Category:Relativity Media animated films
- Animated films which were produced by Relativity Media — based in Beverly Hills.
1. Monster House (film) – The film stars Mitchel Musso, Sam Lerner, Spencer Locke, Steve Buscemi, Nick Cannon, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Jon Heder, Kevin James, Jason Lee, Catherine OHara, Kathleen Turner, and Fred Willard. Executive produced by Robert Zemeckis and Steven Spielberg, this is the first time since Back to the Future Part III that they have worked together and it is also the first time that Zemeckis and Spielberg both served as executive producers of a film. The films characters are animated primarily utilizing performance capture, making it the film to use the technology so extensively. Monster House received generally positive reviews critics and grossed over $140 million worldwide. The film was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature at the 79th Academy Awards, Dustin J. DJ Walters spies on his elderly neighbor Mr. Horace Nebbercracker, who confiscates any item landing in his yard. DJs parents leave town for a dentist convention, leaving him in the care of Elizabeth Zee, DJs best friend Charles Chowder accidentally loses his basketball on Nebbercrackers lawn. DJ tries to recover it, but Nebbercracker rages at him, but suffers a heart attack and that night, DJ receives mysterious phone calls from the house with no one on the other end. Eavesdropping on Zees boyfriend Bones, DJ hears him tell Zee about losing his kite on Nebbercrackers lawn when he was younger, later, Bones sees his kite in the doorway of Mr. Nebbercrackers house, but he is consumed by the house while retrieving it. Later, DJ meets Chowder at a site and recruits him to investigate Nebbercrackers house. Once arriving, Chowder rings the doorbell, only to discover that the house is in fact alive, the next morning, a girl named Jenny Bennett is selling Halloween candy. DJ and Chowder see her going to the house and rush out to catch her before she is eaten, Jenny calls the police but they do not believe their story. The trio seek advice from Reginald Skull Skulinski, supposedly an expert on the supernatural and they learn that the house is a rare monster created when a human soul merges with a man-made structure and that it can only be killed by destroying its heart. They predict that the heart must be the furnace, as the chimney has been smoking ever since Nebbercracker was taken to the hospital, Chowder provides a cold medicine-filled dummy that should cause the house to sleep long enough for them to douse the furnace. However Police Officers Landers and Lester saw them and they thwart their plan, as Landers and Lester were about to leave with the kids they hear the houses sounds. When the officers go to examine the house, it eats them, when the house falls asleep, the kids begin exploring. The house realizes they are inside and attacks them, DJ, Chowder and Jenny force the house to vomit them outside by grabbing its chandelier uvula. Nebbercracker arrives home alive, revealing that Constances spirit is within the house, as a young man, he met Constance at a circus freak show, and fell in love with her despite her obesity. After he helped her escape, they began building the house, Nebbercracker had finished the house, knowing it was what she would have wanted but was aware that Constances spirit made the house come alive
2. The Tale of Despereaux (film) – The Tale of Despereaux is a 2008 British-American computer-animated adventure fantasy family film directed by Sam Fell and Robert Stevenhagen and produced by Gary Ross and Allison Thomas. Macy, Emma Watson and Tracey Ullman and it was released on December 19,2008 by Universal Pictures. The movie is the second theatrically released computer-animated film distributed by Universal Studios and it was also produced by Universal Animation Studios, Framestore Feature Animation and Relativity Media. The film grossed $86,947,965 on a $60 million budget, sailor Pietro and his rat companion Roscuro dock in the kingdom of Dor, famous around the world for its delicious soups, during the Royal Soup Day. The chief cook, Andre, makes good soup due to Boldo, enchanted by the smell of the delicious soup, Roscuro slips away and ends up in the royal banquet hall, on a chandelier above the royal familys table. He slips and falls into the Queens soup, giving her such a fright that she has a heart attack, the entire hall goes into a panic, as the guards pursue Roscuro. He attempts to flee the castle, but sees Pietros ship has sailed away. It leads to the dungeons, where hes found and taken in by Botticelli. Distraught over his wifes death, the king forbids any and all things soup related, without its soup, Dor becomes impoverished and dreary. Andre is banned from making any more soup and Boldo stops appearing, the kings daughter, Princess Pea, despairs over the sad state of the kingdom and how her father has shut the entire world out, even her, in his grief. In a mouse village in the castles abandoned kitchen storage room, as he grows up, it becomes obvious Despereauxs not like other mice, he isnt meek and timid, but brave and curious, unnerving his family, friends, and school teachers. He becomes fascinated by books about daring knights and trapped princesses. One day while reading, he comes across Princess Pea and the two speak and she makes him promise to finish reading the story about the princess so he may tell her how it ends. Upon discovering Despereaux has violated law by talking to a human. The council banishes Despereaux to the dungeons, there he is captured by the rats and thrown into their arena with a cat. As hes about to be eaten, Roscuro saves his life by requesting Botticelli give Despereaux to him to eat, having been unable to adjust to being a sewer rat, Roscuro is desperate to hear about the outside world. The two become friends, as every day Despereaux tells him the stories and of the princess, hoping to make amends for all the trouble hes caused, Roscuro sneaks up to Princess Peas room and tries to apologize, but shes frightened by him and lashes out. Hurt by this, Roscuro decides he wants Pea to hurt just as much as he does, after Mig drags Pea down to the dungeons, Roscuro double-crosses her and locks her in a cell
