The Amazing Race Vietnam 2016
|The Amazing Race Vietnam|
Cuộc đua kỳ thú 2016
|Season run||March 31 – June 9, 2016|
|No. of episodes||11|
|Winning team||Đinh Tiến Đạt and Dương Hồng Thúc Lĩnh Lincoln|
|No. of legs||11|
The Amazing Race Vietnam: Cuộc đua kỳ thú 2016 is the fifth season of the reality television game show, The Amazing Race Vietnam. It will feature ten teams of two in a race around Vietnam for 300 million₫. This season's teams include All-stars.
- 1 Production
- 2 Results
- 3 Race Summary
- 3.1 Leg 1 (Yen Bai)
- 3.2 Leg 2 (Yen Bai)
- 3.3 Leg 3 (Yen Bai → Lao Cai)
- 3.4 Leg 4 (Lao Cai → Ha Nam → Nam Dinh)
- 3.5 Leg 5 (Nam Dinh → Thua Thien-Hue)
- 3.6 Leg 6 (Thua Thien-Hue → Phu Yen)
- 3.7 Leg 7 (Phu Yen → Dong Nai → Ba Ria-Vung Tau)
- 3.8 Leg 8 (Ba Ria-Vung Tau)
- 3.9 Leg 9 (Ba Ria-Vung Tau → Australia)
- 3.10 Leg 10 (Australia → Ho Chi Minh City)
- 3.11 Leg 11 (Ho Chi Minh City)
- 4 References
As the season was titled "All-Stars", it is the first time that one of the international spin-offs of The Amazing Race would feature returning contestants (the eleventh, the eighteenth (dubbed as "Unfinished Business") and the twenty-fourth season of the original American version also featured returning teams).
The returning teams and their prior race placements are:
- From Season 1:
- Richard "Richie" Humphrey and Ngọc Phượng "Mimi" Lý Thị, dating, 9th place
- From Season 2:
- Pha Lê Nguyễn and Hà Việt Dũng, singer and actor, 7th place
- Anh Tuấn Phạm and Thanh Hóa Đỗ Thị, models, 6th place
- Nhan Phúc Vinh and Thùy Dung Nguyễn, actor and editor, 2nd place and 3rd place
- From Season 3:
- Hương Giang Nguyễn and Huy Phương "Criss" Lai, singer and athlete, 1st place
- From Season 4:
- Phạm Thị "Song Ngư" Diễm Chi and Trúc Như Nguyễn Vũ, actresses, 7th place
- Đăng Hoàng Phạm Ngô and Thùy Anh Nguyễn, actors, 4th place
- Composite Teams:
- Thu Hiền Trần Thị, 1st place in Season 2 and Minh Long Nguyễn, 9th place in Season 3
- Tiến Đạt Đinh, 4th place in Season 2 and Thúc Lĩnh "Lincoln" Dương Hồng, 2nd place in Season 4
- Sơn Ngọc Minh, 5th place in Season 3 and Mâu Thanh Thủy, winner of Vietnam's Next Top Model 4
The non-elimination penalty, Speed Bump, was introduced for the series. As like the American version, Speed Bump requires the team that finished last in a non-elimination leg to perform an additional task at some point during the next leg.
During this season's visit to Australia, there was a planned Roadblock task in Yarrawonga involving ultralight aircraft. During filming, an ultralight crashed after encountering dust devils, killing both occupants. Ian Cook, the pilot who flew along with Sydney-Vietnamese cameraman Quoc Huong Vu, were taking aerial shots of the location. This incident occurred during the middle of a Roadblock, which some of the contestants had already completed. As such, the Roadblock task was cancelled, and teams continued to Wymah to continue with the leg. The task in Yarrawonga was not aired or acknowledged during the episode.
