Category:Peristeri B.C. players
Pages in category "Peristeri B.C. players"
The following 97 pages are in this category, out of 97 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 97 pages are in this category, out of 97 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. Andreas Glyniadakis – Andreas Glyniadakis is a Greek professional basketball player for P. A. O. K. of the Greek Basket League. He is a 7 ft 1 in,280 lb. center and his professional career started in 1997. Before going to play in the United States, Glyniadakis played as a youth with Kydonas of Chania, Crete and he then started his professional career with the Greek team Panathinaikos. After playing at Panathinaikos, he moved on to Peristeri and then to AEK Athens, in May 2007, he signed with the Italian Leagues Virtus Bologna. In September 2007, he returned to AEK Athens, however, he was waived on October 1,2007. He then joined the Greek League team Maroussi and he was the MVP of the last 16 week 1 in the EuroCup 2008–09 season. In July 2009, he moved to the Greek EuroLeague team Olympiacos Piraeus, with Olympiacos, he won the EuroLeague and Greek League championships in 2012. After a season of playing for Astana, he signed with Lietuvos rytas of Lithuania, on 31 January 2014, Glyniadakis signed a contract with Cypriot side APOEL, and helped his team to win the Cypriot League championship at the end of the season. On October 30,2014 he was signed by Turkish team Royal Halı Gaziantep, on December 23,2014, he moved to Romania and signed with Enegria Rovinari for the rest of the season. On August 14,2015, Glyniadakis signed with Les Lions de Geneve of the Swiss Championnat LNA, in November 2015, he left the Lions and signed with the Greek club Nea Kifissia for the rest of the 2015–16 season. On July 21,2016, Glyniadakis signed with the Greek club PAOK, Glyniadakis was selected by the Detroit Pistons with the 58th pick in the 2003 NBA Draft. In the 2005–06 season, he played with the Roanoke Dazzle of the NBA D-League and he played with the Atlanta Hawks during the 2006 NBA preseason, but he was cut before the regular season began. He also played with the Albuquerque Thunderbirds of the NBA D-League, Glyniadakis was signed by the Seattle SuperSonics on November 5,2006, and appeared in 13 games with them, averaging 1.3 points per game, before he was waived on January 4,2007. He played for the Boston Celtics in the 2007 NBA Summer League, in Las Vegas, Glyniadakis was a member of the Greek junior national teams. With Greeces junior national teams he played at the 1997 FIBA Europe Under-16 Championship and he also played at the 1999 FIBA Under-19 World Championship, and at the 2000 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship. Glyniadakis was also selected to the senior mens Greek national basketball team for the 2008 Summer Olympic Games and he won the bronze medal with Greece at the EuroBasket 2009, and he also played at the 2014 FIBA World Cup. Note, The EuroLeague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season
2. Eric Boateng – Eric Yamoah Boateng is a British professional basketball player. He is a college basketball player with the Arizona State Sun Devils mens basketball team. He attended high school at St. Andrews School in Middletown, Boateng committed to Duke University out of high school, but transferred after one season to Arizona State. He is also a member of the senior mens Great Britain national basketball team, in November 2014, he was elected to a four-year term on the British Olympic Associations Athletes Commission. Boateng received scholarship offers from Boston College, Georgetown, Michigan, UCLA, Villanova and he eventually committed to attend Duke. After his high school career, Boateng was added to the 2005 McDonalds All-American Boys Game roster, Boateng played for the East squad, for whom he grabbed 6 rebounds, and had an assist, in 10 minutes. Boateng played four years of NCAAs Division I basketball between 2005 and 2010, after spending his freshman year at Duke, Boateng transferred to Arizona State. Due to NCAA rules, Boateng was forced to sit out a year before playing his final 3 seasons, Boateng added six rebounds and three assists. He wouldnt let us lose, ASU coach Herb Sendek said, im so happy for him, because hes had an uphill climb to be in this place, to enjoy this moment. After