Category:Songs written by Damon Thomas (record producer)
Pages in category "Songs written by Damon Thomas (record producer)"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. Turn Up the Music (Chris Brown song) – Turn Up the Music is a song by American recording artist Chris Brown. It was written by Alexander Fuego Palmer, Brown, Damon Thomas, Harvey Mason, Jr. Michael Mike J Jimenez, Terence Coles and Agent X, while production was handled by Fuego and The Underdogs. Turn Up the Music was sent to hit radio playlists in the United States on February 7,2012. It was released for download on February 10,2012. Turn Up the Music is a song which draws from the genres of electronic dance. Instrumentation consists of pulsating beats, synthesizers, a throbbing bass, according to Mason, Jr. the songs inspiration came from visualizing Brown as an artist, how he dances and how he performs, and giving him something to match that energy. Critics also noted its similarities to the work of LMFAO and David Guetta, Turn Up the Music achieved commercial success worldwide, becoming Browns first number one single on the UK Singles Chart, and his eleventh top ten single on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart. With that, the song appeared on the 2012 compilation album Now Thats What I Call Music, the song also reached the top ten in Australia and New Zealand, and the top twenty in Canada, Hungary, Ireland and Slovakia. It was certified platinum by the Australian Recording Industry Association. The accompanying music video for Turn Up the Music was directed by Godfrey Taberez and Brown and it features Brown at a party filled with masked people, where he performs heavily choreographed dance routines. The video garnered positive reception from critics, for its series of sequences which were compared to Michael Jackson. It won Best Male Video and Best Choreography at the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards and he also included the song in his set list at Supafest Australia. The official remix of Turn Up the Music premiered online on February 20,2012, Turn Up the Music was written by Alexander Fuego Palmer, Chris Brown, Damon Thomas, Harvey Mason, Jr. Michael Mike J Jimenez, Terence Cole and Agent X. Production for the song was handled by Fuego and The Underdogs, the mixing engineering process was completed by John Hanes with assistance by Phil Seaford, while the audio mixing was completed by Serban Ghenea. Turn Up the Music was recorded at The Record Plant in Los Angeles, California and Mason Sound in North Hollywood, California by Andrew Hey, in an interview with MTV News, Mason, Jr. revealed that inspiration for the song came from visualizing Brown as an artist. He explained, The inspiration was really him as an artist, visualizing how he dances and how he performs, and giving him something to match that energy. The following day, both the single and its artwork were posted online, showing Brown wearing an unbuttoned shirt, Turn Up the Music was officially sent to contemporary hit radio playlists in the United States on February 7,2012. It was released as a digital download in Oceania and most European countries on February 10,2012
2. Fortune (Chris Brown album) – Fortune is the fifth studio album by American singer Chris Brown, released on June 29,2012. The album is Browns first release through RCA Records, following the disbandment of Jive Records in October 2011, the album also features several guest appearances, including Big Sean, Wiz Khalifa, Nas, Kevin McCall, Sevyn and Sabrina Antoinette. Originally scheduled for six months after the release of his fourth studio album F. A. M. E. Upon its release, Fortune received generally negative reviews from music critics. A. M. E. in 2011. The album also debuted at one in the Netherlands, New Zealand and United Kingdom. Preceding the albums release was the lead single Turn Up the Music, which reached number 10 on the US Billboard Hot 100, sweet Love and Till I Die were released as the albums second and third singles, respectively. Dont Wake Me Up was released as the single and reached the top ten in several countries. Dont Judge Me was released as the fifth and final single from Fortune, to promote the album, Brown made several award show and televised appearances across America. As of October 2013, Fortune has sold 465,000 copies domestically, in an interview with Rap-Up magazine on September 2,2011, Kevin McCall revealed that he had been collaborating heavily with Brown on the album. Later that month, producer David Banner told NeonLimeLight. com that the album will bring back to the clubs. He also revealed details of a song that he and Brown recorded for the album, saying, the song that me and Chris made, they are going to play it like they used to play Jodeci. Like they used to play Keith Sweat, the song that me and Chris made is so jamming. On January 7,2012, Brown revealed via his official Twitter account that there was two weeks left of recording sessions for the album, tweeting LAST TWO WEEKS of me finishing FORTUNE. Im excited for all the fans to hear my real music, the tweet was soon followed up by another, with the singer tweeting Dub step records on my album sounding crazy. However, the tweet was removed, suggesting that Brown gave away too much details about the album. In addition to recording, it was revealed later that month that Brown was in the working on the album with Asher Roth, Nas, Wiz Khalifa, will. i. am. On January 20,2012, Brown announced that Nas will appear as a guest vocalist on the album, vocally, he sounds amazing, hes really, really coming into his own as a singer. Producer Damon Thomas, the half of the duo, added The only way I can describe Chris
