This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bündchen at the Fashion Rio Verão in 2007
|Born||Gisele Caroline Bündchen
20 July 1980
Horizontina or Três de Maio, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
|Spouse(s)||Tom Brady (m. 2009)|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Agency||IMG Models (New York, London, Milan, Paris, Los Angeles)
Model Management (Hamburg) 
Gisele Caroline Bündchen (Portuguese pronunciation: [ʒiˈzɛli kaɾoˈlini ˈbĩtʃẽj], German pronunciation: [ɡiˈzɛlə kaʁoˈliːnə ˈbʏntçn̩]; born 20 July 1980) is a Brazilian supermodel. Since 2004, Bündchen has been among the highest-paid models in the world, and as of 2007 was the 16th richest woman in the entertainment industry; in 2012, she placed first on the Forbes top-earning models list. In 2014, she was listed as the 89th Most Powerful Woman in the World by Forbes.
In the late 1990s, Bündchen was the first in a wave of Brazilian models to find international success; in 1999, Vogue noted "The Return of the Sexy Model", and she was credited with ending the "heroin chic" era of modeling. Bündchen was one of the Victoria's Secret Angels from 2000 until mid-2007. Bündchen pioneered the "horse walk", a stomping movement created when a model picks her knees up high and kicks her feet out in front; in a 2007 Vogue interview, Claudia Schiffer stated that Bündchen is the only remaining supermodel.
Bündchen ventured into acting when she played a supporting role in Taxi (2004), for which she was nominated at the Teen Choice Awards for Choice Movie Breakout Performance, and for Choice Movie Bad Guy. Bündchen had a supporting role in The Devil Wears Prada (2006), and from 2010 to 2011, she was the executive producer of an educational environmental cartoon, Gisele & the Green Team.
Bündchen married New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady in 2009, she supports many charities including Save the Children, Red Cross and Doctors Without Borders, as well as dedicating time to environmental causes. She is the Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations Environment Programme.
- 1 Family and early life
- 2 Career
- 3 Reception
- 4 Public image
- 5 Criticism
- 6 Endorsements
- 7 Philanthropy
- 8 Personal life
- 9 Filmography
- 10 Discography
- 11 Awards and nominations
- 12 See also
- 13 References
- 14 External links
Family and early life
Bündchen is a sixth-generation Brazilian of German descent, born and raised in Horizontina or in Três de Maio, Rio Grande do Sul, Southern Brazil, to Vânia Nonnenmacher, a bank clerk pensioner, and Valdir Bündchen, a college professor and writer, both of German extraction. She grew up with five sisters—Raquel, Graziela, Gabriela, Rafaela and her fraternal twin, Patrícia, her junior by five minutes; in addition to Portuguese, Gisele speaks English, Italian, Spanish and some French.
In 1993, Bündchen joined a modeling course with her sisters Patrícia and Gabriela at their mother's insistence, the following year, Bündchen was discovered by the Elite modeling agency at a shopping mall in São Paulo while on a school excursion. She was subsequently selected for a national contest, Elite Look of the Year, in which she placed second. Bündchen placed fourth in the Elite Model Look world contest in Ibiza, Spain, at 14, Bündchen moved to São Paulo to launch her modeling career. In 1996, Bündchen had her first New York City break at Fashion Week.
1997–2000: Career beginnings
Bündchen traveled to London in 1997, where she auditioned for 42 shows, she got her big break when chosen for her ability to walk in towering heels on a slippery runway for Alexander McQueen's spring 1998 "rain" ready-to-wear show. Echoing similar accolades for Elle Macpherson a decade earlier, McQueen dubbed Bündchen "the Body", immediately boosting her bookings.[dead link] In 1998, she posed for Missoni, Chloé, Dolce & Gabbana, Valentino, Gianfranco Ferré, Ralph Lauren, and Versace campaigns. She made the cover of the French edition of Vogue, and fashion magazine i-D featured her on its cover, profiling "A Girl Called Gisele." The Vogue online encyclopedia of models states, "As the year 2000 approached, Gisele Bündchen was the world's hottest model, opening up a new category in the popular imagination: the Brazilian bombshell."
She appeared on the cover of Vogue in July, November and December 1999, she won the VH1/Vogue Model of the Year for 1999, and a January 2000 cover gave her three consecutive Vogue covers. In 2000, she became the fourth model to appear on the cover of the music magazine Rolling Stone when she was named "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World". Bündchen has appeared on the covers of many top fashion magazines, including W, Harper's Bazaar, Elle, Allure, as well as style and lifestyle publications such as The Face, Arena, Citizen K, Flair, GQ, Esquire, and Marie Claire, and in the Pirelli Calendar in 2001 and 2006. She has also been seen in TIME, Vanity Fair, Forbes, Newsweek, and Veja. Bündchen has appeared on more than 1,200 magazine covers throughout the world.[self-published source?] She simultaneously featured on the covers of both the US and British editions of Vogue in January 2000.
Take the case of 18-year-old Gisele Bundchen, a.k.a. Gisele, fashion’s new über- (not super-) model. Gisele is currently shooting five massive advertising campaigns, starring on the cover of W, and playing the muse to t/bersnappers Steven Meisel and Mario Testino; in short, Gisele is huge.— Sally Singer, New York Magazine editor (1999)
2000–2009: Modeling breakthrough and acting debut
Bündchen appeared on the book covers of Mario de Janeiro by Mario Testino and a Russell James retrospective. Also that year Time said she was "one of the few runway models whom straight men can name", for spring 2000 fashion week she opened Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Dolce & Gabbana, Christian Dior, and Valentino shows in New York, Milan and Paris. From 1998–2003, Bündchen was in every Dolce & Gabbana fashion campaign, totaling 11 consecutive campaigns with the brand. In 2006–2009, she returned as the face of the brand's fragrance, in a campaign titled "Dolce & Gabbana The One".
In 2000, Bündchen wore the most expensive Victoria's Secret Fantasy bra of all time, the "Red Hot Fantasy Bra", worth $15 million and listed in Guinness World Records as the most expensive lingerie ever created; in February 2001, her Got Milk? ad campaign debuted in the 2001 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
Photographed by Steven Meisel, she was presented on the September 2004 cover of American Vogue as one of the "Models of the Moment"; in 2004, Bündchen co-starred with Queen Latifah and Jimmy Fallon in the 2004 remake of Taxi. In 2005, she was chosen to wear the Victoria's Secret Fantasy Bra again, the Sexy Splendor Fantasy Bra, at the time, it was the second-most expensive bra ever made, valued at $12.5 million. In its December 2005 issue, New York magazine list Bundchen as No. 43 in its list of 123 reasons to love New York City.
In 2006, she played Serena, a minor character in The Devil Wears Prada. In February 2007, Bündchen returned to the Milan runway by opening the Dolce & Gabbana's show. She was chosen by Time magazine in 2007 as one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World; in September 2007, Bündchen was featured on the cover of Vanity Fair's style issue, photographed by Mario Testino. The issue was one of the bestsellers that year.
2009–2011: Continued success
On 26 August 2008, the New York Daily News listed Bündchen as the fourth-most-powerful person in the fashion world. On 12 May 2009, The Independent called her "the biggest star in fashion history". When she reappeared on the Vanity Fair cover in 2009, the issue was the lowest-selling for the magazine in nearly two years; in 2009 Harper's Bazaar rated her among the top 26 greatest models of all time. In December 2009 she appeared alongside her husband Tom Brady on the cover of book The World in Vogue—People, Parties, Places.
