Category:Taiwanese film actresses
Pages in category "Taiwanese film actresses"
The following 147 pages are in this category, out of 147 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 147 pages are in this category, out of 147 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. Ella Chen – Chen Chia-Hwa, mononymouly credited as Ella, is a Taiwanese singer, actress, and TV host. She is the oldest member of Taiwanese girl group S. H. E and her name Ella, which means courage, was given after the personality test given by HIM Management Co. Her English name before entering the industry was Water, when she traveled with her sister to Taipei for a holiday, Ella discovered that her older sister had registered her for a singing competition. Intimidated by the line of contestants and worried of facing ridicule for her tomboy personality. Her older sister, however, convinced her to stay, Ellas deep voice caught the labels attention, and she reached the final round. Her alto voice was noted for its strong and beautiful nature, following the conclusion of the contest, Ella returned to her duties at a local hospital, but received a call from HIM International requesting an additional audition. After test recordings were done, Ella signed on as part of HIMs newest girl group, however, as S. H. Es autograph sessions drew larger audiences, Ella reverted to her simpler, English signature. During her career with S. H. E, Ella has been the most accident-prone member. On July 29,2003 she was sent to the hospital after jumping from the story of a building and injuring her spine while filming a variety program as the two other members refused to jump. She returned three weeks later to promote Super Star, in 2005, during the filming of Reaching for the Stars, Ella burned her ears and hair on a candle, prompting crew members to send her to the National Taiwan University Hospital. In order to recover, Ella stayed away from filming for two days, during which she cut off approximately two centimeters of burnt hair on both sides of her head, in 2007, Chen was voted by online fans as Taiwans most down-to-earth artist. Out of the three members of S. H. E, Ella is the most outspoken, since the release of S. H. Es first album in 2001, Ella has usually been the one to answer reporters questions. As the tomboy of S. H. E, Ella is frequently the subject of jokes targeting her gender and sexual orientation, netizens even labelled her one of Chinas Four Main Tomboys of the past century. Her unusually deep voice earned her a role as the voice of Arthur in the Mandarin version of Arthur. The drama was voted the Most Popular Drama in Golden Bell Awards, in 2005, Ella did a drama series with her S. H. In 2006, Ella accepted a series that sealed the deal that she was indeed one of the idol drama queens in Taiwan. Hanazakarino Kimitachihe gained extraordinary fame and made her team-up with Wu Chun a loveteam to beat,2010 marked Ellas return to the drama series arena when with Jerry Yan, she led the cast of Down With Love. Again, she showed a strength to draw a large number of audience because of its success despite of being leaked before the 3rd episode was aired
2. Puff Kuo – Puff Kuo is a Taiwanese model, actress, singer and the youngest member of Taiwanese girl group Dream Girls. In 2008, Puff Kuo is discovered by scouts and soon makes her fast food brand advertising shoot debut, in 2010, Guo Xue Fu and her two female artists composed their Dream Girls group entered the music scene. In 2011, with the Dream Girls released their debut EP Dream Girls, in 2013, Puff Kuo to get tops the list of FHM Taiwan’s 100 Sexiest Women in the World. Kuo held on to her title when in 2014 she was again voted FHM Taiwan’s 100 Sexiest Women. In 2015, she topped the list of FHM Taiwan’s 100 Sexiest Women in the World. By 2016, she was due to participate in the variety show Mars Intelligence Agency in the Mainland for more attention, Kuo speaks Mandarin, Taiwanese, minimal Korean and minimal English. Puff Kuo was born on June 30,1988 in Gongliao District, New Taipei City and her current step-mother is from her fathers second marriage. Her biological mother died from breast cancer when she was 9, Puff Kuo debuted as a commercial model in 2008. Her first television appearance was in a McDonalds commercial that aired in Taiwan, after her commercial appearance she was then discovered by Dorian Entertainment who she signed on as her management company. During this time, she and her group members Tia Lee. Kuo had several appearances in variety shows such as Guess, 100% Entertainment, in December 2011, Kuo had her first acting role in SETTVs drama Inborn Pair playing the 2nd lead actress role as Li Er, the daughter of a triad boss. Inborn Pair was a success and saw the boost in popularity of its stars. In 2012, Kuo starred in her first theatrical role as Lan Yi Qíng in