Category:Songs written by Polow da Don
Pages in category "Songs written by Polow da Don"
The following 61 pages are in this category, out of 61 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 61 pages are in this category, out of 61 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. Already Taken – Already Taken is a song by American R&B singer Trey Songz. It was released as a download on iTunes on June 30,2010 as a single from the Step Up 3D soundtrack album and is also a bonus track on Trey Songz fourth album, Passion. A music video was shot and released on July 27,2010, Trey Songz started working on the song with mentor Shaliek Powell in 2010. The producer of Step Up 3D wanted Trey to contribute to the new soundtrack, Trey can be seen working on the song in an episode of his documentary series on BET entitled Trey Songz, My Moment. The song received airplay and the video was played heavily on TV. It peaked at number 39 on the R&B/Hip Hop charts, Trey Songz performed Already Taken live on the Jimmy Fallon show August 2,2010. A music video was shot and was directed by Philip Andelman, the video premiered via www. treysongz. com on July 27,2010. It also reached number #1 on the BETs 106 & Park countdown
2. Anaconda (Nicki Minaj song) – Anaconda is a song by Trinidadian-born American rapper Nicki Minaj, from her third studio album, The Pinkprint. It was released on August 4,2014 by Young Money Entertainment, Cash Money Records, the song was produced by Polow da Don, Anonymous, and Da Internz. The song heavily samples Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-a-Lot, the song peaked at number two on the US Billboard Hot 100, consequently becoming Minajs highest charting single in the United States to date. It went on to spend eight weeks in the top ten of the Hot 100 chart, the song also peaked within the top ten in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. An accompanying video for the song was directed by Colin Tilley, following the videos release, it broke the 24-hour streaming record on Vevo by accumulating 19.6 million views in its first day of release, being surpassed by Taylor Swifts Bad Blood in 2015. To further promote the song, Minaj performed it live at the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards and also performed it at Fashion Rocks, Anaconda was nominated for Best Rap Song at the 2015 Grammy Awards. The song was nominated for two categories at the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards, Best Female Video and Best Hip-Hop Video. On August 5,2014, producer Polow da Don claimed the Anaconda instrumental was originally intended for fellow rapper and musician Missy Elliott. The cover art for the single went viral on the web after being revealed, on various digital music stores, the cover art is censored with the Parental Advisory label over Minajs buttocks. The song heavily samples Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-a-Lot, who also has vocals in the chorus of the song, musically, the song is a hip hop and pop-rap song. The song is written in the key of C♯ minor with a tempo of 130 beats per minute, kory Grow from Rolling Stone praised the use of the Baby Got Back sample and said the song stayed true to the theme of the original. Kevin Goddard from HotNewHipHop said Nickis raunchy new version may be the big thing to hit the industry. Dan Reilly from Spin said Minaj takes the good Sirs 92 ode to protruding posteriors, amy Davidson from Digital Spy gave the song three stars out of five and said that Nickis breaking down barriers. Sir Mix-a-Lot said he had a new level of respect for Minaj after hearing the record. The song made Spins end of year The 101 Best Songs of 2014 list and it ranked #3 on the list of 101 entries and Spin herald it much more than just a song but a cultural movement. She was the rapper to make the top ten of the list as a lead artist. Anaconda was also placed at two on MTVs Best Songs of 2014. However, despite the reviews the song received negative reactions
3. Back to the Crib – Back to the Crib was the second single by American rapper Juelz Santana for his third album Born to Lose, Built to Win. It features American singer-songwriter Chris Brown in their second collaboration since Chris Browns Run It. in 2005, the song was produced by Polow Da Don. The music video directed by Clifton Bell was released December 14,2009, trav, Red Cafe, Tony Yayo, Lloyd Banks, DJ Envy, and Jim Jones appeared in the video. Popular models Kimbella and Rosa Acosta also made appearances in the video
4. Bad Girl (Rihanna song) – Bad Girl is a song initially recorded by Barbadian recording artist Rihanna and American recording artist Chris Brown for the soundtrack of the film Confessions of a Shopaholic. Their version of the song was excluded from the soundtrack, in favor of a performed by the American girl group The Pussycat Dolls. Rihanna and Browns version of the song was leaked on the internet on January 6,2009, the song is about an addiction to shopping, and more specifically, buying shoes and handbags. Rihanna and Browns version charted at number 55 on the US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs, Bad Girl was written by Chris Brown, Darnell Dalton, Eric Florence, Ester Dean, Jamal Jones and Lamar Raynard Taylor. Production of the song was helmed by Jones under his production name and it was recorded by Rihanna and Brown for inclusion on the soundtrack album for the film Confessions of a Shopaholic. So that night I