seeing an official release in February 2008. In 2006, Zimmerman signed to Play Records and released his studio album, Vexillology. Random Album Title, saw a release in September 2,2008 via Ultra Records in the United States and Ministry of Sound in the United Kingdom. Physical copies of the album were released in November 2008, singles Faxing Berlin on October 25,2006 and Not Exactly on August 27,2007 were released prior to the albums release
4. Icona Pop – Icona Pop is a Swedish electropop duo that formed in 2009, with electro house, punk and indie pop music influences. The two members Caroline Hjelt and Aino Jawo, who grew up in Stockholm, create music you can laugh and cry to at the same time. They signed to TEN Music Group in 2009 and their biggest hit to date has been I Love It. The duo received international attention following their debut single Manners, released by Neon Gold on French label Kitsuné, since September 2012, the duo have been based in the United States, in Los Angeles and New York City. Caroline Hjelt and Aino Jawo attended the music school in Stockholm. Four weeks later, they had songs for their very first performance as a duo. Two years later, the duo described their music as classical pop melodies with drums, the press, including NME, The Guardian, Rolling Stone and Pitchfork Media, have praised the duo. The Guardian described the debut single Manners as effortlessly cool, the duo has worked in the studio with producers including Style of Eye, Patrik Berger, Elof Loelv and Starsmith. In fall 2012, the duo released an extended play Iconic in the US, the duo have performed in Sweden, the US, the UK, Germany, Italy, Canada, and Hong Kong and have also been interviewed by Swedish and foreign press. I Love It, a pre-release of their debut album Icona Pop charted on Sverigetopplistan. The second single Ready for the Weekend was released on 11 September 2012, both tracks appear on their second extended-play album, released on 16 October 2012. I Love It was also used in the advert for the Samsung Galaxy S4 and their EP Iconic EP reached a peak height of 21 on the U. S. iTunes dance chart. In 2013, they embarked on a tour of the United States with Passion Pit, in January 2013, I Love It was featured in the third episode of the second season of Girls, an HBO show created by Lena Dunham. In March 2013, the duo was named one of Fuse televisions 30 must-see artists at the South by Southwest festival, in March 2013, I Love It was featured in the sixteenth episode of the fourth season, named Bring It On, of The Vampire Diaries. On 26 March 2013, I Love It was performed on the week 2 results show of Dancing with the Stars. On 3 May 2013, the duo performed I Love It on the talk show. On 6 May 2013, I Love It was featured in the FOX musical-comedy series, the song was performed by the New Directions in Glees twenty-second and final episode of season four, All or Nothing. This song is featured in a 2013 ShoeDazzle commercial, on 19 May 2013 the duo performed I Love It on the Billboard Music Awards, wearing custom light up garments by designer Geoffrey Mac
5. Justice (band) – Not to be confused with the American hip hop emcee Just-Ice. Justice is a French electronic music duo consisting of Gaspard Augé, the duo is the most successful group on Ed Banger Records and is managed by the labels head, Pedro Winter. Justice is known for incorporating a strong rock and indie influence into its music, the bands debut album † was released in June 2007 to critical acclaim. The album was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Electronic/Dance Album and came in at number 15 on Pitchforks Top 50 Albums of 2007. It was nominated for the 2007 Shortlist Prize, losing out to The Reminder by Feist, the bands remix of the MGMT song Electric Feel won the Grammy Award for Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical in 2009. In September 2009, it was announced that Justice would be moving to WMG/Atlantics newly relaunched Elektra Records label, the band reportedly started to work on its second album in mid-2010. The first single entitled Civilization was released on 28 March 2011, the band released its second album, Audio, Video, Disco, on 24 October 2011. This was followed by the album on 7 May 2013. Justice announced their album, Woman, through their Facebook page. Justice first produced tracks together for Musclorvisions Hits Up to You, the compilation included two of their songs, and a track by Augés alter-ego Microloisir. Justice first came to prominence through its 2003 remix of Simians track Never Be Alone, the remix resulted in the group being signed to Ed Banger and became a hit in clubs and on the Internet. The track was re-released in 2006 with additional remixes, the duos prolific remix work continued, as it turned in mixes for Franz Ferdinand, Mystery Jets, Soulwax, and Mr. Oizo. Justice