Silent Code. That same year she starred in another SETTV drama entitled Miss Rose playing the role as Vivian Jiang. In December, Guo Xue Fu and with Dream Girls released their second group EP Girls Talk, Kuo started 2013 in a cameo role playing herself as a member of Dream Girls in Fabulous Boys, the Taiwanese remake of the popular Korean idol drama Youre Beautiful. The Kuo and Yan pairing was well received and the two won the Best Screen Couple Award at the 2013 Sanlih Drama Awards, super Juniors Kim Heechul appeared as Kuos make believe husband in the variety show that features the pretend married lives of celebrity idols from different countries. Her appearance on the variety show helped boast her popularity outside of Taiwan, however, in April 2014 a month after turning down the lead role in Fall in Love with Me, Kuo was offered the lead role in another SETTV drama named Pleasantly Surprised, which she accepted. This caused her unable to attend most of the events for Pleasantly Surprised
3. Amber An – Amber An, born Liao Ching-ling, is a Taiwanese model, singer and actress. She gained widespread fame in Taiwan after wearing just a C-string on the cover of Next Magazine in 2009—because of it, in 2011, An was voted the worlds sexiest woman in the Taiwanese version of magazine FHM. She started her career by releasing her first album on August. Later that year, she signed a NT$1 million contract with Reebok to become its Taiwanese ambassador, then she became part of a polemic when Next reported she was coerced by Reeboks manager Tony Zhao to sprawl on the ground wearing only shoes. It eventually led to a war between fans of An and Malaysian singer Fish Leong, who is Zhaos wife, and Leong manager accused An of creating publicity. After a year and half in the making, An released her album in January 2013. As of 2014, she was a Taiwan Fund for Children and her third album was released in October 2014 after An wrote the lyrics in almost half a year. In it, she tried to focus more on arts rhythm of the steps of a dance in order to show an aspect of hers in terms of style of music
4. Larisa Bakurova – Larisa Angela Bakurova is a Ukrainian actress and model based in Taiwan. Besides her modeling engagements, she has appeared in supporting roles for the Taiwanese drama They Kiss Again, in 2012, Bakurova starred in the film Young Dudes directed by DJ Chen Yin-Jung. Bakurova was a rhythmic gymnast from ages 3–15 and won numerous national competitions. She was Miss Kiev at age 18, Bakurova is a graduate of Odessa National Economics University, where she holds a masters degree in economics. As of June 2013, Bakurova holds the Taiwan Permanent Resident Certificate and she married a Taiwanese national in 2015 and gave birth to a daughter in 2016. Larisa Bakurova at the Internet Movie Database Official Fan Page
5. Angela Chang – Angela Chang is a Taiwanese singer and actress. Her song Invisible Wings is widely regarded as her greatest masterpiece and her parents are 張志宏 and 姜柔伊. She has a younger sister Connie and a younger brother, Chang is a Hakka from Zhongli, Taoyuan. At 10 years old, she moved to Singapore to study, a few months later she moved back to Zhongli because she was not able to adapt there. Her family later migrated to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada and she studied in Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School. She has been nominated twice for Best Actress at the Golden Bell Awards in Taiwan, Angela Chang on Sina Weibo Angela Chang on Tencent Weibo Angela Chang on Facebook
6. John Chiang (Taiwan) – John Chiang or Chiang Hsiao-yen, formerly surnamed Chang, is a Kuomintang politician in Taiwan. He is the grandson of Chiang Kai-shek, former leader of the Republic of China and he and his identical twin brother, Winston Chang, both illegitimate, were born the sons of Chiang Ching-kuo and his mistress Chang Ya-juo in Guilin amid the Sino-Japanese War. Chang Ya-juo died when the brothers were one year old in August 1942 and their uncle and aunt were listed as their natural parents on official documents until December 2002, when the true parents were listed. Chou Chin-hua, the maternal grandmother, and the 7-year-old brothers moved to Taiwan amid the Chinese Civil War. They were not informed that Chiang Ching-kuo was their father until they were in high school, the Chang brothers went to Soochow University at the same time. John later obtained an M. S. from Georgetown University, with Helen H. Huang, he has two daughters, Hui-lan and Hui-yun, and a son, Wan-an. In March 2005, he changed his surname to Chiang, saying, The change represents a respect for history, a return to the facts. He also announced that his children would follow suit, Chiang began his career in the foreign service, serving in the ROC embassy in Washington, DC from 1974 to 1977. In the 1980s, he held administrative