went to the studio and I was telling Chris about, and he was like, Lets get on it. It was crazy, because Jerry Bruckheimers dream was to have a song from Rihanna, so they were like, Wow, thats crazy. He continued to explain how he, Rihanna and Brown developed the song in the studio, saying When her, Chris and myself were in the room. Thats when the music isnt work at all, Chris comes up with an idea, I come up with one. The song leaked on January 6,2009 and their version of the song was excluded from the soundtrack, in favor of a version performed by the American girl group The Pussycat Dolls. The lyrics of Bad Girl revolve around the protagonists addiction to shopping, particularly for shoes, ryan Brockington for the New York Post described Browns bridge as bouncy, and wrote that Rihannas vocals meshed perfectly with the lyrics. Brockington continued to express his distaste, writing Now I have to listen to some overproduced vocals by a pack of hyenas, michael Quinn for BBC Music was complimentary of The Pussycat Dolls cover, writing that their version managed to be sultry and raucous at the same time. Songwriting – Chris Brown, Darnell Dalton, Eric Florence, Ester Dean, Jamal Jones, Lamar Raynard Taylor. Production – Polow da Don Source, Following the leak of Rihanna and Chris Browns version of Bad Girl, it debuted at number 55 on the US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart on the week of February 28,2009
5. Battle Cry (Shontelle song) – Battle Cry is the third and final single released by Barbadian singer Shontelle from her album Shontelligence. It was the single taken from the album following T-Shirt. The song was sent to radio as the single in the US on June 9,2009 and was released in the UK as a digital single bundle on August 10,2009. Shontelle has since announced on her official Twitter page that Battle Cry will still be released as the third single. The song was released as a single in the U. S. on October 21,2008. The song was accompanied with a video featuring Shontelle and various clips in tribute to President Obama. The song failed to chart in the United States and you know, as soon as they told me that, I was like You dont even have to ASK. You can use ANY of my songs for ANYTHING to do with Barack Obama, in October 2008 Shontelle released a Battle Cry tribute video for Barack Obama on YouTube as it was featured on the compilation album Yes We Can, Voices of Grass Roots Movement. In May 2009, she shot the music video for the single release in Los Angeles. On June 26, Shontelles official music video for Battle Cry premiered on her official fansite, UK Digital Single Battle Cry Battle Cry UK Digital Single EP Battle Cry Battle Cry Battle Cry Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
6. Blindfold Me – Blindfold Me is a song by American singer Kelis from her fourth studio album, Kelis Was Here. An alternative version of the song featuring American rapper Nas was released on October 3,2006 as the second single in the United States. Lyrically, the song is about blindfolded sex, Kelis talks about how her lover experiments with her body, unaware of what to do, while Nas raps about the male experience and dominance of the act. Blindfold Me peaked at number 91 on Billboards Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, the music video for Blindfold Me was directed by Marc Klasfeld and filmed in September 2006 in Los Angeles. It premiered on BETs Access Granted on September 6,2006, the video opens with Kelis walking hesitantly into a parking lot at night, before a hooded man comes up behind her and covers her eyes with his hand, at which point she says, blindfold me. In the next shot, Kelis is tied to a chair in a space such as an empty warehouse or parking lot. The hooded figure reappears and moves Kelis hood so that her face is revealed blindfolded, the video is intercut with scenes of Kelis in several settings, including a beach, an ice cave, and a jungle, as well as lying down on a piece of black velvet. The hooded man is revealed to be Nas, who unties Kelis hands, has her stand and proceeds to perform his rap segment while she, still blindfolded. At the end of the video, Nas takes Kelis back to the parking lot as in the beginning. She takes the blindfold off and, smiling to herself, walks away, Blindfold Me –3,54 Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
7. Boy Looka Here – Boy Looka Here is the second single from the self-titled debut album by rap artist Rich Boy. The single was produced by Polow da Don, the video was recently released and features the Omega Psi Phi, Tuskegee University and Alabama A&M University marching band. This song was used in an Extreme Exposé segment at World Wrestling Entertainments pay-per-view No Way Out in February 2007, the song was also featured in the film Rocky Balboa. The video for the song was released in February 2007, Remix featuring Ja Rule and Harry-O Remix featuring Rasheeda Freestyle by Joe Budden Freestyle by Crooked I and The Horshoe Gang Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
