Category:Songs written by Kevin Kadish
Pages in category "Songs written by Kevin Kadish"
The following 17 pages are in this category, out of 17 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 17 pages are in this category, out of 17 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. All About That Bass – All About That Bass is the debut single by American singer and songwriter Meghan Trainor. Released by Epic Records on June 30,2014, it was recorded for her 2014 debut EP and her 2015 studio album, lyrically, it discusses positive body image. Several publications included it among the best songs of 2014 and received Grammy Award nominations for Record of the Year and it spent eight weeks atop the US Billboard Hot 100 and topped the charts in other twenty countries, including Canada, New Zealand, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. The song sold 11 million units worldwide, becoming the third best-selling song of 2014, Fatima Robinson directed the songs accompanying music video, a viral online success that was noted for its visuals and lighthearted nature. The song inspired a variety of videos and tributes, while Vogue recognized it as part of the era of the big booty. Trainor has performed it on television and at concerts. Trainor regularly performed the song during her 2015 concert tours, the That Bass Tour, developed in September 2013 by Trainor and American songwriter and producer Kevin Kadish, All About That Bass was written in 40 minutes. At the time the song was written, Trainor lacked a contract but was writing tracks for other artists. Kadish recalled the session as a date and felt they had a strong chemistry. The pair wrote the song with the intention of handing it to recording artist. Kadish then proposed the song title All Bass, No Treble to Trainor who and she then responded to Kadish with the tracks hook, Im all about that bass, no treble. Suggesting the topics booty and thickness for the song, Trainor got inspiration from the difference between the bottom and top sections of a bass guitar. Trainor and Kadish discussed their love for 1950s music, and decided to incorporate the style into the song along with doo-wop because Trainor felt that the genre was very catchy, Kadish then developed a modern beat for the song and Trainor began freestyling the first verse. She felt encouraged by the result and pictured the song to contain a theme of girl power, Trainor intended for the songs lyrics to be about self-acceptance of body type, a theme inspired by her own struggles in self-image as a teenager. Kadish related to Trainors lyric ideas due to his own experiences with weight insecurities during adolescence, Trainor wanted the track to criticize the use of photoshopped images after she saw a feature on The Ellen DeGeneres Show of a model whose photographs were graphically edited. She obtained additional inspiration for the song from American singer Bruno Mars Just the Way You Are, while Trainor and Kadish were happy with the song after it was finished, they doubted its commercial prospects. The song was criticized for not having a big chorus. With no one interested in recording it, Trainor agreed to use the song as her own at Kadishs suggestion
2. Can't Be Tamed – Cant Be Tamed is the third studio album by American singer Miley Cyrus. It was released on June 18,2010, by Hollywood Records, Cyrus wrote the project in 2009, while travelling internationally for her Wonder World Tour, and recorded it in 2010. Described by Cyrus as a good to blast in your car, Cant Be Tamed represents a departure from her earlier work. As executive producers, Tish Cyrus and Jason Morey enlisted partners including Devrim Karaoglu, Marek Pompetzki, Rock Mafia and their efforts resulted in a primarily dance-pop record, which Cyrus record label acknowledged differed from the original plans for the project. Its lyrical themes revolve largely around breaking free of constraints and expectations and it debuted at number three on the U. S. Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 100,000 copies. It is Cyrus lowest-peaking and lowest-selling record in the United States, the album has sold 350,000 copies in the country. Cant Be Tamed charted moderately on charts in internationally, reaching the top-ten in countries including Australia, Canada. Two singles were released from Cant Be Tamed and its title track Cant Be Tamed was released on May 14,2010, and peaked at number eight on the U. S. Billboard Hot 100, and performed moderately worldwide. Promotional efforts for Cant Be Tamed began to associate Cyrus with a provocative image. The record was promoted through a series of television appearances. Cant Be Tamed is Cyrus first album to not be certified platinum in the US, I want to do my last pop record. Im working on a record right now, I kind of want this to be my last record for a little while and be able to take a break and just get all the types of music that I really love. In December 2009, Cyrus announced that she had begun planning her third studio album, the majority of Cant Be Tamed was recorded abroad during Cyrus her headlining Wonder World Tour in 2009 and 2010. She collaborated with John Shanks during its production, he traveled to London for Cyrus recording sessions. Cyrus stated that Cant Be Tamed contained a variety of beats and synths. In February 2010, Cyrus announced that her third studio album would be released later that summer. Later that April, it was announced that the record would be titled Cant Be Tamed, on May 7, Cyrus unveiled the album artwork through her website, it depicts Cyrus dressed in a leather jacket, pants, and midriff-baring shirt while standing against a black-and-white background. Who Owns My Heart details the excitement in possibly finding a lover at a nightclub, while Cyrus herself commented that the title track Cant Be Tamed bears a theme of breaking out and feeling free
