Category:Songs written by Steve Mac
Pages in category "Songs written by Steve Mac"
The following 89 pages are in this category, out of 89 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 89 pages are in this category, out of 89 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. Flying Without Wings – Flying Without Wings is a song released by Irish boy band Westlife and it was the third single from their self-titled debut studio album. The song was written by Wayne Hector and Steve Mac. ”Upon returning to England, when the two discussed what the song was about they agreed that, this is about our wives. This is about the things that make our lives complete, according to Hector the lyrics were completed in about half an hour. The song became an instant hit in the United Kingdom and many parts of the world, the song became the groups third UK number-one single, spending 13 weeks on charts. It is also one of Westlifes biggest selling singles, the song has received a Gold sales certification in the UK for over 400,000 copies sold. 1 album, the band re-recorded the song as a duet with Mexican singer Cristian Castro and South Korean pop singer, both duets were included on the album in their respective regions. Both duets were released as singles in their respective regions. It was recorded during their tour in Stockholm Globe Arena and their live version peaked at number one in UK Singles Chart and was the first ever number one in the UK downloads chart. UK Flying Without Wings A karaoke version of Flying Without Wings was released on DVD in 2000 and it includes easy to read lyrics, photographs & interactive menus, picture sleeve. It has a time of 45 minutes. It also featured in the 2000 Australian film The Magic Pudding and 2000 French film Archibald the Koala, Flying Without Wings was covered by American Idol winner Ruben Studdard as his debut single in 2003. The single was released on June 10 and charted at number two on the Billboard Hot 100 on June 28, behind This Is the Night by Clay Aiken. Flying Without Wings also gained attention on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks chart, peaking at number thirteen and it was also released in New Zealand and reached number two behind Clay Aiken. The single had sold 751,000 copies through December 2006 and this version of the song also appears on the game Karaoke Revolution Presents, American Idol
2. Ego (The Saturdays song) – Ego is the second official single from girl group The Saturdays second studio album, Wordshaker, and their seventh single overall. The song is an electropop song. The song was written by Steve Mac and co-written by Ina Wroldsen and Rhys Barker, the song was produced by Steve Mac. It was released onto radio station on 25 November 2009, the single was released by Fascination and Polydor Records on 3 January 2010 as the second single from Wordshaker. It was accompanied by a B-side entitled Flashback, written and produced by Steve Mac, the Saturdays collaborated with Ina Wroldsen and Rhys Barker again, The song has prominent electropop, dance-pop and synthpop genre characteristics. Its lyrics refer to a relationship with someone who has a big ego. The music video accompanying Ego was directed by Mike Simpson and Robin Van Calcar, the video features The Saturdays in superhero outfits, many meetings where the paparazzi are trying to interview a member of the group. Ego was performed by The Saturdays as part of their setlist on the Headlines, the band also appeared on Dancing on Ice, GMTV and Blue Peter. I started playing along to it and then Ina started singing along, no drums were ever put down. Once we finished writing the song together, Ina laid a guide vocal over the top of the sound and then went away and left me. So it really was built from that sound, it’s an Eurythmics kind of sound. Ego follows a progression of, Bm-G-D-Bm-G. The band recorded a song for the singles B-side which was later titled Flashback, which was recorded on 19 October and on the same day. On 17 November, however, the release date of Ego was pushed back. The band decided that Ego would be the single from their second studio album. Carla Pearce of FemaleFirst mentioned that the single Combines infectious synthesised riffs with a beat to create a riot of a track that will no doubt become another smash hit. Nick Levine of Digital Spy award the song 3/5 stars describing the chorus as catchy enough, updateTheBeat stated that Ego was a women-empowerment and it has the potential to be a number-one single. They went on to say, The heavy beat is the first thing to strike you, as the girls warble away chanting, if I was to describe the song in one word it would have to be- confident
