Category:Songs written by Ludacris
Pages in category "Songs written by Ludacris"
The following 82 pages are in this category, out of 82 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 82 pages are in this category, out of 82 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. Ludacris – Christopher Brian Chris Bridges, better known by his stage name Ludacris, is an American hip hop recording artist and actor from Atlanta, Georgia. Alongside his manager, Chaka Zulu, Ludacris is the co-founder of Disturbing tha Peace, throughout his career, Ludacris has won Screen Actors Guild, Critics Choice, MTV, and Grammy Awards. Along with fellow Atlanta-based rappers Big Boi and André3000 of OutKast, born in Champaign, Illinois, Ludacris moved to Atlanta at age nine, where he began rapping. In 2001, he released Word of Mouf, followed by Chicken-n-Beer in 2003 and he took a more serious approach with his next two albums, Release Therapy, and Theater of the Mind. His next record, Battle of the Sexes, was released in 2010, Ludaversal was released on March 31,2015. As an actor, he has appeared in films including Crash, Gamer, and New Years Eve, but is best known for playing Tej Parker in the The Fast and the Furious film series. Ludacris was born as Christopher Brian Bridges in Champaign, Illinois and he later moved to the Chicago area, where he attended Emerson Middle School in Oak Park, and Oak Park & River Forest High School for one year. He then moved to Centreville, Virginia and attended Centreville High School for one year and he attended Banneker High School in Atlanta, Georgia and graduated in 1995. From 1998 to 1999, he studied management at Georgia State University. His parents were both African-American, and he also has some English and Native American ancestry and he is a distant cousin of late comedian Richard Pryor. Bridges wrote his first rap song at age nine when moving to Atlanta, Bridges served as an intern and then a DJ at Atlantas Hot 97.5 under the name Chris Lova Lova. He was also known for DJing during Freaknik at one point, Ludacris collaborated with Timbaland on the track Phat Rabbit from his album Tims Bio, Life from da Bassment. This song was a hit in many countries, in Ludacris early music career he collaborated with Dallas Austin and Jermaine Dupri. In 1998, Ludacris began to record his debut album Incognegro and this album was the defining example of Ludacris fast, wild, and comedic flow, a unique style for southern rappers. Timbaland handled part of the production, despite its poor sales, it was never deleted and is still sold today. Ludacris also appeared on Timbalands 1998 debut on Phat Rabbit, a track that would later be used on his re-issue of Incognegro called Back For The First Time, in 2000, Ludacris released his major label debut, Back for the First Time. It was produced with the help of the underground producer Sessy Melia, the album reached as high as #4 on the U. S. Billboard 200, and was a major success. Ludacris made his mark on the industry with such as Southern Hospitality and Whats Your Fantasy, along with his first ever single the Phat Rabbit
2. Bangerz – Bangerz is the fourth studio album by American singer Miley Cyrus. It was released on October 4,2013, by RCA Records, opting to re-establish her music career instead of focusing on her film career as originally planned, Cyrus began planning the project in 2012. Work continued into 2013, at which time she left her previous label Hollywood Records, described by Cyrus as dirty south hip-hop, Bangerz represents a musical departure from her earlier work, which she has grown to feel disconnected from. As executive producers, Cyrus and Mike Will Made It collaborated with hip hop producers including Cirkut, Pharrell Williams and their efforts resulted in a primarily pop record, with lyrical themes that revolve largely around romance. It features guest vocals from several new partners, including pop singer Britney Spears and rappers French Montana, Future, Ludacris, Bangerz received mixed to positive reviews from contemporary music critics, who praised its overall production and originality, and complimented Cyrus public persona evolution. The record debuted at one on the US Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 270,000 copies. In doing so, it became Cyrus fifth non-consecutive number-one album, the album received a Grammy Award nomination for Best Pop Vocal Album, giving Cyrus her first Grammy nomination. We Cant Stop was released as the single from Bangerz on June 3,2013. The second single Wrecking Ball was released on August 25,2013, Adore You was serviced as the third single from the record on December 17,2013, it has peaked at number 21 on the Billboard Hot 100. A remix of the produced by Cedric Gervais was released on March 3,2014. Promotional efforts for Bangerz continued to associate Cyrus with a provocative image. She garnered widespread attention