Category:Films scored by Harry Gregson-Williams
Pages in category "Films scored by Harry Gregson-Williams"
The following 63 pages are in this category, out of 63 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 63 pages are in this category, out of 63 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian – It is the second in The Chronicles of Narnia film series from Walden Media, following The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. The four Pevensie children return to Narnia to aid Prince Caspian in his struggle with the help of Aslan for the throne against his corrupt uncle. The film was released on May 16,2008 in the United States, the screenplay based on the novel by C. S. Lewis was written by Stephen McFeely and Christopher Markus. Work on the script began before The Lion, the Witch, director Andrew Adamson wanted to make the film more spectacular than the first, and created an action sequence not in the novel. The Narnians were designed to look wilder as they have been hiding from persecution, the filmmakers also took a Spanish influence for the antagonistic race of the Telmarines. Filming began in February 2007 in New Zealand, but unlike the previous film, to keep costs down, Adamson chose to base post-production in the UK, because of recent tax credits there. The film was a success at the box office, grossing over $141 million in the United States and Canada. It received mostly positive reviews from critics, some took issue with the portrayal of all the heroes having British accents while the villains are Spanish in appearance. The film became 2008s 10th highest-grossing film worldwide, Cornelius gives him Queen Susans ancient magical horn, instructing him to blow it only at his greatest need. Caspian flees into the woods where he encounters two Narnian dwarfs, Trumpkin and Nikabrik, and a badger named Trufflehunter. Being chased by Telmarine guards, and feeling threatened by Narnians, in England, the Pevensie children are waiting for a tube train when the station suddenly starts collapsing, and they are magically transported to Narnia. At first they are overjoyed, but soon realize that time has passed since their last visit. Lord Sopespian suspects Mirazs motives, and discusses his treasonous thoughts with his ally, the Pevensies save Trumpkin from being drowned by two Telmarines, he realizes that the four children are the Kings and Queens of Old and they continue on together. Lucy glimpses Aslan and tries convincing the others that she has seen him, Nikabrik and Trufflehunter lead Caspian to a gathering of the old Narnians, where he convinces them to help him win his throne so he can return their land. They meet the Pevensies and Trumpkin, and all journey to Aslans How, Peter decides they will attack Mirazs castle, rejecting Lucys advice that they wait for Aslan to return. The Narnians raid Mirazs castle, but Caspian ruins the plan by freeing Cornelius instead of opening the gate and he learns that Miraz killed his father, and confronts Miraz but is wounded. Overwhelmed, Peter calls for a retreat, Peter, Susan, Edmund, Caspian and the Narnians escape with heavy losses. Upon returning to Aslans How, Peter and Caspian argue, while back at the castle, Nikabrik, with the aid of a hag and a werewolf, offers Caspian his help to guarantee victory
2. Cowboys & Aliens – Cowboys & Aliens is a 2011 American Space Western-action film directed by Jon Favreau and starring Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, and Olivia Wilde. The film is based on the 2006 graphic novel of the name created by Scott Mitchell Rosenberg. The plot revolves around an outlaw, a wealthy cattleman. The screenplay was written by Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, Damon Lindelof, Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby, the film was produced by Brian Grazer, Ron Howard, Kurtzman, Orci and Rosenberg, with Steven Spielberg and Favreau serving as executive producers. After the graphic novel was published in 2006, development on the film was begun again, on a budget of $163 million, filming for Cowboys & Aliens began in June 2010, in New Mexico and California. Despite studio pressure to release the film in 3-D, Favreau chose to film traditionally, measures were taken to maintain a serious Western element despite the films inherently comic title and premise. Cowboys & Aliens premiered at the 2011 San Diego Comic-Con and was released theatrically in the United States, the film was considered to be a financial disappointment, taking $174.8 million in box office receipts on a $163 million budget. Cowboys & Aliens received mixed reviews, with critics praising its acting