Category:Gaither High School alumni
Pages in category "Gaither High School alumni"
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total, this list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total, this list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. Gaither High School – Gaither High School is a public high school located in the Northdale area of Hillsborough County, Florida. It opened in 1984 and is located on 16200 North Dale Mabry Highway, bloomingdale High School, located in Valrico, Florida, was built around the same time and has the same architectural design. He served over 40 years in the Hillsborough County School System, when Gaither first opened up its doors in 1984-85, Seniors were not in attendance, and the school served only 9th-11th graders. In the 1985-86 year, Gaither kept its doors open to 9th graders, the following year in 1986-87, Gaither ceased to include 9th graders and began to only house the 10th-12th grades until 1997 when Gaither reinstated a four-year program. Gaither‘s graduating class of 1988 was the very first group of students that all four years. Graduating class of 1989 would be the second, the schools most historical rival is Chamberlain High School, however Sickles High School became a prominent rival school for the Cowboys when it opened in 1997. Contemporarily, the schools most modern and primary rival is Steinbrenner High School, students from Ben Hill and Buchanan Middle School make up the majority of the population of Gaither students, however there are also many students from Martinez, Adams, and Walker Middle Schools. Each year, the hosts a Special Olympics and a Multicultural Assembly. The schools Homecoming is called Starlight, Gaither High School offers many courses in performing and fine arts. Gaither offers a variety of sports for student participation. Sports for both boys and girls cross country, golf, swimming, volleyball, basketball, soccer, tennis. In addition, boys sports include baseball, wrestling and football while girls compete in softball, flag football and competitive cheer. In certain situations girls may compete on teams that do not have a comparable girls team, this typically is found in wrestling. The school offers clubs and extracurricular activities for its students. Types of clubs include, Co-Curricular Clubs, Interest Clubs, Honor Clubs/ Societies, Student Government/ Senate, Gaither High School is 40% Hispanic, 39% White, 11% Black, 4% Asian, 5% Multi-Racial, and 1% Indian. R. Russell, Kentucky Xtreme wide receiver Brittany Snow, actress Jenn Sterger, sports reporter and model Channing Tatum, actor Chad Zerbe, San Francisco Giants relief pitcher Gaither High website
2. Tampa, Florida – Tampa is a major city in, and the county seat of, Hillsborough County, Florida. It is located on the west coast of Florida on Tampa Bay, near the Gulf of Mexico, the city had a population of 346,037 in 2011. The current location of Tampa was once inhabited by peoples of the Safety Harbor culture. The area was explored by Spanish explorers in the 16th century, resulting in violent conflicts and the introduction of European diseases, which wiped out the original native cultures. In 1824, the United States Army established a frontier outpost called Fort Brooke at the mouth of the Hillsborough River, near the site of todays Tampa Convention Center. The first civilian residents were pioneers who settled near the fort for protection from the nearby Seminole population, today, Tampa is part of the metropolitan area most commonly referred to as the Tampa Bay Area. For U. S. Census purposes, Tampa is part of the Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, the Greater Tampa Bay area has over 4 million residents and generally includes the Tampa and Sarasota metro areas. The Tampa Bay Partnership and U. S. Census data showed an annual growth of 2.47 percent. A2012 estimate shows the Tampa Bay area population to have 4,310,524 people, Tampa was ranked as the 5th best outdoor city by Forbes in 2008. Tampa also ranks as the fifth most popular American city, based on where people want to live, a 2004 survey by the NYU newspaper Washington Square News ranked Tampa as a top city for twenty-somethings. Tampa is ranked as a Gamma+ world city by Loughborough University, ranked alongside other world cities such as Phoenix, Charlotte, Rotterdam, and Santo Domingo. The word Tampa may mean sticks of fire in the language of the Calusa and this might be a reference to the many lightning strikes that the area receives during the summer months. Other historians claim the name means the place to gather sticks, toponymist George R. Stewart writes that the name was the result of a miscommunication between the Spanish and the Indians, the Indian word being itimpi, meaning simply near it. The name first appears in the Memoir of Hernando de Escalante Fontaneda and he calls it Tanpa and describes it as an important Calusa town. While Tanpa may be the basis for the modern name Tampa, archaeologist Jerald Milanich places the Calusa village of Tanpa at the mouth of Charlotte Harbor, the original Bay of Tanpa. A later Spanish expedition did not notice Charlotte Harbor while sailing north along the west coast of Florida, the name was accidentally transferred north. Map makers were using the term Bay or Bahia Tampa as early as 1695, people from Tampa are known as Tampans or Tampanians. Latin Americans from Tampa are known as tampeños, or tampeñas for females and these terms of Spanish origin emerged after 1900 for the immigrant communities in West Tampa and Ybor City
