Category:Interscope Records compilation albums
Pages in category "Interscope Records compilation albums"
The following 38 pages are in this category, out of 38 total, this list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 38 pages are in this category, out of 38 total, this list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. 7 (U2 EP) – 7 is an EP by the Irish rock band U2, released exclusively at Target Stores in the United States in 2002. It collects various B-sides from All That You Cant Leave Behind-era singles, the title refers to the number of tracks. Likewise, at the time of its release 7 was priced at almost seven US dollars, the title is also a homage to Three, the groups first release. 7 was released at all 1,055 Target Stores in the US on 22 January 2002, at the stores, it originally sold for price of US$6.99. All tracks written by U2, with lyrics by Bono except where noted, always is an early version of Beautiful Day. Big Girls Are Best was a leftover from the Pop sessions and this Influx mix of Elevation was used to open shows on the Elevation Tour. The single version of Walk On, which was released on the single with the cover, was also featured in concerts, while a live version was released on America. In 2002 another mix of Walk On called the Hallelujah mix was released on a promotional CD
2. 24 Shots – 24 Shots is a compilation album by artist 50 Cent, following his professional debut album, Get Rich or Die Tryin. 24 Shots features tracks recorded before his debut with Shady Records & Aftermath Entertainment. It has tracks from other albums and mixtapes, including the unreleased Power of the Dollar. It also features unused tracks for Get Rich or Die Tryin, some songs have later surfaced on other albums, such as Ecstasy, which was re-released on G-Units Beg for Mercy with no alterations as I Smell Pussy. In Da Club was also on this album, simultaneously with Get Rich or Die Tryin, most songs have been re-mastered from their original vinyl records, notably singles from Power of the Dollar, such as How to Rob. Follow Me Gangster also appeared on the Cradle 2 the Grave soundtrack in 2003, most songs have been remastered from their vinyl masters, with some having additional instruments and sounds added in the background, notably How to Rob compared to the 1999 original. Nearly every song in the album starts with a sound clip, alongside that noise,50 Cent is heard saying, This is 50 Cent, You are now rapping with 50 Cent and New York City. “ Source, Discogs
3. The Best (t.A.T.u. album) – The Best is a CD/ set from the Russian group t. A. T. u. Featuring hit singles, rare mixes, three unreleased tracks, a live concert, music videos and more. There are two versions of the set, one only a CD, and another with a CD. In Korea, the Deluxe Edition came with a poster, in the U. S. only the CD version was sold, and only in Best Buy stores. However, for U. S. online retailers, it was available, the Best was t. A. T. u. s final release with the Universal Music Group label. Previously they went through Universal International, the set was released on September 4,2006 in Korea and Brazil, September 11 in Europe, September 27 in Japan, September 29 in Germany and October 10 in the U. S. It was later releases on the iTunes Store on November 7, there were different releases of the album, including a cassette, compact disc, DVD and Vinyl. The Best received generally positive reviews music critics. Stephen Thomas Erlwine from Allmusic gave it four out of five stars and he concluding saying since a little t. A. T. u. However, he did say that the album was too early for a release, there were a lot of facts, misspelled words and other associated issues with the album. In the sides there is missing a dot in the t. A. T. u, the song Ya Soshla S Uma was misspelled on the back cover. It was listed as Ya Soshia S Uma, while Nas Ne Dogonyat was spelled as Nas Ne Dagoniat, although it is a valid translation. Both those versions are not the Russian edits, although neither Novaya Model nor Perfect Enemy were singles, only Perfect Enemy was included on the compilation album (although Russian radio stations played Novaya Model. The album claims to have 3 unreleased songs, although only Null, the other two songs were a remix and the previously released Divine. Also, it says Divine was an edit, however it is not different from the b-side on All About Us. The album was going to include Prostye Dvizheniya, however, for unknown reasons. On the back cover of the Deluxe Edition the music videos for Friend or Foe, •,2002 version, the edit used on the English counterpart of 200 Po Vstrechnoy,200 Km/H in the Wrong Lane
