|• Type||Coordination committee|
|• Body||DCC, Myagdi|
|• Total||2,297 km2 (887 sq mi)|
|• Density||49/km2 (130/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:45 (NPT)|
Myagdi District (Nepali: म्याग्दी जिल्ला Listen (help·info)), a part of Gandaki Pradesh, is one of the seventy-seven districts of Nepal. The district, with Beni as its district headquarters, covers an area of 2,297 km², had a population of 114,447 in 2001 and 113,641 in 2011.
Geography and Climate
This district can experience 7 types of climates
|Elevation Range||% of Area|
|Upper Tropical||300 to 1,000 meters
1,000 to 3,300 ft.
|Subtropical||1,000 to 2,000 meters
3,300 to 6,600 ft.
|Temperate||2,000 to 3,000 meters
6,400 to 9,800 ft.
|Subalpine||3,000 to 4,000 meters
9,800 to 13,100 ft.
|Alpine||4,000 to 5,000 meters
13,100 to 16,400 ft.
|Nival||above 5,000 meters||13.9%|
|Trans-Himalayan||3,000 to 6,400 meters
9,800 to 21,000 ft.
- Beni Municipality
- Annapurna Rural Municipality
- Dhaulagiri Rural Municipality
- Mangala Rural Municipality
- Malika Rural Municipality
- Raghuganga Rural Municipality
Former Village Development Committees
Prior to the restructuring of the district, Myagdi District consisted of the following municipalities and Village development committees:
- Beni Municipality
- Gurja Khani
- Histhan Mandali
- Rakhu Bhagawati
Myagdi district is one of the most popular destination for Tourism. The world famous Poon Hill lies in the Ghara VDC of this district. Ghorepani is another attraction for travelers. The trekking/hiking trail Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek is considered as easy and most liked trail in Annapurna region. The flora and fauna of this district is unique. Not only in natural resources, it is rich in cultural heritage. Magars specially Pun community are welcoming the foreigners with their smile for long time. Tatopani Hot Spring is another attraction of Myagdi.
Mohare Hill of Ramche of Myagdi district another destination for hiker. Mohare hill is located at 3000 meters from the sea level . Annapurna dhaulagiri mountain range can be observe from Mohare hill.
- "National Population and Housing Census 2011 (National Report)" (PDF). Central Bureau of Statistics. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-05-25. Retrieved November 2012. Check date values in:
- The Map of Potential Vegetation of Nepal - a forestry/agroecological/biodiversity classification system (PDF), Forest & Landscape Development and Environment Series 2-2005 and CFC-TIS Document Series No.110., 2005, ISBN 87-7903-210-9, retrieved Nov 22, 2013
- "स्थानिय तह" (in Nepali). Ministry of Federal Affairs and General Administration. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- "Mohare Hill Trek | The Complete Beginners Guide to Mohare Danda Trekking Myagdi Nepal - Prasant Bhatt". Prasant Bhatt. 2018-08-08. Retrieved 2018-08-10.
- "Nepal's 86yo climber announces to attempt Everest again". The Himalayan Times. 2017-03-06. Retrieved 2018-07-12.
- "Districts of Nepal". Statoids.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Myagdi District.|
|This Nepalese location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|