The Amazing Race 2 (China)
|The Amazing Race 2|
|Season run||July 10 – September 25, 2015|
|Filming dates||June 2 – August 16, 2015|
|Winning team||Han Geng & Wu Xin|
|No. of legs||10|
|Distance traveled||39,600 km (24,600 mi)|
The Amazing Race 2 (Chinese: 极速前进第二季) is the second installment of the Chinese reality television series The Amazing Race (Chinese: 极速前进; pinyin: Jísù Qiánjìn). Loosely based on the American reality TV series The Amazing Race, it initially features six teams of two in a race around the world.
- 1 Production
- 2 Results
- 3 Prizes
- 4 Race summary
- 5 Ratings
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Development and filming
Filming begin June 2, 2015 at Sydney and ended on August 16, 2015 at Chengdu, Sichuan. This is the first race in the series where both the Starting Line and Finish Line were held on different locations. In the American version and most other versions, it always start and end on the same country.
This season introduced two new twists. Invasion is a new twist that allows several teams to join in the game as intruders. The intruders will be starting the race at the start of a given leg. In their invasion leg, the intruders have to finish in a given position (top two in Leg 7, or winning Leg 9) in order to continue racing - if they fail their invasion, they may be eliminated from the race as if they had finished last. If they succeed, the intruders will keep on racing in future legs. Regardless of the outcome, regular elimination would continue to apply on the same leg.
This season also introduced the Intersection with Integration Versus, which is basically a combination of Intersection and Versus for some tasks. Both of the Intersection and Versus came together as teams will be respectively intersected and later battle out in various tasks. Where first, four teams will need to choose which team they want to be intersected by "voting". Once both teams have chosen each other at the same time, it is successfully intersected. Then, teams will need to complete the task at some point by using head-to-head or timing. The team that wins the head-to-head challenge or the faster time will win two points. After five rounds, the team with the most points will be automatically in first place. The second team will have to do the head-to-head challenge again. The winning team will keep racing while the losing team will be eliminated.
Similar to the first season, this season featured celebrities who were chosen to race on the show. Notable casting members including singers Deng Ziqi and Super Idol winner Zhang Yunjing, the Chopstick Brothers notable for the viral video "Little Apple", as well as the 2012 Olympics gymnast Feng Zhe.
The following teams participated in the Race, each listed along with their placements in each leg and relationships as identified by the program. Note that this table is not necessarily reflective of all content broadcast on television, owing to the inclusion or exclusion of some data. Placements are listed in finishing order:
|Team||Relationship||Position (by leg)||Roadblocks|
|韩庚 & 吴昕||Han Geng & Wu Xin||Friends||2nd||4th||2nd4||2nd||1st⊃||1st||2nd||1stθ||4th9||1st||Han Geng 6, Wu Xin 1|
|杨千嬅 & 丁子高||Yang Qianhua & Ding Zigao||Married||1st||2nd⊃||1st||3rdε5||2nd⊂||3rd7||4th||1stθ||3rd||2nd||Yang Qianhua 1, Ding Zigao 6|
|肖央 & 王太利||Xiao Yang & Wang Taili||Partners||5th||5th⊃3||4th4||4th−||3rd||2nd||3rd||3rd^||1st||3rd||Xiao Yang 63, Wang Taili 1|
|金鐘國 & 李光洙||Jin Zhongguo & Li Guangzhu||Friends||2nd∇8||Jin Zhongguo 0, Li Guangzhu 1|
|原子鏸 & 原和玉||Yuan Zihui & Yuan Heyu||Siblings||1st √||4th^||Yuan Zihui 0, Yuan Heyu 0|
|邓紫棋 & 张芸京||Deng Ziqi & Zhang Yunjing||Friends||6th2||3rd||5th||1st||4th−||4th||Deng Ziqi 3, Zhang Yunjing 2|
|曾志伟 & 曾宝仪||Zeng Zhiwei & Zeng Baoyi||Father & Daughter||4th1||1st⊃||3rd||5thə6||Zeng Zhiwei 21, Zeng Baoyi 1|
|冯喆 & 朱珠||Feng Zhe & Zhu Zhu||Dating||3rd||6th⊂||Feng Zhe 1, Zhu Zhu 1|
- A red team placement means the team was eliminated.
- A green ƒ indicates that the team won a Fast Forward.
