Limes Alutanus was a fortified line consisting of a vallum, built in the North-South direction, on the eastern side of the Olt river and seven Roman castra, as is remembered by Tabula Peutingeriana. Limes Alutanus was the eastern border of the Roman province of Dacia.
- Pons Vetus (Câineni, Vâlcea)
- Praetorium (Racovița, Vâlcea)
- Arutela ("Poiana Bivolari" point, near Călimăneşti town)
- Castra Traiana (Sânbotin, Vâlcea)
- Buridava (Stolniceni, Vâlcea)
- Pons Aluti (Ioneştii Govorei)
- Rusidava (Drăgăşani)
On the Olt river at least other three castra exists:
- Limes Alutanus (Roman fortifications, Europe)
- Mihai Vinereanu (City University, New York, SUA) Originea geto-daca a limbii române Archived 2010-01-27 at the Wayback Machine
- Judeţul Vâlcea
- Judetul Valcea - scurt istoric
- Raport asupra cercetărilor arheologice din anul 1994 de la Castra Traiana - Sânbotin Archived 2011-06-08 at the Wayback Machine
- Bejan, Adrian (1998). Dacia Felix - Istoria Daciei Romane (PDF) (in Romanian). p. 42. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-03-15.