3. Title (Meghan Trainor album) – Title is the debut major-label studio album by American singer and songwriter Meghan Trainor. Released on January 9,2015, by Epic Records, the album replaced Trainors 2014 EP of the name on the iTunes Store. It was mainly written and composed by Trainor and Kevin Kadish, other collaborators on the album include Chris Gelbuda and Jesse Frasure, John Legend and Shy Carter. Musically, Title was inspired by Trainors love for throwback style records, and she incorporated different combinations of genres, including Caribbean, doo-wop, hip hop, soca and pop. The album debuted at one on the US Billboard 200 with 238,000 album-equivalent units. It also peaked at one in Australia, Canada, New Zealand. Title was Epic Records first number one album since Sara Bareilles Kaleidoscope Heart and it became Epics first number one album since Michael Jacksons The Essential Michael Jackson to enter at the top of the Australian chart. The album was preceded by two successful singles. All About That Bass, released as the lead single on June 30,2014, topped the US Billboard Hot 100 for eight weeks. The song peaked at one in 58 countries and entered the list of best-selling singles. The second single Lips Are Movin, released on October 21,2014, was Trainors second consecutive top five single with a peak of four on the Billboard Hot 100. The albums third single, Dear Future Husband, peaked at number 14 on the Billboard Hot 100, the fourth single Like Im Gonna Lose You, which featured John Legend, was released on June 23,2015, and peaked at number 8 on the Hot 100. Trainor promoted Title through a series of appearances and televised live performances. Trainor embarked on the albums first supporting tour, That Bass Tour. Additionally, the album sold one million copies in the United States by the end of 2015. According to IFPI, Title was the ninth best-selling album of 2015 worldwide, the album was certified triple platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America in September 2016. Trainor initially released three albums, Meghan Trainor, Ill Sing with You and Only 17, however, all three albums were pulled from circulation in the build-up to Title. In July 2014, Trainor said that she planned to complete the album by early fall, by mid-August, the record was initially completed, but Trainor told USA Today that a song which was written in eight minutes was to be recorded for the album the same day
4. Lips Are Movin – Lips Are Movin is a song recorded by American singer Meghan Trainor. Trainor co-wrote it with Kevin Kadish, who produced it as well, epic Records released it on October 21,2014, as the second single from Trainors fourth studio album Title. Lips Are Movin was announced in October 2014, along with its single artwork. Lips Are Movin is a pop, doo-wop and R&B song with wry lyrics about a philandering. Comparing it to Trainors previous single All About That Bass, critics stated that Lips Are Movin elevated Trainor from a wonder to a successful pop act. It also reached the top ten in several European countries, including Austria, Spain, Germany, philip Andelman directed the music video for Lips Are Movin and Hewlett-Packard commissioned it. It portrays behind-the-scenes events during the shoot of a video, featuring dancers that include Les Twins. Following its release on November 19,2014, the video was viewed 2.5 million times on YouTube within two days and received reviews that praised its imagery. Trainor has performed Lips Are Movin live on shows, including Today, The Voice. It was also performed during Trainors That Bass Tour and MTrain Tour, Lips Are Movin is a bubblegum pop, doo-wop and R&B song. It includes half-sung, half-rapped vocals and a melody with beats. VH1 described it as a feisty, upbeat track that has some spunky lyrics, according to James Cowan of Canadian Business, the song shares the same girl-group-influenced harmonies, wry lyrics and candy palette of its predecessor, All About That Bass. Musically, Lips Are Movin was likened to Christina Aguileras Candyman by Carl Smith of Sugarscape. com, the songs tempo is 139 beats per minute. It is composed in the key G major, Trainors vocals span the tonal nodes F3 to B5. The songs chord progression is G–Am–C–G, the songs lyrics are about a philandering, untruthful man, they include, if your lips are movin, then youre lyin, lyin, lyin, babe. It was reportedly written in eight minutes by Kevin Kadish and Meghan Trainor, on October 14,2014, the songs artwork and a full-length low-quality version were leaked online. The same day, it was announced by the label that Lips Are Movin would be released to hit radio in the U. S. on October 21,2014. The song was offered first on Shazam, and also premiered on MTV News the following day, the song garnered radio play from three radio stations the same day, six days before its radio release date
