Category:Tesla Inc. people
People of Tesla Inc..
People of Tesla Inc..
1. Martin Eberhard – Martin Eberhard is an American engineer and business executive. He co-founded Tesla Inc. in 2003, serving as CEO until 2007, Eberhard was ranked among the top 24 innovators of 2007 by Fortune Magazine. Also in 2007, Business 2.0 Magazine ranked Eberhard number 32 of the 50 people who matter now, Eberhard was born in Berkeley, California on May 15,1960. He grew up in Kensington, California, attending Kensington Hilltop Elementary School there and he attended junior high school and high school in adjacent El Cerrito until the middle of 11th grade, when his family moved to Elmhurst, Illinois. He graduated from York Community High School in 1978, Eberhard received his undergraduate degree in computer engineering in 1982, from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He subsequently earned his Masters Degree in electrical engineering in 1983 from the same school, Eberhard began his career as an electrical engineer at Wyse Technology, where he designed the WY-30 ASCII computer terminal as his first product. Later, Eberhard co-founded and founded start-up companies Network Computing Devices, Inc. and NuvoMedia that created one of the first e-book readers, the Rocket eBook. Eberhard is passionate about cars, but has moral disagreements regarding dependence on oil imported from the Middle East and is also concerned about global warming. This led to Silicon Valleys first automobile company, in 2003 Eberhard co-founded and became the first CEO of Tesla Motors, an electric car company in San Carlos, California. Eberhard drives the second of Tesla Motors Founders Series Roadsters cars, the Tesla Roadster is a battery electric sportscar with 244 miles range. On November 30,2007 Tesla released a release titled Martin Eberhard, Co-founder of Tesla Motors. According to the Tesla Motors Club forum and CNN Money, Martin was asked to leave and he said he planned to start another company entirely in the green tech field. Eberhard maintained a blog at teslafounders. com until a lawsuit with Tesla was settled, the blog has since been deleted. On January 14,2010 it was rumored that Eberhard was working for VW of America, on January 19, Martin Eberhard confirmed to Autoblog Green that he was doing work with Volkswagen, but no further details have been provided. A key element to be an entrepreneur is a certain amount of naiveté, because if you actually know how hard the problem is when you set out. - Stanford University, 10/10/07 We’re not just juggling a lot of balls, We’re juggling knives and chainsaws and burning things. We have to catch one of them, and we have to catch them by their handles
2. Franz von Holzhausen – Franz von Holzhausen is an automobile designer, currently in charge of design at Tesla Inc. after resigning his position at Mazda North American Operations on July 31,2008. He designed the Tesla Model S, a premium sedan starting in 2008. He was also an assistant design chief at Volkswagen, earlier in Franzs career at Volkswagen, he had an instrumental involvement in the New Beetle concept project, known as Concept One, under design lead J Mays. After taking his role at Mazda on February 21,2005, prior to this, von Holzhausen designed the Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky while Design Director at General Motors. He then went on to work for the car company Tesla where he is now and he is also known for designing the new versions of Tesla cars including the Model S and the Model X Franz von Holzhausen on Charlie Rose
3. Marc Tarpenning – Tesla, Inc. is an American automaker, energy storage company, and solar panel manufacturer based in Palo Alto, California. The company was founded in 2003 by Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning, although the company also considers Elon Musk, JB Straubel. The company specializes in electric cars, Lithium-ion battery energy storage, Tesla first gained widespread attention following its production of the Tesla Roadster, the first electric sports car, in 2008. The companys second vehicle, the Model S, a luxury sedan. In Q12013, Tesla released its stock profits for the first time from its NASDAQ ticker symbol, the Model S has been the worlds best-selling plug-in electric car for two years in a row,2015 and 2016. Its global sales achieved the 150,000 unit milestone in November 2016, four years, as of December 2016, the Model S ranks as the worlds all-time second best-selling plug-in after the Nissan Leaf. The Model S was then followed by the Model X, a crossover SUV, Teslas next vehicle is the Model 3, which was unveiled in March 2016. It is slated for release in 2017 with a price at US$35,000, for two years running,2015 and 2016, Tesla ranked as the worlds second best selling manufacturer of plug-in electric cars after BYD Auto. Musk, the CEO, has said that he envisions Tesla as a company and independent automaker. Tesla has a network of high-powered Superchargers located across North America, Europe, the company also operates a Destination Charging program, under which shops, restaurants and other venues are offered fast chargers for their customers. Although Tesla operates a number of production and assembly plants, the companys most iconic facility is the Gigafactory 1 near Reno, Nevada, Tesla also manufactures the Tesla Powerwall, Powerpack batteries, and solar panels for home and industry applications. Elon Musk owns 20. 8% stake in the company as of March 2017, Tesla is named after electrical engineer and physicist Nikola Tesla. The Tesla Roadster uses an AC motor descended directly from Nikola Teslas original 1882 design, the Roadster, the companys first vehicle, was the first production automobile to use lithium-ion battery cells and the first production EV with a range greater than 200 miles per charge. Between 2008 and March 2012, Tesla sold more than 2,250 Roadsters in 31 countries, Tesla stopped taking orders for the Roadster in the U. S. market in August 2011. In December 2012, Tesla employed almost 3,000 full-time employees, by December 31,2015, this number had grown to 13,058 employees, and to over 30,000 after acquiring Grohmann and SolarCity in late 2016. Tesla unveiled the Tesla Model S all-electric sedan on March 26,2009, Tesla unveiled the Model X crossover SUV on February 9,2012 and first deliveries began in September 2015. Global sales of the Model S passed the 100,000 unit milestone in December 2015, the Model 3, the companys first model aimed for the mass market, was unveiled in March 2016. A week after the unveiling, global reservations totaled 325,000 units, as of November 2016, the Model S ranks as the worlds second-best-selling plug-in electric car in history after the Nissan Leaf, and ahead of the Volt/Ampera family of plug-in hybrids
