Category:Songs written by Illangelo
Pages in category "Songs written by Illangelo"
The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total, this list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total, this list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. Illangelo – He released his debut concept album History of Man on August 20,2013 under his label Hear the Art Inc. Illangelo released a single titled What The Fuss on February 18,2014, earlier that month, he released a series of demos from the pre-House Of Balloons era on his Bandcamp page. On May 2,2014, Illangelo collaborated with the Sydney trio Movement on their self titled debut EP, additionally Like Lust and Ivory went on receive back to back Best New Track on Pitchfork. Illangelo released his single Clockwork, featuring vocalist Phlo Finister, on May 12,2014, shortly after he released a video with Los Angeles filmmaker Lance Drake that is as stunning and futuristic as the original composition. It has since gotten Staff Picked on Vimeo, in an interview with Earmilk on July 1,2014, Illangelo announced that he and Phlo Finister had created a band together called Youthquaker. The groups first release Projections, containing 3 songs, was released via a BitTorrent Bundle, the songs were downloaded over 900,000 times in the first week of release. Zambony – Producer, Engineer & Mixing 03, Night Flight – Producer, Engineer & Mixing 04. Born To Be – Producer, Engineer & Mixing 05, maybe – Producer, Engineer & Mixing 07. Ice Age – Producer, Engineer & Mixing 08, la Rude, Lord of the Flies – Producer, Engineer & Mixing 09. Gold Ribbons – Producer, Engineer & Mixing 11, Party & Bullshit – Producer, Engineer & Mixing 12. Gorgeous Flaws – Producer, Engineer & Mixing 01, high For This – Mixing Engineer 02. What You Need – Mixing Engineer 03, house of Balloons / Glass Table Girls – Producer & Engineer, Mixing 04. The Morning – Producer & Engineer, Mixing 05, wicked Games – Producer & Engineer, Mixing 06. The Party & The After Party – Engineer, Mixing 07, coming Down – Producer & Engineer, Mixing 08. Loft Music – Additional Instrumentation & Engineer, Mixing 09, the Knowing – Producer & Engineer, Mixing Trust Issues – Producer & Engineer, Mixing 01. Lonely Star – Producer & Engineer, Mixing 02, life of the Party – Producer & Engineer, Mixing 03. Thursday – Producer & Engineer, Mixing 04, the Zone – Producer & Engineer, Mixing 05. The Birds – Producer & Engineer, Mixing 06, the Birds – Producer & Engineer, Mixing 07
2. Acquainted – Acquainted is a song by Canadian singer The Weeknd recorded for his second studio album Beauty Behind the Madness. It was written and produced by him along with Jason DaHeala Quenneville, Danny Boy Styles Schofield, Carlos Illangelo Montagnese and it was set to impact contemporary hit radio on April 12,2016, though its release to those stations did not occur. A working version of Acquainted referred to as Girls Born in the 90s leaked in May 2015, the song is written in the key of G minor with a moderate tempo of 106 beats per minute in common time. The song alternates between the chords Gm and F, and the span from F3 to C6. The music video was directed by Nabil Elderkin. Production commenced on February 9,2016
3. Beauty Behind the Madness – Beauty Behind the Madness is the second studio album by Canadian singer The Weeknd. It was released on August 28,2015, by XO, the album was supported by five singles, Often, The Hills, Cant Feel My Face, In the Night and Acquainted. The Hills and Cant Feel My Face both reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100, Beauty Behind the Madness also includes the Academy Award-nominated song Earned It, which was released as a single from the soundtrack to Fifty Shades of Grey. According to the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry, it became the tenth best-selling album of 2015, to date, the album has sold over two million units in the United States. On September 10,2013, The Weeknd released his debut album Kiss Land and it was promoted by three singles, Kiss Land, Belong to the World, Live For featuring Drake, and The Weeknds The Fall tour beginning during September 2013. Kiss Land received generally positive reviews from critics, Kiss Land debuted at number two on the Billboard 200, selling 96,000 copies, just two thousand copies short of Keith Urbans Fuse, which took the number one spot on the week. In 2013, in an interview with MTV, following the release of his album, The Weeknd spoke of his compilation album Trilogy, as the first chapter of his life. On June 26,2014, The Weeknd announced that he would be headlining the King of the Fall tour, schoolboy Q and Jhené Aiko were confirmed as support acts. The announcement came on the day after The Weeknd released his new song Often on SoundCloud, on December 23,2014, Earned It was released as a single from the soundtrack of the film Fifty Shades of Grey. The song peaked at three on the Billboard Hot 100. On July 5,2015, Ed Sheeran revealed on Beats 1 that he had worked with The Weeknd on his forthcoming album, Sheeran also said that Kanye West would feature in this collaboration on the album. On July 9,2015, The Weeknd announced that his studio album would be titled Beauty Behind the Madness. The first single, Often was released on July 31,2014, the song peaked at number 59 on the Billboard Hot 100 and reached number 69 on the Canadian Hot 100. The albums second single, The Hills was released on May 27,2015, the song entered the Billboard Hot 100 at number 20 for the chart dated on June 13,2015, it was the weeks highest debut. On the following week, the single declined by one position, as of January 2016, The Hills has sold 2,662,000 copies in the US. The albums lead single, Cant Feel My Face was released on June 8,2015, the song debuted at number 24 on the Billboard Hot 100. It produced first-week digital sales of 93,000 units and garnered additionally 4.2 million US streams and 38 million airplay audiences. In its third week on the chart, the reached number six on the Billboard Hot 100, making it his third top 10 hit
