Category:Season of Mist artists
Pages in category "Season of Mist artists"
The following 123 pages are in this category, out of 123 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 123 pages are in this category, out of 123 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. France – France, officially the French Republic, is a country with territory in western Europe and several overseas regions and territories. The European, or metropolitan, area of France extends from the Mediterranean Sea to the English Channel and the North Sea, Overseas France include French Guiana on the South American continent and several island territories in the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian oceans. France spans 643,801 square kilometres and had a population of almost 67 million people as of January 2017. It is a unitary republic with the capital in Paris. Other major urban centres include Marseille, Lyon, Lille, Nice, Toulouse, during the Iron Age, what is now metropolitan France was inhabited by the Gauls, a Celtic people. The area was annexed in 51 BC by Rome, which held Gaul until 486, France emerged as a major European power in the Late Middle Ages, with its victory in the Hundred Years War strengthening state-building and political centralisation. During the Renaissance, French culture flourished and a colonial empire was established. The 16th century was dominated by civil wars between Catholics and Protestants. France became Europes dominant cultural, political, and military power under Louis XIV, in the 19th century Napoleon took power and established the First French Empire, whose subsequent Napoleonic Wars shaped the course of continental Europe. Following the collapse of the Empire, France endured a succession of governments culminating with the establishment of the French Third Republic in 1870. Following liberation in 1944, a Fourth Republic was established and later dissolved in the course of the Algerian War, the Fifth Republic, led by Charles de Gaulle, was formed in 1958 and remains to this day. Algeria and nearly all the colonies became independent in the 1960s with minimal controversy and typically retained close economic. France has long been a centre of art, science. It hosts Europes fourth-largest number of cultural UNESCO World Heritage Sites and receives around 83 million foreign tourists annually, France is a developed country with the worlds sixth-largest economy by nominal GDP and ninth-largest by purchasing power parity. In terms of household wealth, it ranks fourth in the world. France performs well in international rankings of education, health care, life expectancy, France remains a great power in the world, being one of the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council with the power to veto and an official nuclear-weapon state. It is a member state of the European Union and the Eurozone. It is also a member of the Group of 7, North Atlantic Treaty Organization, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, the World Trade Organization, originally applied to the whole Frankish Empire, the name France comes from the Latin Francia, or country of the Franks
2. Heavy metal music – Heavy metal is a genre of rock music that developed in the late 1960s and early 1970s, largely in the United Kingdom and the United States. Heavy metal lyrics and performance styles are associated with aggression. The first heavy metal such as Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath. During the mid-1970s, Judas Priest helped spur the evolution by discarding much of its blues influence, Motörhead introduced a punk rock sensibility. Beginning in the late 1970s, bands in the new wave of British heavy metal such as Iron Maiden, before the end of the decade, heavy metal fans became known as metalheads or headbangers. During the 1980s, glam metal became popular with such as Mötley Crüe. Since the mid-1990s popular styles have further expanded the definition of the genre and these include groove metal and nu metal, the latter of which often incorporates elements of grunge and hip hop. Heavy metal is characterized by loud distorted guitars, emphatic rhythms, dense bass-and-drum sound. Metal subgenres variously emphasize, alter, or omit one or more of these attributes, the typical band lineup includes a drummer, a bassist, a rhythm guitarist, a lead guitarist, and a singer, who may or may not be an instrumentalist. Keyboard instruments are used to enhance the fullness of the sound. Deep Purples Jon Lord played an overdriven Hammond organ, in 1970, John Paul Jones used a Moog synthesizer on Led Zeppelin III, by the 1990s, in. almost every subgenre of heavy metal synthesizers were used. The electric guitar and the power that it projects through amplification has historically been the key element in heavy metal. The heavy metal guitar sound comes from a use of high volumes. Guitar solos are an element of the heavy metal code. That underscores the significance of the guitar to the genre, most heavy metal songs featur at least one guitar solo, which is a primary means through which the heavy metal performer expresses virtuosity. One exception is nu metal bands, which tend to omit guitar solos, with rhythm guitar parts, the heavy crunch sound in heavy metal. Palm muting the strings with the hand and using distortion. Palm muting creates a tighter, more sound and it emphasizes the low end
