Lima at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival
June 12, 1981|
Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
(m. 2009; div. 2016)
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Hair color||Dark Brown|
Adriana Lima (Brazilian Portuguese: [adɾiˈãnɐ ˈlimɐ]; born June 12, 1981) is a Brazilian model and actress, best known as a Victoria's Secret Angel since 1999 (being their longest-running model and named "the most valuable Victoria's Secret Angel" in 2017), as a spokesmodel for Maybelline cosmetics since 2003 and for her Super Bowl and Kia Motors commercials. At the age of 15, Lima won Ford's "Supermodel of Brazil" competition, and took second place the following year in the Ford "Supermodel of the World" competition before signing with Elite Model Management in New York City.
Lima is currently ranked by Models.com as one of the New Supers in the fashion industry. Since 2014, Lima has been the world's second highest-paid model. In 2012, she came in 4th on the Forbes top-earning models list, estimated to have earned $7.3 million in one year. In 2013, she came in 3rd place and in 2014 she came in 2nd place with earnings of $8 million. In 2015, she came in 2nd place with earnings of $9 million. In 2016, she kept the 2nd place with earnings of $10.5 million.
Lima is the current brand ambassador for the Barcelona-based clothing brand Desigual, for the Beachwear collection of Italian brand Calzedonia, and for the ready-to-wear collection of Italian brand Sportmax.
Lima was born on 12 June 1981 in Salvador, Brazil. Many sources state that "Francesca" is her middle name, but Lima herself denied this in an interview to W Radio Colombia in 2010, and confirmed that her name is only Adriana Lima. Her parents are Nelson Torres and Maria das Graças Lima, a social worker. Her father left the family when she was six months old, and Lima was raised only by her mother.
Lima never thought about being a model, although she had won many beauty pageants in elementary school. However, a friend at school who wanted to enter a modeling contest and did not want to enter alone, so Lima entered with her. Both sent in pictures, and the contest sponsor soon asked Lima to come out for the competition. Soon after, at the age of 15, she entered and finished in first place in Ford's "Supermodel of Brazil" model search. She subsequently entered the 1996 Ford Models Supermodel of the World contest and finished in second place.
Three years later, Lima moved to New York City and signed with Elite Model Management. After acquiring representation, Lima's modeling portfolio quickly began to expand, and she appeared in numerous international editions of Vogue and Marie Claire.
As a runway model, she has walked the catwalk for designers such as Rosa Cha, Blue man, Fashion's Night Out, Caio Gobbi, Fause Haten, M. Officer, Luca Luca, Liverpool Fashion, Dosso Dossi, Carmen Steffens, Cía Maritima, Agua de Coco, Lino Villaventura, Forum, Vassarette, Zoomp, Joan Vass, Cori, Emilio Pucci, Fendi, Giles Deacon, Carmen Marc Valvo, Emanuel Ungaro, Baby Phat, Giorgio Armani, Balmain, Bottega Veneta, Sportmax, Vera Wang, Valentino, Miu Miu, Givenchy, Versace, Cividini, Alexandre Herchcovitch, Jason Wu, Marc Jacobs, Christian Dior, Paco Rabanne, Victoria's Secret, Sean John, Prada, Louis Vuitton, Desigual, Cynthia Rowley, Sully Bonnelly, Anna Sui, Guy Laroche, John Galliano, Alexander McQueen, Yigal Azrouël, Ralph Lauren, Christian Lacroix, Escada, Nanette Lepore, Richard Tyler, Triton and Betsey Johnson.
Lima continued to build upon her portfolio, doing more print work for Maybelline, for whom she worked as a spokesmodel from 2003 until 2009, the same year she appeared in the company's first calendar and did an ad campaign for Swatch. Lima has also worked for notable fashion brands bebe, Armani, Versace, De Beers, Elie Saab, Colcci, Schiaparelli, Prada, Intimissimi, GUESS?, LOEWE, H&M, Bulgari, Miu Miu, Donna Karan, Emporio Armani, Givenchy, Keds, Mossimo, Jason Wu, Balmain, Blumarine, Marc Jacobs, Maybelline, BCBG, and Louis Vuitton.
