List of tallest statues
This list of the tallest statues includes completed statues that are at least 30 meters tall, which was the assumed height of the Colossus of Rhodes. The height values in this list are measured to the highest part of the human (or animal) figure, but exclude the height of any pedestal, plinth, or other base platform.
The definition of statue for this list is a free-standing sculpture (as opposed to a relief), representing one or more people or animals (real or mythical), in their entirety or partially (such as a bust). Monuments that contain statues are included in this list only if the statue fulfills these and the height criteria.
As of 2018, the main table includes 138 statues of height 30 m (98 ft) or taller. The countries with three or more entries in the list are:
|4||Republic of China||10|
|Spring Temple Buddha||Vairocana Buddha||Lushan, Henan||China||128 metres (420 ft)||Stands on a 19.3 m (63 ft) lotus throne. Placed on a 25 m (82 ft) pedestal/building. 153 m (502 ft) total monument height.||2008|
|Laykyun Setkyar||Buddha (Gautama)||Khatakan Taung, near Monywa, Sagaing Division||Myanmar||115.8 metres (380 ft)||Stands on a 13.41 m (44 ft) lotus throne. 129.2 m (424 ft) total monument height.||2008|
|Ushiku Daibutsu||Buddha (Amitābha)||Ushiku, Ibaraki Prefecture||Japan||100 metres (330 ft)||Stands on a 10 m (33 ft) lotus throne and 10 m (33 ft) pedestal/building. 120 m (394 ft) total monument height.||1993|
|Sendai Daikannon||Kannon (Guanyin)||Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture||Japan||100 metres (330 ft)||World's tallest statue 1991–1993||1991|
|Qianshou Qianyan Guanyin of Weishan||Guanyin||Weishan, Changsha, Hunan province||China||99 metres (325 ft)||Gilded bronze statue||2009|
|Great Buddha of Thailand||Buddha (Gautama)||Ang Thong||Thailand||92 metres (302 ft)||Concrete statue painted gold||2008|
|Dai Kannon of Kita no Miyako park||Kannon (Guanyin) – Byakue Kannon||Ashibetsu, Hokkaidō||Japan||88 metres (289 ft)||World's tallest statue 1989-1991.||1989|
|Rodina-Mat' Zovyot! (The Motherland Calls)||Woman representing the Motherland||Mamayev Kurgan; Volgograd||Russia||85 metres (279 ft)||Tallest statue in Russia and Europe. The tallest non-religious statue in the world.||1967|
|Awaji Kannon||Kannon (Guanyin)||Awaji Island, Hyōgo Prefecture||Japan||80 metres (260 ft)||Stands on a 20 m (66 ft) pedestal/building, 100 m (330 ft) total height||1982|
|Grand Buddha at Ling Shan||Buddha (Amitābha)||Wuxi, Jiangsu Province||China||79 metres (259 ft)||88 meters total height, including lotus pedestal. 9 m||1996|
|Guanyin of Nanshan||Guanyin||Sanya, Hainan||China||78 metres (256 ft)||Total height is 108 m (354 ft) including the pedestal/building.||2005|
|Bronze statue of Dizang at Mount Jiuhua||Ksitigarbha||Qingyang County||China||76 metres (249 ft)||Standing in total height 99 m||2012|
|Guanyin statue in Tsz Shan Monastery||Guanyin||Hong Kong||China||76 metres (249 ft)||2012|
|Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue||Vishnu riding Garuda||Bali,11.1 km (6.9 mi) from Ngurah Rai International Airport||Indonesia||75 metres (246 ft)||Tallest statue in Indonesia, including the 46-meter pedestal base. 121 m||2018|
|Kaga Kannon||Kannon (Guanyin)||Kaga, Ishikawa Prefecture||Japan||73 metres (240 ft)||1987|
|Confucius of Mount Ni||Confucius||Nishan (Mount Ni), Qufu, Shandong||China||72 metres (236 ft)||Mount Ni is, according to mythology, the place where Confucius was born and forsaken for a period by his mother, to be taken care of by a tiger and an eagle.||2016|
|Leshan Giant Buddha||Buddha (Maitreya)||Leshan||China||71 metres (233 ft)||Construction started in 713. With two more than 16 m (52 ft) carving statues of Lokapala||803|
|Son Tra Quan Am||Quan Âm (Guanyin)||Da Nang, Vietnam||Vietnam||70 metres (230 ft)||||2010|
|Yang'asha of Guizhou||Yang'asha (Miao goddess of beauty)||Guizhou Province||China||66 metres (217 ft)||Stainless steel statue is 88 meters including the pedestal.||2017|
|Statue of Equality (Ramanuja)||Ramanuja||Hyderabad||India||65.8 metres (216 ft)||Construction started in 2014 by Chinna Jeeyar swamy and his religious trust.||2018|
|The Motherland Monument||The Motherland||Kiev||Ukraine||62 metres (203 ft)||Stands on a 40 m (130 ft) pedestal, 102 m (335 ft) total monument height||1981|
|Guze Jibo Daikannon of the Narita-san temple||Kannon (Guanyin) – Jibo Kannon||Kurume, Fukuoka prefecture||Japan||62 metres (203 ft)||||1983|