3. Arcturus (band) – Arcturus is a Norwegian heavy metal band formed in 1991. Their name, which means Bear Guardian, references the Behenian fixed star Arcturus, the band has released five official full-length albums. The original line-up was changed when bassist/vocalist Marius Vold was taken out of the band, in 1994, Samoth played guitars on the EP Constellation and released it on his record label, Nocturnal Art. After three full-length albums, Rygg left the band and he was replaced by Øyvind Hægeland from the band Spiral Architect. Øyvind performed live with the band, but did not appear on any recordings, on January 5,2005, the band announced that Øyvind had moved too far away for his continued involvement to be practical and they had parted ways. He was replaced by Simen ICS Vortex Hestnæs, who had performed vocals on three Arcturus tracks on La Masquerade Infernale. Upon Carl August Tidemanns leaving the band, Knut Magne Valle joined, in 2003, Tore Moren joined on second guitar for live performances and eventually found himself accepted as an official member of the band. Knut and Tore then shared lead duties on guitar, with Knut on 7-string guitar, on April 16,2007, it was announced that the band would be breaking up, and more details were revealed in an official statement released on the bands website on April 17. The statement closed with a tribute to the fans of the band, We are humble, there were rumours circulating the internet that Arcturus may reform with Garm as the vocalist. Hellhammer confirmed that an Arcturus reunion was inevitable, and that Garm had shown interest in participating, Garm later indicated he was not interested on his personal Facebook page. Furthermore, ICS Vortex mentioned that he had plans to resurrect a band or three in a blog he posted shortly after being removed from Dimmu Borgir. Vortex also stated on his Myspace page that he was told by an alien that regarding an Arcturus reunion,2011 is a lucky number, ICS Vortex confirmed an Arcturus reunion show at ProgPower USA2011 Festival. In addition, Vortex also said Beloved freaks, ProgPower USA2011 will host the first Arcturus concert in 5 years. This is our first performance in the United States, and since were all retarded, the show was later cancelled due to hibernation sickness and outdated parts. Arcturus was supposed to play its first reunion show at Avant-Garde Night vol.2 in Poland and they played a show September 9,2011 at the KICK Nattklubb & Scene in Kristiansand, Norway. In an interview published by Lords of Metal webzine, ICS Vortex says Arcturus are working on a new album, on April 11,2014, Arcturus confirmed themselves to be recording vocals for their new album in a post on Facebook. On October 10,2014, Arcturus confirmed on Facebook that ICS Vortex finished recording vocals for the album, on November 25,2014, it was confirmed Arcturus would perform live at the 2015 edition of Maryland Deathfest, Baltimore, USA. The label commented, ″Arcturus are legend
4. Benighted – Benighted is a French deathgrind band formed in Saint-Étienne in 1998. The group comprises vocalist Julien Truchan, guitarists Emmanuel Dalle and Fabien Fack Desgardins, bassist Pierre Arnoux and drummer Romain Goulon, Benighted have released seven studio albums. Benighted was formed in Saint-Étienne, Rhône-Alpes, France, in May 1998 by vocalist Julien Truchan, guitarists Liem NGuyen and Olivier Gabriel, drummer Fred Fayolle and their self-titled first album was self-released in 2000 and was a combination of death metal, black metal and grindcore. The following positive response earned the band a deal with Adipocère Records in early 2001. During the 2001 recording sessions, Benighted moved towards a technical form of death metal and released their second album, Psychose. For the subsequent touring, Remy Aubrespin took over on bass, the band entered studio in late 2004, without a bassist. After the 2004 release of Insane Cephalic Production, bassist Eric Lombard joined as a new member, with Insane Cephalic Production the band also started working with producer Kristian Kohle Kohlmannslehner in his Kohlekeller Studio in Germany. Kohlmannslehner has produced all Benighted albums since then, Benighted subsequently toured throughout Europe with Morbid Angel, Deicide and Fear Factory among others. Benighted released their fourth album Identisick in 2006 and Fayolle was replaced by Kevin Kikou Foley on drums, the band signed a new deal with Osmose Productions in 2007 and released Icon in October that year. In late 2009, Benighted signed to Season of Mist and released Asylum Cave in 2011, Truchan contributed guest vocals to 2011 album Global Flatline by Aborted. A music video for the song Let The Blood Spill Between My Broken Teeth was released in February 2012, following a brief recording session, Benighted released their 6th full length studio album Necrobreed on February 24th,2017 via Season of Mist records. This record is also the first record to feature veteran death metal drummer Romain Goulon, Benighted is currently headlining their own tour Worship the Necrobreed