8. Buttons (The Pussycat Dolls song) – Buttons is a song by American girl group the Pussycat Dolls from their debut studio album PCD. It was written by Sean Garrett, Jamal Jones, Jason Perry and Nicole Scherzinger and it was remixed with additional vocals from American rapper Snoop Dogg and was released as a digital download on April 11,2006 as the albums fourth single. Buttons contains elements of Middle Eastern music, while the songs lyrics speaks of a desire to be undressed. Critics were divided on Buttons with some complimenting the production, however. The song reached the top-five in countries such as Australia, Germany, the song reached number one in Austria and in New Zealand, where it became their fourth consecutive number one single on the chart. The sepia-toned music video directed by Francis Lawrence features The Pussycat Dolls in various dance sequences, other scenes include Scherzinger by herself singing the verses. Since its release, Buttons has become a staple in Scherzingers live performances and it was part of the set lists of the groups two major tours, PCD World Tour, Doll Domination Tour and Scherzingers own Killer Love Tour. It was nominated for two awards at the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards for Best Dance Video and Best Choreography, it won the former award. On December 19,2005, the Pussycat Dolls performed at the 2005 Radio Music Awards a racy rendition of Santa Baby were Snoop Dogg joined them dressed up as Santa Claus, following their performance, Interscope Records asked Snoop Dogg to be part of the song adding two verses. In February 2006 at the Grammy Style Studio event, Scherzinger announced that Snoop Dogg would be a guest in the remix exclaiming, Its the D-O-double-G, baby. Buttons was written by Sean Garrett, Jamal Jones, Jason Perry and Nicole Scherzinger, the vocal production of Buttons was completed by Fair while engineering was handled by J. D. Andrew, Mike Angry Eleopoulos and Pro Tools by Tal Herzberg and Young Smoke. It was mixed by Dave Pensado at Larabee Studios in Burbank, Buttons lasts three minutes and fifty-two seconds. It was written in the key of D minor with a signature in common time. The groups vocal range spans from the low note of G3 to the note of A4. The group takes a submissive stance towards Snoop Dogg who seems to be as the object of affection for the girls, spence D. of IGN wrote that its familiar and funky, but it doesnt present anything new to the realm of female soul pop. Sputnikmusics Nick Butler in a review for PCD wrote that Buttons along with Bite the Dust, however he did later write that theyre enjoyable enough. Sal Cinquemani of Slant Magazine described Buttons and Beep as degrading material while noted that are a bit easier to swallow thanks, in part, miriam Zendle of Digital Spy described the song as horrible and horrible as Dont Cha awarding it 1 out 5 stars. Vibe magazine listed it as the 28th best song of the year, rolling Stone ranked Buttons at number 91 on their 100 Best Songs of the Year list for its snaky synths, hot chorus, Snoop cameo, from a horny-girl-group
9. Calling All Lovers – Calling All Lovers is the fourth studio album by American R&B singer Tamar Braxton. It was released on October 2,2015, by Epic Records, on October 7,2014, Braxtons single, Let Me Know featuring Future, was released. The song peaked at number 2 on the Billboards Trending 140 Chart, less than an hour, after its premiere on Braxtons official SoundCloud account and it eventually reached at number one by 12,00 AM. Billboard. com gave the song 4 out of 5 stars in its review of The Best and Worst Singles of the Week for the week of October 2014. On September 6,2015, Target confirmed that Calling All Lovers would miss its scheduled date of September 11,2015 due to a street date change. On September 11,2015, the version of the album became available for pre-order on iTunes with a track listing of 16 items. Let Me Know was released on October 7,2014 as the lead single. The song samples late R&B singer Aaliyah 1994 hit single At Your Best, If I Dont Have You was released as the albums second single on May 27,2015. The music video for If I Dont Have You was released on VEVO on July 9,2015, the song peaked at number 19 on the US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay charts on the week of August 15,2015. Catfish was released as the first promotional single on September 12,2015, Angels & Demons, was released as the second promotional single on September 18,2015. The music video for Angels & Demons was released on VEVO on September 17,2015, Circles was released as the final promotional single from Calling All Lovers on September 25,2015. The album debuted at number 5 on the US Billboard 200, the album also peaked at number 2 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums and number 16 on the UK R&B Albums charts. Its second single If I Dont Have You was nominated for Best R&B Performance at the 58th Annual Grammy Awards, Calling All Lovers was met with generally positive reviews from music critics. After those three songs, the album stabilizes, sliding between a number of ballads and sophisticated but bumping slow jams. Heartache prevails during the first half and crests with Never, an authoritative, the latter half is mostly about devotion and awe, while the back-to-back Love It and Must Be Good to You turn it up several degrees with Braxton offering firm declarations of her sexual power. Braxton performed If I Dont Have You at the BETs 15th Annual Awards 2015 on June 28,2015, Braxton performed King on the daytime show, The Real on September 14,2015. Braxton performed Circles on The Wendy Williams Show on October 1,2015, I Love You contains a portion of the composition If Only for One Night, written by Brenda Gordon Russell. Let Me Know samples You Are Love performed by Aaliyah, written by Ronald Isley, Ernie Isley, Rudolph Isley, OKelly Isley, Jr. and Chris Jasper