and production. In 1873 New Mexico Territory, an unnamed loner awakens injured in the desert with no memory and he wanders into the town of Absolution, where preacher Meacham treats his wound. Sheriff Taggart recognizes the stranger as wanted outlaw Jake Lonergan and attempts to arrest him, Jake beats up the posse sent to take him in and nearly escapes, but a woman named Ella Swenson knocks him out. Taggart prepares to transport both Jake and volatile drunk Percy Dolarhyde to Santa Fe for trial, percys father, Colonel Woodrow Dolarhyde, a ruthless cattle baron, demands Percy be released. He also demands Jake be released to him, since Jake had stolen gold from him, during the standoff, alien spacecraft begin attacking the town. Percy, the sheriff and other townsfolk are abducted by long, Jakes shackle unfolds and becomes a weapon, he shoots down a ship, ending the attack. Dolarhyde, Ella, and other form a posse to track an injured alien that escaped from the downed ship. Meanwhile, Jake travels to a cabin and, in a flashback, recalls returning to it with stolen gold and then being abducted, along with a woman named Alice. His memories returning, Jake joins up with the posse, during the evening, the group comes upon a capsized paddle wheel steamboat that the aliens apparently dumped miles from any water. They camp in it, and during the night the alien they were tracking kills Meacham, by morning, most of the posse has deserted, and those remaining are attacked by Jakes former gang. Jake, who had stolen the gangs loot after their last heist, attempts to retake control, the aliens begin attacking them again and Ella is captured
3. Live by Night (film) – Live by Night is a 2016 American crime drama film written, directed, co-produced and starring Ben Affleck, based on the 2012 novel of the same name by Dennis Lehane. The film also stars Elle Fanning, Brendan Gleeson, Chris Messina, Sienna Miller, Zoe Saldana and Chris Cooper, pictures, the film premiered in New York City on December 13,2016. It began a limited release in the United States on December 25,2016 before going wide on January 13,2017 and it received mixed reviews and was a box office bomb, grossing just $21 million against its $65 million budget. Variety estimated the film lost $75 million, Thomas objects to the relationship and advises Joe against his criminal activities, warning him that his wrongdoing will catch up to him eventually. Whites rival, Italian Mafia boss Maso Pescatore, finds out about their affair, Joe refuses but he and Emma decide to flee to California. To fund the trip, Joe commits a bank heist with his partner Dion Bartolo, when Joe tries to leave with Emma anyway, she lures him into a trap set by White. Joe is brutally beaten by White and his men and nearly killed before the police arrive, Thomas tells Joe that Emma drowned while being pursued by police. He also blackmails Chief Inspector Calvin Bondurant to ensure that Joe is sent to prison on a minor charge rather than murder. Two weeks before Joes release, Thomas dies of a heart attack, wanting revenge against White, Joe volunteers his services to Pescatore and is recruited as an enforcer for Pescatores rum empire in Ybor City, Tampa, Florida, which is under attack by White. Joe reconnects with Dion and together they protect Pescatores business in the area and receive orders to bring gambling, Joe also develops a relationship with Graciela Corrales, the sister of a local Cuban businessman, and they soon are married. Irvings daughter Loretta heads to Hollywood to become an actress, irvings brother-in-law, R. D. Pruitt, a member of the local chapter of the Ku Klux Klan, starts bombing Joes clubs and killing his men. Joe promises to Irving to help get Loretta off drugs and back to Ybor City in exchange for his betrayal of Pruitt. Joe kills Pruitt and, in the mob war with the Klan, he. Recognizing that Prohibition will eventually come to an end and unwilling to follow Pescados orders to invest in narcotics and her ministry is popular enough that the government decides not to legalize gambling. Joe recognizes that Pescatore will be enraged, particularly since Joe still refuses to invest in narcotics, during a private meeting in a restaurant, Loretta confides to Joe that she does not truly believe in God and her sins cannot be forgiven. The next day, Joe is despondent to learn that Loretta committed suicide, while visiting his brother-in-law, an amateur photographer, Joe finds a recent picture of Emma, whom he believed to be dead. He decides to pursue her in Miami, but only after informing Graciela first, Pescatore forms an alliance with White and lures Joe into a meeting at a hotel, intending to have him killed and replaced by White in retaliation for Joes recent failures. Anticipating Pescatores betrayal, Joe distracts White by showing him Emmas picture, Dion and his men ambush Pescatores men through a series of underground tunnels that Joe used to move rum