3. Free Birds – Free Birds is a 2013 American 3D computer-animated buddy comedy film about two turkeys traveling back in time to prevent Thanksgiving. It was produced by Reel FX Creative Studios as its first animated feature film, jimmy Hayward directed the film, which he also co-wrote with Scott Mosier, the films producer. The film stars the voices of Owen Wilson, Woody Harrelson and Amy Poehler, with supporting roles done by George Takei, Colm Meaney, Keith David, originally titled Turkeys, and scheduled for 2014, the film was released on November 1,2013, by Relativity Media. The film received reviews from critics and earned $110 million on a $55 million budget. When the other turkeys finally realize what is going on, they throw Reggie outside in an attempt to save themselves, in a surprise twist of fate, he winds up being named the pardoned turkey by the President of the United States and is subsequently taken to Camp David. Although initially hesitant, Reggie soon eases into a routine of doing nothing but enjoying pizza delivered to him by the Pizza Dude and they then infiltrate the base where a time machine is located. Despite interference by federal officials and an attempt by Reggie to trick him back to the surface, Jake instructs S. T. E. V. E. to time-travel back to the same day in 1621, three days before the first Thanksgiving. Once there, they are ambushed by colonial hunters led by Myles Standish, Broadbeak explains that the turkeys in the area have been forced underground since the settlers came and that they cannot risk fighting back without the settlers taking them. The next day, Broadbeak orders Jake with Ranger to spy on the settlers, despite initial hostility, Ranger and Jake find out that the settlers have already begun preparations for Thanksgiving and where they keep their weapons. Meanwhile, Jenny believes in Reggie for lying about being from the future and is impressed with his unorthodox way of springing the traps. However, they are intercepted by Standish and Reggie is forced to get her in orbit over the planet aboard S. T. E. V. E. Validating everything he said in the process, Reggie asks Jenny to go back to the future with him once everything blows over, but she refuses to leave the flock no matter how much she likes him. Jake then drags Reggie away and tells him he has a plan to attack the settlers, however, Reggie has gotten sick of all his improbable stories and threatens to leave. While still reluctant to believe what he said, Reggie still goes along with the plan and they manage to use gunpowder to destroy the weapons shack, but Jake inadvertently leaves a gunpowder trail back to the tree the turkeys are hiding under. Standish and his men flush the turkeys out from underground, capturing enough for the feast, Broadbeak sacrifices his life to get the remaining turkeys into the tide pool. Afterward, Reggie returns home, where he discovers from S. T. E. V. E. that he is the Great Turkey, Jenny is sworn in as the new chief and orders the remaining turkeys to prepare an attack on the settlers. Jenny, Jake and Ranger lead the turkeys in an attack on the settlement just as Chief Massasoit, inspired, Reggie goes back in time to stop the attack, inadvertently trapping Standish in the time stream. Through S. T. E. V. E. and the Pizza Dude, Reggie convinces the settlers, Reggie stays with Jenny while Jake takes S. T. E. V. E. in order to look for new adventures
4. Relativity Media – Relativity Media LLC is an American media company headquartered in Beverly Hills, California, founded in 2004 by Lynwood Spinks and Ryan Kavanaugh. The studio was the third largest mini-major globally until bankruptcy on July 30,2015 and its full-scale film studio acquires, develops, produces and distributes films. The companys partners and financial institutions have invested $20 billion as of 2012 in entertainment investments with partners such as Citibank, Merrill Lynch, Deutsche Bank, Relativity Media also works in fashion, sports, digital and music. On July 30,2015, the company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York after lawsuits, in March 2016, the company emerged from the bankruptcy. The studio was founded by Ryan Kavanaugh and Lynwood Spinks in 2004 as a middleman company arranging multi-film slate deals with studios then arranging financial support through banks, Relativity Media would receive film equity, producers credit and a fee. Initially, Stark Investments, a Wisconsin-based hedge fund, funded the companys single-picture business, by 2007, these investors stopped making movie-finance deals. Elliott Management, a $16 billion New York–based hedge fund run by Paul Singer, then took a minority share of the company access to around $1 billion in capital. On January 4,2009, the acquired the genre label Rogue from Universal. Relativity oversaw Rogues 2009 film offerings, which consisted of Last House On The Left, The Unborn, Come Out Fighting, the deal also included the Rogue film library, featuring such films as Assault On Precinct 13 and The Strangers. One of the first arrangements was that the movie 21 and Over was partially filmed in Dongshigu, on May 18,2012, it was reported that Relativity was in talks to buy German producer-distributor Senator Entertainment. On July 6,2010, Relativity and Netflix announced a five-year-plus Pay-TV deal, the first two films to stream on Netflix were The Fighter and Skyline. On July 23,2010, Relativity acquired the 45-person marketing and distribution staff of Starz Overture Films, the studio distributed its first film on December 3,2010. The Warriors Way was directed by Sngmoo Lee and starring Jang Dong-gun, Geoffrey Rush, on May 20,2012, it was reported that Relativity and EuropaCorp signed a co-production and co-financing deal on two movies and Relativity will distribute in U. S. Relativity also has deals with Atlas Entertainment and Virgin Produced. In September 2011, Robbie Brenner was promoted from Executive Vice President, Production to President, on November 27,2011 it was reported Ron Burkle loaned $200 million to Relativity for Immortals and Mirror Mirror. On January 23,2012, Burkle purchased an equity stake in Relativity Media from Elliot Capital Management for at least $800 million. On May 31,2012 Relativity and Ron Burkle announced they raised $350 million in funding for films, Ron Burkle will also join the board of Relativity, along with Jason Colodne and Jason Beckman who are partners at Colbeck Capital. In July 2012, Relativity merged its Rogue Sports, an agency with Maximum Sports Management, a football agency