Muppet Babies (2018 TV series)
|Written by||Eric Shaw|
"Muppet Babies" Main Title Theme|
by Renée Elise Goldsberry
|Ending theme||"Muppet Babies" Main Title Theme (instrumental)|
|Composer(s)||Andy Bean, Keith Horn|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||26 (52 segments)|
|Executive producer(s)||Tom Warburton|
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Distributor||Disney–ABC Domestic Television|
|Original release||March 23, 2018– present|
|Related shows||Muppet Babies|
Muppet Babies is an American animated television series featuring toddler versions of the Muppets characters that began airing on Disney Junior and Disney Channel on March 23, 2018 and is aimed at a target audience of children from ages 4 to 7. It is a reboot of the original 1984–1991 animated series of the same name.
The show retains several of the younger incarnations of the classic Muppet characters seen in the previous series, including Baby Kermit, Baby Piggy, Baby Fozzie, Baby Gonzo, and Baby Animal. The series also sees the second appearance of Nanny (now known as "Miss Nanny", short for "Nancette"), and the first appearance of a new Muppet Babies member named Summer Penguin.
On September 7, 2018, it was renewed for a second season.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (September 2018)
- Kermit (voiced by Matt Danner) - A frog who enjoys acting out adventure.
- Piggy (voiced by Melanie Harrison) - A pig who considers herself a star and has a crush on Kermit. She mostly speaks in a high-pitched voice but would at times greatly deepen when she gets passionate or angry.
- Fozzie (voiced by Eric Bauza) - A bear who loves to tell jokes.
- Gonzo (voiced by Ben Diskin) - A "whatever" who is an aspiring stunt performer.
- Animal (voiced by Dee Bradley Baker) - A frenzied monster who likes playing the drums.
- Summer Penguin (voiced by Jessica DiCicco) - A purple penguin from the South Pole who loves to make art.
- Miss Nanny (voiced by Jenny Slate) - The caretaker of the Muppet Babies who is only seen from the shoulders down. The pattern on her stockings changes to reflect relevant elements in the episode plot. She won a gold medal in a gymnastics discipline at the Sport-A-Thon.
- Camilla - A white chick and Gonzo's best friend who is involved with the Muppet Babies' activities.
- Priscilla - One of Camilla's fellow chicks who is yellow.
- Beep - One of Camilla's fellow chicks who is brown and makes the sound of a car horn instead of clucking.
- Mr. Statler and Mr. Waldorf (voiced by Eric Bauza and Matt Danner respectively) - The neighbors of Miss Nanny who often comment about the Muppet Babies' activities from the balcony of their home.
- Rizzo the Rat (voiced by Ben Diskin) - A rat who lives in the mouse hole in the Muppet Babies' playroom.
- Bunsen Honeydew (voiced by Eric Bauza) - A young aspiring scientist.
- Beaker (voiced by Matt Danner) - Bunsen Honeydew's assistant.
- Dr. Teeth (performed by Bill Barretta) - The band leader of the Electric Mayhem. He appeared in a live-action transmission in "Muppet Rock" where he saw Animal perform backstage and is interested in having him join the Electric Mayhem. Animal turns him down for now as he needs to continue practicing.
- Rowlf the Dog - A dog who is an aspiring pianist.
Unlike the previous series, the update is produced using computer-generated animation and features two, 11-minute stories per episode. The series is aimed at children between the ages of four and seven.
Tom Warburton, best known for creating Cartoon Network's Codename: Kids Next Door, is the executive producer and Eric Shaw, former writer on Nickelodeon's SpongeBob SquarePants, is the story editor and co-producer. The show is a co-production between Disney Junior, Disney Television Animation, and The Muppets Studio.
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Storyboard by||Original air date||Prod.|
|1||"Sir Kermit the Brave"|
"Animal Fly Airplane"
|Guy Moore||Robyn Brown|
|March 23, 2018||101||0.89|
"Sir Kermit the Brave": At the time when he has a secret fear of the dark, Kermit imagines himself as a knight where he has an encounter with a dragon named Dot (Rachel Bloom).
"Animal Fly Airplane": Animal has expressed interest in wanting to fly an airplane when the rest of the Muppets imagine themselves flying into a airplane to Paris, France.Song for Sir Kermit the Brave: "What's So Scary About the Dark?" by Kermit and Dot
|Guy Moore||Laura Sreebny|
|March 23, 2018||104||0.89|
"Hatastrophe": While playing with Fozzie's propeller beanie, Kermit accidentally causes it to fall into the yard of their neighbors Mr. Statler and Mr. Waldorf and must lead the others into finding a way to return it to Fozzie.