4. The Martian (film) – The Martian is a 2015 American science fiction film directed by Ridley Scott, based on Andy Weirs 2011 novel The Martian. Matt Damon stars as an astronaut who is presumed dead. The film depicts his struggle to survive and others efforts to rescue him, the films ensemble cast also features Jessica Chastain, Kristen Wiig, Jeff Daniels, Michael Peña, Kate Mara, Sean Bean, Sebastian Stan, Donald Glover, Aksel Hennie and Chiwetel Ejiofor. Scott replaced Goddard, and with Damon in place as the main character, filming began in November 2014 and lasted approximately seventy days. Twenty sets were built on a stage in Budapest, Hungary. Wadi Rum in Jordan was also used as a backdrop for filming, the film premiered at the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival on September 11,2015, followed by the United States theatrical release on October 2,2015, by 20th Century Fox. The film was released in 2D, 3D, IMAX 3D and it received critical acclaim and has grossed over $630 million worldwide, becoming Scotts highest-grossing film to date, as well as the tenth-highest-grossing film of 2015. In 2035, the crew of the Ares III mission to Mars is exploring Acidalia Planitia on Martian solar day 18 of their 31-sol expedition, a strong dust storm threatens to topple their Mars Ascent Vehicle, forcing them to abort their mission. During the evacuation, astronaut Mark Watney is struck by debris and lost in the storm, with Watney believed dead, and the storm worsening by the second, mission commander Melissa Lewis orders the crew to take off and return to their orbiting vessel, Hermes. Watney awakens after the storm to a low oxygen warning and makes his way to the Hab and he removes the piece of antenna which destroyed his suits biomonitor and lodged in his torso by performing self-surgery. He begins a diary and realizes that his only chance of rescue is to rendezvous with the Ares IV crew at the Schiaparelli crater,3,200 kilometres away in four years. His immediate concern is there not be enough food to survive that long. He also begins to modify the only functional rover for longer journeys in preparation for the long distance travel, back on Earth, NASA holds a funeral for him. While reviewing satellite photos of Mars, satellite planner Mindy Park sees evidence of Watneys activities and realizes he has survived, NASA administrator Teddy Sanders has public relations director Annie Montrose and mission director Vincent Kapoor release the news. Despite the objections of Hermes flight director Mitch Henderson, Sanders decides not to inform the Ares III crew, Watney takes the rover to retrieve the Pathfinder probe, which fell silent in 1997. Using the landers camera, he establishes rudimentary communication with Earth, NASA instructs Watney to modify the rover to link with Pathfinder so they can communicate via text. Watney becomes angry when he learns that the crew has not been told of his survival, Henderson and JPL director Bruce Ng prepare a space probe to deliver enough food to last Watney until Ares IVs arrival. When the Habs airlock malfunctions and explosively decompresses and destroys Watneys crop, however, an oversight causes the destabilization and subsequent explosion of the rocket shortly after liftoff
5. The Replacement Killers – The Replacement Killers is a 1998 American action film directed by Antoine Fuqua in his feature film directorial debut, and starring Chow Yun-fat, Mira Sorvino, Michael Rooker and Kenneth Tsang. The film was released in the United States on February 6,1998, the storyline was conceived from a screenplay written by Ken Sanzel. Veteran action director John Woo co-produced and choreographed the action sequences, the film is set in modern-day Los Angeles and follows an emotionally disillusioned assassin who is forced to settle a violent vendetta against a ruthless crime boss. The film marks the American acting debut for Chow, as his previous credits included Hong Kong action cinema only. The film was a co-production between the motion picture studios of Columbia Pictures, Brillstein-Grey Entertainment, and WCG Entertainment Productions, theatrically, it was commercially distributed by Columbia Pictures, while the Sony Pictures Entertainment division released the film in the video rental market. The Replacement Killers explores assassination, violence and the influence of triads in