|Minister of Foreign Affairs|
29 January 2014 – 13 December 2017
|Prime Minister||Bohuslav Sobotka|
|Preceded by||Jan Kohout|
|Succeeded by||Martin Stropnický|
|4th Speaker of the Chamber of Deputies|
11 July 2002 – 14 August 2006
|Preceded by||Václav Klaus|
|Succeeded by||Miloslav Vlček|
|Member of the Chamber of Deputies|
Assumed office |
1 June 1996
6 September 1956|
(now Czech Republic)
Socialist Party (1986–1989)|
Civic Forum (1990–1991)
Civic Movement (1991–1994)
Social Democratic Party (1994–present)
|National Front (1986–1989)|
|Alma mater||Masaryk University|
Lubomír Zaorálek (born 6 September 1956) is a Czech politician who served as the Minister of Foreign Affairs under Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka from 2014 to 2017. He has been the Member of the Chamber of Deputies (MP) since 1996. Zaorálek unsuccessfully ran for the premiership in the 2017 election but his Social Democratic Party received only 7% of the vote.
He was born on 6 September 1956 in Ostrava, and graduated from Jan Evangelista Purkyně University (today Masaryk University) in Brno in 1982. He worked as a dramaturge at Czechoslovak Television in Ostrava.
Zaorálek was first elected to the Chamber of Deputies in 1996 as a member of the Czech Social Democratic Party (ČSSD), becoming the party's vice chairman in 2009. From 2002 to 2006, he was the Speaker of the Chamber of Deputies.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lubomír Zaorálek.|
- (in Czech) Official Chamber of Deputies website
- (in English) Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic official profile
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-06-20. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "CV of Lubomir Zaoralek" (in Czech). Pronet Media Ostrava. 2010. Archived from the original on 20 June 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "Filmova databaze FDB" (in Czech). Filmová databáze s.r.o. (FDb.cz). Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "CSSD" (in Czech). Czech Social Democratic Party. January 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "Lubomír Zaorálek". Government of the Czech Republic. January 2014. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
| Speaker of the Chamber of Deputies
| Minister of Foreign Affairs
|This biographical article about a Czech politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|