4. Elon Musk – Elon Reeve Musk is a South African-born Canadian-American business magnate, investor, engineer, and inventor. As of March 2017, he has a net worth of $13.9 billion. In December 2016, Musk was ranked 21st on Forbes list of The Worlds Most Powerful People, Musk has stated that the goals of SolarCity, Tesla, and SpaceX revolve around his vision to change the world and humanity. He has a brother, Kimbal, and a younger sister. His paternal grandmother was British, and he also has Pennsylvania Dutch ancestry, after his parents divorced in 1980, Musk lived mostly with his father in the suburbs of Pretoria. During his childhood he had an interest in reading and often did so for hours at a time, at age 10, he developed an interest in computing with the Commodore VIC-20. He taught himself computer programming at the age of 12, sold the code for a BASIC-based video game he created called Blastar, to a magazine called PC and Office Technology, a web version of the game is available online. Musk was severely bullied throughout his childhood, and was hospitalized when a group of boys threw him down a flight of stairs. Musk was initially educated at schools, attending the English-speaking Waterkloof House Preparatory School. Musk later graduated from Pretoria Boys High School and moved to Canada in June 1989, just before his 18th birthday, therefore, with the law change, he is considered to have always been a Canadian citizen by birth. At the age of 19, Musk was accepted into Queens University in Kingston, Ontario, Musk extended his studies for one year to finish the second bachelors degree. While at the University of Pennsylvania, Musk and fellow Penn student Adeo Ressi rented a 10-bedroom fraternity house, in 2002, he became a U. S. citizen. In 1995, Musk and his brother, Kimbal, started Zip2, the company developed and marketed an Internet city guide for the newspaper publishing industry. Musk obtained contracts with The New York Times and the Chicago Tribune, while at Zip2, Musk wanted to become CEO, however, none of the board members would allow it. Compaq acquired Zip2 for US$307 million in cash and US$34 million in stock options in February 1999, Musk received 7% or US$22 million from the sale. In March 1999, Musk co-founded X. com, an financial services and e-mail payment company. One year later, the merged with Confinity, which had a money transfer service called PayPal. The merged company focused on the PayPal service and was renamed PayPal in 2001, PayPals early growth was driven mainly by a viral marketing campaign where new customers were recruited when they received money through the service
5. Kimbal Musk – Kimbal Musk is a South African-born Canadian-American entrepreneur, venture capitalist and environmentalist who has invested in several technology and food companies. He owns The Kitchen Cafe, LLC, a family of community restaurants located in Boulder, Fort Collins, Denver, Glendale, Chicago and he co-founded The Kitchen Community, a 5013 nonprofit that brings outdoor vegetable gardens called Learning Gardens to schoolyards and community spaces. He sits on the boards of Tesla Inc and he is the younger brother of billionaire businessman Elon Musk and a major Tesla shareholder. Musk grew up in a household, with his brother Elon, sister Tosca. His mother was a prominent dietitian, and his father had his own engineering practice, after finishing high school in Pretoria, South Africa, Musk left to meet his brother in Kingston, Ontario and enrolled in university to pursue a degree in business at Queens University. While in school, Musk first worked at Scotiabank and he graduated with his degree from Queens University in 1995. Musks first entrepreneurship venture was a painting business with College Pro Painters in 1995. Zip2 Corporation was a city guide that provided content for the new online versions of the New York Times. The company was sold in 1999 to Compaq for $307 million, after selling Zip2, Musk invested in several young software and technology companies. Musk was an investor in his brother’s venture X. com. X. com merged with PayPal, which in October 2002 was acquired by eBay for $1.5 billion in stock, while Elon stayed in California, Kimbal moved to New York and enrolled into the French Culinary Institute in New York City. In April 2004, Musk opened The Kitchen Boulder, a community bistro in Boulder, Colorado with Jen Lewin, the Kitchen has been named one of America’s Top Restaurants according to Food & Wine, Zagat’s, Gourmet, and the James Beard Foundation. Musk and Matheson expanded their restaurant for the first time and opened The Kitchen Upstairs, a cocktail lounge, from 2006 to 2011 Musk served as the CEO of OneRiot, an advertising network for the real-time, social web. In September 2011 Walmart-Labs acquired OneRiot for a purchase price. In 2011, Next Door opened in downtown Boulder as an urban casual, Next Door has locations in Glendale and Denver Union Station. In 2012, The Kitchen Denver opened on the 16th Street Mall, each of The Kitchen restaurants donates a percentage of sales to help plant Learning Gardens in their local community. In 2012, The Kitchen Community built 26 gardens in Colorado,16 in Chicago, in December 2012, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel handed The Kitchen Community nonprofit $1 million to install 80 gardens in Chicago city schools. By the end of 2015, four years after its founding, The Kitchen Community built 260 Learning Gardens across Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles and Memphis