|Guanyin of Mount Xiqiao||Guanyin||Nanhai district, Foshan, Guangdong||China||62 metres (203 ft)||Stands on a 15 m (49 ft) pedestal, 77 m (253 ft) total height||1998|
|Guan Yu of Yuncheng||Guandi (war god)||Yuncheng, Shanxi||China||61 metres (200 ft)||Stands on a pedestal, 80 m (260 ft) total height 19 m||2010|
|Luangpho Yai||Buddha (Gautama)||Roi Et, Thailand||Thailand||59.2 metres (194 ft)||Stands on an 8.7 m (29 ft) base with small museum, 67.9 m (223 ft) total height||1979 |
|God of the Red Mountain (赤山神, Chìshānshén)||Chishanshen or Luminous God of the Red Mountain (赤山明神, Chìshān Míngshén), local variation of the Sea God (海神, Hǎishén)||Chishan (Red Mountain), Rongcheng, Weihai, Shandong||China||58.8 metres (193 ft)||Bronze statue of Chishanshen, a localised manifestation of the Haishen (Sea God) in coastal Shandong. The statue, dominating over Rongcheng, is part of a temple complex known as the "Daming Holy Land" and faces the Yellow Sea.||2010s|
|Guandi of Jingzhou||Guandi (war god)||Jingzhou, Hubei||China||58 metres (190 ft)||Central focus of a temple complex, the statue is designed by the nationally renowned artist Han Meilin.||2016|
|Great Standing Maitreya Buddha||Buddha (Maitreya)||Emei Township, Hsinchu County||Republic of China||57.6 metres (189 ft)||72 m (236 ft) total height||2011|
|Aizu Jibo Dai-Kannon||Kannon (Guanyin) – Jibo Kannon||Aizuwakamatsu, Fukushima||Japan||57 metres (187 ft)||1987|
|Tokyo Wan Kannon||Kannon (Guanyin)||Futtsu, Chiba||Japan||56 metres (184 ft)||Commemorates the World War II dead||1961|
|Zheng Chenggong Dashenxiang||Koxinga||Chiayi County||Republic of China||53.4 metres (175 ft)||With statues of 49 m (160 ft) (include seat) of two generals completed on 2013||1995|
|Emperors Yan and Huang||Yan and Huang, Emperors of China||Zhengzhou, Henan||China||51 metres (167 ft)||106 meters from base of mountain to top of monument.||2007|
|Usami Dai-Kannon||Kannon (Guanyin)||Izu Peninsula, Itō, Shizuoka||Japan||50 metres (160 ft)||The largest sitting Kannon in Japan||1982|
|Sodoshima Dai-Kannon||Kannon (Guanyin)||Shōdoshima, Shōzu District, Kagawa||Japan||50 metres (160 ft)||A tooth of the historical Buddha is said to be enshrined inside of it||1994|
|Taiwan Chengte Dafo||Buddha (Amitābha)||Puli, Nantou||Republic of China||50 metres (160 ft)||With statues of Guanyin and 28 mMahasthamaprapta||2004|
|Guerrero Chimalli (Chimalli Warrior)||Chīmalli Warrior||Chimalhuacán, Mexico State||Mexico||50 metres (160 ft)||Stands upon a 10 m (33 ft) pedestal. Total monument height : 60 m (200 ft).||2014|
|African Renaissance Monument||People of Africa||Dakar||Senegal||49 metres (161 ft)||Tallest statue in Africa.||2010|
|Buddha in Kande Viharaya, Aluthgama||Buddha (Gautama)||Aluthgama||Sri Lanka||48.8 metres (160 ft)||2007|
|Dai Kannon of Kamaishi||Kannon (Guanyin) – Gyoran Kannon||Kamaishi, Iwate||Japan||48.5 metres (159 ft)||Symbolizes maritime safety, 11 floors inside the buddha||1970|
|Donglin Dafo||Buddha (Amitābha)||Lushan District, Jiangxi||China||48 metres (157 ft)||With 64 m pedestal.||2013|
|Jinding Dafo||Buddha (Gautama)||Dunhua||China||48 metres (157 ft)||Highest outdoor bronze sitting Buddha in the world.||2011|
|Ten Directions Samantabhadra Bodhisattva||Buddha (Samantabhadra)||Mount Emei, Sichuan province||China||48 metres (157 ft)||2005|
|Fo Guang Big Buddha at Fo Guang Shan Buddha Museum||Buddha (Gautama)||Kaohsiung||Republic of China||48 metres (157 ft)||Bronze, sits upon a 60 m (200 ft) pedestal. 108 m (354 ft) total height.||2011|
|Virgen de la Paz (Virgin of Peace)||Mary||Trujillo, Trujillo||Venezuela||46.7 metres (153 ft)||Work of the sculptor Manuel de la Fuente. Tallest sculpture of the Virgin Mary in the world.||1983|
|Statue of Liberty (Liberty Enlightening the World)||Liberty, the Roman goddess||Liberty Island, New York||United States||46 metres (151 ft)||Stands upon a 47 m (154 ft) pedestal. 93 m (305 ft) total monument height.||1886|
|Nossa Senhora de Fátima||Our Lady of Fátima||Crato, Ceará||Brazil||45 metres (148 ft)||Tallest statue in Brazil||2016|
|Jixiang Dafo||Buddha||Xishuangbanna Dai Autonomous Prefecture||China||45 metres (148 ft)||At Mengle Buddhist Temple||2008|
|Phra Puttamingmongkol Akenakkiri Buddha||Buddha (Gautama)||Phuket||Thailand||45 metres (148 ft)||||2008|
|Virgen del Socavón||Mary||Oruro||Bolivia||45 metres (148 ft)||2013|
|Tong Lam Lo Son Amitabha Buddha||Buddha (Amitābha)||Nha Trang, Vietnam||Vietnam||44 metres (144 ft)||||2012|
