Category:The Maze Runner
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Maze Runner (film).|
Pages in category "The Maze Runner"
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Maze Runner (film).|
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. The Maze Runner (film) – The Maze Runner is a 2014 American dystopian science fiction action thriller film directed by Wes Ball, in his directorial debut, based on James Dashners 2009 novel of the same name. S. The film stars Dylan OBrien, Kaya Scodelario, Aml Ameen, Thomas Brodie-Sangster, Ki Hong Lee, Will Poulter, development of The Maze Runner began in January 2011 when Fox purchased the film rights to Dashners novel with film studios Temple Hill Entertainment and TSG Entertainment. Principal photography began in Baton Rouge, Louisiana on May 13,2013, the Maze Runner was released on September 19,2014 in the United States by 20th Century Fox. The film was also a success, as it topped the box-office during its opening weekend with a $32.5 million debut. The film earned over $348 million worldwide at the box-office, against its budget of $34 million, a sequel, Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials, was released on September 18,2015 in the United States. A male teenager wakes up inside an elevator with no memory of his identity. A group of male youths greet him in a grassy area they call the Glade enclosed by tall. The boys have formed a society with each assuming specialized tasks. Their leader, Alby, says that every boy eventually recalls his name, the boy learns that a vast Maze surrounding them may be the only way out. During the day, designated Runners search the Maze for an escape route, No one has ever survived a night in the Maze. While in a competition with another boy named Gally, the boy suddenly remembers his name, the next day, he is attacked by Ben, a Runner delirious from being stung by a Griever – deadly techno-organic creatures that roam the Maze at night. Ben is forced into the Maze and left to die, as there is no cure for his condition, Alby and Minho, the lead Runner, later retrace Bens steps inside the Maze. Minho reappears at dusk dragging Alby, who is stung, Thomas runs into the Maze to help, leaving all three trapped. During an ensuing encounter with a Griever, Thomas lures it into a closing passageway, the trio manages to survive the night and returns to the Glade the next morning. The first ever girl – Teresa – arrives in the elevator with a note in her hand and she doesnt remember her past but recognizes Thomas, though he cannot remember her. Thomas, Minho, and others enter the Maze, locate the Griever corpse, Gally claims Thomas has jeopardized the fragile peace between the youths and the Grievers and wants him punished, but Newt, the groups second-in-command, instead designates Thomas as a Runner. Minho shows Thomas a hand-constructed model of the Maze based on previous exploration, the Mazes numbered sections open and close in a regular sequence. Thomas realizes that the device corresponds to a section within the Maze, Teresa shows Thomas two syringes that she had in her pocket when she woke up in the Glade
2. Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials – Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials is a 2015 American dystopian science fiction action thriller film based on James Dashners novel The Scorch Trials, the second novel in The Maze Runner book series. The film is the sequel to the 2014 film The Maze Runner and it was directed by Wes Ball, with a screenplay by T. S. Nowlin. Filming began in Albuquerque, New Mexico on October 27,2014 and it was originally set to be released in IMAX, but this was cancelled, as Everest had all worldwide IMAX screens booked until the release of the film The Walk. Like its predecessor, the film was a success grossing $30.3 million on its opening weekend. The film went to the one spot at the box office during its opening weekend. The concluding entry, titled Maze Runner, The Death Cure, is scheduled to be released on January 12,2018, a flashback to hundreds of people crowded around a quarantined area. A young Thomas is brought by his mother to be away for protection on board a train. On the train, filled with children, Thomas meets Dr. Ava Paige, in the present, Thomas and the surviving Gladers - Newt, Teresa, Minho, Frypan, and Winston - are brought out of the Maze by armed troops. The Gladers are taken to a facility run by Janson. Thomas becomes suspicious of the operations, confirmed when he sneaks out with Aris, one of the first survivors to end up in the facility. They discover that Janson is working for World Catastrophe Killzone Department, led by Ava, after learning of a resistance group, The Right Arm, hiding in the mountains, Thomas gets help from Aris to facilitate the escape of his friends. Pursued through the facility by Janson and his troops, the group escapes into the deserted outside world of The Scorch. Over the following days, the group evades W. C. K. D troops and deals with flesh-eating Cranks, Winston becomes infected and chooses to commit suicide, rather than becoming a Crank. After surviving a thunderstorm, the group meets Brenda and her father, Jorge. When Jorge learns that the Gladers want to find the Right Arm, he and Brenda decide to help the Gladers get to the mountains, Thomas and Brenda survive encounters with Cranks and with drug-crazed people in a nightclub, although Brenda is bitten during their escapade. Thomas has a flashback of when he and Teresa worked for W. C. K. D, he had become disillusioned and warned Teresa of W. C. K. Ds plans, Thomas and Brenda eventually reunite with Jorge and the others. Jorge interrogates Marcus, the owner of the nightclub and an agent of W. C. K. D. The group arrives at the haven and meet The Right Arm
