HaMerotz LaMillion 2
|המירוץ למיליון |
|Season run||October 25, 2011 – February 11, 2012|
March 30 – April 26, 2011|
January 11, 2012
|No. of episodes||27 (30 including recaps)|
|Winning team||Bar Ben-Vakil & Inna Broder|
|No. of legs||13|
HaMerotz LaMillion (Hebrew: המירוץ למיליון, Race to the Million) is an Israeli reality television game show based on the American series, The Amazing Race. The show's second season featured 11 teams of two (in pre-existing relationships) in a race around the world to win ₪1,000,000.
On February 11, 2011 Ron Shahar was announced as the show's new host, replacing Raz Meirman. Its second season premiered on October 25, 2011 and ended on February 11, 2012. The second-season finale was filmed on January 11, 2012 in Singapore. Painter and saleswoman Bar Ben-Vakil and Inna Broder were winners of the race.
- 1 Production
- 2 Results
- 3 Episode titles
- 4 Prizes
- 5 Race summary
- 5.1 Leg 1 (Israel → Hungary)
- 5.2 Leg 2 (Hungary)
- 5.3 Leg 3 (Hungary → Bosnia and Herzegovina → Croatia)
- 5.4 Leg 4 (Croatia → Poland)
- 5.5 Leg 5 (Poland → Czech Republic)
- 5.6 Leg 6 (Czech Republic → China)
- 5.7 Leg 7 (China)
- 5.8 Leg 8 (China → Thailand)
- 5.9 Leg 9 (Thailand)
- 5.10 Leg 10 (Thailand → Sri Lanka)
- 5.11 Leg 11 (Sri Lanka)
- 5.12 Leg 12 (Sri Lanka → Singapore)
- 5.13 Leg 13 (Singapore)
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Development and filming
Channel 2 greenlit the second season on September 20, 2010. Most filming was done in a 28-day period from March 30 to April 26, 2011, with the last leg taped on January 11, 2012. The second season spanned nine countries. Eight were previously unvisited, including Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Thailand. China had been previously visited.
The host recorded blogs during filming, which could be viewed on the show's website.
The following teams, with their relationships at the time of filming, participated in the race. This table is not reflective of all content broadcast on television, due to the inclusion (or exclusion) of data. Listed by finishing order:
|Team||Relationship||Position (by leg)||Roadblocks|
|בר ואינה||Bar & Inna||Painter and Saleswoman||8th⊃||8th⊃||6th−||6th⊃||1st||3rd⊂||4th||5th<||5th⊂||1stƒ7||3rd||1st||1st||Bar 4, Inna 5|
|אלון ואורן||Alon & Oren||Brothers||3rd⊃||1st⊃||2nd<||2nd⊃||2nd||2nd||1st⊂||1st−||3rd||2nd||2nd||3rd||2nd||Alon 6, Oren 4|
|עקיבא וענהאל||Akiva & Anaelle||Married Orthodox Jews||1st||5th||3rd||5th||5th||1st⊃||2nd⊃||2nd>||2nd⊃||3rd8||1st||2nd||3rd||Anaelle 5, Akiva 5|
|טום ואדל||Tom & Adele||Footballer and Girlfriend9||5th⊃||3rd⊃||5th>||7th⊂||6th||4th⊃||3rd⊃||4th>||1st⊃||4th||4th||4th||Tom 6, Adele 4|
|אסנת וכרמית||Osnat & Carmit||Friends from Kiryat Ekron||6th||4th−3||7th||4th⊃||3rdƒ5||6th⊃||5th6||3rd>||4th⊃−||5th||Osnat 5, Carmit 5|
|פונדק ומוטי||Pundak & Moti||DJ & Security Company CEO||2nd⊃||2nd⊃||1st||3rd||4th||5th⊃−||6th⊃||Pundak 3, Moti 4|
|אלון וחן||Alon & Hen||Newlyweds||4th⊂||6th⊂||4th>||1st||7th−||Alon 3, Hen 2|
|פיראס ושירה||Firass & Shira||Muslim & Jewish Girlfriend||7th||7th||8th>4||Firass 2, Shira 14|
|ניצן ופיפי||Nitzan & Fifi||Bakers||9th||9th||Nitzan 2, Fifi 0|
|טל ומור||Tal & Mor||Mother and Daughter||10th2||Tal 12, Mor 0|
|גדי ואלונה||Gadi & Alona||Friends||11th1||Gadi 0, Alona 0|
- A red placement means the team was eliminated.
- A green ƒ indicates that the team won a Fast Forward.
- An underlined leg number indicates that there was no mandatory rest period at the Pit Stop; all teams were ordered to continue racing. An underlined team placement indicates that the team came in last on a "continue racing" leg was not eliminated.
- A blue placement indicates that the team was the last to arrive at a Pit Stop in a non-elimination leg of the race.
- An underlined blue placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg and had to perform a Speed Bump during the next leg of the race.
- An italicized blue placement indicates that the team was Marked for Elimination; if they did not place first in the next leg, they would receive a one-hour (end of leg 6) or 30-minute (end of leg 9) penalty.