5. Kevin Kadish – Kevin Kadish is an American songwriter and record producer. The song received two nominations at the 57th Grammy Awards, Record of the Year and Song of the Year. Born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland, Kadish began playing guitar at the age of 13, after graduating high school, Kadish attended Berklee College of Music and studied Film Scoring. In 1991, Kadish transferred from Berklee to the University of Maryland, College Park where he designed his own major, Music Management and he graduated in 1993 with a B. S. in Music Management. In 1998, Kadish signed a development deal with Republic Records as a recording artist. While under the wing of Serletic, Kadish co-wrote Be There For You and he also co-wrote the songs More to Life and Stuck for pop singer Stacie Orrico which appeared in the television shows The Simple Life and Thats So Raven, as well as the film Robots. These two hits have been featured on several compilations which have sold nearly 11 million copies, cumulatively, in 2005, Kadish received an ASCAP Christian Music Award for Stacie Orricos More To Life for being one of the most played songs on Christian radio. In 2006, Kadish received the SOCAN award for his No.1 Flawed Design by Stabilo, in 2007, the song also received the SOCAN award for greatest number of plays on Canadian radio in 2006. The song became the third best-selling song of 2014, and was also the 14th most-viewed YouTube video ever, how do you feed your family. In 2015, Kadish worked with such as Christina Aguilera, A Great Big World, Jennifer Lopez, Fifth Harmony, Steven Tyler of Aerosmith. He contributed acoustic guitars and backing vocals, and co-wrote the Miley Cyrus song Two More Lonely People for her album Cant Be Tamed and he also co-wrote Narcissistic Boiz on the upcoming J Records release from artist BC Jean. Kadishs wife, Brandon Jane, is one-half of the duo Coldwater Jane, Kadish co-wrote and produced songs on their album Marionette. Kevin co-wrote and produced the song Try Try Try for Universal Germany artist Michael Squire, Kadish co-wrote this song with Jason Mraz for the album We Sing. But it was not used on Mrazs album, Try Try Try was the first single from Squires upcoming debut album Your Love Grows in the Sunshine. Kadish also produced the single for Squire, Gimme Feeling. He co-wrote and produced End of The World for A Great Big Worlds second album When The Morning Comes, released November 13,2015
6. Flawed Design – Flawed design may also refer to the argument from poor design in the context of Gods existence, or to design flaws in commerce. Flawed Design is a song by Canadian indie rock band Stabilo and it was released in January 2006 as the first single from their album Happiness and Disaster. The song has performed live since at least May 2004. It received significant radio airplay across Canada, the flaws that the song mentions include lying, temptation, trust, deviousness, and treason. The music video, directed by Stephen Scott, shows several scenarios where people have flaws that they lie about, such as cheating, may 16,2006, Received the SOCAN award for No.1 Song for topping Canadian Music Networks Hot Adult Contemporary Chart. September 2006, Digital Download Certified Gold November 19,2007, Stabilo official website Stabilo fan page OneMorePill Stabilo Fan Forums Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
7. Geek in the Pink – Geek in the Pink is a 2006 single by Jason Mraz from his album Mr. A–Z. In 2007, American Idol contestant Chris Richardson performed Geek in the Pink, Geek in the Pink peaked at #22 on the U. S. iTunes Store on March 10,2007, but it was ineligible for the sites Hot 100. Canadian Idol contestant Greg Neufeld also sang this song during the season of Canadian Idol. The video starts with Jason Mraz in a shirt on the street in the city of Venice Beach, CA promoting his second studio album. He wears a shirt that reads OTAKU. He continues to promote the record while letting people listen to the CD by giving them headphones, the video then moves to Jason sitting in the back of someones truck listening to his own song, Geek in the Pink. The video then moves from the city, to the boardwalk, then to the beach, at one point on the boardwalk he buys and wears pink flip-flop sandals. The video continues to all of the previous shots, with the video ending with him. The video then fades to black, video premiered on December 19,2005. Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
8. Stuck (Stacie Orrico song) – Stuck is a song by Stacie Orrico, released in 2003. It can be found on her second album. It was used in the Disney Channel Original Movie Stuck in the Suburbs and it was the official theme song of the 2004 Copa América tournament. Stuck was the first taste of success in the mainstream that Orrico received. In Japan it peaked at No.1 on some radio airplay charts. The music video was directed by Diane Martel, the video shows her on and off relationship with her boyfriend during high school. The boyfriend was played by her cousin, actor Trevor Wright
