|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Per Gessle.|
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Per Gessle.|
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
1. Per Gessle – Per Håkan Gessle is a Swedish pop singer-songwriter, guitarist, and harmonicist. He is the singer of the Swedish pop group Gyllene Tider. With Fredrikssons illness in 2002, he went back to recording albums, reformed Gyllene Tider in 2004 and became a successful artist in his native Sweden. Per Gessle was a member of Gyllene Tider, in 1976. They quickly became a group in Sweden, but after their fourth album, The Heartland Café, sold poorly compared to their previous albums. We decided to put Gyllene Tider to rest, in 1982, Gessle released his first solo album, Per Gessle and after Gyllene Tider split-up his second album, Scener, quickly appeared in 1985. Gessle and Marie Fredriksson had been friends for a few years before came together as Roxette in 1986. After the success of their first hit Neverending Love, which was written by Gessle, Roxette went on to achieve four U. S. #1s and two #2s, with their albums Look Sharp. and Joyride attaining platinum status in a number of countries. After Roxettes early nineties success, Per released a compilation album in 1992, På väg. Bang. and subsequent world tour, Roxette took a break, in 1996, after a reunion and subsequent tour of Gyllene Tider, Gessle recorded his first English solo album, using Brainpool and Gyllene Tider as backing musicians. Christoffer Lundquist from Brainpool would also come to collaborate with Per on later releases, the World According to Gessle, released in 1997, produced three singles, Do You Wanna Be My Baby. Kix and I Want You to Know, the videos to all three songs were directed by Jonas Åkerlund. The World According to Gessle was re-released in 2008, with bonus material. In 1997 Hjärtats trakt – en samling was released as a best-of album, after Roxette released Have a Nice Day and Room Service to moderate success, Per continued with his solo work. The subsequent album Mazarin, was successful in Sweden, going five times platinum in 2004. His first album involving singer Helena Josefsson brought Gessle numerous awards, four Grammis awards, Best Artist, Best Male Pop Performer, Best Composer and Best Song. He also won three Rockbjörnen awards, Best Swedish Male Artist, Best Swedish Album and Best Swedish Song —, the song Här kommer alla känslorna, is Gessles most successful release in Sweden, spending two months at No. Also in 2004, saw Gessle and Gyllene Tider reunited for a 25th-anniversary celebration that included the bands first album in 20 years, Finn 5 fel. and another very successful tour in Sweden
2. Gyllene Tider – Gyllene Tider is a Swedish pop group headed by singer, guitarist and songwriter Per Gessle. Few Scandinavians would not recognize the bands most famous song Sommartider, often played on the radio during late spring, the band is well known for its catchy choruses and light-weight lyrics about summer, teenage love and life in a small town in Sweden. In 1976, Per Gessle met Mats Persson, a member of the band Audiovisuellt Angrepp, later Micke Andersson, Anders Herrlin and Göran Fritzon joined and the quintet was born. The groups name was changed to Gyllene Tider, alluding to Mott the Hooples song The Golden Age of Rock n Roll, in the following year, the band had become local celebrities in Halmstad for their Christmas concerts. Taking advantage of this they released their quite rare vinyl EP, Billy, in 1980, the LP Gyllene Tider was released, becoming a huge success in Sweden. Flickorna på TV2 was the albums biggest hit, the second album, released in 1981 under the name Moderna Tider, also enjoyed huge success, and was followed by a national tour. The following year Puls was released, with the hits Sommartider, the group tried to break through to the American market in 1984 with the album Heartland under the name Roxette, however, the album flopped, selling only about 8,000 copies. The name Roxette was later used by Per Gessle to name his successful collaboration with Marie Fredriksson, in 1985 Gyllene Tider officially broke up. In the following years, however, a few Greatest hits albums were released, in 2004 the band celebrated its twenty-fifth anniversary with the first new album in 20 years and a big summer tour in July and August. The tour, called GT25, was a success, being the biggest tour in Scandinavia ever. Gyllene Tider reunited again on August 14,2010, as an encore during Roxettes concert in Halmstad. In January 2013, the group announced a new album and summer tour in Sweden, the album was released on April 24,2013, the 19-show tour started on July 5,2013 in Halmstad and ended August 10 in Eskilstuna. Others Modern Times - Never released Heartland (special US release, containing 6 tracks from The Heartland Café, Gyllene Tider Gyllene Tider. com - Elektroniska Tider Gyllene Tider at AllMusic Gyllene Tider discography, forum, and marketplace at Discogs
3. Helena Josefsson – Helena Marianne Josefsson is a Swedish singer and songwriter. She is the singer in the band Sandy Mouche and has been singing in Per Gessles projects since 2003. In February 2007 she released her first solo album, Dynamo, Helena Marianne Josefsson was born in Kalmar, Sweden on March 23,1978. Her parents, Per Olof and Margareta, divorced when Helena was seven years old and she is left-handed and can play keyboards, tambourine and harmonica. Helena married Martin Nilsson, her boyfriend, in 2003, they live in Malmö and became the parents of a boy, Charles-Didrik. On 31 May 2012 her second child, a boy named Cornelis was born, helenas thoughts on life and her career, - What do you want to become when you grow up. Either a troll or an artist, I replied to that question at 7 years of age. When I think about it, trolls and artists do have much in common. What I wanted, and still try to achieve, is the sense of liberty, being part of nature, getting room in the city and that it is all right to be the way one is and still being able to receive love. Being an artist and composer is one of the few lifestyles where one can be a troll simultaneously. - When you are born, you are complete but then shell after shell is added as protection against dangers around, or society forces you to take different parts, needs and patterns you dont really need or want. Then one can spend the rest of ones life finding and removing the bad shells, at least thats what I want to do In 2012 Helena graduated from the University of Copenhagen with an optometrist diploma. In between touring and recording sessions she works in one of the stores in Bjärred, where she currently resides with her family. Helena began to play in groups of Lund and Malmö at High School. Her first band was Plastic Soul, with Helena Josefsson, Johan Duncanson, Fredrick Whitling, Olof Martinsson, between 1996 and 2000, they took part in club gigs and indie Summer festivals and released some singles. Johan and Per began a new project, The Radio Dept. Helena also took part in two non long-lasting projects, in 1999, she played and recorded two promo E. P. s with Magnus Tingsek and their band ewing.1. Between 2000 and 2001, Helena was the singer of Dan Bornemarks rock band, The Good Mornings