- A purple ε indicates that the team decided to use the first Express Pass on that leg. A magenta ə indicates the team had previously been given the second Express Pass and used it on that leg.
- An underlined blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg and had to perform a Speed Bump during the next leg of the race.
- An underlined cyan team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg and had some penalties during their mandatory rest period after the leg or before the race start (Each penalty see below.).
- An underlined leg number indicates that there was mandatory rest period but was not in the hotel, teams must find their rest place given by the host. While the last team to check-in will need to sleep inside the convenient store as the penalty of last. The first place team was still awarded a prize for that leg.
- A yellow > means that team chose to use the Yield; < indicates the team who received it.
- A brown ⊃ or a cyan ⋑ indicates that the team chose to use one of the two U-Turns in a Double U-Turn; ⊂ or ⋐ indicates the team who received it; ⋐⋑ around a leg number indicates that only one of the two available U-Turns was used.
- An orange + indicates that there was a Versus on this leg of the race, while an orange − indicates who lost the Versus and was given a 15-minute penalty.
- Matching colored symbols (black θ and red ^) indicate teams who worked together during part of the leg as a result of an Intersection with Integration Versus and the team represented color.
- An pink ∂ indicates that the leg introduce intruders. green √ means the intruders succeed while red ∇ means they failed.
- ^ Zeng Zhiwei chose to forfeit the Roadblock at Leg 1 and he & Zeng Baoyi were issued a 1-hour penalty at the Roadblock site.
- ^ Deng Ziqi & Zhang Yunjing elected to quit the Detour challenge and were issued a 1-hour penalty at the Pit Stop.
- ^ Xiao Yang chose to forfeit the Roadblock at Leg 3 and he & Wang Taili were issued a 1-hour penalty at the Roadblock site.
- ^ Han Geng & Wu Xin and Xiao Yang & Wang Taili were each issued 15-minute penalties before starting the Detour because they both received money from locals earlier in the leg, which was prohibited per the rules for Leg 3.
- ^ Yang Qianhua & Ding Zigao used their Express Pass to bypass the Detour on Leg 4.
- ^ Zeng Zhiwei & Zeng Baoyi were subject to various placement changes on Leg 4:
- They were forced to quit the versus because of an injury Zeng Zhiwei sustained during the double-battle. They were issued a 15-minute penalty which started after the last team of the double-battle had served their 15-minute penalty.
- They used the Express Pass given to them by Yang Qianhua & Ding Zigao to bypass the underground city task on Leg 4.
- They initially arrived at the Pit Stop 2nd, but were issued a 1-hour penalty for not completing the last task on Leg 3 after checking in which involved finding a local's house and spending the night there. All other teams trailing them checked-in during their penalty time, dropping Zeng Zhiwei & Zeng Baoyi to last place and resulting in their elimination.
- ^ Yang Qianhua & Ding Zigao chose to quit the Detour challenge and they were issued a 1-hour penalty before they could continue racing.
- ^ Due to modification to the "Intruders" rule on Leg 9, Jin Zhongguo & Li Guangzhu were required to win this leg (finish 1st) in order to continue racing. They placed 2nd in this leg, resulting in their elimination. The placement at the end of the leg did not affect the other two teams (Yang Qianhua & Ding Zigao and Han Geng & Wu Xin).
- ^ Han Geng & Wu Xin were issued a time penalty as they had failed to deliver a chicken to Allan. They arrived at the Pit Stop last, but they were not issued a penalty. They were also notified that Jin Zhongguo & Li Guangzhu failed their Invaders mission (see note 8), and they were safe from elimination.
Similar to the Israeli, Australian and Philippine versions, teams on the second leg voted for who should receive the U-Turn. The team who has the most votes must complete the other option of the Detour they did not select.
|U-Turned:||Feng Zhe & Zhu Zhu|
|Yang Qianhua & Ding Zigao||Feng Zhe & Zhu Zhu|
|Xiao Yang & Wang Taili||Feng Zhe & Zhu Zhu|
|Zeng Zhiwei & Zeng Baoyi||Feng Zhe & Zhu Zhu|
|Feng Zhe & Zhu Zhu||Yang Qianhua & Ding Zigao|
|Han Geng & Wu Xin||Yang Qianhua & Ding Zigao|
|Deng Ziqi & Zhang Yunjing||Xiao Yang & Wang Taili|
The prize for each leg is awarded to the first place team for that leg. In most legs (except Leg 5 and 8), the winners of the leg were also given Infiniti Fund of CN¥500,000 to donate to their charity of choice. Additional prizes were awarded as follows:
- Leg 1 – Two Express Passes1, an intelligent water filter and travel vouchers worth CN¥50,000 both sponsored by RRS Electronics.
