Template talk:Comarques of the Valencian Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|WikiProject Catalan-speaking countries (Inactive)|
|WikiProject Spain||(Rated Template-class)|
Proportions of the Valencian autonomous community Flag
- After a quite extensive search throughtout the whole internet, I haven't been able to find any single source to state that this flag has 1:2 proportions. No laws, no estatutes, no decrees... nothing. I have to say, that I ALMOST couldn't find anything to state it is 2:3 either... Only the source I gave some weeks ago, and that "some users" didn't believe... BUT, then, I thought about where to adress to ask for a confirmed source. And what better choice than the Spanish Vexillological Society (the SEV, see []) which, BTW is a member of the Fédération internationale des associations vexillologiques. So, I believe this source to be the most trustworthy of all.
- This said, I went to SEV site, [], and found a "banderas" (flags) link on the left. Then, I clicked on the "Comunidades Autónomas" link, see [], and then on the "Comunidad Valenciana/Comunitat Valenciana" one see [], to get here: [], where it clearly states a proportions of 2:3.
- But, maybe this society simply had these same proportions for all spanish autonomous communities flags... WRONG! let's see some examples:
- CASTILLA Y LEÓN: proportions 76:99. See, []
- CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: proportions 1:2. See, []
- COMUNIDAD DE MADRID: proportions 7:11. See, []
- PAÍS VASCO/EUSKADI: proportions 14:25. See, []
- Being ALL OTHERS of proportions 2:3.
- I sincerely hope this FINALLY ends the fight about the proportions. I gave the most trustworthy source available, which NO ONE can doubt. --Maurice27 14:04, 6 April 2007 (UTC)