She also appeared on the covers and in the editorials of other fashion magazines such as Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, ELLE, Grazia, Cosmopolitan, Interview, GQ, W, Arena, V, Esquire, Garage, and French Revue des Modes.
Her April 2006 GQ cover was the highest-selling issue of that magazine for the year. It was also one of the all-time best selling issues of the publication. The magazine named her "The World's Most Voluptuous Virgin".
In 2008, she again fronted the cover of GQ, this time attracting a record number of visits to the publication's website. She also appeared in the 2005 Pirelli Calendar and became the face of Italy's cell phone carrier, Telecom Italia Mobile, a move that earned her the nickname, "the Catherine Zeta-Jones of Italy."
In February 2008, Lima was featured on the cover of Esquire, re-creating the classic 1966 Angie Dickinson cover on Esquire's 75th anniversary. She appeared only in shoes, diamonds and gloves for the November 2007 issue of Vanity Fair celebrating 20 years of supermodels with her fellow Angels. In February 2008, she was chosen to be the face of Mexico's Liverpool department store chain and launched the partnership with a press conference, runway show, and summer campaign.
Lima returned to the high fashion runway in 2009, walking for Givenchy. That same year, after visiting Turkey, Lima signed a contract with Doritos to appear in print campaigns and commercials which began airing in Turkey that April. She was also one of the faces of Givenchy for the Fall/Winter 2009 season. Lima is one of the two faces of Blumarine's Fall/Winter 2011 season.
In 2011, Lima signed a deal as a spokeswoman for Megacity by Votsu, a Brazilian social gaming company, to appear in their commercials. She also became the face of Brazilian luxury brand, Forum for their F/W and S/S seasons. Lima has worked with the most established photographers in fashion such as Annie Leibovitz, Juergen Teller, Bruce Weber, J.R. Duran, Paolo Roversi, Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matidin, Vincent Peters, Mario Sorrenti, Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, Steven Meisel, David Sims and Mario Testino.
In early 2012, Turkish clothing company Mavi Jeans, contracted with Lima to be the face and spokesmodel for the brand. In the first quarter of 2012, her advertisement campaign increased sales by 50%. It also provided a 20% increase in stores and online traffic. Furthermore, her television commercial, which was watched by 28 million people, became a trending topic at Twitter and the number of people on Mavi's Facebook page increased by 20%. Store officials at Mavi say the clothing Lima wore in the ad campaigns was met with so much demand that they ran out of stock. Due to her success rate with the company, the European and Russian branch of Mavi decided to make her the global face of the brand.
Lima was photographed by artist Richard Phillips on the famed Copacabana sidewalk in Brazil for Visionaire no. 62 which was released in mid-2012. Lima is the subject of a painting by Phillips at Gagosian Gallery's 24th Street Gallery in New York.
In an interview, Phillips talks about Lima: "She's so powerful, really an entity, in a way." Then added "You meet her and there's a generosity of spirit and very friendly and easy manner, and then all of sudden, the lights go on, and you realize you're working with this absolutely extraordinary person who's capable of creating these powerful images."
She is – for the second time – featured in the Pirelli calendar by setting a record of being the first pregnant woman to be ever featured in the calendar for the 2013 edition.
In July 2013, Spanish fashion brand Desigual announced that Lima would be the face of the brand during Barcelona Fashion Week Spring- Summer '14, following Bar Refaeli in the same role on January 2013. In April 2014, Lima was chosen as the first brand ambassador of Desigual for the brand's 30th anniversary. She has been named the "ambassador of la vida es Chula," Desigual's "life is cool" motto. Desigual marketing director, Borja Castresana, stated that Adriana "reflects our values and represents Desigual women who are confident, optimistic and full of life." The campaign was launched on 20 April 2014, with television commercials in Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Austria and Belgium.
In 2013, she ranked as the third highest paid supermodel according to Forbes, with earnings of $6 million. In 2014, she ranked as the world's second highest paid supermodel with earnings of $8 million.
In June 2014, she returned to her role as a Maybelline New York spokesmodel. She had been the face of the brand between 2003 and 2009. Lima was also chosen as the new face of Jason Wu Fall/Winter 2014 campaign. Jason Wu stated about Lima, "She's sexy, and there's this feline-esque prowess that felt appropriate for the clothes. And she's got those eyes! She’s like our own Bianca Jagger. Adriana is a new take on the supermodel - she's from a different era. At the end of the day, these ads are about the women and the sexiness, and I continue to choose women who inspire me."