modern society, the film score was orchestrated by Harry Gregson-Williams, the soundtrack was released by the Varèse Sarabande music label on March 10,1998. The Replacement Killers premiered in theaters nationwide in the United States on February 6,1998 grossing $19,204,929 in domestic ticket receipts, the film was screened at 1,936 theaters during its widest release in cinemas. Taking into account its $30 million budget costs, the film was considered a box office flop. The films critical response did not fare better either, preceding its initial screening to the public, it was generally met with mixed to negative reviews. The widescreen DVD edition of the featured scene selections, a featurette, and interviews among other highlights. During an orchestrated drug bust at a loading dock, Detective Stan Zedkov kills Triad lieutenant Peter Wei. Looking to exact revenge for his sons death, crime boss Terence Wei sends for professional assassin John Lee, paying off an old debt, Lee has already killed two targets for Wei, and the crime boss tells him that this third and final job will settle the obligation. However, Lees conscience prevents him from completing his final assignment, infuriated by Lees disobedience, Wei orders his head lieutenant, Michael Kogan, to lead the hunt for Lee, and has his people in China begin the search for Lees family. No longer able to use the Triad network to get out of the country, Lee searches for alternative means outside Weis sphere of influence, before she can finish the job, Weis men storm her office, destroying the computerized tools of her trade in the ensuing shootout. Lee escapes, Coburn is picked up by the police, unsuccessfully interrogated by Zedkov, meanwhile, Wei hires skilled out-of-town replacement killers to take over the hunt for Lee and the Zedkov contract. Lee finds Coburn when she returns to her destroyed office, having been made aware that the Triads are involved, Coburn wants out, but Lee forces her to finish her original task of creating a forged passport. Traveling with Coburn, with the two replacement killers, Ryker and Collins, in pursuit, Lee gets pictures from a booth and phones Alan. When Lee arrives at the temple, he discovers that Alan has been tortured to the point of death, Alan tells Lee that his family was moved to Canton—but he told his torturers they were in Shanghai
6. Shrek Forever After – Shrek Forever After is a 2010 American 3D computer-animated fantasy comedy-drama film. It is the installment in the Shrek series, produced by DreamWorks Animation. Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy, Cameron Diaz, Antonio Banderas, Julie Andrews, John Cleese reprise their previous roles, taking place after Shrek the Third, Shrek is now a family man and beloved among the local villagers. Yearning for the days when he was feared, he makes a deal with Rumpelstiltskin, to restore his existence, Shrek has to regain Fionas love and kiss her before the sun rises, or he will disappear forever. The film premiered on April 21,2010 at the Tribeca Film Festival and it was also released in 3D and IMAX 3D formats. The film was the #1 film in the United States and Canada for three weeks and grossed a worldwide total of $752 million. Additionally, Shrek Forever After is DreamWorks Animations second highest-grossing film at the box office. Shrek has grown tired of being a family man and celebrity among the local villagers. When he takes his family to Far Far Away to celebrate his childrens first birthday, Shrek encounters Rumpelstiltskin, who seizes his chance, having observed Shreks angry outburst. He follows Shrek and arranges for Shrek to appear to save his life and he gives Shrek a day to live like a real ogre, in exchange for a day from his childhood that he would not remember being erased to thank him. Shrek signs the contract and appears in a reality where the events starting from Fionas rescue are irrelevant. Now feared by villagers, he takes the opportunity to cause some lighthearted mischief until he finds WANTED posters for Fiona and his home deserted and he is kidnapped by witches and taken to Rumpel, now the King of Far Far Away, which has become derelict and run down. Upon inquiry, Rumpel reveals that he took away the day Shrek was born, therefore, Shrek never saved Fiona or met Donkey, and consequently Rumpel was able to get King Harold and Queen Lillian to sign their kingdom away, making them both disappear. When the day ends, Shrek will disappear as well, Shrek escapes Rumpels castle with Donkey. Initially terrified of Shrek, Donkey decides to trust him after seeing Shrek cry over his erased history, after Shrek explains the situation, Donkey helps him find a hidden exit clause, the contract can be nullified by true loves kiss. They soon encounter a band of ogres who are resisting Rumpel, the ogres are led by a still-cursed Fiona who, after escaping from the tower where she was held captive, keeps the retired and overweight Puss in Boots as a pet. Shrek does everything he can to gain Fionas love, but she is too busy preparing an ambush on Rumpel and she is also bitterly cynical and disillusioned about the power of true love and throws herself into planning Rumpels capture. While sparring with her, Fiona begins to like Shrek, Puss encourages him to continue pursuing Fiona