9. (There's Gotta Be) More to Life – More to Life is a song by American recording artist Stacie Orrico from her self-titled second studio album. The song was released in the United States in August 2003, more to Life received generally positive reviews from music critics, with most of them calling it strong and saying it was a definite highlight from the album. The song was also a worldwide success, the song peaked in the top five in three countries, which included New Zealand at number three, Norway at number two and number five on the US Billboard Pop Songs chart. More to Life is also featured of the 2005 film Robots, more to Life peaked at number thirty on the US Billboard Hot 100, becoming Orricos biggest single to date in the country. The song also peaked at five on the US Billboard Pop Songs. The song also had received worldwide success, the song debuted at number thirty-two on the Australian singles chart, and after eight weeks in the charts, it finally peaked at number eleven. It stayed in the charts for nineteen weeks, and was certificated gold, the song debuted at number forty-eight on the New Zealand Singles Chart. After two weeks, the song jumped from number thirty-eight to number nine, and after two weeks in the top ten, dropped to number twelve. But the very next week it re-entered the top ten, and it then had another two weeks in the top ten before slowly dropping off the chart, with eighteen weeks total on the chart in the country. Half of those eighteen weeks were spent in the top ten, the song also peaked at number two for four weeks in Norway, and stayed in the country charts for sixteen weeks. The video is directed by Dave Meyers, the video ends with Orrico portrayed as a regular girl in a crowd, before finally disappearing as a passerby walks by. Octavo Club Remix Dr. Octavo Radio Remix Dr. Octavo Dub Ruff Ryders Remix Ruff Ryders Instrumental Ruff Ryders Acapella Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
10. Wordplay (song) – Wordplay is a song by Jason Mraz released as the first single from his 2005 album Mr. A-Z. The song was Mrazs second entry on the Billboard Hot 100 at #81 after The Remedy, the song was the most successful single from Mr. A-Z. Im Yours Wordplay Life Is Wonderful Directed by Dean Karr, the video starts with Mraz, his band, and he is then seen sitting on fallen tree playing his guitar. While he is playing his guitar an old man can be seen walking by who cannot stand listening to the music he is playing, the old man then begins the process of stoning him. Throughout the video more and more people gather to continue stoning him, the wizard, who is playing the guitar, is actually Mraz himself dressed as the wizard. The video then continues to all of the previous shots. It ends with him extremely injured from being stoned and then fades to black
11. Dear Future Husband – Dear Future Husband is a song recorded by American singer and songwriter Meghan Trainor for her debut studio album Title, which first appeared on Trainors EP of the same name. The song was co-written with and produced by Kevin Kadish, released by Epic Records on March 17,2015, as Trainors third single from the album, it is a doo-wop and R&B song. Lyrically, it consists themes of chivalry and marriage, and lists qualities that Trainor requires in a romantic suitor, the songs accompanying music video was directed by Fatima Robinson, who previously directed Trainors music video for All About That Bass. It depicts Trainor testing potential suitors, and features a guest appearance by Charlie Puth, the video premiered on March 16,2015, and attracted 2.2 million views on YouTube in one day. Trainor promoted Dear Future Husband in a number of appearances, including performances at the 2nd iHeartRadio Music Awards. It was also performed at Trainors That Bass Tour and MTrain Tour, the song peaked in the top ten of the record charts in Australia and South Africa. In the United States, the peaked at number 14 on the Billboard Hot 100. Trainor reminisced on her past romantic relationships, where she was mishandled, in an interview with Seventeen, Trainor said, Its like, Im awesome, why would you not want to marry me and date me. Trainor considers Dear Future Husband to be one of the strongest tracks on her studio album Title, on August 10,2014, Trainor premiered Dear Future Husband at a promotional gig in Kansas City. In August 2014, Trainor announced that Dear Future Husband would be released as the second single and it was first featured on Trainors debut extended play, Title, which was released on September 9,2014. It was then featured as a B-side to All About That Bass in Austria, Germany, Dear Future Husband later served as an instant grat download from the pre-order of her studio album Title after October 20,2014. However, the single release was cancelled in favor of Lips Are Movin which was released on October 21,2014. It was released to radio in the United States on March 17,2015. The song was criticized back when it was released for what some claimed was a similarity to Olly Murs Dance With Me Tonight. Dear Future Husband is a doo-wop and R&B song which runs for a duration of three minutes and four seconds and it opens with the sound of a stylus on a damaged vinyl before transcending into an old-fashioned ukulele melody. Musically, the track contains slick production and a drum beat. In an interview with Popjustices Peter Robinson, Trainor said, Its my lil list of things he should probably be aware of if he wants to marry me and you need to take me on a date, bring me flowers every anniversary. Tell me Im beautiful sometimes, if you wanna get that special loving, lyrically, Dear Future Husband deals with subjects of chivalry and marriage