Category:Keri Hilson songs
Pages in category "Keri Hilson songs"
The following 30 pages are in this category, out of 30 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 30 pages are in this category, out of 30 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. Keri Hilson – Keri Lynn Hilson is an American singer, songwriter, actress and record producer. She was born and raised in Decatur, Georgia, and spent most of her working with producer Anthony Dent, as a songwriter and background vocalist for several R&B. By the age of 14, Hilson had secured a deal with the girl group DSigne. In 2006, Hilson signed with American rapper and producer Timbalands record label and her breakthrough came the following year after appearing on Timbalands single The Way I Are, which topped charts around the world. Hilsons music style is generally R&B, hip hop and pop, womanhood, sexual intimacy and her musical influences come from her fathers side of the family. Hilsons debut studio album, In a Perfect World, was released in 2009, and debuted at number four on the US Billboard 200 chart, eventually being certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America. The album spawned the hit singles, Knock You Down, Turnin Me On and it also earned Hilson two Grammy Award nominations for Best New Artist and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration for Knock You Down. Her second studio album, No Boys Allowed, was released in 2010 and was less successful than its predecessor, however, it included the platinum single. Besides her music career, Hilson has also contributed to charities and pursued a career in acting. She has contributed in the fight against HIV and AIDS, helped various relief efforts for natural disasters, in 2012, Hilson made her acting debut in the romantic comedy film, Think Like a Man. Her achievements include a BET Award, MOBO Award, NAACP Image Award, keri Lynn Hilson was born on December 5,1982, in Decatur, Georgia. Hilsons mother owns and runs a day care center and her father is a developer who served in the army and she was raised in an African-American neighborhood and came from a middle class family. Her brother is Kip and her sisters are Kelsee, Kye, Hilson and her siblings did not attend a school within the neighborhood, stating that they shipped us off for an hour to get to school every day. It was just that important for us to maintain the life that they had created, from the age of 12, Hilson wanted to pursue a musical career, after watching television talent shows, Star Search and Showtime at the Apollo. By the age of 14, Hilson had secured a deal with the girl group DSigne. After graduating from school, Hilson attended Oxford College of Emory University. She continued working as a songwriter and background vocalist during her schooling years, Hilson eventually stopped working with Dent, and began working more with Polow da Don. She also became a member of the songwriting and production team, together, they wrote Mary J. Bliges Take Me as I Am, Omarions Ice Box, Ciaras Like a Boy, The Pussycat Dolls Wait a Minute and Britney Spears Gimme More
2. Breaking Point (Keri Hilson song) – Breaking Point is a song performed by American recording artist Keri Hilson from her second studio album, No Boys Allowed. Mosley Music Group and Interscope Records released it as the lead single on September 7,2010. The song was written by Timbaland, Jerome J-Roc Harmon, Hilson and Timothy Attitude Clayton, according to Hilson, Breaking Point was inspired by womens experiences of tolerating too much from their partner and enduring their lies. The song is about a point when a woman is tired of being neglected and exploited by her partner. Breaking Point is a mid-tempo R&B ballad that incorporates elements of pop and it features guitar, kick drum, organ, percussion and piano instrumentation. The song received positive reviews from music critics, who commended its empowering message. In the United States, Breaking Point peaked at number 44 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, Bryan Barber directed the ballads accompanying music video, which is primarily set at a beauty salon with Hilson and her girlfriends. Breaking Point was written by Timbaland, Jerome J-Roc Harmon, Keri Hilson, in an interview with Ian Drew of DailyFill, Hilson explained that inspiration for writing the song came from womens experiences, including being lied to and tolerating too much from their partner. She elaborated on its theme during an interview, stating. If youre not man enough to step to the plate, then keep it moving, the song shares its theme with The Way You Love Me as both songs are about women coming to terms with what they need from a relationship. The powerful meaning of the two songs was personal to Hilson and she hoped that it would have the effect on listeners. In an interview for WTAM, Hilson elaborated on Breaking Point and its theme, Im a loyal woman, and that causes us sometimes to take a little more than we should. I think women needed to hear – obviously Im speaking from personal experience, eventually youre gonna reach your breaking point. Timbaland produced Breaking Point with assistance from Harmon, Hilson arranged the recorded vocals and produced them with Veronika V Bozeman, who also performed background vocals. Chris Gerhinger mastered the song at Sterling Sound in New York City, Breaking Point is a mid-tempo R&B ballad that features elements of pop and soul music. Instrumentation is provided by a guitar, kick drums, an organ, percussion and it is also backed by doo-wop beats, finger snaps and cooing backup vocals. Lyrically, the song speaks of a breaking point and Hilson voices the frustration of women who are being neglected and exploited by men. In the chorus, she sings, Every woman has a point, yall/ Hey, I know you know, some women can be lied to, cheated on and beat on/ Somebody know, hey, every woman has a breaking point
