1927–28 KBUs Mesterskabsrække
21 August 1927 – 9 May 1928|
4 July 1928
|Champions||B.93 (7th title)|
|Goals scored||140 (4.67 per match)|
|Biggest home win||
BK Frem 5–0 B 1903|
(20 November 1927)
|Biggest away win||
BK Fremad Amager 0–8 BK Frem|
(6 May 1928)
B.93 6–3 Kjøbenhavns BK|
(29 April 1928)
1928–29 →Total number of matches and goals played does not include the promotion/relegation play-offs.
The 1927–28 KBUs Mesterskabsrække was the 40th season of the Copenhagen Football Championship since its establishment in 1889, and the 26th under the administration of Kjøbenhavns Boldspil-Union (KBU). The season was launched on 21 August 1927 with a match between BK Fremad Amager and B.93 at Københavns Idrætspark and concluded on 9 May 1928 with the final match of the regular league fixtures, with the play-off promotion/relegation match being held on 4 July 1928. B.93, playing in white shirts, were the defending league champions from the 1926–27 KBUs season. The Copenhagen FA first-tier league ran simultaneously with the inaugural edition of the 1927–28 Danmarksmesterskabsturneringen i Fodbold, in which all of the league's teams participated. All six teams in the league, including the winners and the runners-up of the 1927–28 KBUs A-række automatically qualified for the 1928 edition of KBUs Pokalturnering, while the same teams and the third placed team of the 1927–28 KBUs A-række qualified for the 1928–29 Danmarksmesterskabsturneringen i Fodbold.
This was the first season, that the new offside rule was implemented in the league's matches. Østerbro-based B.93 won their second consecutive title of the league and their 7th overall KBU league championship, while B 1903 also finished as runners-up for the second year in a row. BK Frem, at that time based in the Vesterbro-area of Copenhagen, secured the regional cup title by defeating the defending cup champions, B.93, in the 1927 KBUs Pokalturnering final. BK Fremad Amager finished last in the Copenhagen FA's primary football league, but managed to win the first promotion/relegation play-off match against the 1927–28 KBUs A-række winner, Hellerup IK, securing their spot in the next season of KBUs Mesterskabsrække. All league matches during the season, including the play-offs, were played at Københavns Idrætspark.
The new offside rule was implemented in the league's matches this season. The newspapers speculated, that the implementation would result in several more goals being scored. During the course of the season, BK Fremad Amager appeared in three different kits — in a match against BK Frem at Københavns Idrætspark, the players of the Amager-based even had to change their outfit from red shirts/white shorts to red shirts/black shorts in the second half, because the combination were too similar to BK Frem's kit (red/blue vertical striped shirts and white shorts) in the first half.
The defending league champions from the previous season, the Østerbro-based club B.93, played the inaugural match on 21 August 1927 at Københavns Idrætspark against BK Fremad Amager, that had finished in the last spot of the league in the previous season. BK Fremad Amager had made some changes in the line-up, which now included a new goalkeeper, Heinrich Hansen, as a replacement for last season's player in that position, Schnabelrauch. The first match of the season was played in puring rain, lightning and thunder, and although much of the football field was under water, the game was not cancelled by the referee, Cand. jur. Otto Remke (affiliated with Akademisk BK). The first goal of the match — which was attended by 3,000-4,000 spectators — and the season, was made after only 3 minutes of play by the BK Fremad Amager inner winger, Henrik Selschau, by scoring between the legs of B.93's goalkeeper, Svend Jensen.
For the new season, Kjøbenhavns BK had reconstructed their first senior team's line-up, so it consisted mostly of new and young players, having played in the youth team's league under the Copenhagen FA — only the old players, and national team player, the midfielders Valdemar Laursen and Aage Jørgensen, and the defender Steen Steensen Blicher were kept on the roster. The two teams, Kjøbenhavns BK and BK Frem, reportedly fielded the youngest rosters in the league, when they meet each other in their first season match on 11 September 1927 at Københavns Idrætspark. The match originally ended in a 1–1 draw, but Kjøbenhavns Boldspil-Union (KBU) later administratively changed the score to 0–0! and awarded Kjøbenhavns BK the game as a 2 points victory due to the BK Frem player Eiler Holm being used illegally after having played on the club's reserve team earlier in the fall of 1927.
The match schedule for the league's spring season was published on 5 January 1928 by the Copenhagen FA. B 1903 played their last KBU league match of the season on 1 May, finishing temporarily at the top of the league, with 14 points for 10 matches. Three matches still needed to be played before the conclusion of the league championship, where two matches involved B.93, and two matches involved BK Fremad Amager. While B.93 could still secure their second consecutive title of the league and their 7th overall KBU league championship by winning their last two matches, BK Fremad Amager also had to possibility to avoid the relegation play-off matches at the end of the season by securing three points in their last two matches. The season's last regular league match involved both clubs and was won by the white shirts, B.93.
