Skema Business School
|Motto||At Home Worldwide|
|Students||8000 (40,000 alumni)|
|Location||Paris, Lille, Sophia Antipolis (France), Raleigh (USA - North Carolina), Suzhou (China), Belo Horizonte (Brasil)|
EQUIS AACSB & AMBA |
Conférence des Grandes écoles
University of Lille
SKEMA Business School is a school created by the merger of two French schools, CERAM Business School and Groupe ESC Lille in 2009. The school offers a BBA in Global Management, masters, MBA, doctoral and executive education programs in China, France, Brazil and in the US.
The merger between CERAM Business School and ESC Lille was first announced on June 30, 2009. They now form a single non-profit organization approved by their respective governing bodies (the General Assembly of the French Riviera Chamber of Commerce and the Board of Directors of ESC Lille). The official ceremony and announcement of the new name took place November 16, 2009. CERAM Business School and ESC Lille were respectively founded in 1963 by the French Riviera Chamber of Commerce and in 1892 by Lille Chamber of Commerce. The school name, SKEMA, is derived from the Greek, skhêma (shape, figure, formation of an object) meaning schema in Latin. It also stands for the initial letters of "School of Knowledge Economy and Management".
The school is now the largest French business school in number of students (7,500), second in number of teachers (166) and fifth in terms of budget.
SKEMA has opened several international campuses to give its students an international experience. It has three sites in France in Lille, Paris and Sophia Antipolis near Nice and three sites in China (Suzhou), Brazil (Belo Horizonte) and in the USA (Raleigh, North Carolina, in cooperation with North Carolina State University). Several new campuses are envisioned in Australia, India (Bangalore) and Russia. Lille and Sophia Antipolis campuses are the historic locations of the ESC Lille and CERAM Business School.
The Lille campus is located in the Euralille business district in the north of France. The Lille campus gathers more than 2,200 students over 16,000 m2. Its latest addition is a tower opened in 2009. A partnership has been established with the Lille 2 University of Health and Law to develop joint-programmes and gather the institutions research efforts in the Lille School of Management Research Center.
The Sophia Antipolis campus is located in the technology park of that name in the southeast of France. A partnership with Science Po Aix offers joint-programmes, enabling business students to study political sciences.
|Ranking institution||Ranking name||Ranking area||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016|
|Financial Times||Master in Management||World||29th||32nd||27th||29th||28th||25th||26th|
SKEMA offers two Ph.D programmes taught in English: the International Ph.D in Management Science and the Ph.D in Strategy, Programme and Project Management.
SKEMA Business School offers a modular MBA which can be followed either full-time in 12 months or part-time in 24 months. It consists of mandatory courses and a specialization in one of 10 fields offered. The MBA is accredited by the Project Management Institute and the Association for Project Management and depending on the chosen specialization it prepares for other professional certifications such as the one offered by Chartered Institute of Management Accountants and the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA). The MBA is taught in English in Paris and is aimed at professionals with a minimum of 3 years experience.
The MSc programme is offered in 14 specializations. These programmes are taught in English over two semesters and are aimed at candidates with a four-years or three-years undergraduate degree and professional experience. Depending on the specialization one of the semester can be spent abroad in an international exchange at a SKEMA partner institution.
65 student societies are present in the Business School, in the fields of art, culture, business, environment, humanitarian and social aid, high tech, sport, student life, and international.
Interculture SKEMA and S'Konnection are the 2 main student unions in charge of welcoming international students from all over the world. They represent the open-minded spirit of the school.
Skema Conseil is a Junior Entreprise, student consultancy society, providing services to entrepreuners and firms. The society is present on Sophia Antipolis (French Riviera), Paris and Lille. SKEMA Conseil was elected "Best Junior Entreprise of 2012" 
AIESEC has offices in the Lille and Sophia-Antipolis campuses.
- Prince Joel Dawit Makonnen, Ethiopian prince
- "Schools merger finalised" by the Financial Times
- "Unique selling point: ESC Lille" by the Times Online
- "Skema Business School se présente au public" by Educpros.fr (in French)
- "Sun, sea and school" by the Financial Times
- "Le CERAM Business School et l'ESC Lille donnent naissance a la SKEMA Business School " by SupdeCo.org (in French)
- "News from the schools, July 2009" by The Economist
- "Skema opens campus in US, May 2010" by the Financial Times
- "European business schools opening U.S. campuses" by USA Today
- "Skema, une business school qui se veut differente" by Les Echos (in French)
- "Pour se maintenir dans les classements internationaux, les écoles de commerce françaises doivent être présentes sur les cinq continents" by Capital
- "ESC Lille : 4 000 m2 de nouveaux locaux pour 13 millions d’euros" by www.educpros.fr
- "Rapprochement de l'ESC Lille et de Lille 2 au sein du Collegium Lille - Nord de France" by La Voix Eco
- "SKEMA Business School et Sciences Po Aix-en-Provence partenaires!" by www.supdeco.org
- "Master in management 2010" by the Financial Times
- "Master in management 2011" by the Financial Times
- "Master in management 2012" by the Financial Times
- "Master in management 2012" by the Financial Times
- "Master in management 2014" by the Financial Times
- "Master in management 2015" by the Financial Times
- "PhD" by SKEMA Business School
- "MBA" by SKEMA Business School
- "Masters of Science" by SKEMA Business School
- " SKEMA website - student societies" by SKEMA website
-  "Invest in French Riviera information website - article on the merge of the two Junior Entreprise" by Invest on Cote d'azur
-  "website of the Junior Entreprise" by Skema Conseil