7. Shrek the Third – Shrek the Third is a 2007 American computer-animated fantasy comedy film, and the third installment in the Shrek franchise. It was produced by DreamWorks Animation and is the first in the series to be distributed by Paramount Pictures1 which acquired DreamWorks Pictures in 2006. Chris Miller and Raman Hui directed and co-directed the film, respectively, with the former also co-writing the screenplay with Jeffrey Price, Peter S. Seaman, Harry Gregson-Williams composed the original music for the film. The story takes place eight months after the marriage of Shrek, reluctantly reigning over the kingdom of Far, Far Away, Shrek sets out to find the next heir to the throne—Fionas cousin Artie, while Prince Charming is plotting to overthrow Shrek and become king. The film premiered on May 6,2007, at the Mann Village Theatre, Westwood in Los Angeles and it was nominated for Best Animated Movie at the 2008 Kids Choice Awards, but lost to Ratatouille. It was also nominated for the BAFTA Award for Best Animated Film at the 61st British Academy Film Awards and it was the final film in the Shrek franchise to be produced by Pacific Data Images before its closure in 2015. The film grossed $799 million on a $160 million budget, becoming the fourth-highest-grossing film of 2007, a sequel, titled Shrek Forever After, was released in 2010. Prince Charming vows that he will become King of Far, Far Away and avenge the death of his mother, meanwhile, King Harold is dying and his ogre son-in-law Shrek and daughter Princess Fiona are to succeed him. Before dying, Harold tells Shrek of another heir, his nephew, Prince Charming goes to the Poison Apple tavern and persuades fairy tale villains to fight for their happily ever after by appealing to the defeats given in their stories. Shrek, Donkey and Puss in Boots set out to retrieve Arthur, as they are sailing away, the trio journey to Worcestershire Academy, an elite magical boarding school, where they discover Arthur or Artie is a scrawny 16-year-old underachiever picked on by everyone. At the school pep rally, Shrek tells Artie he is going to be king of Far Far Away, Artie is excited until Donkey and Puss inadvertently frighten him by discussing the responsibilities of being king. Artie tries taking control of the ship and crashes it on a remote island, one of the Pigs accidentally blurts out that Shrek has gone to retrieve Arthur, and Prince Charming sends Captain Hook and his pirates to track down Shrek. The ladies are put in a tower when Rapunzel betrays them because she loves Charming, Captain Hook and his pirates track Shrek and his friends to Merlins island, where they attempt to capture Shrek alive and defeat the others. Shrek and Artie defeat the villains, and Hook mentions Charming, concerned for his wife and future child, Shrek urges Artie to return to Worcestershire. Instead, Artie cons Merlin into using his magic to them to Far Far Away. The spell works, but causes Puss and Donkey to accidentally switch bodies and they find Pinocchio and learn that Charming plans to kill Shrek as part of a play. Charmings men arrive, but Artie tricks the knights into not taking them into custody, caught in Charmings dressing room, the four are taken captive. Charming prepares to kill Artie, believing he is the next king, to save Arties life, Shrek tells Charming that Artie was a pawn to take his place as King of Far Far Away
