|Born||Rajur, Yavatmal district, Maharashtra, India|
|Occupation||writer, columnist, social activist, educationist|
Anand Teltumbde is a management professional, writer, civil rights activist, and political analyst. He has authored many books (translated widely in most Indian languages) on various issues relating to Peoples' movement with particular emphasis on Left and Dalits and is a noted scholar on the subject. He has extensively written in English and Marathi in popular newspapers and magazines commenting on contemporary issues. He is a regular contributor to magazines like Outlook India, Tehelka, Mainstream, Seminar, Frontier, and Economic & Political Weekly in which he writes a regular column 'Margin Speak'.
He has a BE (Mechanical) from VNIT, Nagpur; PGDM (IIM, Ahmedabad), FEI (I), Ph D (Management). He held responsible position in corporate sector such as Executive Director, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. and Managing Director and CEO, Petronet India Ltd. He also handled important assignments in Nigeria, Kenya, Tanzania and China.
Worked on many important industry and government committees and was a member of the study group on Petroleum Deregulation in 1995.
He has taught at various management institutes to post graduates and doctoral students and has been a Ph D examiner for various universities. Published more than 20 research papers in reputed international journals in the areas of Production Research, Ergonomics, Information Technology and Business Strategy.
Had a parallel career as an activist since student days during which he held many elected positions. He has actively participated in movements of unorganised and workers in informal sectors, slum dwellers, and Dalits and has been a noted activist in civil rights movement as a member of Committee for Protection of Democratic Rights (CPDR). He has participated more than 100 fact-finding missions in the incidents of civil rights violations and communal crimes.
As a noted public intellectual, he has delivered scores of public speeches on issues of public interests and education. He has delvered more than 100 memorial lectures and key note speeches in academic conferences in India and abroad.
He edited Marathi working class monthly – Thinagi (The Spark)and worked on the editorial boards of Samaj Prabodhan Patrika, Vidrohi and other progressive magazines. He has pioneered a critique of neoliberal globalisation in India from a viewpoint of downtrodden people with a book (Marathi) published in 1995 and thereafter numerous papers, pamphlets and articles.
He received many prestigious awards and recognitions such as Vikas Ratna, Ambedkar Centenary Award (UK), Ram Manohar Lohia Centenary Award, Maharashtra Foundation (USA) Award for Social Work (2008) and Maharashtra Foundation (USA) Award (2010) for the book- Samrajyavadvirodh ani Jati Vinash.
He teaches Management at the Goa Institute of Management (GIM).
The Khairlanji Murders and India's Hidden Apartheid 
perspectives for understanding communal praxis
- Anti-imperialism & annihilation of castes
- Ambedkar in and for the Post-Ambedkar Dalit Movement
- Globalisation and the Dalits
- Ambedkar on Muslims
- Capitalism and the Caste Question
- Impact of New Economic Reforms on Dalits in India
Karnataka State University awarded him Doctor of Literature (D Litt) (Honouris causa) in 2014.
University of Hyderabad, Department of Sociology has recommended for Honorary Doctorate in the year 2015.
- "www.indiaclub.com/Shop/AuthorSelect.asp?Author=Anand+Teltumbde". indiaclub.com. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- "Archive News - The Hindu". hindu.com. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- "www.hardnewsmedia.com/2011/08/4087". hardnewsmedia.com. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- "Baba Ramdev | Anna Hazare | Corruption | Protest | Mahakranti - Oneindia". news.oneindia.in. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- "It's Not Red Vs Blue". outlookindia.com. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- "Tehelka - India's Independent Weekly News Magazine". tehelka.com. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- "633 Anand Teltumbde, Identity politics and the annihilation of castes". india-seminar.com. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- "625 Anand Teltumbde, Corruption and injustice". india-seminar.com. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- "www.epw.in/ejournal/term/1/_/taxonomy%3Aterm%3A10598". epw.in. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- "Home". vnit.ac.in. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- "IIMA Alumni Portal". iimaalumni.org. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- "Home - ZED Books". zedbooks.co.uk. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- "arts/books/article3704557". thehindu.com. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- "arts/books/article17939". thehindu.com. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- Teltumbde, A. (2005). Hindutva and Dalits: Perspectives for Understanding Communal Praxis. Samya. ISBN 9788185604756. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- Teltumbde, A. (2005). Anti-imperialism & annihilation of castes. Ramai Prakashan. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- Teltumbde, A. (1997). Ambedkar in and for the Post-Ambedkar Dalit Movement. Sugawa Prakashan. ISBN 9788186182291. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- Teltumbde, A. (2001). Globalisation and the Dalits. Sanket Prakashan. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- Teltumbde, A. (2003). Ambedkar on Muslims. Vikas Adhyayan Kendra. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- Teltumbde, A.; University of Pune. Department of Sociology (2007). Capitalism and the Caste Question. Department of Sociology, University of Pune. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- "Academic : Department of Sociology : University of Pune". unipune.ac.in. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- It’s Not Red Vs Blue – Column by Anand Teltumbde
- Review of Khailanji, The Hindu
- Teltumbde in Fourth Arvind Memorial Seminar on ‘The Caste Question and Marxism’, Chandigarh
- The Self-Obsessed Marxists and the Pseudo Ambedkarites" Anand Teltumbde explains his stand against the motivated canard against him.