"Fly South": Learning about the migration of birds upon seeing them fly south for the winter, Gonzo suspects that Camilla, Priscilla, and Beep are going to migrate when Miss Nanny plans to take them on a trip.Song for Fly South: "Never Have to Say Goodbye (To the Summer)"
|3||"The Great Muppet Sport-A-Thon"|
"You Say Potato, I Say Best Friend"
|Guy Moore||Michael Goldberg|
|March 30, 2018||103||0.87|
"The Great Muppet Sport-A-Thon" - The Muppet Babies put on a sporting competition that is watched by Mr. Statler and Mr. Waldorf. With help from Miss Nanny, Piggy has learn how to be a good sport and get back in the game after losing several events.
"You Say Potato, I Say Best Friend" - When Gonzo becomes best friends with a potato, the rest of the Muppet Babies must learn how to include it in their games.
Song for The Great Muppet Sport-A-Thon: "Get Back in the Game" by Miss NannySong for You Say Potato, I Say Best Friend: "Me and My Potato" by Gonzo
|4||"Super Fabulous Vs Captain Icecube"|
"Piggy's Time Machine"
|Guy Moore||Robyn Brown|
|April 6, 2018||102||0.86|
"Super Fabulous vs Captain Icecube": To make Piggy and Summer play together, Kermit has the group imagine that Miss Piggy is the superhero Super Fabulous and Summer as Captain Icecube where they must work together to save Kermit from Dr. Meanzo (Played by Gonzo), Noodler (Played by Fozzie), Dr. Meanzo's sidekick, Meanimal (Played by Animal).
"Piggy's Time Machine": Piggy is impatient for the arrival of her birthday, so the Muppet Babies imagine they have a time machine where Piggy unknowingly has everyone brought to the Mesozoic where they evade a Hug-A-Saurus Rex, the future where they meet Miss Nanny 2.0, the Signing of the United States Declaration of Independence, the Wright Brothers flights of 1909, Mark Antony's famous speech, the Viking Age, and the theme song of The Muppet Show (footage actually taken from the 2011 movie). They soon get stuck in Ancient Egypt when the time machine breaks down.
Song for Super Fabulous vs Captain Icecube: "Super Fabulous"Song for Piggy's Time Machine: "Good Things Come to Those Who Wait"
|5||"How Kermit Got His Groove"|
"One Small Problem"
|Guy Moore||Laura Sreebny|
|April 13, 2018||TBA||0.85|
"How Kermit Got His Groove": As the Muppet Babies clean up the playroom by music time, Rizzo the Rat moves out of the nearby mouse hole and starts making a mess of things. If the Muppet Babies want to reclaim the playroom, they'll have to bear Rizzo in a dance contest. Though he chooses Kermit as an opponent where Kermit can't dance. So the other Muppet Babies work to teach him before the dance off.
"One Small Problem": As Miss Nanny is baking cookies, Summer is tired of being the shortest her friends. To help Summer, Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker invent an Enlarge-O Ray to increase her size. However, it malfunctions and shrinks Summer to a small size. While Bunsen and Beaker work to fix the Enlarge-O Ray, the other Muppet Babies must find a way to have fun with a tiny-sized Summer.Song for How Kermit Got His Groove: "You Can Be a Dancer!"
|6||"The Blanket Fort"|
|Guy Moore||Niki Lytton|
|April 20, 2018||TBA||0.78|
"The Blanket Fort": Piggy and Summer build a blanket fort which leads to Blanketopia where Piggy is a queen and Summer is a princess. Though there are some rules that Piggy has the chicks enforce like no breaking things, no loud noises, no licking the walls, no exclaiming the answser "no" to the queen.
"Playground Pirates": When Miss Nanny's earring goes missing, Kermit imagines himself as Captain Greenbeard as he leads Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal, Summer, and Camilla into searching for it while overcoming obstacles por example, a storm, a giant squid, and some booby traps.
Song for The Blanket Fort: "The Rules of the Kingdom" by PiggySong for Playground Pirates: "Muppet Pirate Shanty"
|7||"Summer Penguin P.I."|
"You Ought To Be In Pictures"
|Guy Moore||Robyn Brown||Shawna Cha|
|April 27, 2018||TBA||0.85|
"Summer Penguin P.I.": When Piggy and Gonzo's checker board is flipped, Summer becomes a Sherlock Holmes style-detective to find out who is responsible.