3. No Boys Allowed – No Boys Allowed is the second studio album by American recording artist Keri Hilson. It was released on December 17,2010, by Mosley Music, on the album, Hilson has reunited with Timbaland and Polow da Don, who executively produced the album, as they did with her debut release. Hilson also worked with other producers and songwriters, including Ne-Yo, John Legend, StarGate, Bei Maejor and Boi-1da. Meanwhile, Chris Brown, Rick Ross, Kanye West, J. Cole, Nelly, musically, No Boys Allowed is an R&B album, which incorporates elements of pop, soul, electro and dancehall into various songs. Upon its release, the album has received mixed reviews from most music critics, although it sold 8,000 copies more than her debut album, In a Perfect World. It failed to match that albums debut chart position of number four, No Boys Allowed also debuted on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart at number seven and at number ten on the UK R&B Albums Chart. The albums lead single, Breaking Point was released in the United States on September 7,2010 and peaked at number forty-four on the US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. The second single Pretty Girl Rock, was released on October 12,2010, and peaked within the top ten on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, other two singles, One Night Stand and Lose Control were released for radio in March and May 2011, respectively. Its all about new inspiration that I have and just getting all the ideas that Ive been collecting out and she also confirmed reports that shes been working with Dr. Dre. In July 2010, Hilson revealed in an interview, that she has been working with Polow da Don, Tricky Stewart and Danja and she also said, that the album would be released when the time is right. We didnt want to rush this one, I wanted it to be as organic and as emotional as the first one. During this time, Lil Kim told HollywoodTV, that shes been in the working on a collaboration with Hilson, on a song titled, Buyou. In an interview with The Boom Box, Hilson spoke of the song saying and its not manly, its very boy-like. I dont want to care of my man. You are doing nothing for me, you are taking from me, buy you a phone, buy you a car. Its like saying, come correct or dont come at all, however, Buyou with Lil Kim did not make the final track listing, and was replaced with a different version of the song featuring J. Cole. In an interview, Hilson explained, I happened to love it, however, the door is still open for a remix. It would be Kim and Nicki Minaj on the same track, a statement by Polow was released on Hilsons website, saying Keris intense focus on No Boys Allowed has been inspiring to both Timbaland and I, in and out of the studio
4. In a Perfect World... – Is the debut studio album of American singer-songwriter Keri Hilson. It was released on March 24,2009 through Zone 4, Mosley Music Group, originally planned for a 2007 release, it was pushed back numerous times into 2009, amid her labels budget issues and minor single releases. The production on the album was handled primarily by Timbaland, Polow da Don and Danja, the album debuted at number four on the US Billboard 200 chart, selling 94,000 copies in its first week. On October 22,2009, the album was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America, upon its release, In a Perfect World… received generally mixed to positive reviews from music critics. The album earned Hilson Grammy Award nominations for Best New Artist and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration during the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards ceremony on January 31,2010. After graduating from school, Hilson attended Oxford College of Emory University. She continued working as a songwriter and background vocalist during her schooling years, Hilson eventually stopped working with Dent, and began working more with Polow da Don. She also became a member of the songwriting and production team, together, they wrote Mary J. Bliges Take Me as I Am, Omarions Ice Box, Ciaras Like a Boy, The Pussycat Dolls Wait a Minute and Britney Spears Gimme More. In 2006, Polow introduced Hilson to American rapper and producer Timbaland, in November 2006, Hilson was featured on American rapper Lloyd Banks single, Help, for his album Rotten Apple. Out of the three singles, The Way I Are achieved the most success, topping nine charts around the world, much of the album was recorded under the watchful eyes of the projects executives Timbaland and/or Polow da Don although much of the writing had begun before this. Hilson has extensive writing credits on the album having contributed to all of songs except for Make Love, Change Me, Energy and bonus track Hurts Me. On some of the tracks she has worked with her writing collective The Clutch who were responsible for her previous guest appearances on hit singles with mentor Timbaland. Lil Wayne, Keyshia Cole, Trina, Timbaland, Kanye West, Ne-Yo, Akon, Hilson and Ne-Yo knew each other from their days as co-songwriters. Hilson had appeared as Ne-Yos love interest in the video for his song Miss Independent, in a September 2008 interview with Rap-Up about a recent crop of songwriters becoming singers, Ne-Yo said For one, I think Keri Hilson’s too freakin’ pretty to be in the background. For two, her voice is incredible—on top of the fact that she can write, so I think that she’s definitely one that deserves the spotlight. So to have both of them feature on one song I felt was just ideal. A small number of tracks were leaked before the release and have therefore been cited as contributing to the delays in the albums release. Ready to Fall was another collaboration with singer-songwriter Ne-Yo described as having classic heavy synth-vibes was released instead as part of The Future of RnB mixtape series by Tapemasters inc
