Category:Eurovision Song Contest entrants of 1985
Pages in category "Eurovision Song Contest entrants of 1985"
The following 26 pages are in this category, out of 26 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 26 pages are in this category, out of 26 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. Albano Carrisi – Albano Carrisi, better known as Al Bano, is an Italian singer, actor, and winemaker. In 2016, he was awarded Albanian citizenship due to his ties with the country. He was born in the town of Cellino San Marco, where he still lives and his mother Iolanda Ottino named him Albano because, when he was born, his father Carmelo Carrisi was fighting in Albania for the Royal Italian Army during World War II. He has one brother, Franco Carrisi and he made his debut in 1966 both as a singer, at the Festival delle Rose, and on television. He won the Disco per lEstate, an Italian song contest and he recorded some major hits such as La siepe and Nel sole at that time. Nel sole sold 600,000 copies in Italy within three months of release in 1967, and eventually over one million copies, and was awarded a gold disc in July 1968, soon afterwards, he started a musical collaboration with Romina Power, whom he married in 1970. After their marriage, they recorded Storia di due innamorati and they sang as the duo Al Bano & Romina Power for almost thirty years, their work has been especially popular in Italy, Austria, France, Spain, Romania and Germany. They released Dialogo in 1975 and took part in the Eurovision Song Contest 1976 with the song Well Live It All Again and they sang Sharazan in 1981 and the following year they took part in the Sanremo Music Festival with the song Felicità, which came second. They won first prize in 1984 singing Ci sarà and again took part in the Eurovision Song Contest 1985 with Magic Oh Magic, both their Eurovision entries placed 7th. Other hits of 1987 include, Nostalgia canaglia and Libertà and those successful songs were followed by Cara terra mia, which came in third once more at the 1989 Sanremo Music Festival, and Oggi sposi which placed 8th at the 1991 Sanremo Music Festival. Al Bano returned to his career in 1996 with È la mia vita which was followed by Verso il sole in 1997. He also played in Herşeye Rağmen music video of Sima, a Turkish singer in 1997, in 2000, Al Bano returned to the Eurovision stage, providing backing vocals for the Swiss entry La vita cosè. This song placed 20th out of 24 in the contest, on 16 October 2001, Carrisi was nominated Goodwill Ambassador of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. In 2005, he starred in the Italian reality show Lisola dei Famosi with his daughter, Al Bano returned to Sanremo Music Festival in 2007, where he sang Nel perdono which came in second place. Al Bano still tours all over the world and he is a constant on Italian television and has a large number of fans who follow his career very closely. To date Al Bano has sold 165 million albums around the world, Al Bano has visited Albania a number of times. He was there for a concert in 1989 and has been enjoying great popularity there, in June 2016 it was announced that Al Bano was granted Albanian citizenship due to his close ties with the country and career successes in Albania. Al Bano grew up listening and had a passion for opera
2. Romina Power – Romina Francesca Power is an American singer and actress born in Los Angeles. She has been part of the successful musical duo Al Bano. Born in Los Angeles, Romina Power is the eldest daughter of American screen idol Tyrone Power and his second wife and her interest in music was evoked in her childhood by American musicals from the 1950s, Mexican Mariachi bands and Italian music from the 1960s. In her early teens, Power discovered The Beatles and Bob Dylan, after receiving a guitar as a birthday gift, she learned chords and wrote her first songs. She appeared in several mainly Italian-language films from the age of 14, including the 1968 adaptation of the Marquis de Sades novel Justine and she met her singer and actor husband Albano Carrisi whilst acting in films in the 1960s. Their biggest hits included Felicità, Sharazan, Tu soltanto tu, Ci sarà, Sempre sempre, between 2006 and 2007 she organized exhibitions of her paintings, mainly in Milan. At the same time she dedicated herself to directing her film Upaya, in spring 2007 Power bought a house in Sedona, Arizona and decided to leave Italy forever and move to the United States. The clamorous interview in which she revealed