5. Carpathian Forest – Carpathian Forest is a Norwegian black metal band formed by Nattefrost and Nordavind in 1992. In late 1990, the band started under the name Enthrone by Nattefrost. Together they produced a demo tape, Black Winds, in 1991. In 1992, Enthrone changed its name to Carpathian Forest, and Lord Blackmangler, as a quartet they self-released three demo tapes, Rehearsal Outtake, Bloodlust and Perversion and Journey Through the Cold Moors of Svarttjern. However, Damnatus and Lord Blackmangler left afterwards, and Carpathian Forest became once more a duo, Carpathian Forest would release their first studio work in 1995, the extended play Through Chasm, Caves and Titan Woods, via Avantgarde Music. It would be their first of many releases via Avantgarde, in 1998 the band released their first full-length album, Black Shining Leather, once more via Avantgarde Music. It was their only release to feature Lazare on the bands line-up as a drummer, in the same year they also played their first concert at the Under the Black Sun Festival in Schönermark, Germany. Lazare left Carpathian Forest in 1999, the same year Anders Kobro, Tchort, in the following year, their second full-length, Strange Old Brew, was released. It was their most experimental album so far, by the end of the year they also released a single, Hes Turning Blue. In the following year the compilation album Were Going to Hell for This, Over a Decade of Perversions was released and it was their last album to be released by Avantgarde Music before they switched on to Season of Mist. Their fourth full-length, Defending the Throne of Evil, was released in 2003 by Season of Mist, contrasting with Carpathian Forests previous releases, it was their most melodic album so far, almost reminiscent of symphonic black metal. In late 2003 the band was joined by Gøran Blood Pervertor Bomann,2004 saw the release of a live DVD, Were Going to Hollywood for This, and a compilation album featuring rarities and reworked versions of old Carpathian Forest songs, Skjend hans lik. Carpathian Forests latest release was the 2006 studio album Fuck You All, caput tuum in ano est, that was a throwback to their early, blackened thrash metal-like sonority of their debut. In an early 2008 issue of Terrorizer, Tchort spoke about the possibility of a new album, and he is quoted as saying, I met with Nattefrost a few weeks ago and we decided to focus on a new album, but we havent even started writing it yet. The news that we had an album half-finished was based on the fact that we had left over from the last album. Since we record in different studios, this meant that I had the basics for music that Nattefrost never heard and he also divulged that kind of decided on a slightly new direction for the band, compared to Fuck You All, at least. The band frontlined the Inferno Festival in 2009, and confirmed rumors that a new album was in the works, the band entered on a relative hiatus after 2009, but from 2012 onwards they began to play on some festivals around Europe. The band was scheduled to play on the Maryland Deathfest on May 26,2013, the bands last-known concert was at Blastfest in Bergen, Norway on February 22,2014
6. Cynic (band) – Cynic is an American progressive metal band — incorporating experimental music, alternative, metal and jazz fusion elements — founded in Miami, Florida, and currently based in Los Angeles, California. Their first album, Focus, released on September 14,1993, is regarded as a landmark release of the progressive metal genre. Cynic disbanded in 1994, but reunited in 2006, and released their album on November 17,2008. Traced in Air was released through French label Season of Mist, followed up by an EP titled Re-Traced on May 18,2010 and their third studio album, Kindly Bent to Free Us, was released on February 14,2014. A recent concert October 3,2015 at Euroblast Festival featured guest drummer Matt Lynch, Cynic was formed by guitarist Paul Masvidal and drummer Sean Reinert in 1987. In 1988, the made their first recording, simply called the 88 Demo. After the demo, Paul Masvidal took over vocal duties, while continuing to play guitar, the band also added a second guitarist, Jason Gobel. Another demo followed in 1989, titled Reflections of a Dying World,1989 also brought the addition of bassist Tony Choy. In 1990, the group went to the studio to record their third demo, in 1991, Cynic signed with Roadrunner Records and recorded their fourth and final demo, known as Demo 1991. The recording of Cynics full-length debut album Focus did not begin immediately after the band signed a new contract with Roadrunner Records, Paul Masvidal and Sean Reinert had played on Deaths 1991 album Human and were obligated to take part in the supporting tour of Europe. During this tour, Death ran into financial trouble, which resulted in Masvidal. During this time, the band parted with bassist Tony Choy, Choy was replaced by Sean Malone. The band used this time as an opportunity to new material. Tony Teegarden was eventually brought in to do the aggressive vocals, Focus was released internationally September 14,1993. Cynic toured extensively worldwide throughout 1993-94, including the Dynamo Open Air Festival in May 1994, asked in a 2012 interview on Prog-Sphere. com about Focus material, Masvidal says, Sometimes you just burn out on material and we have toured Focus quite a bit. It does have a history and it obviously had an impact as an album, with another album under our belts we’ll have enough material to really give people a whole body of new material to focus on instead of the past. But I enjoy Focus and to me it does seem like a record that represented something for us that was really honest, and I think it was a solid album, so it’s cool that it got some recognition. Musical and personal differences halted work on a studio album, as the group disbanded
