Category:Films scored by Harry Gregson-Williams
Pages in category "Films scored by Harry Gregson-Williams"
The following 63 pages are in this category, out of 63 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 63 pages are in this category, out of 63 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. Antz – Antz is a 1998 American computer-animated adventure comedy film directed by Eric Darnell and Tim Johnson, written by Paul Weitz, Chris Weitz, and Todd Alcott. The film stars Woody Allen, Sharon Stone, Jennifer Lopez, Sylvester Stallone, Dan Aykroyd, Anne Bancroft, some of the main characters share facial similarities with the actors who voice them. Antz is DreamWorks Pictures first animated film, and the second feature-length computer-animated film after Disney/Pixars Toy Story and this only worsened when Disney refused to avoid competition with DreamWorks intended first animated release, The Prince of Egypt. The film premiered on September 19,1998, at the Toronto International Film Festival and it grossed $171.8 million worldwide on a budget of $42–60 million. In a Central Park ant colony, Z-4195, or Z for short, is a neurotic and pessimistic worker ant who longs to express himself and his friends include fellow worker Azteca and a soldier ant, Weaver. Princess Bala uses a bar to escape her suffocating royal life, to see Bala again, Z exchanges places with Weaver and joins the army, where he befriends Barbatus, a staff sergeant. Z is unaware the armys leader and Balas fiancé General Mandible is secretly sending the soldiers loyal to the Queen Ant to die so he can build a powerful ant colony. At the base of a tree near nightfall, Z realizes he is marching into battle, before dying, Barbatus tells Z to think for himself instead of following orders. Z returns home and is hailed as a war hero, secretly irate, Mandible congratulates him and introduces him to the Queen Ant. There he meets Bala, who recognizes him as a worker. Finding that he has been cornered, Z panics and pretends to take Bala hostage, causing him, after escaping from a magnifying glass, Z searches for Insectopia, a legendary insect paradise. After arguing, Bala attempts to return to the colony but quickly rejoins Z after encountering a praying mantis, news of the incident spreads through the colony, and Zs act of individuality inspires the workers and some soldier ants, halting productivity. To gain control, Mandible publicly portrays Z as a war criminal. Mandible promotes the glory of conformity and promises them a life through the reward of completing a Mega Tunnel planned by himself. However, Colonel Cutter, Mandibles second-in-command, becomes concerned about Mandibles plans, after some misdirection, Z and Bala arrive at a picnic, where they meet two wasps, Chip and Muffy. The human owning the picnic swats Muffy, and Z and Bala end up on a ride on the humans shoes. Finally, Z and Bala find Insectopia, which consists of a human waste-bin overfilled with decaying food, Bala begins to reciprocate Zs feelings. After interrogating Weaver, Mandible learns that Z is looking for Insectopia and sends Cutter to retrieve Bala and that night, Z gathers more stuff to burn at the fire while Cutter arrives in Insectopia and forcefully flies Bala back to the colony
2. Arthur Christmas – Arthur Christmas is a 2011 British-American 3D computer animated Christmas comedy film, produced by Aardman Animations and Sony Pictures Animation as their first collaborative project. The film was released on 11 November 2011, in the UK, directed by Sarah Smith, and co-directed by Barry Cook, it features voices of James McAvoy, Hugh Laurie, Bill Nighy, Jim Broadbent, Imelda Staunton, and Ashley Jensen. Set on Christmas night, the film tells a story about Santa Clauss clumsy son Arthur Claus who discovers that the Santas high-tech ship has failed to deliver one girls present. Arthur Christmas was very well received by critics, who praised its animation and humorous, smart, the film earned $147 million at the box office on a $100 million budget. On Christmas Eve, hundreds of Christmas elves helm the command centre of Santa Claus mile-wide, ultra-high-tech sleigh-esque craft, the current Santa and the Christmas elves deliver presents to every child in the world using advanced equipment and military precision. Meanwhile, his younger son - the clumsy, fearful yet enthusiastic Arthur - devotedly answers the letters to Santa, having completed his 70th mission, Malcolm is portrayed as far past his prime and whose role in field operations now is largely symbolic. Nonetheless, he is held in esteem, and delivers a congratulatory speech to the enraptured elves. Malcolm announces he looks forward to his 71st, much to the frustration of heir-apparent Steve, after Grandsanta knocks the board off the table, Steves PDA flashes and he leaves the table in a hurry. Later, their shares with his wife Margaret his