- An orange + indicates that there was a Double-Battle on this leg of the race; an orange − indicates the team that lost the Double-Battle and received a 15-minute penalty.
- A brown ⊂ indicates the team received a U-Turn; a brown ⊃ indicates that the team voted for the recipient. A brown ⊂⊃ around a leg number indicates a leg where a U-Turn was available but not used.
- A yellow < indicates a team who received a Yield, and a yellow > indicates that a team voted for the recipient.
- ^ Gadi & Alona were the last team to arrive at Ben Gurion International Airport and were eliminated as per the provisions of Leg 1's rules (see below).
- ^ Tal & Mor initially arrived 8th, but were issued a 1-hour penalty as Tal was unable to complete the Roadblock. The last two teams trailing them (Bar & Inna and Nitzan & Fifi) checked in during that period, dropping Tal & Mor to last place and resulting in their elimination.
- ^ Osnat & Carmit were issued a 1-hour penalty for unable to complete the ice-hockey task.
- ^ Firass & Shira received a 1-hour penalty for not completing the Roadblock due to Shira's low blood pressure.
- ^ Osnat & Carmit were forced to forfeit the Double-Battle due to Ornat's injury.
- ^ Osnat & Carmit initially arrived 5th, but were issued a 1-hour penalty for being "marked for elimination" and not arriving 1st. This did not affect their placement.
- ^ Because Bar & Inna finished 1st, their 30-minute "marked for elimination" penalty was nullified.
- ^ Akiva & Anaelle refused to take part in the Buddhist blessing ceremony. As such, they had to wait for the next team (Bar & Inna) to receive their blessing before they would receive their next clue.
- ^ In the middle of the season, Tom & Adele were no longer dating. Despite the breakup, their on-screen caption remained the same.
For the first time in Amazing Race history, teams could vote for a U-Turn or Yield. The team with the most votes received the U-Turn (or Yield) penalty, depending on the leg.
|U-Turned/Yielded:||Alon & Hen
|Alon & Hen
|Alon & Oren
|Tom & Adele
|Bar & Inna
|Alon & Oren
|Bar & Inna
|Bar & Inna
|Bar & Inna||Alon & Hen||Alon & Hen||Tom & Adele||Tom & Adele||Tom & Adele||Osnat & Carmit||Akiva & Anaelle||Akiva & Anaelle||Unknown|
|Alon & Oren||Alon & Hen||Alon & Hen||Alon & Hen||Tom & Adele||Tom & Adele||Tom & Adele||Akiva & Anaelle||Akiva & Anaelle||Unknown|
|Akiva & Anaelle||Tal & Mor||Nitzan & Fifi||Bar & Inna||Alon & Oren||Bar & Inna||Alon & Oren||Bar & Inna||Bar & Inna||Unknown|
|Tom & Adele||Alon & Hen||Alon & Hen||Alon & Oren||Bar & Inna||Bar & Inna||Alon & Oren||Bar & Inna||Bar & Inna||Unknown|
|Osnat & Carmit||Firass & Shira||Tom & Adele||Bar & Inna||Tom & Adele||Bar & Inna||Pundak & Moti||Bar & Inna||Bar & Inna||Unknown|
|Pundak & Moti||Alon & Hen||Alon & Hen||Alon & Hen||Alon & Hen||Bar & Inna||Alon & Oren|
|Alon & Hen||Pundak & Moti||Pundak & Moti||Alon & Oren||Alon & Oren|
|Firass & Shira||Nitzan & Fifi||Osnat & Carmit||Alon & Oren|
|Nitzan & Fifi||Firass & Shira||Firass & Shira|
|Tal & Mor||Pundak & Moti|
|Gadi & Alona|
Translated from Hebrew from the official website:
- Amazing Race Premiere (Leg 1)
- Something Fire! (!משהו אש) (Leg 1)
- The Complete Chapter (הפרק המלא) (Leg 1)
- The Complete Chapter (הפרק המלא) (Leg 2)
- Breaking the Ice (שוברים את הקרח) (Leg 2)
- Does is it All End In Peace? (?האם הכל יגמר בשלום) (Leg 3)
- For the Best? (?מעז יצא מתוק) (Leg 3)
- Tom and Adele Being Left Behind (טום ואדל נשארים מאחור) (Leg 4)
- The Opportunity of a Lifetime (הזדמנות של פעם בחיים) (Leg 4)
- The Baptism of Fire! (!טבילת אש) (Leg 5)
- Deal Breaker (משחק מסוכן) (Leg 5)
- Racing Legend! (!מירוץ מהאגדות) (Leg 5)
- It's All Magic (זה כל הקסם) (Recap)
- The Chinese Language is Difficult (סינית שפה קשה) (Leg 6)
- Sweet Pain? (?כאב מתוק) (Leg 6)
- The Shawshank Redemption (חומות של תקווה) (Leg 7)
- No Limits! (!חסרי מעצורים) (Leg 7)
- Who Will Enter the Final Quintet? (?מי יכנס לחמישיית הגמר) (Leg 7)
- Occupy Bangkok (כובשים את בנגקוק) (Leg 8)
- Non-Stop Race (מירוץ ללא הפסקה) (Leg 8)
- The Low Down (יורדים נמוך) (Legs 8 and 9)
- Homesick (מתגעגעים הביתה) (Leg 9)
- Separate From Thailand (נפרדים מתאילנד) (Leg 9)
- The Greatest Moments of the Race (הרגעים הגדולים של המירוץ) (recap)
- Dreaming About A Place in the Final (חולמים על מקום בגמר) (Leg 10)
- The Couples in the Race of Their Lives! (!הזוגות במירוץ חייהם) (Leg 10)
- The Final Battle in the Final (הקרב האחרון בדרך אל הגמר) (Leg 11)
- Last Step in a Million! (!צעד אחרון למיליון) (Leg 12)
- The Sky's the Limit (השמיים הם הגבול) (Leg 13)
- Reunion (recap)
- Legs 1-7, 9-10: A vacation
- Leg 11: A prepaid credit card with a large sum of money
- Leg 13:
- First place – ₪1,000,000
- Second place – Two scooters
- Third place – A holiday abroad
|Destinations||Air travel Rail travel Water travel Bus travel|
