Template talk:Pirates of the Caribbean
|WikiProject Film||(Rated Template-class)|
|WikiProject Disney||(Rated Template-class)|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Pirates of the Caribbean template.
- 1 East India Trading Company
- 2 Adventures in the Magic Kingdom
- 3 Overhauled template
- 4 Theme Park Attraction
- 5 Small Title Change
- 6 Template is too big.
- 7 Sao Feng should be listed under primary characters
- 8 Add "countries" to the template ??
- 9 Spoilers
- 10 Norrington
- 11 Why is kingdom hearts on here?
- 12 Redirect old template page to new template page
- 13 Problem
- 14 My Jolly Sailor Bold
East India Trading Company
Doesn't anyone think a seperate article should be created for the company portrayed in the film since it bears no relation to the actual company of the time- the uniforms, flag, even the name of the company (and many other things) are completely different to that of the real British East India Company. You only have to glance at the article to see that.126.96.36.199 23:11, 27 May 2007 (UTC)
Adventures in the Magic Kingdom
I redid the template. Now it is a lot more compact, and doesn't have all those glaring style problems. Bleh! EVula 14:49, 29 July 2006 (UTC)
- Thank you EVula. Most of it was my fault, as I expanded the template to include the characters. --Jon Terry
Theme Park Attraction
The Pirates of the Caribbean Attraction deserves a more prominent section on the template. After all, the attraction came before the movies and inspired the movies. I think it describes its own section with which Disney theme parks have the attraction. Jonyyeh 19:14, 25 December 2006 (UTC)
Small Title Change
I changed the "Walt Disney" part in the title to direct to the company as opposed to the person because I felt it was more relevant. Kyle824 22:33, 27 December 2006 (UTC)
Template is too big.
I am going to simpify things by making categories. Look at Template:starwars. There's so many things related to the films, but yet the template is small. For starters, video games and Music can be reduced; also look at Template:Harrypotter— « hippi ippi » 08:58, 20 May 2007 (UTC)
- Template has not been touched yet - Ok, damn, I don't know how to do this. I was planning to make a locations category, but one exists already and it says that real places cannot be added. I was going to provide one link in the template - "Locations", which would have led to the categories page, but seeing that I cannot add real places, what can I do? And also, in video games, there are some games that do not have an article. I was also going to make a video game category, but what do I do with the video games that don't have a page? I can't delete them, right? — « hippi ippi » 10:02, 20 May 2007 (UTC)
Sao Feng should be listed under primary characters
He seems prominant enough to be listed under primary characters.
- Unless he is ultra prominant in the third film, then I'm not so sure. Have you seen the film to know this? Tphi 01:35, 23 May 2007 (UTC)
I saw the film today, and he was in fact quite prominant. Atlthough he died, he was an important character.
- I've seen the film myself today and I'd have to say the opposite. He was only in about ten minutes of scenes and was dead by the second half of the movie; the only point of him seemed to be as a plot device to give Elizabeth a piece of eight. Definately not a main character. Also, please sign your posts. Tphi 22:48, 24 May 2007 (UTC)
Then why was his actor listed as a main actor?
No offense Hippi ippi, but thats really the worst explanation Ive ever heard. Frenchy77 16:28, 28 August 2007 (UTC)
Add "countries" to the template ??
It's ok? Belem tower 12:32, 30 May 2007 (UTC)
- No, I think the best thing to do would be to have the Locations and individual characters link people to the countries.Therequiembellishere 17:02, 2 June 2007 (UTC)
i was listening to a Rolling Stones record and the song Jumpin Jack Flash came up. An while listening to the song if you replace Jumpin with Captain and Flash with Sparrow then that song could possibly explain alot of jack sparrows character.
Can we keep spoilers out of the template? I'm changing "Tia Dalma/Calypso" to "Tia Dalma", I'm unsure if I should make a seperate and functionally equal link to "Calypso"... Kuronue 19:43, 11 June 2007 (UTC)
Can we please leave him under 'main', not supporting.
His plot line over the course of the 3 films makes him definitely just as significant as Beckett, despite his small role in film 3.
In short, leave him be :)
- Unfortunately, you're quite wrong. The main characters are Captain Jack Sparrow, Miss Elizabeth Swann, Mister William Turner and Captain Hector Barbossa; the main antagonists, however, are Cutler Beckett, Davy Jones, and during the first film, Barbossa.
- Blackpearl14, please assume good faith and don't bite the newbies. The four main characters are the ones that appear on the movie's DVD cover, posters, etc. the four already mentioned by Blackpearl14 (see here), Norrington is definetely not a main character. --Yamanbaiia(free hugs!) 18:33, 30 December 2007 (UTC)
- However, on the same basis, neither are Cutler Beckett or Davy Jones. At least on my copies, Curse of the Black Pearl lists Depp, Rush, Bloom and Knightley (Sparrow, Barbossa, Turner and Swann); Dead Man's Chest just Depp, Bloom and Knightley; and At World's End Depp, Bloom, and Knightley "with" Chow Yun-Fat and Rush (Sao Feng and Barbossa). Nighy (Davy Jones) is not on the front of any box; he does appear on the back, but never listed higher than Stellan Skarsgard (Bootstrap Bill). Hollander (Cutler Beckett) doesn't even appear on the back of the box, unlike Davenport (Norrington). Davenport is listed on the back of every box except Curse of the Black Pearl, which only lists the four featured on the front plus Jonathan Pryce (Weatherby Swann). I suspect that who appears in these listings depends more on contracts and who is perceived to be a 'draw', than on who actually has the largest role. TSP (talk) 14:56, 31 December 2007 (UTC)
Why is kingdom hearts on here?
- Oh I don't know, perhaps because of the word Port Royal in the game and the fact that the first visit to the world follows the movie's plotline fairly closely, not to mention Jack Sparrow, Will, Elizabeth and Barbossa are in it too Captain Drake Van Hellsing Savvy? 04:48, 28 September 2008 (UTC)