- Leg 2 – The ability to choose between two Infiniti vehicle models to use for the next leg and an immediate exclusive helicopter tour around the Great Barrier Reef.
- Leg 3 – An intelligent water filter and travel vouchers worth CN¥50,000 both sponsored by RRS Electronics.
- Leg 4 – A CN¥5,000 to donate for charity.
- Leg 5 - Chando facial treatment package.
- Leg 6 - Diamond necklaces worth CN¥50,000 each, and the ability to choose between two Infiniti vehicle models to use for the next leg.
- Leg 7 - Free Flight Upgrade to premium-class.
- Leg 8 - Diamond necklaces worth CN¥50,000 each2
- Leg 9 - An intelligent water filter and travel vouchers worth CN¥50,000 both sponsored by RRS Electronics, and the ability to choose between two Infiniti vehicle models to use for the next leg.
- Leg 10 - A Infiniti Q50L and QX50 for each racer, and two trophies.
- ^ An item that can be used on the race to skip any one task of the team's choosing. The winning team keeps one for themselves but must relinquish the second to another team before the end of the sixth leg of the race.
- ^ Two teams arrived in first place, due to the leg modification with "Intersection with Integration Versus" (see below). However, both teams (Han Geng & Wu Xin and Yang Qianhua & Ding Zigao) were each given the same prizes.
|Destinations||Air travel Rail travel Water travel Bus travel|
|Route Markers|| 绕道 (Detour) 路障 (Roadblock) 快进 (Fast Forward) 让路 (Yield) |
联合 (Intersection) 回转 (U-Turn) 减速带 (Speed Bump) 中继站 (Pit Stop)
Leg 1 (Australia)
Airdate: July 10, 2015
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia (Watsons Bay) (Starting Line)
- Sydney (Centennial Parklands)
- Sydney (City Centre – Farm Cove)
- Sydney (Sydney Opera House – North Square)
- Sydney (City Centre – Hyde Park)
The first Detour of the Race was a choice between Slippery (滑溜溜 Huáliuliū) or Soft (软棉棉 Ruǎnmiánmián). For both options, teams were instructed to travel to Centennial Parklands. In Slippery, one team member would put on a helmet along with a slipping suit and a watermelon track shoes. The other team member will have to lug the rope. If the team successfully "surfed" 40 metres (130 ft), the team would be given the next clue. In Soft, teams will have to catch three sheep while blindfolded and was wearing cowboy hats. Teams would have to calm the sheep for three seconds to receive the next clue.
The first Roadblock for the race had one team member to wear a diving suit and enter the cage which will dive down into the sea. They would have to unravel five ropes in the cage to allow the key to drop. They will then have to retrieve the key to open the cage to complete the task and receive their next clue from the diver.
- Additional tasks
- At the Starting Line at Watsons Bay, teams will have to grab a flag, then they have to pull a sailing boat and had to sail around a vintage boat. Then, teams have to lace a damsel-in-distress on board's corset which contains their first clue.
- After the Roadblock, teams must travel to the North Square at Sydney Opera House. Teams will have to assemble seven tourists from the crowd to perform a square dance. Once the dance is danced to their satisfaction, their dance instructor would get their next clue.
Leg 2 (Australia)
Airdate: July 17, 2015
- Sydney (Sydney Airport) to Cairns, Queensland (Cairns Airport)
- Kuranda (Rainforestation Nature Park)
- Smithfield (AJ Hackett Cairns Bungy)
- Cairns (Cazaly's Stadium)
The Detour was a choice between (烤魚 Kǎoyú) or Lance (長矛 Chángmáo). In Fish, teams will have to get flint from the locals, and they will have to start a fire to cook the fish. When the fish is completely cooked, they could get their next clue from the Tribe Master. In Lance, teams will have to take turns to throw 10 lances into the target boards, five for each team. The board nearest to the teams are worth one point, the furthest are worth six point, and the target between these two are worth three points. Once teams scored six points, they would receive their next clue. If teams used up all their lances, they will serve a three-minute penalty before they could continue with the task, but the points earned will not reset.