|Kailashnath Mahadev Statue||Shiva||Kathmandu||Nepal||43.5 metres (143 ft)||Tallest statue of a Hindu deity. The Tallest Lord Shiva statue in the world.||2010|
|God of Longevity of Rugao||Shòuxing (寿星 or 寿神), lit. "Star/God of Longevity"||Rugao, Jiangsu||China||43 metres (141 ft)||Bronze statue, it is considered the tallest in the world representing the Longevity God of Chinese religion. It is the central focus of a folk religious or Taoist temple.||2010s|
|Lord Murugan Statue||Murugan||Batu Caves, Gombak||Malaysia||42.7 metres (140 ft)||Tallest statue in Malaysia. Second tallest statue of a Hindu deity and tallest Murugan statue in the world||2006|
|Mazu of Tianjin||Mazu (sea goddess)||Tianjin||China||42.3 metres (139 ft)||2012|
|Buddha Dordenma||Shakyamuni Buddha||Thimphu||Bhutan||42.2 metres (138 ft)||contains 100,000 8-inch-tall and 25,000 12-inch-tall gilded bronze Buddha statuettes||2015|
|Santa Rita de Cássia||Rita of Cascia||Santa Cruz, Rio Grande do Norte||Brazil||42 metres (138 ft)||Stands on a pedestal and wears an 6 m crown. 56 m (184 ft) total monument height. 8 m||2010|
|Grand Byakue Kannon||Kannon (Guanyin)||Takasaki, Gunma Prefecture||Japan||41.8 metres (137 ft)||||1936|
|Great Mazu of Chunan||Mazu (sea goddess)||Miaoli County||Republic of China||41.4 metres (136 ft)||1984|
|Batamulla Kanda Buddhist Centre||Buddha (Gautama)||Matugama||Sri Lanka||41 metres (135 ft)||||2016|
|Veera Abhaya Anjaneya Hanuman Swami||Hanuman||Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh||India||41 metres (135 ft)||World's tallest statue of Lord Hanuman and also India's tallest statue.||2003|
|Guanyin of Lianhuashan||Guanyin||Lianhuashan, Guangzhou, Guangdong||China||40.8 metres (134 ft)||While the statue was completed in 1994. The gold plating was refinished in 2000||1994|
|Thiruvalluvar Statue||Thiruvalluvar||Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu, India||India||40.6 metres (133 ft)||Tiruvalluvar is author of the Tirukkural. Tirukkural is a classic Tamil text consisting of 1,330 couplets or Kurals, dealing with the everyday virtues of an individual||1999|
|Shichikama Shokannon||Kannon||Nishisonogi District, Nagasaki||Japan||40 metres (130 ft)||Standing||1990|
|Shinran Shonin||Shinran||Kitakanbara District, Niigata||Japan||40 metres (130 ft)||Standing||1990|
|José María Morelos statue||José María Morelos||Janitzio island, Michoacán||Mexico||40 metres (130 ft)||Made of pink stone blocks||1934|
|Genghis Khan Equestrian Statue||Genghis Khan||Tsonjin Boldog, Tuv Province||Mongolia||40 metres (130 ft)||Tallest equestrian statue||2007|
|Standing Amitābha Buddha of Fo Guang Shan||Buddha (Amitābha)||Kaohsiung||Republic of China||40 metres (130 ft)||Surrounded by 480 smaller statues.||1975|
|Atatürk Mask||Mustafa Kemal Atatürk||Buca in the Izmir Province||Turkey||40 metres (130 ft)||Work of the sculptor Harun Atalayman||2009|
|True Martial Great Deity of Yunxi Gushan||Zhenwudadi (真武大帝 "True Martial Great Deity"), the Black God||Gushan, Yunxi, Hubei||China||39 metres (128 ft)||||2016|
|Tathagata Tsal||Buddha||Ravangla, Sikkim||India||39 metres (128 ft)||||2013|
|Big Buddha Statue of Wat Phothikyan Phut Thak Tham||Buddha (Amitābha)||Pasir Puteh, Kelantan||Malaysia||39 metres (128 ft)||The Theravada Buddhist abbot of the Twin Dragon Temple saw that buddha in a dream||2009|
|Hongguang Shan Giant Buddha||Buddha (Gautama)||Ürümqi, Xinjiang||China||38.8 metres (127 ft)||||2004|
|Nanshan Dafo||Buddha (Gautama)||Yantai||China||38.7 metres (127 ft)||Sitting||2004|
|Daishaka||Buddha (Gautama)||Tamana, Kumamoto||Japan||38.5 metres (126 ft)||Sitting||1979|
|Dhyana Buddha Statue||Buddha (Gautama)||Amaravathi, Andhra Pradesh||India||38 metres (125 ft)||2006|
|Laozi of Laojunshan Mountain||Laozi||Luanchuan County, Luoyang, Henan province||China||38 metres (125 ft)||Gilded bronze statue.||2010|
|Statuia Tineretului||Youth flame||Straja, Constanța||Romania||38 metres (125 ft)||1985|
|Statue of Padmasambhava in Rewalsar||Guru Rinpoche||Rewalsar, Himachal Pradesh||India||37.5 metres (123 ft)||2012|
|Replica of the Statue of Liberty in front of the Havan store||Liberty||Barra Velha||Brazil||37 metres (121 ft)||Stands on top of a tall pedestal. 20 m||2011|
|Shiva of Murudeshwara||Shiva||Murudeshwara, district of Uttara Kannada, Karnataka||India||37 metres (121 ft)||The second tallest statue of Lord Shiva in the world. The tallest statue of Shiva in India.||2006|