posts in the ROC Foreign Ministry specializing in North American Affairs. He was Administrative Vice Minister from 1986 to 1990, Director General, of the Overseas Affairs Department in 1990, in 1993 he was appointed to the cabinet-level post of Chairman of the Overseas Chinese Affairs Commission and served as a member of the KMT Central Standing Committee. He was selected a member of the National Assembly in 1996 and he was Foreign Minister from 1996 to 1997, vice premier in 1997, and Secretary-General of the presidential office in 1999. He was speculated as a running mate for Lien Chan on the KMT ticket in the 2000 presidential elections until a sex scandal involving a mistress caused him to resign on 22 December 1999. His alleged mistress strenuously denied the allegations, filing suit against the newspaper which had named her, Chang announced his candidacy for the December 2001 legislative elections in March 2001. One of his opponents in the December 2001 elections was his alleged 1999 mistress and he served as the Chairman of Interior Affairs Committee while in the legislature. In January 2006, Chiang declared his candidacy as a KMT candidate for the Taipei Mayor, at the end of March 2007, Chiang staged a rally at the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall in support of his grandfather, late President Chiang Kai-shek. In the 2008 Republic of China legislative election, John Chiang won re-election in his district of Taipei City North, the poll was made binding for the KMT nomination and Lo Shu-lei was later elected to the Legislative Yuan. Chiang Wan-an subsequently won the KMT primary in May 2015, quickly gaining name recognition thanks in part to his chats with prospective voters as they waited for garbage trucks, John Chiangs participation in his sons campaign was limited to moral support and babysitting his sons grandchildren. John Chiang has said that the Diaoyu islands, which are disputed between the Republic of China and Japan, belong to all Chinese people
7. Sylvia Chang – Sylvia Chang Ai-chia is a Taiwanese actress, writer, singer, producer and director. In 1992, she was a member of the jury at the 42nd Berlin International Film Festival, Sylvia Chang was born in Chiayi, Taiwan and went off to school, until she was 16, where upon she dropped out and started her career as a radio DJ. When she was 18 years old she acted in her first film, Chang acted in her first film, The Tattooed Dragon, when she was 18 years old. In her most recent film,203040, she played the 40-year-old woman protagonist, wrote, Chang often attempted to do her own stunts in the four-part TV series Aces Go Places. She stated in an interview with film editor Clarence Tsui, I still think Hong Kongs film industry is male-dominated and she also believes that There arent many male filmmakers who would write scripts for women. She helped write the script of Run Papa Run, based on the novel by Benny Li Shuan Yan, that follows a man who belongs to the Triad and the relationship he has with his mother, wife, and daughter. Chang said in an interview that, I thought why dont I explore the gentler side of men, Chang first began performing in theatre productions more than 30 years ago. She returned to the stage in the production of Design For Living that premiered in November 2008, critics have remarked upon the versatility in her roles along with her willingness to always try for something new. Chang is also a singer and her music has become popular in karaoke, in the 1980s, Changs second film to direct, Passion, which she wrote and also starred in, won the Hong Kong Film Award for Best Actress. She has stated, I had never went to any school as a director or a filmmaker, for a time, Chang was the head producer of New Cinema City in Taiwan, but left a few years after joining. Chang once said of her films that, Ive always felt that animation or special effects shouldnt just be limited to science-fiction films, dramas can also play around with them. One critic wrote of her, that In an industry that kisses young actresses with celebrity, then swallows them and spits them out and she is the only Hong Kong actress of her generation—the early 70s—to keep starring in movies. Changs films have even been accepted into the London and Toronto International film Festivals and she has served on the jury for the Berlin Film Festival. She also holds the record for the most nominations for Hong Kong Film Award for Best Actress, Chang is an advocate and a life-long volunteer for World Vision International, the humanitarian aid, development, and advocacy organization. She created an advertisement, sponsored by World Vision, to promote the company and she is a member and advocate for the World Vision-sponsored 30 Hour Famine. Sylvia Chang is married to businessman Wang Ching Hung and they have one son, in July 2000, Sylvia Changs nine-year-old son Oscar was kidnapped and held for a ransom of HK $15 million. The police found him after a few days, safe, change stated, With your life, you have to move on, theres no other choice, so, out of no choice, then, its a matter of your attitude. Clarify or elaborate 1992 The Price of Love Sylvia Chang at the Internet Movie Database
