Category:Season of Mist artists
Pages in category "Season of Mist artists"
The following 123 pages are in this category, out of 123 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 123 pages are in this category, out of 123 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. France – France, officially the French Republic, is a country with territory in western Europe and several overseas regions and territories. The European, or metropolitan, area of France extends from the Mediterranean Sea to the English Channel and the North Sea, Overseas France include French Guiana on the South American continent and several island territories in the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian oceans. France spans 643,801 square kilometres and had a population of almost 67 million people as of January 2017. It is a unitary republic with the capital in Paris. Other major urban centres include Marseille, Lyon, Lille, Nice, Toulouse, during the Iron Age, what is now metropolitan France was inhabited by the Gauls, a Celtic people. The area was annexed in 51 BC by Rome, which held Gaul until 486, France emerged as a major European power in the Late Middle Ages, with its victory in the Hundred Years War strengthening state-building and political centralisation. During the Renaissance, French culture flourished and a colonial empire was established. The 16th century was dominated by civil wars between Catholics and Protestants. France became Europes dominant cultural, political, and military power under Louis XIV, in the 19th century Napoleon took power and established the First French Empire, whose subsequent Napoleonic Wars shaped the course of continental Europe. Following the collapse of the Empire, France endured a succession of governments culminating with the establishment of the French Third Republic in 1870. Following liberation in 1944, a Fourth Republic was established and later dissolved in the course of the Algerian War, the Fifth Republic, led by Charles de Gaulle, was formed in 1958 and remains to this day. Algeria and nearly all the colonies became independent in the 1960s with minimal controversy and typically retained close economic. France has long been a centre of art, science. It hosts Europes fourth-largest number of cultural UNESCO World Heritage Sites and receives around 83 million foreign tourists annually, France is a developed country with the worlds sixth-largest economy by nominal GDP and ninth-largest by purchasing power parity. In terms of household wealth, it ranks fourth in the world. France performs well in international rankings of education, health care, life expectancy, France remains a great power in the world, being one of the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council with the power to veto and an official nuclear-weapon state. It is a member state of the European Union and the Eurozone. It is also a member of the Group of 7, North Atlantic Treaty Organization, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, the World Trade Organization, originally applied to the whole Frankish Empire, the name France comes from the Latin Francia, or country of the Franks
2. Heavy metal music – Heavy metal is a genre of rock music that developed in the late 1960s and early 1970s, largely in the United Kingdom and the United States. Heavy metal lyrics and performance styles are associated with aggression. The first heavy metal such as Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath. During the mid-1970s, Judas Priest helped spur the evolution by discarding much of its blues influence, Motörhead introduced a punk rock sensibility. Beginning in the late 1970s, bands in the new wave of British heavy metal such as Iron Maiden, before the end of the decade, heavy metal fans became known as metalheads or headbangers. During the 1980s, glam metal became popular with such as Mötley Crüe. Since the mid-1990s popular styles have further expanded the definition of the genre and these include groove metal and nu metal, the latter of which often incorporates elements of grunge and hip hop. Heavy metal is characterized by loud distorted guitars, emphatic rhythms, dense bass-and-drum sound. Metal subgenres variously emphasize, alter, or omit one or more of these attributes, the typical band lineup includes a drummer, a bassist, a rhythm guitarist, a lead guitarist, and a singer, who may or may not be an instrumentalist. Keyboard instruments are used to enhance the fullness of the sound. Deep Purples Jon Lord played an overdriven Hammond organ, in 1970, John Paul Jones used a Moog synthesizer on Led Zeppelin III, by the 1990s, in. almost every subgenre of heavy metal synthesizers were used. The electric guitar and the power that it projects through amplification has historically been the key element in heavy metal. The heavy metal guitar sound comes from a use of high volumes. Guitar solos are an element of the heavy metal code. That underscores the significance of the guitar to the genre, most heavy metal songs featur at least one guitar solo, which is a primary means through which the heavy metal performer expresses virtuosity. One exception is nu metal bands, which tend to omit guitar solos, with rhythm guitar parts, the heavy crunch sound in heavy metal. Palm muting the strings with the hand and using distortion. Palm muting creates a tighter, more sound and it emphasizes the low end
3. Season of Mist – Season of Mist is an independent record label and record distributor with subsidiaries in France and the United States. The record label was founded in 1996 by Michael S. Berberian in Marseille, from the start releasing black metal, pagan metal and death metal records, the label moved on to releasing albums of avant-garde metal, gothic metal and punk bands as well. The label has two offices, one in Marseille, France and one in Philadelphia, U. S, from the beginning, Season of Mist focused on releasing more extreme metal records by stylistically diverse bands like Oxiplegatz, Bethzaida and Kampfar. Since his graduation the label has become a job for Michael. In the year 2002 Season of Mist also started out as a distributor for the French territory, Season of Mists name originates from A Midsummer Nights Dream, the play by William Shakespeare. Bands signed on a deal with Season of Mist for exclusive release in North America