3. Good Time (Inna song) – Good Time is a song recorded by Romanian recording artist Inna for Body and the Sun —the Japanese counterpart of her fourth studio album, Inna —and Party Never Ends. Featuring the vocals of American rapper Pitbull, it was available for digital download on 15 July 2014 through Atlantic Records. Good Time—an uptempo dance-pop track featuring hedonistic and cheerful lyrics—was written by Steve Mac, Pitbull and Ina Wroldsen, while being solely produced by Mac. Music critics met Good Time with mixed reviews, with some of them calling it addictive and a future hit, but also criticizing it for being a filler track on its parent album. An accompanying music video for the recording was uploaded on 28 July 2014 onto Innas YouTube channel, the visual portrays the singer performing to the song with fellow backup dancers according to what cameras order them to do by displaying words or phrases. Commercially, Good Time didnt experience much success on charts, with it only reaching the top seventy of the charts in native Romania and Belgium. In order to promote the track, Inna performed it during several of her concert tours that served to accompany Inna and Body and the Sun, Good Time was further used for American sitcom Young & Hungry, and for American film Pitch Perfect 2. Good Time marks the second time Inna and Pitbull collaborated on a recording, prior to the release of Good Time, Inna stated in an interview with Direct Lyrics on April 14,2015 that really different from all the songs released so far. It has a vibe, its special, danced like crazy for 8-9 days with choreographer to learn the routine for lyric video. Following this, the recording was released on 15 July 2014 in multiple countries through Atlantic Records, on iTunes Store, Good Time was written by Steve Mac, Armando C. Perez and Ina Wroldsen, with Mac solely producing the track, the uptempo recording is of dance-pop genre, featuring the use of trumpets alongside hedonistic and cheerful simple lyrics. Pitbull introduces the track by rapping An international sensation, while Inna sings Say he ho he ho he ho, come on everybody by the pre-chorus. Direct Lyrics described Good Time as a song, saying that its sound was a new territory for Inna. Upon its release, Good Time received mixed reviews from music critics, Direct Lyrics praised the collaboration with Pitbull for the song, further labeling its chorus as addictive and bubbly, and expecting it to become a bona-fide summer hit. Romanian website Romania-Insider stated that they were not impressed by the track, german music website Hitfire criticized Pitbulls vocals on the recording, which they called a filler track for her album, they were positive towards its earwormy refrain. French publication Jukebox saw Good Time as a hit, while Japanese website iFlyer called its sound dinstinctive. French music portal Musique Mag praised the songs entertaining lyrics, Say he ho he ho he ho, commercially, Good Time didnt experience much success on record charts. On Russias Tophit, Good Time made its debut at number 309 on 5 October 2014, with it climbing to its highest position at number 201, it remained there for two weeks
4. Love Me Like You – Love Me Like You is a song recorded by British girl group Little Mix for their third studio album, Get Weird. The song was released on 25 September 2015, as the single from the album. Produced by Steve Mac, he co-wrote the song with Iain James, Camille Purcell, backed by an instrumental of pianos, bells, sax and percussion, the song is a down-tempo retro homage to doo-wop, with lyrics about puppy love. Its composition was compared by critics to Motown artists of the 1950s and 1960s, namely The Ronettes, The Supremes. Critical response to Love Me Like You was positive, critics praised its vintage style and it reached number 11 on the UK Singles Chart and has been certified gold by the BPI. The accompanying music video for the song was set at a school dance. Unbeknownst to each member of the group, they had invited to attend by the same date after previously meeting him in different situations. He arrives with another girl near the end of the night, and they realise that he had all been invited by the same guy, and end up dateless. Little Mix have performed the track on both the Australian and British versions of The X Factor and on Good Morning America in the United States. Love Me Like You was written by Steve Mac, Camille Purcell, Iain James and James Newman for Little Mixs third studio album, Get Weird. It was published by Rokstone Music Ltd. under exclusive licence to BMG Rights Management Ltd, Kobalt Music Group, Sony/ATV Music Publishing, Black Butter Music Publishing, the song was produced by Mac and mixed by Serban Ghenea at Mixstar Studios in Virginia