3. Kevin Cash – Kevin Forrest Cash is a former American professional baseball catcher and coach. He is currently the manager of the Tampa Bay Rays of Major League Baseball, during his playing career, Cash played in MLB for the Toronto Blue Jays, Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees, Houston Astros, and Texas Rangers. He served as the coach for the Cleveland Indians, before being hired as the Rays manager in December 2014. Cash played for Northside Little League in Florida when they made it to the Little League World Series in 1989, Cash played college baseball for the Florida State University Seminoles under head coach Mike Martin. In the summer of 1999, he played for the Falmouth Commodores of the Cape Cod Baseball League, played in College World Series 1998 and NCAA Runner-Up in 1999 at Florida State. Cash played a total of 101 games from 2002 to 2004 with the Toronto Blue Jays, serving mainly as a backup, Cash joined the Devil Rays in 2005. On April 5,2006, the Devil Rays designated Cash for assignment, Cash signed a minor league contract with the Boston Red Sox on January 24,2007. On August 17,2007, Red Sox backup catcher Doug Mirabelli pulled a calf muscle rounding third base in the first game of a doubleheader against the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, Cash was flown to Boston from Ottawa to catch in the nightcap of the doubleheader. He made it to Fenway Park after the game had started and he started the game on August 19 against the Angels. On November 2,2007, Cash opted for free agency after refusing to accept an assignment to AAA Pawtucket. On December 13,2007, Cash re-signed with the Red Sox to a league contract. On March 25,2008, Cashs contract was purchased and he acted as the personal catcher for knuckleball pitcher Tim Wakefield after Doug Mirabelli left the Sox. He was also notable for wearing his plastic catchers cap forward under his mask, normally, catchers will turn the cap around to provide stability for their mask. In Boston, Cash wore the uniform number 36, except from August 16,2008 to the end of the 2008 season, due to Paul Byrds joining the Red Sox, during this period, Cash switched to number 30. On December 12,2008, Cash was non-tendered by the Red Sox, on December 23,2008, Cash signed a minor league deal with the New York Yankees with an invitation to Spring Training. He began the 2009 season with the Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees, on May 8, Cash was called up due to injuries to both Jorge Posada and José Molina. He was optioned to AAA Scranton on May 29 and was placed on the reserve list after undergoing surgery to repair a torn rotator. Released by the New York Yankees organization on September 5,2009, however, he soon changed his mind, and on January 22,2010, Cash signed a minor league contract with the Houston Astros
4. Carlton Mitchell – Carlton Mitchell is an American football wide receiver who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League in the round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football at South Florida, Mitchell played college football at South Florida, where he was the schools career leader in receiving yards until his record was broken by Andre Davis in 2014. He announced on January 9,2010 that he would forgo his senior season, Mitchell is also a member of Phi Beta Sigma fraternity. Mitchell was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the round of the 2010 NFL Draft. In the 2010 NFL Season he played in five games as a rookie, in 2011, he played in eleven games catching three passes. On August 26,2012, Mitchell was released by the Browns after being hampered by a leg injury in training camp, Mitchell was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars on November 21,2012. He was released on November 24,2012, Mitchell signed with the Dallas Cowboys on January 7,2013. He was released on May 29,2013, on June 4,2013, Mitchell signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. On August 26,2013, he was waived by the Buccaneers, on October 14,2013 Mitchell signed with the Edmonton Eskimos. In the 2013 CFL Expansion Draft, Mitchell was selected with the 6th pick in the first round, Mitchell was a member of the Atlanta Falcons in the 2015 pre-season, but did not survive the finals cuts as he was released on September 5,2015. Tampa Bay Buccaneers bio South Florida Bulls bio Official Website
5. Brittany Snow – Brittany Anne Snow is an American actress and singer. She then played the protagonist Meg Pryor on the NBC series American Dreams for which she was nominated for a Young Artist Award and her subsequent television roles have included Ariel Alderman on Nip/Tuck and Jenna Backstrom on Harrys Law. Aside from acting and singing, Snow is also the co-creator of the Love is Louder movement, Snow was born and raised in Tampa, Florida, the daughter of Cinda and John Snow. She has a half-brother, John, Jr. and a half-sister and she attended Gaither High School in Tampa. Snow began modeling at the age of three in a print ad for Burdines and she was on CBS Guiding Light for three years as troubled teen Susan Daisy Lemay. She played Meg Pryor on NBCs American Dreams and neo-Nazi high school student Ariel Alderman on the season of Nip/Tuck. In 2005, she appeared in The Pacifier with action star Vin Diesel, in 2006, she was in the film John Tucker Must Die and voiced Naminé in the video game Kingdom Hearts II and Shizuku Tsukishima in the Studio Ghibli film Whisper of the Heart. She also portrayed a woman afflicted with bipolar disorder in the season seven finale of Law & Order. Snow appeared on the video for The Phrase That Pays by The Academy Is. which was released in July 2006. In 2007, she appeared in Hairspray, a adaptation of the Broadway musical, playing Amber Von Tussle. She had already worked with Hairspray director Adam Shankman on the Disney film The Pacifier, with her role in Hairspray, her musical side is shown in several numbers