won the award for Best Video at the MTV Europe Music Awards 2006 for Justice vs. Simian – We Are Your Friends. Augé and de Rosnay were not present at the ceremony, Justices debut album, titled †, was released on Ed Banger Records on 11 June 2007. The album was released in the United States on Downtown/Ed Banger, the album was preceded by the D. A. N. C. E. EP, released on 28 May 2007, which featured the tracks Phantom, D. A. N. C. E. was nominated for Video of the Year at the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards. On 1 November, Justice received the Video Star award at the European Music Awards in Munich and was named the Best French Act of the Year, Justice was chosen to do a mix for the Fabriclive series in 2008, but Fabric rejected it. De Rosnay said that, hey werent ready for something like this, now titled Justice Xmas Mix, the mix is available on the Internet
6. Porter Robinson – Porter Robinson is an American DJ, record producer and musician from Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Robinson has released multiple number one singles across different electronic genres and his debut album, Worlds, was released on August 12,2014. On March 20,2015, he was named MTVu Artist of the Year and he is currently ranked number 90 on DJ Mags Top 100 DJs list for 2016. Robinson began producing at the age of 12, achieving international notice by the time he was 18 and his early influences include video gaming music, in particular, Dance Dance Revolution. He is a fan of anime and Japanese culture. Three of Robinsons records reached number one on Beatports overall chart before the time he was 21 and he currently lives in his hometown of Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Robinsons brother is Polygon video producer Nick Robinson, a self-taught producer, Robinson originally released a variety of original singles on Glamara Records and Big Fish Recordings. In 2011, he signed a deal with OWSLA, a new label operated by Skrillex. As the first release on OWSLA, it reached number one on the iTunes Dance chart as well as one on Beatports overall chart. Robinson next released a single, Language, on April 10,2012 through Big Beat Records in North America, the song rose to the #1 overall chart position on Beatport as well as the iTunes Dance chart. The single was premiered initially via a live BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix on January 27, the music video, directed by Jodeb, was released via Ministry of Sounds YouTube channel on August 1,2012. He co-wrote Zedds US top 10 hit Clarity, and also backing vocals on this song. The full official release occurred in Spring 2013, and was accompanied by a music video. Robinson has been commissioned for remixes by artists including Avicii. Porters debut studio album Worlds was released through Astralwerks and Virgin EMI on August 12,2014 and he made his official vocal debut on the single Sad Machine The Vocaloid software voice, AVANNA, was also used as a vocalist for this single. On June 21,2014, Robinson made his appearance on the BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix. On January 31,2016, Robinson announced on his Twitter account that he was producing new material after being stuck for a year, on August 11,2016, Robinson released a collaboration with fellow musician and friend Madeon titled Shelter. On October 14,2016, Robinson announced on his Twitter account that he had spent 2016 working on an animation with A-1 Pictures for Shelter and it was released on October 18,2016
7. Digitalism (band) – Digitalism are a German electronic music duo formed in Hamburg in 2004, consisting of Jens Jence Moelle and İsmail Isi Tüfekçi. The duo are signed to French label Kitsuné, as well as Virgin Records and their tracks and remixes are played by DJs such as Erol Alkan, Soulwax, Boys Noize and Justice. Digitalism have made appearances at such as Coachella, Lollapalooza, South by Southwest, Rhythm and Vines, Electric Picnic. Moelle has two releases on Kitsuné, I Ragazzi Del 1982 as Palermo Disko Machine and Wired as Jence. He has since released Vesuvia/Theme of Palermo Disko Machine as Palermo Disko Machine on Vulture Music, Moelle and Tüfekçi met at a record store in Hamburg and became friends. Later, the owner asked them to DJ a party. According to Moelle, they record their music in a World War II bunker they own in Hamburg, the album includes re-edits of the previously released singles Jupiter Room and Zdarlight as well as their Digitalism in Cairo original re-edit of a track by The Cure. The Pogo EP was released as a single in support of the album in May, Digitalism released their EP Blitz under Kitsuné on 8 November 2010. On 7 April 2011 they announced a new album, I Love You Dude, on 18 June, they played at the Hurricane Festival. These releases also featured 3 Digitalism remixes of their peers and