|Team||Careers||Position (by leg)||Roadblocks|
|Tiến Đạt & Thúc Lĩnh Lincoln||Rapper/Hotel Manager||1st1||1st||1st||2nd||3rd||2nd||2nd||2nd||2nd||1st||1st||Tiến Đạt 4, Thúc Lĩnh Lincoln 4|
|Hương Giang & Criss Lai||Singer/Athlete||3rd||8th||5th||6th⊃||1st6||5th||4th⊂||1stƒ||1st||2nd||2nd||Hương Giang 3, Criss Lai 4|
|Nhan Phúc Vinh & Thùy Dung||Actor/Editor||5th||5th||2nd||5th⊂||5th||1st||3rd||3rd||3rd||3rd||3rd||Nhan Phúc Vinh 6, Thùy Dung 2|
|Pha Lê & Hà Việt Dũng||Singer/Actor||4th1||2nd||7th||1st||6th||4th||5th||4th8||4th||4th||Pha Lê 1, Hà Việt Dũng 5|
|Anh Tuấn & Thanh Hoa||Model/Stylist||6th||7th2||3rd||4th||4th||3rd||1st⊃||5th8||Anh Tuấn 4, Thanh Hoa 22|
|Song Ngư & Trúc Như||Actresses||10th||9th3||8th||8th||2nd||6th||6th||Song Ngư 2, Trúc Như 3|
|Trần Hiền & Minh Long||Model/Tattooist||9th||4th||4th||3rd||7th||7th||Trần Hiền 1, Minh Long 2|
|Richie & Mimi||Actor/Office Worker||2nd||6th2||9th||7th||8th||Richie 1, Mimi 12|
|Sơn Ngọc Minh & Mâu Thanh Thủy||Singer/Model||8th||3rd||6th||9th||Sơn Ngọc Minh 1, Mâu Thanh Thủy 1|
|Đăng Hoàng & Thùy Anh||Teacher/Actor||7th||10th4||Đăng Hoàng 1, Thùy Anh 1|
- A red team placement means the team was eliminated.
- A green ƒ indicates that the team won a Fast Forward.
- A purple ε indicates that the team decided to use the Express Pass on that Leg; if next to a leg number, it indicates that the team with the Express Pass forfeited the Pass at the Pit Stop of that leg without ever having used it.
- A blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg.
- An underlined blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg of the race and was "Marked for Elimination"; if the team did not finish 1st on the next leg, they would receive a 30-minute penalty.
- An italicized blue placement indicates that the team would not receive any money at the start of the next leg of the race.
- A bold blue placement indicates that the team would have to perform a Speed Bump on the next leg.
- A brown ⊃ means the team chose to use a U-Turn; ⊂ indicates the team who received it.
- ^ Tiến Đạt & Thúc Lĩnh Lincoln and Pha Lê & Hà Việt Dũng initially arrived 1st and 3rd, respectively, but both teams were issued 15-minute penalties as Thúc Lĩnh Lincoln and Hà Việt Dũng took the clue out of their mouth during the first task. While Tiến Đạt & Thúc Lĩnh Lincoln's position was not affected by the penalty, Pha Lê & Hà Việt Dũng placement were dropped to 4th.
- ^ Thanh Hoa could not complete the Roadblock, and Mimi chose not to attempt it. Both teams were issued 2-hour penalties before receiving their next clue.
- ^ Song Ngư & Trúc Như initially arrived 6th, but were issued a 30-minute penalty for being "Marked for Elimination" and not arriving in 1st. Anh Tuấn & Thanh Hoa and Hương Giang & Criss Lai checked-in during the penalty time, dropping Song Ngư & Trúc Như to 8th.
- ^ Đăng Hoàng & Thùy Anh initially arrived 7th, but were issued a 30-minute penalty for spilling too much water during the last challenge. The last three teams trailing them (Pha Lê & Hà Việt Dũng, Hương Giang & Criss Lai and Song Ngư & Trúc Như) checked-in during the penalty time, dropping Đăng Hoàng & Thùy Anh to last place and resulted in their elimination.
- ^ Six of the nine teams who arrived at the Pit Stop after applying time penalties based on how many congee dishes they failed to cook properly during the congee task. The initial placements for all teams and their number of failed dishes (10 minutes per each failed dish, in parenthesis) are as follows (the three boldfaced teams without the parenthesis were not given the penalty):
- 1st: Pha Lê & Hà Việt Dũng (2); 2nd: Trần Hiền & Minh Long (3); 3rd: Tiến Đạt & Thúc Lĩnh Lincoln (1); 4th: Anh Tuấn & Thanh Hoa; 5th: Nhan Phúc Vinh & Thuỳ Dung; 6th: Hương Giang & Criss Lai; 7th: Sơn Ngọc Minh & Mâu Thanh Thủy (5); 8th: Richie & Mimi (1); 9th: Song Ngư & Trúc Như (2).
