Category:RCA Records Christmas albums
Pages in category "RCA Records Christmas albums"
The following 30 pages are in this category, out of 30 total, this list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 30 pages are in this category, out of 30 total, this list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. A Chipmunk Christmas – A Chipmunk Christmas is an animated Christmas television special based on characters from Alvin and the Chipmunks. This was the first time that Alvin, Simon and David Seville were voiced by Ross Bagdasarian, Jr. a soundtrack album based on the television special was released in 1981. The album serves as the groups third Christmas album and their twelfth album overall, the album peaked at number 72 on Billboards Pop Albums Chart and was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America, becoming the groups third and final gold album. Between 1992 and 2001, the album, which was released as an LP, was re-released in cassette. He admits that the chance of Tommy recovering before Christmas is bleak, meanwhile, the Chipmunks have a recording session. Dave agrees to this, and tells them not to be late, at the music store, Alvin sees another Golden Echo harmonica, and tells his own harmonica that its the best harmonica in the world. At that moment, Tommys mother and sister arrive at the store, Alvin feels bad about Tommys illness, so much that during the recording session, he cant sing in tune with the others. Dave gives the Chipmunks a break, so Alvin goes to Tommys house and presents him with his own harmonica, returning in time to finish the session. Unfortunately, later, while the Chipmunks are decorating the tree, Alvin reveals what he did to Simon and Theodore, and makes a plan to get enough money for a new harmonica. The Chipmunks gather up all the dogs in the neighborhood, and set up a photo booth, unfortunately, the presence of a cat ruins the whole thing, and draws Daves attention. As a result, Dave mistakes Alvins actions for greed, and this leads to a dream sequence involving Clyde Crashcup, who says that he has invented Christmas and Santa. Alvin tells him he needs money, and when Dave comes to check up on him, he is saying money in his sleep, causing Dave to give up. On Christmas Eve, two hours before the concert, Simon and Theodore give Alvin the money they have saved up, when asked where Alvin went, they lie and say they dont know. Luckily, just as Dave is complaining, he gets a call from Tommys mother, who tells him about Alvins harmonica. At the music store, Alvin is depressed, as he doesnt have enough money for a new harmonica. Just then, an old woman appears, and buys it for him, only asking for a song in return. Dave, Simon, and Theodore arrive, and Dave apologizes to Alvin, at the concert, Alvin learns that Tommy has fully recovered, and he joins the Chipmunks on stage. At the end, Santa Claus returns to the North Pole, as Santa flies over the city before returning home, we hear the Chipmunks singing We Wish You A Merry Christmas
2. Christmas with Chet Atkins – Christmas with Chet Atkins is a recording by Chet Atkins. White Christmas contains Atkins first recorded use of chordal harmonics, the album is overall, criminally underrated. In 1997, Christmas with Chet Atkins was reissued on CD by Razor & Tie and it differs from the original vinyl pressing by substituting alternate takes for several tracks and has an alternate cover. In 2004, RCA reissued Christmas with Chet Atkins on CD, jingle Bell Rock –1,51 Winter Wonderland –2,49 Jolly Old St. The Herald Angels Sing –1,55 O Come All Ye Faithful –2,19 Deck the Halls –1,11 Silent Night –2,01 Chet Atkins – guitar The Anita Kerr Singers - background chorus
3. Christmas, with Love – Christmas, with Love is a Christmas album and the fourth studio album by British recording artist Leona Lewis. It was released on 29 November 2013, by Syco Music, work on the album began in February 2013, during which Lewis began writing immediately after the release of her less-commercially successful album Glassheart. In June 2013, it was revealed that Lewis fourth studio album would be a Christmas album, Lewis enlisted two producers for the album, Richard Biff Stannard and Ash Howes, with Lewis herself contributing to the albums production. Upon release, Christmas, with Love was met with reviews from critics. Other critics noted the album as one of the best modern Christmas albums in memory, initially, the album charted at twenty five in the United Kingdom, the following week, the album rose to number thirteen on the chart