In 2010, she made Vogue's best-dressed-of-the-decade list for her 2008 and 2009 Met gala appearances, as well as for her bikini-clad, logo-tattooed appearance in a 2000 fashion editorial; in April 2010, she was photographed for the cover of American Vogue for the eleventh time. In September 2010, she led a group of top models for Vogue's Fashion's Night Out runway show at the Lincoln Center in New York, she then made a surprise appearance on Balenciaga's runway, closing the show.
She ranks first on models.com's the Money Girls list and second on The Sexiest Models list. In 2011 CEOWorld Magazine ranked her among their Top Accomplished Women Entertainers, she was ranked number 95 in FHM magazine's 100 Sexiest Women in the World 2011. In 2007, Bündchen was named "The World's Richest Supermodel", on 11 April 2008, a black-and-white photo of Bündchen shot by Irving Penn was auctioned for $193,000 (£96,000). The picture was one of dozens from the collection of Gert Elfering that were sold at Christie's International in New York. Bündchen's picture sold for the highest price.
As of 2010, Bündchen has appeared on two Vogue Shape issue covers, more than any other celebrity or model.She ranked No. 45 in the 2011 FHM Australia list of "100 Sexiest Women in the World". In 2011, Men's Health named her one of the "100 Hottest Women of All Time", ranking her at No. 25. In October 2011, Bündchen made a surprise runway appearance during Paris Fashion Week, closing the Givenchy spring-summer 2012 fashion show.
In 2011, she participated and represented Pantene in the Brazilian Rio Carnival 2011 parade; in 2011, she appeared on eight Vogue covers, more than any other model or celebrity that year. Her July Vogue Brasil 2011 cover shot in the Amazon was the magazine's highest-selling issue ever, selling 70,743 copies, the record was later broken by model Karolína Kurková, who appeared in the November 2011 issue, which sold 70,991 copies.
Since 2012: Modelling campaigns and music endeavours
In spring 2012 Bündchen won three major spring campaigns: Versace, Givenchy, and Salvatore Ferragamo; in early 2012, it was announced that she would be the face of Banco do Brasil's first global ad campaign, with the tagline "Bank of Brazil. From Brazil to the world, from the world to Brazil." In April 2012, Time listed her on their All-TIME 100 Fashion Icons list of the 100 most influential fashion icons since 1923; in August 2012, in honor of the 120th anniversary of Vogue, the magazine spotlighted the ten women who had most featured on the cover of the magazine, Bündchen being on the list with 11 covers total. As of 2011, there had been 29 persons to have appeared on the covers of Vogue Paris, Vogue Italia, American Vogue and British Vogue; Bündchen being one of them.
In 2012, she made 5,600 appearances in commercials in her native Brazil; in August 2012, it was reported that she had replaced Kate Moss as the face of David Yurman. She was shot by famous photographer Peter Lindbergh for the fall 2012 campaign, as of the end of 2012, she had appeared on 120 Vogue covers. She also holds the record for the most Brazilian Vogue covers of all time.
In February 2013, it was announced that she had become the face of Chanel's new make-up range, Les Beiges, a campaign which was shot by Mario Testino, this was her first time as a spokesperson of the brand. For the brand's spring/summer 2014 campaign, Marc Jacobs chose Bündchen along with Catherine Deneuve, Sofia Coppola, Fan Bingbing, Caroline de Maigret and Edie Campbell as his muses for his last collection for Louis Vuitton.In December 2013, Bündchen was announced as Pantene North America's newest ambassador.
In 2014, Bündchen and French music producer and DJ Bob Sinclar recorded a cover version of Blondie's 1979 classic "Heart of Glass" for H&M. She was credited by her mononym Gisele, the new version turned out to be an international hit charting in a great number of European singles charts including France, Germany, Spain, Austria and Belgium. The song was Bündchen's charity single for the H&M 2014 campaign. A year earlier, she released a cover version of the Kinks "All Day and All of the Night" as her contribution to H&M 2013 charity campaign.
In May 2014, Bündchen was chosen as the new spokeswoman for the iconic fragrance Chanel No. 5. She was chosen for her "natural beauty and modern femininity", according to the company. By June, Bündchen had appeared on 17 different international editions of Elle over the preceding three months, including the Brazilian, German, Italian, Canadian, Japanese and Chinese editions; in September 2014, the Baltimore-based company Under Armour signed Bündchen to a multiyear deal as the latest addition to its list of female endorsers. In October 2014, Bündchen stated that she practices Transcendental Meditation. By the end of 2014, Bündchen appeared in 6,013 television commercial spots in the course of one year in Brazil. More than any other Brazilian celebrity, even outranking Neymar who made 5,625 TV commercial spots.
Bündchen was featured in the 2015 Guinness World Record book as the model who earns the most money each year.
Bündchen's $700 Taschen book released in celebration of her 20th year career sold out in one day, before hitting shelves.
In 2015, Bündchen again was the Brazilian celeb who appeared on the most TV commercials in Brazil, with 8527 commercial spots for brands such as; (Carolina Herrera, Colcci, P & G and Sky).
As of 2015, in 20 years Bündchen has appeared in more than 550 ad campaigns, 2000 magazine covers, 3500 magazine editorials and 800 fashion shows.
In September 2000, Newsweek drew attention to a craze for modeling in Brazil because of Bündchen's success:
Capricho, a glossy teen magazine, recently asked 1,100 Brazilian teenagers if they wanted to become fashion models. Eighty-six percent said yes, the reason for this craze stands 1.77 meters tall and has smoldering blue eyes. Her name is Gisele Bundchen—known to all as Gisele—and she is the most celebrated Brazilian since Pele. First introduced by designer Alexander McQueen two years ago, Gisele, now 20, is the world's top cover girl, taking to more than 1,600 catwalks and earning a reported $7,000 an hour. When she struts her trademark runway walk—sassy and high-stepping, like a filly in tall grass—hearts beat faster from Milan to Manhattan, she has become an international icon: Vogue put the Brazilian bombshell on its cover three times last year and in December crowned her "Model of the Year."
Bündchen pioneered the "horse walk", a stomping movement created when a model picks her knees up high and kicks her feet out in front.
As of 2014, she is listed by Forbes as the 89th most powerful woman in the world.
Bündchen is the No. 2 biggest Brazilian celebrity of 2015 according to Forbes Brasil, based on media presence and overall influence in Brazil.
In 2000, Bündchen was dubbed the "Boobs from Brazil" for inspiring the 36,000 breast enhancement surgeries performed that year in Brazil; in 2006, Elle surveyed the American leading stylists and asked them to name the star whose hair was a favourite for their clients. More than 50 percent gave Bündchen the title of best hair in Hollywood; in February 2008, a survey by the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS) asked the question, "What influences do celebrities have on the decisions patients make"? The survey was sent to more than 20,000 plastic surgeons in 84 countries. Bündchen was among the most frequently mentioned celebrities. Bündchen won the abdomen and hair categories and placed second in the breasts category; in 2008, a black-and-white photo of Bündchen, shot by Irving Penn, auctioned for $193,000 (£96,000). Bündchen's fetched by far the most on the night.