through a controversial performance at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards. Furthermore, Cyrus promoted the album with her international Bangerz Tour, in 2012, Cyrus announced plans to focus on her film career, effectively putting her musical endeavors on hiatus. That year, she appeared in the films LOL and So Undercover and she was also confirmed as a primary voice actress in the feature film Hotel Transylvania, but dropped out of the project to coordinate a musical comeback. In January 2013, Cyrus signed a contract with RCA Records. In March, she confirmed that her studio album would be released by the end of 2013. Cyrus stated that she started over as an artist after terminating the services of her previous professional connections, in a later interview, she elaborated that she recognizes Bangerz to be her official debut record, deprecating her earlier projects released during the production of Hannah Montana. While recording the album, Cyrus intended to produce a very adult and sexy and believable final product
3. Ride (Ciara song) – Ride is a song performed by American recording artist Ciara. The song features American rapper Ludacris and it was co-written by Ciara, Ludacris, Tricky Stewart, and The-Dream, and produced by the latter two. The song serves as the single from her fourth studio album. The song was first released for download on April 23,2010. Ride is a down-tempo R&B song, featuring a bass line. The song received positive reviews from critics, complimenting the songs toned-down production. It reached three on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs in the United States, becoming Ciaras twelfth top ten hit on the chart, the accompanying music video features sexually charged, provocative choreography, and therefore was not aired on BET, and banned from UK music channels. The official remix features André3000 and Bei Maejor in addition to Ludacris, jive Records spoke exclusively to Rap Up magazine on March 29,2010 to confirm that Ciara would be releasing a new song called Ride featuring Ludacris. It is the time that the two artists have collaborated, the first being 2005s Oh, second being 2009s High Price. The songs official remix features Outkasts André3000, Bei Maejor, Ciara told MTV News that it was cool for André3000 to respond and get on the record, as the rapper is reclusive when he and Outkast are on break, and selective when it comes to features. Ciara said, My team actually kind of helped put that together and my A&R Mark and Barry Weiss, they kinda worked it out. Ciara also confirmed she 3000 were supposed to collaborate before, commenting, When I was doing Evolution, I wanted him to do something with me and its just really great timing now that we get to do something. My fans are getting an unexpected treat with it and he is, from what I understand, very selective and. Protective of his creativity, so it just feels good to be able to rock with him. The remix was released on June 29,2010 as a digital download, the song has a slow-tempo and sensual feel, backed by a simple bass line and shimmery synths, with beats described as smooth, heavy and dragged out. Ciaras lyrics have been said to be delivered sultry and seductively, ludacriss flow has been described as hypnotizing, delivering one of his trademark rhyme-filled verses. Although the lyrics are technically referring to how one rides the beat to a song, there are subtle clues of sex in the song. Bill Lamb of About. com said, with the help of Ludacris on guest rap and Tricky Stewart with The-Dream handling production, Rap-Up commented that Ciara glides over the beat and warned listeners to Hold on tight
4. All Around the World (Justin Bieber song) – All Around the World is a song by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber, from his third studio album, Believe. It was written by Bieber, Sir Nolan and Nasri of The Messengers in collaboration with Ludacris and this was the second collaboration between Bieber and Ludacris, having previously collaborated on Baby. It was first released on June 4,2012, as a single from the album. The song was released as the international single, and the fifth. The Eurodance track features a similar instrumentation to songs by Britney Spears, Chris Brown, lyrically, it features Bieber singing to his love interest that all around the world, people want to be loved. All Around the World received mostly positive reviews music critics. The song had success worldwide, reaching the top ten in several countries, such as Belgium, Canada. Bieber promoted the song through performances and a music video. In late 2011, Bieber confirmed to radio network Capital FM that he was recording material for his studio album. He later spoke to MTV News and revealed that Believe would surprise people in different ways, All Around the World was written and produced by The Messengers and Nolan Lambroza, while Bieber and