7. The Dillinger Escape Plan – The Dillinger Escape Plan is an American mathcore band from Morris Plains, New Jersey. The group originated in 1997 after the disbanding of the punk band Arcane. The bands current line-up consists of guitarists Ben Weinman, bassist Liam Wilson, vocalist Greg Puciato, drummer Billy Rymer and their band name is derived from bank robber John Dillinger. The Dillinger Escape Plan was founded in 1997 and emerged from a punk trio named Arcane. Arcane consisted of Ben Weinman, Dimitri Minakakis, and Chris Pennie, previous to Arcane, Adam Doll, Craig McKeown, John Fulton, and Chris Pennie played together in the bands Samsara and Malfactor from 1992–1997. Now or Never Records offered to release the demo, the six-track EP was released in 1997 by Now or Never Records, and set them off on a small club tour around northeast America. Shortly before their first tour under the new name, guitarist Derek Brantley left the group and was replaced by John Fulton, during this time period, The Dillinger Escape Plan gained notoriety in the hardcore punk scene for the intensity of their performances. Their performances were increasingly wild, and often violent and these elaborate performances, as well as the creative, technical approach of their music led a record executive of Relapse Records to offer the band a multi-record contract. The band agreed to the contract, and recorded their second EP with Relapse entitled Under the Running Board, shortly after its release, Fulton left the band over creative differences. The three-song EP release served to bolster anticipation for their 1999 full-length release, before the recording of Calculating Infinity, bassist Adam Doll was involved in a car accident that left him paralyzed from the chest down. The accident was a minor fender bender, but because Doll had leaned over to pick up a CD beneath the stereo, guitarist Weinman played both guitar and bass on the album, though liner notes credited Doll as providing a great deal of help. Shortly before touring began for the new album, former Jesuit guitarist Brian Benoit auditioned for the band, taking the place of the departed John Fulton, Jeff Wood, bassist, took the place of the injured Adam Doll. Calculating Infinity was met with critical acclaim, faith No More vocalist Mike Patton, a friend of the band and one of the first people to hear the album, asked the Dillinger Escape Plan to tour with his band Mr. Bungle. Over time, their intense shows grew more so, incorporating samples, a light show, fireworks, fire breathing. After several months of touring, including appearances on the Warped Tour and March Metal Meltdown, in 2000, Now or Never Records re-released the bands self-titled album with added bonus tracks. Later that same year, the band parted ways with Minakakis, Minakakis credited his departure from the band to the rigorous touring schedule. The band remains in contact with him and they received many submissions, including one with rapping and one with death growls. While the search was underway, vocal duties were handled by a number of the friends, including Sean Ingram of Coalesce and Mike Patton
8. Ghost Brigade (band) – Ghost Brigade is a six-piece melodic doom metal band from Finland, formed in 2005. Ghost Brigade was formed in 2005 by the ex-members of the death metal band Sons Of Aeon, by the ex-members of the stoner metal Sunride. Then, they recorded songs they gathered up in a Demo they released on their own. They released it the 17th September 2007 via Season Of Mist and they also made a tour to promote the album during October and April 2007 with Insomnium in Finland only. The album was available in download on the website of Season Of Mist. The album was also re-released in 2012 in a vinyl edition. Two years after Guided By Fire, Ghost Brigade release their album, Isolation Songs in August 2009 via Season Of Mist. About this album, Wille Naukkarinen stated, We had a few different working titles for this record but Isolation Songs was the one that we collectively felt good about. I remember reading through the lyrics of this album just before we went to the studio in order to come up with an album title and the word isolation came to mind several times. The songs themselves arent directly about that at all but I think that having a feeling of being isolated has been an inspiration or a force to at least some of the content of these lyrics. And if you think about our songwriting process in general, Isolation Songs is probably the best possible title to characterize that as well. I, for example, have to be isolated from the outside world to write riffs, melodies and songs for Ghost Brigade. We cant go to our room and jam until we come up with something pretty cool. This band digs deeper than that, and besides, Isolation Songs sounds like its a title of a country album and that of course, is a big bonus. It was a lot of work to get this album done, I have a strong feeling we have created something very special with Isolation Songs and it is by far my personal favorite of all recordings Ive ever been a part of. I hope people enjoy these songs as much as we do once they get the chance to hear them. Fredrik Nordin of the rock band Dozer did guest backing vocals on a track for their debut album