8. X-Men Origins: Wolverine – X-Men Origins, Wolverine is a 2009 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics fictional character Wolverine, distributed by 20th Century Fox. It is the installment and the first spinoff of the standalone Wolverine trilogy from the X-Men film series. The film was directed by Gavin Hood, written by David Benioff and Skip Woods and it co-stars Liev Schreiber, Danny Huston, Dominic Monaghan and Ryan Reynolds. The film is a prequel/spin-off focusing on the violent past of the mutant Wolverine, the film was mostly shot in Australia and New Zealand, with Canada also serving as a location. Filming took place from January to May 2008, a second Wolverine film titled The Wolverine was released in 2013 to positive reviews and much greater success. In 1845, James Howlett, a boy living in Canada, the trauma activates the boys mutation, bone claws protrude from his knuckles, and he impales Thomas, who reveals that he is Jamess real father before dying. James flees along with Thomass other son Victor Creed, who is thus Jamess half-brother and has a healing factor mutation like James and they spend the next century as soldiers, fighting in the American Civil War, both World Wars, and the Vietnam War. In Vietnam, the increasingly violent Victor attempts to rape a Vietnamese woman, James happens upon the fight and defends Victor, resulting in the pair being sentenced to execution by firing squad, which they survive due to their mutant healing abilities. Major William Stryker approaches them in custody and offers them membership in Team X, a group of mutants including Agent Zero, Wade Wilson, John Wraith, Fred Dukes. They join the team for a few years, with James now using the alias Logan, but Victor, six years later, Logan is working as a lumberjack in Canada, where he lives with his girlfriend Kayla Silverfox. Stryker and Zero approach Logan at work, Stryker reports that Wade and Bradley have been killed, and he thinks someone is targeting the teams members. Logan refuses to rejoin Stryker, but after finding Kaylas bloodied body in the woods and he finds him at a local bar, but Logan loses the subsequent fight. Afterward, Stryker explains that Victor has gone rogue, and offers Logan a way to become strong enough to get his revenge, Logan undergoes a painful operation to reinforce his skeleton with adamantium, a virtually indestructible metal. Zero kills them the morning and tries to kill Logan. Logan locates John and Fred at a boxing club, Fred explains that Victor is still working for Stryker, hunting down mutants for Stryker to experiment on at his new laboratory, located at a place called The Island. Fred mentions Remy Gambit LeBeau, the one who escaped from the island. John and Logan find LeBeau in New Orleans, then both fight Victor, who kills John and extracts his DNA, agreeing to help release mutants that Stryker has captured, Gambit takes Logan to Strykers facility on Three Mile Island. Logan learns that Kayla is alive, having been coerced by Stryker into surveilling him in exchange for her sisters safety
9. Blackhat (film) – Blackhat is a 2015 American action thriller mystery film co-written, co-produced and directed by Michael Mann. The film stars Chris Hemsworth, Tang Wei, Viola Davis, Holt McCallany, the film premiered at the TCL Chinese Theatre in Los Angeles on January 8,2015, and was released in theaters on January 16. Blackhat was a box office bomb, earning only $19.7 million at the box office against a budget of $70 million, at a nuclear plant in Chai Wan, Hong Kong, a hacker causes the coolant pumps to overheat and explode. Not long after in Chicago, the Mercantile Trade Exchange gets hacked, the Chinese government and the FBI determine that the hack was caused by a Remote Access Tool. A military officer in Chinas cyber warfare unit, Captain Chen Dawai, is tasked to find the responsible for the attacks, and enlists the aid of his sister Chen Lien. Dawai asks that the FBI arrange for Hathaway to be released from prison, Hathaway is offered temporary release in exchange for his services. A dead colleagues computer yields a clue to a connection, so Hathaway and Lien go to the rendezvous, in Hong Kong, the team works with Hong Kong inspector Alex Trang and traces the stock trade money to a known paramilitary operative named Elias Kassar. A stakeout team is murdered while Hathaway, Jessup, Chen, Trang along with a Special Duties Unit team raid Kassars hideout, a shootout ensues and Trang as well as a number of SDU officers are killed. The nuclear plant has stabilized enough to retrieve a data drive from the control room, Agent Barrett turns a blind eye while Hathaway hacks into the NSA to use a fossiled data tool called Black Widow to reconstruct the corrupted data. He learns that the server is based in Jakarta. Lien finds out the hacker has been buying high-resolution satellite photos of a site near Seri Manjung, Hathaways hack into the NSA does not go unnoticed and the US government demands his return to prison. Dawais superiors agree as they do not want to antagonize the US, while Barrett and her partner Agent Jessup receive orders to detain Hathaway. Dawai, Lien and Hathaway manage to elude their pursuers and make plans to leave Hong Kong and continue their