becoming Lewis lowest-charting album to date. The album was preceded by one single One More Sleep, which was released on 5 November 2013, the news came after Lewis announced that she had parted ways from Modest. Management, the management team who had represented her since she won the series of The X Factor in 2006. Various media outlets speculated that this was due to the commercial performance of her third studio album, Glassheart. It became her first album to not debut at number one or earn platinum certification in the United Kingdom, the following month, Lewis confirmed that she was indeed in the process of recording a Christmas album. She revealed that it was recorded on the recommendation of Syco boss Simon Cowell and he came up with the Christmas album idea, and we both kind of felt it was the right time to go ahead with it. However, she decided that she wanted to do something a bit different instead, recording sessions began during the summer in Brighton, England, speaking about recording Christmas songs during the heatwave that struck the country, Lewis said We turned up the A/C, basically. Lewis unveiled the artwork for Christmas, with Love on 4 November 2013 and it has a vintage theme, which includes the track list on the front cover, as well as nine different photos of Lewis posing with various Christmas objects. Lewis revealed the track list on 4 November 2013. It comprises three original songs co-written by Lewis, One More Sleep, Mr Right and Your Hallelujah, Lewis stated that Christmas, with Love is inspired by Motown music, but that she wanted to step out of the genre. One More Sleep was released as the single from Christmas. It was co-wrriten by Lewis with Richard Biff Stannard, Iain James, Jez Ashurst and Bradford Ellis, Lewis carried out the vocal production with Stannard and Howes, too. It was released in the United States on 5 November 2013, and in Ireland, due to strong digital sales upon the release of the album in Ireland, Lewis rendition of O Holy Night entered the Irish Singles Chart at number 86 for the week ending 14 December 2013. Christmas, with Love was released on 29 November 2013 in Germany and it was followed by the United Kingdom on 2 December, Canada, Italy and the United States on 3 December
4. Elvis sings The Wonderful World of Christmas – Elvis sings The Wonderful World Of Christmas is a 1971 album by American singer and musician Elvis Presley, and Elvis second and final Christmas album. The album was released in October 1971, followed by the single from the album Merry Christmas Baby / O Come All Ye Faithful released in November 1971. This album was a top seller and topped the Billboard Holiday Albums Chart and it did not have the commercial appeal of Elvis’ first Christmas album. Over the years, it has become a perennial favorite and it was certified Gold on November 4,1977, Platinum on December 1,1977, 2x Platinum on May 20,1988 and 3x Platinum on July 15,1999 by the RIAA. Presley is accompanied on most of the songs by The Imperials Quartet, on later pressings, the song Blue Christmas, which was recorded on June 27,1968, was added to the track listing. The song had previously released on the 1968 album, Elvis. Elvis sings The Wonderful World of Christmas at Discogs
5. Elvis' Christmas Album – It has been reissued in numerous different formats since its first release. The publication Music Vendor listed Elvis Christmas Album on their singles charts for two weeks in December 1957 – January 1958, with a position of #49. According to the latest certifications by the Recording Industry Association of America and it is the first Presley title to attain Diamond certification by the RIAA, and is also the best-selling Christmas/holiday album of all time in the United States. The album has sold 15 million copies worldwide, the two album sides divided into a program of secular Christmas songs on side one, with two traditional Christmas carols and the gospel numbers on side two. Those included two spirituals by innovator Thomas A. Dorsey, Peace in the Valley and Take My Hand, coincidentally, A Jolly Christmas from Frank Sinatra released the previous month by that other 1950s singing icon, also divided into a secular and a traditional side. While most of the songs selected were traditional Christmas fare, such as White Christmas and Silent Night, two new songs by regular suppliers of material for Presley were commissioned. One was Santa Bring My Baby Back and the other, was a rock and roll number, Santa Claus Is Back in Town, written by Jerry Leiber. Elvis had asked the pair to