|Route Markers|| צומת (Detour) מחסום (Roadblock) קיצור דרך (Fast Forward) עצור (Yield)|
סיבוב פרסה (U-Turn) פס האטה (Speed Bump) נקודת סיום (Pit Stop)
Leg 1 (Israel → Hungary)
- Jerusalem, Israel (Teddy Stadium) (Starting Line)
- Ruhama (Wadi Shiqma)
- Tel Aviv (Ben Gurion International Airport) (Elimination Point)
- Tel Aviv (Ben Gurion International Airport) to Budapest, Hungary (Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport)
- Pilisvörösvár (Shivabenstube Restaurant)
- Puss Laci (Pig sty)
- Budapest (Music Conservatory or the circus just outside)
- Budapest (Óbuda Square)
- Budapest (Astra Filmstudios)
- Budapest (Széchenyi thermal bath)
In this leg's Detour, teams had to choose between קרקס (Qerqes - Circus) or ואלס (Vales - Waltz). In Circus, teams had to perform circus acts. One team member had to walk on a tightrope and the other had to balance on a board balanced on a wheel. After they performed properly, they received the next clue. In Waltz, teams had to learn and perform a waltz for judges, who rated their dance accuracy. They needed at least 20 points to receive the next clue. For this leg's Roadblock, one team member would be lowered into a vat of water with their hands and feet secured by iron chains, referencing Houdini. They would be given a set of keys and had to unlock their shackles by finding the correct keys while the platform they were on was slowly lowered into the water. Once they escaped, they would receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At the beginning of the race, each team had to retrieve the key for their vehicle by untangling a pile of ropes. They then had to climb rope ladders to reach a platform suspended by a crane, where their car was sitting, and enter the car. When the driver from each team sounded the horn, they would be lowered to the ground and would receive the next clue.
- To find the code to the safe in their car containing the clue directing them out of the country, teams had to listen to a series of songs performed by a choir at Wadi Shiqma. Three of the songs would reference a specific colour. After recognizing the colors (red, white and green), they had to search for three balls with the three colors among a field full of balls. The correct coloured balls had numbers on them, and teams could use them to unlock the safe in their car. The first five teams received tickets for the first flight from Tel Aviv to Budapest, and the next five teams received tickets for the second flight. The last team to complete the task would not be given a flight to Budapest and was eliminated.
- At the restaurant at Pilisvörösvár, while sharing only one water glass per team, teams had to eat a bowl of spicy goulash. After both teammates finished the goulash, they received the next clue.
- At Puss Laci Pig sty, each team member had to catch a piglet and turn them over to the farmer before receiving the next clue.
- At Óbuda Square, teammates had to face each other with one holding a soda syphon and the other a glass above their head. The one with the syphon had to squirt soda towards their partner to try and fill up the glass. If their syphon was emptied, they had to drink a cup of soda before it would be refilled. When the glass was full, they would receive their next clue.
- On their way to Astra Filmstudios, the teams would be tied up in straitjackets and had to get a cab to take them to the destination.
- After the Roadblock, teams had to solve one side of a Rubik's Cube, featuring a picture of the Széchenyi thermal bath on it, to learn that the bath was their first Pit Stop.
Leg 2 (Hungary)
- Budapest (Budapest Sports Arena)
- Budapest (Almássy tér (in Hungarian)) (Double-Battle)
- Budapest (Ligetvaros Irodahaz or NAP TV)
- Budapest (Miksport Bt.)
- Budapest (Dohány Street Synagogue)
- Budapest (Elisabeth Square)
- Budapest (Elisabeth Bridge)
- Budapest (Buda Castle)
In the first Double-Battle at Almássy tér, two teams had to wrestle in a tub of chocolate syrup while trying to fill the rival team's jar with chocolate. When one team's jar was full, that team received the next clue. In this leg's Detour, teams had to choose between כוכב קולנוע (Khocheb Qelnoah; Movie Star) and כוכב טלוויזיה (Khocheb Televyziah; TV Star). In Movie Star, team members had to dub a scene from a Hungarian film at Ligetvaros Irodahaz. After dubbing five phrases correctly, they received the next clue. In TV Star, teams traveled to NAP TV, where team members had to read the weather forecast for Hungary from a teleprompter. The forecast was entirely in Hungarian, though the text was transliterated into Hebrew characters on the teleprompter. After reading it accurately, they received the next clue. For the Roadblock, a team member had to break open a block of ice to access the next clue frozen inside, using a variety of unusual tools.