In 2015, she became the face of Vogue Eyewear and of Marc Jacobs' fragance Decadence. In the same year, she was ranked as the world's second highest paid supermodel with earnings of $9 million.
In April 2016, Lima became the face of Italian lingerie brand Calzedonia's Swimwear collection. In July 2016, Lima was chosen by NBC alongside fellow Brazilian model Alessandra Ambrosio as the channel's food and culture correspondents for the 2016 Summer Olympics. In January 2017, Lima starred in the ready-to-wear Spring/Summer 2017 campaign for the Italian brand Sportmax.
Lima is probably best known for her work with Victoria's Secret. She walked her first Victoria’s Secret runway in 1999, at age 18 and since being contracted as an Angel in 2000, she has appeared on subsequent shows ever since, opening the show in 2003, 2007, 2008, and 2010. In 2012, she opened the show for the 5th time less than two months after giving birth to her second child.
In 2004, she was part of the five Angels promoting Victoria's Secret nationwide in the so-called "Angels Across America"-Tour alongside Tyra Banks, Heidi Klum, Gisele Bündchen and Alessandra Ambrosio. She missed the 2009 show due to her pregnancy. Lima has appeared on several television ads for the brand, including the praised and criticized "Angel in Venice" commercial of 2003 with Bob Dylan.
2008 continued with Lima hosting the What Is Sexy? program for the E! Entertainment Network and a July tour for the BioFit Uplift Bra launch. She was also featured in November's Miracle Bra relaunch. Topping the year off, Lima wore the "Fantasy Bra" for the 2008 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. The bra, created by American jewelry designer Martin Katz, was set with 3,575 black diamonds, 117 certified 1 carat (200 mg) white round diamonds, 34 rubies, and two black diamond drops totaling 100 carats (20 g). Valued at over $5 million, the bra carried more than 1,500 carats (300 g).
In 2010, she again wore the Fantasy Bra, called the Victoria's Secret Bombshell Fantasy Bra. The bra which weighs in at 142 carats with 60 carats of white diamonds and 82 carats of topazes and sapphires is worth 2 million dollars. She wore the fantasy bra again in 2014, along with Alessandra Ambrosio, with each bra valuing $2,000,000.
In July 2016, Victoria's Secret launched its own sports bra line, Victoria Sport, and Lima starred on the commercial alongside models Elsa Hosk, Romee Strijd, Jasmine Tookes and Josephine Skriver.
In January 2017, Lima was named "the most valuable Victoria's Secret Angel" according to analytics company D'Marie, which conducted research that factored in social media likes, followers, sales conversions and engagement to come up with the results. "We've developed an algorithm that compiles over 24 specific metrics from each social media platform that determines an individual's ranking amongst others' in any variety of categories," D'Marie explained.
Acting and hosting
Lima's first acting role was the wife, alongside Mickey Rourke and Forest Whitaker, in The Follow (2001), a short film in BMW's series The Hire, starring Clive Owen and directed by Wong Kar-wai. She also appeared with her fellow Angels in a guest spot playing herself in the CBS comedy series How I Met Your Mother in November 2007. She also played herself, along with fellow Victoria's Secret Angels, in the 2013 series The Crazy Ones starring Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar. In 2008, Lima appeared on the American television series Ugly Betty, where she played herself and made friends with the series' title character, Betty.
Super Bowl ads
Lima's 2008 solo Victoria's Secret's Super Bowl XLII ad was the single most-seen ad of the game, watched by 103.7 million viewers. In February 2012, Lima became the only celebrity to ever star in two Super Bowl commercials in one game. She starred in Super Bowl XLVI commercials for online flower service Teleflora and Kia Motors which were watched by more than 200 million viewers. Her Kia Motors Super Bowl commercial – promoting the new Kia Optima – sent sales to their highest mark since the design debuted. Sales were up 31% from January 2012 and 138.6% from February 2012. The commercial was also voted No.3 out of the 55 commercials on USA TODAY and Facebook's Super Bowl Ad Meter. A teaser of the commercial was released in movie theaters in January before the game. It is believed to be the first time a Super Bowl commercial premiered in movie theaters.
