Category:Rainforest Films films
Pages in category "Rainforest Films films"
The following 19 pages are in this category, out of 19 total, this list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 19 pages are in this category, out of 19 total, this list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. Rainforest Films – Rainforest Films was a film production company founded in 1994 by Rob Hardy and Will Packer that produced films geared towards African-Americans. With fraternity brothers William Packer and Gregory Anderson producing, Rob Hardy wrote and directed Chocolate City, the film about a young man’s profound experience on a black college campus, was shot using 16mm color film on the campus of Florida A&M University in Tallahassee, Florida. In 1994, on the eve of the success of Chocolate City, Hardy, one of the most important goals of Rainforest Films is to create work that will uplift, instead of degrade, the African-American spirit. After relocating from Tallahassee to Atlanta, Georgia, the company produced the erotic thriller Trois in 2000, funded, produced and distributed independently, Trois became the fastest black indie film to ever surpass the $1 million mark at the box office. In 2002, Rainforest Films released the critically acclaimed motion picture Pandora’s Box at the American Black Film Festival, later that year, The Hollywood Reporter listed Rob Hardy and William Packer amongst the New Establishment of Black Power Brokers in Hollywood. Rainforest Films acquired the US distribution rights to Master P’s gritty prison drama Lockdown in 2003, the film received a limited theatrical run but eventually became one of Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment’s top selling independent releases of the year. The last Will Packer-produced film that appears under the Rainforest Films banner is About Last Night, think Like a Man Too, No Good Deed, The Wedding Ringer and Ride Along 2 will fall under the new shingle Will Packer Productions. On June 20,2014, Bronner Bros. president and CEO Bernard Bronner, Bronner states in the suit that he invested over $500,000 and raised another $250,000 to start Rainforest Films back in 2000 and was one-third owner of the company. Bronner, who is demanding a trial by jury, is seeking judgement against Hardy, Rainforest Productions Holdings and Hardy and Packer are not presently commenting further on the Bronner lawsuit
2. About Last Night (2014 film) – About Last Night is a 2014 American romantic comedy film starring Kevin Hart, Michael Ealy, Regina Hall and Joy Bryant. The film is directed by Steve Pink and written by Leslye Headland and it is based on the 1974 David Mamet play Sexual Perversity in Chicago and is a remake of the 1986 film of the same name. While the original film is set in Chicago, Illinois, the remake is set in Los Angeles, the film premiered at the Pan African Film Festival on February 11,2014 and was released in theaters on Valentines Day, February 14,2014. The film received positive reviews, with most critics praising the humor between Hart and Hall. The film grossed $49 million against its budget of $12.5 million. The film features the actors, Hart was cast in June 2012. In the following July, Ealy and Hall joined the cast, Hart, Hall, and Ealy had previously starred together in the romantic comedy Think Like a Man, which About Last Nights producer Will Packer also produced. Joy Bryant was cast in August to round out the four key roles, in addition to McDonald, Rodríguez, Lo Truglio, and Patton making up the supporting cast, American football player Terrell Owens had a cameo appearance in the film. Hart and Hall played the characters that James Belushi and Elizabeth Perkins played in the original film, while the character Joan was not very likable in the original film, Hall said the writers revised the character to be closer to the one depicted in the play. Hall said, Instead of making her just snarky, there are a lot of levels that she goes to, Ealy and Bryant played characters portrayed by Rob Lowe and Demi Moore in the previous film. Ealy said he not to see the play or the original film to avoid repeating any performances. He said of the roles of Danny and Debbie, With Bernie and Joan, they are funny, they act funny. Bring a bit more gravitas to the story, and reality. Ealy, who was 40 years old at the time of release, played a 28-year-old character and he also compared About