Category:Songs written by Andy Hurley
Pages in category "Songs written by Andy Hurley"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. Andy Hurley – Andrew Hurley is an American musician. He is the drummer for the rock band Fall Out Boy, prior to Fall Out Boy, Hurley played in several hardcore punk bands. He joined Fall Out Boy as the drummer in 2003 and was in the bands lineup until its hiatus in 2009. Hurley moved on to hardcore punk band Enabler which released a debut album, Fall Out Boy regrouped and announced a new album and tour on February 4,2013. The bands fifth album, Save Rock and Roll, was released April 16,2013. The bands sixth studio album American Beauty/American Psycho was released on January 16,2015, Hurley was born in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. He was brought up by his mother, who worked as a nurse, Hurley attended Menomonee Falls High School and played percussion in bands, though his first instrument was the saxophone. After high school, he attended University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee, double-majoring in anthropology and he identifies himself as an anarcho-primitivist, explaining that this means he believes that humans are supposed to live the way they lived prior to 10,000 years ago. When asked about this in the February 2007 issue of Alternative Press, he said that his career contradicted his beliefs, Hurley is straight edge and has been vegan since he was 16. Bands such as Metallica and Slayer inspired him to play the drums, Hurley currently owns a house in Portland, Oregon and was featured in an episode of MTV Cribs, when he lived in his Milwaukee home. He loves comic books and still owns his first drum set from C&C Custom Drums, Hurley played in heavy metal and hardcore punk bands including Racetraitor, Killtheslavemaster, Project Rocket, xFor Death or Gloryx, The Kill Pill, and Arma Angelus. Hurley had been friends with bassist Pete Wentz since he was 16, Fall Out Boy is the fourth band Hurley has been in with Wentz. With Fall Out Boy, Hurley has achieved commercial success. Hurley has a label, Fuck City, which has released music by Misery Signals, Peregrine. He has also played in the Milwaukee hardcore band Enabler and it released a full album entitled All Hail The Void in Summer 2012. Hurley is also part of rock bands. In late 2012, Hurley began playing drums in Milwaukee-based straight edge hardcore band and it was rumored that the return of Fall Out Boy would end his time with the band, but Hurley confirmed on Twitter on March 12 that I am in it for life. Fall Out Boy announced the end of their hiatus on February 4,2013, Hurley drummed on their album Save Rock and Roll and toured worldwide, including during the Monumentour
2. Alone Together (Fall Out Boy song) – Alone Together is a song by American rock band Fall Out Boy from their fifth studio album Save Rock and Roll. It was released to American mainstream radio as the third overall single. The official music video is part of the Young Blood Chronicles, Wentz escapes by seducing his way out. He then takes a hook off her hand to kill her while the others are tortured by their captors. During his escape attempt, he rescues rapper Big Sean, when Wentz passes Stump, he puts the hook on Stumps arm stump. Wentz is quickly recaptured shortly after, Stump is electrocuted, although he is implied to have become evil after his procedure. With Big Sean watching nearby, the four members are then brought to the van. The band has played the single on The Today Show on July 19,2013, on October 10,2013, Fall Out Boy performed Alone Together on American talk show The Ellen DeGeneres Show. They also played the song during the finale of the Australian reality singing competition The X Factor on October 28,2013, after their Save Rock. On November 19, Fall Out Boy was televised on Jimmy Kimmel Live. for the time that year and played Alone Together. Alone Together debuted on the Billboard Pop Songs chart in mid-October and cracked the U. S. Billboard Hot 100 week ending December 14,2013, after spending a few weeks on the Bubbling Under Hot 100. On April 10,2014, Alone Together was certified Gold by the RIAA and was upgraded to Platinum in November 2015 for 1 million units, lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
3. American Beauty/American Psycho (song) – American Beauty/American Psycho is a song by American rock band Fall Out Boy. It was released on December 15,2014, as the second UK radio single from their studio album. An accompanying music video was released and it was no.15 on the Billboard Hot Rock Songs chart. A remix of the song features vocals by ASAP Ferg which was included in the remixed album Make America Psycho Again, American Beauty/American Psycho was written by Fall Out Boy and produced by SebastiAn. Bassist Pete Wentz commented, Its a little bit wrong but its the thing for us to do. Once we got that song and a few others, it felt like the came together as a body of work. It samples Motley Crües song Too Fast for Love, the song is vocalist and guitarist Patrick Stumps favorite track from American Beauty/American Psycho, he stated, Its the right level of artistically interesting, but also just fun. Only in the UK, it was commissioned to radio as the second single. The songs accompanying video was released on the same day, featuring a ballerina. Filmed with a gritty, shaky cinematography, the ballerina represents the American Beauty but is really the American Psycho, in the beginning the boy tries to destroy a music box with a ballerina in it, but he is unable to break it. The ballerina dances for a while before a group of men appear, the ballerina gracefully takes down each man, hurting the boy who eventually starts spitting up blood. In the end the members of the come in to remove the bodies. Before the screen fades, another boy can be seen coming to the music box. The song debuted at No.147 on the UK Singles Chart, reached No.89 in its third chart week and it also debuted at No.15 on US Hot Rock Songs on the strength of digital downloads