Beach, Virginia. It was engineered for mixing by John Hanes and engineered by Chris Laws and Dann Pursey, the track was recorded at Rokstone Studios in London. The keyboards were performed by Mac, and the guitars were played by Paul Gendler, Laws and Pursey performed the drums and the percussion, respectively. It was released by Syco and Columbia in Ireland and the United Kingdom on 25 September 2015, the singles artwork was released on the same day. M magazine writer Heather Thompson described the artwork as vibrant, a collection of alternate versions called Love Me Like You was also released in Australia and New Zealand in addition to Ireland and the United Kingdom on 16 October 2015. It consists of a Christmas mix, several remixes and a version of Love Me Like You. Love Me Like You has been described as a ode to 60s doo-wop retro style pop song. The song is composed in the key of G major using common time, instrumentation is provided by vintage pianos, bells and a pumping tenor sax
5. All Time Low (The Wanted song) – All Time Low is a song by British-Irish boy band The Wanted, written by Steve Mac, Wayne Hector and Ed Drewett. It was released on 25 July 2010 as the single from their self-titled debut album The Wanted. The song peaked at one on the UK Singles Chart. All Time Low is upbeat with prominent dance-pop musical characteristics and it has so far garnered a positive response from contemporary music critics. The song was accompanied by a video which was released on 3 June 2010. On 2 July 2010, BBC online magazine Slink used All Time Low in their Snapped feature. All Time Low was also released as the debut single in the United States on 1 July 2011, also becoming the lead single from the groups debut stateside release. After forming and being signed to Geffen Records in 2010 through mass auditioning and it was one of six songs recorded by the band at the time for their debut album due for release in late 2010. The track was co-written by its producer Steve Mac in collaboration with Wayne Hector and it was mixed by Dann Pursey and Ren Swan. Lyrically, All Time Low is written in reference to rising from the difficulty of having someone special constantly on your mind, orange UK described All Time Low as having a lovesick theme to it. All Time Low acts as The Wanteds debut single and first single from their debut album, the single was first released on digital download format in Ireland and the United Kingdom on 25 July 2010. The following day, All Time Low was released on CD single format in countries on 26 July 2010. In August 2010, they performed the song in Hannover, Germany at The Dome 55, on 11 September 2010, they performed the song at the Freedom Festival in Hull alongside Heart Vacancy and Lose My Mind. In the United States, the single was released on 1 July 2011, however, All Time Low received critical praise from Ryan Love of Digital Spy who gave the song a four out of five star rating. Love described the song as a bit of a surprise and gave praise to its opening quite simply immense strings, Love went on to call the song a fresh n fizzy indie-tinged pop gem. The telltale signs are there in the riff, and the mature, subtle way they approach the singing. He went on to say that the song was good despite sampling a melody from Coldplays The Scientist, mcAlpine added that the song boasts a memorable line with a devilish internal rhyme, Im in pieces, it seems like peace is the only thing Ill never know. All Time Low debuted at one on the UK Singles Chart
6. Glad You Came – Glad You Came is a song by British-Irish boy band The Wanted, taken as the second single from their second studio album, Battleground. It was released on 10 July 2011, the song was written by Steve Mac, Wayne Hector and Ed Drewett, and was produced by Steve Mac. The song was written and produced by Steve Mac and it serves as the second single from The Wanteds second album, Battleground which was released on 7 November 2011. Band member Tom Parker said of the song, We all felt it was a new, refreshing sound, the song premiered on the radio on 24 May 2011. The song was remixed by Alex Gaudino. The American television series Glee covered the track in the episode On My Way and it was performed at the Regionals competition between New Directions and the Dalton Academy Warblers. My universe will never be the same/ Im glad you came, the result is their catchiest effort since All Time Low, though on repeated listens were not buying this innocent act theyre sporting one bit. David Griffiths wrote for 4Music that the song is definitely their most danceable effort to date and he praised Maxs solo in the beginning and also praised the keyboard hook that nearly steals the show from the group. To conclude, he