Forbes named her Teleflora commercial as one of the best during Super Bowl XLVI, with the comment, "Teleflora ... Adriana Lima. 'Nuff said". Among the many reviews of the commercial, The Huffington Post said: "One of the basic goals of any commercial is to capture the viewer's attention, and by this measure, Teleflora.com's ad featuring supermodel Adriana Lima was most definitely successful." ESPN.com noted: "This actually makes sense when you think about it: Launch your Valentine's Day campaign in the middle of the Super Bowl. That's actually what flower company Teleflora is doing on Sunday. Even smarter? Hire supermodel Adriana Lima to star in it."
After nine months of dating, Lima became engaged to Serbian NBA player Marko Jarić in June 2008. The couple married on St. Valentine's Day 2009 in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. In May 2009, it was reported that Lima had applied for Serbian citizenship, but it was never granted to her. Jarić and Lima have two daughters. On 2 May 2014, Lima and Jarić announced their separation after five years of marriage. The divorce was finalized in March 2016.
Lima is a devout Roman Catholic who attends Mass every Sunday. In April 2006, she told GQ that she was a virgin. "Sex is for after marriage," she said. "[Men] have to respect that this is my choice. If there's no respect, that means they don't want me." She also denounced abortion as a crime, and stated that she agrees with any teaching of the church. Lima is known to bring a Bible with her backstage before she goes onstage. She has also stated that, before she became a Victoria's Secret Angel, she had wanted to become a nun. Regarding her spirituality, Lima stated, "The church is in me — I always connect. If you're connected with the divine and always have pure intentions with everything you’re doing, you're protected by the angels. I'm very spiritual. I believe in nature, I believe in energy, I believe in spirits."
Lima does charitable work helping with an orphanage, "Caminhos da Luz" (Paths of Light), located in Salvador. She helps with construction to expand the orphanage, and buys clothes for poor children in Salvador, Bahia. She appeared on Var mısın? Yok musun?, the Turkish version of Deal or No Deal, where her prize money went to a hospital in Istanbul for children fighting leukemia.
Lima was listed in the 2005 Forbes' edition of The World's Best-Paid Celebrities Under 25. She ranked ninety-nine in the 2005 and 2006 Forbes' edition of The Celebrity 100 lists. In 2012, she was listed in Forbes Celebrity 100 power list for earning more than 7 million between May 2011 and May 2012. In 2012, she ranked number eight in forbes' "The World's Most Powerful Latino Celebrities" list for earning more than 7 million dollars.
Lima was chosen to be a part of People magazine's 100 most beautiful people in the world list, sharing that space with the Angels, with whom she also received a star on the Hollywood "Walk of Fame" prior to the 2007 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. That same year, she ranked 7th on FHMs "100 Sexiest Women 2007" list.
Lima was also voted on Maxim's "Hot 100" 2007 at the No. 53 spot. She was voted No.1 as the Most Desirable Woman in 2005 by visitors of the men's lifestyle website AskMen.com and placed 4th in 2006 and 2007, 10th in 2008, and 19th in 2009. She received the award for "Hottest Girl on the Planet" in the 2007 Spike Guys' Choice Awards. Since November 2008, Models.com has featured her at number one on the list of the "Sexiest Models". In July 2011, she was ranked No. 4 in the website's "Money Girls" list. The website also lists her on "the Supers" list. The list, which has only 8 supermodels, is about supermodels that transcend the boundaries of the fashion industry and have public recognition in and out of fashion. In 2010, she was voted eighth in "FHM's Sexiest Women in the World". FHM ranked her at No. 6 in 2009, No. 21 in 2008 and No. 4 in 2007.
In 2010, Lima was ranked No. 46 on the 50 most popular women on the Web according to Google search results. A results from a market research study in 2011 about the UEFA Champions League released by Heineken showed that 52% of men would rather watch their team lift the Champions League trophy than go on a date with Lima. McAfee ranked Lima as the 6th most "dangerous" celebrity in cyberspace in 2010. The ranking, relating to the use of the names of popular celebrities to lure people to websites that are laden with malicious software, ranked Lima number eight in 2011. Complex ranks her 4th in the list of "The 100 Hottest Supermodels of All Time".
