Category:Films scored by Elia Cmíral
Pages in category "Films scored by Elia Cmíral"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. Apartment Zero – Apartment Zero is a 1988 Argentine-British political thriller film co-written and directed by Argentine-born screenwriter Martin Donovan and starring Hart Bochner and Colin Firth. The film is famously suffused with homoerotic overtones and moments of black comedy and it was produced in 1988 and premiered at film festivals throughout 1989. Adrian LeDuc is the owner of a house in Buenos Aires. Adrian is emotionally repressed, prone to suspicion and paranoia, devoted to old movies and to his mother, Adrian visits her frequently, holding conversations that, as her illness progresses, become increasingly one-sided. Adrian is a tenant in an apartment building, he lives in apartment 10. Apart from his mother, the core of his life is movies--specifically classic American movies. Apartment Zero opens with a shot of Adrian in his theater, as his theater, Cine York, loses more and more money, Adrian advertises for a roommate to share his apartment. After several unsatisfactory applicants he meets the handsome, charming, Adrian is clearly attracted to Jack and Jack is clearly aware of it. Jack agrees to take the room and they quickly settle into a domestic routine, with Adrian taking over laundry and cooking duties for Jack and Jack joining Adrian for films at his cinema. They also begin to bond emotionally, in contrast to Adrians standoffishness, Jack establishes relationships with several of the neighbors, a rather odd bunch. Adrian, upset and jealous, lashes out at Jack, telling him that the neighbors arent to be trusted, despite Adrians jealousy Jack continues to socialize with several of them, including becoming sexually involved with a female neighbor. Adrian learns that Jack has been lying about being employed with a computer company and becomes paranoid that Jack is spying on him. He searches Jacks room and finds a number of photographs of Jack in paramilitary garb, when Jack returns, a highly agitated Adrian begs him, If thats a mask, either take it off now or leave it on forever. Jack calms him but his own suspicions are aroused when he realizes that Adrians been in his room, despite being himself apolitical, Adrian allows Claudias committee to use his theatre to view footage of death squad members. Adrian watches some of it and is horrified to see the sign in the film as appeared in some of the photos of Jack hed found earlier. Jack, realizing that Adrian is growing suspicious, falsifies Adrians passport. Unfortunately for him, the passport is expired and he cant leave. Jack picks up a gay man at the airport and goes to a hotel with him, Claudia spots Jack in a death squad photo
2. Atlas Shrugged: Part I – Atlas Shrugged, Part I is a 2011 American political science fiction drama film directed by Paul Johansson. An adaptation of part of Ayn Rands controversial 1957 novel of the same name, after various treatments and proposals floundered for nearly 40 years, investor John Aglialoro initiated production in June 2010. The film was directed by Paul Johansson and stars Taylor Schilling as Dagny Taggart, a sequel film, Atlas Shrugged, Part II was released on October 12,2012. The third part in the series, Atlas Shrugged Part III and it is 2016 and the United States is in a sustained economic depression. Industrial disasters, resource shortages, and gasoline at $37/gallon have made railroads the primary mode of transportation, after a major accident on the Rio Norte line of the Taggart Transcontinental railroad, CEO James Taggart shirks responsibility. His sister Dagny Taggart, Vice-President in Charge of Operation, defies him by replacing the track with new rails made of Rearden Metal. Dagny meets with its inventor, Hank Rearden, and they negotiate a deal they both admit serves their respective self-interests. Politician Wesley Mouch—nominally Reardens lobbyist in Washington, D. C. —is part of a crowd that views heads of industry as persons who must be broken or tamed, James Taggart uses political influence to ensure that Taggart Transcontinental is designated the exclusive railroad for the state of Colorado. Dagny is confronted by Ellis Wyatt, a Colorado oil man angry to be forced to do business with Taggart Transcontinental, Dagny promises him that he will get the service he needs. Dagny encounters former lover Francisco dAnconia, who presents a façade of a playboy grown bored with the pursuit of money and he reveals that a series of copper mines he built are worthless, costing his investors millions. Rearden lives in a magnificent home with a wife and a brother who are happy to live off his