This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Ocean's Eleven characters (2 P)
This category has only the following subcategory.
1. Ocean's Eleven – Oceans Eleven is a 2001 American comedy heist film and a remake of the 1960 Rat Pack film of the same name. The 2001 film was directed by Steven Soderbergh and features an ensemble cast including George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Don Cheadle, Andy García, the film was a success at the box office and with critics, and was the fifth highest-grossing film of 2001. Soderbergh directed two sequels, Oceans Twelve in 2004 and Oceans Thirteen in 2007, which make up the Oceans Trilogy, another film is currently in production with an all-female cast. The projected release date is June 8,2018, following release from prison, Danny Ocean violates his parole by traveling to California to meet his partner-in-crime and friend Rusty Ryan to propose a caper. The two go to Las Vegas to pitch the plan to wealthy friend and former casino owner Reuben Tishkoff, the plan consists of simultaneously robbing the Bellagio, The Mirage, and the MGM Grand casinos. Several of the members carry out reconnaissance at the Bellagio to learn as much as possible about the security, the routines and behaviors of the casino staff. Others create a replica of the vault with which to practice maneuvering through its formidable security systems. During this planning phase, the team discovers that Dannys ex-wife, Rusty urges Danny to give up on the plan, believing Danny incapable of sound judgment while Tess is involved, but Danny refuses. When the plan is put in motion, Danny goes to the Bellagio in order to be seen by Benedict, Bruiser, however, is a friend of Dannys, and he allows him to leave through a ventilation shaft, to meet with his team in the vault. Linus poses as a commission agent and reveals to Benedict that one of his employees, Ramon Escalante, is actually Frank Catton. Linus and Frank stage a confrontation in Benedicts presence so that Linus can steal the vault access codes written on a piece of paper in Benedicts jacket. Yen is smuggled into the vault by the Malloy brothers to assist in triggering the explosive from the inside, basher activates a stolen EMP device to temporarily disrupt the casinos electrical power, allowing Linus and Danny to drop down the elevator shaft undetected. As Benedict attempts to restore order following the power outage, Rusty anonymously calls him on a phone that Danny had earlier planted in Tesss coat. Rusty tells him that the vaults are being raided and that all the money will be destroyed if Benedict does not cooperate in loading half the money into a van waiting outside. The SWAT teams arrival results in a shootout which causes the incineration of the half of the left in the vault. After assuring Benedict that the casino is secure, the officers depart at Benedicts insistence, Benedicts men following the van discover it is being driven by remote control, and that, instead of money, it contains duffel bags full of flyers advertising prostitutes. Benedict realizes that the video feed he had been watching was pre-recorded, as the vault floor in the footage lacked the Bellagio logo. A flashback reveals that Danny had used the vault replica to create the fake video Benedict had seen, the rest of the team posed as SWAT officers and took all of the money in the vault when responding to Benedicts call for police assistance
2. Ocean's 11 – Oceans 11 is a 1960 heist film directed by Lewis Milestone and starring five Rat Packers, Peter Lawford, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Jr. and Joey Bishop. A remake, directed by Steven Soderbergh, starring George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Andy García, Julia Roberts, Bernie Mac, and Don Cheadle was released in 2001, followed by a pair of sequels. A gang of World War II 82nd Airborne veterans is recruited by Danny Ocean, the gang plans the elaborate New Years Eve heist with the precision of a military operation. Josh Howard takes a job as a worker driving a garbage truck while others work to scope out the various casinos. Sam Harmon entertains in one of the hotels lounges, demolition charges are planted on an electrical transmission tower and the backup electrical systems are covertly rewired in each casino. At exactly midnight, while everyone in every Vegas casino is singing Auld Lang Syne the tower is blown up, the backup electrical systems open the cashier cages instead of powering the emergency lights. The inside men sneak into the cages and collect the money. They dump the bags of loot into the garbage bins, go back inside. As soon as the come back on, the thieves stroll out of the casinos. A garbage truck driven by Josh picks up the bags and passes through the police blockade and it appears to have gone off without a hitch. Their ace electrician, Tony Bergdorf, has an attack in the middle of the Las Vegas Strip. This raises the suspicions of police, who wonder if there is any connection, reformed mobster Duke Santos offers to recover the casino bosses money for a price. He learns of Ocean being in town and his connection to Foster, Santos pieces together the puzzle by the time Bergdorfs body arrives at the mortuary. Santos confronts the thieves, demanding half of their take, in desperation, the money is hidden in Bergdorfs coffin, with $10,000 set aside for Bergdorfs widow. The group plans to back the rest of the money, making no payoff to Santos. This plan backfires when the director talks Bergdorfs widow into having the funeral in Las Vegas. Peter Lawford was first told of the story of the film by director Gilbert Kay. Lawford eventually bought the rights in 1958, imagining William Holden in the lead, Sinatra became interested in the idea, and a variety of different writers worked on the project