her plans was published in an Italian magazine Diva e donna. According to Romina, she was perceived by the Italian public merely as a performer of Il ballo del qua-qua, and for her it was difficult to establish herself in Italy as a painter and writer. Furthermore, she was disturbed by the attention of the local press, that published multiple articles with speculations about her private life. In a November 2009 interview she gave to Italian TV she stated she had considered, at least for some time, at present Romina Power is permanently living and working in the United States where she resides full-time. In the fall of 2012 her album Da lontano was released, in the summer of 2013 Al Bano and Romina Power reunited, reportedly only on a professional basis and for one final time, for a concert performance in Moscow. In 2015 Al Bano and Romina Power reunited again for a guest appearance in the Sanremo Festival, Romina is a polyglot who speaks five languages, English, Italian, Spanish, French and Dutch. Menage allitaliana Come imparai ad amare le donne Per amore. per magia
3. Elisabeth Andreassen – Elisabeth Gunilla Andreassen, also known as just Bettan, is a Swedish-Norwegian singer who has finished both first and second in the Eurovision Song Contest. Her talent was discovered in 1979 by Swedish musician and TV host Lasse Holm and she was produced by Bert Karlssons label Mariann Grammofon AB. In 1980, she joined Lasses group Chips, Chips participated in the Eurovision Song Contest 1982 with the song Dag efter dag, and reached 8th place. Andreassen is active in musical genres such as country, schlager. She is mostly famous from Eurovision Song Contest 1985 when she and Hanne Krogh participated as Bobbysocks with the song La det swinge, Andreassen has sung in various genres such as country, pop, rock and in musicals. She plays three instruments, guitar, piano and contrabass and she has also been a revue and musical artist. Bettan has a record as the woman with the most participations in the Eurovision Song Contest, tied with Lys Assia and Sue of Peter and she has participated four times, three times in duets and once on her own. Born on 28 March 1958 in Gothenburg, Sweden, to Norwegian parents and she lives in Ullern, Oslo in Norway with her two daughters, born in 1995 and 1997 respectively. Elisabeth and married Tor Andreassen on 2 July 1994 and before that Elisabeth was known as Elisabeth Andreasson, on 13 June 2016 Tor Andreassen died of a heart attack. Chips - God morgon, 2nd place 1982, Chips - Dag efter dag, 1st place 1984. Elisabeth Andreassen - Kärleksmagi, 6th place 1990, Elisabeth Andreassen - Jag ser en stjärna falla, 7th place 2000. Kikki, Bettan & Lotta - Vem é dé du vill ha, Elisabeth Andreassen - Vaken i en dröm 1985. Bobbysocks - La det swinge, 1st place 1992, Bettan & Jan Werner - Duett, 1st place 1996. Elisabeth Andreassen - I evighet, 1st place 1998, Elisabeth Andreassen - Winds of the Northern Sea, 2nd place 2003. Kikki, Bettan & Lotta - Din hånd i min hånd, Elisabeth Andreassen & Tor Endresen - All over the world, 4th place 1982. Chips - Dag efter dag, 8th place, Sweden 1985, Bobbysocks - La det swinge, 1st place, Norway 1994. Elisabeth Andreassen & Jan Werner Danielsen - Duett, 6th place, Norway 1996
4. Bobbysocks! – Bobbysocks. is a Norwegian pop duo consisting of Norwegian Hanne Krogh and Swedish-Norwegian Elisabeth Andreassen. They won the Eurovision Song Contest 1985 with the song La det swinge, the duo was formed in 1983. Both Krogh and Andreassen were frequent Eurovision contestants, Krogh has appeared three times, all for Norway - in 1971 as a soloist, with Bobbysocks. in 1985 and as part of Just 4 Fun in 1991. Andreassen sang for Sweden as one half of Chips in 1982 and after winning with Bobbysocks, teamed up with Jan Werner Danielsen in 1994, the duos debut single was I Dont Wanna Break My Heart, released in a pink colored vinyl. The concept behind Bobbysocks. was to bring up to date songs from the 1950s with a swing mood and that idea was fully applied on their first LP Bobbysocks. Which was a mixture of covers and brand new songs, the scheduled next single was going to be Radio, but the plans were changed when the duo won the Eurovision Song Contest. Let It Swing topped the Norwegian singles chart, as well as it did in Belgium and it was a Top 10 in Sweden and Ireland, and a Top 20 in The Netherlands and Austria. It entered the UK singles charts on 25 May 1985, and rose to a high of Nº44 and it was also pressed in countries such as Germany, Japan