4. Back to Life (song) – Back to Life is a song by American singer-songwriter Alicia Keys, released on September 1,2016, for the soundtrack of the sports drama film Queen of Katwe, directed by Mira Nair. The song was written by Alicia Keys, Illangelo, and Billy Walsh, production of the song was handled by Keys and Illangelo. In a review for the Queen of Katwe soundtrack, Alex Reif of LaughingPlace. com referred to the song as a beautiful ballad and he additionally stated that, despite its appeal, a few of the other songs on the album ended up overshadowing the song. Digital download Back to Life –4,52
5. Crew Love – Crew Love is a song by Canadian rapper Drake from his second studio album Take Care. The song features guest vocals from fellow Canadian singer The Weeknd, production was provided by The Weeknd, Noah 40 Shebib and Illangelo. Crew Love was released as the seventh single in the United Kingdom on July 30,2012. Jon Dolan of Rolling Stone described the track as avant-R&B lushness, Crew Love debuted at number 200 on the UK Singles Chart for the chart week of July 14,2012. It entered the top 100 of the two weeks later at number 64, later peaking at number 37. The track also became a top ten hit on the UK R&B Chart, despite the absence of a proper single release in the United States, Crew Love managed to chart on several Billboard singles charts owing to strong rhythmic and urban contemporary radio airplay. It peaked at nine on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart in June 2012. The song also peaked at number 14 on the Hot Rap Songs chart, lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
6. The Hills (song) – The Hills is a song by Canadian singer The Weeknd. It was released on May 27,2015 as the single from his second studio album. The Hills was a success, appearing on several year-end lists. In the singers native Canada, the peaked at number one. In the United States it also reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100, the song also made the top 10 in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Australia, and New Zealand. It reached the top 20 in Denmark and Sweden while reaching the top 40 in The Netherlands, Norway, a music video for the song was released on May 27,2015. It was directed by Grant Singer, two official remixes of the song features rappers Eminem and Nicki Minaj. The song is written in the key of C minor in common time with a tempo of 113 beats per minute, the vocals in the song span from C4 to E♭6. Producer Illangelo stated ”I’m very optimistic and positive with anything I put my energy towards, so for me, it’s the perfect marriage of that. The Hills received critical acclaim, with most reviewers praising The Weeknds return to form after his pop-oriented direction with Earned It. Brian Mansfield of USA Today noted that when a song takes its hook from a horror film — Wes Cravens 1977 cult classic The Hills Have Eyes — you know theres bound to be trouble and she goes on to trace the songs melodic and lyrical origins to the Ethiopian diaspora. She continues, writing that the familiarity of Tesfaye’s strained vibrato makes him the inheritor of musical legacies that Abyssinia has birthed for generations. Continuing, Phull goes on to say that When it comes to being a Don Juan with a dark side, rolling Stone ranked The Hills at number 11 on its year-end list to find the 50 best songs of 2015. The same magazine also included Earned It and Cant Feel My Face on the same list. Billboard ranked The Hills at number 10 on its year-end list for 2015, Number one hits arent supposed to be this sonically adventurous and dark, theres barely a pop hook to speak of here——just a beguiling, harrowing soundscape thats impossible to forget. Time named The Hills the fifth-best song of 2015, the Village Voice ranked The Hills at number 22 on their annual year-end critics poll, Cant Feel My Face was ranked at number three on the same poll. In the United States, The Hills entered the Billboard Hot 100 at number 20 for the chart dated June 13,2015, the following week, the single declined by one position but earned the largest gain in streams on the chart. The Hills spent six weeks at number one before being replaced by Adeles Hello on the issue dated of November 14,2015
7. Rodeo (Travis Scott album) – Rodeo is the debut studio album by American hip hop recording artist Travis Scott. It was released on September 4,2015, by Grand Hustle Records, the album was supported by two singles,3500 featuring Future and 2 Chainz, and Antidote. The latter became his single in the Billboard Hot 100. Rodeo received generally positive reviews critics and debuted at number three on the Billboard 200. It also debuted at one on Billboards Top Rap Albums. In October 2016, the album was certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of America, in the CR Fashion Book, Scott stated his life was like a circus or rodeo and he feels like he is trying to stay on a bucking animal. The carnival, the livestock, and the show are all parts of the event, I feel like thats how my life is. The carnival is like my imagination—its the drive behind my vision, even though I dont feel like Im at a point where my shit is at an all time high, were working to get there. We are working to get to the level of where your magazine is, the livestock show is the road to get to where Im going. At this point, Im riding a bull for just eight seconds, on August 18,2014, to promote the album, Scott released his second mixtape Days Before Rodeo. The mixtape features guest appearances from Young Thug, Rich