|Rong Xian Buddha||Buddha (Maitreya)||Rong Xian, Sichuan province||China||37 metres (121 ft)||After the Leshan Giant Buddha it is the second tallest pre-modern statue.||817||}|
|The Merlion of Sentosa||A merlion||Sentosa||Singapore||37 metres (121 ft)||1996|
|Da Guan Gong||Guan Yu||Hsinchu||Republic of China||36.6 metres (120 ft)||1975|
|Christ the King||Jesus||Świebodzin||Poland||36 metres (118 ft)||Includes a tall metal crown. 3 m Stands on top of a stone bank. 16 m total monument height. The tallest Christ statue in the world. (2011) 52 m||2010|
|Guanyin of Chongyuan Temple||Guanyin (Avalokitesvara)||Suzhou, Jiangsu province||China||33 metres (108 ft)||indoor statue made of gilded bronze. 88 tons||2007|
|Statue of Padmasambhava in Namchi||Guru Rinpoche||Namchi, Sikkim||India||36 metres (118 ft)||2004|
|Saibaba||Sai Baba of Shirdi||Repuru , Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh||India||35.5 metres (116 ft)||Tallest statue of Sai Baba in the world||2015|
|Alyosha monument||World War II USSR soldier||Murmansk||Russia||35.5 metres (116 ft)||Stands upon a pedestal. 7 m||1974|
|Basaveshwara statue||Basava||Bishma Lake, Gadag, Karnataka||India||35.35 metres (116.0 ft)||Tallest statue of Lord Basava in the world||2014|
|Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara of Tazawako||Avalokitesvara||Tazawako, Akita prefecture||Japan||35 metres (115 ft)||1939|
|Birth of the New Man||Christopher Columbus||Sevilla||Spain||35 metres (115 ft)||1995|
|Mogao Caves North Big Statue||Buddha (Maitreya)||Dunhuang, Gansu||China||35.5 metres (116 ft)||Near South Big Statue sitting Maitreya built during 26 mKaiyuan era||694|
|Adiyogi Shiva statue||Shiva||Coimbatore, India||India||34.2 metres (112 ft)||Largest and tallest bust in the world, made up of 500 tonnes of steel. Height of symbolically denotes that Adiyogi gave 112 ways to explore the human system. 112 ft||2017|
|Cristo de la Concordia||Jesus||Cochabamba||Bolivia||34.2 metres (112 ft)||Stands upon a pedestal. 6.2 m||1994|
|Pegasus and Dragon||Pegasus and Dragon||Hallandale Beach, Florida||United States||33.5 metres (110 ft)||Tallest, largest equine and European dragon statues, second tallest in the US||2014|
|Tian Tan Buddha||Buddha (Gautama)||Ngong Ping, Lantau Island||China||33.2 metres (109 ft)||1993|
|Hungludi Tudigong Xiang||Tu Di Gong||New Taipei City||Republic of China||33.2 metres (109 ft)||2000s (approx.) |
|Statue of Ahimsa||Adinath||Mangi-Tungi,100 km (62 mi) from Dhule||India||33 metres (108 ft)||World's tallest Jain idol (127 feet including pedestal) and also largest monolith statue in the world||2016|
|Adinath||Rishabhanatha||Palitana, Gujarat||India||33 metres (108 ft)||Tallest Svetambara Jain idol||2015|
|Sankat Mochan Dham||Hanuman||Karol Bagh, New Delhi||India||33 metres (108 ft)||2008 |
|Maoshan Laozi Shenxiang||Laozi||near Zhenjiang, Jiangsu province||China||33 metres (108 ft)||1998|
|Xuedoushan Maitreya Big Buddha||Buddha (Maitreya)||Fenghua||China||33 metres (108 ft)||Sitting Budai||2008|
|Yishan Dafo||Buddha (Gautama)||Guanyun County||China||33 metres (108 ft)||Sitting||2009|
|Guanshiyin Pusa Shengxiang in Guanyin Shan||Guanyin||Dongguang||China||33 metres (108 ft)||Carving||2001|
|Notre-Dame du Sacré-Coeur (fr) (Our Lady of the Sacred Heart)||Mary||Le Mas-Rillier in Miribel, Ain||France||33 metres (108 ft)||Over a building/pedestal. 53 metres (174 ft) total height. 20 m||1941|
|Mangal Mahadev||Shiva||Ganga Talao lake||Mauritius||33 metres (108 ft)||2007|
|Sri Tallapaka Annamacharya||Annamacharya||Tallapaka, Andhra Pradesh||India||33 metres (108 ft)||Telugu poet and musician||2008|
|Hanuman Murti in Shahjahanpur||Hanumat Dham||Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh||India||33 metres (108 ft)||Standing||2013|
|Jakhoo Hanuman temple||Hanuman||Shimla, Himachal Pradesh||India||33 metres (108 ft)||Located at 8,500 feet (2,600 m) above sea level||2010|
|Basava Statue At Basavakalyan Bidar||Basava||Bidar, Basavakalyan, Karnataka||India||33 metres (108 ft)||The tallest Lord Basava Statue in the world.||2012|
|Junkin Kaiun Hoju Daikanzeon Bosatsu||Kannon||Ichishi District, Mie||Japan||33 metres (108 ft)||Standing||1982|
|Taniyama no Daikannon||Kannon||Kagoshima||Japan||33 metres (108 ft)||Standing||2001|
|Golden Buddha (Maitreya) of Beopjusa||Buddha (Maitreya)||Naesongni-myeon, Chungcheongbuk-do province||South Korea||33 metres (108 ft)||1990|
|Durga Maa Bhavani||Durga||Ganga Talao lake||Mauritius||33 metres (108 ft)||Largest statue of Durga Maa||2017|