and Australia. There were plans to release the single in USA, but it didnt happen at the end, in 1985, due to their ESC victory, Bobbysocks. Were awarded the Peer Gynt Prize, which is awarded by the Stortinget, another ESC consequence was the re-release of the Bobbysocks. LP with Let It Swing on it, reaching the Gold status, Walkin on Air, was recorded in L. A. in 1987 and produced by Bill Maxwell. It went Gold in only 4 days, becoming their 3rd, in 1988, Bobbysocks disbanded, after 4 successful years. However, Krogh and Andreassen still appeared time to time together on stage in Norway and they appeared at Congratulations, the 50th anniversary Eurovision concert in Copenhagen, Denmark, in October 2005. During May 2010, Bobbysocks did a comeback to celebrate their 25th anniversary since their ESC victory in 1985. Which included 2 newly recorded songs and peaking at Nº13 on the Norwegian album charts, helping to gain new fans not only in Norway. 1986, Waiting for the Morning 1987, Walkin on Air 2010, Let it Swing - The Best of Bobbysocks
5. Kikki Danielsson – Ann-Kristin Kikki Danielsson is a Swedish country, dansband and pop singer. Sometimes, she plays the accordion and she has also written some lyrics. She is also famous for yodeling in some songs, Kikki Danielsson gained her largest popularity in the Nordic region from the late 1970s until the late 1990s. She also gained popularity at the US country stage during the 1980s, in 1986, she had the Kikki i Nashville TV show. Danielsson was born in Osby, Sweden, and resides in Gävleborg, in total, she has participated nine times at the Swedish Melodifestivalen and one time at the Norwegian Melodi Grand Prix. She has participated in the Eurovision Song Contest twice, in 1982 and in the 1985 with the song Bra vibrationer, Kikki Danielsson was born in Osby, but was adopted and lived on a farm in Älmhult, Småland from the age of five. There, she became the child in the family while her younger sister was adopted to another place. As a child, she sang in the church choir. As a 17-year-old girl, Kikki Danielsson begun as a singer in dansband Nickies and in 1973 she switched to another dansband, Wizex, with which she participated at the Swedish Melodifestivalen 1978. She left Wizex in 1982, but as a member of the pop and country group Chips and she has also been a popular Svensktoppen artist, with hits as the Melodifestivalen songs, but also other songs, like Papaya Coconut in 1987. She willingly sings country and has contributed in radio and TV shows in the U. S. in the 1980s, during the second half of 1984, she married Swedish musician Kjell Roos, who led the dansband Roosarna, with which she sang between 1990 and 1999. In 1985 she gave birth to their first child, in late 1987 she released the Christmas album Min barndoms jular. Together with Roosarna, she had many Svensktoppen hits during the 1990s, in 1994, the dansband of the year prize at the Grammis was awarded to Kikki Danielsson & Roosarna. In 1999 she separated from Kjell Roos, however, the musical co-operation restarted in 2003. Kikki Danielsson has also sung at the 2001 Stockholm Pride and they also started a successful collaboration with the Swedish brand twilfit designing stretchy yet fashionable T-shirts. Totally, she has participated nine times at the Swedish Melodifestivalen, from 28 November to 17 December 2006 she toured Sweden with a band on the Julstämning med Kikki Christmas concert tour. Her periods of problems with alcohol have been a topic of the Scandinavian press, as has her weight problem. Because of her problem, she appeared in Du är vad du äter
6. Hot Eyes – Hot Eyes was the name adopted for international acts by the Danish singing duo known in their home country as Kirsten and Søren. It was formed by Kirsten Siggard and Søren Bundgaard, Søren was a musician, singer and composer, at that time a member of the Danish band Sir Henry. Both Sir Henry and Kirsten entered the Dansk Melodi Grand Prix, the song became known in Denmark as the swimming pool song, as at the end of the Dansk MGP performance Kirsten threw Søren into a swimming pool by the stage. They won the contest and therefore represented Denmark at the Eurovision Song Contest 1984, taking the fourth place and this was Denmarks best placing since 1963, when the countrys entry won the contest. Kirsten was actually pregnant with her first son while singing at Eurovision, riding on their popularity, they went on to win the Dansk MGP again in 1985 with Sku du spørg fra noen. - the only ever second win in a row. It was only then that Kirsten decided to give up her work in the bank, the song was notable for featuring Sørens nine-year-old daughter, Lea Bundgaard, who played a vital role in the performance. This time, however, they took only place at the ESC. In 1986 and 1987 Kirsten & Søren entered the Dansk MGP as well, in the meantime, Kirsten began her theatrical career, appearing in a theatre play as well as musicals such as Chess or Les Misérables. 