4. Boom Box (No Doubt album) – Boom Box is a limited-edition box set album by the American rock band No Doubt, released on November 25,2003 through Interscope Records. It compiled The Singles 1992–2003, The Videos 1992–2003, Everything in Time, the Singles 1992–2003 was also released on a separate CD on the same date. Everything in Time was released as a separate CD later on October 12,2004, the Videos 1992–2003 was released as a separate DVD on May 4,2004. At the time of Boom Boxs release, Live in the Tragic Kingdom had already released on VHS. Everything in Time is an album of B-sides, rare songs and remixes, Live in the Tragic Kingdom is a recording of a concert filmed during the bands tour for Tragic Kingdom. The release of Boom Box received very little coverage from music critics because it was not a studio album, the few reviews it received were positive. The album charted at number 206 on the Top Internet Albums, Everything in Time, in its separate release, charted on the US Billboard 200 at number 182. No Doubt released five studio albums throughout its career before going into hiatus and their debut album, No Doubt, was released on March 17,1992. It sold only 30,000 copies on its release. No Doubt therefore financed the production of a video for the song Trapped in a Box. No Doubt recorded their album, The Beacon Street Collection. It was released independently, because No Doubt had recorded songs that they knew would not make it onto Tragic Kingdom and were frustrated by a lack of attention from their label. They released two singles from it, Squeal and Doghouse, the Beacon Street Collection sold 100,000 copies. No Doubts independence shocked their company representative and ensured that the label would finance a third album, the bands third album, Tragic Kingdom, was released shortly after The Beacon Street Collection, on October 10,1995 under Interscope Records. Work began on the album in 1993 but Interscope rejected most of the material, the band was introduced to Paul Palmer, who had his own label Trauma Records, which was already associated with Interscope. Palmer mixed the record and was allowed to release Tragic Kingdom under Trauma Records, the album produced seven singles, Just a Girl, Spiderwebs, Dont Speak, Excuse Me Mr. Happy Now. In total, Tragic Kingdom sold over 16 million copies worldwide, and was certified diamond in the United States and Canada, No Doubts fourth studio album was Return of Saturn, released on April 11,2000 after two and a half years of touring to promote Tragic Kingdom. The album spawned four singles—New, a song from the soundtrack to the movie Go, Ex-Girlfriend, Simple Kind of Life, Return of Saturn sold 1.4 million copies upon its release
5. Born This Way: The Collection – Born This Way, The Collection is the third compilation album by American singer-songwriter Lady Gaga, released on November 18,2011, by Interscope Records. The three-disc set includes her second studio album Born This Way, the remix album Born This Way, The Remix, photographer Nick Knight shot the cover of the release, which showed Gaga wearing a dress made of slime by designer Bart Hess. The box set was enclosed as a digipak with new booklets, the release received positive feedback from reviewers, but had minor commercial success, only entering charts in Greece, Italy, and South Korea. In October 2011, Lady Gaga announced plans to release a box set titled Born This Way, The Collection, along with the collection, she also planned to release a coffee table book called Lady Gaga x Terry Richardson, containing pictures shot during The Monster Ball Tour. The album cover was released on October 21,2011, the image shows Gaga wearing a dress made of slime by designer Bart Hess, a Perspex hat made by Charlie le Mindu, and heels by Alexander McQueen. Photographer Nick Knight shot the cover, and was one of the outtakes from the imagery shot for Born This Way. New booklets were also provided alongside the regular ones and the case was in a digipak. Idolator created a contest for a fan to win the box set, by tweeting about the release, Born This Way, The Collection debuted on the Greek Albums Chart at number 67 on the chart of December 16,2011. The following week the album climbed eighteen positions, reaching number 49, the album debuted on South Korean International Albums Chart at number 18 on the chart of December 3,2011, remaining on the chart of South Korea for just one week
6. Duals – Duals is a compilation album released by the Irish rock band U2 in April 2011 only available to u2. com subscribers. The Wanderer taken from the Zooropa album,1993, falling at Your Feet taken from the The Million Dollar Hotel soundtrack,2000. Miss Sarajevo taken from Passengers, Original Soundtracks 1,1995, slow Dancing was a B-side to If God Will Send His Angels single,1997. The Saints are Coming taken from the U218 Singles compilation,2006, Sunday Bloody Sunday recorded at Mt. Mount Stadium on 25 November 2010. One taken from Mary J Blige The Breakthrough album,2006, when Love Comes To Town taken from Rattle and Hum album,1988. Stuck in a Moment You Cant Get Out Of recorded at the 25th Anniversary Rock & Roll Hall of Fame concert at Madison Square Garden,30 October 2009, the Ballad of Ronnie Drew was released as a single in 2008. Im Not Your Baby taken from The End of Violence soundtrack,1997, stranded was written for Hope for Haiti Now album. Drunk Chicken / America taken from the remastered The Joshua Tree album,2007