|Mazu Statue||Mazu||Xinwu District, Taoyuan City||Republic of China||32.7 metres (107 ft)||2001|
|Mindroling Monastery Buddha statue||Buddha (Gautama)||Dehradun, Uttarakhand state||India||32.6 metres (107 ft)||1965|
|Luang Pho To||Buddha (Maitreya)||Bangkok||Thailand||32.5 metres (107 ft)||1927 |
|Diskit Monastery Buddha statue||Buddha (Maitreya)||Diskit, Nubra Valley, Ladakh||India||32 metres (105 ft)||2010|
|Hanuman in Nandura||Hanuman||Maharashtra||India||32 metres (105 ft)|
|Statue of Mao in Juzizhou||Mao Zedong||Yuelu District, Changsha||China||32 metres (105 ft)||2009|
|Statue of Jesus in Saidnaya||Jesus||Saidnaya, Syria||Syria||32 metres (105 ft)||2013|
|Bhaisajyaguru of the Nihon-ji Temple||Buddha (Bhaisajyaguru)||Kyonan, Awa District, Chiba||Japan||31 metres (102 ft)||Largest pre-modern Japan sculpture||1790 (approx.)|
|Sacred Heart of Jesus||Jesus||Roxas, Capiz||Philippines||31 metres (102 ft)||Mounted on a 9-Meter pedestal with a total height of . 40 m||2015|
|Mangal Mahadev||Shiva||Gangtan, Sampla Beri Road Haryana||India||30.8 metres (101 ft)||Standing Statue||2012|
|Jalesveva Jayamahe||Navy Officer||Surabaya||Indonesia||30.6 metres (100 ft)||Standing upon 30 metres concrete building. Total height 60.6 m||1996|
|Shiva of the Har Ki Pauri||Shiva||Haridwar, Uttarakhand||India||30.5 metres (100 ft)||The third tallest statue of Lord Shiva in the world. The second tallest statue of Lord Shiva in India||2012|
|São Francisco de Canindé||Francis of Assisi||Canindé, Ceará||Brazil||30.5 metres (100 ft)||Tallest statue in the Brazilian state of Ceará. Tallest statue of Saint Francis in the world.||2005|
|Bronze Guan Yin of Kek Lok Si Temple||Guanyin||Air Itam, Penang island||Malaysia||30.2 metres (99 ft)||Sheltered inside a 60.9m tall pavilion, the tallest in the world||1999|
|Abbirajupalem Hanuman Statue||Hanuman||Doddipatla, Andhra Pradesh||India||30 metres (98 ft)||Standing||2013|
|Christ Blessing (Patung Yesus Memberkati, Kristus Kase Berkat)||Jesus||Manado||Indonesia||30 metres (98 ft)||Stands on a pedestal. 20 m||2007|
|Obinzurusama||Pindola Bharadvaja||Yamaga, Kumamoto||Japan||30 metres (98 ft)||Standing||1607|
|Cristo Resucitado (Christ Resurrected)||Jesus||Tlalnepantla de Baz, Mexico State||Mexico||30 metres (98 ft)||Stands on a tall pedestal. 40 m (130 ft) total height. 10 m||1979 (approx.) |
|Virgen de El Panecillo (Virgin in The Panecillo)||Woman of the Apocalypse||Quito||Ecuador||30 metres (98 ft)||Stands on a pedestal. 41 m (135 ft) total 11 m||1976|
|Christ the Redeemer (Cristo Redentor)||Jesus||Rio de Janeiro||Brazil||30 metres (98 ft)||Stands on a pedestal. 39.6 m (130 ft) total monument height 9.5 m||1931|
|Wat Machimmaram||Buddha||Phra Buddha Bharameedharm Chamruslok Temple, Kelantan||Malaysia||30 metres (98 ft)||Sitting||2001|
|The Kelpies||Horses||Falkirk||United Kingdom||30 metres (98 ft)||2013|
|Juche Tower statues||Worker, peasant and intellectual||Pyongyang, North Korea||North Korea||30 metres (98 ft)||1982|
|Completed||Destroyed||Cause of destruction||Notes||Ref|
|Great Buddha of Bamiyan||Vairocana Buddha||Bamiyan Province||Afghanistan||55 m (180 ft)||554||2001||destroyed by the Taliban|||
|Minor Buddha of Bamiyan||Gautama Buddha||Bamiyan province||Afghanistan||37 m (121 ft)||507||2001||destroyed by the Taliban|||
|Colossus of Nero||Nero||Rome||Italy||36 m (118 ft)||75||unknown||unknown||later renamed as Colossus Solis|||
|Gilded Statue of Mao Zedong sitting in a chair||Mao Zedong||Tongxu County, Henan||China||36 m (118 ft)||2016||Dismantled||Dismantled before completion|||
|The Cosmoplanetary Messiah||Gilbert Bourdin||near Castellane, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence||France||33 m (108 ft)||1990||2001||demolished||Built without permit by Aumism group, and demolished by authorities|||
|Colossus of Rhodes||Helios||Rhodes island, Dodecanese region||Greece||30 m (98 ft)||280 BC||226 BC||earthquake||Tallest statue of the ancient world|||
Proposed or under construction
|Notes||Planned completion date||Coordinates|
|India||||Statue of Unity||Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel||Sadhu Bet riverbed, Gujarat||182 m (597 ft)||The construction was started on 31 October 2014.||31 October 2018|
|US||||Crazy Horse Memorial||Crazy Horse||Black Hills, South Dakota||172 m (564 ft)||Construction began in 1948. The project is still far from completion.|
|Greece||||New Colossus of Rhodes||Colossus of Rhodes||Rhodes||150 m (490 ft)||Planned to be five times taller than the original. Permanently shelved in the wake of the Greek economic crisis.||disputed|