Last Nights depiction of adult Black people in a sexy, romantic way to the film Love Jones. About Last Night is produced by Screen Gems, a division of Sony Pictures Entertainment, with the involvement of production companies Rainforest Films, the film is directed by Steve Pink and written by Leslye Headland. The film is a remake of the 1986 film of the same name, both films differ from the play by substituting a reconciliation of the couple at the end rather than a break-up. Development of the began in January 2011 when Screen Gems tasked Will Gluck to produce the film and to hire a director. By June 2012, Leslye Headland was hired to write the adapted screenplay, Pink said he liked Headlands screenplay, and he wanted to direct a romantic comedy-drama
3. The Gospel (film) – The Gospel is a 2005 film directed and written by Rob Hardy. It was released in the United States on October 7,2005, the film retells the Parable of the Prodigal Son in a modern context. According to the Rotten Tomatoes web site, 32% of movie reviews of The Gospel were positive and 68% negative. The Gospel at the Internet Movie Database The Gospel at the TCM Movie Database The Gospel at Box Office Mojo Reviews Music redeems confused Gospel, The Boston Globe, Ty Burr, October 7,2005. The Gospel, A Church Welcomes Home a Wayward Son, New York Times, Laura Kern, heavenly voices raise The Gospels spirit, San Francisco Chronicle, Walter Addiego, October 10,2005
4. Lockdown (2000 film) – Lockdown is a 2000 drama film, directed by John Luessenhop and starring Richard T. Jones, Clifton Powell, David Shark Fralick, and Master P. The film was produced by Masters Ps No Limit Films, a division of his No Limit Records label, in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Avery Montgomery is taking time off from college to spend time with his girlfriend Krista, and help raise their young son. Despite the lack of black swimmers, Avery develops to a championship level, Cashmere, happens to be one of Averys best friends since childhood. Despite the fact that their personalities and lifestyles are quite different, with their friend Dre, the trio have been friends since childhood. Earlier in the day before the meet, Cashmere had a run-in with Broadway. Cashmere is expected to bring back five $10 rocks, $50 is also expected or else he gets beat up or killed. Broadway happened to be short in his return, and it angered Cashmere, who proceeds to kick Broadway down a flight of metal stairs and pull out a gun to assert his power. After the swim meet, Cashmere and Dre, who are there to him on, convince Avery to come out and celebrate his big victory. However, she tells him to go out and he changes his mind before hops in the car, at a certain point, Dre, who is riding in the back seat, finds the gun, and questions Cashmere about violating their unwritten rule. Cashmere has no idea what he is talking about, and the three men realize that they have a gun, in their possession, and had no idea where it came from. As they were arguing over how to get rid of it, some cops spot them and, thinking their car looks similar to Broadways car, come up behind them and pull them over. One of the officers orders them out of the car at gunpoint, which they obey, but a few moments later Cashmeres pit bull runs toward the officer, Cashmere pulls out the gun in anger, but is shot in the shoulder and knocked down. After being wrongfully convicted of Broadways crime, the three are sent to the medium security prison while serving a ten-year prison sentence for manslaughter. Graffitis rival, Clean Up is another drug trafficker who Cashmere began to work for, Avery is resentful and resistant at first, towards both Pierce and Krista but eventually accepts their visitations and attempts to help. Graffiti and the gang kill Nuke anyway, one day, Dre shoots up heroin and comes back to his cell to find an angry Graffiti waiting for him. Dre tries to strangle Graffiti while starting to build some resistance, Graffiti, whos twice his size, eventually gets the upper hand back and starts to beat him up. Avery, who happens to be on his way to see Dre, Malachi, in an unexplained move, flies into a rage in front of the hearing panel, screaming and throwing chairs around the room and getting shipped out to a maximum security prison for his efforts. But at this point, Avery has gleaned enough that he can now be solo like Malachi, Avery then gets a new cellmate who tries the same greeting to Avery, and Avery gives him the same response he got from Malachi, and he becomes his mentor