effort, Reardens anniversary gift to his wife Lillian is a bracelet made from the first batch of Rearden Metal, but she considers it a garish symbol of Hanks egotism. At a dinner party, Dagny dares Lillian to exchange it for Dagnys diamond necklace, as Dagny and Rearden rebuild the Rio Norte line, talented people quit their jobs and refuse all inducements to stay. Meanwhile, Dr. Robert Stadler of the State Science Institute puts out a report implying that Rearden Metal is dangerous, Taggart Transcontinental stock plummets because of its use of Rearden Metal, and Dagny leaves Taggart Transcontinental temporarily and forms her own company to finish the Rio Norte line. She renames it the John Galt Line, in defiance of the phrase Who is John Galt. —which has come to stand for any question to which it is pointless to seek an answer. A new law forces Rearden to sell most of his businesses, at the home of Wyatt, now a close friend, Dagny and Rearden celebrate the success of the line. The next morning, Dagny and Rearden begin investigating an abandoned prototype of a motor that could revolutionize the world. They realize the genius of the creator and try to track him down. Another new law limits rail freight and levies a tax on Colorado
3. Atlas Shrugged Part III: Who Is John Galt? – Atlas Shrugged Part III, Who Is John Galt. is a 2014 American science fiction drama film based on Ayn Rands novel Atlas Shrugged. It is the installment in the Atlas Shrugged film series. The release, originally set for July 4,2014, occurred on September 12,2014, a lab engineer named John Galt objects and announces, Ill stop the motor of the world. Twelve years later, the economy spirals downward, shortages have grounded airlines and returned the railroads to dominance, regulation has led to financial disaster. Galt seems to be behind the disappearances of corporate executives and other experts, the latest disappearance is that of Dagny Taggart, the executive officer of the largest railroad company, Taggart Transcontinental. She had chased Galt in a plane and crashed hers. Dagny has reached Galts Gulch, and Galt himself rescues her from the crashed plane and she meets several disappeared achievers, such as banker Midas Mulligan, who say they quit after coming to believe that government was enslaving them. On the outside, government develops a new weapon called Project F and nationalizes the railroads. The public grows increasingly frustrated with the planning, comes to view Galt as the solution. Thompson, the Head of State, offers Galt a job in the government, later, the government tortures Galt using the power of Project F. However, others from the gulch arrive to free him and they escape back to their refuge. Laura Regan as Dagny Taggart Kristoffer Polaha as John Galt Joaquim de Almeida as Francisco dAnconia Eric Allan Kramer as Ragnar Danneskjöld Rob Morrow as Henry Hank Rearden Larry Cedar as Dr and this scene did not appear in the final cut. A month prior to the release of Part I, Aglialoro suggested that Part III might be made into a musical, in 2013 he promised to create something closer to the book, and predicted that critics would pan the film. Were going to get it right, the film was directed by J. James Manera, whose experience included directing a documentary in 2010 and a 1996 episode of the television show Nash Bridges. David Kelley, founder of The Atlas Society and an expert on the themes of Atlas Shrugged, consulted on the script, as he did for Parts I. As with the part, a new set of actors was cast to play the major characters. Former Congressman and Presidential candidate Ron Paul, and network commentators Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity, the trade press reported that filming began in January 2014, after the film posted on Facebook that its target start date was Autumn 2013. The budget was funded by a Kickstarter campaign that raised $446,907 against a goal of $250,000. On July 9,2014, a preview was shown at the Anthem Film Festival in Las Vegas