For the Roadblock, the teams will make their way to the AJ Hackett Cairns Bungy. Each team will draw their lots to determine which jump style they have to be performed. The Double Bungee Jump will require both team members to jump together. The Superman Jump requires the team member to jump while wearing a superman suit. Once they performed the jump, they could get their next clue.
For the Speed Bump, Deng Ziqi & Zhang Yunjing will have to make their way to Cairns Zoom. There, both team members will have to step on to the cable and walk to the other end. There is meat attached at both team members feet, which the crocodiles below the teams may eat it. When the team make it to the other side, they may drive to Cazaly's Stadium and check-in at the Pit Stop.
- Additional tasks
- At the start of the leg, one team member will have to dip their heads in one of six animal cages, each cage is filled with either mice, grashoppers, lizards, butterflies, rotten fish and spiders. That team member would then retrieve their next clue using only their mouths.
- After completing the Detour, teams will have to make their way back to the starting point. Along the way, teams had to perform a kangaroo dance while have to notice various kangaroo patterns. If they performed the dance properly and gave the correct number of patterns (27), they will receive their next clue.
- After completing the Roadblock, teams will have to watch a video inside the Infiniti QX70, which instructed teams to drive to Cazaly's Stadium, their Pit Stop for this leg.
Leg 3 (Australia → Turkey)
Airdate: July 24, 2015
- Cairns (Cairns Airport) to Istanbul, Turkey (Istanbul Atatürk Airport)
- Istanbul (Sura Hagia Sophia Hotel)
- Istanbul (Haseki Hürrem Sultan Hamamı)
- Istanbul (Galata Tower)
- Istanbul (İstiklal Avenue)
- Istanbul (Rumelihisarı)
- Istanbul (Hasanpasa Bakery)
- Istanbul (Ortaköy Plaza)
The Detour for this leg had teams making their way to İstiklal Avenue before performing a choice between Crafts (手艺 Shǒuyì) or Arts (才艺 Cáiyì). In Crafts, teams will have to polish leather shoes, with each pair of shoes polished for 4 Turkish lira. Once teams earned ₺40, they could receive their next clue. In Arts, teams will have to choose one of the five equipment for the task: Chinese dancing clothes and pieces of cloth, a guitar, clown clothes and twisting balloons, a sword and a Bağlama. Teams will then have to dance in the streets to earn ₺40 using one of these five sets of items to receive their next clue. The ₺40 earned for this side of Detour have to be in coinage.
The Roadblock for this leg had a team member to climb up a 33 metres (108 ft) ladder to the top and sound the gong within five minutes, while the other team member will be rappelled down to a tub of dirty water below and endure for five minutes. If teams were unable to finish the task, they incur a 15-minute penalty.
- Additional tasks
- At Haseki Hürrem Sultan Hamamı, one team member from each team have to wash the other team member using the soap provided. Teams are only allowed to soap on the skin and cannot break off the soap. When they use up all the soap, they would be given their next clue in a form of a picture, leaving teams to travel on foot or any transportation without money to Galata Tower.
- At Hasanpasa Bakery, teams would have to deliver three orders of the traditional Turkish bagel known as simit to three different vendors, stacking 100 simits carefully on a delivery board. They will have teams to wear it on their heads and deliver it to the vendors. If any simit dropped along the way, it would not be accepted. Once all deliveries were completed successfully, the baker would give them their next clue.
- At the Pit Stop at Ortaköy Plaza, teams would have to choose between five locals to stay at their house overnight.
- Additional notes
- Teams were not given any money at the start of this leg and were instructed that they could not beg or sell anything during the leg to earn money. Teams would only be allowed to keep any money they earned during the Detour.
Leg 4 (Turkey)
Airdate: July 31, 2015
- Istanbul (Atatürk International Airport) to Nevşehir (Nevşehir Kapadokya Airport)
- Çavuşin (Göreme Valley)
- Avanos (Avanos Square) (Versus)
- Avanos (Evranos Restaurant)
- Özkonak (Özkonak Underground City)
- Uçhisar (Uçhisar Castle)
The Detour for this leg was a choice between Horse (上馬 Shàngmǎ) or Salt (下水 Xiàshuǐ). In both Detour choices, teams would drive their Infiniti to the respective locations. In Horse, teams would take part in Turkish archery. They would then select three arrows and a horse, then have to strike their arrows and hit the bull’s eye target while mounted on a horse to receive their next clue. In Salt, teams would have to carry 25-kilogram (55 lb) bags of salt and have to dump the contents to the pool until its density achieves neutral buoyancy. Teams would have to be floated in the pool, and they read a newspaper article regarding the teams on the race. If teams can accomplish this, they receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At the start of this leg, teams have to operate a hot air balloon to receive their next clue. The original objective for this task was to fly with the hot air balloon, but was changed due to unfavorable weather. Afterwards, they must help with the locals to pack the hot air balloon. Once approved, they would receive their next clue.