5. Obsessed (2009 film) – Obsessed is a 2009 American thriller film directed by Steve Shill. The Rainforest Films production stars Idris Elba, Beyoncé, and Ali Larter, Obsessed tells the story of Lisa, an office temp played by Larter, who develops romantic feelings for her boss, Derek Charles, and repeatedly attempts to seduce him. Dereks wife, Sharon, learns of Lisas obsessive behavior, Obsessed was inspired by the work of directors Roman Polanski and Alfred Hitchcock, and its score was written by James Dooley. Lisa and Sharon were dressed in contrasting styles to reinforce their conflicting characters, Obsessed opened in US theaters on April 24,2009, and UK theaters on May 29,2009, and was distributed by Screen Gems. Obsessed received generally negative reviews critics, many of whom were disappointed in the absence of an explanation for Lisas obsession with Derek. Others noted that the theme of interracial conflict between the Charles family, who are black, and Lisa, who is white, was unexplored. The fight scene finale between Sharon and Lisa, however, was commended by reviewers, and won the MTV Movie Award for Best Fight, Obsessed spent its first week atop the US box office, and grossed $73.8 million from theaters, internationally. Sony Pictures Home Entertainment released the film for viewing on August 4,2009, in the US and has sold 1.3 million DVDs. Derek Charles works for a company and is married to Sharon. While Derek is at work, he greets temporary worker Lisa Sheridan, Derek repeatedly rejects her, but Lisa continues to pursue him, making sexual advances on him at the Christmas party and flashing him in his car. Derek intends to report Lisa to his firms human resource management, thinking that Lisa has given up, Derek is annoyed when he receives flirtatious emails from her. Derek and his workmates visit a resort for a conference, where he spots and confronts Lisa, incapacitated, Derek is helpless when Lisa follows him into his hotel room and rapes him. He confronts Lisa again the day, and hours later discovers her lying naked in his bed after attempting suicide by drug overdose. After repeated attempts to reach Derek on his phone, Sharon finds Derek at the hospital and suspects that he and Lisa had an affair, Sharon, refusing to believe Derek, kicks him out of their house, and he moves into a separate apartment. Months later, Derek and Sharon meet up for dinner and finally reconcile, meanwhile, Lisa tricks the babysitter Samantha into letting her in under the pretense of being one of Sharons friends. When Derek and Sharon return home after dinner, they discover that Lisa had been in the house and seemingly abducted Derek and Sharons infant son, Derek goes to his car with the intent to pursue Lisa, only to find the baby is safely sitting in the back seat. He and Sharon immediately take Kyle to the hospital for a check-up, when Derek and Sharon return home from the hospital, they find Lisa has trashed their bedroom and removed Sharons face from their family portrait. Sharon leaves a voice message on Lisas phone, and she
6. Ride Along (film) – Ride Along is a 2014 American buddy cop action comedy film directed by Tim Story and starring Ice Cube, Kevin Hart, John Leguizamo, Bryan Callen, Tika Sumpter and Laurence Fishburne. Greg Coolidge, Jason Mantzoukas, Phil Hay, and Matt Manfredi wrote the screenplay based on an originally from Coolidge. The film follows Ben Barber, a school security guard who must prove to his girlfriends brother, James Payton. James, an officer out to catch Serbian smugglers boss Omar. Principal photography began on October 31,2012 in Atlanta and ended on December 19,2012, the film was produced by Relativity Media, Cube Vision Productions and Rainforest Films, and distributed by Universal Pictures. Following two premieres in Atlanta and Los Angeles, the film was released worldwide on January 17,2014, despite negative reviews, the film earned a worldwide total of more than $153 million against a budget of $25 million. The film broke the record for highest domestic opening weekend gross in the month of January, taking in $41.5 million, a sequel, Ride Along 2, was released on January 15,2016. James Payton is a detective, on an operation where fake passports are being smuggled into Atlanta by a man named Omar. After