She was second on Vanity Fair's World's Most Beautiful poll in 2009; in January 2011, Bündchen came in first in the most desired female body on the 14th Annual Famed Hottest Looks survey, compiled by Beverly Hills plastic surgeons Richard Fleming and Toby Mayer. Even after giving birth in December 2009, her body was the most requested by the doctors' patients. "Different body types are represented on the list because most women are shaped differently and want to look naturally beautiful," explained Dr. Fleming. "Some women want the lean look like Gisele [...]."
In 2011, AskMen.com revealed their annual "Most Desirable Women" list. Bündchen, along with Angelina Jolie and Beyoncé, are the only women to have made the list every year for 10 years in a row. Beyoncé in a 2011 Harper's Bazaar interview named Bündchen as one of her fashion inspirations stating that "I always admire Victoria Beckham and Gisele [Bündchen], their style is modern but always classic." A designer from the Tibi Spring/Summer 2012 fashion show at New York Fashion week in fall 2011 explained, "The inspiration is taken heavily from the '90s—a freshly scrubbed Gisele from the pages of Vogue—clean, crisp, sporty looks and relaxed styles you want to live in." Vogue editor Anna Wintour called her the "model of the millennium," and the magazine called her "The return of the sexy model". Rolling Stone declared her "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" in 2000 and Vanity Fair published an article titled "... And God Created Gisele" in 2009. In 2012, the 26th edition of Casa Cor in Brazil, one of the world´s biggest decorating, landscaping, and architecture events, paid tribute to Bündchen with a wood sculpture in her image.
In May 2014, Bündchen was ranked No. 89 on Forbes' 100 Most Powerful Women in the world list from the success of her various brands. She was the only model on the list.
In November 2014, Bündchen was ranked No. 5 by Forbes Brasil, as the 25 biggest celebrities in Brasil in 2014.
In November 2002, Bündchen was paid a reported £320,000 and given two black mink coats by American fur company Blackglama to head its new advertising campaign. Activists from PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), invaded the runway during the Victoria's Secrets show in New York and brandished placards saying "Gisele: fur scum", the Brazilian was one of the most prominent models to wear fur since it began to come back into acceptability in fashion circles. A PETA spokesperson said: "By getting into bed with the fur-pushers, Gisele has become PETA enemy number one, every time that Gisele or anyone else wears furs they are sentencing countless animals to a violent and cruel death."
In August 2010, she was criticized after saying that breastfeeding should be law, she told Harper's Bazaar UK, "Some people here [in the U.S.] think they don't have to breastfeed, and I think 'Are you going to give chemical food to your child when they are so little?'...I think there should be a worldwide law, in my opinion, that mothers should breastfeed their babies for six months." Bündchen later posted a statement on her blog saying, "My intention in making a comment about the importance of breastfeeding has nothing to do with the law, it comes from my passionate beliefs about children. Being a new mom has brought a lot of questions. I feel like I am in a constant search for answers on what might be the best for my child. It's unfortunate that in an interview sometimes things can seem so black and white."
In February 2011, she infuriated cancer experts when she said of sunscreen: "I cannot put this poison on my skin...I do not use anything synthetic." The statement was made as she launched her own organic skin care line Sejaa. Bündchen has made advertising for Nivea Sun in the past. Bündchen's publicist Amber Clapp added, telling StyleList: "Gisele would never say not to use sunscreen because she has had family members who have had skin cancer, she simply stated that her all-natural skin-care line does not have SPF because there is not an all natural SPF available....When using sunscreens, she selects ones that are free of parabens, oxybenzone, PABA and retinyl palmitate."
In April 2011, Ted Southern, former designer of Victoria's Secret Angels' wings, revealed that Gisele was difficult to work with; "She's really tough," he said. "She's always screaming, 'What the f--k is this?'"
In September 2011, a lingerie TV ad starring Bündchen in Brazil, was deemed "offensive and sexist" by the Brazilian government department for policies for women, which called for the ad to be banned, saying in a statement that the campaign "reinforce the wrong stereotypes of the woman as a husband's mere sex object and ignore the great advances we've achieved in deconstructing sexist thoughts and practices." The secretariat petitioned the National Council for Advertising Self-Regulation (known by its Portuguese acronym CONAR), to open an investigation into whether the campaign was sexist, and CONAR accepted the request. In the ads, titled "Hope teaches", the model gives her husband bad news such as "honey, I've crashed the car" or "honey, I've reached the credit card limit … both mine and yours" – first fully dressed (which they teach viewers is wrong), then wearing tiny lingerie (which, according to Hope, is right). Women were taught to use their charm and sexy lingerie to control their husbands in the ads.
In February 2012, after the Patriots lost in Super Bowl XLVI and Bündchen was heckled by several New York Giants fans, she was caught on video saying, "My husband cannot fucking throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time!" The comment, which was widely publicized both in the traditional media and the blogosphere, caused a media stir.
In November 2012, Bündchen was criticized by doctors and mothers after making a post in her website claiming that hospital birth is "violence against women and babies", the post was quickly removed from her website.
In January 2014, the model was criticized after being photographed in Costa Rica riding an ATV while carrying her 13-month-old daughter Vivian in one arm and without helmet, she was slammed for what many called "dangerous behavior". People were outraged that she would disregard the safety of her child by taking her on an ATV ride, this was the second time Bündchen was caught with her baby daughter on an ATV. On 13 March 2013, when Vivian was just 3 months old, she was photographed doing the same thing. Bündchen was not wearing a helmet in either incident, and it is illegal in Costa Rica to ride an ATV on public land without one.
After C&A Brazil hired Bündchen as a spokesmodel and began airing television commercials, sales increased by 30 per cent. In 2012 The Hollywood Reporter stated Bündchen became C&A's biggest booster in Brazil and even helped with European sales. In 2001, Bündchen launched Ipanema Gisele Bündchen, her own line of flip-flop sandals in association with the official Ipanema brand of flip-flops; in three years, sales topped $30 million, with a portion of proceeds going to green causes. Forbes put her 53rd on their 2007 list of the most powerful celebrities. Ipanema Gisele Bündchen made an estimated £152 million with over 250 million pairs sold in 2010. Bündchen told Vitals magazine in 2005 that she has been involved in business and investing in real estate since she was 18 years old, she has said modeling is only 40 per cent of what she does, the rest being contracting.
On 1 May 2007, it was announced that Bündchen had ended her contract with Victoria's Secret. According to a stock market analysis in 2007, when Bündchen terminated her agreement with Victoria's Secret, which is owned by Limited Brands, Limited was selling for $26.80 per share. Soon thereafter, the stock declined to $18.36 per share, a 31.5% drop.
American economist Fred Fuld developed a stock index to measure the profit performance improvement of companies represented by Bündchen compared with the Dow Jones Industrial Average. According to Fuld, the Gisele Bündchen Stock Index was up 15 per cent between May and July 2007, substantially surpassing the Dow Jones Industrial Average, which was up just 8.2%.
In 2010, Bündchen introduced her own skin care product line, named Sejaa Pure Skincare, which according to Forbes had been in talks with Shiseido for over a year on an acquisition deal. In early 2011, Procter & Gamble's Pantene shampoo sales increased 40 per cent in Latin America after Bündchen started representing the product. Edward Razek, chief marketing officer of Limited Brands, who worked with Bündchen during her Victoria's Secret career says, "She's an international icon who can also move product, from shampoo to couture."
