Category:Filipino pop singers
- Filipino singers|Pop]]
Pages in category "Filipino pop singers"
The following 72 pages are in this category, out of 72 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 72 pages are in this category, out of 72 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. Nora Aunor – Nora Aunor is a Filipino actress, recording artist, and film producer. Aunor has also appeared in stage plays, television shows. She is known as Philippine cinemas Superstar and is regarded as the Peoples National Artist, the Hollywood reporter magazine, called her The Grand Dame of Philippine Cinema for her brilliant performance in the movie Taklub. Aunor started her career in the Philippine entertainment industry as a singer after she won a singing contest. She made her debut with All Over the World and also guested in youth-oriented films produced by Vera-Perez Pictures. Aunor received 17 FAMAS Award nominations and was elevated to the Hall of Fame after winning five Best Actress Awards and she is the most nominated actress of Gawad Urian Awards with 20 nominations, winning seven. She has more nominations as Best Actress than any other Filipino actor in both FAMAS and Gawad Urian award giving bodies, in 1983, Aunor was recognized as one of the The Outstanding Women in the Nation’s Service in the Field of the Arts. In 1999, Aunor received the Centennial Honor for the Arts awarded by the Cultural Center of the Philippines and she was the only film actress included in the list of awardees. In 2010, she was hailed by the Green Planet Movie Awards as one of the 10 Asian Best Actresses of the Decade and she received the Ani ng Dangal Award. From the National Commission for Culture and the Arts in 2013,2014 and 2016, in 2014, Aunor is the recipient of University of the Philippines College of Mass Communications, Gawad Plaridel. On September 17,2015, Aunor was conferred the Gawad CPP para sa Sining for Film and Broadcast Arts, Aunor was born in Baryo San Francisco, Iriga, Camarines Sur to Antonia Cabaltera and Eustacio Villamayor. She has nine siblings, including Eddie Villamayor, a former actor, when Nora was growing up, her grandmother taught her to sing, the first song she learned was The Way of a Clown. An aunt taught her diction, interpretation and expression while singing and took her under their custody, Nora became a champion at the Darigold Jamboree singing contest singing her winning piece You and the Night and the Music. After that she won another singing contest, The Liberty Big Show, Nora entered the national singing contest, Tawag ng Tanghalan, where she was defeated on her first try and became a champion on her second. The Grand National Finals of Tawag ng Tanghalan was on May 29,1967, Nora went to Mabini Memorial College when she was in grade I and transferred to Nichols Air Base Elementary School when she reached grade II. Aunor was married to award-winning actor Christopher de Leon on Jan,25,1975, in a civil ceremony. She and De León have one child, actor Ian de León in 1975, they also have adopted children Lotlot De Leon Matet de Leon, Kiko and she and her husband renewed their vows on January 27,1976, in a religious service officiated by Rev Alleysius Rodríguez. The couple separated, and their marriage was dissolved in 1996, Aunor became a permanent resident of the United States in 2008, but retains her Philippine citizenship
2. Sam Concepcion – Samuel Lawrence Lopez Concepcion is a Filipino singer, dancer, actor, VJ and host. Concepcion emerged as the winner for the Big Division of Little Big Stars Season 1 in April 2006, Concepcion currently has a contract under STAGES and ABS-CBNs Star Magic. He has been in the role of Peter Pan from 2002 to 2012, aside from theater roles, he has acted in movies including Way Back Home and Shake, Rattle & Roll 13. He acted in his first lead role in 2012 in the first Filipino musical-film entitled, I Do Bidoo Bidoo and he had his first role in television in ABS-CBNs Mga Anghel na Walang Langit, and his major break as Boy Bawang in the fantasy series Super Inggo. In 2007, Concepcion launched his self-titled album under Universal Records and he also launched two other albums Pop Class, and Forever Young. The latter was his biggest hit, hitting the charts at Number 1 for seven weeks in a row. In 2008, Concepcion was chosen by Dreamworks to sing the song of the animated movie Kung Fu Panda, entitled. With this project, Concepcion is the first Filipino artist to have collaborated with Dreamworks, Concepcion has been an ambassador for many agencies and organizations. He was appointed by the Department of Education as Youth Role Model and Spokesperson, Concepcion was also given a representative role by the Department of Tourism to the Korea World Travel Fair. He was awarded by the United Nations Youth Association of the Philippines the prestigious UNAP Outstanding Youth Leader award given in Malacañang Palace in 2009, Concepcion was born on October 17,1992 in Manila, Philippines to Raymund Concepcion and Gene Concepcion, both actors from the Metropolitan Theater. He is the third of four children and