wrote that Glad You Came is a cheerful, uptempo tune that is easy to dance with, and it is little more than that. Rolling Stone named Glad You Came the forty-fourth best song of 2012, Glad You Came debuted at number one in Ireland, making it the bands first number-one single in the country. The song was at one for five weeks. In the United Kingdom, the song debuted at one with first-week sales of over 117,000 copies. As of April 2014, it is their single to date with 590,000 copies sold in the UK. In Australia the song was certified Gold for shipping 35,000 copies and this record was broken by fellow British-Irish boy band One Direction when their single Best Song Ever peaked at number two on the Billboard Hot 100 in July 2013. As of May 2013, the song has sold 3,600,000 copies in the United States, the song was the best-selling song by a boy band in digital history before One Directions What Makes You Beautiful overtook its sales in July 2012. Glad You Came is to date The Wanteds only top 40 hit in the United States, the music video was created by Director X and was filmed in Ibiza, Spain. It sees the band on the beach, in a club and it was uploaded to YouTube on 10 June 2011. Jay McGuiness revealed to MTV UK, The theory of the video was take The Wanted to Ibiza and just film everything, but the girls were models, they werent just girls we picked
7. Gold Forever – Gold Forever is a dance-pop song by British-Irish boy band The Wanted. It was produced by Steve Mac, who also co-wrote the song with Wayne Hector and it was also the official 2011 Comic Relief charity single. Gold Forever debuted at three on the UK Singles Chart, becoming the bands third top-ten single. Gold Forever was written by Steve Mac, Wayne Hector and Claude Kelly, Steve Mac and Wayne Hector previously wrote the bands debut single All Time Low which charted at number one in the UK. It was announced as the single from The Wanteds upcoming second studio album. It was described as a ballad you can rave to, band member Max George explained the meaning of the song, This song is about a day in your life that you never forget. Its an upbeat, feel-good track and our favourite so far, were really excited to get it out there, and delighted that it is supporting such a great cause. Some of the video was filmed on the same set as the film The Kings Speech. The Wanted performed Gold Forever live on Red Nose Day 2011 on 18 March 2011 and they also performed it live on BBC Radio 1s Live Lounge on 16 March 2011. Ann Lee of Metro gave the song a negative review writing, fans of dance tracks tinged with a soppy edge and cheesy Euro beats will like this. On 20 March, Gold Forever entered the UK Singles Chart at number 3, behind Adeles Someone Like You, the song slipped to number 4 the following week
8. Gotta Be You (One Direction song) – Gotta Be You is a song by English-Irish boy band One Direction from their debut studio album, Up All Night. Written by August Rigo and the producer, Steve Mac, it was released in the United Kingdom by Syco Music in November 2011. The track is a pop rock ballad incorporating an orchestral arrangement. The lyrical content is characterised by love sentiments, the single debuted and peaked at number three in both the United Kingdom and Ireland, marking the groups second top ten appearance in both countries. Upon the United States release of Up All Night, Gotta Be You peaked at number 24 on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles chart, directed by John Urbano, the accompanying music video depicts the group spending time on the banks of Lake Placid, New York. One Direction performed the ballad on televised programmes and during their Up All Night Tour, after being formed and finishing third in the seventh series of The X Factor in 2010, One Direction were signed to Syco Music. The number was written by August Rigo and Steve Mac, and was produced by Mac, member Zayn Malik, in an October interview with Digital Spy, characterised Gotta Be You as a bit more emotive than their debut single. It was released by Syco Music via digital download in Ireland and United Kingdom on 11 November 2011 and 13 November, in both countries, the digital download contains the principal recording, its B-side, Another World, and two remixes of the song itself. Gotta Be You is a pop rock ballad. According to the sheet music published at Musicnotes. com by Sony/ATV Music Publishing. Written in the key of Ab major, the song is set in time at a moderate tempo of 85 beats per minute. Set in an arrangement, its instrumentation includes a guitar, piano lines. The chorus of the opens with falsettos that are followed by vocal harmonies. The lyrical content is characterised by love notions and prominently revolves