Ludacris wrote additional lyrics. On May 25,2012, a version of the track leaked online. The same day, the track was released on iTunes Store through The Island Def Jam Music Group, the song was later released as the fourth international single, and the fifth and final US single on February 26,2013. It is an Eurodance song, which incorporates heavy elements in its instrumentation and is similar to previous works by producer David Guetta. Contemporary critics compared the track to Britney Spears Till the World Ends, lyrically, Bieber sings for his love interest and says that all around the world, people want to be loved. The track opens with he singing, Youre beautiful, beautiful/You should know it/I think its time, think its time/That you show it, lines that were compared to One Directions What Makes You Beautiful. As the track follows, Bieber encourages girls to release their inner beauty, Light it up, so explosive/Why you acting so shy, All Around the World received mostly positive reviews from music critics. Jocelyn Vena also of MTV stated that the song could have recorded by Usher. Entertainment Weekly columnist Ray Rahman gave All Around the World a positive review, and stated, the vocal swagger of Chris Brown
5. All I Do Is Win – All I Do Is Win is the second official single from DJ Khaleds fourth studio album Victory. The track features American singer T-Pain, plus American rappers Ludacris, Snoop Dogg and it was released on February 8,2010, along with Put Your Hands Up. The single was certified 3× Platinum by the RIAA and it was the only Billboard Hot 100 charting single from the album. The music video debuted on BETs 106 and Park on March 3,2010, a video for the official remix was shot in Florida. The video was directed by Dayo & Gil Green, photos of the shoot were also leaked online. The video features cameos from Nicki Minaj, Fabolous, Fat Joe, Jadakiss, Puff Daddy, Ace Hood, CamRon, a behind-the-scenes video was released on June 2,2010. The remixs music video was released on June 29,2010, on April 28,2010, the official remix was released. It features Rick Ross, Busta Rhymes, Diddy, Nicki Minaj, Fabolous, Jadakiss, Fat Joe, Swizz Beatz on background vocals, jadakisss verse is a sample from Allergic to Losing, a song from his 2010 mixtape The Champ Is Here 3. The remix was released as a single on iTunes on June 8,2010. A music video has been shot and was released on June 29,2010, flo Rida, Red Cafe, The Game, Ace Hood, Drake, Lil Wayne, Gunplay of Triple Cs, Brisco & DJ Nasty & LVM made cameos on the video. Swizz Beatz was not included in the video, DJ Khaled also raps a verse on the remix. There is another remix titled Hood Remix or G-Mix which is by Nappy Boy artist Young Cash, the remix features a new rap line up, Yo Gotti, Gudda Gudda, Bun B, Ice Berg,2 Chainz, T-Pain, & Field Mob. On this version, instead of T-Pain on the chorus, Young Cash is, the song has become an anthem for numerous sports teams, most notably the Auburn Tigers football team during their 2010 national championship season. It was played during the teams pregame entrance video as well as following each home victory in Jordan-Hare Stadium, the New York Knicks professional basketball team also use an instrumental version of the song for their player intros during the 2010–11 NBA season. The Denver Nuggets, Memphis Grizzlies, Indiana Pacers, Portland Trail Blazers, Cleveland Cavaliers, Carolina Panthers and it was subsequently arranged for the Band of the Hour, Miamis marching band. Internet mashup artist DJ Earworm has included the song in a designed for the 2012 Summer Olympics. A remix version was made in December 2011 for Tim Tebow of the Denver Broncos, the New Orleans Saints play the chorus of All I Do Is Win during home games. This is also one of themes for the Canadian roller derby team, at the 2013 White House Correspondents Dinner, President Barack Obama was introduced to Hail to the Chief, which quickly cut to a snippet of All I Do is Win
6. Break Your Heart – Break Your Heart is a song by English singer and songwriter Taio Cruz. The song serves as the single from his second studio album. It was written by Cruz and Fraser T Smith and produced by Smith and it was first released in the United Kingdom on 20 September 2009, followed by a release in the United States and other markets on 2 February 2010. The official remix version features American rapper Ludacris, that version was the released in North American countries. The song, originally penned for Cheryl Cole, is an uptempo R&B song with synthpop and dance-pop elements, the song is lyrically a warning to someone about being a heartbreaker. The song received mixed to positive reviews, critics commending its infectious sound, the song peaked at number one in Canada, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States, and also within the top ten of many other countries. The accompanying music video features