a mix album that released on International Record label Studio. K7 featuring all, the DJ-Kicks album debuted the band in the German and UK Albums sales charts. The majority of the music was written and recorded in Los Angeles during the Winter, in January 2014, Digitalism released Fahrenheit 32 exclusively on their Soundcloud profile and announcement of a tour in the US and period of recording. The release of Fahrenheit 32 was a success for Digitalism, featuring on BBC Radio, KCRW. During the Winter of 2014, the once more relocated from Hamburg, Germany to Los Angeles. In May 2014 the band released Wolves featuring US indie act Youngblood Hawke, debuting in Germany and receiving radio playlist support in the US on KCRW and Sirius XM. On 4 March 2016 the duo announced their first album in five years entitled Mirage, released on 13 May, along with promotional singles Utopia and Battlecry. On 7 March 2016, the announced the Mirage world tour in support of the album, including dates in France, Germany, the United States, the United Kingdom. The first official video for the Mirage campaign was for Utopia, Digitalism cite Daft Punk and film soundtracks as influences, as well as computer game music, Ennio Morricone, The Strokes, Stewart Price and Roule Records. The song Zdarlight is not named after Philippe Zdar of Cassius, rather, it is named after the word starlight, but with a slightly different spelling
8. Alek Sandar – Alek Sandar, whose birth name is Aleksandar Nikolov, is a music producer, songwriter and recording artist. Born in Sofia, Bulgaria, Alek Sandar has been raised in Germany, Alek is known for his singles P. O. R. N. Creature In Me, Say That You Love Me, Peaceful Place, It Aint Over & You, desi Slava, who is considered to be one of the greatest voices of contemporary Bulgarian music. Alek Sandar is co-founder of the German Berlin-based dance / pop music label Splendid Sounds Records and has produced music for Universal Music Germany, Payner Music Bulgaria. In 2010 and 2011, Alek Sandar produced the album “Beast“ for German recording artist Oscar Loya, Alek Sandar further produced remixes for UK based musician Frankmusik, French artist Jérémy Amelin, Australian singer Kimbra and Bulgarian singer Andrea. In 2013 -2016, Alek charted very big hits in Bulgaria as a songwriter, Kamelia, Nepovtorim by Kamelia and Parata Ako Hvana by Galin. in 2016, Parata Ako Hvana won a Planeta TV Award for Club Hit of the Year. Alek Sandar was born in Sofia, Bulgaria on June 13,1987, Sandar started playing the piano and singing in the Bulgarian National Group Radiodeca at the early age of 5 years. At the age of 8, Alek Sandar composed his first song, in the same year, Alek Sandar had his very first appearance in the prestigious TV show Kato Luvovete in front of a national audience. In the following years, Alek Sandar was the Bulgarian voice-over of “Roo” in Disney’s Winnie-the-Pooh, in 1995, Alek and his family moved to Oldenburg, Germany, where his father works as an opera singer until today. In Oldenburg, Alek Sandar took acting classes and played leading roles in productions of the German National Theater Oldenburgisches Staatstheater. While always excelling in school, Alek Sandar spun records as a DJ at school parties and smaller clubs in Northern Germany for several years, at the age of 17, Alek Sandar composes two pop songs for the Serbian-Bulgarian Diva Reni. Encouraged by his first international success, Alek Sandar moves to Berlin where he meets Jonathan Wuermeling and they form the Electropop duo Splendid Sounds in 2008 and while performing in various nightclubs in Berlin, they release their album and remix EP Scream. In 2009, the French record label X-Cite Records request Alek Sandar to create a Splendid Sounds club remix for French Star Academy celebrity Jérémy Amelin, in 2010, Alek Sandar produces another track for Balkan singer Reni and remixes the song Neblagodaren for Bulgarian singer Andrea. At the same time, Alek Sandar collaborates closely with German singer Oscar Loya and he produces 10 songs for Oscars solo album Beast. Two years later, Learn Something New, one of tracks, is released again along with a Remix bundle by the L. A. -based US music label Citrusonic Stereophonic in January 2013. In 2011, Alek Sandar and Jonathan Wuermeling found the independent record label Splendid Sounds Records, in the same year, Alek produces a Remix for Cherrytree-signed musician Frankmusik and Far East Movement, released by Universal Music Germany. With the creation of Splendid Sounds Records, Alek Sandar begins a career as a singer under the name of Alek Sandar. The video makes a big impact in his home country Bulgaria, in June 2012, Alek Sandar is the opening act of the New York Music Festival and New Music Seminar in Webster Hall, New York, making him the first Bulgarian to have participated in this festival