3. The Death Cure – The Death Cure is a 2011 young adult dystopian science fiction novel written by American writer James Dashner and the third book, fifth chronologically, in the Maze Runner series. It was published on October 11,2011 by Delacorte Press and was preceded by The Maze Runner and The Scorch Trials and followed by the prequels, The Kill Order. Many of those present were immune to the Flare while some were not, the Gladers are offered the chance to restore their memories and remove the controllers in their heads. Without the devices, Thomas, Teresa, and Aris will no longer be able to communicate telepathically, Janson read out names of people who were not immune to the flare, which included Newt. All three of them escape before having chips removed, with the help of Brenda and Jorge, Thomas feels betrayed, but Brenda convinces him she had no choice and most of her behavior was not a deception, and Thomas forgives her. Soon afterward, the Gladers discover everyone who had undergone the procedure had abandoned them, Newt gives Thomas a note. The five of them go to Denver looking for a man called Hans who can take out Thomas, Minho. Newt is unable to continue, because he would have placed into confinement with other cranks. In the airport, a black-suited man directs them to an address, waiting for them is Gally, who has joined a group called the Right Arm, and is determined to put an end to the trials and experiments. He tells them WICKED is capturing every Immune they can find to another cycle of the Trials. Janson, in a form, uses a police vehicle to rescue Thomas. Minho, Thomas, Brenda and Jorge return to the Berg and find a note, Minho convinces the four of them to go to the Crank Palace in a rescue attempt, and they meet Newt after bribing the guards. Newt angrily tells them to leave, and the Cranks chase them out, Thomas remembers the note Newt gave him and reads it to find Newt had implored Thomas to kill him. Thomas despairs about not having read the earlier, but the four end up going back to Denver. In Denver, they discover that Teresa and the other Immunes were all captured, Thomas and Minho knock out the guards and threaten to shoot their toes if they dont take him to their leader. Thomas and Brenda discover the leader is actually the Right Arms leader, Vince tells them they are copying WICKEDs design and plan to take over their headquarters building. On his way to the Right Arms Bergs, Thomas sees Newt with a group of taking over Denver. Thomas is able to plant a device that disables all of WICKEDs weapons and it also reveals the location of the Immunes the Right Arm sold to WICKED to gain access, and a safe place where Thomas should take them all
4. The Fever Code – The Fever Code is a 2016 young adult dystopian science fiction novel written by American author James Dashner and published on September 27,2016 by Delacorte Press. It is the prequel book in The Maze Runner series. The book is set in between the events of The Kill Order and immediately before The Maze Runner book. Dashner has stated that he had wanted to write about how the rest of the Gladers got to the Maze. The novel is written from the points of view of the Gladers. The book ends with the moments of Thomas entering the Box ready to be sent to the Maze. As a prologue, WICKED soldiers arrive and try to take Newts sister, however, their parents refuse, and as a result, are killed. Without alternative, they bring in Newt to test his killzone, in the present, we are introduced to Stephen, who is renamed as Thomas by WICKED. Thomas is only five years old and, under the care of WICKED and they soon meet Newt, Minho and Alby in hiding, and Newt reveals that his sister had been renamed as Sonya and is a part of Group B. They then start exploring the complex everyday, the experience really gets through the kids. They dont have any of their meeting in the maintenance room for a while. Teresa and Thomas, along with Aris and Rachel are then recruited to build the maze, on one of their meetings, Thomas and Teresa stumble upon Charles, who becomes the little brother that they never had, and is nicknamed Chuck. Pretty soon, the meetings are back in business. But Minho was planning to escape WICKED, hating the fact that they were treated like lab mice, and allied with Gally to form a plan, though no one agreed to leave. The day after WICKED found out that Minho tried to escape in front of Thomas, they unleash a Griever on Minho, to him that anyone who tried to escape. After the horrifying experience, Thomas goes back and directs all his attention to building the Maze, which means his best, and only friends are going to get sent into the labyrinth that he himself built. Right before they are sent in, Thomas and Teresa go to say their goodbyes and their friends interrogate them with questions of why only THEY are going in, and not them. Not being able to answer truthfully about the Maze being his project and all only makes their friends more suspicious, Chuck does not go with the first batch and for a long time Chuck, Thomas and Teresa remain friends