- At Avanos Square, teams would encounter a Versus. For this Versus, teams would take part in Turkey Wrestling. Team will have to strip down to pants and wear a belt to indicate the team color, and then oil their bodies before facing off. Using the rules of traditional Turkish Wrestling, teams would have to take the other team member's belt. The first team to take both belts from the other team would receive their next clue. The losing team will have to wait for the next team, and the last losing team will serve a 15-minute penalty before they could continue racing.
- At Evranos Restaurant, teams will then dress in belly dancing costume according to the team colours, and have to perform a Turkish belly dance known as Oryantal. When they dance to the judges' satisfaction, they could receive their next clue.
- After arriving at Özkonak Underground City, teams will have to collect three wedding gifts by performing tasks based on the three pictures, which can be done in no consecutive order. Each picture will require teams to make their way to the rooms. The first room will require teams to read out the names of the four people in Chinese. The second room had teams to extract grapes to make two cups of grape wine for each team member and finish it. The third room will have teams to eat five different plates of food, before they could be kissed by the bride. Once all the gifts from the three rooms are collected, they could receive the next clue. Each task have to be completed within five minutes, but they may keep the gifts if they were unable to complete the task within the time limit.
Leg 5 (Turkey → Spain)
Airdate: August 7, 2015
- Nevşehir (Nevşehir Kapadokya Airport) to Madrid, Spain (Adolfo Suárez Madrid–Barajas Airport)
- Aranjuez (Royal Palace of Aranjuez) (Versus)
- Aranjuez (Plaza de Toros, Aranjuez or Aranjuez Constitution Square)
- Aranjuez (Virgen del Puerto Preschool)
- Las Rozas (Polideportivo Pinar de las Rozas)
- Madrid (San Isidro Park (in Spanish), Miro Square)
- Madrid (Royal Palace of Madrid)
The Detour was a choice between Rampage (横冲直撞 Héngchōngzhízhuàng) or Descent (天旋地转 Tiānxuándìzhuǎn). In Rampage, teams must make their way to Plaza de Toros to take part in Spanish Bullfighting. One team member will have to build a gate using the pieces given, while the other will have to be a bullfighter and stop the bull. If the bull was able to get past the gate without damaging it, and perform the task properly, a torero would give the teams their next clue. In Descent, teams must make their way to the Aranjuez Constitution Square. There, each team member will have to inflate a Bubble bump football and have to stick one of the four coloured stickers (one with Black, Red, Blue and yellow, the other one with White, Red, Blue and Yellow) placed around the plaza as well as colliding to the locals. Once each team member stick all four coloured stickers, they could receive their next clue. If they were unable to complete the task within five minutes, they can restart the task again with the field reset but the stickers collected will carry over.
For this leg's Roadblock, teams will take part in La Tomatina. One team member must stand on the performer zone and would be doused with Tomato juice on their head. The other team member must throw the tomato to the mouth of the board while they were hit by the locals. If the team member successfully throw their tomato to the mouth, they will get their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- For this leg Versus, teams would choose from one of five items which would be used in the Versus, namely Lance, tennis, pillow, Chinese fan or pork leg, with the order of choice determined through the placements from the previous leg. Teams would battle head-to-head against the other team of a lower placement by knocking the other team out of the balance beam to receive their next clue. The losing team will have to redo the battle against the next team, and the last team will have to wait out five-minutes before they were given their next clue.
- After the Detour, teams will have to travel on foot to Virgen del Puerto Preschool where they would encounter the U-Turn marker and their next clue.