5. Energy (Keri Hilson song) – Energy is the debut single by American recording artist Keri Hilson. The song was written and produced by The Runaways, consisting of Louis Biancaniello, Sam Watters, Rico Love, the track was released as the first single from the singers debut in the United States on May 27,2008. Generally well received by critics, it was named sixty-first on The Top 144 Songs of 2008 listing by Blender magazine. Energy was written and produced by The Runaways and it was also recorded by The Runaways at Homesite 13 studios in Novato, California. The song was released on September 14,2009 in the UK, on September 25,2009 she appeared live on breakfast TV show GMTV in the UK where she performed the single. That same day, she appeared on BBC Radio 1s Live Lounge where she performed a version of Energy as well as a gospel cover version of Supernova originally sung by Mr Hudson. The music video for Energy was directed by Melina Matsoukas and produced by Wohn Winter, set primarily in a boxing ring, Hilson plays a boxer whose love interest is her apparent trainer. Hilson explains that her character continually tries to sort their broken relationship, the song was also used as a sample for, American Rapper, Real Dynamite, single Im Energized. In Australia, Energy peaked at number 55 on the Singles chart, in New Zealand, the song peaked at number two, and was certified Gold on November 30,2008, selling over 7,500 copies. Credits adapted from the In the Perfect World, the Runaways – producer, engineer, recording, mixing Ravaughn Brown – additional vocals Dru Castro – additional recording KeriHilsonMusic. com — official site Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
6. Rich Boy (album) – Rich Boy is the first album by the Alabama based rapper Rich Boy, released on March 13,2007. The original title was to have been Product of tha Hustle when Throw Some Ds was played on Music Choice, a promo/street single released in 2005 was Get to Poppin. His first single was Throw Some Ds produced by and featuring Polow da Don, the remix of Throw Some Ds features Nelly, Jim Jones, Andre 3000, The Game, Murphy Lee and Lil Jon. The album debuted at number 3 on the Billboard 200 with 112,000 copies sold, by the week of June 17,2007,332,000 copies had been sold
7. Got Your Back – Got Your Back is a song by American hip hop recording artist T. I. released on June 1,2010, as the lead single from his seventh studio album No Mercy. The song features American R&B singer-songwriter Keri Hilson, T. I. wrote the song with Young Jedi, alongside the tracks producer DJ Toomp. Got Your Back was certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of America on December 15,2010, in an interview with Jamie Foxx, when asked about the song, T. I. Preceded by the singles Im Back and Yeah Ya Know, Got Your Back can be found as a track on the album No Mercy. The song features a bright, bouncy electro/synth beat, Hilson sings the hook, while T. I. raps the verses and harmonizes in the songs melodic bridge. According to Robbie Daw of Idolator the songs intro is reminiscent of Hilsons Knock You Down. I, according to DJBooth, the song essentially attempts to recreate the success of Whatever You Like, calling the Hilson-T. I. Pairing, A combination like that could mean one thing. Ed Easton Jr. of WNOW-FM said the song takes T. I, UK SoulCulture thought that releasing a song for the streets and song for the ladies was trying to recreate the vibe of his last album, but wasnt sure if the latest set lived up to par. The music video was directed by Chris Robinson and it was filmed on June 30,2010, and premiered on July 22,2010. It features cameo appearances from T. I. s wife Tameka Tiny Cottle, and actors Lance Gross, Keith Robinson, lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
8. Hero (Nas song) – Hero is a 2008 song and lead single from Nas untitled album. The song features singer Keri Hilson and production by Polow da Don and this song was also featured in Midnight Club, Los Angeles. Chamillionaire released a freestyle of this song before the release of Mixtape Messiah 4 under the name Hero and it was originally intended to be a throwaway, but was released on the mixtape. Pittsburgh rapper Wiz Khalifa also released a freestyle of this song titled Hero on his 2008 mix tape Star Power. Like it or not, you aint got to cop it Im a hustla in the studio, cups of Don Julio And no matter what the CD called, in the album version of Hero, the lyric Doug Morris is censored. The music video premiered on BET on July 7,2008, Keri Hilson and Ken Jenkins both make appearances in the video. The video appeared at #63 on BETs Notarized, Top 100 Videos of 2008 countdown, CD single Hero featuring Keri Hilson Hero featuring Keri Hilson Hero featuring Keri Hilson The song was also featured in the racing game Midnight Club, Los Angeles. Americas Best Dance Crew Season 3 winners Quest Crew performed to a remix of song on their first week on the show. Hero music video Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
9. Hey Now (Mean Muggin) – Hey Now is the first single from rapper Xzibits album, Weapons of Mass Destruction. The song was produced by Timbaland and his protégé, Nate Danja Hills, released on November 16,2004 in North America, the song peaked at number 93 on the U. S. Billboard Hot 100. The song is on the soundtrack of the video game NFL Street 2, hey Now Get Your Walk On What You Cant See