3. Sideline Ho – Sideline Ho is a song by American R&B recording artist Monica. It was written by Harvey Mason, Jr. Damon Thomas, Antonio Dixon, Eric Dawkins, Steve Russell and it was co-produced by The Underdogs and Tank, and released as the albums third single in the first quarter of 2007. The song opened at number 77 on Billboards Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart on airplay alone. While several sources reported that the singer and her team had started writing treatments for the Sideline Ho video by late February 2007, ideas for a video were eventually scrapped. Sideline Ho is one out of two songs on The Makings of Me Monica worked on with production team The Underdogs and singer-songwriter Tank at Doppler Studios in Atlanta, Georgia. The concept of the song came up while Monica was brainstorming ideas with several musicians and was inspired by an ex who cheated on her with a video model. During the process, she told Tank about a situation where an ex of hers blatantly, openly cheated - as if people didnt know who his girlfriend was, and just the sound of her name would make my flesh crawl. So he was like, Well what did you call her and she has no importance I always referred to her as the sideline ho, because she was too comfortable with her position. Sideline Ho garnered positive reviews music critics. In her album review for Vibe, Laura Checkoway ranked the song among the best on The Makings of Me along with Hell No, on July 25,2006, AOL Music was the first entertainment website to preview a full version of the song. By July 26,2006, the track had leaked onto the internet. Upon its release, the described the song as both her actual favorite on the album and one of her most personal records ever yet. After weeks of minor to moderate radio support the song reached number 45 on particular chart, only slightly surpassing the peak position of previous single. Credits adapted from the notes of The Makings of Me. Www. monica. com – official website Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
4. All the Way Home (Tamar Braxton song) – All the Way Home is a song by American R&B recording artist Tamar Braxton. It was released as the single on August 21,2013 from her second studio album Love. Written by Harvey Mason Jr. Damon Thomas, Michael Daley, Sevyn Streeter, Steven Lil Steve Russell, the music video premiered on 106 & Park and on Braxtons VEVO account on December 4,2013 with her husband Vincent Herbert featuring in the video. One peaked at number 19 on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay chart on February 8,2014, one also peaked at number 8 on Adult R&B Songs chart on February 15,2014
5. Baby It's You (JoJo song) – Baby Its You is a song by American recording artist JoJo, featuring American rapper Bow Wow. It reached number 22 on the Billboard Hot 100 and number eight on the UK Singles Chart, JoJo performed the song on All That in 2005. While the single version features Bow Wow, the original version, called album version. In 2005, actress Alyson Stoner recorded a cover of Baby Its You and it samples Sean Paul and Busta Rhymes Make It Clap Directed by Erik White the weekend of August 7,2004 on location at Six Flags Magic Mountain and Hurricane Harbor. Most of the shots were filmed in front of the Center Ring gaming area and other shots feature the ProSlide Tornado, Scream. It premiered on MTVs TRL September 7, peaked as high as four and lasted 23 days on the countdown. CD single Baby Its You –3,36 Leave –4,02 UK promo CD single Baby Its You –3,36 Baby Its You –3,11 Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
6. Believe (Justin Bieber album) – Believe is the third studio album by Canadian singer Justin Bieber, released on June 15,2012, by Island Records. As executive producers, mentor Usher and manager Scooter Braun enlisted collaborators including Darkchild, Hit-Boy, Diplo, upon its release, Believe received generally favorable reviews from music critics, who appreciated its progression from Biebers earlier works. Internationally, the record enjoyed similar success and it debuted atop the Canadian Albums Chart, where it eventually attained double-platinum recognition. The album additionally debuted at one on the UK Albums Chart. According to the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry, Believe was the sixth global best-selling album of 2012 with sales of three million copies, five singles were released from Believe, several of which became international successes. Its lead single Boyfriend peaked at two on the US Billboard Hot 100, and reached number one on the Canadian Hot 100. Follow-ups As Long as You Love Me and Beauty and a Beat performed moderately worldwide, right Here received little promotion, consequentially peaking in the lower end of the Billboard Hot 100, while the final single All Around the World performed moderately in most markets. The project was promoted through the Believe Tour in 2012 and 2013. The remix album Believe Acoustic was released in January 2013, on March 2,2012, Bieber appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show to announce that the first single from his upcoming album would be called Boyfriend, it was released on March 26,2012. The song was written by Bieber and Mike Posner, and produced by Posner, Bieber also invited his fans to participate in one of the creative decisions for the Boyfriend single. Two potential cover arts were published on Biebers website, and fans were encouraged to vote for which one they preferred, the cover with the most votes became the official cover for the single. Bieber announced via Twitter that the first single off his third studio album. On March 1,2012, Bieber appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show to announce that the first single from his album, Believe. The song was written by Bieber and Mike Posner, and produced by Posner, Boyfriend reached number two on the Billboard Hot 100. It also reached the top ten in countries worldwide. Top 40/Mainstream and Rhythmic radio on July 10,2012, Beauty and a Beat, is the third single off Believe. It was released on November 13,2012 and features vocals from rapper Nicki Minaj and it has so far peaked at 5 in the US. Right Here featuring Drake was released as the fourth U. S. single, Rhythmic radio on February 5,2013