- Additional tasks
- At the sports arena, one team member had score two goals against a young professional goalie. Meanwhile, the other team member held a large, heavy block of ice. The hockey-playing team member could only attempt to shoot goals while their partner held the block of ice off the floor. If they dropped it, the one playing hockey had to stop their attempts. When two goals were scored, they would receive the next clue.
- At the Dohány Street Synagogue, teams had to convince five people to wear a beard and imitate Theodor Herzl. They had to lean on a fence, mimicking a famous photo of Herzl's, and say his famous phrase, "Im Tirzu Ein Zo Agada". After each team photographed five people doing this, they received their next clue.
- At Elisabeth Bridge, teams had to count the number of fence posts on the bridge and then with the number obtained (2,377), use it to open a combination lock on a box containing the next clue.
Leg 3 (Hungary → Bosnia and Herzegovina → Croatia)
- Budapest (Budapest Deli railway station) to Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina (Sarajevo Railway Station)
- Sarajevo (Gavrilo Princip Bridge)
- Sarajevo (Old Town Square) (Double-Battle)
- Jahorina (Hotel Termag)
- Jahorina (Jahorina Ski Resort) (Overnight Rest)
- Mostar (Stari Most)
- Dubrovnik, Croatia (Sport Center)
- Dubrovnik (Gradskavana)
- Dubrovnik (Walls of Dubrovnik)
- Dubrovnik (Lady Peepee Statue)
- Dubrovnik (Minčeta Tower)
In the double battle at Old Town Square, the teams played musical chairs with each other and local residents. The last team with a team member remaining in the game would win the Double-Battle. In this leg's Roadblock, one team member had strip down to their swimsuit, put on skis and be towed through a slalom course behind a snowmobile. When they reached the end without falling, they had to let go of their tow rope and coast through the finish line. If they did this successfully, they would receive the next clue. For the Detour, teams had to choose between כדורגל (Kaduregel; Soccer) and כדורסל (Kadursal; Basketball). In Soccer, each team member had to kick a soccer ball through three targets while the second member, dressed as a cheerleader, cheered them on. When the first member scored three goals, they would switch roles. Once both members scored three goals, the they would receive their next clue. In Basketball, teams played against two Croatian basketball players and had to score twenty baskets (ten apiece). At least one basket had to be scored while using a trampoline, a ladder, a supermarket cart and a chair before they could receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At the Gavrilo Princip Bridge, one team member had to throw sardines at the other, who had to catch them in their mouth and eat them without using their hands. After every five misses the throwing member had to eat a salted sardine. When the second member caught one, teams would receive the next clue.
- At Gradskavana, both team members had to eat 1.5 kilograms (3.3 lb) of cremeschnitte without using their hands before receiving the next clue.
- At the Walls of Dubrovnik, one team member had to climb the walls using a mechanical ascender. The wall was divided into three sections, and they were not allowed to ascend past a section unless their partner collected 5 kuna from passers-by. After they finished climbing, teams would receive their next clue.
- Teams had to find the water-fountain sculpture of Lady Pee Pee and drink from it before continuing to the Pit Stop.
Leg 4 (Croatia → Poland)
- Dubrovnik (Dubrovnik Airport) to Kraków, Poland (John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice)
- Kraków (Main Market Square)
- Kraków (Kazimierz)
- Kraków (Klezmer-Hois)
- Kraków (#16 Green Street)
- Kraków (Opera Krakowska)
- Wieliczka (Wieliczka Salt Mine)
- Kraków (Grodzka Street)
- Kraków (16 Sebastianna Street)
In this leg's Detour, teams had to choose between חכמי חלם (Hachmey HaChelm; Men of Chelm) and קניידלעך (Qenyeydel'ek; Matzo Balls). In Men of Chelm, teams had to load a series of six buckets onto a board that was carried on their shoulders. They had to walk backwards through a series of garbage bins, stopping periodically to fill up each of the buckets. The buckets had holes in them and would leak as they ran. At the end of the course, teams would pour their water into a large bucket. Once it reached a certain point, teams would dump the large bucket into a well and receive their next clue. In Matzo Balls, teams had to listen to an accordionist and recognize the two songs he was playing (Hava Nagila and Siman Tov u'Mazel Tov). However, he would begin by only playing a single note. To "purchase" another note, both team members had to eat two matzo balls. Once they recognized the songs, they received the next clue. For the Roadblock, one team member pushed a heavy cart of salt blocks from the Chapel of Saint Kinga through the mines to a hall. They then had to lick a salt wall until they found a spot that tasted sweet. Finally, they dug in the salt-block cart for a crystal key to unlock the next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At the main market square, teams had to convince passers-by to help them carry a Fiat 126 from end of the square to the other, without letting it roll along the ground. Afterwards, the team and everyone who helped them had to get into the car and close the door for five seconds before receiving the next clue.
