1692 in art
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Events from the year 1692 in art.
- The Academy of Fine Arts Vienna is founded by the court painter Peter Strudel.
- Godfrey Kneller, court painter in England, is knighted.
- On a winter evening, painter Emanuel de Witte commits suicide by jumping from a bridge with a rope around his neck. The canal freezes over and his body is not found for several weeks.
- Antoine Coypel – Democritus
- Cornelis Dusart – The Pedlar
- Sir Godfrey Kneller – Portraits of Lord Archibald Hamilton and Katharine Howard
- Hyacinthe Rigaud
- La famille Léonard
- Portrait of Martin Desjardins
- Johann Michael Rottmayr – The Baptism of St. Ottilia by St. Erhard (Erhardkirche, Salzburg)
- Dome of the Monastery of the Holy Trinity, Meteora, Greece
- June 13 – Joseph Highmore, British portrait and historical painter (died 1780)
- September 1 (baptized) – Egid Quirin Asam, German plasterer and sculptor active during the period of the Late Baroque (died 1750)
- date unknown
- Antonio Baldi, Italian painter and engraver (died 1768)
- Vittorio Bigari, Italian painter (died 1776)
- Giovanni Domenico Campiglia, Italian painter and engraver from Florence (died 1768)
- Giovanni Domenico Ferretti, Italian Rococo-style painter from Florence (died 1768)
- Jacob Folkema, Dutch designer and engraver (died 1767)
- Giovanni Giacomo Monti, Italian painter of quadratura (d. unknown)
- Francesco Zucchi, Italian engraver (died 1764)
- January 3 – Roelant Roghman, Dutch Golden Age painter and engraver (born 1627)
- March – Willem de Heusch, Dutch landscape painter (born 1625)
- April 23 – Pieter Withoos, Dutch Golden Age painter (born 1655)
- July – David Loggan, Danzig-born English artist (born 1635)
- July 22 – Pietro del Po, Italian painter (born 1616)
- September 28 – Cornelis Bloemaert, Dutch painter and engraver (born 1603)
- date unknown
- Pietro Aquila, Italian painter and printmaker (born 1630)
- Charles Beaubrun, French portrait painter (born 1604)
- José de Cieza, Spanish painter (born 1656)
- Prosper Henricus Lankrink, Flemish painter and art collector working in England (born 1628)
- Theodore Poulakis, Greek Renaissance painter (born 1622)
- Emanuel de Witte, Dutch perspective painter (born 1617)
- Stewart, J. Douglas (2004). "Kneller, Sir Godfrey , baronet (1646–1723)". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/15710. Retrieved 2012-04-12. (subscription or UK public library membership required)
- De Grote Schouwburg (1995) Schildersbiografieën van Arnold Houbraken. Samenstelling Jan Konst en Manfred Sellink.
- The Pedlar