7. GRRR! – GRRR. is a greatest hits album by The Rolling Stones. Released on 9 November 2012 in Europe, and the rest of the world on 12 November, the album features two new songs titled Doom and Gloom and One More Shot, which were recorded in August 2012. Doom and Gloom peaked at No.61 in the UK Charts, No.26 on the Billboard Japan Hot 100, Rolling Stone named Doom and Gloom the 18th best song of 2012. The album reached #3 on the UK Albums Chart and #19 on the Billboard 200 and it went on to sell over 2 million copies worldwide. The artwork depicts a gorilla with the Stones tongue-and-lips logo created by John Pasche and it Makes Me Think of that Awful Day on the Island. Ford explained that he saw the Rolling Stones as a sort of silverback, ” and the band could be compared to Kong due to their kind of enormity of their accomplishment over the period of 50 years. ”The band approved the image declaring that “The irreverence of Walton Ford’s imagery captured the spirit of the tour”, but fans were not so welcoming. Limited editions of the art were made by Ford and put on sale, an augmented reality app allowed to see an animated version of the GRRR. cover. Hingston Studios handled the art direction, including the handwritten font used in the cover. All songs by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, except where noted, on The Rolling Stones official website
8. If I Could Turn Back Time: Cher's Greatest Hits – If I Could Turn Back Time, Chers Greatest Hits is the fourth U. S. compilation album by American singer-actress Cher, released on March 9,1999 by Geffen. In January 2000, the album was certified Gold by the RIAA for selling more than 500,000 copies in the US, Billboard stated in November 2011 that the album has sold 955,000 copies in the US. The album was released in United States and Canada in March 1999 by Chers former record company the Geffen records and it peaked at #57 on the US Billboard 200 album chart and #40 on the Canadian album chart. As it was available as an import in some countries. In November of the year, Chers current record label Warner Brothers released the compilation The Greatest Hits outside North America
9. Insomnia (Erick Sermon album) – Insomnia is a hip-hop compilation album released in 1996. It was compiled by famous hip hop producer Erick Sermon and he produced all except two tracks on the album and recorded it in order to promote artists affiliated with him. Tommy Gunn, a performer on this album, was murdered shortly before the albums release, I Feel It Funkin For Jamaica by The Mindbenders The Show by Doug E. Fresh On The Regular Aah. The Name Is Bootsy, Baby by Bootsys Rubberband Ready for War Dance Floor by Zapp Reign All Night Long by The Mary Jane Girls
10. Lest We Forget: The Best Of – Lest We Forget, The Best Of is the first greatest hits album by American rock band Marilyn Manson, released on September 28,2004 by Interscope Records. The album includes a version of Depeche Modes Personal Jesus. The album cover is one of Marilyn Mansons watercolor paintings, titled Experience is The Mistress of Fools, the deluxe edition includes a DVD containing most of the bands music videos. The album was certified gold in the United States and was supported with the bands Against All Gods Tour, Manson initially referred to Lest We Forget as the bands farewell album because the band would become a solo career for him. This has turned out to be true as subsequent albums were written and recorded with just one primary collaborator such as Tim Sköld, Twiggy Ramirez. All lyrics written by Marilyn Manson, except where noted, the bonus DVD contains the following easter eggs, the Autopsy short film, the making of the Mobscene video, and the performance version of the Disposable Teens video. Credits adapted from the notes of the international of Lest We Forget
11. Number Ones (Janet Jackson album) – Number Ones is the second greatest hits album by American recording artist Janet Jackson, released on November 17,2009, by Interscope Geffen A&M Records and Universal Music Enterprises. The double-disc album is composed of 33 of her hit singles spanning various music charts across North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Japan. Number Ones collects singles from her studio album Control to her 10th studio album Discipline. The albums single, Make Me, was available for digital download on September 22,2009. On December 22, Make Me became her 19th number-one hit single on the Billboard Hot Dance Club Songs chart, in September 2009, Janet Jackson performed Scream on the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards as part of a medley tribute to Michael Jackson, who died three months earlier. Following this, Make Me was released on Jacksons official website as a stream for those who joined the sites e-mail newsletter. On September 22,2009 it was released as a download for purchase. In October 2009, UMe issued a release stating Make Me would be included in Jacksons second greatest hits album. Number Ones debuted at number 22 on the Billboard 200, selling 40,374 copies in its first week, the Best was certified Gold in the UK for sales in excess of 100,000. Make Me became Jacksons nineteenth number one on the Hot Dance Club Songs chart and she became the first artist to earn number one singles on the Dance/Club play chart across the last four decades, starting from the 1980s to the 2010s. Number Ones received universal acclaim from music critics, even if they were not as sonically innovative and lacked the same amount of pop appeal of the Control/Rhythm Nation-era singles, they clearly made a significant impact and have aged well. Val Christopher of Rockstar Weekly commented, A look back at Jacksons storied career provides more than reason for her being one of the worlds most recognizable people. Number