The lingerie brand HOPE increased turnover by 40 percent after contracting Bündchen as its representative. According to Grazia daily UK in January 2012, her lingerie label "Gisele Bundchen Brazilian Intimates", has already proved to be a sell out in Latin America, Portugal, Japan, and Israel.
In February 2012, the website Vogue.it stated "the Brazilian model is the King Midas of fashion. Everything she touches turns to gold and companies that have invested in her have reaped the rewards." An Esprit public awareness campaign featuring Bündchen helped raise consumer awareness of the Esprit brand, with a 9 percent rise in Germany, and a 19 percent rise in China, she was ranked No. 61 on Forbes' Most Powerful Celebrities list in 2012.
In May 2012 she was ranked fourth on the World's Most Powerful Latino Celebrity list by Forbes.
In 2013 she ranked No. 5 on the most successful Brazilian Business Women list. The products that bear her name in Brazil include Grendene's Ipanema sandals, she has her own lingerie line called Gisele Bundchen Intimates. She still collects big fees to lend her image for the likes of Chanel, David Yurman and P&G.
The brand of products for teeth Oral B Brasil grew considerably since hiring Bündchen, she earns $4 million a year from her Procter & Gamble contract.
Bündchen's jelly sandals Ipanema by Gisele Bundchen sell as much as 25 million pairs annually and accounted for more than 60% of Grendene’s annual exports of about $250 million in 2013.
In February 2014, it was documented that the Gisele Bundchen stock index was still outperforming the Dow industrial average, up by 93%.
In May 2015, Brazilian magazine Istoe Gente reported that Bündchen's line of INtimates, Gisele Bundchen INtimates has been lucrative. "As of May 2015 especially in e-commerce, it was recorded to have an increase of 181% in one year. We went from 30,000 visitors per month to 100,000," says Vanda Dias, e-commerce manager for Hope, which manages the top brand.
In 2016, Bündchen signed with Braziian shoe company Arezzo. According to fashion website glamurama, Bündchen made shares of Arezzo go up on the São Paulo Stock Exchange.
In 2016, CEO of Under Armour Kevin Plank mentioned that the company's women's brand was the number one selling category with ecommerce, and that's growing more rapidly than either men's or the youth category. A large part of this growth was by using what Plank called "personalities" — namely star ballerina Misty Copeland and Bündchen.
Bündchen donated $150,000 to Brazil's Zero Hunger program, she designed a limited necklace edition for Harper's Bazaar, crafted by jewelers Gumuchian Fils. These necklaces were sold to raise money for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. She contributed an autographed iPod loaded with a personal playlist to be auctioned off, with all proceeds benefiting Music Rising, a campaign founded in 2005 to replace lost or destroyed instruments of musicians in the Gulf Coast Region after hurricane disasters.
In 2006, Bündchen became the face of American Express Red, part of the Product Red initiative. A portion of earnings from this credit card are donated to HIV/AIDS victims in Africa; in 2009, she appeared on 30 covers of the international issues of Elle wearing Product Red clothing and posing with products from companies who support the same cause.
She has helped raise money for cancer research and treatment, victims of Hurricane Katrina, and the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami for which she donated a check for $1 million to the earthquake fund created by the Japanese Red Cross Society sending $250,000 to the Pacific Tsunami Fund and Save the Children and another $250,000 to a Japanese Red Cross earthquake fund.
Bündchen opened The Luz Foundation in 2007, a grant-making organization advocating the empowerment of young girls, she donates a percentage of her earnings to help with their projects.
In 2008 Bündchen auctioned a collection of diamonds for charity, the collection featured a 6-carat diamond ring worth $120,000 – $150,000, and a 3.35-carat Sabbadini diamond ring worth $15,000 – $20,000. A percentage of the proceeds from the auction went to Russell Simmons' Diamond Empowerment Fund, whose mission is to raise money to support education initiatives in countries where diamonds are a natural resource.
Bündchen made a surprise visit to patients at Jimmy Fund Clinic at the Dana–Farber Cancer Institute in Boston; in 2011, Bündchen was added to The Giving Back Fund's list of celebs who made the largest donations to charity.
In June 2012, she helped launch a beauty contest in Brazil, Top Kufa Brazil, to find new faces in Brazilian favelas, this was the first national competition of beauty played exclusively by candidates between 18 and 22 years who live in underserved communities, created by the Central Union of Slums and Pantene, the brand which Bündchen is the face of.
Bündchen ranked No. 15 on Forbes's 30 most generous celebrities list in 2012.
On 26 December 2013, Bündchen surprised Karina Moreira, a local Boston teen at her home, who is battling bone cancer, before then, they had met once, two years ago at a Dana Farber event. Moreira and Bündchen talked about fashion and shared makeup tips.
As of April 2014, Bündchen is one of 22 designers to design a collection for the charity Born Free Africa, an exclusive collaboration from Shopbop, Vogue, and 22 designers. 100% of the profits from this women's and children's collection will go toward Born Free's mission to end mother-to-child HIV transmission at birth.
Bündchen dedicates part of her website to environmental issues, she launched a "green" blog in 2008 with the aim of "reflecting on socio-environmental issues that we can do something about". In May 2009, she co-hosted the Rainforest Alliance's annual gala to honor leaders in sustainability.
In 2007 she took part in eBay Giving Works, eBay's program dedicated to charity listings online auction for the WWF, with 100% of the proceeds going to the World Wildlife Fund's global conservation initiatives, especially those involved in the fight against climate change.
In 2008 she appeared on the cover of US magazine American Photo to promote her Forests of the Future project for the reforestation of the Brazilian Atlantic Forest, the initiative, which was set up with SOS Mata Atlantica in 2004, has planted over 1 million new trees in Bündchen's name to start reforestation of the Brazilian rainforests.
In May 2011 Bündchen was named Harvard's 2011 Global Environmental Citizen in recognition of her eco-efforts; in November 2011, she was awarded Greenest Celebrity at the 2011 International Green awards at the National History Museum of London. Each year the Green Awards honors a celebrity who has been the most creative and innovative in the approach of sustainability of the environment. An online public vote took place and Bündchen was the winner, beating Paul McCartney and Miguel Bose; in 2016, she joined the climate change documentary show Years of Living Dangerously as one of its celebrity correspondents.
In 2008 Bündchen and Brady dished out turkey and all the trimmings unannounced to over 400 job trainees in Roxbury Massachusetts for Goodwill Industries International.
On 20 September 2009, she was designated Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). In January 2012, Bündchen made her first official visit to Africa as UNEP Goodwill Ambassador. Bündchen chooses a different charity each year to which proceeds of sales from her sandals are donated, the 2011 donation went to ISA – the Socio-environmental Institute.
In January 2012, Bündchen visited Kenya on a goodwill mission to improve energy poverty, she spent a day with a family in a village in Kisumu County and helped them with tasks such as carrying firewood to their hut – while discussing the dangers of using firewood inside homes that do not have energy. She danced with the locals and visited various homes, as well as teaming up with UK NGO Practical Action during the course of her stay; in April 2012 she donated money for AIDS research. On the eve of World Environment Day 4 June 2012, Bündchen, who is Goodwill Ambassador of the UNEP (United Nations Environment Programme), went to Rio de Janeiro to plant the first of a series of 50,000 trees in a degraded area.