9. The Gathering (band) – The Gathering is a Dutch alternative rock band, founded in 1989 by brothers Hans and René Rutten and vocalist Bart Smits in the small city of Oss, North Brabant. The Gathering earliest releases were categorized as atmospheric doom metal influences from death metal acts like Celtic Frost. In 1998 with the release of their 5th studio album, How to measure a planet, the group continue to expand upon the experimental nature of their music. In August 2007 Anneke van Giersbergen left the group to focus on her solo project Agua de Annique, on 12 March 2009, The Gathering announced that their replacement vocalist was Silje Wergeland. Their most recent album, Disclosure, was released on 12 September 2012, on 17 January 2014, the band announced on their Facebook page that they decided to take a break from recording and touring, and also that Marjolein Kooijman left the band. To celebrate the bands 25th anniversary, a show featuring most of current, founded by brothers Hans and René Rutten and vocalist Bart Smits, The Gathering formed in the city of Oss, North Brabant, Netherlands in 1989. Soon after they were joined by Hugo Prinsen Geerligs, Jelmer Wiersma, the Gatherings earliest recordings were categorized as atmospheric doom metal with influences from death metal acts like Celtic Frost and Hellhammer. In 1990 they recorded a tape entitled An Imaginary Symphony which met some positive reactions from the underground metal scene due to their unusual use of keyboards in metal-oriented music. A second demo, Moonlight Archer was recorded in April 1991, was picked up by music journalists. Both demos suffered from production, however they did help establish the bands name on the live circuit opening for bands such as Deadhead, Invocator, Samael, Morbid Angel. After signing with Foundation 2000, the released their debut album Always. In 1992 both Bart Smits and Marike Groot decided to leave the group due to differences, the other members wanted to change direction towards a lighter. Smits went on to form his own project, called Wish, in 1993 the group recruited two new vocalists, Niels Duffhues and female counterpart Martine van Loon. A second album, Almost a Dance, was recorded and released in 1993 by Foundation 2000, the album was met with much criticism aimed at Duffhues punk-ish tone being decidedly out of step with the music, and the album was largely written off as a result. The group collectively acknowledged their disappointments with Almost a Dance and decided to start writing new material, the Gathering released their third album Mandylion in 1995 through Century Media, proving to be their breakthrough and selling over 130,000 copies in Europe. Two singles were released from Mandylion, Adrenaline/Leaves and Strange Machines further helped raise the popularity in Europe. Tours of Belgium and Germany, as well as appearances at the Dynamo Open Air, 1997s Nighttime Birds was stylistically and musically a companion piece to Mandylion sold over 90,000 copies and saw the group tour throughout Europe. In 1998 the group acknowledged their growing influences and their need to experiment with a double-album How to Measure a Planet, produced by Attie Bauw, the album is a radical departure from the groups established sound, characteristically experimental alternative, trip rock
10. Anaal Nathrakh – Anaal Nathrakh are a British extreme metal band formed in 1998 in Birmingham. They fuse black metal, grindcore, death metal and industrial music and they are currently signed to Metal Blade Records. The bands name comes from Merlins Charm of Making in John Boormans 1981 film Excalibur, Anaal Nathrakh started off in 1998 as a raw black metal band. Two demos were released in 1999, Anaal Nathrakh and Total Fucking Necro, following this, the band were signed by indie record label Mordgrimm, who released the duos debut album, The Codex Necro, in 2001. In 2002, Anaal Nathrakhs first two demos were compiled into a disc entitled Total Fucking Necro. This was released by the UK underground metal label Rage Of Achilles, in 2003, Mordgrimm released the bands first EP, When Fire Rains Down from the Sky, Mankind Will Reap As It Has Sown. In 2004, Anaal Nathrakh released their second album, Domine Non Es Dignus. Domine Non Es Dignus showed a departure from the raw black metal roots. In 2006, the third album, Eschaton, was released. Eschatons music continued in the vein as Domine Non Es Dignus. This album featured guest appearances by Shane Embury of Napalm Death, the album Hell Is Empty and All the Devils Are Here was released through the bands new record label, FETO Records, in October 2007. In 2009, Anaal Nathrakh announced that signed to record label Candlelight Records for their upcoming release of In the Constellation of the Black Widow. Stated, Candlelight have shown