Ones opens with a string of Jacksons best and most memorable tracks, what Have You Done For Me Lately, Nasty, Control, Miss You Much and perhaps her finest single, Rhythm Nation. Make Me, It was released as the first and only single from the album on September 22,2009 and it is the only new song included on the album. The song was presented as a stream to those who joined her official mailing list in September, later that month it was released via digital download. The song failed to chart on the US Billboard Hot 100 and it entered the top 50 in Italy, the top 20 in Japan and the top 75 in UK. To celebrate the release of Number Ones, Universal Music Group, kyle Anderson of MTV reported fans gatherings in various Los Angeles locations to dance and pay tribute to some of the veteran divas best dance moves and songs. Jackson made an appearance at the gathering took place at The Grove at Farmers Market
12. Singles (Maroon 5 album) – Singles is a compilation album by American pop rock band Maroon 5 released on September 25,2015, through Interscope Records. The album does not contain any new or unreleased songs, on September 1,2015, Interscope Records announced that Maroon 5 would be releasing their debut greatest hits album, on their label. Fans have also responded to the lack of more favorable hits on the album, such as Harder to Breathe, Sunday Morning, the photo was taken whilst on tour with Maroon 5 on their North American leg of their world tour backstage. The album debuted at six in Japan, selling 11,000 physical copies in its first week. In Brazil, the debut at number 8 in ABPD chart
13. T.A.T.u. Remixes – Remixes, or simply Remixes, is an official compilation of remixes from t. A. T. u. The album features remixes from 200 Po Vstrechnoy as well as from 200 km/h in the Wrong Lane, there were two singles from the album, Prostye Dvizhenia and Ne Ver Ne Boysia. The song did not chart in any country, and the release was cancelled. To date, this album is the album to date to have Prostye Dvizheniya. Ne Ver Ne Boysia ne Prosi was released as a single as well, the song was used for the Eurovision Song Contest in 2003. The group represented Russia in Riga, Latvia, a music video was released on their official YouTube account. The song was used on their greatest hits album The Best. It debuted at #105 for 5 weeks, and sold 7,761 copies and it is identical to the Asian & European edition, except that track 1 is replaced by, All the Things She Said 7,07 The Russian edition was released November 25,2003. It is available as one CD format, which includes the first CD in this listing. Ne Ver, Ne Boysia Nas Ne Dogonyat The Taiwanese edition was released on cassette tape
14. Telephantasm – Telephantasm is a compilation album by the American rock band Soundgarden. Featuring songs spanning the bands 13-year career, it was released on September 28,2010 through A&M Records. The album was certified platinum by RIAA after its first day of retail availability based on the one million discs that were included in packages for the video game Guitar Hero, the album was released in September 2010 on A&M Records following the bands reunion earlier that year. The career-spanning retrospective album includes a track, Black Rain. In late August 2010, Black Rain reached #44 on the Canadian Hot 100, Black Rain peaked at #14 on the Billboard Rock Songs chart. Kim Thayil explained the title Telephantasm as an illusion at a distance, which I think would be an appropriate reference to what we have here — a retrospective of a band that had been inactive for thirteen years. The 2-CD/DVD limited edition includes a booklet containing a biography of Soundgarden written by Jeff Gilbert. The 3-LP12 Vinyl Edition includes all songs along with a one time use download key for all the songs in 320 kbit/s mp3 format taken directly from the vinyl. The album features artwork by Josh Graham, who handles the visual arts for Neurosis, all songs written and composed by Chris Cornell, except where noted
15. They Can't All Be Zingers – They Cant All Be Zingers is a greatest hits compilation album by Primus. It was released through Interscope Records on October 17,2006, the albums title comes from a line from the stand-up act of comedian Neil Hamburger. The CD is packaged with an outer cellophane cover meant to represent a package of individually wrapped single slices of processed cheese, the artwork for the inner booklet and the CD looks like cheese itself. The wedge of cheese pictured on the sleeve has the shape of the head in the pan from Frizzle Fry emerging from it. All lyrics written by Les Claypool, all composed by Primus. Les Claypool - bass guitar, vocals Larry LaLonde - guitar Tim Herb Alexander - drums on all tracks, except