- ^ Hương Giang & Criss Lai initially arrived 1st, but were issued a 30-minute penalty because Hương Giang did not wear the chef's hat provided with the teams during the fast food challenge. This did not affect their placement.
- ^ All teams except for Tiến Đạt & Thúc Lĩnh Lincoln were issued time penalties at the Pit Stop for failing to eat their bowl of Phở within the time limit. Hương Giang & Criss Lai were issued a 15-minute penalty for only eating 3 kg, while the remaining teams were issued 1-hour penalties for only eating 2 kg. Only the placement for Nhan Phúc Vinh & Thuỳ Dung was affected; dropping them from 2nd to 3rd.
- ^ Pha Lê & Hà Việt Dũng initially arrived 2nd, but were issued a 15-minute penalty for taking motorized transportation instead of a bicycle as stated in the clue. Tiến Đạt & Thúc Lĩnh Lincoln and Nhan Phúc Vinh & Thùy Dung checked-in during the penalty time, dropping them to 4th. Anh Tuấn & Thanh Hoa were eligible to be penalized for the same infraction, but they were the last team to arrive to the Pit Stop, resulting in their elimination.
|Destinations||Air travel Rail travel Water travel Bus travel|
|Route Markers||Lựa chọn kép (Detour) Vượt rào (Roadblock) Nhảy cóc (Fast Forward) Rào cản (U-Turn) Về đích (Pit Stop)|
Leg 1 (Yen Bai)
Airdate: 31 March 2016
- Thác Bà Lake, Yen Bai, Vietnam (Thác Bà Hydroelectric Dam) (Starting Line)
- Thác Bà (Rừng Tràm Island)
- Thác Bà (Hydroelectric Dam Bridge)
- Thác Bà (Dền Mẫu Thác Bà)
In the first Roadblock of the race, one team member had to climb a rope ladder up the tower in the centre of the hydroelectric dam bridge, carrying with them the bottle of Sting Energy Drink from the previous task to exchange for the next clue at the top.
- Additional tasks
- At the starting line, one team member made their way down to the bottom of the Thác Bà Hydroelectric Dam to find two clue envelopes, only one of which actually contained a clue. They would choose one envelope and carry it in their mouth. Their partner would then rappel down the dam to retrieve it, however their safety cord wasn't long enough to reach all the way to the bottom, so they had to stretch to reach their partner. Once both were back on top, they opened the clue. If the empty envelope was chosen, they had to do the task again.
- Teams then had to paddle a bamboo boat to Rừng Tràm Island where they touched a Race flag to determine the order in which teams could perform the next task. One team member would be blindfolded for the duration of the task. Their partner had to guide them using verbal directions through a spiderweb of ropes to find their next clue at the end. If they touched any ropes along the way, a bell would ring. After touching a rope twice, they would have to go to the back of the line and try again. Teams then paddled back to the mainland and the dam.
- From the dam's bridge, teams threw a bucket with a rope attached off the side to fill it with water from below then pulled it back up. They then had to transfer the water to a second leaky bucket and quickly run it to the other side of the bridge to pour it into a glass box. Once the box was filled enough that a bottle of Sting Energy Drink floated to the top, they received the clue for the Roadblock.
Leg 2 (Yen Bai)
Airdate: 7 April 2016
- Tú Lệ, Mù Cang Chải (Specified House)
- Tú Lệ (Village Bridge)
- Tú Lệ (Village Farm)
- Tú Lệ (Chief's House)
- Lìm Mông (Khau Pha Pass)
In this leg's Roadblock, one team member had to cross a series of rings suspended beneath the village bridge to retrieve the Detour clue on the other side. If they fell into the river below, they had to go to the back of the line and try again.
The first Detour of the race was a choice between Eat or Make, both taking place at a village farm. In Eat, teams had to use bamboo poles and a campfire to traditionally cook three orders of rice to a judge's satisfaction to receive their next clue. In Make, teams had to fully cover a wooden bovine skeleton in hay to create a sculpture. Once approved, they received their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- Teams had to travel by motorcycle to the village of Tú Lệ and search for one house with a sticker of The Amazing Race Vietnam logo on the fence.
- After the Detour, teams carried two buckets from the village chief's house to the local water supply and filled them with water. They had to transport the buckets using shoulder harnesses across the uneven paths through the village back to the chief to receive their next clue. If they spilled too much water on the way, they would incur a time penalty at the Pit Stop.