a strong belief in Anaal Nathrakh, with their help we hope we can finally get the planet cracked in half, and Constellation will be faster, more insidious, more ominous, more musically dexterous and wilder than ever before. The album will feature a curve ball guest appearance from Zeitgeist Memento of Mexican extremists Repvblika, in the Constellation of the Black Widow was released in June 2009, and swiftly received many positive reviews from respected magazines and websites. It went on to be placed in numerous international best of 2009 lists, including About. com, Anaal Nathrakh released their sixth full-length album, Passion, in 2011 and their seventh, Vanitas, in 2012. The band finished recording for their eighth album, Desideratum. The release date was 28 October, and was the bands first since signing to Metal Blade Records in June of the same year, the bands ninth album, The Whole of the Law, was released on 28 October 2016. Anaal Nathrakh began as a purely studio-based project, the band never looked to take Anaal Nathrakh to the stage, however, following a successful BBC Radio 1 live session with John Peel, they sought to play live again, although only for special one-offs
11. Carach Angren – Carach Angren is a symphonic black metal band from the Netherlands, formed by two members of the now-defunct bands Inger Indolia and Vaultage. They have three members with previously frequent guest appearances for the violin parts. Their style is characterized by prominent use of orchestral arrangements, all of their studio albums are concept albums with lyrics based on ghost stories and folk lore, such as Flying Dutchman. The name means Iron Jaws in the Elvish language of Sindarin and it seemed to go well, so Vaultage stepped down and Carach Angren was ready for bigger steps. Their first EP was The Chase Vault Tragedy, which is an album about the Chase Vault Mystery that tells of coffins that mysteriously moved. Following this, they released a second EP, Ethereal Veiled Existence and it was then that Carach Angren recorded their first full-length album, Lammendam, which received positive international reviews. Their second album, Death Came Through a Phantom Ship, was released on February 26,2010 and they participated in the A Declaration of Hate European tour in support of the album, with extreme metal bands Dark Funeral, Zonaria and Nefarium. On 18 May 2012, their studio album, Where the Corpses Sink Forever, was released. On 8 October 2014, a new track from their new album was released - Theres No Place Like Home, on 17 February 2015, This Is No Fairytale was available for streaming on Metal Hammer. The album was released on February 23,2015
12. The Casualties – The Casualties are an American street punk band which was formed in New York City in 1990. It was formed by vocalist Jorge Herrera, Hank, Colin Wolf, Mark Yoshitomi, Herrera is the only remaining member of the original lineup, although the band has not had any changes in members since 1998. The Casualties were formed in 1990, with original members Jorge Herrera, Hank, Colin Wolf, Mark Yoshitomi and Yureesh Hooker. The members aimed to return to what they viewed as the era of street punk. During the early years, the lineup was fluid, with several changes and that first year, Colin stepped out for several months to finish his education while Rachel, TheRivits singer, took his place. In early 1991 Hank left the band, to be replaced by Fred on guitar to record Political Sin in March 1991 for the Benefit for Beer compilation, soon more changes were in the works, with new guitarist Fred heading off to school. C Squats Scott temporarily filled Freds shoes until he returned a short time later, during this period, guitarist Hank filled in for a couple of shows, and Steve Distraught also played briefly with the group on second guitar. The Casualties stabilized long enough to record the first demo in the fall of 1991 and the 40 oz Casualty EP in the spring of 1992,1994 sees the recording of the 4 song EP, Drinking Is Our Way Of Life, however it would not be released. The songs would appear on the Casualties early years 1990-1995 CD in 1999. In 1995, the second release, the 4 track A Fuckin Way Of Life E. P. was released on Eyeball Records. After recording A Fuckin Way of Life, Shawn left the band, the line-up of Jorge, Jake, Mike and Meggers continued until 1997. In 1996 the Casualties became the first American band to appear at the Holidays in the Sun Festival in London. 1997 saw the release of the debut album, For the Punx is released on Tribal War Records. Mike left the band in 1998, to be replaced with Johnny Rosado and they released their second LP that year, Underground Army, and begin a world tour. Jon leaves the band during the European leg of the tour, after the world tour, Dave would be replaced by Rick Lopez from the band, Manix. The line-up was now solidified for the band, and would continue to the present day, the 2000s have seen the band to continue to tour and produce albums. They have toured with other bands, such as The Exploited, GBH, Cockney Rejects, Slaughter & the Dogs. In December 2009, The Casualties toured alongside Hatebreed, The Acacia Strain, Crowbar, later that year, The Casualties released their new album titled Resistance through Season of Mist