4. 1349 (band) – 1349 is a Norwegian black metal band from Oslo, Norway, formed in 1997. The bands name comes from the year the Black Death reached Norway,1349 formed in 1997 and comprises several former members of the band Alvheim. Drummer Frost is also a member of Satyricon, in recognition of 1349s influences, the band performed a cover of Mayhems Buried by Time and Dust on their debut album, Liberation. At 1349s live shows, the band has also covered Celtic Frost,1349 tours on a regular basis. The bands live shows begin with Frost and guitarist Archaon breathing fire. In 2006,1349 toured the US with Celtic Frost, Ravn also appeared on the Celtic Frost album Monotheist, performing guest vocals on the CD digipack bonus track, Temple of Depression. In 2007, during the French Hellfest festival,1349 was slated to play during the day, in September 2008,1349 toured with Carcass, Suffocation, Aborted and Rotten Sound on the Exhume to Consume Tour. A music video for Sculptor of Flesh was released following the release of Hellfire, the video, directed by Judd Tilyard, alternates between footage of the band performing the song in Norway and clips of surgery filmed in Australia. During late 2008,1349 recorded its album, Revelations of the Black Flame. The album was co-mixed by Tom Gabriel Fischer, and was released in Europe on 25 May 2009. Revelations of the Black Flame marked a change in direction for the band, as songs on the album were slower than previous releases, and there were also some dark ambient and industrial-tinged tracks. At the beginning of 2010 the band signed a contract with Indie Recordings for the release of its album in Europe. 1349 toured with Cannibal Corpse, Skeletonwitch, and Lecherous Nocturne on the Evisceration Plague Tour, the band also performed at the Wacken Open Air and Summer Breeze Open Air festivals in August 2010. 1349 released its album, Demonoir, on 26 April 2010. The album shows a return to 1349s earlier sound, before Revelations of the Black Flame, while continuing the low-fi production,1349 toured Canada and the United States with Tom Gabriel Fischers project Triptykon in October 2010. A deluxe box set of Demonoir was released in October 2011, the bands first live DVD, titled Hellvetia Fire – The Official 1349 Bootleg, was released on 24 October 2011 by Candlelight Records. It was filmed at Bikini Test La Chaux De Fonds in Switzerland in 2005, in October 2013, the band began recording their sixth studio album, called Massive Cauldron of Chaos. On 10 December, the announced that the record was finished
5. Abbath (band) – Abbath is a black metal band formed in 2015 by former Immortal guitarist and vocalist Abbath Doom Occulta after departing from Immortal earlier in 2015. The band released their first album, Abbath, on January 22,2016, in April 2015, Metalhammer announced that Abbath Doom Occulta had recruited members to the band, specifically King Ov Hell from God Seed and drummer Creature to participate in the band. They also recruited Vredehammer guitarist and vocalist Per Valla to tour with the band as lead guitarist, the band is set to enter a recording studio later this year to work on a new 2016 album. During their Debut performance at Tuska Open Air 2015, they played a song titled Fenrir Hunts that will be featured on their upcoming 2016 album. Their debut self-titled album Abbath was released January 22,2016 on Season of Mist, on December 12,2015, it was announced that drummer Creature left the band. Several days later on December 15, live member Per Valla left the band, timeline Studio albums Abbath The Official Abbath Website
6. Aborym – Aborym are an Italian industrial black metal band from Taranto, Apulia, formed in 1993. The name of the band derives from Haborym Sadek Aym, overseer of the legions of Hell in a seventeenth-century grimoire. Aborym were originally formed in 1991 or 1992 by bass player and vocalist Malfeitor Fabban, at the beginning the three piece line-up performed covers of bands like Sodom, Celtic Frost, Mayhem, Sepultura, Sarcófago, Morbid, Rotting Christ and Darkthrone. Along with Alex Noia and Mental Siege, Fabban recorded the first Aborym demo, the band split up shortly afterwards and were reformed by Fabban in Rome in 1997. With the new members Yorga SM and Sethlans, the demo was recorded that same year. The band struck a deal with the Italian Scarlet Records for two albums and their first full-length album, Kali Yuga Bizarre, was released in March 1999. The album featured guest vocals from Attila Csihar, well known in the metal scene for his work with Mayhem, Tormentor. During the recording session, the added a second guitarist, Nysrok Infernalien Sathanas. Csihar joined the band full-time after the recording, replacing Yorga SM, the album was well-received, with the caveat that was to become their trademark, one has to be open-minded when listening to it. Metalion of Slayer Magazine commented about the album, Well, most of the Black Metal releases today dont rise anyones attention, and this time we have come up with a winner. This is what Black Metal should be all about, in 2001, Aborym released their second album Fire Walk with Us, with Csihar fulfilling vocal duties and the band including a cover of Norwegian group Burzums Det som en gang var. The album was well received. The album also made Terrorizers Albums of the Year for 2001, Eduardo Rivadavia of Allmusic highlighted the potentially divisive nature of the record, stating, Is it any good. Well, it comes down to how the listener positions himself along the digital divide. Those who prefer their Metal stripped down and straightforward will likely find Aborym too Industrial, yet for fans of truly unique new directions in Metal, Fire Walk With Us is a full-course meal. Again, Metalion, of Slayer Magazine, said, Aborym brought a new level of unexpected disturbance to Black Metal,2003 saw Aborym release With No Human Intervention through Code666 in Europe and Mercenary Musik/WEA/Arista in the United States. The album continued to expand on the experimentation with Electronica, with Aborym citing influences from drum and bass, jungle, techno, classical, EBM. The album featured guest appearances from Bård Eithun, Roger Rasmussen Nattefrost, Matt Jarman, Mick Kenney, Aborym have made Black Metal more than just relevant, they have given the genre a visceral vividness