From 1998 to 1999, Bündchen dated American model, Scott Barnhill, from November 1999 to February 2000, she dated Brazilian businessman João Paulo Diniz. In 2000, she had a brief relationship with American actor Josh Hartnett, from 2000 to 2005, Bündchen was in a relationship with American actor Leonardo DiCaprio. In 2004, Bündchen and DiCaprio made People's annual Most Beautiful Couples List. Bündchen dated Brazilian businessman and polo player Rico Mansur for six months between 2002 and 2003, after Bündchen and DiCaprio broke up for the first time; in 2006, she dated American surfer Kelly Slater.
Bündchen began dating New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady in December 2006; in 2009, Brady revealed they had been set up on a blind date by a mutual friend. Bündchen and Brady married on 26 February 2009 in a small Catholic ceremony at St. Monica Catholic Church in Santa Monica, California; in April 2009, the couple held a second marriage ceremony, in Costa Rica. Bündchen and Brady have two children, a son born in 2009 and a daughter born in 2012; in 2010, Bündchen told Harper's Bazaar how important breastfeeding is for her. Bündchen and her family eat primarily a plant-based diet.
Bündchen and Brady's Los Angeles home uses solar energy, a gray water system, lighting systems that reduce energy consumption, a rainwater recovery system, and waste reduction and recycling programs, the house uses recovered stone, wood, insulation, household appliances with a green seal and other sustainable products, and 80% of the construction waste was reused or recycled.[self-published source?] Subsequently, the family bought a $14 million condominium at One Madison in Manhattan in October 2013, they are building another mansion near Boston.
In August 2011, Bündchen ranked 60th on the Forbes list of The World's 100 Most Powerful Women, she ranked third on The 20 Youngest Power Women of 2011 List at age 31. In 2011 Forbes named Bündchen and Brady as the World's Highest Paid Celebrity couple, beating Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie as well as Beyoncé and Jay-Z. In August 2012 she was one of four people in the fashion industry and the only model to be ranked on the Forbes list of "The World's Most Powerful Women" at No. 83. She ranked in the top 10 of the Forbes list of "Entertainment's Highest-Paid Women" in 2012, at No. 8.
In July 2007 Forbes named her the world's top-earning model. By 2008, she continued to dominate the Forbes list of the world's highest-earning models, and appeared on the magazine's list of the Top 20 Richest Women in Entertainment, during 2009–2010, she was the top earning supermodel.
In 2010, she retained the top spot as Forbes's highest-earning model; in May 2011, Forbes ranked her as the world's top-earning model for the fifth consecutive time. Her earnings climbed over the previous year, thanks to an economic boom in Brazil, coupled with a 10 per cent surge in the value of the Brazilian real against the dollar. Also in 2013 she ranked No. 3 on the 16 most successful female entrepreneurs list by Forbes.
|2004||Taxi||Vanessa||Nominated—Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Breakout Performance - Female
Nominated—Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Villain
|2006||The Devil Wears Prada||Serena|
|1996||MTV al Dente||Presenter||Season 3|
|2010–11||Gisele & the Green Team||Gisele||Voice (Portuguese version); also executive producer|
|2016||Years of Living Dangerously||Herself||Documentary|
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"All Day and All of the Night"||2013||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||39||Non-album singles|
|"Heart of Glass"
(with Bob Sinclar)
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart or were not released in that territory.|
|"All Day and All of the Night"||2013||Amir Chamdin|
|"Heart of Glass"||2014||N/A|
Awards and nominations
|2005||Teen Choice Awards||Taxi||Choice Movie: Female Breakout Star||Nominated|
|Choice Movie: Villain||Nominated|
|2006||Premios Juventud||Fashion and Image: Supermodel||Nominated|
|2007||Premios Juventud||Fashion and Image: Supermodel||Nominated|
- "In Childhood". Gisele Bundchen. Archived from the original on 6 July 2011. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- Per "Stats" pulldown at "Gisele". IMG Models. Retrieved 2 August 2017.
- "Gisele Bündchen: "Brazil Should Become World Champion"". Deutsche Welle. 27 May 2006. Archived from the original on 29 May 2006. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
Gisele Bündchen was born – together with her twin sister Patricia – on 20 July 1980 in Brazil
- Goldman, Lea; Blakeley, Kiri (18 January 2007). "The 20 Richest Women In Entertainment". Forbes. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- Solomon, Brian (14 June 2012). "The World's Highest Paid Models". Forbes.com. Retrieved 20 June 2012.
- Blakeley, Kiri (19 July 2007). "The World's Top-Earning Models". Forbes Magazine. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- O'Connell, Vanessa (20 March 2008). "How to Walk Like a Model". The Wall Street Journal. Dow Jones & Company, Inc. Retrieved 20 February 2011.
- ""Supermodels like we once were don't exist any more" - Claudia Schiffer gets nostalgic". Vogue.co.uk. 4 September 2007. Archived from the original on 11 June 2011. Retrieved 11 January 2013.
- Shanahan, Mark; Goldstein, Meredith (21 September 2009). "Bundchen the environmentalist". Boston Globe.
- "Gisele Bündchen: "Brazil Should Become World Champion"". Carlos Albuquerque. Retrieved 23 January 2008.
- ""Career", from her official site". Giselebundchen.com.br. Archived from the original on 13 March 2012. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- Bennetts, Leslie. "And God Created Gisele". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- ""Top 10 Celebrities with twins" at Metromix". Chicago.metromix.com. Archived from the original on 27 March 2010. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- "Gisele Bündchen profile". Fashionmodeldirectory.com. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- "Success Stories GISELE BÜNDCHEN" Elite Model Look
- Sullivan, Robert. "Profile". Vogue.com. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- "The Most Beautiful Girl". Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- ""Career", from her official site". Giselebundchen.com.br. Archived from the original on 6 July 2011. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- Sally Singer. Fashion Moment, Gisele Bündchen. New York Magazine Company. 1999, 43-45 p.
- "Mario de Janeiro". MarioTestino.com. Archived from the original on 15 April 2012. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- "Russell James Retrospective Book". Studiorusselljames.com. Archived from the original on 22 December 2012. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- "Gisele Bündchen". PEOPLE.com. Archived from the original on 10 July 2014. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- "Gisele Bundchen – Model Profile". Retrieved 1 September 2011.
- "Gisele Bündchen – Campaigns". Archived from the original on 19 August 2011.
- "Victoria's Secret Fantasy Bra Comes to London". Fashion.ie. 14 January 2013. Archived from the original on 3 September 2014. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "Ubermodel Gisele Hits the Beach Wearing a Towel and Milk Mustache; Latest Milk Mustache Ad to Debut in 2001 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue". Thefreelibrary.com. 13 February 2001. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- September 2004 American Vogue
- "Victoria's Secret Fantasy Bra Collection". Missosology. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "Reason to Love New York". New York Mag. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- "Gisele Bündchen: Charmed life of the mega-model". The Independent. London. 12 May 2009. Retrieved 3 May 2010.
How did the girl from Brazil become the biggest star in fashion history?
- "Gisele Bündchen". Skinnyvscurvy.com. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "Pictures of Famous Runway Models". Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "A twelve-step program for beauty junkies, and more". New York Magazine. 17 January 2000. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- "Rio Carnival pictures 2011; Gisele photos Celebrity Pictures". Marie Claire. Archived from the original on 4 January 2014. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- "The Money Girls are Here".
