I Feed You My Love
|"I Feed You My Love"|
|Single by Margaret Berger|
|from the album New Religion|
|Released||23 January 2013|
|Margaret Berger singles chronology|
"I Feed You My Love" is a song recorded by Norwegian singer Margaret Berger, released as the first single from her third studio album New Religion. The song was written by Karin Park and MachoPsycho and produced by MachoPsycho.
It is best known as Norway's entry to the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 held in Malmö, Sweden. The song competed in the second semi-final on 16 May 2013 and qualified for a spot in the final on 18 May 2013. In the final the song received the top score of 12 points from three countries (Denmark, Sweden, Finland), and finished fourth overall with a total score of 191 points, Norway's highest placing in the contest since their last victory in 2009, and their sixth best result ever.
Since appearing on Eurovision, the song has charted on iTunes charts around Europe and the world, including Australia.
"I Feed You My Love" is an electronic and electropop song written in B minor and set in common time. The song has a sparse arrangement over lush strings and starts with a dark electroclash riff that contrasts with Berger’s delicate vocals. The introduction of drums halfway through the first verse and synthesized strings during the chorus help provide build. According to lyricist Karin Park, the song is "about having the courage and strength to do what you want".
- Digital download
- I Feed You My Love – 3:02
- Digital download
- I Feed You My Love (Extended Version) – 3:19
- Remixes EP
- I Feed You My Love – 3:02
- I Feed You My Love (Macho Collective Remix) – 3:15
- I Feed You My Love (Robin Low Remix) – 6:15
- I Feed You My Love (Jay Hardway Remix) – 4:58
- I Feed You My Love (Dan Miles & Di Ferro Remix) – 6:11
- I Feed You My Love (Torus Flow Remix) – 6:11
- Video: I Feed You My Love (Official Norwegian ESC Entry) – 3:11
- Video: I Feed You My Love (Official Promo Video) – 3:02
The song is remarkable in that it received a large amount of positive critical acclaim and media attention for a song associated with the Eurovision Song Contest. Commenting on Berger's interpretation of the song, Karin Park noted that "she does it amazingly well". Ann Gripper from Daily Mirror wrote that Berger starts the song with "a Bjork-esque fragile icy burr—perfect for the ice queen being woken from the snow she sings of". Michael Cragg from The Guardian described the song as "spectacular" and Sam Lansky from popular online music blog Idolator wrote that the song is "aggressive and ferocious, with a chorus that's huge and loud... it's a gloriously pummeling pop track that's as weird as it is infectious". At ESC Review the song has been described as the "most contemporary entry" in Eurovision 2013, following in the path of the similarly modern Loreen's "Euphoria".
|Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)||51|
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||24|
|Finland Download (Latauslista)||3|
|Germany (Official German Charts)||24|
|Netherlands (Single Top 100)||49|
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||26|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||80|
|UK Indie (Official Charts Company)||13|
|Norway (IFPI Norway)||Platinum||10,000*|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Storvik-Green, Simon (9 February 2013). "Norway sends Margaret Berger to Malmö". Eurovision.tv. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- Daniel Gould. "Eurovision 2013: Will viewers swallow Norway's 'I Feed You My Love'?". Sofabet. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "Margaret Berger - I Feed You My Love sheet music". Topsheetmusic.eu. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- Jenn Selby (17 May 2013). "Karin Park on Eurovision win: "I've already started the celebration"". Glamour. Archived from the original on 8 June 2013. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "iTunes - Music - I Feed You My Love - Single by Margaret Berger". iTunes. Retrieved 21 March 2013.
- "I Feed You My Love (Extended Version): Margaret Berger - amazon.de". Amazon. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- "I Feed You My Love (Special Version): Margaret Berger - amazon.de". Amazon. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- Ann Gripper (30 April 2013). "Eurovision 2013 preview: Will Norway entry I Feed You My Love see Margaret Berger join song contest winners?". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- Kristian Nicolai Stakset-Gundersen. "Norway 2013: I feed you my love – Review". ESC Review. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "Austriancharts.at – Margaret Berger – I Feed You My Love" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40.
- "Ultratop.be – Margaret Berger – I Feed You My Love" (in Dutch). Ultratip.
- "Danishcharts.com – Margaret Berger – I Feed You My Love". Tracklisten.
- "Margaret Berger: I Feed You My Love" (in Finnish). Musiikkituottajat – IFPI Finland.
- "Offiziellecharts.de – Margaret Berger – I Feed You My Love". GfK Entertainment Charts.
- "RÚV - Vinsældalisti Rásar 2". RÚV. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "Chart Track: Week 21, 2013". Irish Singles Chart.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Margaret Berger – I Feed You My Love" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- "Norwegiancharts.com – Margaret Berger – I Feed You My Love". VG-lista.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Margaret Berger – I Feed You My Love". Singles Top 100.
- "Swisscharts.com – Margaret Berger – I Feed You My Love". Swiss Singles Chart.
- "Eurovision 2013: The real winners revealed!". Official Charts Company. 2013-05-26. Retrieved 2013-05-21.
- "Official Independent Singles Chart Top 50". Official Charts Company.
- "Norwegian single certifications – Margaret Berger – I Feed You My Love" (in Norwegian). IFPI Norway. Retrieved June 20, 2015.