- At Kazimierz, teams had to used a tablet to contact three Israeli entertainers (Tzipi Shavit, Hanny Nahmias and Irit Anavi). After using the tablets for one minute to find jokes on the Internet, They had tell them five jokes about Polish people. When the comedians ruled that all five jokes were funny, they gave the teams the next clue.
- At Opera Krakowska, teams had to dress in tutus learn a sequence of ballet steps from Swan Lake. If they performed them to the teacher's satisfaction, they would receive the next clue.
- At Grodzka Street, one team member had to ask pedestrians to give them a kiss on the cheek while the other one had to take tablet photos of the kiss. Once they obtained 50 kisses from locals, they could receive their next clue. For religious reasons, Akiva & Anaelle were permitted to do this task with air kisses. 
Leg 5 (Poland → Czech Republic)
- Kraków (Kraków Główny railway station) to Kutná Hora, Czech Republic
- Kutná Hora (Church of Bones)
- Kutná Hora (Church of Bones underground tunnels) (Double-Battle)
- Prague (Florence Street (in Czech))
- Prague (Trafika Store) (overnight rest)
- Prague (Wenceslas Square)
- Prague (Academy of Fine Arts)
- Prague (Old Town Square)
- Prague (Náměstí Republiky (in Czech))
- Prague (Prague Streets)
- Prague (Střelecký Island (in Czech))
In the Double Battle in the underground tunnels, the teams put on roller-skates and dressed as witches. They had to roll around a room, collecting animatronic bats hanging from the ceiling and then throw them into a cauldron. The first team to collect four bats would receive their next clue. For this leg's Roadblock, one team member had to put on a protective suit and perform an action movie stunt. They would be lit on fire, and had to run around flaming barrels to a table with three briefcases. They had to open these briefcases until they found the one containing their next clue, after which they would be extinguished. In the race's first Fast Forward, one team had to model nude for art students. Once the class was complete, they would win the Fast Forward.. For their Speed Bump, Tom and Adele had to sing a Czech children's song on the street for donations from passers-by. When they collected Kč100, they could continue racing.
- Additional tasks
- At the Church of Bones, one team member had to count the number of skulls in the main hall. Meanwhile, their partner had to read aloud a Hebrew-language pamphlet describing the church's history, possibly distracting them. Once they came up with the correct total, teams would receive their next clue.
- At the church's underground tunnels, teams entered the witch chamber. There, they had to search among the room's various items for their next clue, which was hidden under the sawdust on the floor. Teams had to figure out that they had to use the witch's broom to reveal it.
- At Trafika Store, the teams had to find their next clue in one of three local newspapers.
- At the Old Town Square, teams have to act as tour guides and taking a tourist on a carriage ride. The carriage would stop at three monuments, and they had to describe the monument in English to their tourist. While they did not have to be factually accurate, they had to use all seven words that were given to them for each monument.
- After the preceding task, teams ha to find two girls named Jana or Yana. Teams had to buy each them gifts using their own money, and get a photograph with them to receive the next clue.
- At the Prague streets, the teams donned knight armor. They had to carry a medieval sedan chair with a crown in it to find a princess. When they found her, she would simply point at the sedan chair. Teams had to figure out that their next clue was attached to the underside.
Leg 6 (Czech Republic → China)
- Prague (Prague Ruzyně Airport) to Beijing, China (Beijing Capital International Airport)
- Beijing (Beijing National Training Complex)
- Beijing (Huode Zhenjun Temple) (Double-Battle)
- Beijing (Nine Gates Snack Restaurant)
- Beijing (Liangzi Foot Massage Palace)
- Beijing (798 Art Zone)
- Beijing (798 Space)
- Beijing (Jingshan Park)
In this Double-Battle, teams competed in a sunflower seed-cracking race. The first team to fill their scale with 25 grams of de-shelled seeds would win. For this leg's Detour, the teams chose between מלצרות (Meltzerot; Waitressing) and גלגל ביש המזל (Gelgel Beysh HaMazel; Wheel of Misfortune). In Waitressing, teams have to take orders from eight patrons at the restaurant, spoken in Mandarin. Teams then had to go into the kitchen and retrieve the eight correct dishes and serve them to the correct people. If everything was correct, teams would receive their next clue. In Wheel of Misfortune, each team member had to spin a wheel with the names of traditional Chinese meals and eat the meal they landed on to receive the next clue. In the Roadblock, one team member had to get a painful 20-minute foot massage.
- Additional note
- The original Pit Stop was located at Jingshan Park's Top Pavilion. However, due to operating hours, it was relocated to the park's entrance after two of the teams had checked in.
- Additional tasks
- At the Beijing National Training Complex, the teams had to choose one of three gymnastic exercises (balance beam, parallel bars or ribbons). They had to perform their chosen activity perfectly to receive the next clue.
- After the previous task, teams had to wear traditional shoes that were similar to geta for the rest of the leg.