|China||||Laozi Statue||Laozi||Wudang Mountains in Hubei Province||130 metres (430 ft)|
|China||||Bodhisattva Manjusri statue||Jiangbei District, Chongqing||108 metres (354 ft)|
|China||||Padmasambhava statue||Padmasambhava||Ngawa Prefecture, Sichuan||108 metres (354 ft)|
|India||||Lord Shiva Statue||Shiva||Ganesh Tekri Nathdwara, Rajasthan||107 metres (351 ft)||Funded by Miraj Group. Construction began August, 2012|
|India||||Statue of Equality||Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar||Indu Mill, Mumbai, Maharashtra||106.7 m (350 ft)||under construction as of 2018|
|China||||Maitreya Buddha statue||Maitreya Buddha||Nanchong||99 metres (325 ft)||carving|
|China||||Emperor Yao||Emperor Yao||Gaoyou||99 metres (325 ft)||bronze statue|
|Philippines||||Montemaria Statue (Mother of All Asia-Tower of Peace)||Virgin Mary||Batangas City||88 metres (289 ft)||Total height of concrete and stainless steel monument is96 metres (315 ft). Construction began in 2014.||2021|
|China||||Lutian Ruyi Guanyin statue||Suzhou||88 metres (289 ft)|
|China||||Wufang Dafo||Five Dhyani Buddhas||Qinhuangdao||81 metres (266 ft)||carving|
|India||||Shiv Smarak||Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj||Off the coast of Mumbai, Maharashtra||75.7 m (248 ft)||212 m (696 ft) total height, 126 m (413 ft) statue, 75.7 m (248 ft) to top of figure (excluding sword).||2021|
|Myanmar||||Sitting Buddha at Bodhi Tahtaung||Maha Bodhi Tahtaung, Monywa, Sagaing Division||74 metres (243 ft)||Under construction as of May 2018[update]|
|China||||Yangshan Dafo||Gautama||Urad Rear Banner, Inner Mongolia||69 metres (226 ft)|
|China||||Bodhidharma statue||Bodhidharma||Nanjing||68 metres (223 ft)|
|India||||Shree Adhbhutnath Mahadev||Shiva||Delhi||61.26 metres (201.0 ft)||In progress by Indian Artist Murtikar Chandulal Verma|
|Indonesia||||Anugerah Statue||Noah||Anugerah Hill in Sitahuis, Central Tapanuli, Sumatra||60 metres (200 ft)||Designed and partially fabricated by Nyoman Nuarta|
|China||||Jiangtaishan Dafo||Maitreya Buddha, sitting||Hangzhou||50 metres (160 ft)||carving|
|United Kingdom||||The White Horse at Ebbsfleet||Kent, England||50 metres (160 ft)||As of June 2012[update], the project was stalled for a lack of funding.||stalled|
|India||||Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Statue (Lucknow)||Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh||45.72 metres (150.0 ft)|
|India||||Maitreya Project||Maitreya||Bodh Gaya, Bihar||45 metres (148 ft)||The Maitreya Project now intends to construct relatively modest statues in Kushinagar and Bodhgaya||change of scope|
|India||||Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Statue||Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar||NTR Gardens amusement park, Hyderabad, Telangana||38.1 metres (125 ft)||Stalled due to land dispute as of October 2017[update].||stalled|
|Malaysia||||Goddess Mazu statue||Kudat, Borneo Island||33 metres (108 ft)||Proposed in 2005, shelved in 2006. Reconsidered in 2018.|
|China||||Sanxiaoliangliang statue||zh:三霄娘娘||Huoqiu||33 metres (108 ft)|
|Slovakia||||Christ the Redeemer||Prešov||33 metres (108 ft)||The statue should start building in about 2012.|
|India||||Stok buddha statue||village Stok, Leh district, Jammu and Kashmir||32 metres (105 ft)|
|Republic of China||||Zheng Chenggong statue||Dashenxiang riding horse||Chiayi County||30.35 metres (99.6 ft)|
|India||||Statue of Buddha||Lord Buddha||Hatyal village, Basavakalyan, Bidar district, state of Karnataka||30 metres (98 ft)|
- List of statues
- List of tallest bridges
- List of tallest buildings
- List of tallest structures
- List of the tallest statues in the United States
- List of the tallest statues in India
- List of colossal sculpture in situ
- New Seven Wonders of the World
- Colossi of Memnon
- List of largest monoliths
- (in Chinese) 中国佛山金佛-153米卢舍那佛 - 墨宝斋 Archived 2008-09-01 at the Wayback Machine.
- "中國十大佛像 - 堯山大佛 世界之最".
- "Myanmar Travel : Myanmar News". myanmarplg.com.
- [http://www.iijnet.or.jp/am/Eindex.html Usiku Daibutsu | Usiku Jyoen |] Archived October 12, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- (in Chinese)  Archived November 6, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- 北の京芦別. Archived November 3, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "全国の大仏・大観音等一覧表". nifty.com. Archived from the original on 2016-11-02. Retrieved 2013-03-24.