grave doubts about his self-identity should he retire. With Grandsantas and Bryonys help, he manages to recover the sleigh, meanwhile, the elves grow increasingly alarmed at rumours of the neglected delivery and the Clauses unthinkable indifference, sending them into a panic. In response, Malcolm, Margaret, and Steve take the high-tech sleigh-craft to deliver a superior present, Grandsanta sacrifices the sleigh, while Arthur and Bryony to parachute to the ground. Ultimately with Margaret and Bryonys help, all the male Clauses arrive at Gwens house before she awakens, only to have all, noticing that only Arthur truly cares about the girls feelings, the elder Clauses collectively realize that he is the sole worthy successor. As a result, Malcolm gives Arthur the honour and Steve, recognizing his own shortcomings, forfeits his supposed birthright, in a fitting conclusion, Gwen glimpses a snow-bearded Arthur in a wind-buffeted sweater just before he vanishes up into the S-1. With the crisis resolved, Malcolm goes into a retirement with Margaret, he also becomes Grandsantas much-desired new companion. Meanwhile, Steve finds true contentment as the Chief Operating Officer of the North Pole, while Bryony is promoted to Vice-President of Packing, finally, Arthur happily guides the entire enterprise in the proper spirit as the new Santa. James McAvoy as Arthur Claus, the good-natured but clumsy younger son of Malcolm, Hugh Laurie as Steven Steve Claus, Malcolm and Margarets elder son and Arthurs incredibly capable, business oriented, but cynical, older brother. Bill Nighy as Grandsanta, the 136-year-old grumpy but loving grandfather of Steve and he was the 19th to serve in the role of Santa, which he began doing in 1902 when he was 27 years old. Despite having been Santa less than 40 years, he claims to have done 70 missions, Jim Broadbent as Malcolm Santa Claus, the affable but incompetent man in charge at the North Pole, Grandsantas son, Margarets husband, and Steves and Arthurs father
3. Blackhat (film) – Blackhat is a 2015 American action thriller mystery film co-written, co-produced and directed by Michael Mann. The film stars Chris Hemsworth, Tang Wei, Viola Davis, Holt McCallany, the film premiered at the TCL Chinese Theatre in Los Angeles on January 8,2015, and was released in theaters on January 16. Blackhat was a box office bomb, earning only $19.7 million at the box office against a budget of $70 million, at a nuclear plant in Chai Wan, Hong Kong, a hacker causes the coolant pumps to overheat and explode. Not long after in Chicago, the Mercantile Trade Exchange gets hacked, the Chinese government and the FBI determine that the hack was caused by a Remote Access Tool. A military officer in Chinas cyber warfare unit, Captain Chen Dawai, is tasked to find the responsible for the attacks, and enlists the aid of his sister Chen Lien. Dawai asks that the FBI arrange for Hathaway to be released from prison, Hathaway is offered temporary release in exchange for his services. A dead colleagues computer yields a clue to a connection, so Hathaway and Lien go to the rendezvous, in Hong Kong, the team works with Hong Kong inspector Alex Trang and traces the stock trade money to a known paramilitary operative named Elias Kassar. A stakeout team is murdered while Hathaway, Jessup, Chen, Trang along with a Special Duties Unit team raid Kassars hideout, a shootout ensues and Trang as well as a number of SDU officers are killed. The nuclear plant has stabilized enough to retrieve a data drive from the control room, Agent Barrett turns a blind eye while Hathaway hacks into the NSA to use a fossiled data tool called Black Widow to reconstruct the corrupted data. He learns that the server is based in Jakarta. Lien finds out the hacker has been buying high-resolution satellite photos of a site near Seri Manjung, Hathaways hack into the NSA does not go unnoticed and the US government demands his return to prison. Dawais superiors agree as they do not want to antagonize the US, while Barrett and her partner Agent Jessup receive orders to detain Hathaway. Dawai, Lien and Hathaway manage to elude their pursuers and make plans to leave Hong Kong and continue their investigation when they are attacked by Kassar and his men, who have been following them. Dawai is killed, shortly after, Barrett and Jessup, who have been tracking Hathaway using an ankle bracelet, while both Barrett and Jessup are killed in a firefight, they buy enough time for Lien and Hathaway to escape into the subway. Hathaway and Lien travel to the location of the photos in Malaysia to try. The two then travel to Jakarta and using a distraction manage to gain access to the hackers server. They manage to transfer the money from his Hong Kong bank. The hacker and Hathaway agree to meet to negotiate the return of the money, Hathaway insists the red hat and Kassar come alone but they bring their gang along
