1795 in art
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Events from the year 1795 in art.
- Nicolas-Jacques Conté patents the modern pencil 'lead' in France and produces the first Conté sticks.
- William Blake's monotypes Nebuchadnezzar, Newton, The Night of Enitharmon's Joy and Pity.
- Giuseppe Ceracchi's marble portrait bust of George Washington
- Philip James de Loutherbourg's painting Lord Howe's action, or the Glorious First of June.
- François-Xavier Fabre's Portrait of Lord Holland.
- François Gérard's portrait of fellow-artist Jean-Baptiste Isabey with his daughter and his painting (assisted by Isabey) Bélisaire.
- Francisco Goya's Self-portrait in the studio.
- Guillaume Guillon-Lethière's painting The Death of Cato of Utica
- John Hoppner's Portrait of the Frankland sisters.
- February 10 – Ary Scheffer, French painter of Dutch extraction (died 1858)
- May 3 – Richard James Wyatt, English sculptor (died 1850)
- May 7 – William Fox-Strangways, English diplomat and art collector (died 1865)
- June 23 (bapt.) – William Wyon, English chief engraver at the Royal Mint (died 1851)
- July 11 – Amasa Hewins, American portrait, genre, and landscape painter (died 1855)
- September 12 – John Frederick Herring, Sr., English painter, sign maker and coachman (died 1865)
- October 20 – William Bewick, English portrait painter (died 1866)
- date unknown
- January 3 – Josiah Wedgwood, English potter (born 1730)
- January 13 – John Hickey, Irish-born sculptor (born 1756)
- June 12 – Johann Christian Brand, Austrian painter (born 1722)
- June 23 – Alexei Antropov, Russian barocco painter (born 1716)
- August 4 – Francisco Bayeu y Subías, Spanish painter in the Neoclassic style, primarily of religious and historical themes (born 1734)
- August 31 – Maruyama Ōkyo, Japanese painter (born 1733)
- October 6 - Johann Anton de Peters, German painter and etcher (born 1725)
- November 15 – Charles-Amédée-Philippe van Loo, French portrait painter (born 1719)
- November 18 – Antonio Cavallucci, Italian painter of the late Baroque (born 1752)
- December 1 – Antonio Zucchi, Italian painter of the Neoclassic period (born 1726)
- December 8 – Giovanni Battista Casanova, Italian painter and printmaker (born 1730)
- December 25 – John Alefounder, English portrait and miniature painter (born 1757)
- date unknown