On October 6, 2015, it was announced that Adriana will have her own wax figure at the Madame Tussauds New York. She is the first Victoria's Secret Angel and the second Brazilian figure to join the Tussauds star lineup, after soccer star Pelé. Her wax figure was unveiled on 30 November 2015.
In a 2011 interview with The Daily Telegraph, prior to the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, Lima said that nine days before the show she drinks only protein shakes, and no liquids at all for the last 12 hours "so you dry out, sometimes you can lose up to eight pounds just from that". She also stated that the last three weeks before the show, she works out twice a day. The interview got negative reviews on the media and was mentioned in CNN's Anderson Cooper's "Ridiculist". Shortly afterwards, Lima defended herself in an interview with E!, "I know it's very intense but ... I just have an athlete's mind and I appreciate doing this thing," she said. "It's not that I do crazy diets throughout the year. I just do it for this particular thing. After this show, I become normal again."
The Adriana Lima diet became so popular that it eventually became one of the top five most searched diets on the web in 2012 according to Google. Other celebrities on the list are Beyoncé and Michael Phelps.
- English translated sources and Lima herself states she has Indian ancestry. The ambiguous meaning of the word "Indian" in English, has led some to believe that the Amerindian "indian" ancestry originated from India, when in slang "indian" is meant to refer to indigenous peoples of the Americas. In Portuguese, such ambiguity is nonexistent, since there are two words to convey the different meanings: índio for an American Indian (or Amerindian, including Native Brazilians); and indiano for people and things related to India.
- "The Society Management – New York City – Adriana Lima". Retrieved June 17, 2018.
- "W Radio Colombia Interview - Part 1". YouTube. September 24, 2010. Retrieved November 24, 2016.
- "Adriana Lima - Victoria's Secret". Victoria's Secret.[permanent dead link]
- Talarico, Brittany (December 5, 2016). "7 Reasons Adriana Lima Is the Guardian Angel of the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show". People. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- "The New Supers List". Models.com. Retrieved February 20, 2017.
- Solomon, Brian (June 14, 2012). "The World's Highest Paid Models". Forbes.com. Forbes.com LLC. Retrieved June 20, 2012.
- Robehmed, Natalie (August 30, 2016). "The World's Highest Paid Models 2016". Forbes.com. Forbes.com LLC. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- Adriana Lima Profile in the FMD database. Retrieved June 23, 2007.
- "Adriana Lima", 2015, Vogue Paris
- "A princesa da moda". ISTOÉ Gente (in Portuguese). August 18, 2003. Retrieved November 24, 2016.
- "Adriana Lima - Vogue Paris". Vogue Paris. November 24, 2015. Retrieved November 28, 2017.
- "Adriana Lima talks about her mixed heritage". YouTube. December 4, 2011. Retrieved November 24, 2016.
- "Adriana Lima is Next to be Immortalized". Madame Tussauds. October 5, 2015. Retrieved November 24, 2016.
- "Adriana Lima - Vogue.it". Vogue Italy.
- ""Adriana Lima: rica, linda e poderosa"" [Adriana Lima: rich, beautiful and powerful]. Correio da Bahia (in Portuguese). December 8, 2008.
- "Adriana Lima". Maybelline. Archive as of 2008-01-15, via archive.org.
- "Adriana Lima". Elle Germany. Retrieved July 28, 2016.
- "Victoria's Secret Models: Adriana Lima, Long-Running Angel". Victoria's Secret Models. January 8, 2016. Retrieved October 25, 2016.
- "Vogue Gioiello - Sept 2000 - 20th Anniversary - Adriana Lima". Ebay.co.uk.
- Mod-TV video 1:02–1:09
- Mod-TV video 0:51–1:04
- '+relative_time(twitters[i].created_at)+'. "Swatch". AdrianaLimaFan.net. Retrieved July 7, 2012.
- "Adriana Lima - Publicity - IMDb". IMDb.
- Forbes Top Fifteen Models Forbes. Retrieved 2007-06-16.