around its main declaration, Its gotta be you, billboard reviewer Jason Lipshutz commended the vocal elements at play in its refrain and the tracks smooth lyricism. Robert Copsey for Digital Spy opined that the singles memorable refrain is its strongest attribute, Matthew Horton of Virgin Media classified the song as one of the records superior tracks, and credited the ballad with keeping the albums pecker up. Cosmopolitans Sarah Kwong lauded the lyrics and instrumentation of Gotta Be You, writing for Allmusic, Matthew Chisling, however, described the ballad as a bit tepid. Gotta Be You debuted and peaked at three on the Irish Singles Chart on the chart dated 17 November 2011, marking the groups second top five appearance in Ireland. In the United Kingdom, the piece sold substantially less than their first single What Makes You Beautiful, the song marks their second top ten hit and was One Directions third best-selling track in the UK by August 2012
9. Like U Like – Like U Like is a song by British recording artist Aggro Santos featuring Girls Aloud member Kimberley Walsh. The song was written by Steve Mac, Wayne Hector and Aggro Santos and produced by Mac for his debut album, after Santos mentioned to Gary Barlow that he was interested in making a duet with Walsh, Barlow contacted Walsh and sorted out their duet. Originally Walshs part was sung by a male, the song uses synth noises while Walshs voice was described by reviewers as sultry and monotone. The song received mixed to positive reviews from critics complimenting on the synth noises, an accompanying music video, directed by the Lennox Brothers, sees Santos trying to win Walshs affections during speed dating. It was noted that Walsh looked like her band-mate Cheryl Cole, the single entered at number eight and thirteen on the UK Singles Chart and Irish Singles Chart, respectively. In an interview with MTV United Kingdom, Santos revealed that Walsh replaced a male vocalist on the song, I think it suits a girls vocal more. It’s more of a song and Kimberley did a great job on the vocals. He also said that Gary Barlow had sorted out the duet, I was a big fan of Girls Aloud for years and I mentioned that to Gary Barlow who is a friend of Kim’s. I said I would be up for working with her and he spoke to her and she was up for it, so we made Like U Like. Like U Like is a song which uses grinding synths, techno bleeps. The song was written by Mac, Hector and Santos, according to Sarah-Louise James from Daily Star Walsh has a monotone voice. Aggro Santos said that Like U Like more pop, bubbly and commercial than my last track, robert Copsey from Digital Spy wrote sultry tones garnishing Like U Likes spicy mix of grinding synths, techno bleeps and catchy hand-claps in oh-so tasty fashion. Leanne Rain of Hive Magazine praised the song, single has all the ingredients of a pop classic, and possesses one of the biggest pop hooks of the year. Other critics criticized on Walshes appearance, jon OBrien from AllMusic said, wont exactly threaten Cheryl Coles status as the bands chief success. He also described Like U Like as a tuneless dirge, rach Read from Teentoday. co. uk also commented about Walsh appearance. The only thing Morwenna Ferrier from The Guardian said was that Santos raps like he has chips stuffed in his cheeks, the music video for Like U Like was directed by the Lennox Brothers. The video features Santos adopting a variety of different looks to try to win the affections of Walsh during speed dating, rach Read from Teentoday. co. uk described the speed dating as the worst speed-dating session in the world because every other participant seems to be Aggro himself. A reviewer from Sugar Magazine said that he loved the video particularly commenting on Kimberleys dance moves
10. My Heart Takes Over – My Heart Takes Over is the third and final single released from English-Irish girl group The Saturdays third studio album On Your Radar. The single is their single released to date. The single was released on 13 November 2011 in the UK and it debuted and peaked at number 15 in the UK singles chart on 20 November 2011. However, on 1 November 2011, the performed the track in the center of Oxford Street during the Christmas Lights switch-on. Following this, on 18 November 2011 The Saturdays performed the song at the Children in Need event, as well as on Loose Women, the band also performed the track during the All Fired Up Tour which took place throughout December. The tour was used as a key source of promotion for the song, on tour, the band performed the song in female Santa Claus outfit, whilst filling the arenas, such as Wembley Arena with snow. The girls flew over to Iceland on 30 September 2011 to shoot the video for the song