a shootout with the smugglers, and a car chase that leaves one injured, Ben Barber, a fast-talking, jumpy high school security guard who plays video games in his spare time, applies for the Atlanta City Police Academy. When he gets in, he decides to ask James for his blessings to marry his sister Angela, James then says Ben has to be worthy of Angela, making him go on a ride along to prove it. After picking up Ben and taking him to the police station, James makes Ben take care of all the 1-26s. James then arrives at the park to question an informant Runflat, about a connection of Serbia and he finds out that a shipment will come in later that day. After leaving the park, James takes Ben to the shooting range where he finds out that Zastava M92s have been given to the store. When a 1-26 is called in, Ben and James are called to the Sweet Auburn Curb Market where a man named Crazy Cody is being disorderly. Ben tries to him but is unable to, so James arrests him. Ben asks to be home before he receives a call from Angela. He then goes into the station and sees Cody laughing with James and his partners Santiago. James subdues the men, and the two are then tipped off about a gun deal involving Omars men, Ben then confronts James about the 1-26s
7. Stomp the Yard – Stomp the Yard is a 2007 dance drama film produced by Rainforest Films and released through Sony Pictures Screen Gems division on January 12,2007. Directed by Sylvain White, Stomp the Yard centers on DJ Williams, the films central conflict involves DJs fraternity competing in various stepping competitions against a rival fraternity from the same school. The films script was written by Robert Adetuyi, working from a draft by Gregory Ramon Anderson. The film was originally titled Steppin, but to avoid confusion over the 2006 film Step Up, delta Sigma Theta along with other sororities like Gamma Theta were in the movie. The film stars Columbus Short, Meagan Good, Darrin Henson, Brian White, Laz Alonso, and Valarie Pettiford, with Harry Lennix, elsewhere Short and Brown had also starred together in the film This Christmas. DJ Williams is a man in inner-city Los Angeles. He and his younger brother Duron compete in dance competitions as members of a crew known as the Goon Squad. A fight breaks out, and the leader of the crew starts beating up DJ. Duron pushes him away and starts fighting him, leading the rival to pull out a gun and shoot Duron, killing him. Arrested for assault, DJ is subsequently sent by his mother to live with his aunt Jackie and uncle Nate in Atlanta, Georgia, where he is to attend historically black Truth University. Nate, the physical plant director at Truth, aims to teach DJ responsibility, DJ sees April Palmer, to whom he is immediately attracted. After registration, he moves into his room, where he meets his new roommate Rich Brown. Rich meets DJ at a competition on the green between the Truth chapters of rival fraternities Theta Nu Theta and Mu Gamma Xi. The Mu Gamma Xi crew, seven-time national stepping champions, easily steals the show until DJ sees April across the way and that night, Rich and his friends go out to a local club called the Phoenix and invite DJ along. Hoping to impress April and upstage Grant and the Gammas, DJ takes to the floor, despite the animosity between DJ and Grant, the Gammas recognize his skills as a dancer and their chapter president Zeke invites him to pledge for Mu Gamma Xi. DJ turns down both Zekes offer as well as an offer from the Theta Nu Theta chapters leader Sylvester, after learning that April is a student history tutor, DJ signs himself up for tutoring so that he can spend time with her. The two slowly begin a friendship and DJ takes April out to dinner, during their date, April discusses the importance of black fraternities and sororities with DJ, and tells him to visit Heritage Hall on the campus Greek Row. After crossing over to become official Theta members, DJ, Rich, while having dinner, April breaks up with Grant due to his chauvinistic attitude and his failure to know anything about her, particularly that green is her favorite color