- "Accomplished Women Entertainers". CEOWORLD magazine. 18 May 2011. Archived from the original on 15 January 2016.
- 100 Sexiest Women in the World 2011 Archived 30 December 2011 at the Wayback Machine., FHM magazine
- "Gisele Bundchen Named World's Richest Model". People. Retrieved 1 September 2011.
- Beggy, Carol; Shanahan, Mark (12 April 2008). "Photo of Gisele brings big bucks". Boston Globe. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- ""Foto de Gisele nua é comprada em leilão por US$193 mile", (Portuguese) xclusivo.terra.com.br". Exclusivo.terra.com.br. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- "Shaping a Decade: Ten Years of Vogue Shape Issue". Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "FHM's 100 Sexiest Women in the World 2011". Archived from the original on 13 May 2011. Retrieved 1 September 2011.
- "The 100 Hottest Women of All-Time". Men's Health. 2011. Retrieved 3 January 2012.
- "Gisele Bündchen Closes Out Givenchy's All-Star Show – The Cut". Nymag.com. 27 December 2012. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- "This Year in Vogue: An Analysis of all the Covers from 2011 – Fashionista: Fashion Industry News, Designers, Runway Shows, Style Advice". Fashionista.com. 8 December 2011. Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- "A Vogue brasileira mais vendida de todos os tempos" 10 February 2012, Brazil Vogue (in Portuguese) Archived 18 July 2012 at Archive.is
- "The Year of Gisele and Lisbeth?" 22 December 2011, Elle Archived 4 May 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- "From Brazil to the World" Archived 1 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine. News, 27 February 2012, Gisele web site
- Katy Steinmetz (2 April 2012). "All-TIME 100 Fashion Icons – Gisele Bündchen". Time. Retrieved 2 April 2012.
- "Fashion's Familiar Faces: The Women Who Have Most Often Graced the Cover of Vogue". Vogue. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- "Gisele Bündchen recusa convite do COB de participar do encerramento da Olimpíadas de Londres - Famosos - Extra Online" (in Portuguese). Extra.globo.com. 8 February 2011. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- "Camila Pitanga supera Gianecchini e Neymar em campanhas publicitárias | Quem - Notícias em QUEM News". Revistaquem.globo.com. 27 December 2012. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- Adams, Rebecca (26 August 2012). "Kate Moss Reportedly Replaced By Gisele Bundchen As The Face Of David Yurman". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 4 February 2013.
- "the Fashion Spot - View Single Post - Models and the number of their Vogue covers". Forums.thefashionspot.com. 23 June 2011. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- "GISELE BUNDCHEN LANDS FIRST CHANEL CAMPAIGN WITH "LES BEIGES" COLLECTION". FashionGoneRogue. 4 February 2013. Retrieved 4 February 2013.
- "Louis Vuitton Campaign a Tribute to Marc Jacobs' Muses". 19 December 2013.
- "Gisele Bündchen Sizzles as Pantene’s Newest Ambassador".
- "Gisele, regina dance per Bob Sinclar: canta in bikini animalier" (in Italian). Repubblica TV. 22 April 2014. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- Bergin, Olivia (3 September 2013). "Gisele Bundchen to release charity single for H&M campaign". The Telegraph. London. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- "Baz Luhrmann and Gisele Bündchen Take Five".
- Olivia Lidbury (24 June 2014). "Gis-Elle Bundchen's 17 cover marathon". telegraph.co.uk. Archived from the original on 27 June 2014. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- Matt Townsend (2 September 2014). "Under Armour Signs Model Gisele in Push to Entice Women". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- "Espie o que os famosos fazem quando o assunto é beleza e bem-estar". Yahoo! Brasil. 8 October 2014. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
Gisele Bündchen disse o que faz para manter a boa forma: meditação. 'Normalmente, faço a Meditação Transcedental, que é mais fácil de encaixar numa rotina agitada. É uma técnica simples, praticada duas vezes ao dia, durante 20 minutos.'[permanent dead link]
- "Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bündchen practices TM". TMhome.com. 10 October 2014. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
In her interview with the Brazilian edition of Glamour magazine (August 2014) ... 'I practice Transcendental Meditation twice a day. Every morning and lunchtime or evening, for about 20 minutes.'
- "G1 - Gisele Bündchen desbanca Neymar em ranking de aparição em comercial". Midia e Marketing. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- "Gisele no Guiness [sic] Book como modelo mais bem paga do mundo".
- "Gisele's $700 Book Sells Out".
- "Gisele Bündchen lidera ranking de famosos em comerciais de TV".
- "Runways - Gisele Bündchen".
- "Gisele Bundchen At Rio Olympics: Her Appearance At The Opening Ceremony".
- Heldman, Breanne L. "Gisele Bündchen dazzles at the Olympics Opening Ceremony in Rio". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 5 August 2016.
- "Gisele Bündchen to Walk the 2016 Olympics Opening Ceremony". 18 July 2016.
- "This Year's Model". Newsweek. 25 September 2000. Retrieved 1 November 2014.
- "The World's 100 Most Powerful Women". Forbes. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "This Year's Model".
- "Celebrity Central / Top 25 Celebs". People
- "Gisele Bundchen – Gisele Tops Elle Hair Poll". Contactmusic.com. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- "Celebrity Influences on Plastic Surgery" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 12 June 2009. Retrieved 22 June 2009.
- "Gisele Bundchen". Vogue.co.uk. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- "Angelina Jolie Is the Most Beautiful Woman in the World". Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "EXCLUSIVE: 14th Annual America's Most Wanted Celebrity Body Parts". Fox News. 6 January 2011.
- "Who's the Most Desirable Actress in Hollywood?". Imnotobsessed.com. 19 September 2011. Archived from the original on 26 January 2013. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- Lipsky, Elisa (11 October 2011). "Beyonce Pregnant Interview - Beyonce Talks About Having a Baby". Harpersbazaar.com. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- "Gisele Bündchen Closes Out Givenchy's All-Star Show" 3 October 2011, New York Fashion.
- "Gisele Bündchen - Site Oficial". Giselebundchen.com. Archived from the original on 28 June 2013. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "The Hottest Women of 2013 | Men's Health". Menshealth.com. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- "GQ's 100 Hottest Women of the 21st Century: Photos". GQ. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "FORBES Brasil traz as 100 celebridades mais influentes do país em 2013". Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- "The World's Most Powerful Women 2014 - Forbes".
- "25 maiores celebridades do Brasil em 2014 - Forbes Brasil". Archived from the original on 4 December 2014.
- "Gisele Bündchen Bedazzles Her Patriots Jersey—Plus, Her Post-Victory Plaid Shirt Is Sold Out!".
- "Stuart Weitzman's Susan Duffy, The Image Innovator - Daily Front Row".
- "RANKING: 25 maiores celebridades do Brasil em 2015 - Forbes Brasil".
- "Gisele left exposed on catwalk by fur protest". The Sunday Telegraph. 16 November 2002. Retrieved 13 January 2016.
- "Gisele Bundchen forced to apologise over breastfeeding comments". The Sunday Telegraph. 4 August 2010. Retrieved 13 January 2016.
- "If Only All Moms Could Breastfeed Like Gisele".