siblings to Kuya Red, Diko Kevin and as Sangko Sam to their younger sister, Gabby. After he was born, their parents eventually stopped in theater acting so they were not able to see them perform, however, Concepcion was home schooled under the International Studies. As early as two old, Concepcion was already able to carry a tune and dance to simple songs. At five years old, he had his first public performance at a worship cantata which later landed him the role of the young Jose Rizal in a play entitled, Sino Ka Ba. Concepcion already had various plays under his name, as early as nine years of age. This included the role of Edmund Pevensie in the stage adaptation of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, Peter Pan. Aside from theatre plays, Concepcion also did not appear on television through a commercial featuring him and he also appeared on various shows for children on ABS-CBN, such as Sineskwela and Hirayamanawari. Concepcion even had a hosting stint on ABC-5’s A. S. T. I. G
3. Anna Fegi – Anna Fegi is a Filipina singer and actress from Cebu, Philippines. Fegi is recognized by her voice, high vocal range. Anna Fegi was born in Toledo, Cebu, Philippines and is the fourth of seven born to Gaudencio. The family is a musical family and they spent time together singing and performing while living in Barangay Lutopan. Her mother was a teacher at De LaSalle Andres Soriano Memorial School. The family lived together in a house in the teachers compound on the school campus. Her father built his own sound systems from scratch and it was on those systems that he played records, barbra Streisand and Whitney Houston were two of the early influences of Fegi as she learned to sing along to their records. At the encouragement of her parents, Anna entered local singing contests and performed for school, Fegi was first discovered by Ryan Cayabyab and producer Judd Berlin during a talent search in Cebu when they was looking for a new member of the award-winning group, Smokey Mountain. She was just sixteen years old when she moved to Manila to begin rehearsals with the group and she performed a year later as a part of the groups third batch, along with Chedi Vergara and Jason Angangan, while touring in Japan in 1994. After performing in Smokey Mountain, she turned to the world of musical theater and she continued performing for school events and was able to tour the United States for the first time as a part of the schools Dramatics and Cultural Ensemble, directed by Dr. Milagros Espina. In 1997, Ryan Cayabyab wrote the song Rainbow in My Cloud as the song for the animated movie Vulcan. The recording won an AWIT Award in 1998 for Best Theme Song for Movie/TV/Stage, in 1998, Fegi decided to leave school and move to Manila to become closer to the music scene. One of the first people she was introduced to was her future manager, Carballo became Fegis manager for five years in Manila. Television network ABS-CBN produces a song writing competition each year called Himig Handog. Fegi entered the competition in 2000 performing the song Larawan, composed by Dodjie Simon, upon her success from Himig Handog, she signed a record deal later that year with the Sony BMG. This led to her release of two solo albums. Fegis debut album titled Every Step of the Way was recorded in 2000 and it featured the original recording of the popular song I Need You, although Rimes released it sooner. It was also in 2000 that Fegi joined the popular ABS-CBN television program ASAP and she went on to perform as a regular member of the show for five years
4. Regine Velasquez – Regine Velasquez-Alcasid is a Filipina singer with a 4-5 vocal octaves. Velasquez won the Grand Prize at the 1989 Asia Pacific Singing Contest in Hong Kong, in 1994, Polygram Records produced her first Asia wide-released album, Listen Without Prejudice. It is considered as Velasquez most successful album to date, selling more than 700,000 copies in Asia alone, the album has sold over 100,000 units in the Philippines,300,000 units in China and 20,000 in Thailand. In 2000, Velasquezs music video In Love With You, a duet with Jacky Cheung, landed at the #1 spot in MTV Asias Top 20 Asian Videos. On the eve of the new millennium, as part of BBCs Millennium Special 2000 Today, Velasquez, together with some 2,000 Filipino youth, sang the Philippine millennium theme and this was broadcast by BBC to 67 countries reaching almost a billion viewers. At age 21, Velasquez is the first Asian solo performing artist to stage a concert at the Carnegie Hall in New York. In 2002, she is the first Filipino to win at the MTV Asia Awards held in Singapore as Favorite Artist Philippines, the following year, she won the same award at the 2003 MTV Asia Awards. In 2003, she is the first Filipino artist to have a CNN Talk Asia special interview with Lorraine Hahn, in 2012, Velasquez had the honor of being the first Filipino artist to stage asolo concert at the SM Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay, Philippines. Her movie Pangako, Ikaw Lang earned her Box-Office Queen title, Regine Velasquez is the first child of