8. Takers – Takers is a 2010 American action crime thriller film directed by John Luessenhop from a story and screenplay written by Luessenhop, Gabriel Casseus, Peter Allen, John Rogers, and Avery Duff. It features Matt Dillon, Paul Walker, Idris Elba, Jay Hernandez, Michael Ealy, chris Brown, Hayden Christensen and Zoe Saldana. The film was released on August 27,2010, Two detectives, Jack Welles and Eddie Hatcher, investigate a daring heist by a group of well-organized bank robbers. The crew, led by Gordon Cozier, consists of John, A. J. and brothers Jake, the crew is without a former member, Ghost, who was caught during a previous robbery 5 years ago. In his absence, Jake has begun a relationship with his former girlfriend Lilly, the crew, dressed as construction workers, hide out underground while Ghost poses as a police officer so he can keep an eye out for the trucks. Meanwhile, in order to themselves in case Ghost is setting them up. The blast, having been timed to the time the trucks had turned the last corner, occurs too far forward because the lead driver had stopped short to avoid the bicyclist. The lead driver radios the police while armed guards pile out of the rear truck, a gunfight ensued between the robbers in the crater and the guards on the street until John, commandeers the rear truck, and rams the lead truck into the crater. John and the other robbers pack the cash into bags and flee by heading down a variety of different tunnels with the plan of connecting into various lines to make their escape. They rush to the nearest station where they find Jesse, Jesse escapes, while Welles stops to aid his partner, who dies from his wound. Jesse reconvenes with the rest of the crew at a hotel room and it is now revealed that Ghost had previously cut a deal with the Russian gangsters to kill his former crewmates in exchange for half of the heists take. Ghost gives the Russians the hotel room number, then out the bathroom window, just before the Russians storm the room. A. J. dies in the firefight, but the rest of the crew is able to kill the Russians. Jake and Jesse return home where, to their horror, Jake finds Lillys lifeless body, the police surround their home and shoot the two when they make a suicide charge outside. Gordon and John separate to make their escape but realize Ghost intends to take all of their money, which is being held by Scott, Ghost sneaks onto Scotts private plane and kills him, taking their laundered money in two large suitcases. Gordon and Detective Welles arrive and a three-way Mexican standoff results in which Ghost hits both Gordon and Welles, as Ghost prepares to finish off Gordon, John arrives and shoots him dead. John recognizes Welles as the cop, who was with the little girl. John and Gordon refuse to kill Welles, John and an injured Gordon take the money and drive off, with Gordons sister Naomi in tow
9. Think Like a Man – Think Like a Man is a 2012 American romantic comedy film directed by Tim Story and written by Keith Marryman and David A. Newman, based on Steve Harveys 2009 book Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man. The film stars an ensemble cast, featuring Michael Ealy, Jerry Ferrara, Meagan Good, Regina Hall, Kevin Hart, Terrence J, Taraji P. Henson, Romany Malco, the film was released on April 20,2012 by Screen Gems. The film follows four storylines about each of the couples, titled, the Single Mom The Non-Committer vs. The Girl Who Wants the Ring The Dreamer vs, the Woman Who Is Her Own Man The Player vs. The 90 Day Rule Girl Each of the women are readers of Steve Harveys book Act Like a Lady, when the men learn that the women are hooked on Harveys advice, they try to turn the tables on their mates, which later seems to backfire. Six professional basketball players made appearances as themselves, Matt Barnes Shannon Brown Rasual Butler Darren Collison Lisa Leslie Metta World Peace The film received mixed reviews. The film also holds a score of 51 out of 100 on the website Metacritic, based on 30 reviews, the result is a tiresome exercise that circles at great length through various prefabricated stories defined by the advice each couple needs. Ebert called the cast superb noting in particular the performances of Meagan Good, owen Gleiberman of Entertainment Weekly also complimented Good and Harts performance, as well as Romany Malcos performance. He ultimately gave the film a B- grade, writing that it is so busy tracking courtship as if it were a project that the bite-size love stories lack spontaneity. Think Like a Man grossed over $33.7 million during its opening weekend, the romantic comedy film remained on top of the competition during its second week as well, bringing in $17.6 million. As of June 24,2012, Think Like a Man has earned $91,547,205 in both the United States and Canada, along with $4,523,302 in other countries, the movies production budget was $12.5 million. The films soundtrack includes songs by Kelly Rowland, Jennifer Hudson, Keri Hilson, John Legend, on June 28,2012 Screen Gems announced plans for a sequel Think Like a Man Too, with Keith Merryman and David A. Newman again writing the script. The film was released June 20,2014, official website Think Like a Man at the Internet Movie Database Think Like a Man at AllMovie Think Like a Man at Box Office Mojo Think Like a Man at Rotten Tomatoes Think Like a Man at Metacritic