4. Battlefield Earth (film) – Battlefield Earth is a 2000 American science fiction action film based upon the first half of L. Ron Hubbards 1982 novel of the same name. Travolta, a long-time Scientologist, had sought for years to make a film of the novel by Hubbard. He was unable to obtain funding from any major studio due to concerns about the script, prospects. The project was taken on in 1998 by an independent production company, Franchise Pictures. Franchise Pictures was later sued by its investors and was bankrupted in 2004 after it emerged that it had overstated the films budget by $31 million. Battlefield Earth was released on May 12,2000, the film was a critical and commercial failure, and has been called one of the worst films of all time. Audiences were reported to have ridiculed early screenings and stayed away from the film after its opening weekend, which led to Battlefield Earth failing to recoup its costs. The film went on to receive a total of eight Golden Raspberry Awards and it has since become a cult film in the so bad, its good vein. Travolta originally envisioned Battlefield Earth as the first of two films to be adapted from the book, as the only covered the first half of the novel. However, the poor performance at the box office, as well as the collapse of Franchise Pictures. In the year 3000, Earth has been ruled for 1,000 years by the Psychlos, the remnants of humanity are either enslaved by the Psychlos and used for manual labor or survive in primitive tribes living in remote areas outside Psychlo control. Jonnie Goodboy Tyler, a member of one tribe, leaves his home in the Rocky Mountains on a journey of exploration. Terl, the Psychlo security chief on Earth, has been condemned by his superiors to remain indefinitely at his post on Earth as punishment for an incident involving the Senators daughter. Aided by his deputy, Ker, Terl devises a plan to buy his way off the planet by making a fortune using human slaves to mine gold in radioactive areas. Psychlos are unable to visit such areas due to the interaction of the gas they breathe with radionuclide particles. Terl selects Jonnie as his foreman for the project and gives him a Psychlo education using a rapid-learning machine, Terl gives Jonnie a party of slaves and a Psychlo flying shuttle and orders him to go out and find gold. After learning the Psychlos language, history, and myriad other things from the learning machine. He obtains gold from Fort Knox to satisfy Terls demands, Jonnie and his followers find an abandoned underground U. S. military base with working aircraft, weapons, fuel, and nuclear weapons
5. Blackbeard (2006 film) – Blackbeard is a 2006 adventure-drama miniseries based on the pirate Blackbeard, directed by Kevin Connor from a screenplay written by Bryce Zabel. It premiered on Hallmark Channel on June 17,2006, the miniseries was later released in an international DVD edition re-titled Pirates, The True Story of Blackbeard, though by the writers own admission little of the screenplay was actually true. The 18th century notorious pirate Blackbeard wreaks havoc on the looking for Captain Kidds treasure. His dark presence causes controversy in the port town of New Providence, especially among Gov. Charles Eden and his adopted daughter Charlotte
6. Bones (2001 film) – Bones is a 2001 American horror film directed by Ernest Dickerson and starring rapper Snoop Dogg as the eponymous Jimmy Bones, a murdered gangster that rises from the grave to avenge his death. The movie is an homage to blaxploitation films of the 1970s, in 1979, Jimmy Bones is a numbers runner who is respected and loved in his neighborhood as its respected member and protector. When he is betrayed and brutally murdered by corrupt cop Lupovich and drug pusher Eddie Mack, Bones elegant brownstone building becomes his own tomb, the timeline flashes forward to 2001, where the neighborhood has become rundown and Jimmys brownstone building is a condemned ruin. Four teens, Patrick, his brother Bill, their white step-sister Tia and their best friend Maurice, buy the property, in the process, Tia finds a black dog who is actually the spiritual manifestation of Jimmys tortured spirit. As the dog starts to eat, Jimmy is slowly resurrected, Patrick meets Pearl, Jimmys old girlfriend, and her daughter Cynthia. Patrick develops a romance with Cynthia, Patrick wanted to open a nightclub at the old rundown neighborhood in hopes of making the neighborhood great again, and also to make a profit. While exploring the basement, Patrick, Cynthia, Bill, Tia and Maurice find Jimmy Bones body, Patrick, Cynthia, Bill, Tia and Maurice decide to keep Jimmys murder quiet or they wont be able to open the nightclub and they bury the remains. Later, Jeremiah, finds out about Patrick and the plan to open the club at Bones old building. He freaks out and demands that Patrick and the leave the building. Patrick, Bill and Tia refuse his request and open the nightclub, on opening night Maurice is lured into an upstairs room where he is mauled to death by the spiritual black dog. Once he is resurrected, Jimmy sets the club on fire and is intent on getting revenge on those responsible for his death, those who betrayed him. Pearl and her neighbor felt that they should have burned the building down a time ago. After the incident, Pearl admits to Cynthia that Jimmy Bones is her father, Patrick confronts his father Jeremiah