- "MODELS.com's Top Sexiest Models - 5-1". Models.com. August 12, 2011. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- "Adriana Lima's new title is "the world's most voluptuous virgin" (Vogue.com UK)". Vogue UK. March 16, 2006. Retrieved October 25, 2012.
- Forbes Top Fifteen Models. Retrieved June 16, 2007.
- Top 100 Celebrities 2006 Forbes. July 26, 2007.
- "In Pictures: The World's 15 Top-Earning Models". Forbes. April 30, 2008. Retrieved December 24, 2016.
- "Adriana Lima". AskMen. Archived from the original on December 3, 2012. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- "Adriana Lima, Forbes Top Celebrities", Forbes. Retrieved May 21, 2007.
- Vanity FairArchived October 24, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Model Adriana Lima arrives to Liverpool Santa Fe to attend Fashion... | 80077473". Wire Image. February 29, 2008. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- StyleFrizz. Retrieved March 19, 2009
- "Adriana Lima Doritos Commercial 3". YouTube. October 17, 2011. Retrieved October 25, 2012.
- Givenchy fw09. Models.com. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- Models.com. Accessed 2011-08-10. Models.com.
- "MegaCity – Comercial estrelado pela supermodelo Adriana Lima!" Video on YouTube (in Portuguese)
- Profile at Celeb Net Worth
- "Adriana Lima - Model Profile - Photos & latest news". Models.com. Retrieved October 25, 2012.
- Misener, Jessica (December 15, 2011). "Adriana Lima Donna Karan Ads For Spring 2012: Are They Misguided?". HuffPost. Retrieved February 12, 2012.
- "Google Translate". Google. May 20, 2012. Retrieved July 7, 2012.
- "Google Translate". Google. Retrieved July 7, 2012.
- First Look: Visionaire 62 Rio | Made in Brazil Archived September 19, 2012, at the Wayback Machine. Madeinbrazilblog.com.
- Timeline Photos. Facebook.
- First Looks: Artist Richard Phillips Talks Adriana Lima and Lindsay Lohan - The Cut. New York. (October 20, 2012).
- "Pirelli Calendar 2013: Adriana Lima Pregnant, Models Not Nude For The First Time In Years [PHOTOS]". International Business Times. November 28, 2012. Retrieved July 28, 2016.
- "Desigual blog: Adriana Lima for Desigual in the 080 Barcelona Fashion".
- "Bar Refaeli Struts the Runway for Desigual at Barcelona Fashion Week [VIDEO]". Stylebistro.com. January 20, 2013. Retrieved July 28, 2016.
- "Desigual's first-ever brand ambassador is Adriana Lima". Fashion Network UK. April 17, 2014. Retrieved January 21, 2017.
- Le, Vanna (August 19, 2013). "The World's Highest Paid Models 2013". Forbes.com. Forbes.com LLC. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- Solomon, Brian (August 18, 2014). "Forbes - The World's Highest-Paid Models Of 2014: Adriana Lima". Forbes.com LLC. Retrieved August 26, 2014.
- "Adriana Lima Returns As Maybelline New York Spokesmodel". Vogue. June 19, 2014. Retrieved January 21, 2017.
- "Adriana Lima is the new face of Jason Wu". Independent.ie. June 25, 2014. Retrieved January 21, 2017.
- "Adriana Lima Modeling Glasses For Vogue Eyewear". PopSugar.com. October 5, 2015. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Kosin, Julie (May 4, 2015). "Adriana Lima is the Face of Marc Jacobs' New Fragance and His Met Gala Date". Harper's Bazaar. Retrieved March 22, 2018.
- "Forbes World's Highest Paid Models list, all the latest styles". The Sunday Telegraph. September 17, 2015.
- "Adriana Lima Is New Face of Calzedonia". FemaleFirst. April 11, 2016. Retrieved January 21, 2017.
- Minutaglio, Ross (July 19, 2016). "Alessandra Ambrosio and Adriana Lima Will Be Olympic Cultural Contributors: 'Sports Run in Our Blood!'". People. Retrieved January 28, 2017.
- "Brazilian supermodels Alessandra Ambrosio and Adriana Lima join NBC Olympics' coverage in Rio". NBC Sports Pressbox. July 19, 2016. Retrieved January 28, 2017.