- In the 798 Art Zone, the teams would listen to the Hebrew version of "Drei Chinesen mit dem Kontrabass". They had to search the area and find the characters who were identified in the song (two young Chinese men with a contrabass being chased by a police officer) to receive the next clue.
- At 798 Space, the teams had to count the number of stuffed toys with a "Made In China" label. They had to be careful, as some of the toys had a "Made in Israel" tag instead. When they counted the correct number of toys, they would get their next clue.
Leg 7 (China)
- Beijing (Huanghuazhen Maze)
- Great Wall of China (Mutianyu)
- Beijing (Mudanyuan Relics Park)
- Beijing (Beiying Studios)
- Beijing (Zhongguancun)
- Beijing (Jiang Tai China Market)
- Beijing (Huguang Guild Hall)
For this leg's Detour, the choice was between שפיץ (Shpeytz; Spitz) and קפיץ (Q'feytz; Spring). In Spitz the teams had to learn to play the local version of Hacky Sack, bouncing a feathered ball between one another 25 times with only their feet and upturned palms. When they accomplish this, they would receive their next clue. In Spring, one team member played Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on an erhu while the other sang the Mandarin version of the song. Once their performance was to the judge's satisfaction, they would get their next clue. In the Roadblock, one team member had to prove themselves worthy of a Chinese bride. They had to apply red lipstick and write "I love you" on a piece of paper with kisses, and then brush their teeth with wasabi-flavored toothpaste for one minute.
- Additional tasks
- At the Huanghuazhen Maze, the teams had to enter the maze where they would find many various items. Teams had to find four items that were invented in China, of which there were only five in the maze. They brought them to a Chinese sage in the center of the maze. If they guessed correctly, they would receive their next clue and a large plush of Mushi (Beijing's panda).
- At the Great Wall of China, teams rode a chairlift to a point on the wall, where they received a Hebrew-language word search containing words related to China.. They climbed hundreds of steps to the fifth tower, where they had to completed the word search. They then climbed more steps to the next guard tower, where they exchanged their completed word search and panda for the next clue. The teams then rode a toboggan down a track back to the entrance.
- At Zhongguancun, teams have to gather 10 Chinese locals and teach them to dance while singing "Hava Nagila".
- In a store at the Jiang Tai China Market the teams dressed in bulky elephant costumes. They had to walk through narrow store aisles while trying not to knock over the china plates and glasses lining the store shelves. Once they reached the end, they would be assigned a time penalty based on how much they broke, and had to spend the penalty gluing the broken china back together.
Leg 8 (China → Thailand)
- Beijing (Beijing Capital International Airport) to Bangkok, Thailand Thailand (Suvarnabhumi Airport)
- Bangkok (Siam Ocean World)
- Bangkok (Wat Tawarat) (Double-Battle)
- Bangkok (Chatuchak Weekend Market) (overnight rest)
- Bangkok (Sasiprapa Gym)
- Bangkok (Shoshana Restaurant)
- Bangkok (Phahorat Market)
- Bangkok (B. Bogie's Collections)
- Bangkok (Wat Suthat)
In the Double-Battle at Wat Tawarat, one team member had to meditate with a glass bowl of water balanced on their head. The other team member tried to distract the meditating team member on the other team and make them drop the bowl. After five minutes, they were allowed to tickle their opponent with a feather. In this leg's Detour, the teams had to choose between לקנות (Leqnot; Buy) or למכור (Lemkhor; Sell). In Buy, the teams had to purchase ten items on a shopping list from around the market, using only money provided to them in the clue. This money was not enough to afford all of the items, so team needed to barter with the store owners. In Sell, the teams had to persuade 20 Thai people to eat a falafel. Despite the task's name, the falafels were given away for free. However, each Thai local had to remain at the task location and eat the entire falafel, or it did not count. For the Roadblock, one team member had to learn two Muay Thai exercises and perform them correctly against a Thai boxer to receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At Siam Ocean World, one team member dove into an aquarium full of sharks. The other team member would be given a series of Hebrew sentences with certain words highlighted. One by one, they had to pantomime the words to their partner, who had to pick up boards with the corresponding words off the aquarium floor.
- At Shoshana Restaurant, teams had to find ten Israeli tourists in the area and give each of them a matching t-shirt. The ten locals then had to join the team members and sing "Shoshana, Shoshana" to the restaurant's owner to receive the next clue.
- At Phahorat Market, the teams had to search the upper floor to find a roll of fabric. They then had to take it to Bogie the Tailor so he could make them a suit. Once the suit was complete, teams would put it on and had to wear it as they traveled to the Pit Stop.