and demands to know if he murdered Jimmy Bones 22 years ago. His father admits he betrayed Jimmy Bones to make money to leave the neighborhood, also, he got fed up living in Bones shadow and he wanted to be as popular and successful as him. Jeremiah allowed drugs into the neighborhood as long he got paid for it, later, Eddie Mack is having sex with his white girlfriend Snowflake. With Mack being one of the people who betrayed him, Jimmy confronts him after murdering Snowflake, Jimmy decapitates Mack and does the same to Lupovich, but keeps their heads alive to transport their souls. Pearl, knowing that Jeremiah is next, goes with Cynthia to his house to rescue him and they ending up being too late. Pearl, Cynthia, Patrick, Bill, Tia and Jeremiahs wife Nancy watch him get dragged off by Jimmy, leaving nothing, Jimmy brings Jeremiah back to the building, along with the heads of Lupovich and Mack
7. Cam2Cam – Cam2Cam is a 2014 horror thriller film that was directed by Joel Soisson. The movie was based on a film that was directed by Davy Sihali. Allie is a young American staying in an apartment building while travelling through Thailand. A friendly boarder introduces her to Cam2Cam, an online chat program that allows people to interact with one another. Curious, Allie logs on and soon discovers that there was a killer that used Cam2Cam to find his female victims. After fellow boarder Marit is murdered, Allie begins to worry that she is next on the killers list. Wilson as Webcam Voyeur Critical reception for Cam2Cam has been overwhelmingly negative, Cam2Cam at the Internet Movie Database
8. The Cutter – The Cutter is a 2005 American action film directed by William Tannen, and starring Chuck Norris, Joanna Pacuła, Daniel Bernhardt, Bernie Kopell and Marshall R. Teague. After a deadly kidnapping rescue gone wrong, a guilt ridden detective recruits his specialized SWAT team to rescue an aged diamond cutter from the hands of a murderous thief. A former cop turned Los Angeles P. I. takes on a case of a diamond cutter that leads him on an adventure of love. Sony released it to DVD in the US on March 14,2006, scott Weinberg of DVD Talk rated it 1. 5/5 stars and called it the epitome of all things cinematically generic. David Johnson of DVD Talk wrote, The Cutter is a mediocre film overall, and, specifically, the Cutter at the Internet Movie Database The Cutter at Rotten Tomatoes
9. The Deaths of Ian Stone – The Deaths of Ian Stone is a 2007 British-American horror film directed by Dario Piana. The film stars Mike Vogel and Christina Cole, the story centers on an American man living in Britain, Ian Stone, who is killed each day by mysterious beings. He then enters a new existence, unaware of his prior lives, when he begins to remember past existences, he is once again in danger of being killed, with each death more gruesome than the last. Ian Stone is an average man and he loves ice hockey but lives for his girlfriend, Jenny Walker. Late one night driving home from a painful loss on the ice. Investigating the grisly discovery, Ian is attacked by the corpse, forced onto the tracks and he wakes up in an office cubicle. He is older and living with a woman named Medea. Jenny is not his girlfriend, just a co-worker, and one of a number of familiar faces. Ian meets an old man who tells him he is in danger. The old man tells him that he is being hunted by the Harvesters and he explains that every day, at different times and different places, the clocks stop and they come after him to kill him. The only problem is that Ian wont stay dead and he wakes in a new life, a new place, only for the cycle to repeat itself. Suddenly one of the Harvesters attacks the old man and Ian runs and they chase Ian back to his apartment where Medea, who is clearly one of them, is waiting. He wakes to find he is a junkie in a rundown apartment and he implores her to remember him, desperately reaching out and searching for someone to help him make sense of whats going on. When the Harvesters come again Jenny and Ian have no choice, as they seek refuge on a subway train heading out of town, Jenny confesses to her memories of Ians former lives. Later on, the old man meets Ian in the train again while Jenny sleeps and it is then that the old man reveals that he is one of the Harvesters, and hints at Ians involvement with them. When they disembark they are confronted by a group of Harvesters, each a mass of pulsating veins, pitch-black muscles. Medea tries to force Ian to feed again and return to the fold, Medea and the Harvesters attack once more, and she explains that his rebellion came after his first encounter with Jenny. So moved was he by the girl that he wished to live a life with her