- "ADRIANA LIMA TAKES A DIP IN SPORTMAX'S SPRING 2017 ADS". Fashion Gone Rogue. January 28, 2017. Retrieved May 5, 2017.
- "Adriana Lima's 9 Favorite Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Looks (Photos)". The Daily Beast. December 9, 2013. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- "Adriana Lima: Victoria's Secret's Angel and Her Style Evolution from 2001 to 2011 [PHOTOS]". International Business Times. Retrieved October 25, 2012.
- Twitter / ELLEmagazine: A caped @AdrianaLima opens. Twitter.com.
- Adriana Lima Wows at Victoria's Secret Show Two Months After Giving Birth | Fox News Latino. Latino.foxnews.com (November 8, 2012).
- Victoria Secrets has made some of these Super Models Really Rich. Archived July 26, 2012, at the Wayback Machine. thereallyrich.com. Retrieved April 11, 2012.
- 2009 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show fashion-style.becomegorgeous.com. Retrieved 2012-04-11.
- Dylan appearing in Victoria's Secret ad. Retrieved 2007-09-19.
- 'Lovesick' and Attired. Retrieved 2007-09-19.
- Pink, Stuart (December 5, 2008). "Lima's hotness is no Miracle". London: The Sun. Retrieved October 25, 2012.
- "Brazilian beauty Adriana Lima shows off her killer curves in Victoria's Secret's Miracle Bra". Daily Mail. London. December 4, 2008. Retrieved October 25, 2012.
- "Victoria's Secret unveils 2008 'Fantasy Bra'" Archived January 14, 2010, at the Wayback Machine. "National Jeweler", October 20, 2008.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Watch Adriana Lima Show Off Victoria's Secret $2 Million Bra" Archived March 14, 2012, at the Wayback Machine. February 10, 2010, People
- "Introducing Victoria Sport". YouTube. July 21, 2016. Retrieved January 28, 2017.
- "Adriana Lima & More Angels Work Up a Sweat in Victoria Sport". Fashion Rogue. November 6, 2016. Retrieved January 28, 2017.
- "This Is Officially the Most Valuable Victoria's Secret Angel". Who What Wear. January 2, 2017. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- "Adriana Lima named most valuable Victoria's Secret Angel". Stuff.co.nz. January 6, 2017. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- Bridget Daly (September 5, 2008). Adriana Lima to join cast of Ugly Betty Archived November 23, 2008, at the Wayback Machine. tv.hollyscoop.com. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- Mallenbaum, Carly (September 20, 2017). "Supermodel Adriana Lima takes us on the set of Lifetime's 'American Beauty Star'". USA Today. Retrieved September 24, 2017.
- Close Super Bowl puts even more eyes on late-airing ads. Retrieved 2008-08-07.
- Super Bowl ads: Super model Adriana Lima in demand. Latimesblogs.latimes.com (February 3, 2012).
- Model Adriana Lima Stars in Two Super Hot Super Bowl Commercials. The Hollywood Reporter. (February 6, 2012).
- Cars.com (July 3, 2012). "Did Super Bowl XLVI Ads Impact Car Sales? - Kicking Tires". The Washington Post. Retrieved July 7, 2012.
- "Obama needs a Brazilian supermodel". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved July 7, 2012.
- "2012 USA TODAY Facebook Super Bowl Ad Meter: Rate the ads". USA Today. February 5, 2012. Retrieved October 25, 2012.
- "USA TODAY Facebook Super Bowl Ad Meter Scores" February 8, 2012
- "Kia Motors USA to premiere Super Bowl ad in theaters". Los Angeles Times. January 20, 2012. Retrieved October 25, 2012.
- Patrick Rishe (April 18, 2012). "The Winners and Losers of Super Bowl Commercials in 2012". Forbes. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- Greenberg, Chris (February 6, 2012). "Adriana Lima Teleflora.Com Super Bowl Commercial: Sexy Ad Stirs Controversy (VIDEO)". HuffPost. Retrieved October 25, 2012.
- "From The Bark Side to Bueller, a look at 2012's Super Bowl commercials - ESPN". ESPN. February 1, 2012. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- Alexander, Bryan (June 13, 2008). "Supermodel Adriana Lima Engaged to Basketball Star". People. Retrieved 2012-09-12.