come up with another Christmas song during sessions for the album, within a few minutes, they had the song written, Silent Night and O Little Town of Bethlehem were arranged by Elvis Presley. While most US radio stations ignored Berlins request, at least one disc jockey was fired for playing a song from the album, unlike Elvis recording, however, their version attracted virtually no adverse reaction, and certainly no reported opposition from Irving Berlin. Part of the reason that The Drifters version of White Christmas was less controversial was because that version was played only on radio stations. Elvis Presleys version brought greater attention to The Drifters version which gained prominence with its inclusion in the 1990 movie Home Alone, original 1957 copies of Elvis Christmas Album were issued with a red booklet-like album cover featuring promotional photos from Elvis third movie Jailhouse Rock. Original copies with the gold sticker intact on the shrink wrap have proven to be among the most valuable of Elvis albums, adding to its already high value are limited red vinyl albums and album covers with gold print down the spine. Record labels for all original 1957 pressings are black with all-silver print, the famous His Masters Voice dog logo at the top of label, and LONG 33 1⁄3 PLAY at the bottom. The other new composition on the album, Santa, Bring My Baby Back to Me was paired with Santa Claus Is Back In Town, the single reached number seven on the UK Singles Chart in November 1957. Santa Claus Is Back In Town/Blue Christmas was a 1965 single release for the US market, Blue Christmas would re-enter the Christmas or Holiday Singles chart many times in the years that follow. Two different EPs, Elvis Sings Christmas Songs, EPA4108 in December 1957, the former topped the newly established Billboard EP Chart, while the latter failed to chart. Elvis Christmas Album was reissued two years after its first release, replacing the cover of the original with a close-up of Elvis as he posed against an outdoor. The album continued to reach the charts each year until 1962
6. Home for Christmas (NSYNC album) – Home for Christmas is the second studio album and first Christmas album by American boy band NSYNC. The album was released on November 10,1998, following the success of their debut album, on October 27,1999, Home for Christmas was certified Double Platinum by the RIAA for shipment of two million copies in the United States. Home for Christmas was released on September 30,2002 in the United Kingdom as The Meaning of Christmas on Ariola Express with a track listing. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays was released as a single in the United States, the album has sold over 4 million copies worldwide. Notes ^ signifies a vocal co-producer
7. John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together – John Denver and the Muppets, A Christmas Together is a 1979 Christmas television special starring Jim Hensons Muppets and singer/songwriter John Denver. The special first aired December 5,1979 on ABC, the special has never been released in any standard home media video format and there are currently no plans to release it. The special opens with Denver and the Muppets singing The Twelve Days of Christmas, during the discussion of her number, Miss Piggy confronts Denver in her dressing room about their presumably mutual attraction. Miss Piggy, as a doll named Fifi, sings I Will Wait for You to Denver, the program concludes with Denver reciting the story of Jesus birth and joining the Muppets to sing Stille Nacht/Silent Night while the children in the audience join in. Better known is the album of the same name, which featured 13 tracks of traditional Christmas carols. All releases of the album contain a different recording of The Twelve Days of Christmas than that featured in the TV special, a sheet music edition was also released containing most of the songs and musical scores from the special. This is the listing for the full version of the soundtrack. - bass guitar, arranger Glen D
8. Let's Share Christmas – Lets Share Christmas is a holiday studio album by jazz guitarist John Pizzarelli, accompanied by his ordinary trio of Martin Pizzarelli and Ray Kennedy. Also accompanying the trio on a number of tracks are various guest musicians, lets Share Christmas White Christmas Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas What Are You Doing New Years Eve
