- The following discussion is an archived debate of the proposed deletion of the article below. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as the article's talk page or in a deletion review). No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was delete. KaisaL (talk) 01:12, 1 July 2016 (UTC)
- Siri Rama (edit | talk | history | protect | delete | links | watch | logs | views) – (View log · Stats)
- (Find sources: Google (books · news · newspapers · scholar · free images · WP refs) · FENS · HighBeam · JSTOR · NYT · TWL)
dubious notability, promotional tone Jimfbleak - talk to me? 05:34, 20 June 2016 (UTC)
- A somewhat promotional tone certainly, and created by an editor with a history of creating really blatantly promotional articles. I'm not sure about the notability. One of the references is her own web site, and therefore of no value at all in establishing notability. The other is an article in The Hindu, which does indicate that she has received some degree of notice. However, it is one of those fawningly promotional puff pieces which even major Indian newspapers go in for when writing about entertainers, which makes it difficult to asses how much is hype and how much is genuine notability. The first few hits from a Google search were her own web site, blogspot, Facebook, YouTube, a page on a web site of which the "about us" page states that its purpose is promotion, this Wikipedia article, and so on. My conclusion is that so far the best evidence for satisfying Wikipedia's notability guidelines is the article in The Hindu, but, even if we set aside the reservations about its value that I have mentioned, just one newspaper article does a limited amount towards establishing notability. However, that article does give the impression that she has been significantly noticed, so rather than saying "delete" I will for the moment sit on the fence, and wait to see if anyone can be more successful than I have been at finding suitable sources. The editor who uses the pseudonym "JamesBWatson" (talk) 12:19, 20 June 2016 (UTC)
- Delete non-notable dancer.John Pack Lambert (talk) 14:54, 20 June 2016 (UTC)
- Delete. I do not accept the Hindu for notability of performers--their coverage in such fields is indistinguishable from press releases. DGG ( talk ) 15:10, 30 June 2016 (UTC)
- Delete I was only able to find two Hindu articles (see DGG's comment). — JJMC89 (T·C) 16:18, 30 June 2016 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of the debate. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as the article's talk page or in a deletion review). No further edits should be made to this page.