going undrafted in the 2010 NBA draft, Boateng joined the New York Knicks for the 2010 NBA Summer League and his performances impressed the Denver Nuggets, who signed him to play in their pre-season squad. Through 5 games with the Nuggets, Boateng averaged 1.6 points per game and 4.2 rebounds per game and he was the last player cut by the Nuggets before the start of the 2010–11 NBA season. Boateng was selected by the Idaho Stampede in the 2010 NBA D-League draft, on February 2,2011, Boateng was traded to the Austin Toros, in a three team trade. He made his debut for the team on 3 February, playing 11 minutes against the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, in November 2011, Boateng signed with the Greek Basket League team Peristeri. Boateng was sidelined in January 2012 with a calf injury, in 2012, he joined Phantoms Braunschweig of the BBL for the 2012–13 season. On September 25,2013, Boateng signed with the Los Angeles Lakers, however, he was waived on October 9. In late October 2013, he joined La Unión of the LNB, on June 21,2015, he signed to play with ADA Blois Basket 41 in Blois. Boateng made his debut for Great Britain against Finland in 2006, Boateng began 2011 in great form, winning the MVP of the tri-test series with the Netherlands and Nigeria. He followed this up with solid performances in the London Prepares Olympic test event
3. Michael Bramos – Michalis Antonis Mike Bramos, born 27 May 1987, is a Greek-American professional basketball player who currently plays for Umana Reyer Venezia of the Italian LBA. Born in Harper Woods, Michigan, he played basketball for Miami University. In his senior season at Miami, Bramos was named MAC Player of the Year and he is a shooting guard-small forward, standing at 1.98 m, with a 2.13 m wingspan. After playing high school basketball at Grosse Pointe North, Bramos played college basketball at Miami from 2005 to 2009, with the RedHawks, he was named to the All-Mid-American Conference Second Team in 2008, as a junior. As a senior, he was named to the 2009 All-Mid-American Conference First Team, and he was also named the 2009 Mid-American Conference Player of the Year. In his four seasons with Miami, Bramos appeared in 120 games, averaging 12.6 points,3.7 rebounds,1.6 assists,1 steal, and 1.1 block per game. As of May 2015, Bramos was Miamis sixth all-time leader in points scored, with 1,515, third all-time in blocked shots, with 130, after not being selected in the 2009 NBA draft, Bramos played with the Detroit Pistons NBA Summer League team in 2009. In August 2009, he joined the Greek Basket League club Peristeri. With Peristeri, he played in all 26 Greek League regular season games, averaging 8.9 points,2.2 rebounds, in 2010, he joined the Spanish ACB League club Gran Canaria. In 2012, he signed a 3-year contract with Greek EuroLeague-playing club, Panathinaikos, with Panathinaikos, he won both the Greek Cup and the Greek League in 2013 and 2014. Panathinaikos declined to pick up the option on the last year of his contract. Bramos played with the Atlanta Hawks NBA Summer League team in 2014 and he was thus sidelined for the entire 2014–15 season. In August 2015, he was signed for the 2015–16 season by the Italian LBA side Umana Reyer Venezia, Bramos became a member of the senior mens Greek national basketball team in 2011. With Greeces national team, he played at EuroBasket 2011, the 2012 FIBA World Olympic Qualifying Tournament, Bramos paternal grandparents were originally from Greece, with his grandfather coming from Kardamas, near Amaliada, he met some of his relatives when he played in Greece
4. Marcus Faison – Marcus Vondell Faison is a Belgian-American professional basketball player. He played Division I basketball for Siena College prior to his professional career, was a prep standout at Irvin High School in El Paso, Texas. Faison played for Siena College in Loudonville, New York from 1996 to 2000, as a four-year starter, he was the leading scorer on teams that reached three consecutive Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference championship games from 1997-2000. He appeared in one NCAA tournament game in 1999, scoring 18 points in a loss to the #4 seeded Arkansas Razorbacks, as a senior, he led Siena to a 24-9 record and an appearance in the National Invitation Tournament. He graduated in 2000 as Sienas third leading scorer in school history and he was named to the All-MAAC First Team three times and to the conferences 25th anniversary team in January 2006. Faison joined Beşiktaş Cola Turka for the 2008-09 season, in January 2009, he left Beşiktaş because of economic problems and later signed with Peristeri in Greece