Leg 3 (Yen Bai → Lao Cai)
Airdate: 14 April 2016
- Mù Cang Chải (Raspberry Hill)
- Sa Pa, Lao Cai (Sapa Ancient Stone Field)
- Y Tý (Town Limits)
- Y Tý (Town Centre)
- Y Tý (Farm)
- Y Tý (San Bai Mountain)
This Leg's Detour was a choice between Loaf or Hair. In Loaf, both taking in place in Y Tý town centre. In Loaf, teams had to use traditional methods and tools to make a Vietnamese cake called a Bánh giầy, which includes glutinous rice. Once approved, they received their next clue. In Hair, teams had to made a traditional wig by weaving string together in the style of braided hair, then dying it with an herb mixture and heating it over an open flame. Once completed to satisfaction, they received their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At Raspberry Hill, teams shown a photograph of a location to memorize and find. Once there, they had to take a photograph that was identical to the one shown to receive their next clue.
- At the Sapa Ancient Stone Field, teams searched the field for keys to a provided decoder device with individually rotating parts. Then, using hints written on stones scattered throughout the field, they had to decipher a six-word phrase to receive their next clue.
- At the Y Tý town limits, teams had to collect and carry a bundle of firewood - 10 kilograms (22 lb) for women, 15 kilograms (33 lb) for men. However, if they could remember the phrase from the previous task, they could each lighten their bundle by 1 kilogram (2.2 lb). Using a provided stick and some rope, they had to transport their firewood on foot 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) to the centre of town to receive the clue for the Detour.
- After the Detour, teams traveled to a nearby farm and took turns riding a device resembling a rotating seesaw, sitting on opposite sides. If both team members performed a full 360-degree rotation in succession without touching the ground more than once, either team member could reach up to grab a clue hanging overhead.
Leg 4 (Lao Cai → Ha Nam → Nam Dinh)
Airdate: 21 April 2016
- Trống Đọi Tam, Ha Nam (Village Centre)
- Trống Đọi Tam (Ancestor Temple)
- Đại Hoàng (Bá Kiến's House)
- Kim Thai, Nam Dinh (Phủ Dầy Temple)
- Nam Dinh (Nam Dinh Museum)
This Leg's Detour was a choice between Make n' Play or Drum n' Shout, both taking in place in Trống Đọi Tam town centre. In Make n' Play, teams had to use provided materials to build a traditional Vietnamese drum. This included using a winch and the weight of a team member to stretch the skin over the top of the barrel. Once approved, they received their next clue. In Drum n' Shout, teams listened to a performance by a duo of musicians, who sang and played small drums and erhu. They then had to correctly match the lyrics and drum rhythm, accompanied by erhu, to receive the next clue.
- Additional tasks
- After the Detour, teams found the U-Turn board at Ancestor Temple.
- The clue after the U-Turn instructed teams to travel to Bá Kiến's House, where they had to recreate the Vietnamese short story Chí Phèo and Thị Nở. Dressed as the titular characters, they had to prepare and then simultaneously cook numerous pots of congee using a long cooking tray and lighting a fire underneath that is the full length of the tray. Once ready, each team member had to feed the other a dish of the soup to receive their next clue. They would receive a time penalty of 10 minutes at the Pit Stop for each pot that was improperly cooked.
- At Phủ Dầy Temple, teams had to choose one of four Chinese characters and arrange a group of children to form the shape of the character, with one team member directing their partner from above. Each character required a specified number of children. Once correct, they received their next clue.
Leg 5 (Nam Dinh → Thua Thien-Hue)
Airdate: 28 April 2016
- Nam Dinh (Nam Dinh Station) to Huế, Thua Thien–Hue (Hue Train Station)
- Huế (Imperial City)
- Huế (February 3 Park or Trường Sanh Palace)
- Huế (Phong Phu Plaza)
- Sịa (Tam Giang Lagoon)
- Lăng Cô (Hai Van Pass)
This Leg's Detour was a choice between Fly or Graceful. In Fly, teams traveled to February 3 Park, where they had to assemble and paint a butterfly kite, receiving their next clue once they are able to make it fly properly. In Graceful, teams traveled to Trường Sanh Palace, where they had to dress in full costume and take part in a Hát tuồng performance. Once approved, they received their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- After arriving in Huế, teams made their way to Imperial City, where there were many woman walking around in traditional clothing. One held their next clue, but would hand it to another as they passed. They had to search for the one currently holding their clue and interact with them without speaking to them to receive the clue, which was for the Detour.