4. The Borrowers (1997 film) – The Borrowers is a 1997 British–American live-action fantasy comedy film based on the childrens novel of the same name by author Mary Norton. In 1998 it was nominated for the title of Best British Film in the British Academy of Film and Television Arts awards, the film also picked up another two nominations and one win in awards. Some of the scenes were shot on location in the village of Theale, near Reading, Berkshire. When the film was released in the United Kingdom, it opened on #2, the next week, the film regained the position, though under Tomorrow Never Dies. Young Pete Lender is setting up traps around his house, explaining to his parents that things in their house are being stolen, however, it turns out that a family of tiny people, are living in the house, borrowing stuff without being seen. Pod Clock and his children, Arrietty and Peagreen, make their way through the kitchen to borrow the radios battery, Arrietty, while treating herself with some ice cream in the freezer, is accidentally shut inside just as the Lenders return. Pod manages to rescue Arietty, but jams the ice cube tube in the process and is forced to leave one of his gadgets behind, Arietty is trapped by Pete, who is actually astonished to discover the Borrowers. Pete also explains to Arietty that the house is being demolished due to the absence of Mrs. Allabasters will, meaning that both families will have to move. Unfortunately, during the journey, Arrietty and Peagreen fall out of the truck and make their way back to the old house. However, Potter turns up and finds the hidden in a safe inside the wall. It turns out that Mrs. Allabaster had stated that she did not trust banks and preferred to keep the will in the house, something Potter deliberately kept from his clients. But as he tries to burn it, Arrietty and Peagreen recover the will, upon seeing the Clocks underground home, Potter calls the local exterminator Jeff, but they manage to escape. Meanwhile, Pod and his wife Homily discover that their children are missing and, with Petes help, track them to the milk factory, Pod rescues Peagreen from drowning just as Arrietty and Spiller, an underground Borrower, reunite with them. Unfortunately, Potter catches them, steals the will and ties them to the cheese machine, Spiller cheeks Potter to the point that Potter dumps him in another machine, apparently killing him, but Spiller manages to escape. Just before the cheese can hit, Pete arrives and turns the machine off, with Jeffs help, Pete and the Borrowers follow Potter to City Hall to stop him arranging the demolition. He is briefly stalled thanks to the receptionist who gives him confusing directions to the office in response to his rude behavior. When he finally reaches the door, he himself trapped inside the storeroom instead where the Clocks tie his hands to his face with Cellotape. In his rage, Potter breaks off and attempts to vacuum the Clocks when an army of Borrowers turns up to save them
5. Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (film) – It stars Renée Zellweger as Bridget Jones, Colin Firth as Mark Darcy, and Hugh Grant as Daniel Cleaver. Despite this, the film was a box office success, grossing over $260 million worldwide, the film begins shortly before Bridgets mothers annual Turkey Curry Buffet. Bridget is ecstatic about her relationship with Mark Darcy, however, Bridgets confidence in her relationship is shattered when she meets Marks colleague, the beautiful Rebecca Gillies. Bridget meets her ex, Daniel Cleaver, at her job for Sit-Up Britain and is offered a position as the Smooth Guidess, Bridget initially refuses, declaring that Daniel Cleaver a deceitful, sexist, disgusting specimen of humanity. Bridget is delighted when Mark invites her to the Law Council Dinner, assuming he will propose afterwards, after the Law Council Dinner, Mark and Bridget have an argument and she walks away from him. Mark goes to Bridgets apartment, apologizes, and tells her he loves her for the first time, later in the night, Mark asks Bridget if shed like to go on a ski holiday in Vorarlberg, Austria. Once on the slopes, she learns Rebecca recommended the vacation spot to Mark, while on the holiday, Bridget thinks shes pregnant, after an argument concerning the future of children, the pregnancy test proves negative. After they return home, Bridget and Mark have lunch with both of their parents, when the subject of marriage comes up during conversation, Bridget is hurt by Marks comment that its not something theyre even thinking about yet. Bridget, hearing that answer, breaks up with Mark and goes with Daniel to Thailand to film The Smooth Guide with her friend, Bridget and Daniel flirt in Thailand. Bridget loses faith in Daniel again when she is in a hotel room, Daniel later says that the gorgeous Thai girl was revealed to be a gorgeous Thai boy. While packing up