10. This Christmas (film) – This Christmas is a 2007 American Christmas romantic musical comedy-drama film produced by Rainforest Films and distributed by Screen Gems. Written, produced and directed by Preston A. Whitmore II, it is a Christmas time story that centers on the Whitfield family, the film is based on the 1970 Donny Hathaway song of the same name, which is covered by Chris Brown in the film. The Whitfield family overcome many trials and obstacles during the Christmas season, Shirley Ann MaDere Whitfield greets her boyfriend Joe when he wakes up. Lisa, her husband Malcolm and their two kids are about to leave, and Michael Baby Whitfield gets a digital camera from Joe when MaDere confronts him about this, Quentin plays a saxophone at a local bar, after being followed he retreats to the bar. Lisa, Kelli, and Claude come to MaDeres house for the Christmas holiday, melanie Mel shows up with her boyfriend Devan. During dinner, Malcolm asks how he feels about attending an all-black college, melanie and Devan say that they both have the same major. Lisa suggests they should give up the business, which leads to an argument between Lisa and Kelli. After Quentin arrives, he talks to his family at the dinner table, in the kitchen, Mel informs Devan about MaDeres ex-husband Senior, they kiss and eventually make out. Quentin finds Joe and threatens him again, when Joe leaves, he plays the piano in the garage. Claude attempts to sneak off to a club, causing everyone to come with him, when Baby sings Try a Little Tenderness at a club, the family is astonished when they find out he can sing. Kelli and Gerald meet and have an instant attraction, eventually, Claude loses his temper with a couple of guys who attempted to hit on Sandi and pulls his gun out at the club, causing them to leave. At the house, Baby convinces his siblings to keep it a secret, the next day, all the guys look for a Christmas tree. Later on, Kelli, Lisa, and Mel are wrapping presents, at the airport, Malcolm has to leave because of his job and Lisa asks him why he has to leave so soon. In response, he tells Lisa everything will work out and Lisa feels depressed when Malcolm says theyre partners, Lisa comes home with Mo and Dude, who attempts to beat Quentin, until he tells them that a police car is nearby. Claude is arrested and Lisa and Quentin goes to the station to fix the situation, Lisa explains to Quentin why they have to sell the dry cleaners. MaDere scolds the family, for not cooking dinner or getting prepared for Christmas, when Lisa and Quentin return, they tell everyone that Claude is AWOL and the family is shocked when they meet Claudes newly wed, Sandi. Mo and Dude meet MaDere, resulting in Quentin acting nonchalant, Sandi tells Mel why Claude is AWOL and eventually admits that she is pregnant. Meanwhile, Quentin confronts MaDere about her relationship with Joe and why no one told him that she, Kelli admits that Malcolm is cheating on her and Lisa confesses that she already knew about it
11. Three Can Play That Game – Three Can Play That Game is a 2007 romantic comedy film directed by Samad Davis. The film stars Jason George, Jazsmin Lewis, and Vivica A. Fox, when Byron hits the big time, no one is happier than his girlfriend Tiffany - that is, until she catches him flirting with his sly new project manager Carla. While contemplating whether to break it off with Byron, Tiffanys best friend tells her about a specialist for women whose men can not control their primitive urges. Using her knowledge of the psyche and her new Five Step program, Shanté gives Tiffany the necessary tools she needs to train Byron. However, Byron also has expert advice in his corner, courtesy of his best friend Gizzard, once again, the battle for the title of the superior sex is on