5. Reece Gaines – Clifton Reece Gaines is an American former professional basketball player and current assistant coach at Eastern Kentucky University. Gaines, a 66,205 lb shooting guard, played high school basketball at Madison West in his hometown of Madison and he then played four years at University of Louisville, earning AP All-America 3rd team honors his senior season while leading the Cardinals to a 25-7 win-loss record. Hes considered one of the best all-time shooting guards for the Louisville Cardinal basketball program and he ranks among the top-five Louisville leaders in made three-point field goals, free throws, and assists. Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat once called Reece Gaines the best college player he ever faced. Gaines was drafted by the Orlando Magic in the first round of the 2003 NBA draft and he spent one season on the bench in Orlando before being traded to the Houston Rockets in exchange for Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley and Kelvin Cato. Gaines played ten games with the Rockets, spending the majority of his time on the injured list and he was traded again on February 24,2005 to the Milwaukee Bucks for Mike James and Zendon Hamilton. Gaines saw even less playing time with the Bucks during the half of the 2004–05 season. Gaines playing time decreased even more with the Bucks in the 2005–06 season, appearing in 12 games, in 2006 he moved to Italy where he played for Angelico Biella, Armani Jeans Milano and Benetton Treviso. In 2009 he joined the Bakersfield Jam, with whom he averaged 14.3 points and 4.0 assists per game, in December 2010 he signed with JA Vichy in France. In January 2012 Gaines signed a 30-day contract with the Fürstenfeld Panthers in Austria, on February 2,2012, the Panthers announced that the contract with Gaines would not be extended. In 2012, Gaines was hired as an assistant coach at Bellarmine University, NBA. com Profile - Reece Gaines http, //www. sportsstats. com/jazzyj/greats/03/gaines. htm NBA D-League Profile - Reece Gaines
6. Cliff Hammonds – Clifford Daniel Cliff Hammonds is an American professional basketball player for MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg of the Basketball Bundesliga. The 6 ft 3 in point guard played basketball for Clemson. Hammonds attended Cairo High School in his hometown Cairo, Georgia and he played college basketball at the Clemson University. In his four-year career with the Clemson Tigers, he played 134 games, Hammonds graduated from Clemson with a double major in architecture and psychology in 2008. He received the inaugural Skip Prosser Award, recognizing the top scholar-athlete in ACC mens basketball and his first team in Europe was Darüşşafaka of the Turkish Basketball League. He played there till the December 2008 when he moved to Efes Pilsen, with Efes he stayed only couple weeks and played five Euroleague games, and then returned to Darüşşafaka where he finished the season. During the summer of 2009 Hammonds played with Piratas de Quebradillas, the following season he played with Peristeri, where he averaged 12.9 points,3.1 rebounds,3.7 assists and 1.5 steals per game in the Greek Basket League. In June 2010, Hammonds signed a deal with ASVEL Basket. In August 2011, he signed a deal with Banvit. In August 2012, he signed a deal with KK Igokea. In July 2013, Hammonds signed a deal with Alba Berlin. On October 31,2015, Hammonds was selected by the Rio Grande Valley Vipers with the 12th overall pick in the 2015 NBA Development League Draft, on September 24,2016, Hammonds signed with Limoges CSP of the French LNB Pro A. On November 8,2016, he left Limoges and signed with German club MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg, note, The EuroLeague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season. He also played in competition, and regional competition if applicable. Clifford Hammonds at draftexpress. com Clifford Hammonds at eurobasket. com Clifford Hammonds at euroleague. net Clifford Hammonds at fiba. com Clifford Hammonds at tblstat. net