- "Lingshan Grand Buddha, Wuxi Lingshan Buddha Scenic Area". www.chinadiscovery.com. Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- Seryakov, Mike. "Chinese Island of Hainan. P.1". CruiseBe. Retrieved 14 August 2018.
- 70-crore plan for idol installation at Mangi-Tungi, 8 August 2018
- "PressTV-China unveils world's tallest Confucius statue".
- "Khánh thành tượng Quan Thế Âm tại Đà Nẵng – 7/30/2010 – QĐND". baomoi.com.
- "Discover China". www.facebook.com. April 26, 2017. Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- "Are you ready for an exclusive and exciting update on Statue of Equality!?". www.statueofequality.org. Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- (in Japanese) 大本山 成田山 久留米分院.
- "组图：山西运城建成世界最大关公塑像 高达61米". sohu.com.
- "Thailand's Tallest Standing Buddha". Thai Travel News & Events.
- Weihai Tourism - Chishan Mountain Scenic Spot Archived 2016-11-07 at the Wayback Machine.
- kuaidu.com.cn: 中国最大的关公像在那
- "小鎮上的觀光勝地---開元殿". hinet.net. Archived from the original on 2014-04-13.
- "嘉義縣溪口鄉公所-名勝古蹟". cyhg.gov.tw. Archived from the original on 2014-04-13.
- (in Chinese) 106 Meter High Statue of Emperors Yan and Huang Built
- 壹 - 正德慈善癌症中西醫院 - 痞客邦PIXNET
- (in Spanish) Guerrero Chimalli | Chimalhuacán, Estado de México, edemx.com
- 东林大佛_庐山东林寺無限的智悲[dead link] Archived March 1, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Liuding Mountain Scenic Area, Yanbian, Jilin". www.travelchinaguide.com. Retrieved 17 August 2018.
- "峨眉山十方普贤菩萨修建纪事 - 峨眉山草根人家青年旅舍". www.57ems.com.
- National Park Service, US Department of the Interior. http://www.nps.gov/archive/stli/prod02.htm Archived 7 April 2010 at WebCite
- phuketbigbuddha.com Archived December 15, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- VnExpress. "Tượng Phật A Di Đà lớn nhất Việt Nam". Tin nhanh VnExpress.
- vietnamnet. "Vietnam's largest Amitabha Buddha statue". Talk Vietnam.
- "World's tallest Shiva statue unveiled in Nepal". News. The Economic Times. June 21, 2010. Retrieved March 3, 2012.
- Alamy stock photo: The giant bronze statue of Longevity God in Rugao, east China.
- Foundation, Buddha Dordenma Image. "Explore the Uniqueness of the Buddha Dordenma Project ~ world's largest Shakyamuni Buddha construction in Bhutan". www.buddhadordenma.org. Retrieved 14 August 2018.
- (in Japanese) 大観音の森・関東、中部[permanent dead link]
- "竹南后厝龍鳳宮". Archived from the original on 2018-02-21. Retrieved 2018-08-20.
- "South Asia's tallest standing Buddha statue unveiled in Sri Lanka". www.colombopage.co.
- (in Chinese) 广州番禺区莲花山简介-易游商旅网-广东旅游 Archived 2007-04-16 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Genghis Khan Statue, Mongolia – Largest Equestrian Statue - Giant Statues". giganticstatues.com.
- "Fo Guang Shan Temple and Buddha Memorial Center, Kaohsiung". Ministry of Interior Affairs, Republic of China (Taiwan). Retrieved 21 August 2018.
- E. Kaan Paker, Ambiyans Bilgi ve İletişim. "Defne Mühendislik Tasarım, Ürün Geliştirme ve İmalat San. Tic. Ltd. Şti". defnemuhendislik.com.
- http://www.fxxww.net/p/33007.html[permanent dead link]
- "郧西天河旅游区建世界最高真武大帝铜像_湖北省山水国际旅行社". www.wudangyou.com.
- The Office of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama. "News - The Office of His Holiness The Dalai Lama". dalailama.com. Archived from the original on 2013-05-27.
- (in Chinese) 泰佛部落: 六月2009
- (in Chinese) "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-04-20. Retrieved 2009-12-18.
- (in Chinese) People set up statue of Laozi, founder of Taoism
- "Loja de departamentos inaugura em SC réplica da Estátua da Liberdade" [Department store inaugurates in Santa Catarina a replica of Statue of Liberty] (in Portuguese). G1. 2011-06-17. Retrieved 2014-09-29.
- "World's tallest Siva idol". 8 April 2005.
- (in Chinese)从乐山弥勒大佛说隐形山岳佛_华人佛教_凤凰网荣县大佛留下四个千古之谜 Archived 2013-11-13 at the Wayback Machine.
- "::新竹古奇峰::普天宮::". guchi.com.tw. Archived from the original on 2014-02-23.
- "Rio wschodu". 2009-01-29. Archived from the original on 2010-11-07. Retrieved 2010-11-04.
- "Yahoo奇摩". Yahoo奇摩. Archived from the original on November 13, 2013.
- "唐宋时期敦煌社人修建莫高窟的活动 - 宝华寺" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2013-03-24.
- "PM Narendra Modi unveils first 112-foot tall Shiva statue in Coimbatore: 5 facts to know!". The Financial Express. 2017-02-23. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "南山福德宮 - 烘爐地 - 廟方網站". www.hunglodei.org.