4. Party Crasher – Party Crasher is the third English solo album by Swedish pop-rock singer and composer Per Gessle. This is his second worldwide-released English solo album under his own name after The World According to Gessle in 1997, originally scheduled for release on 3 December in Sweden, it was actually released a week earlier on 26 November. The album reached #2 in the Swedish album charts, curiously becoming the first Gessle involved studio album that did not reach #1 in Sweden since Roxette´s Pearls of Passion, CD – containing the 12-track album. CD – containing the 12-track album, iTunes deluxe edition – digital download 12-track edition, plus one bonus track. Telia deluxe edition – digital download 12-track edition, plus one bonus track, LP limited edition – 12-track edition. All music and lyrics by Per Gessle, unless stated
5. Party Crasher Tour 2009 – Party Crasher tour 2009 is a club European tour by Per Gessle in support of his studio solo album Party Crasher. The tour was held in Europe from 16 April, till 10 May 2009, along with the songs from the aforementioned CD, Gessle and his band played tracks by Roxette and from Gessles solo albums like The World According to Gessle, Son of a Plumber, etc. For Gessles fans, as well as for Roxettes ones, this tour was important, because Marie Fredriksson joined Per on stage in Amsterdam and in Stockholm, which brought about the reunion of Roxette. This was confirmed when a release stated they were to perform later in 2009 at the Night of the Proms series in Europe in October–December 2009. On 28 March 2009, Helena Josefsson told on her official site, before the tour started, three weeks rehearsals were held in Stockholm. Per also asked his fans at The Daily Roxette portal, which 3 songs would they like him to perform live, thus, he wanted to choose some tracks he has never played live, which his fans would like to hear. Two days before the tour started, on 14 April 2009, in Stockholms Tyrol club, a concert was held for the band members friends. Some of the material recorded from the tour was released as an album, opportunity Nox band presentation Doesn’t Make Sense Church of Your Heart Dangerous Joyride extra C’mon Are you an Old Hippie, Sir. Reporter Nils Hansson writes that according to the set list, Roxette must be very very soon. Swedish tabloid Aftonbladet gave the first show 3 out of 5, after concert in Halmstad, the Swedish newspaper Hallandsposten called Gessle and his music a symbol of summer in Sweden. Per Gessles official site Martinique Josefssons tour blog Official info about the tour Per Gessle @ Music Web Navigator Pictures @ RexFeatures
6. Roxette – Roxette is a Swedish pop rock duo, consisting of Marie Fredriksson and Per Gessle. Formed in 1986, the duo became an act in the late 1980s. Their third album Joyride, which was released in 1991, became just as successful as its predecessor. Roxette went on to achieve nineteen UK Top 40 hits and several US Hot 100 hits, including four US number-ones with The Look, Listen to Your Heart, It Must Have Been Love, and Joyride. Other hits include Dangerous, Fading Like a Flower, Dressed for Success, on the advice of the managing director of their record label, they came together to record Neverending Love, which became a hit single in Sweden. After the release of Dont Bore Us, Get to the Chorus, a greatest hits record, the duo took a hiatus from the mid-1990s before returning with the albums Have a Nice Day and Room Service. They continued to chart in other territories, mainly in Europe and Latin America, in 2002, the duo took a break from recording and touring when Fredriksson was diagnosed with a brain tumour. In 2011, they released Charm School, their first studio album in ten years and this was followed by Travelling a year later. Their songs It Must Have Been Love and Listen to Your Heart continue to receive radio airplay. Per Gessle and Marie Fredriksson first met in Halmstad, Sweden, Gessle performed in Gyllene Tider, one of Swedens most popular bands at the time, and Fredriksson in the less successful Strul and MaMas Barn before both embarked on solo careers. In 1981, Fredriksson sang for the first time with Gyllene Tider on stage and was featured as a background vocalist for a Swedish-language album the band released in 1982. Gessle also worked with ex-ABBA singer Frida, for a song that appeared on her 1982 album Somethings Going On, while working on her first solo album, Het vind, Fredriksson performed more background vocals for Gyllene Tiders only album in English, The Heartland Café. The 11-track album was released in February 1984 and sold 45,000 copies in Sweden, According to Gessle, the groups first English-language release was in response to interest expressed by EMIs American label Capitol Records. Capitol took six of the tracks and released an extended play record in the US with a title, Heartland. Gessle and the members of Gyllene Tider chose the title of a 1975 Dr. Feelgood song. The newly named Roxette issued one near-invisible release in the US, Teaser Japanese, whose video reached MTVs studio and it, and subsequent singles, fared better in Sweden, and Gyllene Tider briefly toured the country to support the album. However, the album died soon enough and the international career died before it even started and we decided to put Gyllene Tider to rest. Gessle then turned solo work, recording his second Swedish-language solo album, Scener, released in 1985, while Fredriksson recorded her second solo album, Den sjunde vågen