3. Ocean's Thirteen – Oceans Thirteen is a 2007 American comedy heist film directed by Steven Soderbergh and starring an ensemble cast. All the male cast members reprise their roles from the previous installments, al Pacino and Ellen Barkin joined the cast as their new targets. Filming began in July 2006 in Las Vegas and Los Angeles, based on a script by Brian Koppelman, the film was screened for the Out of Competition presentation at the 2007 Cannes Film Festival. It was released on June 8,2007, in the United States and it was the 16th highest-grossing film of 2007. Reuben Tishkoff is conned by Willy Bank, his business partner, by being forced to sign over the ownership rights of the new hotel-casino they were building together. Reuben suffers an attack and becomes bedridden. Daniel Ocean offers Bank a chance to set right, given his long history in Las Vegas and the fact that he shook hands with Sinatra. To avenge Reuben, Ocean gathers his partners-in-crime and plans to ruin Bank on the night of the hotel. First, they plan to prevent The Bank from winning the prestigious Five Diamond Award, saul Bloom poses as the reviewer of the board, while the real reviewer is treated horribly during his stay by Oceans associates and the staff on their payroll. Next, they plan to rig the casinos machines and games to force a payout of more than $500 million in winnings. They trick Bank into carrying a cell phone with a magnetron to disrupt the Greco, rusty Ryan poses as a seismologist to tell Bank an earthquake evacuation code is necessary, to which Bank reluctantly agrees. When the team tries to drill towards The Bank, however, Linus Caldwell seduces Banks assistant, Abigail Sponder, to gain access to the display and switch the diamonds with fakes. He is interrupted by the lead FBI agent, who explains the diamond theft to Banks assistant, Linus is arrested, but as they exit in the elevator, the FBI agent is revealed to be his father, Robert Bobby Caldwell, who is in on Oceans plan. As they exit to the roof of the hotel for extraction via helicopter, they are caught by François The Night Fox Toulour, Linus gives the diamonds to Toulour, who escapes by parachuting off the hotel. Bank realizes hes ruined, and as the guests leave, he sees the flying off with his diamonds. So does Toulour, who discovers that he holds only the fakes, Ocean lets Bank know that they did everything for Reuben. He also tells Bank that he cannot get revenge, since all of Banks connections like Ocean better than Bank himself, Oceans men use the money they made off with to buy property north of the Las Vegas Strip for Reuben. Their absence was explained by Danny, who states, Its not their fight
4. Ocean's Twelve – Oceans Twelve is a 2004 American comedy heist film, the first sequel to 2001s Oceans Eleven. Like its predecessor, which was a remake of the 1960 heist film Oceans 11 and it was released in the United States on December 10,2004. A third film, Oceans Thirteen, was released on June 8,2007, the film stars George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Andy García, Julia Roberts, Don Cheadle, Bernie Mac. It was the film of 2004. Terry Benedict locates all eleven members of Danny Oceans gang, demanding they return the $150 million they stole from his casinos plus $38 million interest, short by half, the group schemes to stage another heist in Europe to avoid problems with United States authorities. They are tipped off by an informant named Matsui about the location of the first stock certificate ever, after a complex series of schemes they find the document has already been stolen by The Night Fox, another master thief. Surprising the group at their accommodation, she warns them they beat the Night Fox or his mentor. She has been hunting both for years, Danny and his gang discover the Night Fox is Baron François Toulour, a wealthy baron who has a mansion on Lake Como. Toulour invites Danny to his mansion and reveals that he had hired Matsui to inform the gang about the certificate in order to arrange the meeting with Danny. Toulour is upset that LeMarc did not describe him as the best thief in the world, if Danny and his gang win, Toulour will pay off the debt to Benedict. Linus comes up with a plan involving Dannys wife Tess posing as a pregnant Julia Roberts in order to get close to the Egg. They are foiled by Lahiri and a coincidentally present Bruce Willis, Lahiri is told that they are to be extradited to the United States. Linus is chosen first to be interrogated by the FBI agent assigned to collect them and it turns out that she is his mother, who organises the release of the whole gang. She points out to Lahiri that Lahiri will face only retribution for forging a signature on a Europol form to obtain the necessary arrest warrants for Oceans gang, some time later, Danny and Tess return to Toulours estate where he reveals his glee at their failure. Toulour claims to have stolen the egg at night using his agility, Toulours celebration is short-lived when Danny reveals that his group stole the egg while it was in transit to the museum and Toulour realizes they were tipped off by LeMarc. Toulour is forced to admit Danny won the bet and gives him the money for the debt and they pay back Benedict and promise not to perform any more heists in his casinos—even as Toulour himself is in the background spying on Benedict. Rusty takes Lahiri to a house that he claims has been lent to him by LeMarc. She is reunited with her father, who is revealed to be the man she has been pursuing for years, the final scenes of the film, in which the primary characters enjoy a private poker session, imply that she and Rusty have re-kindled their relationship