Teresita and Gerardo Velasquez, born in Tondo, Manila. Her family moved to Hinundayan, Southern Leyte, where Velasquez studied at the Hinundayan Central School, Music figured largely in her early development, due to her parents, and at six Velasquez participated in a nationally-televised amateur singing competition, The Tita Bettys Childrens Show. Her piece, Buhat Nang Kitay Makilala, won third place, Velasquez continued to compete in more singing competitions in small towns around the country. By the age of nine, Velasquez and her family had moved to Balagtas, Bulacan and she later studied at St. Lawrence Academy, where she won Vocal Solo and Vocal Duet awards for her school at the annual BULPRISA competition. At fourteen, Velasquez entered the division of Ang Bagong Kampeon. She won a contract with OctoArts, recording the single Love Me Again as Chona Velasquez and she then joined OPM, an organization of Filipino singers, performing in music lounges all over Metro Manila. At the behest of friend and fellow OctoArts recording artist, Pops Fernandez, Velasquez guested on GMA 7s Variety TV show, Martin Nievera, Fernandezs then husband and co-host of the show, suggested to Velasquez that she drop the name Chona and use Regine as her performing name. That year, her father resigned from his job as a construction estimator to fully attend to his daughters blossoming career, Viva Records signed Velasquez to a contract in 1987, releasing her self-titled debut album Regine. The album contained the songs Kung Maibabalik Ko Lang, Isang Lahi and her first regularly televised performances were musical variety shows with ensemble casts, such as ABS-CBNs Triple Treat and the Sunday variety show Teen Pan Alley. Velasquez and Alleys Janno Gibbs continued to collaborate throughout the years, creating the musical Kenkoy at Rosing, recording the cover song Magkasuyo Buong Gabi, in 1989, Velasquez was chosen to represent the Philippines at the Asia-Pacific Singing Contest in Hong Kong
5. Athena (singer) – Athena or Athena Tibi is a Filipino singer, stage actress and movie actress from Manila, Philippines and raised in Saitama, Japan. She announced her debut show in Japan on November 18,2012. Athena was born in Manila, The Philippines, but moved to Japan at age 3 when her family relocated due to her fathers work and she grew up in Koshigaya in Saitama, then returned to Manila age 10, having mastered Japanese alongside English and Tagalog. She went to High School at St. Paul College Pasig before moving to La Consolacion College in Pasig and she graduated with a BA in Management from the University of Asia and the Pacific, a private research University located in Ortigas Center in Metro Manila in 2009. Athenas first acting role came in daily TV series Sarah the Teen Princess as recurring character Tiny, Athena next appeared as Cristy in 2004s Lastikman by director Mac Alejandre, based on the character created by Mars Ravelo. The story tells how the rubber-tree powered superhero fights back against bullying and captures the heart of Lara, Athenas next project was as the lead in Jerry Bachs romantic comedy Pizza Girl, premiering in June 2008. Athena played Kristine, one of two children reunited with their father after their mothers death, who is the more accommodating to her fathers return to rebuild relationships. The premiere was held at the SM Megamall in Ortigas Center on October 3,2009, back on stage, Athena played Sally Brown in Kultura and UA&Ps production of Youre a Good Man, Charlie Brown at the Insular Life Auditorium in Ayala Alabang in January and February 2010. In 2011, Athena was one of the VJs of the show The Daily Top 5 on Viva TV, alongside Nikki Bacolod, Barbie Salvador, Athena appeared on the Viva Television show Star for a Night broadcast on IBC, as a semi-finalist. Presented by renowned singer and actress Regine Velasquez, and eventually won by Sarah Geronimo, Athena was then spotted and signed to Viva Entertainment, based in Quezon City in 2002. Athena debuted as an artist as one part of three-piece unit 3Yo in December 2002, 3Yos self-titled debut album was released on 3 December 2004. The song was included on an album release titled 1st Levi Music Festival. In April 2005, Athena joined 4-member unit Fairgame, releasing one 4-track self-titled CD, Fairgame promoted in malls across The Philippines as an opening act for various Viva Entertainment artists. Athena performed her first solo show at UA&P on September 13,2007 at an event called Hanging Out with Athena Tibi, performing a range of pop, R&B, rock and acoustic songs. On August 9,2008 Athena joined Sam Concepcion, Cheska Ortega, Enrique Gil, Athenas own YouTube channel includes her renditions of songs by popular J-Pop singers such as Yui and Yuna Ito. In October 2012, she announced her solo live performance in Japan on November 18,2012. Aside from it, she submitted demo CDs to major Japanese labels such as Pony Canyon. 3YO - Ketchup Song Viva Popstars Christmas album 3YO Levi Celerio Music Festival Fairgame Breathe With Me Management Site Official Facebook Site Athenas Twitter Official YouTube channel