- The clue after the U-Turn instructed teams to drive their Infiniti to Polideportivo Pinar de las Rozas, the Spanish national football training center. There, teams would be trained in three different soccer movements, in no consecutive order. The first training requires teams to get the ball past through obstacles and kick it on the gantry. The second training requires one team member to pass the ball to another team member, who will then kick the ball to the gantry for five times. The third training requires one team member to catch the ball from six professional soccer players. They will then pass the ball to the other team member. Teams will have to complete those tasks legally to receive a card. Once all three cards are collected, they would receive their next clue.
Leg 6 (Spain → France)
Airdate: August 14, 2015
- Madrid (Madrid Atocha railway station) to Marseille, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, France (Gare de Marseille-Saint-Charles)
- Fontvieille (Château d'Estoublon)
- Arles (Arles Amphitheatre)
- L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue (Quai Jean Jaurès)
- Cabrières-d'Avignon (Sault Lavender fields)
The Roadblock for this leg has a team member to cross the road without touching any obstacles. When they get across the road, they will get their treasure: their next clue.
For their Speed Bump, Deng Ziqi & Zhang Yunjing will have to get a picnic box. They will then ride a bike to the marked area and finish all the food inside the picnic box by feeding each other before they could proceed to the swinging task.
- Additional tasks
- At the start of the leg, Allan asked "Who is better to make romance?". Teams have to assign one member to make their way to the kitchen to cook the dishes in the first 30-minutes. Afterwards, teams will put their dishes for the other team member to taste, and the teammate must guess which dish is cooked by them, all without communicating with each other. If their teammate guess the wrong dish, they have to sit out for 10-minutes before they would receive their next clue. If they guessed the dish correctly, they would receive their next clue immediately. In either case, teams proceeded to the church to pick up their clue.
- At Quai Jean Jaures, teams must choose one of the four couples. Then, they have to take photos with the couple they chose using the camera. The photo that was provided to teams in the clue is more than 30 years ago and teams must find these couples. If they find the correct couple, they receive their next clue. Additionally, if teams had selected one couple to take photo with, they must give it to the judge before they may take the second photo.
- At Sault Lavender fields, one team member will have to ride on swings. One side of the swing contained water which teams must get it with a cup which have to be transferred to the other team member whose have to pour it on a bowl filled with ping pong balls. When the bowl was filled with at least one ping pong ball fall off, they will get their next clue, instructing teams to search the fields for the Pit Stop.
Leg 7 (France → Namibia)
Airdate: August 21, 2015
- Marseille (Marseille Provence Airport) to Windhoek, Namibia (Hosea Kutako International Airport)
- Windhoek (Naankuse Wildlife Sanctuary)
- Windhoek (Frederik Voigt)
- Windhoek (Clever Cubs)
- Windhoek (Bushmen Village)
- Additional tasks
- At Naankuse Wildlife Sanctuary, teams pick up one of four Infiniti QX80 and make their way to the Naankuse Wildlife Sanctuary. There, teams will have to choose a selection of four animals of two and an expert to begin the task. One team member will have to drive to the animal shelter they chose, while another team member will have to guide the expert to reach the station. Each team will need to do some tasks relating to the two animals (take photo, get their footprint etc.) before moving on to the next station. Once both tasks of their choice are completed, they must drive back to the starting point and give their relevant work to the ethologist to receive their next clue.
- At Frederik Voigt, one team member will have to participate in an event of Ostrich Racing. One team member will have to pick an ostrich, and complete a 40 metres (130 ft) race course while keeping balanced to receive their next clue. If the team were unable to complete the course within four attempts, they will had to wait 15-minutes outside the area before they were given their next clue.
- At Clever Cubs, teams will have to pick three children to make a paper bridge using only eight pieces of paper and a tape provided. Using those materials, teams were required to create a bridge based on the required specifications (taller than 10 centimetres (3.9 in) in height and longer than 20 centimetres (7.9 in) in length). If the bridge created was able to withstand the weight of two drink bottle cartons, they could receive their next clue. If teams ran out of paper and tapes while working on the task, they could request for additional materials but for every set of materials teams would serve a three-minute penalty.
- At the Bushmen Village, teams will have to follow the culture of the Bushman. Afterwards, teams choose a ball containing a question regarding on the Bushman culture. If they answered the question correctly, they could make their way to the Pit Stop.