16. U218 Singles – U218 Singles is a greatest hits album by the Irish rock band U2, released in November 2006. In most markets, the album contains 18 songs, the first 16 tracks are 16 of their most successful and popular singles. The seventeenth track is a version, in collaboration with Green Day. The eighteenth and closing track is a new song called, Window in the Skies, however, in some markets, such as the United Kingdom, an extra song, I Will Follow is added to the track list as the opening track. U218 Videos, a DVD featuring music videos from throughout U2s career, was released concurrently, the album debuted on the Billboard 200 albums chart on 9 December 2006 at number 12 with sales of 134,000 copies. It spent 45 weeks on the chart, despite not being released until November 2006, it was the seventh-highest-selling album in the world that year. The art direction and design for U218 Singles was handled by Shaughn McGrath, no songs from October, Zooropa, Pop, or the Passengers project Original Soundtracks 1 are included. A limited edition includes a live DVD featuring ten songs recorded on the Vertigo Tour in Milan. I Will Follow appears as a track on UK and Australian editions of the CD. The United States deluxe iTunes version does not come with a digital booklet, Vertigo 05, Live from Milan is a bonus live DVD included in the deluxe edition of the U218 Singles. The DVD features a highlight of ten songs from the bands 25-song set in Milan and it is the second concert release, preceded by Vertigo 2005, Live from Chicago and followed by U2 3D
17. The Complete U2 – The Complete U2 is a digital box set by U2 released on 23 November 2004 by Apple Computer on the iTunes Store. It is the first major release of a digital online set by any artist. It contained the complete set of U2 albums, singles, live, rare and previously unreleased material from 1978 to 2004 and this was accompanied by a PDF containing album art, track listings, and band commentary. It originally retailed for $149.99, but a $50 coupon was included with the U2 Special Edition iPods from the fourth-generation iPod, the video-capable U2 iPods included a code for a 33-minute video of live band performances and interviews. As of 20 December 2007, the set is no longer available for sale, the following albums are only officially available as part of this set, Early Demos is an EP containing three demos, produced by Barry Devlin and recorded at Keystone Studios in April 1978. These songs are the second recorded studio work. Street Mission and The Fool have not been on any other album, shadows and Tall Trees was the final track on their first studio album Boy, released in 1980. Live from Boston 1981 is an album recorded during U2s Boy Tour at Bostons Paradise Rock Club on 6 March 1981. Some of the tracks on this album have been released on other singles previous to the release of this album. Live from the Point Depot is the first official release of the widely bootlegged New Years Eve show at Dublins Point Depot in 1989. Unreleased & Rare is a compilation of unreleased and rare tracks, most of the previously unreleased songs were from the bands All That You Cant Leave Behind and How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb sessions. The album Medium, Rare & Remastered, released in 2009, U2 discography List of U2 songs Complete track listing of all 446 songs, with a discussion of excluded and redundant tracks
18. Up to Now – Up to Now is the first compilation album by alternative rock band Snow Patrol. The album features tracks spanning Snow Patrols fifteen-year music career, including tracks from The Reindeer Section, the album was released in early November 2009, primarily as a two-disc set and a three-disc digipak format containing one DVD of bonus material. A limited edition box was also sold. Three new songs were released on the album, One of these was Just Say Yes, the lead single taken from the compilation. The solo re-recording of An Olive Grove Facing the Sea was released as the second single. In Netherlands, Belgium and Finland Run was re-released in a version called Run in January 2010, the release has been described by the band as a collection of the bands best loved songs, and not a greatest hits, as the album also contains non-singles. It was received favorably by critics for not being a typical hits record. The album performed well commercially, reaching the top 5 in three countries and the top 40 in another and it also sold well on the iTunes Store, making the top 10 selling albums lists in various countries. The album marks the bands 15 year music career and it is a reminder to newer fans that the band had made two albums before Final Straw, and achieving any commercial success. In line with the 15 years they have been recording, the album features 2 CDs with 15 songs on each, the band felt it was a good time for such a release as their newer material was heading towards new, unexplored musical styles. To come up with a track list for the album, each member compiled one individually, initially coming up with almost the same song selections. According to guitarist Nathan Connolly, the differences in opinion on song selections among the band members arose on songs from the earliest albums. Forty songs were selected, but they realized it wouldnt be practically possible to include all of them. They were whittled down to thirty, some reluctantly, One of these was Make This Go on Forever. Vocalist Gary Lightbody explained that they did it as to represent all their albums. The final chosen songs are all five studio albums, past b-sides and rarities. Commenting on fans arguments about leaving singles How to Be Dead and One Night is Not Enough off the album, drummer Jonny Quinn remembers enjoying the selection process as he went back to listen their older songs he hadnt heard for long. Their record label was going to call the album a Greatest hits, however