1988 brought though was lucky for Hot Eyes, when their entry, Ka du se, hva jeg sa. won the Dansk MGP again, making them record three-time winners of the contest. At the Eurovision Song Contest 1988, they also placed very favorably, coming third, Kirsten was pregnant again, but this time much more visibly - she gave birth only three weeks after the performance. Even though the duo did not split officially until 1991, they did not record together after 1988, in 1989, Søren and Keld Heick wrote another song for the Dansk MGP together, but this time for Birthe Kjær, winning the contest again. They both appeared on stage as backing singers for Birthe, along with Lei and Lupe Moe, vi maler byen rød came third again at the Eurovision. Søren also tried his luck as composer in the 1993 and 1999 Dansk MGP, but did not win, Kirsten entered the Dansk MGP again in 1990 with Inden Længe by another composer and different in style, but failed to secure another ticket to Eurovision. The phone number viewers were using to vote for this song was revealed to have had technical problems. In 1992, she formed a trio named Swing Sisters with opera singer Kirsten Vaupel and actor Lise-Lotte Norup, with whom she toured Denmark and she also performed with Søren on several special occasions later, reprising some of the Hot Eyes hits. Kirstens solo career has gone from strength to strength, famous in Denmark for her award-winning portrayal of Édith Piaf in 1991. A new tour has been launched in January 2014 of a play called Spurven. The play focuses on the last 5 years of Piafs life and starts at the time of the car crash that Piaf was involved in
7. Hanne Krogh – Hanne Krogh Sundbø is a Norwegian singer and actress from Haugesund. She is well known for winning the Eurovision Song Contest 1985 with Elisabeth Andreassen, Krogh recorded her first album in 1970 when she was 14 and has been a fixture in Norwegian popular music since then. In 1971 she won the Norwegian Eurovision Song Contest selection, the Melodi Grand Prix, on this occasion she finished second last, but 14 years later she won the Eurovision Song Contest with Elisabeth Andreasson, whom together formed the duo Bobbysocks. She also represented Norway as a part of the quartet Just 4 Fun in the Eurovision Song Contest 1991, Krogh has released 19 albums, including a compilation, Hanne Krogh,40 beste in 1994, and many singles. Krogh with Andreassen performed live in Danish capital Copenhagen for the 50th Eurovision anniversary, another appearance of the duo was when they performed their winning melody at the city hall plaza in Oslo during the Eurovision concert in EuroPride 2005. She contributed to the 2011 album Mitt lille land and she is the mother of poker player Sverre Krogh Sundbø. Congratulations Europride Elisabeth Andreassen Official website Full discography Hanne Krogh at the Internet Movie Database
8. Paloma San Basilio – Paloma Cecilia San Basilio Martínez is a Spanish singer whose career has spanned five decades. She was awarded a Latin Grammy Award for lifetime excellence in Spanish music and she was born in Madrid, and at the age of six months the family moved to Seville, where she was raised until the age of eight. Her family then moved to Lugo and she starred in the Spanish-language premiere production of Andrew Lloyd Webbers Evita at Teatro Monumental in Madrid in 1980. The show later transferred to Barcelona and later to Mexico City, one of her first greatest hits was Juntos. She represented Spain at the Eurovision Song Contest 1985 in Gothenburg, Sweden, with the ballad La fiesta terminó, composed by Juan Carlos Calderón and she also starred in highly acclaimed Madrid productions of Man of La Mancha, My Fair Lady and Victor/Victoria. She is considered one of the best Spanish representatives in the history of the Eurovision Song Contest and she recorded a Live album with Plácido Domingo, several songs with José Carreras, and a particularly notable duet version of Soledad by Emilio José. In 2006, she won the special Latin Grammy, Excelencia Musical 2006, sombras Dónde vas Beso a beso