- "Gisele: Sunscreen Is 'Poison'". Huffington Post. 4 February 2011. Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- "It's poison: Gisele Bundchen angers cancer experts by saying people shouldn't wear sun lotion". Daily Mail. 4 February 2011. Retrieved 13 January 2016.
- "Gisele Bundchen's Nivea Sun commercial". The Daily Telegraph. 3 February 2011. Retrieved 13 January 2016.
- "Gisele Clarifies Sunscreen Comments".
- "Gisele Bündchen is no 'angel'". Telegraph. 7 April 2011. Retrieved 16 November 2016.
- "Gisele's Sexist TV Ad? Brazilian Government Targets Spot". TIME. 12 October 2011. Retrieved 16 November 2016.
- "Gisele's sexist lingerie ads are no laughing matter in Brazil". Telegraph. 30 September 2011. Retrieved 16 November 2016.
- "Video of Super Bowl XLVI comment". New York Post. 5 February 2012. Retrieved 10 February 2012.
- "Super Bowl XLVI comment". Daily News. New York. 7 February 2012. Retrieved 10 February 2012.
- "Gisele Bundchen Curses Tom Brady's Super Bowl Loss". Abcnews.go.com. 6 February 2012. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Gisele Bundchen slams Patriots receivers?" Daily News (New York). 6 February 2012. Retrieved 8 March 2012.
- Klopman, Michael (6 February 2012). "Tom Brady's Wife, Gisele Bundchen, Curses After Patriots Fall To Giants In Super Bowl (VIDEO, PHOTOS)". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- Evans, Thayer. "GISELE BUNDCHEN – The Fifth Down Blog". Fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- Guy Trebay (17 February 2012). "Tinseltown in New York". The New York Times. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "Post on Gisele's website calling hospital births 'violence' against women and babies sparks criticism". Fox News. 27 November 2012. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- "Dr. Manny: Gisele’s website calling hospital births ‘violent’ is a slap in the face". Fox News. 27 November 2012. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- "Home Birth Fanatic Gisele Bundchen Ignites War on Hospital Births". Cafe Mom. 27 November 2012. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- "No, Gisele, natural childbirth promotes violence". The Skeptical OB. 27 November 2012. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- "Gisele Bundchen Takes Baby on Four-Wheeler with No Helmets". Boston Magazine. 14 January 2014. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- "Gisele Photographed Riding Quad Bike With One Hand While Carrying Baby Vivian". Huffington Post. 14 August 2014.
- "Gisele Bundchen Rides ATV in Bikini With Baby Vivian Without Helmet". Us Weekly. 14 January 2014. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- "Gisele Wears Tiny String Bikini With Daughter Vivian Lake in Baby Carrier, Rides ATV With Baby on Board". US Weekly. 19 March 2013. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- "Gisele Bundchen accused of mocking Islam with burqa disguise in France". Washington Times. 30 July 2015. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- "Gisele Bundchen in burka backlash as model 'wears disguise to visit plastic surgeon'". Mirror Online. 2 August 2015. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- "Inflategate: Gisele Bündchen hides 'boob job' by wearing a burqa". news.com.au. 3 August 2015. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- "Forbes Celebrity Top 100 2002". Forbes. Archived from the original on 30 June 2004. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- Snead, Elizabeth (21 August 2012). "Cindy Crawford Launches First Clothing Line With German Retailer C&A (Video)". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- "Ipanema Gisele Bündchen". Ipanema. Ipanema. Archived from the original on 26 April 2013. Retrieved 12 April 2013.
- "#53 Gisele Bundchen". Forbes. 14 June 2007. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- Alexander, Ella (2 June 2011). "Gisele The Billionaire". Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- "» Gisele Bundchen Fansite – Pictures, Biography, & News [IMC]". Imcmagazine.com. Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- Triggs, Charlotte (1 May 2007). "Gisele Bündchen, Victoria's Secret Part Ways". People. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- "Stockerblog - The Stock Market Blog: Gisele Bundchen Stock Index Update". Stockerblog.blogspot.com. 21 December 2007. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- Índice Gisele Bündchen. Expo Money (15 September 2011). Retrieved 28 October 2011.
- Revista RI mostra relação entre Gisele Bündchen e ações. Revistapublicidad.com. Retrieved 28 October 2011.
- Our Founder Sejaa web site
- "Gisele Bundchen". Forbes. 18 April 2012. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- Blankfeld, Keren; Bertoni, Steven (5 May 2011). "The World's Top-Earning Models". Forbes.
- and Steven Bertoni, Keren Blankfeld (5 May 2011). "The World's Top-Earning Models". Forbes. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- "Procter & Gamble's CEO Discusses Q3 2011 Results – Earnings Call Transcript". Seeking Alpha. 28 April 2011. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- "Marca de lingerie de Gisele duplica procura por franquias Hope" 20 July 2011, Brasil em Folhas (in Portuguese).
- "Gisele Set To Become First Billionaire Model | Grazia Fashion". Graziadaily.co.uk. 25 January 2012. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- vogue.it (22 November 2011). "Gisele the Millionaire". Vogue.it. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- 'Gisele Bundchen For The Esprit Spring Summer 2012 Collection" 15 March 2012, Svesty Fashion
- "J.Lo's Stunning Career Reincarnation Puts Her No. 1 On The Celebrity 100" 16 May 2012, Forbes.
- Anderson Antunes (18 April 2012). "The Worlds Most Powerful Latino Celebrities". Forbes.com. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- Antunes, Anderson. "The 10 Most Powerful Businesswomen In Brazil". Forbes. Retrieved 5 June 2013.
- "Mais um contrato mundial para Gisele Bündchen engordar o cofrinho…".
- Antunes, Anderson. "Brazils newest billionaire has Giselle to thank as he joins Forbes list of the worlds richest". Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- "Gisele Bündchen Stock Index Up 93%". 13 February 2014.
- "Olha ela aí..." (in Portuguese). 15 May 2015.
- "Gisele faz ações da Arezzo subirem na Bolsa de Valores de São Paulo".
- "Under Armour is using Gisele for an aggressive expansion plan — and it should terrify Lululemon".
- "Page 1 of 1 for Gisele Bundchen Charity News". Looktothestars.org. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- "China Daily – Lifestyle". China Daily. 1 September 2006. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- "Gisele Bündchen To Be Latest Promoter Of (Product) Red Clothing & Products". Fashion.exposay.com. 12 May 2011. Archived from the original on 3 September 2014. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- "Elle Magazine Features Gisele for (RED)". Joinred.com. 22 July 2009. Archived from the original on 28 February 2009. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- Morgan, John (16 December 2003). "Gisele Bundchen gives her heart to St. Jude's children". USA Today. Retrieved 3 May 2010.
- "Charity IPod". Contactmusic.com. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- Shanahan, M (18 March 2011). "Gisele Bundchen supports earthquake relief; Brady sells New York pad". Boston Globe.
- ":: Liat Anan :: Graphic Design ::". Renunciadesign.com. Archived from the original on 25 February 2012. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- "Gisele Bundchen Auctions Diamonds For Empowerment Fund". Looktothestars.org. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- Meredith Goldstein, Mark Shanahan (15 January 2010). "Gisele gives $1.5m to Haiti relief effort". The Boston Globe. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- "Supermodel makes surprise visit to cancer patients". .whdh.com. Archived from the original on 30 June 2013. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- 2011 Giving Back 30 Released in Parade Magazine & Parade.com Archived 15 February 2012 at the Wayback Machine. Giving Back.org
- "Gisele Bündchen descobrirá new faces nas favelas brasileiras – Bruno Astuto – Época". Colunas.revistaepoca.globo.com. 29 May 2012. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- Antunes, Anderson. "The 30 Most Generous Celebrities". Forbes.