9. Looking for Christmas – Looking for Christmas is the sixth studio album by American country music singer Clint Black. The album was released on October 17,1995 and his first album of Christmas music, it features the song Til Santas Gone. This song charted on several occasions on the Hot Country Songs charts, all songs written by Clint Black/Hayden Nicholas except where noted. R
10. Merry Christmas with Love – Merry Christmas with Love is Clay Aikens first Christmas album, released by RCA Records on November 16,2004. It was certified platinum and was recognized by Billboard as the best-selling Christmas/holiday album of 2004, the album was re-released on August 18,2009 on the Sony label. Aiken has toured four times with his Joyful Noise Tour to promote this album, Merry Christmas with Love debuted at number four on the U. S. Billboard 200 chart with about 270,000 copies sold, this was also its peak position on the chart. By the end of 2004, around 1,004,000 copies of the album had sold, and the album won Billboard awards for the Best-Selling Christmas Album of 2004. The album set a new record for fastest-selling holiday album in the SoundScan era, on January 6,2005, Merry Christmas with Love was certified Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America for shipments of one million copies in the U. S. Going into the 2010 Christmas season,1,416,000 copies had sold in the U. S. and 2 million worldwide. O Holy Night Winter Wonderland Silent Night Medley, Hark, the Herald Angels Sing/O Come All Ye Faithful Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas Mary, Did You Know. Joy to the World The Christmas Song Dont Save It All for Christmas Day Merry Christmas with Love Sleigh Ride What Are You Doing New Years Eve. ^ O, Holy Night Written by, Adolphe Adam, John Sullivan Dwight / Produced by, Walter Afanasieff -3,38 ^ Winter Wonderland Written by, Richard B. Smith, Felix Bernard / Produced by Phil Ramone -2,49 ^ Silent Night Written by, Franz Gruber, Joseph Mohr / Produced by, Phil Ramone -2,17 ^ Medley, the Joyful Noise Tours official sponsor was Ronald McDonald House Charities. 2005, The Joyful Noise 2005 Tour 36-City, 40-Concert U. S, the opening act and contributing musician was pop-classical pianist William Joseph. 2006, Holiday Tour 18-city tour of mostly in the eastern U. S. Performed with local orchestras, which opened the concerts with a program of seasonal music. 2007, Christmas in the Heartland 21-date eastern U. S. tour began on November 26 in Wichita, Kansas and ended on December 22,2007 in Merrillville, Indiana. Holiday stories submitted and read by fans were spaced throughout the performance as lead in to 4 of the song selections, aiken has ended each of his Christmas tours with his signature Christmas song, Dont Save It All for Christmas Day
11. My Kind of Christmas – My Kind of Christmas is the third studio album and first Christmas album by American singer Christina Aguilera. It was released on October 24,2000, by RCA Records, the album was recorded from late-1999 to late-2000, while Aguilera was touring to promote her first two studio albums, Christina Aguilera and Mi Reflejo. The album was produced by Ron Fair, The Matrix, Robbie Buchanan and my Kind of Christmas received generally mixed to negative reviews from music critics, who criticized its musical style, as well as Aguileras vocal delivery. The album peaked at number 28 on the U. S. Billboard 200 and was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America and my Kind of Christmas was recorded from late-1999 to mid-2000, when Aguilera was touring to support her two debut recordings. Originally, Aguileras idol Etta James was planned to be included as a performer on the track Merry Christmas. However the idea was later canceled, and Dr. John was chosen as her replacement afterwards and it is a Christmas and dance-pop album, which contains mainly cover versions of Christmas standards and several new tracks, including Christmas Time, This Year and Xtinas Xmas. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas and Merry Christmas, Baby are the two soulful ballads from the album, backed by a 70-piece orchestra, Christmas Time and a cover of Celine Dions These Are the Special Times, meanwhile, are the two painful tracks. Christmas Time and This Year are the two hip hop influenced pop tracks, the Christmas Song was remade as a dance-styled number, which is set to a kicking dance beat. The Christmas Song released as a single in late-1999 was included in the album, the album was released on October 24,2000, by RCA Records as Aguileras third studio album in the United States, following her two first albums Christina Aguilera and Mi Reflejo. It was released