Leg 8 (Namibia → Mauritius)
Airdate: August 28, 2015
- Windhoek (Hosea Kutako International Airport) to Plaine Magnien, Grand Port District, Mauritius (Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport)
- Poste de Flacq (Long Beach Hotel outside Beach) (Versus 1)
- Chamouny (La Vallee Des Couleurs Nature Park) (Timing Versus 1)
- Mahébourg (Mahébourg Waterfront) (Timing Versus 2)
- Black River Gorges (Black River Gorges National Park) (Versus 2) (Versus 3) (Versus 4)
- Additional tasks
- For the first Versus of this leg, the intersected teams competed in kicking the coconut the racers while walking on a pair of stilts across a stretch of beach. Racers underwent an eight-minute coaching session before facing off against the other intersected team. Teams will have to kick the coconuts in stilts to a marked line in a five-minute match to score one match point. The first intersected team to score two match points would win.
- For the first Timed Versus, each intersected team will have to assign one member to command the team while being caged. The other three members, blindfolded and tied together, must navigate through a mud run obstacle course, while grabbing three numbered puzzle pieces in each obstacle. Afterwards, they have to make their way to the slide and arrange the numbered puzzle pieces to allow the toy car to move up. The team member in the cage would then retrieve the key from the toy car and unlock the cage to complete the task. The intersected team who unlocked the cage in the fastest time would win.
- For the second Timed Versus, each intersected team will have to assign one member to retrieve three keys and jump through a height of 28 metres (92 ft) cliff down to the sea after being geared by the helicopter. Then, the team member will have to release from the safety harness and swim across one of three boats and unlock the padlock to free the other team member. The team member will have to repeat for the two other members. The intersected team who free the teams in the fastest time would win.
- Before the second Versus, each pair of intersected team will assign one team to compete in either one of the two upcoming Versus. For the leg’s second Versus (also known as "Courage" to the viewers), one team member will have to scale six poles to retrieve five pieces of clothing. The team member will then have to wear the clothing while on top, and must do the same for the other four pieces. The team member who wore all five pieces of clothing and strike the gong first would win. If their piece of clothing was dropped, they must descend down to the ground and retrieve the piece of clothing before they could continue with the task.
- The third Versus of this leg (also known as "Wisdom" to the viewers) had the team who did not perform the second Versus. There, one team member will have to arrange a series of gears of different sizes into a larger gear which would trigger a mechanism to raise the flag. Each gear has a peg that have to be fitted in the holes, which are arranged in different places across the board. The first team to complete the board and raise the flag would win.
- For the final Versus of this leg, one team member will have to be secured to a large Wheel of death. Before the task, the person would answer five questions relating to their opinion of the four teams on the race:
- Which team should be eliminated?
- Which team will win Season Two?
- Which team do you want to exchange partner with?
- Which team is worst at reading each other's mind?
- Which team is best at playing mind games?
- Their answers determined a five-digit code which will stop the wheel from spinning. The other team member will have to guess his or her teammate's answers, by rotating the rotary discs to the corresponding numbers to stop the wheel. The first team to guess correctly and stop the wheel would win the Versus and was safe from elimination.
- Additional notes
- The entire leg had teams intersected with another team, with a voting to determine which teams (Red and Black Teams) will be Intersected. In a special twist known as Intersection with Integration Versus, the Intersected teams would compete in five different Versus. There are two different types of Versus: a regular Versus will had both teams compete head-to-head, while Timed Versus requires teams to work together to complete the task within the shortest time possible. The winning team in each Versus would be given two points (in form of idols of Mauritius Dodo); after five Versus, the team with the most points would be safe from elimination and will be given a joint first-place finish. The losing team were required to compete in one more Versus; the team who loses the final Versus was eliminated.
- Prior to the start of the leg, all four teams boarded the same flight of three different classes to Mauritius. The first-place team in the previous leg were given first class upgrade as per the reward in the last leg, while the last-place team were given economy class as per the penalties for finishing last in a non-elimination leg.
Leg 9 (Mauritius → Thailand)
Airdate: September 11, 2015
- Bangkok, Thailand (Suvarnabhumi Airport)
- Taling Chan (Wat Kai Tia)
- Bangkok Noi (Pran Nok Market)
- Bangkok to Nonthaburi
- Pak Kret District (Nonthburi Wittayalai School)
- Bang Yai District (Wat Pracha)
- Mueang Nonthaburi District (Wat Chaloem Phra Kiat (in German) - Chaloem Kanchanaphisek Park)
For this leg's Roadblock, one team member will have to stack up 36 fruit crates and retrieve the clue attached from above, while the other team member will have to assist through stacking the crates from the ground.