including a solo entitled The New Girl In Town, a song previously cut from the Broadway musical version. She played the role in Prom Night, which was released in April 2008. On January 17,2011, Snow began appearing as a regular in the first season of the legal drama Harrys Law as Jenna. Also in 2011, she starred alongside Evan Ross in the cautionary thriller 96 Minutes, on November 9,2012, Snow was cast in the sitcom Ben and Kate as Lila, a love interest for Tommy. In 2012, Snow starred in the comedy film Pitch Perfect, as a cappella singer Chloe, alongside Anna Kendrick, Anna Camp, Rebel Wilson, Alexis Knapp. She reprised her role in Pitch Perfect 2 and it has been confirmed she will reprise her role in the third installment Pitch Perfect 3. Snow has spoken openly about her battles with eating disorders and co-created the Love is Louder Movement with the JED Foundation to support anyone feeling mistreated, hopeless, or alone. Thousands of individuals, campuses, and communities have used Love is Louders programs, events and clubs to address such as bullying, body image, discrimination
6. Jenn Sterger – Jennifer Jenn Lynette Sterger is a model, television personality, and former online columnist for Sports Illustrated. She has worked as the Gameday Host for the New York Jets and was a co-host of the 2010 Versus sports news show The Daily Line, Sterger was born in Miami and attended Gaither High School near Tampa before attending Florida State University. On seeing the shot, announcer Brent Musburger commented on-air that 1,500 red-blooded Americans just decided to apply to Florida State, Sterger has posed in Maxim and Playboy magazines and was a spokesperson for Dr Pepper and Sprint. Sterger was featured on the E, entertainment Television show Byte Me,20 Hottest Women of the Web that originally aired in March 2008, where she was #19 on their list. In 2009, Sterger had her breast implants removed, stating that they had served their purpose for her career, after contributing two articles to Sports Illustrated, Sterger, for some time, wrote a Wednesday feature on SI. coms Scorecard Daily. In August 2008, the New York Jets hired her to be the Gameday Host for the team, Sterger was a regular segment host on the ABC show Race to March Madness. The nationally televised weekly show highlighted the best teams in NCAA mens basketball and she hosted a weekly segment where she visited a top schools campus and interviewed players, coaches and fans of the respective teams. After seven months on the air, Versus cancelled The Daily Line, in 2011, Sterger worked as a reporter on specials for Fuel TV. In 2012 she moved to Los Angeles to pursue her acting career, the league said its sole focus was on whether Favre violated workplace conduct policy, not to “make judgments about the appropriateness of personal relationships. ”Favre admitted to sending voicemails, but not images to Sterger. He was later fined $50,000 for failure to cooperate with the investigation, the NFL stated that it could not conclude that Favre had violated the personal conduct policy, and that there was not sufficient evidence to establish if Favre had sent the photos. On December 23,2016, Sterger became engaged to baseball player Cody Decker. Stergers official site Stergers official blog Stergers stories at NFL Gridiron Gab Jenn Sterger at the Internet Movie Database
7. Channing Tatum – Channing Matthew Tatum is an American actor, dancer, and former stripper. Tatum made his debut in the drama film Coach Carter. His breakthrough role was in the 2006 dance film Step Up and he is known for his portrayal of the character Duke in the 2009 action film G. I. Joe, The Rise of Cobra and its 2013 sequel G. I, Joe films received negative reviews from critics, they were commercially successful, grossing more than $300 million at the box office. Tatum is also known for his role in Magic Mike. He appeared in films as Dear John and The Vow and his other films include Shes the Man, The Dilemma, White House Down, the drama Foxcatcher, The Hateful Eight and Hail, Caesar. Tatum was born in Cullman, Alabama, the son of Kay, a worker, and Glenn Tatum. He has a sister named Paige and he is mostly of English ancestry. His family moved to the Pascagoula, Mississippi area when he was six and he grew up in the bayous near the Mississippi River, where he lived in a rural setting. Tatum has discussed having dealt with attention deficit disorder and dyslexia while growing up, athletic while growing up, he played football, soccer, track, baseball, and performing martial arts, he has said that girls were always biggest distraction in school. As a child, he practiced wuzuquan kung fu, Tatum spent most of his teenage years in the Tampa area, and initially attended Gaither High School. He later attended Glenville State College in Glenville, West Virginia on a football scholarship and he returned home and started working odd jobs. US Weekly reported that around this time Tatum left his job as a roofer and began working as a stripper at a local nightclub, in 2010, he told an Australian newspaper that he wanted to make a movie about his experiences as a stripper. That idea led to the movie Magic Mike, Tatum moved to Miami, where he was discovered by a model talent scout. In 2000, Tatum was first cast as a dancer in Ricky Martins She Bangs music video, after an audition in Orlando, Florida and his experience in the fashion industry began as a model working for noted clients such as Armani and Abercrombie & Fitch. He soon moved into television commercials, landing spots for Mountain Dew. He subsequently signed with Page 305, an agency in Miami. He was cast by Al David for Vogue magazine and soon appeared in campaigns for Abercrombie & Fitch, Nautica, Dolce & Gabbana, American Eagle Outfitters