- After the Detour, teams traveled to a fast food restaurant in Phong Phu Plaza, where they had to wear a chef's hat and prepare hamburgers to the restaurant's specifications to receive their next clue.
- Teams then traveled to Tam Giang Lagoon, where they had to use a traditional fishing net and a sampan to fish plastic balls out of the water. Once they collected fifteen balls, they received their next clue.
Leg 6 (Thua Thien-Hue → Phu Yen)
Airdate: 5 Mei 2016
- Tuy Hoa, Phu Yen (April 1 Square)
- Sông Cầu (Coconut Plantation)
- Hoa Thanh (Miếu Ông Cọp or Bình Bá River)
- Hoa Thanh (Wooden Bridge)
- Thôn Phú Hạnh (Bàng Beach)
- Thôn Phú Hạnh (Ghềnh Đá Đĩa)
This Leg's Detour was a choice between Learn or Do. In Learn, teams traveled to Miếu Ông Cọp, where they had to learn a series of intricate animal poses and actions and correctly perform their in succession to receive their next clue. In Do, teams traveled to Bình Bá River, where they had to use an ancient winch to fully raise a large fishing net out of the water to receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- After the Detour, teams made their way to a large wooden bridge nearby. Using a stick and a small woven cage, one team member had to guide a single duck all the way across the bridge, keeping it from jumping into the water, while their partner had to cross the bridge carrying a basket of coconuts on their head. Once both fully across, they carried the duck back to the other side to exchange for their next clue.
- At Bàng Beach, one team member had to toss paint-filled water balloons through a thorn-covered ring suspended above to land in a basket on their partner's head. Once three rings were caught in the basket without popping, they received their next clue.
Leg 7 (Phu Yen → Dong Nai → Ba Ria-Vung Tau)
Airdate: 12 Mei 2016
- Tuy Hoa to Bien Hoa, Dong Nai
- Bien Hoa (Pho Hung Restaurant)
- Long Sơn, Ba Ria-Vung Tau (Salt Farm or Lê Văn Ánh's House)
- Long Sơn (Liên Hoàn Obstacle Course)
- Long Sơn (Mr. Tâm's House)
- Vũng Tàu (Thuy Van Beach)
- Vũng Tàu (Vietsovpetro Port)
- Vũng Tàu (Ngon Lighthouse)
In the first Roadblock of this leg, one team member had to eat an entire 5 kilograms (11 lb) bowl of pho within 45 minutes to receive the clue for the Detour. If they didn't finish, they would still receive their clue once the 45 minutes were up, but they would incur a time penalty at the Pit Stop, the length dependent on how much the team member ate.
This Leg's Detour was a choice between Salt or Fish. In Salt, teams traveled to a salt farm, where they had to harvest five wheelbarrows full of salt to receive their next clue. In Fish, teams traveled to Lê Văn Ánh's House, where one team member would be blindfolded. Following directions from their partner, they had to enter the mud flats and catch three giant mudskippers with their bare hands to receive their next clue.
In the second Roadblock of this leg, the team member who did not perform the first Roadblock had to complete a three-part obstacle course. First, they had to ride a bicycle across a thin and bumpy wooden bridge. Then, they had to swim under a series of ropes through muddy water without touching any of the ropes. Finally, they had to stand on a raised log and attempt to knock an opponent off the log, each using sandbags, the racer being given three attempts to do so. If they completed the course, they received their next clue. If they failed any part of the course, they would have to start over.
- Additional tasks
- After the Detour, teams found the U-Turn board at the second Roadblock location, Liên Hoàn Obstacle Course.
- After the second Roadblock, one team member had to cross a rickety bamboo bridge, weighted down by their partner, to retrieve their next clue on the other side, then hand it to their partner.
- At Thuy Van Beach, teams had to find and convince a local to wash them in the ocean until they completely use up a bar of soap, after which they received their next clue.
- At Vietsovpetro Port, teams had to stack plastic baskets high enough to reach a clue hanging overhead. One member would be on top of the baskets stacking them as their partner handed them baskets from the ground.