A total of six teams were contesting the league, all 6 sides from the 1926–27 season. A double round-robin schedule was used as every team played two games against each other team, one at home and one away. Teams received two points for a win and one point for a draw. If two or more teams were tied on points, places were determined by goal average. The team with the most points were crowned champions, while the team with the least points would enter a promotion/relegation play-off.
|Pos||Team||Pld||W||D||L||GF||GA||GR||Pts||Promotion, qualification or relegation|
|1||B.93 (C)||10||6||3||1||27||15||1.800||15||Qualification for the 1928–29 Danmarksmesterskabsturneringen|
|6||BK Fremad Amager (O)||10||2||0||8||16||39||0.410||4||Qualification to the Promotion/Relegation play-offs & 1928–29 Danmarksmesterskabsturneringen|
|Home \ Away||ABK||B93||B03||BKF||BFA||KBK|
|BK Fremad Amager||3–2||1–7||1–2||0–8||—||2–4|
Colours: Blue = home team win; Yellow = draw; Red = away team win.
For coming matches, an a indicates there is an article about the match.
‡: The match between Kjøbenhavns BK and BK Frem played on 11 September 1927 originally ended in a 1–1 tie. Kjøbenhavns Boldspil-Union (KBU) later changed the score to 0–0! and awarded Kjøbenhavns BK the game as a 2 points victory due to the BK Frem player Eiler Holm being used illegally after having played on the club's reserve team earlier in the fall of 1927.
B.93's top scorer in the league was the forward Michael Rohde, scoring 8 league goals, with Magnus Simonsen and Georg Hansen as the club's runners-up with 5 goals each in the tournament. BK Frem's top scorer in the league became the centre forward Pauli Jørgensen with 8 goals following by Henri Olsen with 7 goals. Kjøbenhavns BK had a footballer that scored a total of 9 goals during the season. The goal, that Pauli Jørgensen scored on 11 September 1927 in the match between Kjøbenhavns BK and BK Frem, is not included in the scoring list, because the match's final score was later changed by the Copenhagen FA (KBU), and neither team's goals count in KBU's archives.
|—||Vilhelm Nielsen||Kjøbenhavns BK||9|
|—||Pauli Jørgensen||BK Frem||8|
|—||Henri Olsen||BK Frem||7|
|Magnus Simonsen5||B.93||BK Fremad Amager||7–1 (A)||21 August 1927|||
|Alex Hansen4||B 1903||Akademisk BK||4–2 (A)||11 September 1927|||
|Alex Hansen||B 1903||BK Fremad Amager||5–1 (H)||25 September 1927|||
|Michael Rohde||B.93||Kjøbenhavns BK||3–1 (A)||16 October 1927|||
|Vilhelm Nielsen||Kjøbenhavns BK||BK Fremad Amager||4–2 (H)||20 November 1927|||
|Henri Olsen4||BK Frem||BK Fremad Amager||8–0 (A)||6 May 1928|||
|Pauli Jørgensen||BK Frem||BK Fremad Amager||8–0 (A)||6 May 1928|||
- 4 Player scored 4 goals
- 5 Player scored 5 goals
The 6th-placed team of the 1927–28 KBUs Mesterskabsrække met the winners of the 1927–28 KBUs A-række for a spot in the next season of the KBUs Mesterskabsrække. The rules, that had been implemented from the beginning of the 1923–24 season, were designed so that winners of the KBUs A-række had to obtain at least three points (two points for a win, 1 point for a tie and 0 points for a loss) over the course of two play-off matches in order for the team to gain promotion. BK Fremad Amager won the first play-off match against Hellerup IK with the score 3–1 (all scored in the first half of the game) and both clubs therefore remained in their respective tiers for the 1928/29–season – voiding a second play-off match. The Hellerup IK forward and captain Ejnar Nilsson got a strain after only three minutes of play, but choose to continue playing, giving the Hellerup team a handicap having to basically play as only 10 men for the remaining part of the match. Fremad Amager dominated the match start to finish. The second play-off match would have been played no later than 15 July 1928.
|BK Fremad Amager||3 – 1||Hellerup IK|
- "Denmark - København A-Raeken and National Playoffs 1889-1927". www.RSSSF.com (in Danish). Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation. 18 July 2002. Archived from the original on 19 September 2016. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- Jørgensen, Palle "Banks" (3 July 1999). "Sæsonen 1927/28". Boldklubben af 1893, Fodbold 1896-1999 : En fodboldkrønike fra den spæde begyndelse til Superligaen (in Danish) (1 ed.). Smørum: Boldklubben af 1893. p. 159.