- "Supermodel Gisele Bundchen Surprises Teenage Cancer Patient".
- "shopbop.com". Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- Gisele Bündchen. Super Model. Global Ambassador. unep.org
- "Gisele Bündchen ajuda a reflorestar a Mata Atlântica". Odebate.com.br. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- "Celebrity Auctions Tackle The Big Issues". Looktothestars.org. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- "Gisele Bundchen Goes Au Naturel For Rainforests". Looktothestars.org. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- Zalopany, Chelsea. "Eco Fashion – Voguepedia". Vogue.com. Archived from the original on 23 December 2012. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- Angie Tarantino. "Super model Gisele Bundchen wins greenest celebrity award". Theenvironmentalblog.org. Archived from the original on 12 May 2014. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- "Gisele will appear on National Geographic’s ‘Years of Living Dangerously’". boston.com. Retrieved 17 June 2016.
- "Gisele Bundchen Spreads Thanksgiving Goodwill". Looktothestars.org. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- "Supermodel Gisele Bundchen becomes UN Environmental Ambassador". Unep.org. 22 May 2007. Archived from the original on 10 October 2014. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- UNEP Goodwill Ambassador Gisele Bundchen Backs 'Small is Beautiful' Energy Solutions on First Mission to Africa 13 January 2012, UNEP
- "Ipanema Flip Flop". Ipanemaflipflops.co.uk. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- "Gisele Bundchen's Goodwill Visit to Kenya". Celebrity-gossip.net. 23 January 2012. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- "Gisele Bündchen visits Practical Action's energy access projects in Kenya". Practicalaction.org. Retrieved 24 December 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Gisele desfilará de lingerie em São Paulo – Bruno Astuto – Época". Colunas.revistaepoca.globo.com. 27 April 2012. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "Gisele Bündchen planta árvore no Rio de Janeiro". veja.abril.com.br. 4 June 2012. Retrieved 7 June 2012.
- "Gisele Bündchen Joins Rainforest Alliance Board of Directors". Archived from the original on 4 January 2014.
- "Matheus Mazzafera abre o "baú" e encontra foto de Gisele Bündchen com ex, o modelo Scott Barnhill" (in Portuguese). ofuxico.com.br. 24 May 2010. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- "'Marriage? I've so much to do first'". telegraph.co.uk. 7 September 2001. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- "Gisele Bündchen e Joao Paulo Diniz estariam namorando" (in Portuguese). dgabc.com.br. 23 February 2000. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- "Gisele Bündchen estaria saindo com ator americano" (in Portuguese). dgabc.com.br. 27 March 2000. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- Gisele Bündchen. "Celebrity Central: Gisele Bundchen biography". People. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- "Most Beautiful Couples". People.com. 21 April 2005. Retrieved 11 January 2013.
- "ISTOÉ Gente - O eleito da Top" (in Portuguese). terra.com.br. 25 November 2002. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- "Kelly Slater fala sobre a época em que namorou com Gisele" (in Portuguese). Glamurama. 21 April 2005. Retrieved 11 January 2013.
- "Tom Brady & Gisele Bundchen: New Couple?". People. Archived from the original on 6 September 2015. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Patriots Quarterback Tom Brady on Football, Fatherhood, and Gisele Bündchen". Archived from the original on 2 October 2013. Retrieved 27 April 2013.
- Finn, Natalie (27 March 2009). "It's True. Tom Brady, Gisele Bündchen Secretly Wed". E!. Archived from the original on 2 April 2011. Retrieved 12 September 2010.
- Martin, Annie (27 February 2015). "Gisele Bundchen shares wedding photo with Tom Brady: The model and NFL star married in two separate ceremonies in 2009". UPI. Archived from the original on 10 March 2015. Retrieved 8 September 2015.
- "Gisele Bündchen and Tom Brady Name Son Benjamin". People. 18 December 2009. Archived from the original on 10 March 2010. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- "Gisele Bündchen Talks to Vogue's Joan Juliet Buck on Having a Baby, Tom Brady and Sejaa". Vogue. Archived from the original on 7 December 2012. Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- Leon, Anya; Triggs, Charlotte (7 December 2012). "Gisele Bündchen and Tom Brady Welcome Daughter Vivian Lake". People. Archived from the original on 5 September 2015. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Supermodel Gisele Bündchen: breastfeeding should be made law". The Daily Telegraph. London. 2 August 2010. Retrieved 20 January 2010.
- "First look: Brady-Bundchen Brookline mega-mansion". WCVB. 29 March 2015. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- "Green Retrospective". Archived from the original on 20 August 2012. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- "Gisele Bundchen - Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady buy $14M NYC apartment". Contactmusic.com. 25 October 2013. Retrieved 27 October 2013.
- "Gisele Bündchen". 2016. Retrieved 16 February 2017.
- "Profile". Forbes.com. 18 April 2012. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- Jenna Goudreau (18 April 2012). "The 20 Youngest Power Women of 2011". Forbes.com. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- Antunes, Anderson. "The World's Highest-Paid Celebrity Couples". Forbes.com LLC. Retrieved 13 December 2011.
- Dorothy Pomerantz (18 April 2012). "Oprah Tops Our List Of Entertainment's Highest-Paid Women, But Her Reign May Soon End". Forbes. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- Blakeley, Kiri (16 July 2007). "The World's Top-Earning Models". Forbes. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- Bertoni, Steven (13 May 2010). ""Gisele is again highest paid model in the world". MSN report, January 2010". MSNBC. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- Casserly, Meghan. "The World's Most Powerful Female Entrepreneurs". Forbes. Retrieved 5 June 2013.
- Blasberg, Derek (7 November 2013). "Gisele Bündchen's Model Life". The Wall Street Journal.
- "Gisele - Austrian charts". Ö3 Austria Top 40. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "Gisele Ultratop Discografie". Ultratop.be/nl/. Retrieved 25 February 2012.
- "Gisele & Bob Sinclar discography". swedishcharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "Gisele – Chartverfolgung – Single" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH. Retrieved 24 April 2011.
- "Single (track) Top 20 lista - 2014. 27. hét2014. 06. 30. - 2014. 07. 06." (in German). Association of Hungarian Record Companies. Retrieved 24 April 2011.
- "Top w dyskotekach - 07 lipca - 13 lipca 2014 r.". OLiS. 30 May 2011. Archived from the original on 8 August 2014. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- "Gisele & Bob Sinclar discography". swedishcharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "October 5, 2013: Dance Club Songs". Billboard. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- "All Day and All of the Night - Single by Gisele Bündchen". London: iTunes. 10 April 2014. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "Heart of Glass (Radio Edit) - Single by Gisele & Bob Sinclar". London: iTunes. 10 April 2014. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "H&M FALL FASHION - Gisele Bündchen - "All Day and All of the Night"". Chamdinstohr. 13 May 2010. Archived from the original on 30 July 2014. Retrieved 13 May 2010.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Gisele Bündchen|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to:|