8. Annie Chen – Annie Chen, is a Taiwanese model, actress, and endorser. She was the first person to win at the The First Kaiwo Phantasy Star CatwalkGirl modelling contest in 2007, a year later, she made her acting debut in Prince + Princess 2, playing the lead role Zhao Ke Rou. Annie Chen was born on April 28,1989 in Taichung, Chen has stated in interviews that she was conceived through in vitro fertilization because her parents had a difficult time conceiving a child naturally. Her father owned a wholesale frozen poultry business in Taichung that went bankrupt in 2010 due to the flu virus outbreak that year in Taiwan. She attended Viator Catholic High School during her high school. She took Department of Finance at the Kainan University, in which she began to work during her senior year and she, then, moved at the Hsing Wu University of Science and Technology, Department of Finance, where she applied for leave because of her work. Annie Chen is 5 ft 9 in tall, during her post-secondary years, she joined a modelling competition where she won the championship title at the The First Kaiwo Phantasy Star CatwalkGirl contest in 2007. The selection process was between June 18 to August 18 of 2007, in 2008, she gets her first recognition as an actress after starring in Judy Chous music video, who came a runner-up in the One Million Star singing competition. Subsequently, she starred on her first acting career in CTS Prince + Princess 2 as the female lead. In 2009, she starred in Wilber Pans song entitled Silence Room for Rent included in his 007 album and she was also cast in CTVs Momo Love as Zhang Kaili, Chen Qis girlfriend. Chen got her second and third leading roles in a series during 2010. One is Happy and Love Forever, the first series of Happy of the Rings trilogy of Anhui TV, with Ming Dao and she played the character of Pan Xiao Nuo, a girl who coincidentally met Yin Ding Qiang after her ex-boyfriends betrayal towards her. The next series is CTS Volleyball Lover with Godfrey Gao and she portrayed the role of Xin Hai Jing, Bai Qian Ruis childhood friend and a volleyball player. In addition, Chen also starred in Life Drama Exhibition Public Television life drama Goodbye as Zhao Zhong Ci. Chen, along with Ming Dao, guest starred in the series of Happy of the Rings trilogy entitled Sunny Happiness in 2011, continuing her relationship with Yin Ding Qiang. She, then, played a role in CTS Material Queen as Sa Xia. At the end of the year 2011, Chen was cast as the female lead of SETTV television series Inborn Pair as Song Yi Jie. After Chens successful drama with Chris Wang on Inborn Pair in 2012, she started filming Love, Now in Boracay, Philippines with her new leading man, Chen plays the character of Yang Yi-Ru, a workaholic person who went on vacation and coincidentally meets Lan Shi-de
9. Joe Chen – Joe Chen Chiao-en is a Taiwanese singer, actress, writer and model. Known as the Queen of Idol Dramas, Joe is known for her roles in The Prince Who Turns into a Frog, Fated to Love You, Chen also entered the Forbes China Celebrity 100 List for the first time. She established her status as an A-list-er with her roles in dramas and movies The Monkey King, Cruel Romance. As of 2015, she is listed by Forbes as the 61st most influential celebrity in mainland China, Joe Chen began working as a model and assistant in 2001. She entered the entertainment industry after winning 1st place on Sanlih E-Televisions talent show, in 2002, she began her acting career by taking on a supporting role in the television drama, Lavender. She also became a host for SET variety shows Zhong Guo Na Me Da and Zong Yi Qi Jian, alongside famous Taiwanese hosts Jacky Wu and NONO. After being neglected by her company for six months, she attracted the attention of SETs executive Zong Limei and this was her first leading role. The drama became the highest rated Taiwanese drama then, and also achieved moderate success overseas, in 2004, Joe debuted with Taiwanese girl group 7 Flowers. In 2005, Joe had her breakout role in The Prince Who Turns into a Frog, the drama had a peak rating of 8.05, dethroning the previous record held by Meteor Garden to become the highest rated Taiwanese idol drama. From 2006 to 2007, Joe began to host Taiwanese variety programs Treasure Hunter and she also starred in the dramas A Game About Love and Ying Ye 3 Jia 1. In 2008, Joe starred in Fated to Love You opposite Ethan Juan, the series beats Joes previous drama, The Prince Who Turns into a Frog to become the highest rated Taiwanese idol