- Odell, Amy (February 24, 2009) "Adriana Lima Got Married". New York Magazine.
- Wihlborg, Ulrica (February 29, 2009). "Supermodel Adriana Lima Elopes!" People.
- "Adrijana Lima želi državljanstvo Srbije". Radio-televizjia Srbije. May 27, 2009.
- "Adrijana Lima nikada nije uzela srpski pasoš!" [Adriana Lima Never Took Serbian Passport!]. Alo. May 8, 2014. Retrieved April 1, 2015.
- Triggs, Charlotte (May 5, 2010). "First Photo: Meet Adriana Lima's Daughter Valentina!" People.
- "Adriana Lima Gives Birth to Daughter Sienna!". Us Weekly. September 12, 2012. Retrieved November 11, 2016.
- Lee, Esther (May 2, 2014). "Adriana Lima Splits From Husband Marko Jaric After 5 Years of Marriage: Supermodel Announces Separation From Former NBA Player". Us Weekly. Retrieved August 13, 2018.
- Johnson, Richard (March 15, 2015). "Adriana Lima is divorced". Page Six. Retrieved March 16, 2016.
- "Adriana Lima: Our favorite ... virgin?" GQ (April 2006).
- "Tom Cruise Proposes to Katie Holmes; Angelina Jolie's Personal Life Full of Drama; Picks and Pans of New Movies". Showbiz Tonight. (June 17, 2005).
- "Adriana Lima wanted to be a nun". Fox News. February 27, 2017. Retrieved March 2, 2017.
- Adriana helping her charity. Superiorpics.com. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- Adriana on deal or no deal"[dead link]
- The World's Best-Paid Celebrities Under 25. MSN. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- Lea Goldman; Kiri Blakely (June 15, 2006). The Celebrity 100. Forbes. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- Elliott, Hannah. "On The Celebrity 100, Gisele Tops Kate". Retrieved July 28, 2016.
- "The World's Most Powerful Latino Celebraties May 25, 2012, Forbes.
- "USA: Victoria's Secret"angels"honored with a star on the Hollywood walk of fame Video - Adriana Lima Videos". Starpulse.com. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- No.7 Adriana Lima and No.6 Jessica Biel – 100 Sexiest Women 2007Archived June 6, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.", FHM. Retrieved 2007-05-21.
- "AskMen.com - Press Releases". AskMen. January 31, 2008. Archived from the original on November 13, 2012. Retrieved October 25, 2012.
- "Press Releases". AskMen.com. Archived from the original on November 13, 2012. Retrieved October 25, 2012.
- Spike Guys' Choice Awards
- "No.1 Sexiest model". Models.com. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- Money Girls List Models.com
- MODELS.com's The Supers. Models.com.
- FHM RankingArchived July 15, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.. FHM.com. Retrieved 2010-08-10.
- Adriana LimaArchived January 9, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.. fhm.com. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- The 50 Most Popular Women on the Web According to Google search results" April 15, 2010, COED Magavine.
- "Heidi Klum Named Most Dangerous Celebrity in Cyberspace" mcafee.com
- The 100 Hottest Supermodels of All Time. Complex.
- The Hottest Adriana Lima Archived March 12, 2016, at the Wayback Machine. celebritypicx.com See Latest Info and Images of Adriana Lima
- "Wax figure of Adriana Lima added to Madame Tussauds New York". Yahoo. October 6, 2015.
- "Adriana Lima Is the Most Famous Victoria's Secret Angel". Vogue. 30 November 2015.
- "Victoria's Secret Angel Adriana Lima unveils Madame Tussauds figure". Daily Mail. 30 November 2015.
- Whitworth, Melissa (November 7, 2011). "Victoria's Secret show: What does it take to be a Victoria's Secret Angel? - Telegraph". The Daily Telegraph. London. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- Fenner, Justin (November 11, 2011). "Anderson Cooper | Adriana Lima's Diet | The Ridiculist". Styleite. Retrieved December 25, 2012.
- Hammel, Sara (November 11, 2011). "Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: Adriana Lima Extreme Diet". People. Retrieved February 21, 2017.
- "The Most Popular Diets Of 2012 (According To Google)". Time. December 12, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Adriana Lima.|