5. The Kill Order – The Kill Order is a 2012 young adult dystopian science fiction novel written by American author James Dashner and published on August 14,2012 by Delacorte Press. It is the first prequel book in The Maze Runner series, the book is set prior to the events of The Fever Code and 13 years before The Maze Runner book. Of the novel, Dashner stated that he wanted to expand the world and he also stated that he had originally planned to write a prequel for the series, but that the plans did not become official until he had completed the third book in the trilogy. In the prologue, Thomas goes through the Swipe and is put in The Box, as he is one of the candidates needed inside, Thomas is then sent to the maze with Teresa, setting the events of The Maze Runner in motion. Set thirteen years before the events of The Maze Runner and the prologue, Mark and Trina form an alliance with Alec, Lana and others who rescue them from a group of street urchins. The group flees to the fictional Lincoln building to avoid an impending tsunami and they camp out in the building for weeks until a yacht arrives and the ships crew takes them hostage and kills one of them. Alec manages to take out their captors and they take the yacht as their own, then they pilot the boat to the Appalachian Beaches. The crew of the Berg shower them with darts, killing many villagers, Mark and Alec manage to subdue and take over a Berg but the pilot crashes it to avoid answering any questions. Mark and Alec realize that the darts were filled with a deadly virus, the group encounters an abandoned village where they meet a 5-year-old girl named Deedee, whom they take with them. Mark and Alec leave the group for a while to investigate a loud noise and they encounter an infected cult who believe Deedee is a demon of some sort, as she is not affected by the virus within the darts. They manage to escape the cult, but they realize that a forest fire has been started and they continue their trail to the headquarters site, thinking that the three girls are there. They arrive at the site and sneak in to what appears to be the Post-Flares Coalitions base and they eavesdrop on a conversation and realize that the virus is widely known as The Flare, a virus that shuts down the thinking-part of peoples brains. They also learn that the girls were back to the cult. Inside the Berg, Mark and Alec find Transvices, guns that evaporate peoples molecules and they recharge it in order to use it to battle the infected. Their journey inside the Berg takes them near Asheville, where they find Lana and they find Trina and Deedee at an old house, where Mark realizes Trina has the Flare and has forgotten about him. They are attacked by the infected and manage to back to the Berg. As Mark starts to lose his mind, he realizes that Deedee is immune to the virus, Mark plans on delivering Deedee using a Flat Trans teleporter in another base inside the safe part of Asheville. As they travel, it is revealed that Alec also has the Flare and is dying, Mark and Trina manage to deliver Deedee to the Flat Trans, sending her to the safety of the PFC base
6. Maze Runner: The Death Cure – It is the sequel to the 2015 film Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials and it is the third and final installment in the Maze Runner film series. Maze Runner, The Death Cure was originally set to be released on February 17,2017, in the United States by 20th Century Fox. On May 27,2016, 20th Century Fox rescheduled the film for January 12,2018 in 3D and 2D, friendships and loyalties will be tested and the fight against WCKD will also determine who will survive in the end. In March 2015, it was confirmed that T. S. Nowlin, wes Ball confirmed that, if he returns to direct, the film will not be split into two movies. On September 16,2015, it was confirmed that Ball would return to direct the final film, principal photography began on March 14,2016, in Vancouver. Previously it was revealed at San Diego Comic-Con International that filming would begin in February 2016, on March 18,2016, it was reported that actor Dylan OBrien was injured on set and was hospitalized. James Dashner announced via Twitter that the production was postponed after the accident and it was said that the producers were looking to resume filming around mid-May. According to the Directors Guild of Canadas production list, the film was scheduled to resume filming on May 9, however, on April 29,2016, production was shut down indefinitely as OBriens injuries were more serious than previously thought. Filming resumed in March 2017 in Cape Town, South Africa and it was originally scheduled to be released in the United States on February 17,2017. However, due to Dylan OBriens injuries, the said that it was unlikely that this date was going to be met. On May 27,2016, 20th Century Fox rescheduled the film for January 12,2018 in 3D and 2D, Maze Runner, The Death Cure at the Internet Movie Database