scenes of Cruz on escapades with different women, including a speedboat compared to classic Diddy. Break Your Heart was one of two songs penned by Cruz for Cheryl Cole for her solo album,3 Words. After Cruz did not hear back from Coles label about the song, he reworked the song for a male and made it the first song off his second album, Rokstarr. Cruz told MTV News UK that after he released the song, the latter track by Cruz, Stand Up made it onto the final track list on Coles album. i. am, the executive producer of 3 Words. Smith also told This Must Be Pop, Taio felt the lyric was a bit cocky for him to carry off – I told him he sounded great on it. Speaking of the songs background, Cruz told Pete Lewis of Blues & Soul, Its about breaking a girls heart. Its more that Im just a guy, trying to be single. And sometimes, when you are in place, you get girls who wanna be a part of what youre about – but, because youre not really ready for a relationship. So what Im basically saying is I might just break your heart, but Im only gonna break your heart if you come through this way right now. Cruz also has called his song catchy with a melody and fun topic. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Cruz elaborated and said the song was based on a personal situation. Massey and Werners belief in the potential within the United States
7. Little Bad Girl – Little Bad Girl is a single by French DJ David Guetta, featuring vocals from English recording artist Taio Cruz and American rapper Ludacris. It was released for download from 27 June 2011 by Virgin Records, serving as the second single from Guettas latest studio album Nothing. This song later appeared on Cruzs third album TY. O, all three artists co-wrote the song with Frédéric Riesterer and Giorgio Tuinfort, both of whom co-produced the song with Guetta as well as Black Raw. This is the first of two collaborations between Cruz and Guetta, as Cruz would later co-write Guettas single Without You featuring Usher. This is also the first of two collaborations between Ludacris and Guetta, as the two would collaborate on the 2012 song Rest of My Life also featuring Usher. This is also the collaboration between Ludacris and Cruz, after Ludacris appeared on the US version of Cruzs single Break Your Heart. The music video was released on YouTube on 11 July 2011 and it features Guetta hosting a beach-side disco party called Endless Night with Cruz and Ludacris in attendance. When Guetta sees the sun start to rise, he and many other guests run down to the beach and they all skid to a halt in front of the sea, causing the Earth to rotate backwards. The sun goes back down and this makes it again in other parts of the world when it had just been light. Ludacris can also be seen with a megaphone when rapping his verse, towards the end of the video, the sun again starts to rise and Guetta runs off to repeat what he did before. Robert Copsey of Digital Spy gave the three out of five stars writing, Unfortunately, the reality of their paring-up is far less enticing. The result is more synthetic than a Geordie Shore lass made up for a night on the lash - and about as effective as their patented Slutdrop
8. My Chick Bad – My Chick Bad is a song by American rapper Ludacris. The song features American recording artist Nicki Minaj, who co-wrote the song with Ludacris, Samuel Lindley, the track was produced by The Legendary Traxster. My Chick Bad serves as the single from Ludacris eighth album. An official remix to the song was released, featuring female rappers Diamond, Eve. The song was a success, peaking at number 11 on the Billboard Hot 100. The song reached two on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs and Rap Songs charts, and also appeared on the Pop Songs without an official release to pop radio. My Chick Bad was nominated for a 2011 Grammy Award in the category Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group, the accompanying music video for both versions of the song take place in a dungeon during the filming of a movie, with Minaj portraying a Freddy Krueger-esque character. In an interview with Rap-Up, on Nicki Minaj, Ludacris said, She’s an animated female, before it was released as a single, in the interview, he said, That’s one of the records that we gonna put out there. The official remix features Eve, Trina, and Diamond, while Ludacris only has background vocals, the remix was also included on Battle of the Sexes, and an extension of the original video was made to accompany it. On the set of the video, Eve said, I’m just happy that Luda got this together and this is just a nice prelude to what’s about to happen. I think it’s about to be movement of strong women. The song carries a thumping and dark tone described as spooky, club described the song as swaggering, and it has been called rambunctious by XXL. It also features the hook, My chick bad / My chick hood / My chick do stuff