Category:Songs written by Ludacris
Pages in category "Songs written by Ludacris"
The following 82 pages are in this category, out of 82 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 82 pages are in this category, out of 82 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. Ludacris – Christopher Brian Chris Bridges, better known by his stage name Ludacris, is an American hip hop recording artist and actor from Atlanta, Georgia. Alongside his manager, Chaka Zulu, Ludacris is the co-founder of Disturbing tha Peace, throughout his career, Ludacris has won Screen Actors Guild, Critics Choice, MTV, and Grammy Awards. Along with fellow Atlanta-based rappers Big Boi and André3000 of OutKast, born in Champaign, Illinois, Ludacris moved to Atlanta at age nine, where he began rapping. In 2001, he released Word of Mouf, followed by Chicken-n-Beer in 2003 and he took a more serious approach with his next two albums, Release Therapy, and Theater of the Mind. His next record, Battle of the Sexes, was released in 2010, Ludaversal was released on March 31,2015. As an actor, he has appeared in films including Crash, Gamer, and New Years Eve, but is best known for playing Tej Parker in the The Fast and the Furious film series. Ludacris was born as Christopher Brian Bridges in Champaign, Illinois and he later moved to the Chicago area, where he attended Emerson Middle School in Oak Park, and Oak Park & River Forest High School for one year. He then moved to Centreville, Virginia and attended Centreville High School for one year and he attended Banneker High School in Atlanta, Georgia and graduated in 1995. From 1998 to 1999, he studied management at Georgia State University. His parents were both African-American, and he also has some English and Native American ancestry and he is a distant cousin of late comedian Richard Pryor. Bridges wrote his first rap song at age nine when moving to Atlanta, Bridges served as an intern and then a DJ at Atlantas Hot 97.5 under the name Chris Lova Lova. He was also known for DJing during Freaknik at one point, Ludacris collaborated with Timbaland on the track Phat Rabbit from his album Tims Bio, Life from da Bassment. This song was a hit in many countries, in Ludacris early music career he collaborated with Dallas Austin and Jermaine Dupri. In 1998, Ludacris began to record his debut album Incognegro and this album was the defining example of Ludacris fast, wild, and comedic flow, a unique style for southern rappers. Timbaland handled part of the production, despite its poor sales, it was never deleted and is still sold today. Ludacris also appeared on Timbalands 1998 debut on Phat Rabbit, a track that would later be used on his re-issue of Incognegro called Back For The First Time, in 2000, Ludacris released his major label debut, Back for the First Time. It was produced with the help of the underground producer Sessy Melia, the album reached as high as #4 on the U. S. Billboard 200, and was a major success. Ludacris made his mark on the industry with such as Southern Hospitality and Whats Your Fantasy, along with his first ever single the Phat Rabbit
2. All Around the World (Justin Bieber song) – All Around the World is a song by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber, from his third studio album, Believe. It was written by Bieber, Sir Nolan and Nasri of The Messengers in collaboration with Ludacris and this was the second collaboration between Bieber and Ludacris, having previously collaborated on Baby. It was first released on June 4,2012, as a single from the album. The song was released as the international single, and the fifth. The Eurodance track features a similar instrumentation to songs by Britney Spears, Chris Brown, lyrically, it features Bieber singing to his love interest that all around the world, people want to be loved. All Around the World received mostly positive reviews music critics. The song had success worldwide, reaching the top ten in several countries, such as Belgium, Canada. Bieber promoted the song through performances and a music video. In late 2011, Bieber confirmed to radio network Capital FM that he was recording material for his studio album. He later spoke to MTV News and revealed that Believe would surprise people in different ways, All Around the World was written and produced by The Messengers and Nolan Lambroza, while Bieber and Ludacris wrote additional lyrics. On May 25,2012, a version of the track leaked online. The same day, the track was released on iTunes Store through The Island Def Jam Music Group, the song was later released as the fourth international single, and the fifth and final US single on February 26,2013. It is an Eurodance song, which incorporates heavy elements in its instrumentation and is similar to previous works by producer David Guetta. Contemporary critics compared the track to Britney Spears Till the World Ends, lyrically, Bieber sings for his love interest and says that all around the world, people want to be loved. The track opens with he singing, Youre beautiful, beautiful/You should know it/I think its time, think its time/That you show it, lines that were compared to One Directions What Makes You Beautiful. As the track follows, Bieber encourages girls to release their inner beauty, Light it up, so explosive/Why you acting so shy, All Around the World received mostly positive reviews from music critics. Jocelyn Vena also of MTV stated that the song could have recorded by Usher. Entertainment Weekly columnist Ray Rahman gave All Around the World a positive review, and stated, the vocal swagger of Chris Brown
3. All I Do Is Win – All I Do Is Win is the second official single from DJ Khaleds fourth studio album Victory. The track features American singer T-Pain, plus American rappers Ludacris, Snoop Dogg and it was released on February 8,2010, along with Put Your Hands Up. The single was certified 3× Platinum by the RIAA and it was the only Billboard Hot 100 charting single from the album. The music video debuted on BETs 106 and Park on March 3,2010, a video for the official remix was shot in Florida. The video was directed by Dayo & Gil Green, photos of the shoot were also leaked online. The video features cameos from Nicki Minaj, Fabolous, Fat Joe, Jadakiss, Puff Daddy, Ace Hood, CamRon, a behind-the-scenes video was released on June 2,2010. The remixs music video was released on June 29,2010, on April 28,2010, the official remix was released. It features Rick Ross, Busta Rhymes, Diddy, Nicki Minaj, Fabolous, Jadakiss, Fat Joe, Swizz Beatz on background vocals, jadakisss verse is a sample