12. Trois – Trois is a 2000 erotic thriller film that was directed by Rob Hardy and produced by William Packer. It stars Gary Dourdan, Kenya Moore and Gretchen Palmer, the film was given a limited theatrical release and was one of the years highest grossing African American films as well as one of the top fifty highest grossing independent films of 2000. The film was followed up with two sequels, Trois 2, Pandoras Box and Trois, The Escort, Jermaine Davis is a young attorney who is newly married and has recently moved to Atlanta, Georgia with his lovely and supportive wife Jasmine. While becoming settled into the new city and job, Jermaine becomes bored with his seemingly mundane lifestyle at home and he asks his wife to engage in a ménage à trois with another woman, in order to generate more excitement within their relationship and she reluctantly agrees. Once theyve committed the act, Jermaine begins to feel the insecurities of bringing a stranger into his marriage, as a result, he attempts to sever all ties with the woman. Unfortunately, it more complicated to remove this person from their lives and he realizes that his curiosity has thrown him into battle with a dangerous lunatic. Two further films were produced in the series, Pandoras Box. Neither film was a sequel to the first film and Pandoras Box was not filmed with the intent of creating it as a part of the Trois film series. Critical reception for the film in the series was poor. Trois at the Internet Movie Database Trois at Box Office Mojo
13. Trois 2: Pandora's Box – Trois 2, Pandoras Box is a 2002 erotic thriller written and directed by Rob Hardy. It stars Monica Calhoun, Michael Jai White, and Kristoff St. John, when first released, the film was known as Pandoras Box. The studio believed that it was similar in ways to director Rob Hardys film Trois. Chrystale Wilson made an appearance as her character Tammy from Trois. A womans infidelity leads her into a web of larceny and danger in this noir-flavored independent thriller, Mia DuBois is a psychologist who until recently worked with the police department, counseling the survivors of victims of violent crime. While Mia has entered into a private practice, shes persuaded by her former colleagues to take on new client, Tammy. As Mia helps Tammy with her problems, Mia finds herself thinking about her own marriage to Victor, as Mia begins wondering if she has other options, she visits a mysterious nightclub, Pandoras Box, where she meets the sexy and mysterious Hampton Hines. Hampton soon shifts his alliances to stay with Mia, but Victor, bringing in $85,710 from 14 cites, it opened in 38th place on the box office charts with an average gross of $6,122 per theater. Although Pandoras Box received poor reviews from critics, it was enjoyed by fans of the Trois series, the film was nominated for the Blockbuster Award for Best Feature Film and Monica Calhoun received the Best Performance by an Actress award at the 2002 American Black Film Festival. Calhoun was also nominated for Best Independent Film Actress at the 2003 Black Reel Awards, on December 28,2004, Columbia TriStar Home Video released Trois, The Escort, the third film in the series, direct-to-video. Trois 2, Pandoras Box at the Internet Movie Database Trois 2, Pandoras Box at Rotten Tomatoes Trois 2, Pandoras Box at Box Office Mojo
14. Trois: The Escort – Trois, The Escort is a 2004 erotic thriller directed by Sylvian White and starring Brian J. White, Patrice Fisher, Reagan Gomez-Preston and Isaiah Washington. The film was released direct-to-DVD by Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment on December 28,2004 and it is the sequel to 2002s Trois 2, Pandoras Box and the third movie in the Trois film series. Trenton Meyer is an intelligent, but naive college student turned hip-hop promoter who gets a more than what he had bargained for when a failed hip-hop concert goes south. Trent turns to the world of prostitution to pay what he owes to an underworld figure. Meanwhile, in life of prostitution, he falls for a colleague. Of the three films in the Trois series, this movie has no connection to the first two films and this movie was the first of the three films to be released straight to DVD and not theatrically. Executive producer and writer Rob Hardy does not direct this fiim, sylvain White directs the film under the pseudonym Skav One. Trois, The Escort at the Internet Movie Database