that your chick wish she could. As Ludacriss verse brags about his significant other, Minajs as well as the present on the remix. In the song, Ludacris refers to tennis stars Venus and Serena Williams, Minaj refers to basketball star Lisa Leslie, as well as the horror franchises A Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th, and their respective main antagonists, Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees. August Brown of the Los Angeles Times complimented a cameo from the ever-delightful Nicki Minaj, sarah Godfrey of the Washington Post commented that the remix version of the song was the only track on Battle of the Sexes to fully live up to the albums name and original premise. Club said the song provide a forum for red-hot Lil Wayne protégé Nicki Minaj on the original track. XXL said, Minajs turn at the song proves she’s got the goods to be the perfect playmate to any of rap’s leading men
9. Jennifer Hudson (album) – Jennifer Hudson is the debut studio album by American actress and recording artist Jennifer Hudson. It was first released in Australia, and it released in North America on September 27,2008, by Arista Records. Three singles were released, the Spotlight reached number one on the Billboards Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs, Jennifer Hudson debuted at number two on the US Billboard 200 and Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums charts, with first week sales of 217,000 copies. And was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America in the United States, Hudson promoted the album in a numerous live appearances, including co-heading a North American concert tour, with Robin Thicke, from March to May 2009. Hudson won three NAACP Image Awards for Outstanding New Artist, Outstanding Album and Outstanding Duo or Group for the album, a deluxe edition was released to iTunes on February 24,2009. In January 2002, Hudson signed her first recording contract with Righteous Records, in 2004, she was released from her five-year contract so that she could audition for the third season of American Idol in Atlanta. In November 2005, Hudson was cast in the role of Effie White for the adaptation of the musical Dreamgirls. The filmmakers insisted on casting an unknown in the role. 783 singing actresses auditioned for the role of Effie White, Hudson was selected to play Effie, leading Fantasia Barrino to telephone her and jokingly complain that she stole part. Her performance earned several prizes, including an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, a Golden Globe Award, a BAFTA Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award. Hudson won particular praise for her show-stopping onscreen rendition of the hit song, And I Am Telling You Im Not Going, the signature song of the role. Her rendition entered the Billboard Hot 100 at number 98 in the January 13,2007, in September 2006, Hudson performed the song Over It live on Fox Chicago Morning News. In the interview, she said that the song would be included on her first album, to be released in early 2007, in late November 2006, it was announced that Hudson has signed a recording contract with J Records, a label of the Sony BMG music conglomerate. Hudson spoke to Access Hollywood at the 2006 A Fine Romance event in Hollywood, exclaiming, My album, I just signed my record deal two weeks ago. So Im starting on that in January, the first single, Spotlight, written and produced by Ne-Yo and Stargate, was played on U. S. radio on June 9,2008, and the following day was available as a music download. The song peaked at number twenty-four on the Billboard Hot 100 and at one on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs. In September 2008, Spotlight reached number eleven on the UK Singles Chart, the second single, If This Isnt Love, was released on February 24,2009. My Heart was originally scheduled as the single and was due for an October 2008 release
10. Saturday Night (Jessica Mauboy song) – Saturday Night is a song by Australian recording artist Jessica Mauboy, featuring American rapper Ludacris. It was released as the single from Mauboys second studio album, Get Em Girls. The song was written by Angie Iron, Ludacris and Brian Kennedy, musically, Saturday Night is a dance-pop song that includes elements of electropop and techno in its instrumentation, it utilizes a synthesizer beat and heavy drums. Both Jessica Mauboy and Ludacriss vocals are Auto-Tuned, an accompanying music video was directed by Hype Williams, and features tinted lighting and fast-paced graphics throughout, the video went on to achieve over 1 million views on YouTube/Vevo. Saturday Night was nominated for Highest Selling Single at the 2011 ARIA Music Awards, Mauboy also recorded a simlish version of the song titled, Surbiduh Nye, for the video game, The Sims 3, Late Night. Saturday Night was written by Angie Iron, Brian Kennedy and Ludacris, with