drama. Broadcasting rights of the show were sold to 15 countries, the drama was also covered by Americas Wall Street Journal. Joe was nominated for Best Actress in a TV Series at the 43rd Golden Bell Awards and was named Queen of Idol Dramas by Taipei Times, in 2009, Joe was cast in the romance drama The Girl in Blue, adapted from an online novel. This also marks her first forays into mainland China, the series was broadcast on Hunan TV in 2010. In 2011, Joe made her film debut in Barbara Wongs romance film. In 2012, Joe made her return to idol dramas after 4 years in The Queen of SOP, the drama was the highest rated drama in its time slot for the year, and also received positive reviews from audience. She also released an OST for the drama titled Like to be Lonely, Joe rose to mainstream popularity in China after starring in the Chinese wuxia drama Swordsman, adapted from Louis Chas novel The Smiling, Proud Wanderer. She portrayed the anti-heroine Dongfang Bubai, though there were initial doubts to her characters, Joe later won the hearts of the audience through her complex and rich portrayal of her character
10. Michelle Chen – Michelle Chen Yanxi is a Taiwanese actress and singer. Chen is best known for starring in the 2011 film You Are the Apple of My Eye, which broke box office records for Chinese-language films in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore. Chen is also known for the films Hear Me, Badges of Fury, Pali Road, Michelle Chen was born and raised in Taipei, Taiwan. She speaks English, Chinese Mandarin, and Taiwanese Hokkien fluently, in 2007, while visiting family in Taiwan, Michelle caught the eye of renowned producer Angie - who has successfully promoted the group F4, Hsu, Rainie, among other popular idols. Michelle made the decision to put her undergraduate degree in marketing on hold and she gained initial fame playing a minor role in the 2007 TV series, Why Why Love, starring Rainie Yang. Michelle is best known for her role in the 2011 movie. 2007, Michelle signed a contract with the company Comic Dialogue Theme by Angie, initially she wanted to be a singer, but the company wanted her to try to advance the field of cinema. So she played supporting roles in films and television cause attention to looks lovely, cute. 2009 She starred in the movie Hear Me as swimming athletes, the film was written and directed by Giddens Ko, produced by Angie as executives, and based on Kos novel. In the film, Michelle Chen plays the role of Chia-Yi Shen Ko Chen-tung, the film broke records at the box office, becoming the 4th highest grossing domestic Taiwanese film. In the films soundtrack, she wrote and sang the song. For her performance in the film, Chen was also nominated for a Best Actress award at the 46th Golden Horse Film Festival, including some songs composed by herself, the album received a response from the audience and achieve higher rankings on the charts in Taiwan. 2014 After termination of the contract with the company Comic Voice Tri in 2012 and she is the writer Vu Main cast in the project Xiaolongnü The Romance of the Condor Heroes. After a few episodes aired, Michelle Chen was overwhelmed with public mockery and outcry and she was nicknamed Xiaolongnü dumplings, supposedly because her face was considered too round. Despite such harsh criticisms, she remained calm and optimistic, in response to the criticisms, Chen explained that she intended to portray a cute and endearing Xiaolongnu, rather than a cold and aloof woman as previously portrayed by other actresses. 2015 Michelle Chen will be starring in two new series that are set to release in 2015, in which movie Young For You she role in He plays Qiu Zi, and drama. The Legend of Qin role in Duanmu Rong shoulder,2016 to Date In 2016, she starred in Pali Road where she played the role of Lily with actor Jackson Rathbone. The movie, filmed and set in Hawaii, was a collaboration between the US and China, Michelle Chen is also very popular amongst Malay audience, in countries such as Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei
11. Enno Cheng – Enno Cheng is a multi-talented Taiwanese indie singer-songwriter who is also an author and a film actress. She attended Tamkang University and majored in Chinese and she took an approved leave of absence from schooling in 2007. She first appeared in the industry in 2007 and took part in the film Summers Tail as the main character Zheng Jia-Yue for which she wrote the script. She was nominated as the Best New Performer in 2007 at the 44th Golden Horse Awards and she played the role of Xiao Wen, a betel nut beauty, in the 2009 film Tears. Her debut album Neptune was released by White Wabbit Records in July 2011, enno is currently performing with a band called Tiger Chocolate. In May 2013, the changed their name to Chocolate Tiger. Enno also continues to play the occasional solo gig