Leg 9 (Thailand)
- Bangkok (Wat Pho Ferry Pier) to (Wat Arun Ferry Pier)
- Bangkok (Wat Arun)
- Bangkok (Karaoke Taxi Station)
- Pattaya, Chonburi Province (Pattaya Beach) (Overnight Rest)
- Pattaya (Ban Amphur) (Double-Battle)
- Pattaya (Nong Nooch Tropical Botanical Garden)
- Pattaya (Pattaya Beach)
- Pattaya (Pattaya Park Tower)
- Pattaya (Bali Hai)
In the Double-Battle at Ban Amphur, teams had to walk on shoes made out of coconut shells and race around a course collecting coconuts. If they dropped any coconuts along the way, or their feet touched the sand, they had to start over. The first team to collect eight coconuts, four for each team member, would win. For the Detour, the teams chose between שקשק אותו (Sheqsheq Aotov; Slosh It) and פוצץ אותו (Potzetz Aotov; Pop It). In Slosh It, the teams tasted a fresh-fruit smoothie and had to identify the fruits from which it was made. They then had to collect large styrofoam fruits scattered on the beach while hopping in a potato sack. If they brought back all of the fruits that had been used in the smoothie, they would get their next clue. In Pop It, the teams participated in a traditional activity meant to scare off evil spirits. One team member put on a blindfold and entered a pool filled with balloons. Their partner picked a color of balloon and verbally directed the blindfolded member, who would have to pop all of the balloons of the same colour. In this Roadblock, the chosen team member had to wear a white T-shirt and lie on the ground while an elephant put his leg on their body and hit them with its trunk. The team member then had to put a flat wooden pallet under the T-shirt and let the elephant paint on the T-shirt. Afterwards, the elephant gave them the next clue.
- Additional tasks
- Teams arrived at Wat Arun by ferry and the Karaoke Taxis Station by a long-tail boat.
- At Wat Arun, the teams had to eat locally-made popsicles until they found a popsicle stick with the next clue on it.
- At the karaoke taxis, the teams had to choose a taxi and would be joined by a ladyboy. While riding in the taxi, they had to sing a karaoke version of Izhar Cohen's "Olé, Olé" on repeat for the entire two-hour trip. If they stopped singing, the taxi would pull over and stop until they started singing again
- At Pattaya Beach, teams competed in a limbo contest to determine their departure time. For after each successful attempt the pole was lowered. Each time both team members passed under the pole without falling or touching it, they received an earlier departure time the next day. If they fell or knocked over the bar even once, though, they would be forced to accept the departure time they had achieved and could not try again.
- During the overnight rest after the limbo task, teams received video messages from their loved ones at home.
- After the Roadblock, one team member walked around with exotic fruits and attempted to obtain phone numbers from three people of the opposite gender. They would give one fruit to any person they got a phone number from. The second team member would be watching from a distance and communicated with them through an earpiece, directing them to say pickup lines from a list they had been given. When three phone numbers were obtained, the team received their next clue.
- At Pattaya Park Tower, the teams rode a zip-line elevator from the tower's roof. While on the zip-line, they had to look name of the next Pit Stop, which was written in large letters on a parking lot nearby.
Leg 10 (Thailand → Sri Lanka)
- Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi Airport) to Colombo, Sri Lanka Sri Lanka (Bandaranaike International Airport)
- Colombo (Susu Darame Temple)
- Colombo (Gangaramaya Temple)
- Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte (Jana Kala Kendraya)
- Colombo (Groceries Corner & Snack Bar)
- Colombo (Kollupitiya Market or laundry depot)
- Colombo (Sunil Cowshed)
- Colombo to Viharamahadevi Park
- Colombo (General Post Office)
- Colombo (Independence Memorial Hall)
For the Detour, teams had to choose between סבלי תבלינים (Sebley Tebleyneym; Spice Porters) and כובסי כביסה (Khovesy Khvitah; Laundry Washers). In Spice Porters, teams had to pack 25 kilograms (55 lb) of chili peppers into sacks, one for each team member. They then had to carry them to the mashing stand and mash them into 30 grams of paste to receive the next clue. In Laundry Washers, teams had to follow traditional methods and wash 50 sheets, three of which contained Hebrew words. Once all three words had been discovered, teams had to hang all of the sheets they had cleaned and then show the words to a judge. Each Detour choice had only three workstations. In the race's second Fast Forward, each team member had to get a permanent tattoo of a half-heart design. For the leg's Roadblock, one team member had to search among 7,000 letters for one addressed to their team. After finding it, teams would get a specified amount of time to read its contents, which featured letters from loved ones at home and special items from home.
- Additional tasks
- At the Susu Darame Temple the teams had to find a needle in a haystack, and then use it to sew Buddhist emblems on white robes. They then have to wear the robes and travel by taxi to the Gangaramaya Temple for a blessing from a monk to receive the next clue.
- At Jana Kala Kendraya, each team member spun a large wheel containing pictures of Sri Lankan masks. When the wheel stopped at one of the masks, the team member would only have three seconds to memorize it and then had to find the mask in the crowd of masked revelers. Once both team members were successful, they were directed to their next clue. However, their next clue was located in a basket underneath a cobra. One team member would play a flute to distract it while the other used large pliers to grab the clue.
- At the Sunil Cowshed, the teams had to collect cow dung until they filled two baskets and carry them on their heads to a drying area. They then had to mix the dung with water and sawdust and to make 100 fuel patties. They had to stick all 100 to a wall to receive their next clue.
- At Viharamahadevi Park, one team member would be presented with a Sri Lankan flag, who would then have to verbally describe the flag to their partner. That team member would then have to draw the flag based on the description given. Once the flag was drawn correctly, teams would receive their next clue. This task was not aired.