- 70-crore plan for idol installation at Mangi-Tungi, The Times of India, 4 December 2015
- "વિશ્વમાં એકમાત્ર આદિનાથ દાદાની 108 ફૂટ ઊંચી પ્રતિમાની સાલગીરી". Divya Bhaskar (in Gujarati). 7 February 2016. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
- "About 108 Foot Sankat Mochan Dham Timing and Highlights - 108 फुट संकट मोचन धाम - BhaktiBharat.com". BhaktiBharat.com.
- 中国五方大佛、四大菩萨造像 Archived June 20, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Découvrez la Dombes et la statue monumentale Notre Dame du Sacré Choeur au Mas Rillier". free.fr.
- "Basava Statue in Karnataka - Famous Statue in India". www.indiamapped.com. Retrieved 4 September 2018.
- Sharma, Kushagr (October 6, 2017). "Hindus in Mauritius have Made Hindus all over the World Proud - rightlog.in". rightlog.in. Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- "Corporation Tianhou Temple" Historical Marker, Xinwu: Taoyuan County Government, 2006. (in Chinese) & (in English)
- "14 Biggest Buddhas in Thailand - Phuket Magazine".
- "中國評論新聞：揭秘橘子洲毛澤東雕塑為何長髮飄逸（組圖）". chinareviewnews.com.
- "Statue of Jesus erected on Syrian hilltop". The Guardian. 2 November 2013. Retrieved 22 December 2016.
- Haridwar Archived October 22, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Archives". thestar.com.my.
- "Wat Machimmaram, Malaysia's Largest Sitting Buddha Statue". Malaysia Traveller. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "Saacred Land Film Project". Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- "Zenodorus' Colossus of Nero". JSTOR 4238781.
- "China just destroyed this 120-foot-tall gold statue of Chairman Mao" January 8, 2016 washingtonpost.com
- "French guru crashes to earth", BBC News, 6 September 2001.
- Clayton, Peter A.; Price, Martin (9 June 1989). "The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World". Psychology Press – via Google Books.
- Official Blog site of Narendra Modi | Chief Minister Government of Gujarat | Statue of Unity Archived November 2, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Crazy Horse Memorial Foundation - Crazy Horse Memorial Foundation". Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- Williams, Kate (27 December 2015). "Rhodes reconstruction project will be a colossal gamble for Greece - Kate Williams". the Guardian.
- "99-meter-high Emperor Sui and 130-meter-high Laozi". www.chenlusheng.com (in Chinese). Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- "昌列寺最大一个功德项目正式公开，接受随喜_湖心亭看雪客_新浪博客". sina.com.cn.
- Gupta, Abhay. "Making of A Monument: 351-feet high SHIVA STATUE at NATHDWARA, INDIA" (PDF). Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- "Indu Mill "Grand Memorial of Bharatratna Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar"". Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- "四川南充雕刻世界第一大石窟立佛像 总高99米(图)". ifeng.com.
- Tulfo, Ramon (8 March 2014). "Another Montemaria shrine rising in Batangas City". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- "300 ft Virgin Mary statue stands tall in Batangas - The Filipino Times". filipinotimes.net. The Filipino Times. February 14, 2018. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- "苏州大观音禅寺如意观音塑造时出现明亮光球_湖心亭看雪客_新浪博客". sina.com.cn.
- India, Press Trust of (7 March 2018). "Maha govt reduced Shivaji statue height to 126 metres: Chavan". Business Standard India. Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- "Fadnavis govt retains Shivaji's statue as world's tallest, increases height after China's Buddha statue competes". India Today. Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- "Cost cutting: For Shivaji memorial, Maharashtra makes sculpture shorter, sword taller". The Indian Express. 16 July 2018. Retrieved 17 September 2018.
- Bodhi1000 on Facebook
- "Escape the monsoon". MYANMORE. 7 May 2018. Retrieved 24 September 2018.
- 内蒙古乌拉特后旗将建69米高阳山大佛_各地新闻_新闻_腾讯网[permanent dead link]
- "幕府山腰要建68米高达摩像 南京将复建幕府山五景". fjnet.com.
- "2007 Indonesia". umich.edu. July 2007. Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- "Tourism Objects in Central Tapanuli". balitour.net. Retrieved 24 September 2018.
- "Beguiling Bandung". TravelAge West. Retrieved 24 September 2018.
- "將台山要建世界第一大佛". buddhistdoor.com.
- "B. R. Ambedkar’s tallest statue in Lucknow". 14 April 2015.
- Maitreya Project Archived August 10, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Hyderabad to get tallest Ambedkar statue". 9 April 2016 – via www.thehindu.com.
- Afza, Patan (October 2017). "Giant Ambedkar statue project faces roadblock in Hyderabad". The Hans India. Hyderabad Media House Limited. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- Patrick, Tracy (26 May 2018). "World's tallest Mazu statue may yet rise in Kudat". Free Malaysia Today. FMT Media Sdn Bhd. Retrieved 4 September 2018.
- "霍邱旅游网——霍邱县着力加快旅游景区建设步伐". Archived from the original on 2014-10-18. Retrieved 2014-03-29.
- "Na Slovensku bude najvyššia socha Krista v Európe". Aktuálne.sk. Archived from the original on 2008-04-30.
- "Projekt sochy Krista v Prešove je stále aktuálny". vyvlastnenie.sk.
- "Brett Cole Photography - Buddha statue under construction in Stok village near Leh, Ladakh, India photo". brettcolephotography.com.
- "〈中部〉鄭成功文化園區動土 萬人享素宴". libertytimes.com.tw. Archived from the original on 2013-06-19.
- "Buddha statue to come up at Hatyal". The Hindu. 3 November 2016. Retrieved 4 September 2018.