as two formats, CD and cassette, in order to promote the album, Aguilera promoted the album on a number of shows, including The Rosie ODonnell Show, The Early Show, and David Letterman Show. On December 10,2000, Aguilera performed The Christmas Song, Genie in a Bottle and What a Girl Wants during a concert at Franklin High in Milwaukee, there, she performed the track with Brian McKnight. The concert was filmed and released as a DVD entitled My Reflection, the album garnered mixed to negative reviews from music critics, some of them criticized her vocals. AllMusic editor Stephen Thomas Erlewine wrote that none of the new songs are knockouts, Chris Willman from Entertainment Weekly thought that Aguilera oversings so wildly that there wouldnt have been enough oxygen in the booth to sustain another life form. My Kind of Christmas debuted at number 38 on the Billboard 200 and it eventually peaked atop the Billboard Holiday Albums. Due to its success, the Recording Industry Association of America certified the album platinum. The Christmas Song became Aguileras third top-twenty hit on the Billboard Hot 100 and it also charted at number 22 in Canada. In November 2013, the album entered the International Albums chart in South Korea at number 37, Christina Aguilera – A Star Is Made, The Unauthorized Biography. My Kind of Christmas at Discogs
12. A Special Christmas – A Special Christmas is an album by R&B group SWV that was released in the United States on November 18,1997 by RCA Records. It is an album featuring both cover versions and original material. A Special Christmas would be the album the trio recorded together before they disbanded in 1998. Coko, the lead singer, released her first solo album in 1999. Note, While the Album Length is consistently 42,20 and these minute differences balance out & leave the Album Length unchanged
13. That's Christmas to Me – Thats Christmas to Me is the third studio album by a cappella group Pentatonix. It is their sixth overall and their second holiday release following their 2012 EP PTXmas. It only features previously unreleased material and it was released on October 21,2014 through RCA Records, peaked at number 2 on the Billboard 200, and has been certified double platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America. The album is named after the song by Pentatonix, the only original song featured on the album. By years end, December 31,2014, according to Billboard, it reached a final 2014 total of 1.14 million copies sold, the album is also the highest charting holiday album by a group since 1962. The album has sold 2,200,000 copies in the United States as of December 2016, Thats Christmas to Me peaked at number two on the Billboard 200 in the United States. And at number 4 on the Billboard Canadian Albums Chart, the album also charted moderately in other countries including Australia, New Zealand and Norway. On December 1,2014, Thats Christmas to Me was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America, Pentatonix became the first act to top both the Holiday Albums and Holiday Songs charts simultaneously since the Holiday 100 launched as a multi-metric tabulation in December 2011. The album is also the highest charting album by a group since 1962. The album has sold 1,900,000 copies in the US as of December 2016, the albums title track, Thats Christmas to Me, also peaked at number 8 on the Adult Contemporary chart. The Herald Angels Sing at number 17, the album received generally favorable reviews by critics. FDRMX gave it 4.5 out of 5 stars, claiming the album has a mix of traditional holiday songs, religious ballads. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel dubbed it a Christmas miracle, citing a streak of beautifully sung, in November 2014, Pentatonix were invited by Australian film director, producer and screenwriter Baz Luhrmann to be involved with the Holiday Window display at Barneys in New York City. Pentatonix performed at the Opening night with a medley of songs from Thats Christmas to Me, on November 27,2014, Pentatonix participated in the annual Macys Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City, performing Santa Claus Is Coming to Town on the Homewood Suites float. Pentatonix also performed during NBCs annual Christmas in Rockefeller Centre special on December 3,2014, performing Sleigh Ride, Pentatonix returned to The Sing-Off, performing a medley of songs from Thats Christmas to Me during the Season 5 holiday special, which aired on December 17,2014. All songs arranged by Pentatonix and Ben Bram