investigation when they are attacked by Kassar and his men, who have been following them. Dawai is killed, shortly after, Barrett and Jessup, who have been tracking Hathaway using an ankle bracelet, while both Barrett and Jessup are killed in a firefight, they buy enough time for Lien and Hathaway to escape into the subway. Hathaway and Lien travel to the location of the photos in Malaysia to try. The two then travel to Jakarta and using a distraction manage to gain access to the hackers server. They manage to transfer the money from his Hong Kong bank. The hacker and Hathaway agree to meet to negotiate the return of the money, Hathaway insists the red hat and Kassar come alone but they bring their gang along
10. The Equalizer (film) – The Equalizer is a 2014 American neo-noir vigilante action thriller film directed by Antoine Fuqua and written by Richard Wenk, nominally based on the television series of the same name. It stars Denzel Washington, Marton Csokas, Chloë Grace Moretz, David Harbour, Bill Pullman, principal photography began in June 2013 on location and took place in different cities of Massachusetts. This was the first film to have Village Roadshow Pictures co-finance the deal with Sony Pictures Entertainment since Saving Silverman in 2001, the film had its world premiere at 2014 Toronto International Film Festival on September 7,2014, and was released worldwide on September 26. The film received mixed reviews critics, who highly praised the visual style, acting, soundtrack and action sequences but criticized its violence, script. Nonetheless, it became a success with a worldwide box office gross of over $192 million. A sequel has been confirmed, with Washington reprising his role, McCall promised his recently deceased wife that he would leave his old life behind. One night, Alina is hospitalized following a beating by her pimp. McCall enters a restaurant owned by the Russian mob and offers to buy Alinas freedom from Slavi for $9,800, failing in this approach, McCall considers the room, estimating it would take him 16 seconds to clear it. He subsequently kills Slavi and four of his men with close combat efficiency. To slight dismay, McCall realizes that it took him 19 seconds to accomplish his task, in response to the death of Slavi and his crew, Russian Mafia boss Vladimir Pushkin sends his enforcer, Teddy Rensen, to Boston to find and eliminate the culprit. McCall confronts the corrupt policemen, beats them, forces them to pay all the money they have extorted. Ralph then returns to Home Mart and passes his test, becoming a security guard at the store, Rensen determines that McCall is the culprit in the attack on Slavi and his crew. McCall repeatedly outsmarts Rensen and his pursuers and completes more acts of vigilantism, McCall then visits retired CIA operatives Susan and Brian Plummer in Virginia, Susan helps him acquire intelligence on Pushkins activities. It is revealed that Rensens real name is Nicolai Itchenko and that he is an ex-Spetsnaz who ran a wing of the secret police, Brian reveals to McCall that he had a nice funeral, the Plummers are relieved, though not surprised, that he is still alive. After McCall leaves, Susan remarks to Brian that McCall was not actually looking for help, after returning to Boston, McCall captures Frank Masters --a corrupt policeman bribed by Pushkin--by trapping him in his car and flooding the vehicle with tailpipe exhaust to force him to cooperate. Masters relents and helps McCall destroy one of Pushkins local money laundering operations, McCall confronts Itchenko at dinner, pledging to bring down Pushkins criminal enterprise. When McCall destroys a container ship Pushkin used to smuggle goods, Pushkin orders Itchenko to kill McCall, Pushkin adds that until the deed is done, Itchenko may not return home to Moscow. Itchenko and his men go to the Home Mart and take Ralph and several of McCalls other coworkers hostage, McCall enters the store, disables most of the lighting, and tells Ralph to get the hostages to safety