"You Ought To Be In Pictures": During a field trip at the museum, a monkey from a painting steals Fozzie's lunchbox as the Muppet Babies work to reclaim it before lunchtime.Song for Summer Penguin P.I.: "I'm On the Case" by Summer
|8||"Kermit Levels Up"|
"Frogs of a Feather"
|Guy Moore||Robyn Brown|
|May 4, 2018||108||0.78|
"Kermit Levels Up": As Fozzie gets ready for his comedy show while Nanny starts to make strawberry muffins, Kermit plays a jetpack-themed video game that Mr. Statler accidentally dropped into their yard. The Muppet Babies imagine themselves in the game as Fozzie starts showing concern that they are more focused on the video game.
"Frogs of a Feather": Carlos, a blue frog (Todrick Hall) appears at Miss Nanny's house where she has him play with the Muppet Babies. Fozzie imagines him in a frog-themed hotel where he starts giving him treatment related to things that Kermit likes. Though Fozzie neglects to ask Carlos what he really likes causing the other Muppet Babies to take this action.Songs for Frogs of a Feather: "The Lily Pad Blues" and "What This Frog Likes" both by Carlos
|9||"Animal Cleans Up"|
"Best Pals Pizza Parlor Palace"
|Guy Moore||Glen Berger|
|June 8, 2018||110||0.57|
“Animal Cleans Up”: Animal has done a lot of things to give him a bad smell that even bother Mr. Statler and Mr. Waldorf like juggling eggs, chasing a skunk, eating a stinky cheese sandwich, and rolling in mud. The rest of the Muppet Babies imagine themselves having gone through a car wash as they work to get a vehicle version of Animal in it.
“Best Pals Pizza Parlor Palace”: Fozzie and Kermit, the best friends cannot agree on how to run their imaginary pizza parlor where Kermit wants it as the fancy "Best Pals Pizza Palace" and Fozzie wants it as the family fun "Best Pals Pizza Parlor" where they soon have to agree on what pizza to make when Rizzo shows up to their restaurant.Songs for Animal Cleans Up: "Car Wash" and "Dirty Zone" by Animal
|10||"The Good, The Bad, and The Froggy"|
Eric Shaw (Live Action "Dr. Teeth" Segment)
|Shawna Cha & Bill Breneisen|
|June 15, 2018||TBA||0.50|
“The Good, The Bad, and The Froggy”: After Kermit hurts his knee in tricycle race and no longer wants to ride a tricycle, the Muppet Babies go on a Wild West adventure where Galloping Gulch has its juice boxes stolen by Gonzo the Kid and Sundance the Potato and Sheriff Kermit must ride the tricycle again and defeat Gonzo the Kid.
“Muppet Rock”: The Muppet Babies form a Rock Band in order to perform at Muppet Rock-Splosion. They must get ready to perform by the time night falls. While Animal thinks that they need to practice, Piggy thinks that they should have other stuff for their performance.
Song for The Good, The Bad, and The Froggy: "Hopalong Froggy and the Buckin’ Bronco" by KermitSongs for Muppet Rock: "Do You Wanna Rock?" and "You Can Be A Star" by Piggy
"Tooth and Consequences"
|Guy Moore||Story by : Chelsea Beyl |
Written by : Dan Danko
|Jina Noh & Bill Breneisen|
Scott Jeralds & Bill Breneisen
|June 29, 2018||TBA||0.58|
"Upside-Down Day": When Summer has a case of bad-day-itis, Gonzo's cure is turning the whole playroom upside down.
"Tooth and Consequences": Animal gets disappointed when he loses a tooth and the tooth fairy doesn't come. He and his friends travel to the lair of the tooth fairy.
Songs for Upside-Down Day: "Upside-Downsy Conga" and "You're Not Alone" by KermitSong for Tooth and Consequences: "Fozzie’s Tooth Fairy Song" by Fozzie
|12||"The Great Gonzo's Desert Grand Prix"|
|Guy Moore||Travis Braun|
Cynthia Petrovic & Bill Breneisen
|July 20, 2018||TBA||0.54|
"The Great Gonzo's Desert Grand Prix": Gonzo decides to make everything a race and challenges the whole playroom to a grand prix which is commentated by Mr. Statler and Mr. Waldorf.
"Animal Kong": During quiet time, Animal isn't allowed to play the drums and becomes Animal Kong. With help from Rizzo, the Muppet Babies must find a away to calm him down.Song for Animal Kong: "I've Been There Buddy" by Summer
|13||"Bunsen Knows All"|
|Guy Moore||Steve Sullivan|
|Shawna Cha & Bill Breneisen|
|August 17, 2018||113||0.13|
"Bunsen Knows All": Bunsen is asked a question he doesn't know the answer to that revolves around where rubber chickens come from, so he fibs and the lie grows out of control.
"Doctor Fozzie": While playing pretend hospital, Doctor Fozzie quickly gets too many patients.