from Allergic to Losing, a song from his 2010 mixtape The Champ Is Here 3. The remix was released as a single on iTunes on June 8,2010. A music video has been shot and was released on June 29,2010, flo Rida, Red Cafe, The Game, Ace Hood, Drake, Lil Wayne, Gunplay of Triple Cs, Brisco & DJ Nasty & LVM made cameos on the video. Swizz Beatz was not included in the video, DJ Khaled also raps a verse on the remix. There is another remix titled Hood Remix or G-Mix which is by Nappy Boy artist Young Cash, the remix features a new rap line up, Yo Gotti, Gudda Gudda, Bun B, Ice Berg,2 Chainz, T-Pain, & Field Mob. On this version, instead of T-Pain on the chorus, Young Cash is, the song has become an anthem for numerous sports teams, most notably the Auburn Tigers football team during their 2010 national championship season. It was played during the teams pregame entrance video as well as following each home victory in Jordan-Hare Stadium, the New York Knicks professional basketball team also use an instrumental version of the song for their player intros during the 2010–11 NBA season. The Denver Nuggets, Memphis Grizzlies, Indiana Pacers, Portland Trail Blazers, Cleveland Cavaliers, Carolina Panthers and it was subsequently arranged for the Band of the Hour, Miamis marching band. Internet mashup artist DJ Earworm has included the song in a designed for the 2012 Summer Olympics. A remix version was made in December 2011 for Tim Tebow of the Denver Broncos, the New Orleans Saints play the chorus of All I Do Is Win during home games. This is also one of themes for the Canadian roller derby team, at the 2013 White House Correspondents Dinner, President Barack Obama was introduced to Hail to the Chief, which quickly cut to a snippet of All I Do is Win
4. Burrrprint 2 – Burrrprint HD is a mixtape by rapper Gucci Mane. It was released three months after the release of his studio album The State vs. Radric Davis on March 13,2010. It is the sequel to The Burrprint mixtape released in 2009, drumma Boy produced all but five songs on the mixtape. These songs were recorded before Gucci Mane was sent to jail. However, the introduction to the album was recorded over the phone by Gucci Mane from jail, music videos have also been filmed for the songs 911 Emergency, Boy From the Block, Everybody Looking, and Antisocial featuring Mylah. The mixtape debuted at number 19 on the Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 19,000 copies, atlanta Zoo featuring Ludacris &911 Emergency debuted at #15 and #21 on the Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop Singles chart, respectively
5. Baby (Justin Bieber song) – Baby is a song by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. It was released as the single from the latter half of Biebers debut album. It was available for download on January 18,2010. The song received airplay directly after release, officially impacting mainstream, the song is uptempo R&B, blending together dance-pop and hip-hop elements, while using influences of doo-wop music. The song has received reviews from critics who complimented the songs effective lyrics and chorus, and commended Ludacris part. The accompanying music video takes place in a mall/bowling-alley setting, the video features several cameos such as Drake, Lil Twist and Tinashe, in which Bieber chases after a girl. As of May 2013, the song has sold 3.9 million digital downloads in the United States, the official music video is the eighteenth most-viewed video all-time on YouTube, and is also, as of 2017, the YouTube video with the most dislikes. It had been the most-viewed from July 12,2010 until November 24,2012, Bieber performed the song several times, including Saturday Night Live, and the ninth season of American Idol. Bieber also performed a rendition of the remix version with Drake at the 2010 Juno Awards. The official remix in the United Kingdom features British hip-hop artist Chipmunk, when asked how the collaboration initially came about, Bieber said, both live in Atlanta. I met him a year prior to this and we figured it was a collaboration for him. Bieber first premiered the song performing on MuchMusic on December 28,2009, a few days before the release of the single, Bieber posted an acoustic version of the song to his YouTube with his guitarist Dan Kanterr, similar to the way he did with Favorite Girl. Billboard said that, Bieber delivers his characteristically clean vocals with conviction, My first love broke my heart for the first time / and Im like, baby, baby, baby, I thought youd always be mine. Also in a review of the acoustic version Bill Lamb of About. com said that I think the vocals here will convince some that Justin Bieber really does have the vocal chops. The song is upbeat, featuring Biebers R&B vocals over a backdrop containing a dance infused beat, full of keyboard. The song is composed in the key of E♭ major with Biebers vocal range spanning from the low-note of G3 to the high-note of C5. Lyrically, Biebers lines explain his distress over his lost love, the chorus features the distinct and repetitive baby, baby, baby, ohhhh hook. A famous section of the song plays Baby, Baby baby oh and it is the catchphrase of the song that identifies the song
6. Betta Knock – Supply & Demand is the debut album by Atlanta duo Playaz Circle. The title of the album was believed to have changed to Pound 4 Pound. Playaz Circle released a single on called Circle of Playaz, which featured Jazze Pha, the album was pushed back several times, but many tracks leaked onto the internet before release. The album was released on October 30,2007, featuring guest spots by Ludacris, Shawnna, Phonte of Little Brother. The album was removed from iTunes in 2012, and it not appear on music services such as Spotify and Google Play. The album debuted at #27 on the Billboard 200, selling 26,138 copies, in its second week, it dropped to #79, selling 11,261 copies
7. Ruthless (Ace Hood album) – Ruthless is the second studio album by American rapper Ace Hood. It was released on June 30,2009, by We the Best Music Group, the album debuted at number 23 on the US Billboard 200, selling 19,700 copies in its first week. The albums first single, Overtime featuring T-Pain and Akon, was released on May 19,2009, the production on the song was handled by The Runners, while it was co-produced by Kevin Cossom. The albums second single, Champion featuring Jazmine Sullivan and Rick Ross, was released on June 16,2009, the production team The Runners, would once again produced this song, this time alongside with the production handled by Carvin & Ivan