4. Centuries (song) – Centuries is a song by American rock band Fall Out Boy, released September 9,2014 as the lead single from their sixth studio album, American Beauty/American Psycho. It was co-written by Fall Out Boy, with two producers, a gladiator-themed music video was created. The single reached No.10 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and was certified 4x Platinum by the RIAA and it reached first position on the UK Rock and Metal Chart. This is also the fourth top ten hit and first in eight years since This Aint a Scene. In 2015, Centuries was nominated for the Kerrang, Fall Out Boy has played the song numerous times on televised performances and was used as ESPNs official theme song for sports coverage. A remixed version of the song features vocals by Juicy J appeared on the remixed album Make America Psycho Again. Centuries was written by Pete Wentz, Patrick Stump, Joe Trohman, Andy Hurley, J. R. Rotem, Justin Tranter, Raja Kumari and Michael Fonseca in mid-2014 and was produced by Omega and Rotem. Stump originally came forward with the song while Fall Out Boy were on the Monumentour tour with fellow American band Paramore. Wentz described the idea of the song as a David vs. Goliath story, Centuries contains a sample of the song Toms Diner by Suzanne Vega re-recorded by American singer Lolo for the track. Stump described the sample as a tip of the hat to Toms Diner, days after the ending of co-headlining the Monumentour tour with Paramore, on September 4,2014, Fall Out Boy released a teaser video depicting the title of the song in Morse code. Centuries received its premiere on BBC Radio 1 on September 8,2014 before being released worldwide the next day. The song is featured as the track of Now. Centuries has received reviews from music critics. Vidette provided a review, stating Centuries displays a definite pop vibe. Fall Out Boy seems to have produced this song with greater musing in mind than their concept album, however, the reviewer criticized Stumps vocals as raw and overdone, causing the track to lose its charm. The official music video, which features the members in a gladiator-style battle. The giant is portrayed by Canadian actor Jon Ambrose, and the bands gladiator doubles were Simu Liu, Ben Devries, Sebastian Deery, Centuries was shot on-site at Fort Henry National Historic Site in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Prior to the release of an music video, Fall Out Boy released a video for Centuries filmed in Chicago featuring the use of the mobile app Hyperlapse on September 8,2014
5. Immortals (song) – Immortals is a song written and recorded by American rock band Fall Out Boy for the 2014 Walt Disney Animation Studios film Big Hero 6. An alternative version appears on the sixth studio album American Beauty/American Psycho. The End Credits single version was released by Walt Disney Records on October 14,2014, a 7 vinyl bundled with a poster was released on December 16,2014. As of February 82016, Immortals was certified Platinum by the RIAA for 1 million units sold. Disney asked the band to write and perform the song for the sequence in which the Big Hero 6 team is transformed from a group of super smart individuals to a band of high-tech heroes. We went over to Disney and met with the directors, bassist Pete Wentz recalled and they explained the story to us. It was insane how much it lined up with the way our band saw the world, Wentz later stated, Disney asked the band to come in and talk to the directors so we did that. And we discussed the scene and what our song would attempt to do, then we went home and wrote and sent it to them- it was a back and forth from there. It was interesting to be a part of because our song was just a part of a bigger thing. It was a cool experience. Vocalist Patrick Stump said that the title was inspired by the idea of this kid stepping up on behalf of his brother. Your victories arent exclusively yours, so the fact all of these people are coming together to help him get to the finish line is really exciting. Wentz further elaborated, Theyre testing out their new super suits for the first time in the scene, some of it works—some of it doesnt. You get the sense that theyre stepping into a bigger role, the storys in the DNA of Fall Out Boy. It is a story and its who our band is—weve always identified with the underdog. On December 15, when the bands upcoming American Beauty/American Psycho album was available for preorder. On January 12,2015, the six yet-unreleased songs from the album, the band quipped, according to Baymax this is his favorite song on the record. The album version and film versions slightly differ, on the version the percussion is all marching-band strident
6. Irresistible (Fall Out Boy song) – Irresistible is a song written and recorded by the American rock band Fall Out Boy from their sixth studio album, American Beauty/American Psycho. Initially released as the promotional single from the album on January 5,2015, it debuted at No.77 in the US. In February 2015, it was released as the bands third UK single, a remix version featuring Demi Lovato, was released on October 16,2015 and peaked at No.48 on the Billboard Hot 100. On October 30, another version, featuring vocals by Migos. The song is the first track on Fall Out Boys sixth studio album American Beauty/American Psycho, the song was written by Fall Out Boy and produced by Butch Walker and Jake Sinclair. Bassist Pete Wentz compared the mood of the song to a scene in the biopic Sid and Nancy. When I think of Irresistible, it brings this image to my head, whether its fictional or real, of Sid and Nancy in an alley, garbage raining down on them in an spiral of romance. Sometimes its hard not to love what can hurt us the most, the song was released as a promotional digital download online on January 5,2015,15 days before the albums official U. S. release on January 20. In mid-February it was released as a U. K. single, following Centuries, in the issue dated 27 October 2015, Irresistible re-entered the Billboard Hot 100 chart at No.98 following its release as a US single, with a remix featuring Demi Lovato. It has since reached No.48 given the single release, the song was used by WWE for their Extreme Rules PPV event and it is also featured in the promotional spots for the miniseries Heroes Reborn. As of February 25, Irresistible has sold over 500,000 copies in the U. S, Irresistible has received positive reviews from music critics, with many commenting on the anthemic nature of the song. MTV wrote positively of the song, calling it a frantic twist of desperation, confidence and sadism with a guitar, anthemic trombones. Idolator commented that the song was stadium-rocking and full of horn-and-synth glory, rolling Stone complimented the song as well, stating that it is an arena-pop anthem about deadly love. Spin described the song as a booming, brass-backed anthem, music Times called the song reminiscent of My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark. A music video was released on February 19,2015 to accompany the U. K. single release and it was directed by Scantron and Mel Soria. The struggling band is severely defeated in the match, there are several times when the members of the band almost score, and audience members cheer for them and display signs such as Not bad Joe and other similar slogans. Finally, the scores once in the end. The end of the video includes a clip of the short film Bedussey from Clandestine Industries Presents, Release the Bats, the music video references Patrick Stumps hand being chopped off in the video for The Phoenix