Homie Quan, T. I. and it also includes the production handled by Scott himself, along with these high-profile record producers such as Metro Boomin, DJ Dahi, Southside and Lil C, among others. On January 26,2015, to support the album, Scott announced that he would embark on The Rodeo Tour with Young Thug and Metro Boomin. On January 27, the day, Scott released two new songs, High Fashion featuring Future, and Nothing But Net featuring Young Thug. Although neither of them ended up being on the version of the album. On June 12,2015, one song called Drunk featuring Young Thug, however, it was still included on the album as Maria Im Drunk with an additional verse by Justin Bieber. On June 8,2015, Scott released the lead single, titled 3500. It peaked at number 82 on the Billboard Hot 100, on July 29,2015, Scott released the albums second single, titled Antidote. On December 11,2015, the single was certified Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America and it peaked at number 16 on the Billboard Hot 100
8. Remember You – Remember You is a song by American rapper Wiz Khalifa, released as the second single from his fourth studio album, O. N. I. F. C. The track features Canadian singer The Weeknd and was produced by Dpat with Illangelo, the song samples Tell Me Do U Wanna by Ginuwine. It was released on September 24,2012, by Atlantics YouTube channel, after delaying the album, Wiz Khalifa announced the second single of it, which is Remember You. He revealed the cover on his Twitter account, and it was later released on Atlantics YouTube channel. In an interview with MTV News, Wiz Khalifa talked about the single stating it was an idea of The Weeknd. The official music video for the song was released on November 13,2012, the Weeknd does not appear in the video. Digital download Remember You –4,50
9. Twenty Eight (song) – Twenty Eight is a song by Canadian singer The Weeknd. It was recorded at Site Sound Studios and mixed at Liberty Studios in Toronto, producer Doc McKinney and Illangelo co-wrote the song and performed all instrumentation. The song was one of three tracks included at the end of each of the compilations discs from The Weeknds 2012 album Trilogy. The song was released as the single for the album, released as a digital single on December 10,2012, by XO. Credits adapted from liner notes for Trilogy, the Weeknd – composer, primary artist Doc McKinney – composer, instrumentation, producer Carlo Illangelo Montagnese – composer, instrumentation, mixing, producer
10. Wicked Games – Wicked Games is the debut single by Canadian singer The Weeknd. It was recorded at Site Sound Studios and mixed at Liberty Studios in Toronto, producers Doc McKinney and Illangelo co-wrote the song and performed all instrumentation. Originally recorded for The Weeknds 2011 mixtape House of Balloons, the song was remastered and released as the single for his 2012 album Trilogy. It was released as a single on October 22,2012, by XO. Upon release, the single received acclaim from music critics. On May 9,2013, Wicked Games was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America. The music video for Wicked Games premiered on October 18,2012 on The Weeknds YouTube account on Vevo, since its release, the music video has received over 90 million views on YouTube. Credits adapted from liner notes for Trilogy
11. The Zone (The Weeknd song) – Thursday is the second mixtape by Canadian singer The Weeknd, independently released on August 19,2011. It follows his critically acclaimed, Polaris Music Prize-nominated debut mixtape House of Balloons and its music incorporates downtempo, dubstep, dream pop, hip hop, rock and reggae styles. As with his previous works, Canadian record producers Doc McKinney, Young Money artist Drake contributes guest vocals to the track The Zone. Thursday received generally positive reviews critics, who drew comparisons to House of Balloons. Rolling Stone and The Birds Part 1 were released as singles to precede the mixtapes release. Thursday was later remastered and packaged with The Weeknds compilation album Trilogy, Thursday received generally positive reviews from critics. At Metacritic, which assigns a rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream publications. Club said, Its a rare songwriter who can craft music thats so repellent yet also so irresistible, alex Young of Consequence of Sound said, Despite the ridiculously high highs of this album, it fails to maintain a great pace throughout. It struggles back and forth between good and great, whereas its foregoer grabbed great by the balls on the first track and never let go. Benjamin Boles of Now said, Its not quite perfect, his voice is the star of the show but is buried under the clever beats. But thats a small complaint about someone whos looking more and more one of the most exciting artists to emerge this year. Brandon Soderberg of Pitchfork said, Though theres less breathing space on Thursday, BBC Musics Mike Diver made a positive review, saying, File him beside Frank Ocean as an R&B star set to climb to new heights in 2012. Matthew Cole of Slant Magazine wrote, The Weeknd is in command of his craft. Hes earned my trust, as would any other artist who had released two of the years best albums. Tyler Fisher of Sputnikmusic said, Listening to something like Thursday is the form of escapism that so many of us flock to music for. Thats a quality that should be celebrated, not criticized for its lack of immediate pleasure, jody Rosen of Rolling Stone gave a mixed review, commenting, While its refreshing to hear an R&B singer emphasizing the psychic toll of libertinism, his angst sex grows tiresome. Once in a while, cant this dude just get laid, all songs were produced by Doc McKinney and Illangelo. Sample credits The Birds Part 2 samples Sandpaper Kisses performed by Martina Topley-Bird