7. Change Me (Ruben Studdard song) – Change Me is the first single from Ruben Studdards third album The Return. The song is produced by The Underdogs and written by Luke Boyd, Tank, Steve Russell, Damon Thomas, Harvey Mason, Jr. the song follows Ruben complaining about his girlfriend trying to change what hes become. The song peaked at number 94 on the Billboard Hot 100, the video shows Studdard dealing with his girlfriend trying to change him from his celebrity life. Scenes in the show her spending his credit card on a dining with her friends. A part of the song, What if I talked about your face in the morning, cause we know that you aint cute in the morning, matches the girlfriend waking up with a bad hair day. They both become distraught like him signing autographs around her, and blocks her face during a party, the ending has Ruben packing her belongings in her luggage case and shows her the door out. Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
8. Goodbye (Kristinia DeBarge song) – Goodbye is the first single released by the American recording artist Kristinia DeBarge from her first studio album Exposed. It was released digitally in the United States on April 7,2009, to US radio on April 28,2009, the song contains a sample of Steams Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye. An uptempop dance pop track, the lyrics of the deal with DeBarge getting over her ex-boyfriend. A music video was released to promote the song, which features DeBarge and her friends stealing her ex-boyfriends car and driving to various locations, throughout the video, DeBarge is seen flirting with several men in an attempt to get back at her ex-boyfriend. The song received mixed reviews, it was praised for being enjoyably trashy and a stomping smash. Despite the minimal chart performance of the single, it has become her biggest hit to date, Goodbye was one of the first songs that was recorded for the album. During an interview with TheStarScoop, DeBarge said of the first time she heard the song on the radio, I was screaming up, I was actually at home and listening to New York Radio Online. I had called all my friends, telling them to listen and it was really surreal for me. Every time I hear my song on the radio, I just take it in, Goodbye is generally considered a pop-dance track. J. -ENT described the song as an upbeat, addictive track utilizing the classic 1969 Steam track “Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye”, a wonderful debut single for Kristinia. People magazine praised the song and compared it to recent releases by Rihanna, stating First single Goodbye, reworking Steams 1969 hit Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye much like S. O. S. did Tainted Love. Nick Levine of Digital Spy said, Like a low calorie chocolate bar, Goodbye is sweet enough in the moment, glenn Gamboa of Newsday said that DeBarge comes across as a streetwise Jordin Sparks on the stomping smash. People called the song an undeniable dance-pop confection, time said that the song is so enjoyably trashy, its a wonder no one thought of it before. Goodbye received generally mixed reviews from critics, commonsensemedia praised the song, stating Its quite a feat to breathe new life into a song that has taken on such a life of its own. But DeBarge is able to make this song uniquely her own and this young singer appears to have inherited the family talent for mass-appeal music with an easygoing style. DigitalSpy said of the single, Honestly, you wait years for someone to sample the hook from Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye, and then everyone does it at once. It backs Wale and Lady GaGa on Chillin, Jay-Z uses it to shoo off pops most controversial vocal effect on D. O. A. and heres US newbie Kristinia DeBarge swallowing it whole on her debut single. Blame it on the over-familiarity of the sample, or maybe the fact that DeBarge nicks a trick from Rihannas SOS here, like a low calorie chocolate bar, Goodbye is sweet enough in the moment, but it doesnt have enough substance to leave you feeling really satisfied
9. Who Knew? – Who Knew. is the second studio album by American R&B recording artist Keke Wyatt. It was released on February 23,2010 by Shanachie Records, the album was preceded by the release of the title track Who Knew. as the lead single, which failed to chart commercially. The album contains material from her previously shelved albums Emotional Rollercoaster, the album charted #131 on the Billboard Hot 200, #35 on Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart and #30 on the Independent Albums chart. Soulinstereo gave the album a 4 star rating out of 5, for those of you who says radio wont accept traditional R&B songs with strong vocals, I offer Never Do It Again, where Keke apologizes to her man for her ghetto outburst. It wouldnt seem out of place on a playlist nestled between Alicia Keys and Melanie Fiona, Keke demonstrates her amazing range on Peace on Earth. Shes simply backed by a guitar, which gives her vocals ample opportunity to soar without studio gimmicks. Weakest is one of those throwback slow jams that balances intensity, Wyatt is clearly aware of this fact, as she has crafted an album that is designed to let everyone know that she is here to stay. Who Knew. is built around Wyatts gospel-reared, wonderfully versatile voice, who Knew. proves that Wyatt is a terrific singer. But that doesnt necessarily mean this is a terrific album, but it is good enough to make Keke Wyatt a singer to watch. The music video for Who Knew. was released January 4,2010 on YouTube, the title track Who Knew. was performed on Fox 5 Channel and Cafe Soul Live in St. Louis