- Bjerre, Steen Meisner. "Statistik - Tidligere kampe - År 1927/28". www.bkfrem.dk (in Danish). Boldklubben Frem. Archived from the original on 4 August 2017. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- Eson; Redaktør Vald. Hermansen (Politikens Hus, Raadhuspladsen) (12 July 1928). "Sport : H. I. K. kom ikke i Mesterrækken denne Gang. — Hellerup'erne tabte til Fremad Amager med 3 Maal mod 1" (in Danish) (Nr. 27, 1928). Villabyernes Blad. pp. 205–210 (p. 4) of the PDF–file). Retrieved 25 December 2017.
- "Historisk udvalg - Fodboldens udvikling i København - Senior - Herresenior -". www.dbukoebenhavn.dk (in Danish). Copenhagen: DBU København. Archived from the original on 6 August 2017. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
- Larsen, Henry; Jørkov, Ludvig; Nielsen, Erno (31 December 1952). "1926; Statistik; 1. holds turneringskampe og placeringer gennem årene; Turnerings- og pokalvindere". Boldklubben "1903" gennem halvtreds/50 år : 1903 - 2. juni - 1953 (in Danish). Boldklubben 1903. pp. 51–53; 142–146.
- Hansen, Mogens (November 2009). B1909 : Historien gennem 100 år - Frem til FC Fyn (in Danish). Odense. pp. 50–53.
- Jensen, Michael (1935). "Aarene 1925-1935 (pp. 8-16); Turneringsaaret 1927-1928 (pp. 9-10)". Boldklubben "Fremad" Amager : Foreningens Historie gennem 25 Aar : 1910-1935 (in Danish). København: Valentin & Lund. p. 9.
Kampen fandt sted den 7. Juli og blev vundet af Fremad over H.I.K. med 3-1.
- "Boldklubben af 1893 : Fodboldafdelingen : 1. holdets holdbilleder". fodbold.b93.dk (in Danish). B.93. Archived from the original on 22 July 2017. Retrieved 22 July 2017.
- "Sport : En vaad Start for Fodboldturneringen : B. 93 vandt en stor Sejr over Fremad, Amager, i Efteraarsturneringens første Kamp : Resultatet blev 7 Maal mod 1" (in Danish). B.T. 22 August 1927. p. 16.
- Redaktør Vald. Hermansen (Politikens Hus, Raadhuspladsen) (13 October 1927). "Sport : H. I. K. I og K. B. I spillede uafgjort" (in Danish) (Nr. 40, 1927). Villabyernes Blad. pp. 5 (pp. 303–310 of the PDF–file). Retrieved 25 December 2017.
- "Historisk udvalg - Slutstillinger - 1920-1929 - 1927/28". www.dbukoebenhavn.dk (in Danish). DBU København. Archived from the original on 4 August 2017. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- "Sport : Frem var Uheldig Igaar; 1903 fik begge Turnerings-Points" (in Danish). B.T. 12 September 1927. pp. 16–17.
- Inside; Vikar (26 March 1928). "Sport : B.93 og 1903 kæmpede uafgjort; „Fremad" sejrede over „A. B."" (in Danish). B.T. pp. 18–19.
- "Sporten : Turnerings-Fodbold; Akademisk Boldklub mod Fremad" (in Danish). Morgenbladet København. 26 March 1928. p. 3.
- Emil Andersen (7 May 1928). "Dagens Sport Nyheder : „Frem" sluttede sin Foraarssæson flot" (in Danish). Dagbladet København. p. 14.
- Vadmand, Ole (1985). "Store år i tyverne - blandt de (næst)bedste". Fremad Amager 75 år 1910-1985 - Jubilæumsskrift for Boldklubben Fremad Amager (in Danish). København: Boldklubben Fremad Amager. pp. 14–16.
- ØB Avisen - 100 års jubilæumsudgave (PDF) (in Danish) (100. årgang ed.). Copenhagen: Østerbros Boldklub. 1 September 1994. p. 25. Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 July 2017. Retrieved 24 July 2017.
- Emil Andersen; Ove (5 July 1928). "Dagens Sport Nyheder : Mesterrækken bliver uforandret : „Fremad" klarede sig atter i Aar. - Svigtede Nerver kostede H. I. K. Chancen." (in Danish). Nationaltidende. p. 16.
- Hansen, Mogens. "Dansk Fodbold 1928 - KBU Mesterrækken" (PDF). www.fodboldfyn.dk. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 August 2017. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
Oprykning til Mesterrækken : Fremad Amager - HIK 3-1
- Emil Andersen (3 July 1928). "Dagens Sport Nyheder : Oprykningskampen : H. I. K.'s Hold" (in Danish). Nationaltidende. p. 18.