Leg 8 (Ba Ria-Vung Tau)
Airdate: 19 Mei 2016
- Ho Chi Minh City (Tan Son Nhat International Airport) to Con Dao (Con Dao Airport)
- Con Dao (Đất Dốc Beach)
- Con Dao (Bãy Cạnh)
- Con Dao (Phu Tuong Prison)
- Con Dao (Ông Đụng Beach)
- Con Dao (Vân Sơn Tự)
- Con Dao (Historic Pier 914)
This leg contained the only Fast Forward of the race, which was a homage to the game show Deal or No Deal. One team member had to put on snorkeling gear and swim a long distance from the beach to a boat anchored far offshore, then dive down to retrieve a briefcase from beneath an attached raft. After returning to their partner on shore with the briefcase, they received a phone call from host Huy Khanh offering them VND60 million (approx. US$2,650) to give up the briefcase and immediately be eliminated, or bring the briefcase to the Pit Stop and continue with the Race, where he would make the same offer again, this time for VND150 million (approx. US$6,620).
In this leg's Roadblock, after traveling to a designated offshore location by boat, one team member had to put on snorkeling gear and dive down to the coral reef, where they would collect as many oysters as they could find on the sea floor, then return to the boat to open them. Some oysters contained a white pearl, some contained a black pearl. If they didn't find three black pearls, they had to wait out a 15-minute time penalty before diving again. Otherwise, they received their next clue.
This Leg's Detour was a choice between Knock Knock or Melting Time, both taking place in Phu Tuong Prison. In Knock Knock, teams learned how to communicate in Morse code. They were then locked in adjacent cells. One team member received a message to relay to their partner by knocking it in Morse Code on the wall. If their partner understood the message correctly, they received their next clue. In Melting Time, one team member was locked in a cell, and had to stand on continuously on a block of ice for five minutes, then rest for five minutes, repeating for the duration of the task. Meanwhile, their partner had to draw at random to determine the type of spoon they could use to dig the cell key out of a large block of ice. Upon retrieving the key, they unlocked their partner's cell and received their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- Upon arrival at Con Dao Airport, teams found their next clue outside of the airport, which also contained the Fast Forward clue.
- At Ông Đụng Beach, teams used rope to pull a heavy box filled with rocks with water. At the bottom of the box was their next clue.
- At Vân Sơn Tự, one team member had to memorize a Vietnamese poem while wearing headphones listening to distracting music and walking up the steps of the temple. They then had to teach the poem to their partner, who was waiting at the top and blindfolded. If the partner correctly recited the poem, they received their next clue.
- Additional information
- At Đất Dốc Beach, teams found bicycles that had to serve as their transportation for the rest of this leg.
Leg 9 (Ba Ria-Vung Tau → Australia)
Airdate: 26 Mei 2016
- Con Dao (Con Dao Airport) to Sydney, New South Wales, Australia (Sydney Airport)
- Sydney (Central railway station) to Yarrawonga, Victoria
- Yarrawonga (Yarrawonga Aerodome) (task cancelled)
- Wymah, New South Wales (Max Kirwan Lakes Park)
- Wymah (Wymah Ranch)
- Wymah (Great Aussie Park)
There was to be a Roadblock on this leg involving one team member piloting and landing an ultralight aircraft, but due to the death of a cameraman as noted in the Development section above, this task was canceled and teams were moved onto the next location. It was not mentioned in the episode.
- Additional tasks
- At Max Kirwan Lakes Park, team water skied behind a speedboat. Both team members had to remain standing until the boat passed a series of marked buoys. If one fell, they had to try again. Once completed, they were taken to shore near their next clue box.
- At Wymah Ranch, there was a multi-part task. First, teams dressed in the body paint of Indigenous Australians. One team member learned how to play the didgeridoo while their partner learned a traditional dance ritual. Once both were completed to the judge's satisfaction, they received their next clue. Teams then made their way to the ranch's sheep pens and entered one of the pens, where they had to count the correct number of sheep (between 123 and 129) to receive their next clue. Finally, they had to enter a different sheep pen, where four of the sheep were wearing a ribbon corresponding to each team's designated colour. They then had to herd the sheep of their respective colour into a third pen to receive their next clue.
- At Great Aussie Park, teams had to balance on rolling logs, and hit a target using a bow in archery. They received their next clue once both team members hit the bullseye.