7. The Scorch Trials – The novel was published on September 18,2010 by Delacorte Press. It is preceded by The Maze Runner, and followed by The Death Cure, a film adaptation was released on September 18,2015 by 20th Century Fox. The book starts with Thomas and the other known as Gladers. Thomas is woken by a communication with Teresa, the only woman from the Glade. As he wakes up, he finds that the facility is being attacked by Cranks, Cranks arent crazy and zombie like when they first catch the flare. When they arent past gone, when they arent trying to kill everyone and he and the others escape into the facilitys common area and discover that their rescuers are dead. They also find that Teresa is missing from her room, Aris explains that he escaped from a similar Maze experiment, dubbed Group B, in which he was the only male. The boys discover tattoos on their necks assigning them specific roles, the Gladers re-enter the common area and find the bodies of their rescuers have disappeared. They find someone, a scientist from WICKED, named Janson and he tells them they have been infected with the Flare and must in two weeks get through the Scorch, a burned out section of the land, to find a safe haven and get the cure. The Gladers travel to the Scorch through a portal and find themselves in a filled with traps. They escape into the desert and find a building in which a girl is screaming, Thomas discovers that the screaming is artificial and enters the building to find Teresa, who kisses him and tells him that he needs to stay away from her. As the Gladers search for supplies, Thomas begins to remember the relationship he had with Teresa before their memories were removed and they find a city, but encounter a storm that kills several boys, including Winston and Jack. They take refuge in a building where they find a group of Cranks led by a man named Jorge, Thomas convinces Jorge and a teenage girl named Brenda, his second-in-command, to help the Gladers escape in exchange for some of the cure. Thomas and Brenda get separated from the rest of the group, Thomas and Brenda are then suddenly captured by another group of Cranks who drug them, but before they pass out, Brenda tries to kiss Thomas. He refuses her advances because of his feelings for Teresa. Telling Brenda that she could never be Teresa, minho rescues them with the help of the other Gladers, but Thomas is shot in the shoulder with a rusty bullet that leads to an infection. Thomas infection gets worse, and WICKED captures him to heal his wounds, a healed Thomas is later returned to the Gladers, where he explains that WICKED never wanted him to get shot and that they considered him very important. Thomas later receives a message from Teresa warning him that something terrible is about to happen. The Gladers come across Group B, now led by Teresa, Group B takes Thomas prisoner, and Teresa says that she plans on killing him
8. The Maze Runner – The novel was published on October 7,2009 by Delacorte Press, an imprint of Random House, and was made into a 2014 major motion picture by 20th Century Fox. Thomas wakes up in an elevator that brings him to a place called the Glade. He has no memory of who he is or how he got there and he gradually discovers that the Glade is run by two boys, Alby, the leader, and Newt, the second-in-charge, who both maintain order by enforcing simple but effective rules. The elevator box surfaces from under the ground every week supplying new food, tools, every month a new boy with no memory of anything but his name, finds himself in that elevator box. The Glade is surrounded squarely by a wall made of concrete. Outside the wall is the Maze, a labyrinth of concrete walls covered in ivy that changes every day. The Maze houses strange, lethal creatures known as Grievers, Grievers are described as amorphous monsters of metal and flesh. The Gladers are trying to stay alive as well as solve the Maze by running through it as fast as they can while tracking movements of the walls and trying to find an exit to escape. One day after Thomas arrival, a girl named Teresa, is delivered through the elevator into the Glade with a note saying Shes the last one and it implies that there will be no more children sent into the Glade. The girl subsequently lapses into a coma, when Thomas comes to visit her, he recognizes her, but cant remember her name until he hears her voice telepathically in his mind telling him her name. Teresa wakes up and tells Thomas that they knew each other before they were sent into the Glade, Thomas proposes that the walls of the Maze arent random, but that their movements are actually a code, leading to the discovery that the Maze is spelling out words. Thomas also discovers that the Cliff that they all thought was just a cliff turns out to be where the Grievers leave the Maze or The Griever Hole as he, if they can come and go over the edge of the Cliff, then maybe so can the Gladers. This drives Thomas to think they need memories to get out, the changing is a process that begins after one gets the grief serum after getting stung, to cure the infection from the Grievers. They succeed, only to find out that they were test subjects in an experiment conducted by WICKED, Gally, one of the Gladers who always knew something was different about Thomas and hated him for it, appears at the laboratory to which the teenagers escape. He hadnt originally escaped with them, and he is acting as though he is being controlled and he moves to throw a knife at Thomas, but Chuck, the youngest Glader and Thomas friend, jumps in front of it. This was followed by a called the Flare. It is revealed that children are being tested to find a way to beat the Flare. The epilogue reveals that the group who rescued the Gladers may just be another variable in the experiment, Thomas is the last boy, but not the last person to enter the Glade