Kennedy also producing the track alongside Israel Cruz, the rap verse on the song was written by Ludacris. When Mauboy heard the verse, she was not happy with it and had Ludacris re-write it again. Saturday Night is written using E minor, D, and C chords in its intro and it is a dance-pop tune which features instrumentation from both keyboard and drums, and uses a synthesized backing. Both Jessica Mauboy and Ludacris use auto-tune, lyrically, the song is about Mauboy and her girlfriends getting ready to go to a party, and taking to the streets in their Aston Martin DB9. Ludacriss rap verse is somewhat more sexualized, Mauboy also recorded a simlish version of the song re-titled, Surbiduh Nye. The song was recorded to promote the video game, The Sims 3. Saturday Night was released digitally on 27 October 2010, and was sent to Australian contemporary hit radio on 1 November, majhid Heath of ABC Online Indigenous wrote that the song is a fun dance number thatll help start off the Saturday nights of teenagers across the country. The song was nominated for Single of 2010 at the 2010 IT List Awards, on July 5,2016, the staff at 105.7 FM listed Saturday Night as one of the Best Weekend Songs, commenting that the track is he essential girls night out anthem. Saturday Night debuted at number 13 on the ARIA Singles Chart on 22 November 2010 and it peaked at number seven on 27 December, where it remained for two consecutive weeks. Saturday Night was certified platinum by the Australian Recording Industry Association. The music video for the song was directed by Hype Williams and was filmed in Los Angeles along with the video for Get Em Girls and it premiered on YouTube on 11 November 2010. A second version of the video without a guest appearance from Ludacris, was released on 2 December 2010, throughout the video, it shows tinted lighting and fast paced graphics. The video features shots of Mauboy singing the song wearing a blue dress and large rounded earrings
11. Glamorous (Fergie song) – Glamorous is a song recorded by American singer and rapper Fergie for her debut studio album, The Dutchess. The song features vocals from American rapper Ludacris and it was released as the third single from The Dutchess worldwide except for in the United Kingdom, where it served as the second single. It was written by Fergie, Ludacris, will. i. am, Elvis Williams and Polow da Don, Glamorous is an airy R&B song that has a slower feel from the albums previous hip-hop and dance tinged singles. The lyrics deal with the protagonist staying rooted despite her success, the song achieved commercial success worldwide, peaking inside the top ten in several countries, including Australia and Ireland, it reached the top three on the singles charts. Glamorous peaked at one on the Billboard Hot 100 and became Fergies second number one hit on the chart as a solo artist. The music video for Glamorous features Fergie in scenes in which she portrays a successful actress, Glamorous was featured in the video game, Grand Theft Auto V, in the radio station Non Stop Pop FM. Glamorous was written by Stacy Ferguson, Jamal Jones, Will Adams, Elvis Williams, the production and drum programming was helmed by Jones under his stage-name Polow da Don. Adams, under his stage-name will. i. am, was in charge of the songs arrangement while Ron Fair produced the additional vocals present on the track, the song features co-writer Williams, who provided the keys, and Mike Hartnett, who played the guitars. The technical work performed on Glamorous includes engineering, which was orchestrated principally by Travis Daniels and was assisted by Mack Woodward, tal Herzberg, who has worked the Black Eyed Peas on previous studio recordings, performed additional engineering on the track with the use of Pro Tools. Tony Maserati was signed as the mix engineer while Ryan Kennedy assisted him at The Record Plant in Hollywood. The song was recorded at Tree Sound Studios in Atlanta, Georgia and The Record Plant in Hollywood. Glamorous was released as the single from The Dutchess, after London Bridge. A&M Records, together with will. i. am Music Group and Interscope Records, solicited the song to radios on January 23,2007. It was later released as a single around the world on March 16,2007 as a CD single, Glamorous is a downtempo R&B song that has a smooth, silky feel and contains elements of techno. Music critics likened the song to Gwen Stefanis Luxurious and Jennifer Lopezs Jenny from the Block, according to Dan Gennoe of Yahoo. Music, the song is comparable to the music of Janet Jackson, spence D. of IGN noted that the song contained a mid-1980s vibe and influences of musical works by Madonna and Prince. According to the music sheet published at Musicnotes. com by EMI Music Publishing. Having a beat measure of 130 beats per minute, it is set in common time, the vocals range from a low register of E3 to a high register of C5