- Additional tasks
- At Wat Kai Tia, Teams will have to search from 100 chickens in the pen for one which matches the photo held by the teams given in their clue. They will have to carry it with them throughout the leg.
- At Pran Nok Market, teams have to choose from one of the four flavours available (sweet, sour, bitter and spicy), along with their shopping list of items in Thai. They had to purchase all of the items, then find a cooking station to allow the chef to cook the dishes, which have to be finished to receive the next clue.
- At Nonthburi Wittayalai School, teams will have to navigate their Infiniti QX50 by driving and reversing half of the Infiniti Logo race course in five minutes or less, while have to avoid collision to the concrete walkway. Teams would have to rely on their Reverse Camera while driving as the windows and front view panels were covered. If teams were successful, they could see a series of phrase (QX50 AVM) from the camera, which must be read to the judge in order to receive their next clue.
- After completing the Roadblock, teams would then take part in Songkran. Using any methods, teams will have to be doused in water and have to collect the water to fill it in the jar. When the water level of jar reaches the red marker, they would receive the next clue.
Leg 10 (Thailand → China)
Airdate: September 25, 2015
- Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi Airport) to Chengdu, China (Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport)
- Qingyang District (Jinsha culture)
- Jinniu District (Jinsha Theater)
- Jinniu District (Happy Valley Chengdu)
- Qingyang District (AIU Montessori Kindergarten)
- Qingyang District (Narrow alley Tea-Horse Rivers and Lakes)
- Wenjiang District (Jinma International Equestrian Sports Park)
- Qingyang District (International Intangible Cultural Heritage Exposition)
- Chengdu (Southwest Jiaotong University Xipu Campus Stadium)
For the final Roadblock of the race, one team member will have to slide down a 15 metres (49 ft) thin plastic film suspended in mid-air and cross from one end to another to get their next clue. Should any point the film breaks before reaching the other end, they have to start over.
- Additional tasks
- At Jinsha Theater, one team member was harnessed in a bungee cord and launched by his or her teammate in an attempt to retrieve one of two halves of the Jinsha relic dangling in the air. Once both halves of the relic was obtained, they had to hand it to the lead actress to obtain their next clue.
- At Happy Valley Chengdu, teams would dress up as inflatable mahjong tiles and would be accompanied by four other members. One team member will go inside the tide pool and gather eight more members, while the other team member will have to arrange the order of tiles to form a hand of valid 13-tile winning combination according to the rules of Sichuan Mahjong. If their combination was validated as a winning hand, they would receive their next clue.
- After completing the Mahjong task, teams pick up one of three Infiniti QX60 parked outside the amusement park. Teams will have to dismantle playground kits, load all the goods inside the car and drive to AIU Montessori Kindergarten. There, teams will have to unload the goods and assemble the kits in the classroom. When the preschool teacher was satisfied on their work, they would receive their next clue.
- At the Narrow Alley, teams would have to search the Tea-Horse Rivers and Lakes restaurant. There, teams had to feed each other a bowl of Sichuan Liangfen, using only a provided pair of chopsticks, without moving the plate from the table or have their finger touching the red marker. Once all the Liangfen were eaten, they would receive their next clue. If teams dropped their pieces of Liangfen three times, they have to start over.
- At International Intangible Cultural Heritage Exposition, teams had to figure out how to pass through seven rows of warriors who were guarding their final clue. In each row of warriors holding a shield displaying country flags, only one warrior holding a shield that displays one of seven flags of a previously visited country would let them through and the others would block them. Teams have to retrieve the flag before moving on to the next row. Once they passed through all seven rows, a Zhuge Liang impersonator will give the teams their final clue.
|China Shenzhen Television premiere ratings (CSM50)|
|2/01||10 July 2015||0.667||2.22||7|
|2/02||17 July 2015||0.752||2.37||7|
|2/03||24 July 2015||0.732||2.34||7|
|2/04||31 July 2015||0.689||2.37||9|
|2/05||7 August 2015||0.729||2.287||8|
|2/06||14 August 2015||0.777||2.45||6|
|2/07||21 August 2015||0.672||2.08||9|
|2/08||28 August 2015||0.632||1.955||11|
|2/09||11 September 2015||0.726||2.353||10|
|2/10||25 September 2015||0.476||1.557||16|