11. Seraphim Falls – Seraphim Falls is a 2006 American Revisionist Western film directed by television producer and director David Von Ancken in his first feature film. The storyline was conceived from a written by Von Ancken. The fictional story focuses on a bounty hunt for a Union soldier by a Confederate colonel following the American Civil War in the late 1860s, Pierce Brosnan, Liam Neeson, Michael Wincott, Tom Noonan, and Ed Lauter star in principal roles. Seraphim Falls explores civil topics, such as violence, human survival, the film was produced by the motion picture studio of Icon Productions. It was commercially distributed by Samuel Goldwyn Films and Destination Films theatrically, the film score was composed by musician Harry Gregson-Williams, although a soundtrack version for the motion picture was not released to the public. It earned an additional $801,762 in box office business overseas for a worldwide total of $1,220,058 in revenue. The film was met with positive critical reviews before its initial screening in cinemas. The widescreen DVD edition of the film featuring scene selections and a featurette, was released in the United States on May 15,2007. In 1868, within the Ruby Mountains, Gideon roasts hare over an open fire, suddenly, gunshots ring out with one striking his left arm. He grabs what he can and races down the mountain and his attackers emerge from their cover to inspect his campsite. Colonel Morsman Carver, a former Confederate officer, is accompanied by Pope, Hayes, Parsons and the Kid, after removing the bullet from his arm with his hunting knife at a secluded locale, Gideon leaves an open fire burning, which attracts the posse. He ends up killing Pope with his knife and then out again into the wilderness. He attempts to steal a horse, but is caught by a woman named Charlotte who helps him after she realizes he is injured. She redresses his wound and her family lets him sleep overnight in their farmhouse and he later offers to buy their horse and leaves before daybreak. As the group of men approach Gideons trail, he lays an ambush using a trap which impales the Kid. Later, Parsons decides to leave the men following the discovery of a dead bank robber. Encountering a railroad construction, Gideon hitches his horse and steals some food. The foreman recognizes the horse and detains Gideon
12. Team America: World Police – The title is derived from domestic and international political criticisms that the foreign policy of the United States frequently and unilaterally tries to police the world. The use of marionettes instead of actors in a film is a reference to Thunderbirds. The duo worked on the script with former South Park writer Brady for nearly two years, the film had a troubled time in production, with various problems regarding the marionettes, as well as the scheduling extremes of having the film come out in time. In addition, the filmmakers fought with the Motion Picture Association of America, the film was recut by a few seconds and rated R for graphic crude and sexual humor, violent images and strong language - all involving puppets. The film premiered at the Denver Film Festival on October 14,2004 and it has received mostly positive reviews from critics and grossed over $52.1 million worldwide against its $32 million budget. Team America, World Police, a paramilitary force, has a home base located inside Mount Rushmore. The team is led by Spottswoode and a supercomputer named I. N. T. E. L. L. I. G. E. N. C. E, the team, however, regard this as a success. Carson proposes to Lisa, but a surviving terrorist shoots him dead, as a replacement, Spottswoode recruits Gary Johnston, a Broadway actor with college majors in Theater and World Languages. Unbeknownst to the team, North Korean dictator Kim Jong-il is supplying international terrorists with weapons of mass destruction, using his acting skills, Gary successfully infiltrates a terrorist group in Cairo, Egypt. The team manages to kill the terrorists and foil their plot, jackson, Janeane Garofalo, George Clooney, Susan Sarandon, Ethan Hawke, Helen Hunt, Martin Sheen, Danny Glover, Sean Penn and Tim Robbins. As the team following their victory, Gary tells Lisa about his childhood. While the two share some tender emotions and have sex, a group of terrorists blow up the Panama Canal as retaliation for what had happened in Cairo, the Film Actors Guild again blames Team America over the incident regarding the Panama Canal. Gary, realizing that his talents have once again resulted in tragedy. The original members depart for Derkaderkastan, but encounter terrorists and North Korean forces, filmmaker Michael Moore vengefully infiltrates the teams Mount Rushmore base and suicide bombs the area. In North Korea, Kim Jong-il hosts a ceremony, inviting the Film Actors Guild. Using the ceremony as a distraction, Kim Jong-il plans to detonate a series of bombs throughout the world. Succumbing to depression and alcoholism, Gary finds himself reminded of his responsibility by a speech from a drunken drifter. Upon returning to Mount Rushmore, he finds the area in ruins, though Spottswoode, after regaining Spottswoodes trust by giving him a blowjob and undergoing a one-day training course, Gary is sent to North Korea, where he uses his acting skills to free the other members