14. To Wish You a Merry Christmas – To Wish You a Merry Christmas is an album by Harry Belafonte Recorded May 27,31, June 1,3 and 8 of 1958 in Hollywood. Millard Thomas and Laurindo Almeida, guitarists, produced and directed by Ed Welker. To Wish You a Merry Christmas was originally released in 1958 as RCA Victor catalog number LPM/LSP-1887, the original LP cover featured an illustration of the Three Wise Men and a listing of the songs in front. The credits are also different, listing the conductor as Robert De Cormier. Side 1, identical to the 1958 release, the tracks are identical to the 1962 release, except that sides 1 and 2 have been switched. A completely different picture of Belafonte is used on the cover. O, Welker Producer Watson Wylie Liner Notes
15. Twelve Songs of Christmas – Twelve Songs of Christmas is an album by Jim Reeves released in the US in 1963. It was Reeves first and only Christmas-themed release, the album was released on the RCA Victor label, in stereo and mono respectively. The album was first released in South Africa as Merry Christmas from Jim Reeves as an eleven-track album, silver Bells was recorded in July 1963 to create the twelve track US album released in 1963
16. White Christmas (Martina McBride album) – White Christmas is the fifth album and an album of covers of famous Christmas songs by country singer Martina McBride released by RCA Nashville in 1998. The album was reissued in 1999 with new artwork and two new tracks and it was re-released for the second time in October 2007 with newer artwork and four new tracks added. In 2013, it was reisused for a time as The Classic Christmas Album. In the U. S. the album was certified Gold on November 9,1999, the album has sold 1,809,200 copies in the U. S. as of December 2016
17. Wrapped in Red – Wrapped in Red is the sixth studio album by American recording artist Kelly Clarkson, released on October 25,2013, by RCA Records. The album is a follow-up to her first greatest hits album, Greatest Hits – Chapter One, produced by Greg Kurstin, it is her first Christmas album and her first record to be solely released by RCA. Weary of constantly being asked for her genre, Clarkson had long-desired to record a Christmas album as a means to defy genre limitations. She commissioned Kurstin, who had studied music under the tutelage of Jaki Byard. Wrapped in Red debuted on the Billboard 200 chart at number 3, for nine consecutive weeks, Wrapped in Red stayed on the top ten of both charts and was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America and Music Canada. By the end of 2013, it became the years best-selling Christmas release in the United States and its lead single, Underneath the Tree, became an international top forty Christmas hit song and was radios most-played new holiday song of 2013. In 2014, Clarkson released the track as the second single and hosted an annual Christmas benefit concert, Miracle on Broadway. Weary of constantly being asked for her genre, she felt that recording a Christmas album would finally pave a way for her to explore other different genres. She remarked, I always get asked what genre Im in, and whats cool about making the Christmas album was, Oh, there are no limitations. We can do whatever we want and she further added, The thing about Christmas is that it almost doesnt matter what mood youre in or what kind of a year youve had—its a fresh start. Im going to clear the air and take stock of the good thats happened, discussions about making her sixth studio album being a Christmas record began on December 2012, a month after releasing her first greatest hits album, Greatest Hits – Chapter One. Despite having been raised in a Jewish faith and unfamiliar with Christmas songs, as a result, the record marked the second time her studio album only had a single producer. It also marked the fourth time Kurstin had solely produced a studio album apart from being a member of the musical groups The Bird. Kurstin recalled, It was a lot of fun for us because we got to go back to our roots, when Kelly started singing, it was clear she had the chops and had been trained to do anything. He further added, We really experimented and it was so much fun and liberating. He also collaborated with Joseph Trapanese to arrange and conduct a chamber orchestra and he enlisted Clarkson to provide all the background vocals herself. Clarkson, who grew up singing in a choir, was pleased with the aspect, sometimes Id have to do an alto instead of a soprano because they needed a bigger sound. But Ive never had to do anything like this all my backup vocals