Leg 10 (Australia → Ho Chi Minh City)
Airdate: 2 June 2016
- Wymah (Train Station) to Melbourne, Victoria (Flinders Street railway station)
- Melbourne (Melbourne Airport) to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (Tan Son Nhat International Airport)
- An Phu (Củ Chi Tunnels)
- An Phu (Mot Thoang Tourist Area)
For their Speed Bump, Pha Lê & Hà Việt Dũng each had to place ten metal nuts onto a chopstick, then both stack all 10 on top of each other without the stack falling over before they could continue racing.
This leg's Detour was a choice between Knit or Carry. In Knit, teams had to weave together a traditional Vietnamese basket. When approved, they received their next clue. In Carry, teams had to pick up and carry heavy haybales to a marked area and use it to build a haystack. When the stack is 2 metres (6.6 ft) in diameter and 2.5 metres (8.2 ft) high, they received their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At the Củ Chi Tunnels, teams had to put on blindfolds and enter the tunnels to search for flashlights. Once found, they returned entrance, where they found a pair of heavy sacks to haul through the tunnels and through the nearby woods, where they received their next clue.
- At the entrance to the Mot Thoang Tourist Area, teams had to dress in large sumo wrestling costumes and face off in a sumo match, on a soap-filled arena, against one of two previous The Amazing Race Vietnam winning teams - either Baggio & Thành Phúc of Season 1, or Ngọc Anh & Nhật Anh of Season 4. If they could force both of their opponents out of the ring, they received the Detour clue.
- After the Detour, teams received a set of photographs of Vietnamese landmarks, and corresponding tags identifying them. They had to match the tags to the correct photographs and place them in the correct locations on a large world map. If any were incorrect, they would be told how many. After failing the task twice, they could look at an answer sheet to memorize before trying again. Once all were correct, they could make their way to the nearby Pit Stop.
- Additional information
- Upon arrival in Ho Chi Minh City, teams found small motorized bicycles that served as their transportation for this leg.
Leg 11 (Ho Chi Minh City)
Airdate: 9 June 2016
- Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon Zoo and Botanical Gardens)
- Ho Chi Minh City (Notre Dame Cathedral)
- Ho Chi Minh City (Tao Dan Park)
- Ho Chi Minh City (Southern Arts Theatre or Chuồn Chuồn Giấy Club)
- Ho Chi Minh City (Nguyen Hue Promenade)
- Ho Chi Minh City (5 Nguyen Tat Thanh Street)
- Ho Chi Minh City (Mong Bridge)
The final Detour of the Race was a choice between Circus or Drama. In Circus, teams traveled to Southern Arts Theatre, where one team member had to walk across a circus tightrope while their partner launched themselves onto a trapeze and swung to reach their next clue on the ceiling. In Drama, teams traveled to Chuồn Chuồn Giấy Club, where they had to dress in elaborate costumes and perform a short comedy-drama skit to the approval of the judge to receive their next clue.
In this leg's first Roadblock, one team member had to ride a self-balancing scooter and maintain their balance while navigating through a maze of Sting Energy Drink cans and cases. They had to make their way to four specific points within the maze to pick up a can of Sting at each. If they collected and four and then reached the centre of the maze within an allotted time limit, they could retrieve the clue for the second Roadblock.
In the final Roadblock of the Race, one team member had to climb to the top of a rock-climbing wall attached to the side of an upturned shipping container, then climb a rope to the top of a giant Sting Energy Drink can, all within the allotted time limit, to receive their final clue
- Additional tasks
- At the beginning of the leg, teams made their way to Saigon Zoo and Botanical Gardens to find their next clue outside the zoo entrance.
- On the grounds outside Notre Dame Cathedral, teams had to search through a large crowd for one of three people carrying a briefcase bearing The Amazing Race Vietnam logo, which contained their next clue.
- At Tao Dan Park, teams had to dress in provided clothing and props, and then apply metallic-coloured paint to themselves, to become living statues matching example photographs. They then had to pose and convince locals to take photographs with them, 10 photographs in total, including some with men, women, children, and elders, to receive the Detour clue.
- Thomson, Blair. "Plane crash victims in Yarrawonga to film The Amazing Race ", The Age, Melbourne, March 14, 2016. Retrieved on September 14, 2016.
- "Amazing Race cameraman dies in plane crash", Sky News Australia, Australia, 15 March 2016. Retrieved on September 14, 2016.