Leg 11 (Sri Lanka)
- Colombo (Coconut Plantation)
- Panadura (Gangula Devalaya)
- Panadura to Colombo
- Colombo (Galle Face Green)
For the Detour, teams chose between זכר (Zechar; Male) and נקבה (Neqebah; Female). For both tasks, the team members could only use their right hand. In Male, the teams had to attach a cart to a water buffalo, and then load the cart with coconuts. They then had to lead the cart along a marked course without dropping any coconuts. When they delivered the coconuts, they would receive their next clue. In Female, teams had to milk a female buffalo to fill a milk bucket. When the bucket was filled completely, they could receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At Gangula Devalaya, one team member had to walk barefoot over hot coals, while the other team member had to lie on a bed of nails for three minutes.
Leg 12 (Sri Lanka → Singapore)
- Singapore (Orchard Road)
- Singapore (Fountain of Wealth)
- Singapore (Marina Bay Sands)
- Singapore (ArtScience Museum)
- Singapore (Marina Bay Sands – Skypark)
For their Speed Bump, Tom and Adele entered a flight simulator and had to perform a simulation of a Boeing 737. They had to perform takeoff, regular and emergency announcements and landing. After succeeding in at least three of the four tasks, they could continue racing.
- Additional tasks
- After arriving in Singapore, the teams had to travel to Orchard Road in sport cars containing suitcases holding ₪1,000,000 in cash.
- When they arrived at Orchard Road, the teams then had to put on high heels and carry the ₪1,000,000 from the suitcase. They would follow a marked course on foot while carrying the cash in high heels, which included crossing busy intersections and traveling through busy malls and up escalators. When they arrived at the Fountain of Wealth with the money, they had to circle the fountain three times and touch the water to receive their next clue.
- At Marina Bay Sands, teams would meet local illusionists J C Sum and "Magic Babe" Ning Cai. Teams had to perform a magic show, with one member in the role of a magician and the other as the assistant. The magician had to handcuff the assistant, who would then climb into a sack inside of a box. The magician would spin the box and open it from a certain angle, showing the audience that it was 'empty', during which the assistant had to escape from the cuffs and sack. If they would exit the box completely free at the end of the routine, while impressing Sum and Cai who would be judging them, teams would receive their next clue.
- At ArtScience Museum, one team member would be completely blindfolded and would wear a helmet with a small video camera and a bluetooth headset. They would be lowered from the roof down to the ground on a wire. Their partner would be watching the video feed from their helmet on a laptop screen, and had to use bluetooth to direct them. They had to grab 15 merlions statuettes attached to a hanging rope suspended from the museum roof, five of each of three colours. When teams collected 15 merlions and put them in a suitcase, they would receive their next clue.
- At Skypark in Marina Bay Sands, the teams had to swim across the infinity pool before they could check in at the nearby Pit Stop.
Leg 13 (Singapore)
- Singapore (Singapore River Pier)
- Singapore (Hong San See Temple)
- Singapore (Singapore Flyer)
- Singapore (Marina Bay Sands Shopping Mall)
- Singapore (Marina Bay Sands - 55th Floor)
- Singapore (Gardens by the Bay)
- Additional tasks
- At the Singapore River Pier, teams experienced a ride along the river in bum-boats.
- At Hong San See Temple, one team member had to extinguish a burning pole by engulfing it in their mouth, and the second member had to breathe fire on a paper box, which would burn up and reveal their next clue.
- At the Singapore Flyer, teams would enter one of the cabins of this massive ferris wheel, where they would find a very large array of items. Teams had to figure out which of these items they needed to exchange for their next clue. Sharp-eyed teams would notice that only one of the items was a 'tool'; an ultraviolet light. They could use this light to see invisible writing on one of the items that said 'take me', which was written on a megaphone. They would also notice a QR code attached to another item, a chair, that would present the message of 'take me' if scanned by teams' tablets. Once they presented both the megaphone and the chair, they would receive their next clue.
- At the Marina Bay Sands Shopping Mall, the teams had to use the megaphone to convince 58 people to sit on the chair at once in order to receive the next clue.
- On the 55th floor of Marina Bay Sands, each team member would get onto a separate tightrope spanning the space between two of the resort's towers. Their only form of support on the wires would be each other, and they had to hold each other up while they crossed the gap. On the other side, they would pick up an orchidaceae flower, and then had to return to the starting point. If ant any point they fell off, the team would have to begin the whole task again. Once they returned to the start with their flower, teams would receive their final clue.
- "ג'ובאני רוסו מייצג את קרואטיה בעונה השניה של "המירוץ למיליון"". Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "סוף המירוץ". Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "רשת מאשרת: תפיק עונה שנייה של "המירוץ למיליון"". Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "רון שחר ינחה את "המירוץ למיליון"". Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "היוש סינגפור: בר ואינה בצילומי גמר המירוץ למיליון". Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- "TELEWIZYJNY SŁYNNY "THE AMAZING RACE" W KRAKOWIE". Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- HaMerotz LaMillion, season 2, all episodes, originally aired 25 October 2011
- HaMerotz LaMillion, season 2, episode 9, originally aired October 2011
- Official website (in Hebrew)