for their trip home, Shazzer asks Bridget to put Jeds gift in her bag. Bridget is arrested and sent to a Thai prison after airport security-dogs detect a large stash of cocaine inside the gift, in prison, Bridget spends her time sharing relationship stories with the inmates and teaching them Madonnas Like a Virgin. Mark arrives to tell Bridget that his superiors have sent him to put her release in motion, Bridget identifies Jed in a picture as the man who gave Shazzer the hidden cocaine. Mark walks away after stating that he was just the messenger. In Britain, Mark confronts Daniel for not helping Bridget when she was arrested, eventually, Daniel swears off Bridget for good and sarcastically suggests that Mark just marry her. Bridget arrives at Heathrow Airport as an international human-rights celebrity and she is greeted by her parents, who have been busy planning their vow renewal ceremony. Hopeful that he loves her, she runs to his house. She finds Rebecca there and assumes that there is a relationship between Mark and her
6. Chicken Run – Chicken Run is a 2000 stop-motion comedy-drama film produced by the British studio Aardman Animations. As the studios first feature-length film, it was directed by Peter Lord and it was co-financed by DreamWorks Pictures and Pathé, with the former distributing the film worldwide except for Europe, where it was handled by Pathé. The film features the voices of Julia Sawalha, Mel Gibson, Timothy Spall, Phil Daniels, Tony Haygarth, Chicken Run received positive reviews from critics, and grossed over $224 million, becoming the highest-grossing stop motion animated film ever. Mr. and Mrs. Tweedy run a chicken farm in Yorkshire, the chickens are caged in the style of a prison camp with a high fence and barbed wire. Chickens that fail to produce eggs are slaughtered for food. Frustrated at the minuscule profits generated by the farm, Mrs. Tweedy comes up with the idea of converting their farm into the production of chicken pot pies. However, she is caught and put into solitary confinement. While thinking of a new plan, Ginger witnesses a Rhode Island Red cockerel fly over the fence and crash into one of the coops, Ginger and the other chickens help to hide him from the Tweedys and care for his wing, learning that his name is Rocky. Ginger is particularly interested in Rockys ability to fly and begs him to train her. Rocky is coy, but proceeds to try to train the chickens. Meanwhile, Mr. Tweedy begins assembling their pie-making production line, amid the training, Rocky holds a large party to help relieve the stress, it is revealed his wing is healed, and Ginger insists he show them how to fly the next day. However, Mr. Tweedy completes the line and immediately grabs Ginger for a test run. Rocky is able to save Ginger and helps to damage the machine, giving the chickens only a short time to plan to escape while Mr. Tweedy repairs it. When morning arrives, Ginger finds Rocky has fled, leaving behind a part of a poster that shows him to be a stunt cockerel, shot out of a cannon from a nearby circus, Ginger and the other chickens are depressed. All the chickens, with help from the rats, secretly assemble the parts for the plane from their coops while racing against Mr. Tweedys repairs. While travelling the countryside, Rocky sees a billboard for Mrs. Tweedys Chicken Pies and is inspired to go back to help, with the machine now fixed, Mrs. Tweedy insists that Mr. Tweedy gather all the chickens, but the chickens are ready to escape. They knock Mr. Tweedy out and tie him up enough to complete assembly of their plane. Just before they take off, Rocky returns and joins them, whilst taking off, Mrs. Tweedy chases them down and catches onto a Christmas light strand snagged in the wheels
7. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian – It is the second in The Chronicles of Narnia film series from Walden Media, following The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. The four Pevensie children return to Narnia to aid Prince Caspian in his struggle with the help of Aslan for the throne against his corrupt uncle. The film was released on May 16,2008 in the United States, the screenplay based on the novel by C. S. Lewis was written by Stephen McFeely and Christopher Markus. Work on the script began before The Lion, the Witch, director Andrew Adamson wanted to make the film more spectacular than the first, and created an action sequence not in the novel. The Narnians were designed to look wilder as they have been hiding from persecution, the filmmakers also took a Spanish influence for the antagonistic race of the Telmarines. Filming began in February 2007 in New Zealand, but unlike the previous film, to keep costs down, Adamson chose to base post-production in the UK, because of recent tax credits there. The film was a success at the box office, grossing over $141 million in the United States and