Song for Bunsen Knows All: “How to Grow a Rubber Chicken Tree” by BunsenSong for Doctor Fozzie: “Laughter is the Best-est Medicine” by Fozzie
"A Backyard Divided"
|Guy Moore||Story by : Steve Sullivan |
Written by : Matt Danner
|Stan Ruiz |
|September 14, 2018||117||TBD|
"Grandpa Camp": It's Grandparent's Day and since Fozzie has never met his grandparents, Kermit finds two people to fill in for him....Mr. Statler and Mr. Waldorf.
"A Backyard Divided": When Gonzo and Piggy can't seem to get along, they divide the backyard into two separate kingdoms with Animal and Summer on Gonzo's side and Kermit and Fozzie on Piggy's side.Song for Grandpa Camp: “I Don’t Know But I’ve Been Told”
"The Teeth-Chattering Tale of the Haunted Pancakes"
|Guy Moore||Michael Goldberg|
Cynthia Petrovic and Bill Breneisen
|October 5, 2018||114||TBD|
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Storyboards by||Original air date|| Viewers|
|"Muppet Babies: Show and Tell Special"||Guy Moore||Robyn Brown, Amy Keating Rogers, Eric Shaw and Laura Sreebny||Shawna Cha, Gloria Jenkins, Stan Ruiz, |
James Suhr, Hank Tucker,
|August 3, 2018||0.14|
|The Muppet Babies show Miss Nanny what they did for Show and Tell.|
|Season||Episodes||First aired||Last aired||Avg. viewers|
|1||13||March 23, 2018||0.89||TBA||TBD||0.74|
- Schwartz, Dana (January 25, 2018). "Meet the new Muppet Baby! A first look at Summer the penguin". Entertainment Weekly.
- Flaherty, Keely (January 25, 2018). "The Muppet Babies Are Returning To TV With A Brand New Muppet". Buzzfeed.
- "Jenny Slate To Voice Iconic Role Of Miss Nanny In Disney's 'Muppet Babies' Revival". Deadline.com. February 6, 2018.
- Swift, Andy (6 February 2018). "Muppet Babies Reboot: Jenny Slate to Voice the Iconic, Faceless 'Miss Nanny'".
- "A Brand New Muppet Babies is On the Way", OhMyDisney.com, October 26, 2016.
- Holloway, Daniel (October 26, 2016). "'Muppet Babies' Reboot Begins Production at Disney Junior". Variety. Retrieved October 26, 2016.
- Mitch Metcalf (March 26, 2018). "Top 150 Friday Cable Originals and Network Finals: 3.23.2018". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved March 26, 2018.
- Mitch Metcalf (April 2, 2018). "Top 150 Friday Cable Originals and Network Finals: 3.30.2018". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved April 2, 2018.
- Mitch Metcalf (April 9, 2018). "Top 150 Friday Cable Originals and Network Finals: 4.6.2018". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved April 16, 2018.
- Mitch Metcalf (April 16, 2018). "Top 150 Friday Cable Originals and Network Finals: 4.13.2018". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved April 16, 2018.
- Mitch Metcalf (April 23, 2018). "Top 150 Friday Cable Originals and Network Finals: 4.20.2018". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved April 23, 2018.
- Mitch Metcalf (April 30, 2018). "Top 150 Friday Cable Originals and Network Finals: 4.27.2018". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved May 12, 2018.
- Mitch Metcalf (May 7, 2018). "Top 150 Friday Cable Originals and Network Finals: 5.4.2018". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved May 12, 2018.
- Metcalf, Mitch (June 11, 2018). "Top 150 Friday Cable Originals and Network Finals: 6.8.2918". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved June 29, 2018.
- Metcalf, Mitch (June 18, 2018). "Top 150 Friday Cable Originals and Network Finals: 6.15.2018". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved June 29, 2018.
- Mitch Metcalf (July 2, 2018). "Top 150 Friday Cable Originals and Network Finals: 6.29.2018". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved July 23, 2018.
- Mitch Metcalf (July 23, 2018). "Top 150 Friday Cable Originals and Network Finals: 7.20.2018". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved July 23, 2018.
- Mitch Metcalf (August 20, 2018). "Top 150 Friday Cable Originals and Network Finals: 8.17.2018". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved August 20, 2018.
- Metcalf, Mitch (August 6, 2018). "Top 150 Friday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 8.3.2018". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved August 18, 2018.
- "Top 150 Friday Cable Originals and Network Finals: 3.23.2018". Showbuzz Daily. March 26, 2018. Retrieved March 26, 2018.