National Register of Historic Places listings in Dorchester County, Maryland
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Dorchester County, Maryland.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Dorchester County, Maryland, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 27 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|Allegany - Anne Arundel - Baltimore (city) - Baltimore County - Calvert - Caroline - Carroll - Cecil - Charles - Dorchester - Frederick - Garrett - Harford - Howard - Kent - Montgomery - Prince George's - Queen Anne's - Somerset - St. Mary's - Talbot - Washington - Wicomico - Worcester|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Bethlehem Methodist Episcopal Church||June 7, 1979
|Hoopers Neck Rd.||Taylors Island|
|2||Brinsfield I Site||May 12, 1975
|3||Cambridge Historic District, Wards I and III||September 5, 1990
|Roughly bounded by Glasgow, Glenburn, Poplar, Race, and Gay Sts. and the Choptank River||Cambridge|
|4||Christ Episcopal Church and Cemetery||April 12, 1984
|5||Dale's Right||April 3, 1979
|South of Cambridge on Casson Neck Rd.||Cambridge|
|6||Dorchester County Courthouse and Jail||December 16, 1982
|206 High St.||Cambridge|
|7||East New Market Historic District||October 1, 1975
|Maryland Routes 14 and 16||East New Market|
|8||K. B. Fletcher Mill||December 14, 1978
|Address Restricted||East New Market|
|9||Friendship Hall||October 18, 1973
|Off Maryland Route 14||East New Market|
|10||Glasgow||October 8, 1976
|1500 Hambrooks Boulevard||Cambridge|
|11||Glen Oak Hotel||September 8, 1983
|201 Academy St.||Hurlock|
|12||Goldsborough House||December 29, 1988
|200 High St.||Cambridge|
|13||Grace Episcopal Church Complex||July 24, 1979
|Hooper Neck Rd.||Taylors Island|
|14||Handsell||March 26, 2008
|4835 Vienna Rhodesdale Rd.||Vienna|
|15||Hooper Island Light Station||December 2, 2002
|Approximately 5 miles south of Cove Pt||Hoopersville|
|16||Hughes A.M.E. Chapel||June 29, 2018
|4201 Maple Dam Rd.||Cambridge vicinity|
|17||LaGrange||January 24, 1980
|904 LaGrange Ave.||Cambridge|
|18||Annie Oakley House||May 7, 1996
|28 Bellevue Ave.||Cambridge|
|19||PATRICIA (log canoe)||September 18, 1985
|903 Roslyn Ave.||Cambridge|
|20||Pine Street Neighborhood Historic District||November 28, 2012
|High, Pine, & Washington Sts.||Cambridge|
|21||Rehoboth||November 9, 1972
|Western side of Punkum Rd.||Eldorado|
|22||Ridgeton Farm||October 5, 1977
|Southwest of Taylor Island on Bay Shore Rd.||Taylors Island|
|23||Rock Methodist Episcopal Church||May 28, 2014
|2403 MD 16||Cambridge|
|24||Stanley Institute||September 11, 1975
|South of Cambridge on Maryland Route 16||Cambridge|
|25||Sycamore Cottage||March 30, 1988
|417 High St.||Cambridge|
|26||Willin Village Archeological Site||May 12, 1975
|27||Yarmouth||March 29, 1978
|Southeast of Cambridge on Bestpitch Ferry Rd.||Cambridge|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Dorchester County, Maryland.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Maryland
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Maryland
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on December 21, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.