Canada. It received mostly positive reviews from critics, some took issue with the portrayal of all the heroes having British accents while the villains are Spanish in appearance. The film became 2008s 10th highest-grossing film worldwide, Cornelius gives him Queen Susans ancient magical horn, instructing him to blow it only at his greatest need. Caspian flees into the woods where he encounters two Narnian dwarfs, Trumpkin and Nikabrik, and a badger named Trufflehunter. Being chased by Telmarine guards, and feeling threatened by Narnians, in England, the Pevensie children are waiting for a tube train when the station suddenly starts collapsing, and they are magically transported to Narnia. At first they are overjoyed, but soon realize that time has passed since their last visit. Lord Sopespian suspects Mirazs motives, and discusses his treasonous thoughts with his ally, the Pevensies save Trumpkin from being drowned by two Telmarines, he realizes that the four children are the Kings and Queens of Old and they continue on together. Lucy glimpses Aslan and tries convincing the others that she has seen him, Nikabrik and Trufflehunter lead Caspian to a gathering of the old Narnians, where he convinces them to help him win his throne so he can return their land. They meet the Pevensies and Trumpkin, and all journey to Aslans How, Peter decides they will attack Mirazs castle, rejecting Lucys advice that they wait for Aslan to return. The Narnians raid Mirazs castle, but Caspian ruins the plan by freeing Cornelius instead of opening the gate and he learns that Miraz killed his father, and confronts Miraz but is wounded. Overwhelmed, Peter calls for a retreat, Peter, Susan, Edmund, Caspian and the Narnians escape with heavy losses. Upon returning to Aslans How, Peter and Caspian argue, while back at the castle, Nikabrik, with the aid of a hag and a werewolf, offers Caspian his help to guarantee victory
8. Cowboys & Aliens – Cowboys & Aliens is a 2011 American Space Western-action film directed by Jon Favreau and starring Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, and Olivia Wilde. The film is based on the 2006 graphic novel of the name created by Scott Mitchell Rosenberg. The plot revolves around an outlaw, a wealthy cattleman. The screenplay was written by Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, Damon Lindelof, Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby, the film was produced by Brian Grazer, Ron Howard, Kurtzman, Orci and Rosenberg, with Steven Spielberg and Favreau serving as executive producers. After the graphic novel was published in 2006, development on the film was begun again, on a budget of $163 million, filming for Cowboys & Aliens began in June 2010, in New Mexico and California. Despite studio pressure to release the film in 3-D, Favreau chose to film traditionally, measures were taken to maintain a serious Western element despite the films inherently comic title and premise. Cowboys & Aliens premiered at the 2011 San Diego Comic-Con and was released theatrically in the United States, the film was considered to be a financial disappointment, taking $174.8 million in box office receipts on a $163 million budget. Cowboys & Aliens received mixed reviews, with critics praising its acting and production. In 1873 New Mexico Territory, an unnamed loner awakens injured in the desert with no memory and he wanders into the town of Absolution, where preacher Meacham treats his wound. Sheriff Taggart recognizes the stranger as wanted outlaw Jake Lonergan and attempts to arrest him, Jake beats up the posse sent to take him in and nearly escapes, but a woman named Ella Swenson knocks him out. Taggart prepares to transport both Jake and volatile drunk Percy Dolarhyde to Santa Fe for trial, percys father, Colonel Woodrow Dolarhyde, a ruthless cattle baron, demands Percy be released. He also demands Jake be released to him, since Jake had stolen gold from him, during the standoff, alien spacecraft begin attacking the town. Percy, the sheriff and other townsfolk are abducted by long, Jakes shackle unfolds and becomes a weapon, he shoots down a ship, ending the attack. Dolarhyde, Ella, and other form a posse to track an injured alien that escaped from the downed ship. Meanwhile, Jake travels to a cabin and, in a flashback, recalls returning to it with stolen gold and then being abducted, along with a woman named Alice. His memories returning, Jake joins up with the posse, during the evening, the group comes upon a capsized paddle wheel steamboat that the aliens apparently dumped miles from any water. They camp in it, and during the night the alien they were tracking kills Meacham, by morning, most of the posse has deserted, and those remaining are attacked by Jakes former gang. Jake, who had stolen the gangs loot after their last heist, attempts to retake control, the aliens begin attacking them again and Ella is captured